[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is suicide a rebellion against God? Thread about suicide. Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 10

File: 860637877_1379290784.jpg (188KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
860637877_1379290784.jpg
188KB, 1600x1200px
Is suicide a rebellion against God?

Thread about suicide.

Please 'avoid hurrdurr suicide is cowardly' that seem to be popular amongst the masses. Philosophy about suicide is welcome.
>>
I am currently looking forward to committing suicide, I have this weird feeling about life like when you waited and hyped for a new game that turns out to be complete shit
>>
Yes. Don't kill yourself. You must see life through. You can't hurry the outcome. It could be that what comes after is much worse than what came before.

[10:56] It is He Who giveth life and who taketh it, and to Him shall ye all be brought back.

According to hadith, a person who kills themselves will be damned to an eternity of repeatedly killing themselves in the same manner in hell.
>>
File: endura.jpg (161KB, 659x1163px) Image search: [Google]
endura.jpg
161KB, 659x1163px
Jesus committed suicide.

If it's good enough for The Savior is good enough for us.
>>
>>14966009
Suicide is totally fine. Especially if the person if in chronic pain and just doesn't feel like dealing with it anymore.
>>
HOW TO GUIDES:

http://www.depressed.net/suicide/
>>
>>14966030
I know the feeling. It's overrated as fuck.
>>
I have a fear I'll merely be reincarnated as another being if I commit suicide. I wonder if there's a chance I can just stay in the spirit world or as a ghost.
>>
>>14966009
God is Eternal; God could always recreate you in another realm of existence entirely. Same thing goes for abortions and miscarriages.
>>
>>14966009
In Christianity, sucicide allegedly only became a sin when people started to off themselves to get to Heaven faster, to such a degree that they died faster than new Christians could be converted.

Up until then it was a non-issue.
>>
File: fd4.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fd4.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
>this thread
>>
>>14966122
Explain? Source?

I thought to get off this shitball who had to get enlightened or ascend.
>>
>>14966102
this.
>>
>>14966148
>source

Not that guy, but, just about every religion ever. Even scientists are postulating the idea of multiple realities.
>>
>>14966009
I think it's only a rebellion against God and a sin if the only reason you're committing suicide is to get to Heaven. Not that you're depressed or not that you're in a tight spot and that's the only answer.
>>
Do what thou wilt ;)
>>
>>14966159
Isn't there a theory of quantum suicide or something so that if you shoot yourself you end up in a universe where you survive it? Quantum immortality or something...
>>
Can't wait for mine.
>>
no, suicide is a rebellion against logic.
>>
>>14966182
thats a parable idiot, not a legitimate theory.its just a way to describe the "random" nature of quantum physics in an abstract way.
>>
>>14966009
Aren't almosst all religions against it? I'd be interested in hearing about the ones that aren't, and I am not religious, but I guess the only way to answer is to say "it depends on what 'god' you follow'

As a humanist, I feel that suicide is extremely painful for the family of the actor, and it carries a powerful, long-term negative effect. Not only are you killing yuorself, but you are basically cursing everyone close to you to some profound pain and confusion.

I would guess that it can only be morally correct in cases of extreme pain or turmoil.

End of life scenarios, when someone is terminal, is a different story, and I think the right to die is more humane and actually lowers the overall amount of suffering in the world. Some people don't consider that suicide though.
>>
>>14966236
Islam seems to be OK with it, especially if its done in a religious context, guaranteeing martyrdom.
>>
Apparently we voluntarily agree to become human by deciding so with angels and spirit guides before we're born. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking.

I hope I have the sense to say no if I'm asked again.
>>
>>14966232
Well, I didn't actually think that would happen. But people believe all kinds of weirdness, think I read about this on /x/ actually
>>
>>14966264
hmm, I forget about that. Is that standard for Islam, or just for the more extreme sects? I admit I am ignorant about that religion.
>>
>>14966300
No, he's wrong. Idiots here on /x/ truly believe in it. Go to the archive and search those terms.
>>
>>14966236
Islam isn't against it, as long as you kill a fuckload of other people when you do it.
>>
Any ideas on what does happen?
>>
>>14966009
Suicide is not cowardly, is not a rebellion against god, it's just stupid unless in a situation of physical and mental pain so hard that there's no way to solve it. Social ineptitude or inadequacy are totally not legit, and same goes for social trauma.

Suicide is like deciding that you already know what you're going to face next in either life or death, which is something you can't say. You can't go back, so on a practical level you are literally choosing to cut out whatever you are feeling right now for the sake of a totally unknown new option. It's basically a waste of what you had left to live (which makes suicide before natural causes insuing a legit option).
So if you believe in a god, since suicide is usually seen as sinful in most monotheistic religions and even in others, you are basically asking whatever god you believe in to just fuck you up for eternity to stop the trivial, passing sensations of a lifetime. Even if you believe in a religion that allows suicide you could simply be wrong and there could be nothing beyond life.

tl;dr: suicide is usually stupid and based on poor decisions on the moment, unless you are irrimediably fucked for the little you still have left. Gambling on afterlife sucks.
>>
>>14966306
>>14966319
Well, I don't think they explicity forbid suicide and that probably is enough of a loophole for the nutjobs to exploit.
>>
>>14966319
>>14966264
>>14966306
Nah, Islam is a religion of peace. I don't know where you got that from
>>
>>14966372
That's what mankind has been trying to find out since the dawn of time. Trust me, NO ONE KNOWS!
>>
>>14966407
Alloo Snackbar!
>>
>>14966009
lives fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse
>>
>>14966139
>memegenerator
>edgy
>>>/b/
>>
>>14966393
>irrimediably

not even close to a word bud
>>
>>14966407
True, but dickwads with their own selfish agendas will brainwash others into thinking anything is religiously justified.
>>
>>14966059
>SKYDIVING 'ACCIDENT'

Makes me wonder how many times somebody has killed themselves this way and the authorities thought something simply went wrong with the parachute.
>>
>>14966046
heroin here i come.
>>
>>14966483
Lel replying to a troll post
>>
>>14966453
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irremediable

One letter off is actually pretty close.
>>
The idea of hell is disgusting. No god would allow it to exist
>>
>>14966538
>you die
>hell is actually just a cubical department for god to outsource his management
>>
>>14966009
I feel suicide to be liberation from the monotony that is life. It's the misinterpretation of the weak to think that you must be weak to kill yourself when in reality it's going to be the strongest thing that they've ever done.
>>
>>14966538
Yeah. Unless He is a dick. In that case, we're all doomed lol lmao rofl XXXXXXXDDDDDDDDE ELELELE
>>
Well there's probably nothing to be secure about, the only thing you can be 100% secure about is probably that "I am".

Maybe suicide is the right thing to do, maybe it is not.

I wouldn't do it. I think we are here for a reason. What if you get incarnated on earth again in a similar situation? Why does running from your problems help you to solve them, Why does taking suicide solve the problems? Maybe there are no problems at all. I think you are here to work on yourself, solve/deal with your problems, know thyself.
>>
>>14966581

>Why does running from your problems help you to solve them

Suicide bombers aren't running from their problems. They're running to them
>>
We are aware beings whose awareness is impermanent. We can imagine what the moment of our dissolution would feel like. If there is a god, and it is a conscious thing, it's logic is beyond me. No more Xanax. shit.
>>
>>14966595
wasnt it painfully obvious that he wasnt talking about suicide bombers?

Are you the type of guy who likes to start arguments out of nothing?
>>
>>14966628
This isn't out of nothing and it's completely relevant. Suicide it topic, not the reason for it
>>
>>14966595

Suicide bombers blowing themselves into the problem, does not necessarily solve the problem.
>>
>>14966643
It actually does because they won't have to live by it's oppression any more
>>
>>14966621
>awareness is impermanent.

we dont know that

>imagine what the moment of our dissolution would feel like.

freaky thought, I dont know if I should be scared, or happy, but I want to put it off as long as possible.

>If there is a god, and it is a conscious thing, it's logic is beyond me.

agreed

>No more Xanax. shit.
your post was at least as coherent as everyone elses, I dont think you can blame Xanax , these might be your real thoughts.
>>
>>14966652

Okay, I see that it might be solved for you since you wont have it anymore, but the problem would still be there.
>>
>>14966569
>>14966538

People give into sin and slowly their spiritual beings become negative and evil. When these people die their soul cannot live in Heaven, it's just not compatible, so you're sent to the place where all the other Fallen angels and people who want to prove to God he's wrong go.

God doesn't want you to go there, but if you are an outright evil and sinful person than you are knocking on Hells door not Heavens
>>
>>14966692
Now that's getting a little off topic. The problem would most likely persist for the living but we were discussing suicide.
>>
File: 777 captcha.png (28KB, 277x229px) Image search: [Google]
777 captcha.png
28KB, 277x229px
If there is an all knowing/all powerful God, then every event in your life would visible to it prior to your creation. This God would have been able to create you differently in order to prevent your suicide but it chose not to. therefore your suicide would not be rebellion but exactly what the God wanted.

If the god isnt all knowing then it's views on what is right and wrong arent any more valid than yours are and you shouldnt give a shit about whether or not youre rebelling.

also tfw the captcha is 777. Someone is fucking with me.
>>
>>14966711

God would send you to hell for not believing in him. Is it fair for the altruistic atheist who lived a life for others to be condemned to hell when said atheist wasn't evil?
>>
>>14966713

Yeah, I won't say I'm secure with anything 100%, the same for you too.
>>
>>14966049
jesus is a false idol. believing in him is like believing in a statue.
>>
>>14966046
>>14966030
well supposedly everyone who has ever lived has died, and if you're gonna get old and die eventually anyway, might as well enjoy all the good things in life before you die?

so do not kill yourself. try to be happy. be a nice bro.
>>
>even considering it
kek
>>
>>14966728
You 100% sure about that? me not being secure with anything 100%? I'm 100% sure you're unsure of that
>>
>>14966049
>>14966732
You're both retarded children.
>>
>>14966717
But imagine, IMAGINE how much you would surprise the Lord if you were made to commit suicide and instead you said... "no. I will live my life and be a better person than I was even designed, I will do better and be better than what I was made for and be a hero and a real human bean" that would probably make the lord really happy.
>>
>>14966748
jeusus is a person. how can someone worship a person? the bible warns to not worship false idols
>>
>>14966721

Now that question would dabble into the grey area of belief. The church would say yes to your question, but like most institutions the churches are twisted.

I think a God would look for any good within a being, and if that being lacks even the smallest amount of good than it will be destroyed.
>>
>>14966711
Any god that sentences someone to an eternity of suffering is off his rocker. Nothing we do in life warrants that.

Literally eternal suffering. How can anybody worship a being that has created such a place.
>>
>>14966746

Are you 100% secure about that?
>>
>>14966751

>human bean

How does one become a real human bean? inquiring minds need to know.
>>
>>14966762
Yes. I'm sure that you're unsure if I'm 100% secure with anything
>>
>>14966758

Jesus was written in the bible, which was all written by men.
>>
>>14966761
If god did exist I believe it'd be an atheist too
>>
>>14966761

So someone who kills his whole family and rapes his children before killing a group of cops and himself still deserves to go up to Heaven?

I don't even know if I believe in Heaven or Hell, but the idea of a Hell makes sense to me.
>>
>>14966751
an all knowing God wouldnt be capable of being surprised. That's sort of the whole point of what I said before.
>>
>>14966775

I can be not 100% secure if that's what you or I am saying is 100% secure.
>>
>>14966793
well my conclusion is that it's all bullshit. I suppose if heaven were real there would have to be some other test before those people could actually make it there.
>>
>>14966784
which is why I believe in G-D and not a book written by people.
>>
>>14966794
you know what I mean.
>>
>>14966277
Source?
>>
>>14966926
he's saying no matter what you do to try and change your life it was always predetermined by your god, therefore, you couldn't surprise him
>>
>>14966909
>G-D
are or were you at one point jewish or is that adopted from something else?
>>
>>14966009

The Great Refusal: An Historical Guide To Christian Suicide

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1725.htm

anyone who says suicide isnt ok is just trying to convince themselves that the universe/god is altruistic and cares about us which is NOT TRUE
>>
>>14966888

Look no further than within yourself!
>>
>>14966971
That's where everybody looks, unfortunately
>>
>>14966939
I understand and agree. I stand by my point anyways.
>>
>>14966940
yea I'm jewish. I do that because supposedly its respectful to not write it down as is. I don't understand why but I do it anyway because it doesn't do me any trouble. Might learn about it more eventually.
>>
>>14966236
>humanist
Yer treadin in dangerous waters, laddeh. Fight fer what ye stand for, not fer the survival of some ideologie.
>>
>>14966717
not necessarily, imagine a man who has created a computer game. he has programmed all the physics, created every art asset, optimized all the code ... he knows all the potential the game engine has - but he does not know the execution.

the gameplay of life can still surprise god the creator.
>>
>>14966009

I'd say suicide simply is. It's an escape from chronic pain, as in a terminally ill patient. I believe a person should be able to exit this world as they see fit. It would be altruistic and selfless for the old and weary to commit suicide when their health begins to decline and they become a net consumer, as opposed to a net producer. The moment my friends and family are required to care for me that's the point I'd like to make my exit.

At the same time, it would be selfish to commit suicide because you can't get your shit together. Drug abuse, bad decisions, etc, if you have someone that depends on you, emotionally or financially or however, then you have an obligation to them to be there. I suppose there might be a point at which the pain becomes too much, but still, one should at least make an attempt or seek some sort of guidance to become stable or hold out for their loved ones and the ones that depend on them.
>>
>>14967017
I think it has more to do with writing in real life. like if you were to write "God" on a paper instead of "G-D" and then discard or damage the paper, it would become disrespectful. So i guess it makes sense to use when this thread will be deleted eventually. sorry you might already know this much, haha
>>
>>14967138
fuck off, sociopath. the only limit on resources are artificially produced therefore your nazi-esque "consumer" ideology is flawed from the tip of the bone all the way outward.

just admit you loathe the elderly unstead of putting on this weird guise of glorifying suicide.
>>
>only get one life
>end it early
???
>>
>>14967214
There is no early when it comes to death. It comes when it was meant to.
>>
no suicide is a rebellion against life

but if you ask me life is god
>>
>>14967214
>only get one cheeseburger at chilis
>do not finish all of it
length does not matter, only if whether or not you "savor flavor"
>>
>>14967121

Maybe God is both the programmer and the program. God is in everything.
>>
>>14967121
When i was a kid I remember hearing
about a theory that our universe and
our existance is in a giant computer. Didn't
Know what to think of it at the time other than
to worry about it being turned off.
>>
>>14967121
By definition of "all knowing" the god would know exactly how the gameplay of life would play out.

The game creator is not be an all knowing being and therefore they are not comparable to the god.
>>
>>14967199
thats a good idea of what I've heard. thanks anon its cool :)
>>
>>14967266
and youre not an all knowing being either therefore your wrong and im right.

thanks. mr. definition.
sincerely,
>>
>>14967247
related
http://io9.com/5950543/physicists-say-there-may-be-a-way-to-prove-that-we-live-in-a-computer-simulation
>>
>>14967222

But if you die or live when death comes to you depends.
>>
>>14967322
You have to live to die so it doesn't depend on when death comes. Death comes after life. The length of life is irreverent
>>
>>14967298
honestly im pretty bad at explaining this stuff so sorry if i sounded repetitive.
im not all knowing and you very well could be more 'right" than i am for that reason. However, what you said before wasnt any sort of counter to the theory i originally presented.
>>
File: 2014-04-25-163840.jpg (57KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-25-163840.jpg
57KB, 960x544px
>>14967353
no worries mate just pulling ya one. but yeah i have a personal authority with god so sorry if i gave ya a bit of s snap. no hard feelings cause none where intended and i hope you can fesl fhis beam of electricity im sending you right now. can you feel the goodwill? i put just a pinch of god in it.

cheers.
>>
File: i feel it.jpg (160KB, 362x414px) Image search: [Google]
i feel it.jpg
160KB, 362x414px
>>14967386
oh man, i'm feelin it alright.
>>
>>14967212

Nigga please!

Not everyone can have great, glorious cities and 8 children to take care of them into their old age. At some point the equation becomes unstable. For anyone that can foresee such a catastrophe, they plan accordingly. War, a plague, famine, something needs to set things right before they get out of hand.

It's simply pruning the dead and dragging branches before they bring down the whole tree. If you think it's flawed then you really can't see the looming social security crisis, the packed nursing homes, the catastrophe on the horizon for Japan, and so on.
>>
>>14967333

Seems right for me, I agree.
>>
>>14967489
if its to be then it shall be, but to assume and intervene is to spit and to vomit. do not vomit on gods masterpiece. the wise man knows to do nothing is better than to offer a solution with false confidence.

to "prune", as you put it, is to stand to lose much in terms of precious life, to endure life until the natural end is to lose nothing, and gain everything - for the elderly now and for us in the future.

respect must be given, and not your faux-respect of handing of pushing them down the narrow hallway of "honor" like youre giving them a choice.

life is honor, death is naught.
>>
File: 1383526685533.jpg (431KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1383526685533.jpg
431KB, 2048x1365px
>>14966277

same feels here. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking,.. volunteering to come here and incarnate for this shit. my life is fucking miserable. I just don't fucking get it. what the fuck am I even here!? shit really sucks. nothing but misery, depression, rejection, pain, sorrow, anguish, only brief fleeting moments of happiness tainted with the fear and foreboding of how short that happy moment would be... and only to return ever yet again to a dark grey life of pain, unhappiness and suffering,,,,why!? what the fuck do I have to be here just to live in a lonely life long misery!? no fucking wonder people commit suicide.!! seems like life absolutely fucking sucks most of the time
>>
>>14966717
I am not religious, but I think when Adam anf Eve partook of the forbidden fruit, they essential set all of mankind free and gave us free will.

From what I have heard and read is that our time on this Earth is a test to see if we are truly faithful to him.

I personally dont believe in any of that, when you die your mind goes to darkness and you cease to be, no parallel universe bullshit or heaven
>>
>>14966009

Let's look at two figures in the Bible who committed suicide:

>King Saul, driven to fall on His own sword after being allowed by God to be cornered after forsaking God's commands
>Judas Iscariot, betrayer of Jesus Christ

If your life and the choices you've made as a result of it lead you to suicide, this is the model you're following. Do you want to throw your lot in with those such as these?

If you wish to forfeit your life, do so for a just cause. Die to sin and live for Christ. Live to serve others, and spread the gospel under threat of your life. Follow Christ and give your life to God. He will give it meaning.
>>
>>14967617

Adam and Eve had the choice to do what God said not to do to begin with, so they had free will before they disobeyed. What eating the fruit gave them was knowledge of good and evil, the latter of which resulting in the death and pain we face even today.
>>
God does not exist, but if suicide was seen as a rebellion against the aliens who try to influence us, or as a rebellion against the machine that brought us here, then I would agree.

Creepy, the verification code is my area code, luckily we still have the house-line hooked up with our old area code.
>>
>>14967715>>14967617
true, that's how it goes in the bible. but based off the theory in my original statement,. If God was all knowing and all powerful he wouldn't have failed to predict this event, or any other event, in adam and eve's life before he created them. therefore Adam and Eve would not have had free will to begin with as their lives would play out the way god created them to
>>
>>14967794
agree with what? also why would rebelling matter if the aliens/the machines have no influence over the afterlife?
>>
File: dying.jpg (201KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dying.jpg
201KB, 732x1000px
Has anyone here ever done really strong hallucinogens?
>Mushrooms, salvia, DMT, that sort of stuff

Well, you know then, your mood/feelings you are experiencing when the trip "shoots you off into outer space" is what creates a positive or negative mindset, therefor a positive or negative trip.

The same applies to death, be it from suicide or natural causes... however, one usually has family and a loving atmosphere during the onset of death from natural causes promoting a positive experience.
Suicide is usually caused by negative feels, self-absorption, and the root of that is selfishness... e.g. negativity.

Read up on NDE's from suicide, you will see exactly where I'm coming from... don't forget to take large quantities of hallucinogens to test it for yourself (without the whole dying part lol)!
>>
>>14966009
God is not real.
You must look at this in the only way you can and that is in the rational and logical way.
You do not know for sure that there is any kind of afterlife. And that means that killing yourself doesn't take the pain away, it takes you away. Permanently. There's no going back or being reborn. That it for everything that makes you you. You'll not see anything or sense anything or even think anything. There won't even be darkness. There will be absolutley nothing.

Now, with that in mind, is suicide really the way to go?
>>
>>14967826
Take the perspective of an all knowing being, you would know it would happen.

It is just another step in the journey, why give beings free-will, if they aren't going to use it?

>A sailor who only knew rough seas, would never know what rest was.

>>14967865
forgot to say, via this it is all free-will... what you make of it, is your choice.
>>
>>14967865
>your mood/feelings you are experiencing when the trip "shoots you off into outer space" is what creates a positive or negative mindset, therefor a positive or negative trip.

hurdurr your emotions make you feel and your feels make you emote
>>
>>14967908
Obviously you have never died before.

Keep up the conformist thinking, it will get you nowhere.

>Old problems cannot be solved by the same thinking.

I feel sorry for you, but you will one day understand, be it via the ultimatum of death... but hopefully earlier.

>That is your final chance, make of it what you will.
>>
>>14967826

You can't say that God didn't know what would happen, and you can't say that it wasn't with purpose for what is to come. Adam and Eve had choice, and this is the basis of free-will. To say that the two conflict would be to imply that you yourself understand the essence of being omniscient, which is not the case, as you are not yourself omniscient.
>>
>>14967932
>Keep up the conformist thinking
quotes einstein

Try being original for once in your life

>you have never died before

You don't know me so if really absurd for you to assume I'm never died.
>>
>>14967972
I see you are attempting to use an attack of my person, that is noob-tier argumentation tactics.

I now understand you have nothing further to contribute.

Good day.

>cosmic laughter
>>
>>14967996
I'm attacking you by using your own words against you?

no, no, no, I'm just showing what a hypocrite you are for calling someone else a conformist when you conform yourself
>>
>>14967906
not sure im getting your point here man. also wouldn't the sailor be able to adapt to the rough seas and be able to rest?
>>
>>14967850
Then I would agree with suicide being a rebellion against G-d. And also it's if the aliens have no influence over the afterlife, when it's entirely possible that they do hold influence over it. Reincarnation would be the possibility for this. I have a lot more vivid ideas, but it's too much.
>>
>>14968010

Non-conformance is conformance to your personal view of non-orthodox behaviors. It would be necessary for it to be true that it is possible for you to have a thought no one else has ever had to assert that you are not conforming to another's idea of self-direction. Given that this is not provable, is it really possible to not conform, or is "non-conformance" just a back-handed construct used to attempt to coerce others into conforming to your standard rather than somebody else's?
>>
>>14968037

That there will be a result to that day of rough seas is guaranteed. The ability of a being to see that result before its inception is separate from the choices the sailor makes in reaching it.
>>
>>14967528

How do you know god or whomever didn't instill such a belief in a particular culture as part of the big plan? If people want to die when they start dragging down society then that's their sacrifice for the greater good. It was a part of the Indian and Chinese culture for quite a bit. I'm not sure who else embraced this value, but it's not something I invented.
>>
>>14968071

God does give light to the hearts of all men; however, that light becomes darkened with men's choices and Satan's deceptions. Noah, the father of all men, knew God. It was the choice of men to stray from true knowledge of Him.

God, who is called the God of Life, is consistent with Himself.
>>
>>14968052
Non-conformity* is completely possible if one was to dismiss any ideals presented.
Do you know how ridiculous you sound saying that someone conforms to their self? Conformity means to align your views with others so you can't exactly conform to yourself.
>>
>>14968103

Pffft, what a stupid faggot.
>>
>>14966046
>damned to an eternity of repeatedly killing themselves in the same manner in hell.
There was a guy on a thousand ways to die who fucked a girl and when he orgasmed he had a heart attack cuz of all the viagra he took
>>
>>14968153
my kind of hell
>>
>>14968052
>>14968124
>sociology would probably interest you guys, if you haven't studied it already

>>14968037
Well, in the context I gave it sure, but it was more meant as "true rest," as in what we perceive as rest.

captcha: okkk youuu
>>
>>14968064
AH i think i see what you mean. The creator being may have made the sailor knowing all the choices he'd make but that doesn't mean that sailor's choices are not his own?
>>
>>14968168
have any info that isn't easily googled on sociology?
>>
>>14968202

Exactly. The way we know things is much more primitive compared to the way God knows things. God can see every possibility, and yet He knows which will come to pass. He is not limited like us.
>>
>>14966793
Nah I think after we die we are just reincarnated into something better or worse based on karma and shit or we can wander a parallel spirit world
>>
>>14968277
/b/ can be labeled as an authoritarian personality, that's an easy connection I can make lol.
Also 4chan is a sub-culture in of itself... each board is a deviation of this sub-culture creating groups of people who make their own norms, values, memes (psychology term not just internet thing).

>It's the study of outside influences on people/society/cultures/sub-cultures
>>
>>14968340
.../b/... the one with all the kids who pretend to be adults and all the adults who pretend to be kids?
>>
>>14968278
being all powerful wouldnt God be the one manipulating which possibilities come to pass?
All of our personality traits, intelligence, etc, that make up our decision making processes would be determined by God. so wouldn't our 'free will' just be making choices that God designed us to make.
>>
File: Net-of-Being.jpg (237KB, 1000x498px) Image search: [Google]
Net-of-Being.jpg
237KB, 1000x498px
>>14968384
If you are the one who designed the dominos, the one who sets up the dominos, and then the one who flicks the first domino that creates the chain reaction... that you set in place would make your supposition a possibility (if this presence knew all deviations of possibility from that initial creation, setup, then flick).

However imagine this, if we are one in the same with the one who made all these pieces, that set everything in motion; would we then be the true embodiment of free-will?

Via this thought process, it was our choice, our free-will.

capcha: called itodop
>>
>>14968467
If we are one with it, then it's will would also be our will. we'd be a part of the only being that has true free will. we wouldnt be individuals with free wills of our own.
>>
>>14968611
Humm, make of it what you will, that is free-will.
>>
>>14968693
i guess so but it doesnt sound like an enticing scenario.
>>
>>14966009
There's a time for suicide, notably when a person is in constant, tremendous, incurable pain or when they're similarly massively crippled, etc.

However, while meaning no disrespect, I tend to consider the practice among the otherwise healthy to be dumb. It's impatient and unimaginative.

For instance, some describe the boredom, tedium, etc. of existence. There are too many options for any sane, intelligent person to claim that there's nothing they can do to shake things up. And as an added bonus, many of the things you can do are potentially lethal. Don't commit suicide. Go base jumping. If you screw up and die, you got the same end result. If you don't, you might find something that inspires you. Perform an armed robbery on a bank. Go try to beat a tiger in hand to hand combat. Simply committing suicide in these instances, to me, shows a lack of imagination or character.

And then there's the more compelling point that you are going to die. A truism about most, if not all, people that have ever existed is that they will spend far more time dead than they ever did alive. You have all eternity to be dead. Are you really so impatient that you can't sit out another few decades of life until you die naturally? What's the fucking rush? In this regard I wouldn't call people cowards, but I might call them pussies.

Is life really so terrible? And if it is, you can't stick it out for the brief flash of time before you die? You will get your wish, inevitably! Moreso than any other wish, those people wanting to die will live to see it come true. Rushing the job seems beyond pointless.
>>
>>14968857
depression is pain. seriously. real actual depression is bad news. it kill you by making your brain kill itself.

Gnarly shit. some people do in fact have tedium or just boredom or such as reasons (whiny teens and such) but once you're older most suicides are simply escaping from pain, and depression as an adult counts as real pain.
>>
>>14968857
i like to play a game and i call it the splendid game, heres how it works:

i open every thread on the /x/ board on 4chan and wait for you to reply and when i do i say Xeno! (like jenga or uno) and i reply to you and thats how you play the splendid game.

what a coincidence that youd be in this particular thread xeno
>>
>>14968904
I'm well versed in dealing with the clinically depressed and while I have come to recognize the lack of animus or motive it can cast upon them, I also note that very few of them actually make the bid for suicide. Genuinely suicidal tendencies tend to be an extra aspect of psychology, not merely part and parcel to depression and, frankly, my argument still stands. Just because a person is depressed doesn't mean that they can't also be genuinely lazy, stupid and unimaginative and just killing yourself instead of trying to test a potentially lethal alternative to search for relevance in your life? Stupid. So you can be depressed and smart, or depressed and stupid. The latter are the ones who just suicide.

When I'm talking crippling pain, I mean actual crippling pain. For instance, I knew a woman who had a serious brain tumor. At the end, she couldn't move, she couldn't speak, she could barely communicate, she was in insane amounts of pain that could not in any way be treated or dulled. Her asking someone to end her life, which is to say committing suicide, makes sense. She has no other real options, at all. That's not the case for depression.
>>
Consider the following.

Earth is hell.
No demons and endless flames just living on earth is living in hell. Because you didn't pass your "test" on earth you are send back there and depending on your behaviour in your past lives your next life is either really enjoyable or absolutely horrifying.
Now let us assume that's reality.
If people knew about this (getting send back on earth without the endlessly getting tortured part) people start messing around on earth a lot more without facing real repercussions and they do it over and over again.

Kill, rape, steal and at the end just do an hero and face another life WITH the same knowledge.
>>
>>14968934
This didn't make any sense to me at all.
>>
>>14968934
i wont consider anything that Xeno dismisses.

leave.

now.
>>
>>14968910
bazooper
>>
>>14968930
oh you don't mean "crippling pain". You mean "physical pain is the only actual pain". If that's your basis, sure whatever yo
>>
>>14968971
Apparently you don't know what the word crippling means, even though I explained it quite distinctly. No, I know intimately over a dozen people prescribed drugs for dealing with chemical depression. I am associated more generally with considerably more. They can all walk, talk, vacation, drive cars, play with pets, etc. They're not crippled. The word fucking means something.

So you're an idiot. Fuck off.
>>
>>14968930
I definitely agree Xeno, well made points.

>>14968934
I see where you are coming from... but it is all perspective in what you are suggestion.
It can be heaven on earth, or hell on earth.

However, I am not saying I agree with your hasty presumptions.
>>
>>14968971
No I merely meant for you to consider the possibility that depression was a mental congruence developed by the crippled farmer living in the mind. The unreal is only as real as the LCD screens embedded in our fearheads deceive us into believing. Do not be deceived because everyone is capable of extinguishing the fire of untruth.
>>
>>14968947
Okay, to put it more clearly.

Suicide is considered "bad" in most religion, isn't it?
So if people get told suicide is bad because they face "hell with demons torturing them" they don't want to do it but if you already living in "hell" you don't have to fear anything. You could just kill yourself and enjoy your next life.
Another point is actually knowing about your past lives.

If you have the knowledge of getting away with murder and/or other things through suicide, not facing "hell" in a religious kind of way, would you do it?
>>
>>14968985
I have worked with people who suffer from non-conditional, actual depression. If they can vacation, play, enjoy life...that's not the kind of crippling pain I mean. I'm talking catatonic, can't go outside, cachexia and muscular atrophy, bundled with nervous disorders from extrapyramidal syndrome and such from the drugs that failed to treat the depression.

people with resistant depression get shock therapy as a last attempt at treatment. If you're going on fucking vacations...you're not at the point I'm talking about. I'm talking about
>crippling pain
>with a physical, chemical cause

not some dickwad who isn't motivated or whose auntie died and isn't over it yet.
>>
>>14969019
Ah, now you're belittling people with genuine clinical depression because they aren't crippled by it.

Genuine catatonia is a condition psychologically distinct from anything described as clinical depression. That is a fundamentally distinct condition and it also prevents one from actively committing suicide.
>>
>>14969036
your word, "crippling". depression that can be controlled by medications taken in the course of daily life is not "crippling pain".

Catatonia is not always a permanent condition, it's a symptom of other conditions as well (originally it was seen as a hallmark of schizophrenia). You have not worked in a medical setting. Your friends who currently take medication are your friends because they're not crippled by their condition, and still have quality of life.
>>
Your life is your own to take. Since it is kind of dick move financially and emotionally, the people around you should also be allowed the option to let you rot.

Sure is a boring way to go though.
>>
>>14969064
>You mean "physical pain is the only actual pain".
No, you're backtracking. Here's what you said :

>>14968971
>oh you don't mean "crippling pain". You mean "physical pain is the only actual pain".
And you're wrong. I didn't mean that, I didn't say that. If you find someone who is suffering psychological catatonia then that's crippling. However, clinical depression is real, it's a significant issue, but it is not in and of itself typically crippling. When I said that, your stupid ass responded with this
>>14968971
>You mean "physical pain is the only actual pain".
Then you tried to sneer at people who suffer from genuine clinical depression, you misdefined the nature of catatonia, then you tried to claim I didn't know what I was talking about.
So fuck you.
>>
>>14969092
tripfags. never change.
>>
>>14966793
Damnation proportional to the suffering he has caused is sufficient, then he shall be let into Heavin.
>>
>>14966009
No, it's wishful thinking. But some people are too fucked up to come back, so take your pick.
>>
>>14969115
Yes, live by his word and you will know the glory of his "heavinly" kingdom.

Ramen.
>>
>>14969162
Aww fuck my tits
>>
>>14969177
Your tits smell awful.

Go away.
>>
>>14968857
Stop EVERYTHING.
...hand to paw* combat.
Not hand to hand.
>>
>>14969214
I knew,,,I KNEW in my HEART OF HEARTS

that someone would call me out for that...and i did it anyway?
>>
>>14969214
hand to CLAW*

Everything you know is wrong.
>>
>>14969266
DEAR SIR/MADAM.

I understand that you got caught up with everyone correcting everybody else and you wanted to join in, and your moment will come! however, this is not that moment.

You see, the error in question was a failure to represent the tiger with a body part analogous to the hand of a human. For a tiger that is the paw. The claw would be analogous to the fingernail.
>>
>>14969281
This is a compelling point..
>>
>rebellion against god?
In the Christian mindset it is. Even though Jesus basically committed suicide.

In many other religions it's seen as honorable if you do it for good reason. But in 9 out of 10 religions/cultures, its seen as cowardly if you kill yourself just because life gets a little hard.
>>
>>14969292
>Jesus died for our sins
>He took that fine for us as a get out of jail fre card
>people like this
>HURRR CHRISTFAGS JEBUS COMMITTED SUDOKU
>>
>>14966947
> Christians facing unprecedented modern-day prosecution in early 21st century

Couldn't read past that, as that is a massive load of shit.
I probably should, though. How a believer can contemplate suicide makes me curious.
>>
>>14969281
cat's claws are more analogous to the tip of the finger than just the fingernail. It's still a good point though.
>>
>>14969281

I concede this point.

Continue.
>>
>>14969315
6 people committed suicide in the bible bro. Arguably 7 if we take into account Jesus let himself be killed. Martyrdom is still suicide.
Suicide CAN be used for a great purpose. I never said it was always a bad thing.

Plenty of other Jesus like figures have died for their people.
>>
>>14966009
no, not because an entity or afterlife exists but because if you commit suicide, you'll repeat the day you commited suicide from the moment you wake up over and over again. in physics, there's no reason why we experience time linearly and if consciousness is a product of the interactions between matter(neurons) then this is the most likely scenario.
>>
>>14969327
This seems like a good time to point out that declawing a cat is very mean and you should not do it. What is removed when a cat is 'declawed' is actually far more than the claw itself and includes bones and stuff. Bad.

Discussing suicide is difficult because becoming qualified to discuss it is not as easy as becoming qualified to discuss coke vs pepsi. You can try both of them and then report back on the taste, as long as you don't swallow the coke.

Suppose I say that I have had the desire to kill myself. And by the authority of that experience I state my opinion. How the hell do I know anything? I never did it, while many people have done so, therefore how can I say that my opinion is based on a real experience?
>>
>>14969357
>lumping in Jesus with mankind
oh u
>>
>>14969323
>can't think outside of murrica merican
>>
>>14969439
Say you don't kill yourself and get your dick ripped off by rabid dogs the next day and bleed to death while everyone gawks and takes pictures of your now mangled genitalia instead of calling for an ambulance.
>>
>>14969453
Well he was human.
>>
>>14969475
no, he took the form of a human. he was in fact more similar to an god.
>>
>>14969475
And God.

It wasn't martrydom for Jesus. He didn't die for His 'religion'. He died to save us, anyone who comes to the Father through Him. Though, I see how someone who doesn't understand something so simple, and deny Him could see it that way, I guess. Good day, madame.
>>
>>14969487
>an god.

But, he said he was not god (then said he was).
There were also many figures like him in myths older than Christianity, or Judaism.
>>
>>14969466
my comment was only an educated guess on what is currenly known about consciousness, cognitive neuroscience, and the myriad of religious thought about the afterlife. personally, i believe that's it's impossible to know what happens after death because with near death experiences, there's a brain to come back to and there's a small chance that what is experienced is merely a plaything of the brain, and to truly experience death, there has to be total destruction of the brain, and there's no way for someone to tell us what happens after death if that happens
>>
>>14966009
This thread is still alive? Fucking kill it.
>>
>>14969462
Funny thing is, I'm not American, nor am I living in America.
>>
>>14969524
quality
>>
>>14970001
Although his first post was fallacious in it's argument, but then he's using physics to explain what happens to consciousness in the afterlife.
>>
>>14967964
my being omniscient has nothing to do with it. God either knows all or he doesn't. If he does know everything and is powerful enough to manipulate every single factor of our creation, then our "free will" would be a set of choices where the answers have already been predetermined based on the way you were created. therefore you would not be truly free but rather on a set of tracks following a path that was decided for you.

sorry i missed this last night.
>>
I heard there's a spirit hospital you end up in.
>>
>>14971753
Tempted to kill myself, I hate reality. I'll give it a few months.
>>
>>14966224
Let's here your logic for not committing suicide.
>>
>>14966236
Everybody is terminal.
>>
File: 1384758703474.jpg (101KB, 695x530px) Image search: [Google]
1384758703474.jpg
101KB, 695x530px
>>14966009
It is not against God except for the reason that it is a human weakness, it is dislikeable. That is the truth of it, hoping for philosophy to help rectify it any other way is not really going to work. Though you might think it does.
Pic might be related.
>>
>>14969281
You err however in that man uses his hands(generally as fists) in combat while the tiger would be more likely to use it's claws and teeth. Instead of simply looking for analogous body parts, it would be better to actually use the parts most relevant to the combat. The tiger probably wouldn't use merely it's paw to strike the human and so "hand to paw combat" would be a faulty description.
>>
>>14972649
> here
>>
>>14973203
truly you are wise.
>>
>>14969559
It will kill itself probably
>>
sucide can be cool.
dying for something you believe in too.
>>
I'm only posting this so at least someone knows, but I'm giving up tonight.

You guys here on /x/, the sc/out/s and the fags of /mlp/ have been the best friends a guy could ask for. I wish you all nothing but the best in your lives. I'm just sorry I never met any of you in person.

See you faggots on the other side
>>
>>14973932
And another one bites the dust.
My captcha said rip in pieces
>>
>>14966122
yet we don't remember shit about the other times
>>
>>14966407
Peace when the others are gone you mean! Islam says non-muslims are not human and this leads to all sorts of unpeaceful behaviour!
>>
>>14966049
Actually Jesus took the fall for our sins :p he gave his life for ours. There's a rtbrunn discular msclock
>>
>>14966049
He asked God if there was any other way it could be done. But if there wasn't he would do it. He didn't want to. But he loved us enough to let it happen. Sacrifice is not suicide. Suicide is pretty much pointless. No good for others comes out of it. Sacrifice is entirely for others.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.