[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, this is kind of a dumb question, but... We all know Poison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 42

Okay, this is kind of a dumb question, but...

We all know Poison is a trans girl, but what about Roxy? Is she trans or cis?
>>
>>4190823
Something about avoiding problems in the US caused the sex change to trans, but IIRC even the creator said it's a she
>>
>>4190828
>Something about avoiding problems in the US caused the sex change to trans

The creator obviously has some weird hangups about trans people, but she's trans. The earliest known concept art for Roxy/Poison identifies them as "newhalf."
>>
File: P1109220031.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
P1109220031.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
Depends on the source.
>>
>>4190828
yeah yeah and Doki Doki Panic wasn't originally a Mario game, but who cares? 99% of people playing a video game don't care about author intent, Death of the Author is in full effect here.
>>
Roxy was always a girl. She goes along Poison's antics because she looks up to her.
>>
File: Cjmy4PmUYAA6Tdt.jpg orig.jpg (50KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
Cjmy4PmUYAA6Tdt.jpg orig.jpg
50KB, 600x469px
>>
File: final_fight_1_conceptaibh1.jpg (26KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
final_fight_1_conceptaibh1.jpg
26KB, 640x486px
>>4190823
They both are.

An important detail that often gets overlooked, is that originally Roxy was the base character and Poison is the recolor.
>>
File: RdOOh.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
RdOOh.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>
>>4190828
>IIRC even the creator said it's a she
What does this mean? Cis women and trans women are both referred to as "she" in English. Does Japanese even have gendered pronouns?
>>
File: poisonjpuys.jpg (240KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
poisonjpuys.jpg
240KB, 768x1024px
>>4190831
>>4190848
There is no real evidence that the concept art is the very very first original one.
The creators have nothing against trans people (or else they wouldn't have thought about making Poison a trans for the US release).
But their stances on the matter is that Poison was originally designed as a girl, and they consider her to be a girl. Nishitani strictly made it clear that the only reason Poison was referred to as a newhalf was to avoid issues with US lawyers, but he considers Poison to be a woman, period.
Akiman is more flexible, he says Poison US version is a newhalf, while japanese Posion is a real girl.
So if you're upset about Nishitani's view as a creator, just stick to Akiman's view and play the US version of FF.
>>
>>4190853
Woman = DNA XX
Newhalf = DNA XY
>>
File: nishitani-poison2.png (72KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
nishitani-poison2.png
72KB, 590x800px
>>4190823
Character was always female.

>>4190831
>>4190848
False. That's a sketch for the Japanese SNES instruction manual.
>>
>>4190853
Japan doesn't put "identity politics" over actual science. If you have two X chromosomes you're a female. Otherwise you're a male.
>>
>>4190823
I think you misclicked the board when you posted this
>>>/v/
>>
She's whatever you want her to be, because she's a fictional character and her T status has literally zero relevance in the game's plot. How many times are we going to have this thread?
>>
>>4190853
>she
>What does this mean?
Your'e so far gone, it's just a question of time til you follow suit and go trans
>>
>>4190897
Finally, you used to say "no she's a trans REEEEEE!!!"

Exactly, she can be whatever, but the truth is that Poison was originally designed as a woman, and the trans thing came later.
>>
She's a girl cuz I fapped to the doujin where she fucked a kid and recorded and sold it
>>
File: 1446105269619.jpg (327KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446105269619.jpg
327KB, 836x1200px
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11054994
>>
>>4190904
>you used to say "no she's a trans REEEEEE!!!"
Yeah, I've really mellowed out since I switched from spiro to cypro.
>>
>>4190897
>How many times are we going to have this thread?

implying you don't constantly remake this thread every other week just so you can talk about tranny shit.
>>
>>4190926
>spiro

Spiro as in breathing in latin?
>>
>>4190940
What? No. I only breathe in English.
>>
>>4190948
dum spiro spero
>>
Her gender is Schrodinger.
>>
>>4190906
Well she's a tranny because I fapped to the doujin where she fucks shota Ryu and Ken
>>
>>4190823
They've always been female to me and my fap folder
>>
>>4190831
What are you sources on that? And /LGBT/ is that way ----->
>>
So, in summary:

According to basically all the printed materials, they are newhalfs.
According to some random Japanese guy in an office somewhere, they are cis women.

I don't know, I think I'm gonna go with newhalf.
>>
>>4191610
>printed materials
Such as this?: >>4190857
Also
>Character creator
>random guy

Just stop being angry because the creators designed her as a woman. You can still opt to play the US version of Final Fight where she's a canon newhalf.
>>
>>4191660
>the creators designed her as a woman
And yet every printed instruction manual and official strategy guide identifies her as a newhalf, so it's obvious that the creators' opinion doesn't have much weight in the corporate hierarchy. Officially, Poison is a newhalf. If the creator doesn't like it, then I don't know, maybe he should grow a spine.
>>
>>4190868
>False. That's a sketch for the Japanese SNES instruction manual.
The SFC uses different art.
>>
>>4191660
>>Character creator
>>random guy
Well, yeah. Time for a harsh truth: Artists are grunts. Peons. They are nothing and nobody. Producers and other executives are the people whose opinions actually matter. Whoever has the biggest paycheck makes the rules.
>>
>>4191746
But Akiman, on an officially printed Capcom art book, declared that he designed Poison as a woman, and that regarding the controversy of her gender, he considers only the US version of Poison to be transexual.
Official book, actual creator, I think it doesn't get more official than that.
Just get content with the fact Akiman is flexible enough to consider US Poison a tranny.
>>4191759
I think that one came from a Capcom design artbook, not sure if it was for the arcade or the console game, but there's no way to know if that design is actually the very first original Poison draft. In fact, judging from what both Akiman and Nishitani declared, it probably isn't. Or maybe the "newhalf" text was added later.
>>
>>4191769
Well, find me a quote by Capcom's president in the 80s saying he thinks Poison is a newhalf.
Until then, I'll stick to Nishitani and Akiman's words.
>>
>As Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono explained, "Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female."

Yoshinori Ono is a producer at Capcom, not some "literally who" artist.
>>
>>4191778
>Yoshinori Ono
Whom never worked on Final Fight.
>>
>>4191778
It would be a valid point if Ono was a producer for FF.
As it stands, he is a literal nobody because I don't think he was even a Capcom employee in the 80s.
Also your view about "artist's opinion doesn't mean shit, it's all about the producers" is a bit too subjective and would often be disregarded as totally wrong.
But when it comes to canon shit like this, the fanbase sperging out is not strange.

What I don't understand is the following:
You have Akiman, who designed Poison, on an officially Capcom published book, saying that you have the option for both: tranny and woman Poison, depending if US or JP.
But no, some of you DEMAND that Poison is a trans in every single version and she MUSN'T be dna XX.
Why is this particular agenda you're pushing? We have something good for everybody, we have options. Why don't you want options? It's kind of a fascist demeanor.
>>
>>4191789

People go excited about Poison because she was a confirmed trans video game character, which is extremely rare, so they resent attempts to retcon it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>4191781
Final Fight is a dead series so that doesn't really matter. Poison is a Street Fighter character now, and Yoshinori Ono is the executive producer for the Street Fighter series, and has full creative control over the character. His opinion is the one that counts in 2017 (in before "n-not retro..." that's not an argument).

Do you ever read superhero comics? This is something that happens all the time in cape comics. It's very rare for a creator to actually own the rights to his character. Sometimes, some new writer will pick up an old character nobody cared about, dust it off and polish it, and completely redefine that character, often to the original creator's chagrin. Like, I'm sure Rob Liefeld hates what's been done to Deadpool, but Rob Liefeld is a hack with no taste so who cares what he thinks. Sandman is another example. Neil Gaiman didn't create Sandman, but he fucking MADE Sandman what it is. Nobody cares about the old Sandman.

Yoshinori Ono didn't create Poison, but he made her what she is. Akiman's Poison was just a walking pair of tits. Ono's Poison is a fully fleshed-out (in more ways than one) character with a backstory and an actual job, relationships with other characters, and a memorable personality. Ono's the reason anyone gives a shit about Poison. It's sad that Akiman got cucked out of his favorite character, but again, that's business.
>>
>>4191807
>People go excited about Poison because she was a confirmed trans video game character
They get excited because theyre 1) gay af or 2)"discovering themselves", which=1

dont believe me, check every poison thread for the faggots that come out of the woodwork for him/her/whatever
>>
>>4191789
>Why is this particular agenda you're pushing?

I'm not pushing any agenda, I'm just explaining that the world doesn't work the way you apparently think it does. Artists are grunts, they don't call shots. Akiman seems to understand this better than you do, since he qualifies his statement with "in my mind" and doesn't try to present his opinions as official facts.

Why are you being so emotional? I'm a "fascist"? I'm pushing an "agenda"? Why are you trying to turn this into a political argument? I smell underage.
>>
>>4191769
Programmers are grunts, not artists. Akiman created the character, the game, designed the game and also co-directed it.
This is like saying Jack Kirby was just a peon.
>>
>>4191827
>This is like saying Jack Kirby was just a peon

Jack Kirby was an American man from the greatest generation, a winner of multiple awards for his art, an alpha male who knew how to assert himself and make himself heard. He's been dead for over 20 years and he still gets constant praise and acknowledgement from his successors.

Akiman is a jap boy from the 80's, a beta male who can't make a statement without qualifying it with "I think", whose successors don't even seem to know who he is, and whose name only ever seems to be brought up in arguments over Poison's gender.

Both of them are artists but let's be honest, the list of similarities is pretty short.
>>
>>4190838
>fuck the original source, I'll make my own interpretation
Then why make this thread if you have your mind set up on your own bullshit? Was it to start an argument?
>>
>>4191825
>"in my mind" and doesn't try to present his opinions as official facts.
Well, he's making as statement as a creator, not as a "random guy". Again, that page is from a published official Capcom book.
>>4191841
Nevermind, you're baiting hard.
>>
>>4190838
>Death of the Author

Oh look, it's you again.
Go to deviantart, tumblr, or whatever place you came from and stay there.
>>
>>4191746
>guides have more weight than the creator of the character
wew
>>
>>4191861
>Well, he's making as statement as a creator, not as a "random guy"
He's stating his opinions as someone who has worked very closely with the character, and I can respect that. He understands that he isn't in a position of authority, and he isn't pretending to be.
>>
>>4191812
Not retro and it is an argument.
>>>/v/
Your example is irrelevant and the rest is emotional hogwash. Sorry your beloved idea started as and always been nothing more than a sexualized pair of tits.
>>
File: vamp_jedah.png (211KB, 540x315px) Image search: [Google]
vamp_jedah.png
211KB, 540x315px
>>4191870
Good to know you're inside Akiman's head.
>>
>>4191870
>someone who has worked very closely with the character
no shit? he's poison's daddy.
>>
>>4191864
The creator of the character has NO weight. He doesn't even work at Capcom anymore, so officially he has no authority over Final Fight or Street Fighter canon.

The real debate here, is corporations' rights. Does a corporation have the right to define and control their intellectual properties? Yes? Then Poison is trans. End of discussion.
>>
>>4191893
Woah anon, you're getting a little bit too corporative.
What the creator has to say is important. This is /vr/, we aren't discussing Capcom in 2017 here.
>>
>>4191890
>no shit? he's poison's daddy
And Poison is an orphan, so I guess there's something fitting about that.

>>4191881
It's not "emotional hogwash", it's copyright law. Akiman doesn't own the character. He doesn't even work for the company that owns the character. His opinions on Poison are about as valid as Don Bluth's opinions on Mickey Mouse.
>>
>>4191893
>anymore
But he worked there when he made the character. Look, I know you're some pansexual transfender polynomial wolfkin who desperately wants a classic transcharacter instead of the ones made now that were made only to appeal and pander. I get it, but that's not the case. Poison was changed for the US release to save a deal od potential controversy that might hurt sales. Do you really want that as the legacy for a transcharacter?
Regardless, she is a woman. No, not trans, a woman. Now you're moving the goalpost by saying Final Fight doesn't count despite being the original debut of the character. You're putting corporate malarkey over the intent of the original creator's artistic work for the sake of feeling vindicated and included over your gender.The men in suits who care more for profit don't get to speak for the artist. You can lie to yourself all you want, but that's the truth.
>>
>>4191909
>>4191893
Maybe you should send your concerns to Capcom, anon. Maybe they're looking for a lawyer to defend Poison's rights as a trans-gender video game character. These evil creators are trying to damage her image.
>>
>>4191909
The emotional hogwash came in where you started saying she has more character and backstory for being trans. That's a fucking opinion you troglodyte. And no one but you cares who owns the character, it's about who made it.
>>
File: Roxy_SFV.jpg (285KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
Roxy_SFV.jpg
285KB, 400x540px
it really doesn't matter for poison, it's going to be dubious forever and capcom doesn't want to confirm anything because it will cause problems whatever they say, so just go with whatever gets you off.
roxy in the most recent stuff has been stated as full woman though.
>>
It's weird how Princess Sevenleaf is the only one in this thread to take a moderate position. Usually she's on fire with the pro-LGBT stuff.
>>
>>4191893
>The real debate here, is corporations' rights. Does a corporation have the right to define and control their intellectual properties? Yes? Then Poison is trans. End of discussion.

okay Mitt Romney
>>
>>4191928
>implying "she" isn't taking off the trip to shitpost
>impyinf this isn't "her" thread
>>
>>4191928
Well no, I do think she's trans. I just think everyone has their own opinion on the matter and it's kind of a pointless argument.
>>
Waaah, muh creator of the series, waaaah muh Crapcom, waaah muh lore.

Poison and Roxy are GIRLS. Hung GIRLS with BIG long thick cocks.

Sexy characters >>>>> purposeless, meaningless strings of words. There's nothing else to say on the matter.
>>
>>4192026
>waaah muh cocks

Get a load of this tremendous faggothon.
>>
>>4192026
hows that sex change going loser
>>
>>4192026
Go back to your containment boards
>>>/d/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>4191913
>The men in suits who care more for profit don't get to speak for the artist
They do, actually. Welcome to the real world. Japan is a free market country, not a marxist la-la land.
>>
File: greedo-and-han-solo1.jpg (149KB, 782x573px) Image search: [Google]
greedo-and-han-solo1.jpg
149KB, 782x573px
I'm just going to leave this here.
>>
Guys, we're missing the most important question here. Is Cody a tranny chaser?
>>
POISON ISN'T TRANS

SHE'S A GIRL WITH A PENIS
>>
File: spock-becomes-a-wehraboo.jpg (46KB, 622x608px) Image search: [Google]
spock-becomes-a-wehraboo.jpg
46KB, 622x608px
>>4192281
>penis
>girl

Most... illogical.
>>
>>4190823
you gotta be really brave now, PIXELS DO NOT HAVE GENDERS, these aren't real persons

if you draw a twat on supper mario does that make him a grill?
>>
>>4192205
and who is that handsome green sex god?
>>
>>4192414

Xir is not green, xirs blue you shitlord, dont miscolor xit.
>>
God, we really have gotten to the point where we'll argue about absolutely anything regardless of is actual relevance.

This is fucking sad.
>>
>>4192303
It's called futanari and it's hot as fuck.
>>
>>4192435
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>4192531
Been here since '04, i know how it is. I just wish /vr/ didn't devolve to this.
>>
>>4192426
GREEN YOU SONIC-2-LOVING-TWAT
>>
>>4190828
IIRC she was preop in Japan and postop in the US initially.
>>
>>4190837
a better question is when did Andore become Hugo? I always thought he was called Hugo in the Japanese version.
>>
>>4192660
Andore is his last name, Hugo is his first name.
>>
>>4192270
Plot twist: Characters in the FF/SF universe are also in disagreement over Poison's T status, and Cody is the only one who actually knows because they're just really good friends and she trusts him with her most personal of secrets
>>
>>4190837
Funny the magazine says "By the way these two are boys." What's the print date on the mag?
>>
>>4190823
both of them are trans in America, futa/new-half in Japan
>>
>>4191881
you're a shitlord for having that autistic mindset "not retro"
what is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1411471604059.jpg (50KB, 456x453px) Image search: [Google]
1411471604059.jpg
50KB, 456x453px
>>4193570
Hey friend, that's not very nice. I've been looking at your posts in this thread and I realize you really enjoy the idea of Poison being transexual, possibly because you're one yourself, which is fine, I'm not here to judge you on your life or your life decisions or your genitals lole :)

But hey, you have to take a step back every now and then and really consider if being so mean-spirited over the tidbits of info anons are bringing up here is really worth it for the /vr/troopers' healths or yours. :)

Everyone has their own opinion, and so do you. People are different and have different mindsets. You should always try looking at it from another person's point of view rather than obsessing over your own and if you can't come to an agreement than agree to disagree. It's never nice to harass others for having a different opinion, and if you're ever harassed you should never harass the harasser. Two wrongs never make a right. :)
>>
File: 1488389862097.gif (820KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
1488389862097.gif
820KB, 275x207px
>>4193591
thanks newfriend :^)

Just trying to say that not-retro isn't a valid argument for a retro character that's in non-retro times :^)
>>
File: when u see a rude.jpg (123KB, 319x310px) Image search: [Google]
when u see a rude.jpg
123KB, 319x310px
>>4193598
I'm afraid to go full [s4s] on one of my favorite boards and get banned so I'll just tell you to be nice. Two rudes don't make a nice. Again, try seeing it from anon's point of view where you're discussing newer events rather than retro events.
>>
File: 1496439879535.jpg (13KB, 240x203px) Image search: [Google]
1496439879535.jpg
13KB, 240x203px
>>4193616
fuck off niceposter
>>
>>4193568
It seems that's not the case:
>>4190857
>>
>>4193630
Akiman says so, but Nishitani says other wise
at this point I feel like it's whatever you want her to be and you'll be correct, kinda like Nights
>>
>>4193636
Nah both say the same thing: Poison was originally designed as a woman, taking reference from women fashion magazines.
Nishitani explained why she was turned into newhalf for the US release, while Akiman (doing a bit of diplomacy) explains that he considers the US Poison to be transexual, but not the japanese, original one.
>>
Capcom retconned Poison to be an actual female again when she was put into SFIV because it's okay to punch women in video games now and Ono got sick of of being asked if she had a penis all the time.
>>
>>4190823
The fuck is "cis"?
>>
File: Stan-Lee-1.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stan-Lee-1.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>4191893
>The creator of the character has NO weight.
>>
File: 1499701914806.gif (449KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499701914806.gif
449KB, 500x281px
>>4190912
>She was like puddy in his strong arms, completely at his mercy
>puddy
>>
>>4193652
Nobody actually knows.

It's like chinese whispers at this point.
>>
File: map.png (10KB, 362x106px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
10KB, 362x106px
>>4193651
>Capcom retconned Poison to be an actual female again
Nah, I think she finally got the surgery. She didn't take all those trips to Thailand for nothing. :P

>>4193652
It means "not trans." i.e., no disparity between biological sex and neurological gender. i.e., normal.
>>
>>4193930
>PUDDY
>>
>>4193652
It's not a made up word by the way. If you aren't an illiterate philistine you are probably familiar with terms like "transalpine" and "cisalpine" (meaning "across the alps" and "on this side of the alps"). "Trans" and "cis" are common prefixes in chemistry too.
>>
>>4193984
>If you aren't an illiterate philistine you
Woah woah, hey, cool it. "Cis-" isn't a word most people hear everyday. It's a learning experience, don't be mean.

I say less arguing, more qt Poison/Roxy pics.
Andore is fine too
>>
>>
>>4193991
Don't hit me with your trans talking points. I'm not talking about gender politics, I'm talking about our common English language. And I'm frankly tired of ignorant babies whining about neologisms, which "cis" isn't!
>>
>>4194001
>I'm frankly tired of ignorant babies whining

You and me both, nerd.
>>
File: Street_Fighter_Zero_Art_Sodom_2.jpg (122KB, 639x853px) Image search: [Google]
Street_Fighter_Zero_Art_Sodom_2.jpg
122KB, 639x853px
You know, another rumor going on is that Sodom/Katana is gay. I wonder if this is because of the word "sodom" being somehow related to gay anal sex (although I believe sodomy is just anal sex in general), or I dunno, the fact he lets Poison hang around him? But Poison is a girl anyway. Or maybe, that makes Sodom only gay in the US version of FF, but then again we don't even have evidence that they had sex or were sexually interested in each other.
As far as I know not much is known about him other than he's an old-school weeaboo.
>>
>>4194008
>Or maybe, that makes Sodom only gay in the US version of FF, but
Liking trans girls isn't gay.
>>
>>4190823
They only made them "trans" in the U.S., they're women in other countries.
>>
>>4194012
Everyone who does is at least bi, which is a form of gay since straightness is an exclusionary property (like whiteness--Barack Obama is half and half, but he's considered a black person not a white person).
>>
>>4193981
Yes we get it you retard.

Fuck off and take your shitty picture with you.
>>
>>4192182
Oh please don't try to pass off as a capitalist, you're not fooling anyone. You keep bouncing back on muh intellectual rights because that's all you have. If Capcom declared her to be a woman, then you would find some damage control to cover your bullshit. Capcom didn't create Poison.
>>
>>4194012
Liking a trans-girl doesn't make you straight either. Pansexual is probably what you are.
>>
>>4193652
As Norm Macdonald said, it's another way of marginalizing normal people.
>>
>>4193598
Yeah but this is a retro board on top of a retro character. Modern times is irrelevant because it was made way back when trans characters didn't exist as they do now. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so emotionally and politically invested to desperately prove Poison is a tranny to everyone, because she's the only mainstream classic tranny you have.
>>
File: tumblr_lre9exblrs1qdphsso1_1280.jpg (183KB, 552x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lre9exblrs1qdphsso1_1280.jpg
183KB, 552x1024px
>>4194027
>implying you wouldn't tap this
>>
>>4194050
Of course I would, because I'm bi.
>>
File: poison_mightyfinalfight.png (922B, 63x105px) Image search: [Google]
poison_mightyfinalfight.png
922B, 63x105px
>>4194052
:O
>>
>>4194029
See this is the shit I'm talking about. It's not a conspiracy or a made up word. Cis has meant the opposite of trans for literally thousands of years. It's older than fucking English.
>>
>>4194054
Yes, but in the context of which group overuses it now, the word has lost its original value. Welcome to linguistics 101.
>>
File: poison.png (3KB, 64x32px) Image search: [Google]
poison.png
3KB, 64x32px
Here's a Poison skin for all you Minecraft fans.
>>
File: future is what's important.jpg (132KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
future is what's important.jpg
132KB, 854x480px
Who was the first person to use cissexual/cisgender in print, anyway? I wanna say it was Julia Serano?
>>
This thread is malignant cancer.
>>
>>
>>4194070
No, that's retarded. The word is used to mean the opposite of trans which is exactly the same meaning it has always had.
>>
File: 1447545915924.jpg (228KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1447545915924.jpg
228KB, 1024x724px
>>
>>4193623
Bullying is a drug. When it comes to it just say "no"
>>
>>4194050
Straight men can find Poison attractive, because she was designed to be a cis woman and she looks like a cis woman. Real trans women look nothing like Poison (a fact I'm sure you're painfully aware of). The difference between trans and cis women is obvious when you see them naked. Just look at any tranny porn star; they all have broad shoulders and narrow hips. Just look at Bailey Jay for example, and let it sink in that tranny fans consider her a 10/10.
>>
>>4194054
Yeah only time i hear it used is with the word scum after it.
>>
>>4194341
boo hoo
>>
I'd say the real question is "if" Poison "is" a "newhalf" does she have balls or not? If yes that is hella gay, if not it's all good!
>>
>>4194313
Taylor Swift has broad shoulders and narrow hips, but is a cis woman considered attractive by many straight men (I know she is also considered unattractive and mannish by many other straight men for the same reasons).

Wow, it's almost like different people are attracted to different things, independent of sexual orientation!

>>4194341
Which tells me you are only reading 4chan and reddit and shit, as opposed to ever picking up a book in your life.

>>4194375
I think newhalf means it has balls.
>>
>>4190857
I imagine it was more to get around the not hitting girls thing. A game where you beat women would not go over well at that time period. Beating a cross dresser would be encouraged back then in most locations.
>>
>>4194401
>I think newhalf means it has balls.

Senpai then what is futa?
>>
>>4190823
post fan art of poison with big crotch bulge please,
Please.
>>
>>4194434
That's exactly what Nishitani explained:
>>4190868
>>
>>4194050
No because 1) It's transgender character. 2) It's a fictional character.
>>
>>4194053
Mighty final fight is the best one
>>
>>4194447
In Japan futa means it has both penis and vagina, whereas in English usage (on /d/ and such) it tends to refer to "dick girls" generally (i.e. has a penis but is characterized as a girl), as distinct from traps who are feminine-looking but male-gendered boys.
>>
>>4194503
But what about the balls situation? It is in my strong opinion the with is JUST straight(pun) gay. Without balls I could fuck and feel no homo.
>>
>>4194552
Traps are gay, futa may or may not be gay (but is at least "queer" if we're being honest), and newhalf is gay I guess but in a different way.

Traps are like, sissy femboys who seduce "real" men, so that's gay. Futa can get pregnant and such, so that isn't very gay, but they can also fuck you in the ass which is at least a little gay. Newhalves are have fully functioning male sex organs including balls, but they are often using those organs to sexually dominate women. Thus newhalf porn is often less "gay" than the other above varieties. Newhalf is probably the closest thing to "trans" in real life though, except since they are anime drawings they are obviously unrealistically attractive. Newhalves usually have huge boobs and other exaggerated female body characteristics (just like normal female anime characters really).
>>
>>4194375
Depends on whether or not she's had orchi, I guess.
>>
>cis

Consider suicide millennial retard
>>
This shit is not even 1% related to videogames.

>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: poison_by_y0ko-d41hg4i.jpg (117KB, 819x975px) Image search: [Google]
poison_by_y0ko-d41hg4i.jpg
117KB, 819x975px
>>
>>4194489
I would also like to see this
>>
The first post should have been simply
>No.
>>
>>4190868
>An old American saying
>>
>>4190868
Thank God I was right about her being a woman originally. The U.S. threw too much of a hissy fit over the character.
>>
>>4191918
Valuing logic and structure over emotion and flexibility is a red flag for autism, JSYK
>>
>>4193560
It was a strategy guide for the SFC version.
>>
If only the knee wasn't in the way, we would know.

I like to think Poison has a dick and Roxy is just a girl so that they're a matching set that go together.
>>
>>4195741
Poison is a woman originally outside the U.S., so I'm sticking with her being a woman and not a tranny.
>>
>>4190823
test
>>
>>4196973
welcome back anon.
>>
>>4196934
>Poison is a woman originally outside the U.S.
She's consistently referred to as a "newhalf" in most Japanese materials. I understand that the creators would rather think of her as a cis woman, but trying to spin it as a "murrica" thing is just plain historical revisionism.
>>
>>4197054
He said originally, meaning before they had to do that change.
Poison and Roxy are basically "draw a girl, call it a boy" situation. It's 2D, she could be a 2000 million years old multisexual dragon god for all we know.
>>
>>4190857
That book was published post-2000 so it's not retro :^)
>>
>>4197108
He is addressing the origin of Poison though, like using fashion mags for inspiration and what not, which happened during retro times.
>>
>tfw we have a president that advocates for rounding up and slaughtering islamists
Can we start with Sevenleaf?
>>
>>4197113
idk to me this just sounds like a "Greedo shot first" thing. It's okay to have regrets. But historical revisionism is a cardinal sin in the art world. Whatever you put on paper, or on canvas, there are no takebacks, you have to own it. If you were an artist you'd understand.
>>
File: Sloth-Laugh.gif (1MB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
Sloth-Laugh.gif
1MB, 244x244px
>>4197108
>>
File: 55b150bd120000580013b339.jpg (57KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
55b150bd120000580013b339.jpg
57KB, 500x396px
>>4197123
Is Sevenleaf still a Muslim??? I thought she converted to Wiccan or something.
>>
>>4197125
What they put in the canvas, on the original intention of the work of art that is Poison and Roxy's design, they did it with the intention of them being women.
From the artistic stand point, they are female.
It's explained that the newhalf post-creation change was more of a legal/business decision, not an artistic one.
I'm not saying we should do historical revisionism and I agree saying "outside the US" is like giving it an exaggerated angle at the whole situation (not that anon by the way).
Because the main market after Japan was US, Akiman and Nishitani talk about the US version of FF, that's the one they worked on (back then, japanese companies would program both versions, the japanese and US/international one). So yeah I can understand where you come from, but it's not historical revisionism to clear things up about Poison's origins.
She is officially a newhalf, yes, but there's a reason for that, and originally, on the JP version of FF arcade, she's canon female. The changes were made after the original game came out.
So rather than historical revisionism, is giving some light to the already obscure secrets of japanese vidya industry. Trying to diminish Nishitani's voice with "Death of the Author" nonsense is like censoring part of the history.
>>
>panda dump thread
https://exhentai.org/g/804055/22717ad403/
https://exhentai.org/g/491539/a8aa84b16f/
https://exhentai.org/g/761963/c590cab9d8/
>>
File: 1993542-final_fight_poison.png (136KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
1993542-final_fight_poison.png
136KB, 450x243px
>>4190823
>americucks
>>
>>4194084
No. It's poison.
>>
File: 169 KB.jpg (169KB, 843x1075px) Image search: [Google]
169 KB.jpg
169KB, 843x1075px
>>4190823
>it's a dumbasses argue the same points that have been made 1,000,000 times before for the last fifteen years thread

the bigger question is how big is chun's clit?
>>
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community.

Wow. Another blatant shitpost thread on our humble little corner of 4chan. And it will no doubt never be deleted despite being shelved into the report queue dozens of times a day.

But hey, let's delete my post and issue a ban to me instead, because my infrequent tendency to lodge complaints about the sorely lacking enforcement of quality posting is somehow more disruptive to this community than the /pol/ circlejerk thread I am now "derailing."

Great going, Hiro administration.
>>
>>4197108
/thread
>>
What I want to know is how did this all get found out to begin with? It's not like there's anything in the game itself stating Poison's gender, so was the whole tranny thing something they just put in a file someplace in case they got sued? Like some kid walks into an arcade and plays FF and sees Poison they're just going to think she's a girl...so when did fans find all this out?
>>
File: birdo.png (115KB, 304x209px) Image search: [Google]
birdo.png
115KB, 304x209px
>>4197861
Instruction manuals for the console releases are the main source for the "newhalf" claim. Back in the 90's, everyone always read the manuals, that was part of the experience of owning a new game. Because action games often had very little in-game story, if you wanted to know more about the story and the characters, usually you had to read the manual.

See also: Birdo.
>>
>>4190868
/thread
>>
>>4191610
The random Japanese guy is one of the creators you faggot
>>
>>4190868

After this, there should be no further discussion, outside of closet homos trying to justify their fetishes.
>>
>>4198657
>still posting that misprint
>>
>>4198739
Trans women aren't a fetish.
>>
File: CqN0HWnUAAArRGV.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CqN0HWnUAAArRGV.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
>>4197483
This thread actually has more proper research and source checking going on than most mainstream media these days. Let that sink in.
>>
>>4198657
SMB2 is a dream regardless of what the manual says
and birdo is a species
>>
File: Warios_woods_snes_screen.png (6KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
Warios_woods_snes_screen.png
6KB, 256x223px
>>4199919
>SMB2 is a dream
She's in lots of other games besides Doki Doki Panic / Super Mario USA though. Birdo is a real being who exists in the Mario universe, not a figment of Mario's dream.

>birdo is a species
No, Birdo is a specific character. There's only one Birdo. Are you thinking of yoshi maybe? Yoshi is a species (although there is also a specific character named "Yoshi")
>>
>>4198657
>Birdo is a boy who thinks he is a girl
>Super Mario USA is a licensed game that thinks it's a Mario game

That really activated my mushrooms
>>
>>4197108
by that logic, you're posting on a 2003 website in 2017, so anything said here won't apply to retreovidyia.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.