[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC issues, help appreciated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I built a new PC a couple weeks back, and from the start I could not get it to POST. The lights on the motherboard would come on and all fans would spin up, but I would get HDMI no signal no matter how long I waited. Tried only one RAM stick, multiple kinds of RAM, and multiple different graphics cards (all of which were known to work) all with the same results. I tried breadboarding and everything. The board is an MSI B350M Mortar Arctic. Convinced the board was DOA, I returned it for another one, but the new one returned the same results. I'm not sure where else to look with this, I know my PSU is good, the board doesn't seem to be the issue, and neither is the GPU or RAM is faulty. Is the CPU the culprit? It's the R7 1700.
>>
>>373042
I'm having similar issues OP, the CPU being faulty is a definite possibility. I'm going to have my computer checked soon to see if it is the case.
>>
>>373042
I'm gonna say the obvious stuff first, Make sure you tried to boot from different flashdrives and from different ports, often times USB 3 doesn't work without drivers installed. I've had several windows installer flashdrives fail on me.

It's very rare CPUs are faulty, but it's possible, if you know everything thing else is good and tried the basics like moving and swapping ram sticks, tried different cards and PSUs and RMAed the mobo, it seems like it all points to the CPU, But Usually the fans wouldn't continue to spin in that situation, have you tried different monitor or a different port on the graphics card? Make sure the monitor is set to the right input.

Also maybe try posting this in the PC building general on /g/ >>>/g/pcbg more people are likely to see it and try to help.
>>
>>373042
Im assuming since you are on 4chan youre retarded so:

Do you have a discreet graphics card? If you have a gpu you need to make sure you are plugged into the hdmi port on the back of the gpu, not the motherboard. If this still does not resolve the issue, remove the gpu and then plug into the motherboard, assuming you have onboard graphics.
>>
>>373198
>Do you have a discreet graphics card?
If you look at OP, you'll see that the graphics card is very ostentatious.
>>
OP: Did you try without a graphics card at all?
>>
>>373218
>>373198
Ryzen Chips don't have iGPUs, they don't support integrated graphics. You need a discrete / physical graphics card.
>>
OP here. Considering I'm still in the return period for the CPU I'm going to go ahead and get a replacement for it. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'm honestly not sure what else it could be. After going through multiple power supplies, graphics cards, and RAM kits with the same results, the CPU pretty much has to be responsible in my opinion.
>>
I don't want to sound like a retard but why aren't there any screws holding the mobo down?
>>
>>373042
The CPU is likely the issue, but is not necessarily the 'culprit' from the start. The original motherboard might have a bad VRM and fried the CPU with it. Usually, you don't get a bad CPU out of the box. Nevertheless, even if this is true, you are still likely able to RMA the CPU.
Similar things happened to my MSI Z77 MPower which fried an (non-OCable) i7 after ~3 years of moderate usage, and subsequently another i3 I popped into it. However, the bad motherboard will only power on for a brief second before turning off. I subsequently tested both CPUs in a basic Asus motherboard and both are dead, but the system does power on and the fans were spinning. I presume the failure is due to the poor quality DrMOS used in the VRMs, which newer MSI motherboards tend to avoid.
>>373198
Is that a Zotac PCIe Wireless card? I pretty much think so!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.