[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-New World Order.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7616.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7616.gif
2MB, 500x400px
N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-New World Order.
>>
BASED
>>
GO GET'EM HULKSTER
>>
>>4239114
Hulk Hogan is the worst member of the nWo and is a cancer to the wrestling industry.
>>
>>4239907
No, the real cancers were Benoit and Guerrero.
>>
>>4239932
Guerrero was a legend. Benoit was a murderous suicidal psycho.
>>
>>4239975
They were both midgets who didn't draw a dime.
>>
>>4239980
Wrong! They were both instrumental to WCW's death. Jumping ship to the WWF was a sign that WCW's days were numbered. nWo's finger poke of doom didn't help matters. The fact that the nWo was constantly screwing over younger talent like Guerrero & Jericho, was one of the few reasons why WCW was starting to crumble because those younger talents left WCW to become bigger stars in the WWF.
>>
>>4239114
quads
>>
>>4239998
>two no namers jumping ship was a sign of wcw's doom
>implying this hadn't happened with bigger names several times

I get it, you like heart explosion and the eternal company man jericho. WCW's issues were way more complicated than old talent not putting over new. Fuck most of them did the job for goldberg anyway.
>>
>>4239998
This is so wrong
>Jumping ship to the WWF was a sign that WCW's days were numbered.
Not at all, if WCW's days were numbered it was long before that, but they went on for more than a year after those midgets ran to New York, so clearly it wasn't because they left. If anything, them leaving helped WCW because it freed up a lot of wasted cash.
>nWo's finger poke of doom didn't help matters.
That was a whole year before the midgets left and ratings were actually up after it happened.
>The fact that the nWo was constantly screwing over younger talent like Guerrero & Jericho
By giving them TV time and title belts? Yeah, they sure screwed them over. Do you really think Jericho or Guerrero could main event a show against Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, or Luger? Fuck no they couldn't, because nobody would pay to see that shit.
>WCW was starting to crumble because those younger talents left WCW to become bigger stars in the WWF
No, they crumbled because of mis-management of funds, restrictions from their network, and the buyout of Turner.

What I'm getting from you is a bunch of revisionist WWE "history". I'm surprised you didn't mention DX going to Norfolk.
>>
>>4240015
hi wolfcuck. show them the ratings proof.
>>
>>4239980
>le never drew a dime meme
Back to /asp/ with you, pinhead.
>>
>>4239998
hey maffew
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>4240000
witnessed
>>
>>4239114
> how to have a wrestling thread in /vr
>>
>>4239114
I don't get it, why is the ring empty?
>>
>>4240006
Jericho and Guerrero weren't "no namers". Fans popped for Jericho and fans definitely popped for Guerrero(along with Benoit, Saturn and Milenko of course). Even Big Show's jump to the WWF was a big blow to WCW. But you're right about one thing, WCW did have more issues than just screwing over younger talent & yes most of them did job to Goldberg too.

>>4240015
>This is so wrong.
Nope. I'm 100% right.

>Not at all, if WCW's days were numbered it was long before that, but they went on for more than a year after those midgets ran to New York, so clearly it wasn't because they left. If anything, them leaving helped WCW because it freed up a lot of wasted cash.
Nope. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Jericho was so over with the fans, that they both ended up being main eventers, winning the WWF/E title. WCW on the other hand was being ruined by backstage politics of the nWo. Having Vince Russo on board to manage WCW made things a lot worse, to the point where David Arquette because WCW champion. So were things better? Fuck no. LOL

>By giving them TV time and title belts? Yeah, they sure screwed them over. Do you really think Jericho or Guerrero could main event a show against Hogan, Nash, Goldberg, or Luger? Fuck no they couldn't, because nobody would pay to see that shit.
You're delusional if you think that. Jericho & Guerrero proved themselves to be main eventers in the WWE.

>No, they crumbled because of mis-management of funds, restrictions from their network, and the buyout of Turner.
Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better. Fact is them leaving was when WCW took a huge hit.

>What I'm getting from you is a bunch of revisionist WWE "history". I'm surprised you didn't mention DX going to Norfolk.
Says the idiot who is "revisioning" the reasons why WCW crumbled. Also had DX actually been allowed to appear on WCW Nitro, ratings would have hit the roof for WCW. It's a missed opportunity on their part.

>>4240102
Maffew?
>>
File: akiman.jpg (10KB, 331x356px) Image search: [Google]
akiman.jpg
10KB, 331x356px
>>4239907
Jesus, really? Worse than Big Bubba or David Flair?
>>
>>4240565
Guerroro was never super popular with the normie fans. He was like a ty dillenger. Great wrestler but for one reason or another lacked that special something that the true main eventers have.
>>
>>4240804
Hulk Hogan was a backstage politician. He hogged the spotlight. He had creative control over his character. The one thing Vince Russo did right was fire his sorry ass. Big Bubba and David Flair aren't even on Hulk Hogan's level of cancer, because they're just little fish in a big pond.

>>4240872
Or maybe WCW just didn't know how to use him & didn't see what money could have been made with the LWO. All that changed when he joined the WWF and went on to become a main eventer and a WWE champion. Fans loved him. Ty Dillenger is nowhere near as great as Eddie Guerrero. Ty Dillenger doesn't even belong in the WWE.
>>
>>4239114
>what?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XnUHAX5-o
>>
One thing I wished for was the themes for the wrestlers like in WWF Wrestlemania 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdfzHhMGsk
>>
>>4240565
>Eddie Guerrero & Chris Jericho was so over with the fans
You mean internet smart marks?
>that they both ended up being main eventers, winning the WWF/E title
While ratings continued to drop.
>WCW on the other hand was being ruined by backstage politics of the nWo.
No, more like politics at Turner.
>Having Vince Russo on board to manage WCW made things a lot worse, to the point where David Arquette because WCW champion. So were things better? Fuck no. LOL
Ratings improved for the Arquette stroyline, so I don't know what you mean.
>You're delusional if you think that. Jericho & Guerrero proved themselves to be main eventers in the WWE.
So you just have to get ratings to drop to prove yourself?
>Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better. Fact is them leaving was when WCW took a huge hit.
No, the midgets did not keep eyes on Nitro, everyone knows this. They were anti-draws.
>>
>Akiman and THQMan will never be in another WWE game
Why live?!
>>
Why isn't there a retro wrestling board?
Talking about classics like Great Gama, Rikidōzan or Bruno Sammartino on /asp/ is futile.
>>
>>4241519
>Bruno Sammartino
Never drew a dime outside of New York. A regional champion who couldn't wrestle worth a shit. Verne Gagne or Lou Thesz were both more popular and could tie Bruno in knots. Danny Hodge would do the same,
>>
>>4241534
He was big in Japan.
>>
>>4241550
Not really, he didn't draw shit there, he just got a rub.
>>
>>4241534
im not one of the anons you are replying to but alright smugface mcasshole whose your favorite wrestler then?
>>
Anyone play the No Mercy mods that add current rosters and different federations? Are they worth checking out or is the game too dated?
>>
>>4241945
Danny Hodge.
>>
https://youtu.be/1wmGcDqAgH0
S-s-sir, i have a pretty good drop toe hold.
Manlets forever BTFO
>>
I bought an NWO shirt the other day and it arrived and the shirt material is awful.

Darn ruined my whole day
>>
File: 1504561877245.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1504561877245.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>4239907
>Getting worked this hard

Hulkster working you into a shoot brother
>>
File: AJPW King's Soul.webm (3MB, 416x308px) Image search: [Google]
AJPW King's Soul.webm
3MB, 416x308px
>>4239114
I never played the N64 wrestling titles, since my first Nintendo console was a game cube. People say good things especially about the AKI games. But on the cube I played Day of Reckoning, that some compare to the AKI games somehow... but DoR I didn't like that much. Best 6th generation wrestling title would be King of Colossum II for me... but since this isn't considered retro...

IMO the best wrestling game of the 5th console era wasn't one of the AKI games, but rather (as always one of the Human Entertainment games) AJPW: King's soul.
>>
>>4241468
>Internet Smart Marks
Those guys didn't start hijacking shows until Daniel Bryan came along and lost the 2015 Royal Rumble.

>While ratings continued to drop
That didn't start happening until after the divas stop posing for Playboy, when WWE decided to go full PG.

>Politics at Turner.
Not true. Hulk Hogan is a backstage politician and this has been well documented.

>Ratings improved for the Arquette storyline
You're delusional. WCW's ratings continued to plummet.

>get ratings to drop to prove yourself?
Are you retarded? When Big Show, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn, Dean Milenko, Chris Benoit all jumped ship to the WWE, ratings continued to go higher for the WWE.

>They were the anti-draws.
Keep telling yourself that lie. Fans popped when they saw Jericho debut on Raw.

>>4241514
You can create them.

>>4242209
Not "worked". I'm just speaking the truth. No one liked him, not even the majority of the nWo fanboys. He was just another old relic who should have retired in 1992. That man must have been in his 50's wrestling in the mid 90's. No one wants to see a senior citizen wrestle.
>>
>>4242420
Then you never watched ECW because the internet was the only thing they catered to.

WWE went pg far later than you realize. And nitro was a PG program and had good ratings. In fact, wcw 2000's ratings are better than raw's ratings today.

Yeah Hogan was a backstage politician, but again, is only one small part of the wcw death. Besides a little known fact is that brett heart also had creative control in all of his contracts. Hulk just knew what good business was for Hulk. Gets shit on for it too much. Even Austin had his diva moments, again something that gets glossed over.

And the fact that flair was still going into the evolution days proves it really doesn't matter how old you are, if you can play a role you have value.
>>
>>4242446
I have watched ECW and it wasn't the internet that made them popular, since not a lot of people owned a PC at the time. They catered more to the edgy fans who listen to heavy metal/rock music.

WCW had 2.0 ratings, so obviously they are going to beat WWE's ratings of today since Raw has been a shit show due to the unnecessary changes catering to Smarks. As for WWE going PG far later, it happened during the time Linda McMahon was running for Senate and that's when they stopped having Divas pose for Playboy. Yet it still pulled better ratings than WCW at the time, at least before CM Punk left.

Small part? No. Hulk Hogan was a big part of WCW's death. Finger poke of doom, screwing over younger talent, creative control clause in his contract. He was definitely cancer to WCW.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.