[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mkv conversion BS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: my_file_mkv[2].png (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
my_file_mkv[2].png
31KB, 256x256px
So I've got a problem. My internet service goes out tomorrow. Knowing this, I torrented 460GB worth of movies and animie series to watch. Most of em play fine but some of the .mkv files are laggy in VLC and won't play at all when I plug my external hard drive into my TV. The TV is just a low-end non-smart Samsung that usually has no problem playing most video files. I know this is a common issue and that the culprit is the audio encoding or something but I cannot seem to find a program that will let me keep the quality of the video and re-encode the audio so it doesn't spaz out on me.

tl;dr what program will let me re-encode .mkv files to play on Samsung TVs

I'm a NEET obviously so I can't afford to pay for one of those programs that claims to do it all. This is pathetic, I know, but I'll drive to a nearby wifi hotspot with my laptop tomorrow to check this thread and hopefully download a program that will work.
>>
File: 1485911443318.jpg (82KB, 754x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485911443318.jpg
82KB, 754x533px
probably the ones that don't play are h264 hi-10 flac encoded. you're going to have to reencode them. handbrake is the most common one to do that. i use this program.
>>
Avidemux could probably do this and it's pretty lightweigh
>>
ask on
>>>/g/sqt
>>
Use HandBrake, it's the best mkv converter by far, letting you keep subtitles and everything in tact. It's also free.
>>
>>259909
>VLC

of course you tried a better media player like MPC already...
>>
>>259909
Potplayer
>>
>>259909
It's not going to be "audio encoding or something", it's going to be that the TV uses a software decoder (to save money), the h.264 profile is too high for its CPU, and it's choking on playing it just like a shitty PC would.

As >>259910 and >>260313 say, use Handbrake. Its UI is shit and it's shit for scripting, but it makes it incredibly straightforward to produce an actually compliant mp4 file. You just click on the preset for the standard you're targeting, and that's it. Just member that if you want subtitles, you need to go to the subtitles tab and add them.
>>
>not using Freemake Video Converter
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.