[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working Designs bullshit difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Eldeanfront.jpg (35KB, 243x409px) Image search: [Google]
Eldeanfront.jpg
35KB, 243x409px
Pic related and Dragon Force were localized by Working Designs. I cannot find any intel about wether they fucked up the difficulty like in so many other games. Does anone know about this?
>>
Does it matter? Just play the original Japanese version.
>>
>>4163171

Japanese version of a JRPG without knowing any japanese? You're a big help.
>>
I don't know if there's a comprehensive list out there, but you might be interested in this:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436
>>
>>4163181
How are we supposed to know you don't know Japanese?
And it's never too late to learn it.
https://djtguide.neocities.org/
>>
>>4163184

I know about Supper and his patches, they are great and long overdue. But there are none for Albert Odyssey or Dragon Force and the site "The Cutting Room Floor" only says that regional differences will be added at a later date. I was kind of hoping that someone happens to know if they made any stupid changes.
>>
>>4163186
If OP did that successfully, he'd probably forget that he wanted to play this game. Doesn't that shit take several years? It would hardly be worth the effort.
>>
>>4163207
It depends on various factors. For a normal person 6-12 months should be enough to play such a game.
3 months of intense studying might also be doable.
>>
>>4163207
Mastering a fluent level of reading Japanese takes far less time than the time the average 4channer spends shitposting on the internet.

Source: my ass. It's a fact and everybody knows it.
>>
>>4163181
Jrpg is not a genre.
Albert Odyssey is a turn based RPG.

You're welcome.
>>
>>4163530
>Mastering a fluent level of reading Japanese takes far less time than the time the average 4channer spends shitposting on the internet.

This is correct. I've spent 11 years shitposting on 4chan, and people can master japanese language in only a few years.
>>
>>4163573
See >>4163574

How does using the term jrpg suggest the user thinks it is a genre? Video games aren't a genre either.
>>
>>4163184
I just want to sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention. After hearing about Working Design's alterations I always wished I could play the original Popful Mail without needing to navigate the JP release, and I didn't realize it could be patched like other game roms. Maybe because it was on CD that I didn't think it could be modified or some shit? I don't know, I'm an idiot.

Still, thank you
>>
Fuck you, OP
They fixed Albery Odyssey.
Go play the fucking Japanese version. The encouter rate is absolute bullshit before they localized it.
>>4163207
"A few years" is a very conservitive estimate to learn Japanese. Especially with any real amount of fluency. I started learning the language 10 years ago and I'm still learning new shit every week.
>>
>>4163632

I guess what he meant was "enough to play Japanese video games"
>>
>>4163632
they are trolls, after people waste time studying Japanese for a year and are not even remotely close to reading at a comfortable pace they reply with "lol there must be something wrong with your study methods or maybe you're downright stupid, bro".
>>
>>4163632
I've been learning English for 20 years and still pick up new stuff.
>>
>>4163207
>learn japanese to play an obscure game no one wants to translate
>finally learn enough japanese only to realize that the game is shit after 5 years of hard work
I wonder if that's ever happened before. At least there'll be many more games to play.
>>
>>4163638
Have you considered that there is something fundamentally wrong with your approach?
>>
>>4162996
>I cannot find any intel about wether they fucked up the difficulty like in so many other games

Are you complaining about Working Designs making it more difficult of less difficult?
>>
>>4162996
What's the issue?
>>
>>4164218
Have no idea what OP's issue is, never have a problem play and beating anything WD put out.
>>
>>4162996
Dragon Force 2 has been fan translated, haven't noticed any difficulty differences from the first game.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1622/
>>
>>4162996
Only thing that ever gives me pause playing WD is the outdated pop culture references. Wheaties and Schwarzenegger references being the most glaring. I imagine in another 10 years most people who are twenty somethings won't recognize those references.
>>
>>4164257
>Ok I had forgotten that WD, had done some localization on Turbografx. So I'm amending my statement a bit. I have never had a problem play and beating anything WD put out on Sega CD or later.
>>
>>4162996
At the end of the manuals is a section on the changes.
https://archive.org/details/Dragon_Force_1997_Sega_US_a
https://archive.org/details/Albert_Odyssey_Legend_Of_Eldean_1997_Working_Designs_US
>>
>>4164281

That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe that's why Supper didn't create patches for those two games. On the other hand the manuals of the other games also didn't explicitly say that the difficulty has been completely fucked up either.
>>
File: Through_the_fire_and_flames.jpg (709KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Through_the_fire_and_flames.jpg
709KB, 2592x1944px
>>4162996
For Dragon Force, I remember Working Designs added in shortcuts to the unused buttons on the Sega Saturn pad. I still went through the menus normally. Unlike many others of their releases, I don't think they messed with the balance too much.
>>
>>4162996
have you considered playing the games to see if you like the difficulty? both games are fun. dragon force is my fave game for the system.
>>
>>4163638
>t. a downright stupid anon
>>
>not playing dragon force at this very moment
fucking reddit in here
>>
>>4163186

>learning other languages when AI real-time translation is just around the corner
>>
>>4166675
>normie
>back then
Spotted the frog poster pretending to be 18+
>>
>>4166675
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
Wow, I like how shit this thread became in just a few posts. It's almost amazing.
>>
>>4163632
>Answers OP's question
>Defends Working Designs
>Self-assured humble boast
>>
File: Popful.gif (10KB, 198x133px) Image search: [Google]
Popful.gif
10KB, 198x133px
>>4163184
wow a fixed popful mail difficulty hack
>>
>>4166679
Translation will never be good. You've got better luck waiting for brain upgrades.
>>
>>4164231
Fuck off Victor.
>>
>>4166123

Shit, there's a sequel to Dragon Force. And it was never released outside of Japan, that's just great. And depressing.
>>
>>4167543
It was completely fantranslated and as one of the people who actually beat it twice (I would have thought there was a bit more buzz about it, but I guess Saturn emu is a headache), it's honestly kind of a quality drop compared to the first game.
>>
File: never_got_Lunar2_puppet.jpg (688KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
never_got_Lunar2_puppet.jpg
688KB, 2592x1944px
>>4167543
That's one of the problems with Sega. They did make some quality games like Dragon Force but refused to put in the effort to localize for the US market. If not for Working Designs, the game would have stayed in Japan and very few outside would like the game.
>>
>>4163573
You'll never be able to stop people from using that term, get over it
>>
>>4163186
God I fucking hate people like you. You're one of the worst types of people I see shitting up this board. Learning an entire language to play some ching chong anime shit on a Sega Saturn is something no normal, non-NEET person would or even could do. The worst part is I'm sure you know this but you and people like you continue to post this stupid fucking "advice" so you can feel superior over people who don't sink their entire life into their frivelous hobbies.
>>
How did Magic Knight Rayearth fare in the US, any controversial changes?
>>
>>4170479

Yes, enemies are stronger and way faster. It's annoying but Supper fixed that. Check his "Un-Worked Designs"-thread in the romhacking.net forum.
>>
>>4170604
Ah nice, thx for the info
>>
>>4170395
You people are shitting up the entire site.
>>
>>4170395
>browses a video game board
>YO WTF MAN? YOU LEARN A LANGUAGE JUST TO FULLY ENJOY VIDEO GAMES? LMAO FUCKING NEET FAGGOT
There's literally nothing wrong with learning another language, and there definitely isn't anything wrong with learning another language if you plan on using it in any way, even if it's just a hobby.
>>
>>4170479
Perhaps it was just my copy, but I had so many issues with that game. On of the most major issues I had was that save data would become weirdly corrupted. Didn't matter if I used the internal memory, or a ram cart (tried it on 5 different carts). From time to time when I would load the save data it would pull up data that was days old, and I would lose days worth of data. No one I knew back then could figure out what was going on. Have never encountered a similar issue before or since.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.