[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please sum up what is going to happen to 4chan? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1474234688013.jpg (78KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
1474234688013.jpg
78KB, 1080x810px
Can someone please sum up what is going to happen to 4chan? I only know Mook keeps saying it's going to die. I'm so scared and confused guys (but also too lazy to read about it myself). For those interested here's the thread.
>>>/qa/
>>
>>212218
Sorry, here is the thread

>>>/qa/792663
>>
4chan doesn't turn a profit
>>
>>212221
Yeah, but is he going to like shut it down or just ad adds?
>>
File: new grorious reader.jpg (1MB, 1432x3500px) Image search: [Google]
new grorious reader.jpg
1MB, 1432x3500px
Basically he got it as it was under moot, and moot said it should support itself nicely (not turn a profit, just keep itself alive), then something happens and j-list drops support and after a single year 4chan is literally dying. Apparently RIGHT at the same moment we suddenly have much more traffic on the site, even though nothing big like the fappening or dox raids or even big releases for the large interest boards are happening. Well, maybe except the election, but it's been happening for the last 4 months or so, so I don't think this one smells right.

And now we got those bullshit passes powers and malware ads on the site that HIRO accepted, no alternatives were seemingly even considered despite this incredible increase in traffic. Also hiro sits on /qa/ all day and cries about how hard it is to keep 4chan alive, but cannot bring himself to answer ANY question about how much does it actually cost because apparently 4chan gets BETTER DEALS than others and if hiro shows the numbers that goes away(>>>/qa/792709). By the way, hiro got some offers to sell the site, apparently Notch was one of the buyers, but all were refused.

Actually seems kinda maybe plausible but hiro really isn't making a good job at appearing trustworthy right now. Problem is that he refuses to directly answer questions and won't set clear directions and goals for himself and 4chan future, so people keep being confused and distrusting. Remember there's a bunch of lawsuits against him and all that datamining business in japan.
He *could* be just lying to get us to cough up some coins though. Or we could be in real deep shit. You decide if you want to panic.

Predictions:
A. Nobody likes hiro anymore, 4chan dies
B. hiro an hiros and a new grorious reader leads us to brighter future
C. Bunch of boards get deleted
D. hiro stops acting retarded and gets us some civilized ads again (most likely imo)
E. 4chan closes for a few months and opens up again after this mysterious interest in it drops down
>>
File: 1475188368736.jpg (358KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475188368736.jpg
358KB, 1080x1920px
>>212298
Thanks for the response m8. Actually I'm not too concerned now, as long as my adblock works. All this will change is to get rid of users who don't have adblock, i.e. morons.
>>
File: 1477402247844.gif (105KB, 232x297px) Image search: [Google]
1477402247844.gif
105KB, 232x297px
It is also important to note that Notch, the creator of minecraft, offered to donate "seven digits" should donating be made an option again, which it has been. So either Notch, someone with a history as a user of this site and has enough money to piss away that he your bid Beyonce on a mansion, has backed down on his word, or Hiro, a man notorious as a con artist and scammer in Japan who milked 2ch to death, is lying to get people to buy more passes.
>>
>>212312
out bid, not your bid
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.