[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BG2- Throne of Bhaal weirdness.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14

File: ToB.jpg (69KB, 414x500px) Image search: [Google]
ToB.jpg
69KB, 414x500px
Replaying BG2, and onto THrone of Bhaal, right at the end in fact. Reviewing everyhting before the big showdown with Melissan, and I noticed that Imoen had a charisma of 5. Remove curse, restoration, nothing I can oviously do brings it back to 16. I tried checkin out my saves, and she seems to have had a CHA of 5 since Shadows of Amn, although I'm not sure exactly when, as the earliest save in this playthrough is a while after getting out of the Underdark.

I'm honestly more confused than anything else. What on earth could have caused that?
>>
>>4094572
this game is butt
>>
Use the google option to search within websites "charisma" site:http://www.lomion.de/ and see if you can find monsters in 2e that cause loss of charisma.
>>
>>4094572
Did you have her wield the Rod of Terror at any point? It has a chance of permanently lowering the wielder's charisma every time you land a hit with it.

The only other thing I can think of offhand that can cause permanent charisma loss is a wild magic effect.
>>
Isn't it always five? With how much she whines all the time it's hard to imagine it being any higher than that.
>>
File: 14799766310140.jpg (89KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
14799766310140.jpg
89KB, 1280x853px
>>4095083
Delete this
>>
>>4094572
>>4094764
>>4095083
>Playing SJW game ever.
>>
>>4095127
Here, I made a list of places where you can fuck off to:
1. >>>/v/
2. >>>/lgbt/
3. >>>/pol/
>>
>>4095129
Oops, I forgot one, sorry.
4. >>>/trash/

you're welcome.
>>
>>4094764
Oooooooh. Ooops. Yes, I did have her use the Rod of Terror. That's almost certainly it. Thx dude.
>>
>>4095083
16, which means she should be super charming and make you cum buckets just from hearing her voice. Of course, that doesn't really work in a video game, so she comes out as whiny and charisma is just a stat.
>>
File: bgvbgee.png (131KB, 363x280px) Image search: [Google]
bgvbgee.png
131KB, 363x280px
>>4095127
He said Baldur's Gate 2, he never said the Enhanced Edition.
>>
>>4095170
You just described Viconia dude. When she's voiced by Grey DeLisle it's easy.
>>
>>4096897
Yep, I can't hate Nalia for same reason.
>>
I cannot get the GOG version of Baldur's Gate to work on windows 10 and it's driving me mad because none of the fixes I'm finding are working.
>>
>>4098482
Probably because of directplay, which is a bitch to get working in win 10
>>
>>4098482
What's the error you're getting?
>>
File: BG error.jpg (24KB, 475x160px) Image search: [Google]
BG error.jpg
24KB, 475x160px
>>4100419
Pic related.
>>
>>4102462
Also, I should mention, that directory doesn't exist on my PC, so I have no idea where it's looking for it.
>>
>>4102470
That's just a error showing where it was generated in the original source code (the programmer's file system). Not really useful.

You should probably try a DirectDraw wrapper. I don't have issues running the Gog version of this game on my Win8.1 install and it uses similar DirectX and DDraw emulation as Win10. But not every video driver has the same support.

P.S. Did you post your system specs? Would like to know your graphics card.
>>
i5-4670 @ 3.4GHz
8GB of DDR3
AMD R9 200 series card (2GB) (I don't remember the exact number, it's been a couple years)

Running on Win 10 64 bit as mentioned earlier. Game is installed on a drive that isn't C:.

I'll look into DirectDraw and see if I can get it working with that. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
I just got BG and BG2. First isometric D&D game. Made my first character as a mage. Rerolled for a warrior on the way to the Nashkel mines. How do you folks do it?
>>
>>4102547
The best answer I could find seems to be related to the game enumerating your current display mode incorrectly. See this GOG post:

https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_crash_on_launch

I've seen other old games do this too, they set an incorrect resolution by default or a refresh rate that's too high. Try the solution above (manually forcing window mode to start).
>>
>>4102547
Also should have replied with this one too:

https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/bg1_does_not_start_due_to_video_mode
>>
>>4102582
Do what? Melee is a bitch in the first game. Ranged attacks are way more effective and reliable. The lame stuff in BG1 is everyone ranged hiding behind summoned monsters. Fighter is the manly way to play, though.
>>
>>4102656
>>4102661
Thanks for the assistance. I'll give this a shot tomorrow after work and report back.
>>
>>4102698
Don't melee until level 3 or so.
Kite everything with ranged weapons.
If mage, use crowd control spells like sleep early on when facing groups of enemies.
>>
>>4103385
Thanks again. I got it to load by altering the .ini file to not load in fullscreen mode when it starts. Now I just have to figure out a way to display it so I can actually see what's going on.
>>
>>4098482
can't you run a virtual machine with 7/xp or something? bg isn't a demanding game so it should be playable unless you're on a decades old toaster
>>
>>4103974
I just don't want to bother setting one up as I don't have anything downloaded for it right now.
>>
>>4095187
How is the enhanced addition pozzed? I thought it was just SOD?
>>
>>4104116
Bunch of faggot sjw crap added, new bugs to replace what few they bothered to fix (because it's not a technical improvement, just some pussy middleman's cash grab). Some shill will be along shortly to refute me and praise it.
>>
File: 23156132412354.png (410KB, 1458x288px) Image search: [Google]
23156132412354.png
410KB, 1458x288px
>>4104116
They added a lot of dialogue to the existing NPCs which ultimately changed their personalities. Take Kivan, the goodly Ranger. In the base game, Viconia is polite to him and he still ends up attacking her because she's an evil Drow. In the Enhanced Edition an evil Orc Blackguard becomes his bestie and convinces him torture and murder is okay because the Orc is a donut steel of Beamdog's.

Or while we're talking about Viconia, she's generally unapologetic about being evil or that the Drow are bad guys. In the Enhanced Edition she gets new lines where she's complaining about how surface dwellers be racist n' shieeet, judging people on the color of their skin.

And that's just examples of damage done to existing NPCs. The NEW content that Beamdog added is a thousand times worse. And even when it's not directly SJW nonsense, the writing is so godawful cringe-worthy, it pulls you out of the game entirely. Pic very much related.
>>
>>4106160
Man that image is hurts to look at. The way Viconia doesn't even bite back hurts. I'm curious about the lines about hows surface dwellers are racist. Are those lines added for interaction between beamdogs donut npcs and SOD? It would really suck shit if they added those lines between say her and the og cast
>>
File: muh oppressed black folk.png (34KB, 592x162px) Image search: [Google]
muh oppressed black folk.png
34KB, 592x162px
>>4106338
>>
>>4106160
Horny beta males can't say no to female writing staff, who apparently only has experience writing DR who slash fan fiction
>>
File: sonic.jpg (50KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
50KB, 500x729px
>>4106340
I re read this like 50 times just to understand what the fuck they were even saying. like it's just bad. SJW stuff or no it's just bad.

Isn't Dorn a evil black guard orc? Aren't these guys the baddest of the bad? Why would he give a shit about prejudice and justice?

>I had not thought of it that way before

This was the part that had me confused. Maybe I'm dumb or I need more context but Jesus. The way Viconia's mind is blown away by Dorn reminding her that she was almost burnt alive for being a drow. How does this change her mind on anything? Wouldn't this also make her more pissed and perhaps prejudice against humans?

Shit, looking at Viconia's first sentence doesn't make it any clearer. Like what is she even saying? That humans are horny for her even though they hate drows?

I spent way to much time reading these three lines.
>>
Yeah, just the shocking disrespect to the source material is pretty galling. It almost makes you forgive those atrocious Baldur's Gate novels since Beamdog wanted to prove that there could always have been something worse.
>>
>>4106340
>>4106338
>>4106160
This is all shit from their own game, not added to the original games, you retarded shitposting gamergate niggers.
>>
>>4107734
Ooooh watch out for this guy, he'll call you a sandy hook denier next.
>>
>>4107734
Why you say N word? Learn respek. Become kek.
>>
>>4107737
>>4107735
Begone 20 year old redditor faggots
>>
>>4095127
how is it a sjw game?

(I started bg1 yesterday so no spoilers please)
>>
File: 1499228720719.jpg (16KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
1499228720719.jpg
16KB, 210x330px
>>4107761
It isn't. The enhanced editions came out at the height of gamergate faggotry so you have hordes of retards labeling it as such because they don't even realize the screenshots they are posting are from Siege of Dragonspear. Also they've probably never even touched the series since BG always featured a diverse cast with a man-hating amazonian female warrior being one.
tl;dr form your own opinions idiot
>>
>>4107781
"form your own opinions" tends to imply that we're supposed to agree with the person's opinions who said that. That aside, it's not an opinion if the game's dialogue and interactions were altered; that's a fact or it isn't.
>>
>>4107734
...Kivan wasn't even in SoD you lying Beamdog shill. And the quote with Viconia and Dorn discussing oppression was from BG1EE.
>g-gamergate!
Jesus Christ. This is just like when people got pissed at Beamdog the first time and they IMMEDIATELY went to Anita Sarkeesian and tried to provoke some big internet war, claiming all their negative reviewers must be Gamer Gate spies. Do you know how fucking retarded and paranoid that makes you?
>>
>>4107781
>those screenshots were from SoD!
They were from BG1EE. Quit lying.
>>
>>4107761
The original games weren't. Despite what the Beamdog employee in this thread keeps trying to sell you, the original games were made in the late 90's / early 00's. So when you have a man-hating Amazon, it wasn't third wave feminism super misandry power! She's literally an evil aligned cunt who exists purely for your strongest male character to beat the fuck out of and mollify.

That said, a few years back Beamdog bought the rights and released an "Enhanced Edition." This edition was 99% stolen from free mods that already existed online, and really poorly implemented. Infamously, it was released with over 600 gamebreaking bugs. They've lowered that number since, but there are still several hundred of bugs and errors- far more than the base game ever had. But that's not the real problem with the Enhanced Edition. The real problem is that they didn't just update the technology, they added new OC donut steel NPCs who were super far-left progressives. African Vampire queens, lesbian Tumblr sorandum mages, bisexual Orc emos... the list goes on.

Now, you'd think that maybe you could just ignore them. Unfortunately, almost all of those NPCs seek you out and force scenes with you. Worse even, Beamdog went and added new lines of dialogue to existing characters - many of which have been posted in this thread, turning them into modern progressive caricatures of themselves. And as a new player, there's really no way for you to know what was part of the original game and what was tainted by Beamdog without looking it all up online as it comes at you.
>>
File: 1482368038028.png (39KB, 661x245px) Image search: [Google]
1482368038028.png
39KB, 661x245px
>>4108592
After the travesty that was the Enhanced Editions, Beamdog did the dirty of releasing their own expansion to the games - Siege of Dragonspear. Now, a lot of people had been furious about the SJW nonsense they infused into the original games, and instead of learning from that, they thought:
>well, they were mad because we altered the original games, since this is a NEW game, they won't care if we add ALL the SJW stuff we want!
And so Siege of Dragonspear was born. Those extra lines they added to the Enhanced Editions that destroyed character personalities got expanded upon to the nth degree, with many NPCs being so completely rewritten that they no longer even resembled the originals anymore. Further, they started injecting attacks about GamerGate into the game to "get even" with the people who were so critical of their desecration in the Enhanced Edition. Existing villains got pussified to be scared of their new donut steel progressive bad guys, people were chastised for mansplaining in the game, trannies were thrown into the game with so much ham-fisted recklessness that even the tranny community protested the game. And the list just goes on and on.

So... in summation, avoid the Enhanced Editions and Siege of Dragonspear at all costs. Unless, of course, you're the sort of person who wants to have progressive ideology forced into every facet of what you play. In which case I can't recommend these highly enough to you.
>>
File: 1455905976143.png (50KB, 293x281px) Image search: [Google]
1455905976143.png
50KB, 293x281px
>>4108592
>>4108596
>tfw you bought Dragonspear before even playing the Enhanced Edition of BG1 so you didnt know awful the faux-progressive writing really is and then you try to have the new NPCs in your party because HEY I ALREADY KNOW THE OLD ONES IN AND OUT and then its just such a clusterfuck of SJW shit and you stop playing Dragonspear right after the Prologue because you encounter the Tranny-Cleric who tells you all about being a tranny and you try to kill him but it already turns out that the patched the game to make zim/zum/zer unkillable and you just stop playing and never touch Dragonspear again
>>
>>4094572
>this is now considered "retro"
i feel old
>>
These threads go like clockwork. Someone suggests EE, a fight breaks out between Beamdog employees and players, with the former making the exact same argument about there being no SJW stuff in the game and dir being proved a liar by the same screenshots.

Next, time permitting, is the argument between AD&D and 3.5 editions, occasionally replaced with the "which class is the most OP and here's eight pages of math and autism to prove it".

It's funny that waifu posting ends up being one of the least cancerous arguments here. That said, objectively it goes Jaheira > Viconia > Anomen > Aerie > stupid little mod romances like Imoen.
>>
>>4108702
They patched their game to make the (a) tranny unkillable? To stop people killing it in their single-player game? Beamdog is amazing.
>>
>>4110253
Aerie is pure!
>>
>>4110570
Because we're not all faggot weebs jerking off into our NES cartridge holes.
>>
>>4110570
You can talk about PlayStation and N64 games that came out in the 2000's too. Read the sticky, the platform you play on is what determines retro, not the game.
>>
File: 4komaimoenspoiler.jpg (45KB, 308x700px) Image search: [Google]
4komaimoenspoiler.jpg
45KB, 308x700px
>>4110253
>>
>>4098482
Nothing to do with windows, bg1 just doesn't work with most modern gpus. Switching to bgee is the adhoc fix.
>>
File: 1464090661577.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464090661577.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>4110960
Bullshit, the GOG version works on virtually everything. The guy having trouble is the exception that proves the rule. Still, you Beamdog shills waste no time trying to enlist people.
>windows issue? buy beamdog!
>>
>>4106340
This is fucking awful, did they do the same thing to Torment? I wanted to pick that up sometime.
>>
>>4113757
Nah, Avellone personally supervised them to make sure. Or at least he claimed to. After the shit they pulled with the BGEE I don't know anyone that bought the PSEE to be certain.
>>
Shit so I shouldn't play BG1 EE for my first time?
>>
>>4114702
No. You should play it vanilla the first time, then if you feel like screwing with QoL mods, use the Widescreen and Tutu. And after all that, if you suddenly feel the excruciating need to inject modern social justice talking points into your game for no reason... play EE.
>>
>>4114923
Don't listen to this psycho neet. Play EE for ease of use and bugfixes.
>>
>>4114702
DESU you wouldn't lose much from skipping the first one altogether.
>>
>>4114702
Vanilla BG is perfectly fine if you don't mind the resolution.

>>4115572
Fuck off.
>>
>>4115572
Amber Scott, why? Why do you come here day after day, week after week pushing for the Enhanced Edition? It's never going to take here. Why not try advertising on Kotaku or Tumblr or wherever the hell people appreciate you ramming your social beliefs down everyone's throats?
>>
>>4115572
Beamdog, please leave.
>>
>>4102582
In the first game it's easy to turn everything into porcupines with slings/bows/crossbows so play whatever you like. It's only in the second, and especially its expansion with its very high level magics and next to Godly monsters where a diversity of tactics becomes more important, and where the magic classes start outscaling meatshields hard. Still even then you might want a couple tanks in front, and humans that start off as warriors or rogues, and then dual class to mages later are almost strictly better than mages that start out as such. Not least of all because they'll have double the HP.
>>
>>4113757
As far as I can tell, I haven't seen anything to that extent in my playthrough. But I've never played the original PT, so I can't be for sure
>>
>>4116206
>>4116135
The only thing beamdog "changed" was adding some new NPCs. They interject into already existing conversations with some occasionally shitty writing.
Of course the autists of /v/ will endlessly screech WE WUZ KANGZ because viconia talks about prejudice against drows, which is literally a recurring plot point in the original games.
They shouldn't have forced the new NPCs on the old game but I wouldn't recommend the non-EE versions since after many patches they actually fixed a lot of broken quests and having BG2 spells in BG1 is pretty cool. I would also recommend SCS AI mod for a first time playthrough since enemy mages are really easy to cheese and instagib before they can get off a single spell :^)
>>
File: MOENL.png (104KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
MOENL.png
104KB, 210x330px
BEST GIRL
BEST MOD
BEST GAME
>>
>>4117031
>The only thing beamdog "changed" was adding some new NPCs.
And new dialogue to existing NPCs that changed their core personalities. Which is a big fucking deal in an RPG.

>prejudice against drows, which is literally a recurring plot point in the original games.
...the fuck is this nonsense? You're aware that the Drow are literally demon-worshiping evil Elves that are in constant genocidal wars with the surfacers. The Drow aren't some poor, misrepresented minority who the evil Humans are trying to keep down. Then again, you're defending the EE, I can see why you'd think that.
>>
>>4117031
Hi Beamdog, see you in the next thread.
>>
>>4117031
>viconia talks about prejudice against drows,
...and how they bring it on themselves,
...and how the strong oppressing the weak is the right and natural way of things.
>>
>>4117040
Is that the new Saerileth Portrait?
>>
>>4117031
>Of course the autists of /v/ will endlessly screech WE WUZ KANGZ because viconia talks about prejudice against drows, which is literally a recurring plot point in the original games.

Except you are talking about a race of ALWAYS EVIL ASSHOLES that Viconia only deserted because ALWAYS EVIL don't necessarily have mercy towards other ALWAYS EVIL fucks and the Underdark is not some sort of EVIL INC. company with motivational posters about how TEAMWORK when making EVIL is a VIRTUE and that you should always look to help your co-workers be more EVIL.

Not to mention that she is, well, EVIL. In a system where Good and Evil are cosmic forces in constant strife and they're fairly objective, and not some "sum of its parts" shit. If you do enough good things, Viconia will LEAVE you, literally because you're a weak spineless wimp who can't even do any EVIL.

Granted, Keldorn wanting to murder Viconia while being perfectly okay with Korgan because "combat brings us bros together and he's very formidable" is pretty stupid, unless you look at it from the angle that Keldorn is an inquisitor with a specific allergy towards evil spellcasters.

And frankly, drows being an allegory towards any real life races is frankly insulting, because it only works off "hurr hurr black skin". Whatever /pol/tards are about to shit up this thread, I frankly doubt that a race of obsidian-coloured BDSM matriarchal enthusiasts has anything in common with Wayne Brady.

I mean, fuck, nobody is running around calling Valygar or Dynaheir a nigger.

Frankly, the whole "oppression" dialogue between Dorn and Viconia doesn't in any way make them present better - they're evil, child-sacrificing, backstabbing fucks and they quite own up to it - oh wait, nevermind, it's because of oppression. It's like if Malcolm X's militant period had him join Nation of Khorne.
>>
>>4117031
Seeing as good and evil are quantifiable things in the D&D universe, being prejudiced is certainly justified. I don't understand the meme of applying real world morals and ethics to a universe with already preset good and evil acts .
>>
>>4117841
>If you do enough good things, Viconia will LEAVE you, literally because you're a weak spineless wimp who can't even do any EVIL.
Under normal circumstances, sure, but wasn't there a way to shift her to neutral with the power of your magic penis?
I mean, I don't know why you'd want when evil gives you access to Korgan and Edwin, and when is Imoen is a bitch that will never leave you regardless; but at least I heard the option was still there.
>>
Know what bugged me? Balthazar. The last of the big five before the finale. If his goal was to collect all of Bhaal's essence so he could seppuku after then why couldn't a Lawful Good character with a high enough reputation and charisma convince him that you wanted to do the same thing?
>>
>>4118006
But it's understandable. Nobody knows the corruption of the Bhaal essence more than him, and even if he believes that you genuinely want to do good, he can't take the chance that you fall to that corruption later. The only way for him to be sure and see the Lord of Murder off for good is to do it himself.
>>
>>4117841
>>4117031
>I mean, fuck, nobody is running around calling Valygar or Dynaheir a nigger.

Because Valygar is from a country that is that in the Setting is rather multicultural and colonial and even if you are like me, a /pol/-tard, it makes at least sense for him to be there seeing as Amn is basically is a fantasy-mixture of renaissance NOT-Italy/NOT-Spain depending on where in Amn you are.

It becomes a bit harder with Dynaheir being from Rashemen which is NOT-Russia with Not-Mongols thinking they are Vikings. But even then you could argue that her ancestors might be escaped slaves from Thay or Turmish or Mulhorand.

Viconia sympathizing with a Half-Orc of all things, which even in the slave-hierarchy are at the bottom of the barrel is beyond character-breaking.
It makes even less sense if you consider that she was in far more harrowing situations than just nearly being burned in Athkatla according to her very own words with her experiences on the surface.
>>
>>4118668
>It becomes a bit harder with Dynaheir being from Rashemen which is NOT-Russia with Not-Mongols thinking they are Vikings.

This. I thought she was from the Chult when I first saw her and thought it was pretty cool. Then she started speaking with her faux-Slav accent and mentioned she was from Rashemen. At first I thought maybe the Bioware guys thought the people from Rashemen were black, but then... they got Minsc right. Always been curious about her.
>>
Quick question if anyone knows. If you dual-class in BG1, when importing to BG2 will it retroactively ask you if you wanted a kit for that first class? Like if I make a Thief 7 / Cleric 8, will it ask me if I wanted to make the Thief class a kit at the beginning of BG2?
>>
>>4117197
>Drow are literally demon-worshiping evil Elves
There's Drizzt (with cameos in both BGs, at that). Most Drow are evil feminazis because they worship Shar.
>>
>>4120449
Drizzt is supposed to be the exception that proves the rule. That's why all his books are about him angsting around the surface, being the one good Drow in a race of murderous demon worshipers. He is specially a Drow iconoclast and not representative of the race.

And almost no Drow worship Shar. Literally the only one I can think of in the entirety of Forgotten Realms lore besides Viconia is Zesstra Aleanrahel, a virtual nobody from a random 2nd edition sourcebook. The Drow worship the Dark Seladrine pantheon and generally Lolth, the leader of the Dark Seladrine, in particular. In BG2 there are a few Drow who worship other Dark Seladrine gods like Vhaeraun and Ghaunadaur, and Solaufein worships Eilisitraee but otherwise they all worship Lolth.
>>
>>4120617
>Llolth, not Shar
Yep, I mixed them up. Had the Shar/Selune duality stuck in my head for some reason.

Still, Drizzt's case proves drow aren't evil by birth. Viconia is a bit of a bitch, too, but hardly a sadist (CE) or a scheming egoist (LE) or other things you normally associate with "evil". Underdark in BG2 had this theme of male drow struggling for survival in a bad place ruled by women where one mistake meant death or worse. Wasn't there even a male drow NPC that kept your secret if you saved his life (though could have ratted you out easily for his own benefit, or just out of spite)? Pretty sympathetic overall if you ask me; nowhere near the "pure evil" races like, say, the Beholder or the Illithid that treat all "lesser" races as food or slaves.

Thinking about it, Underdark must be SJW's worst nightmare (or secret wet dream). A society ruled by females!
>>
>>4120706
Again, Drizzt is supposed to be the one-off. It's like having a famous good aligned Illithid or Beholder. It doesn't detract from the remaining 99.9% of the race being wildly evil.

And Viconia IS crazy evil. Neutral Evil is just as evil as Chaotic or Lawful and Shar is arguably far more evil than Lolth. Shar is the original evil deity in that universe from whence all other evil springs. The primordial evil that attempted to snuff out all life when the universe was young. And Viconia is a priest of those goals.

And outside Soulafein which was an obvious ripoff of Zaknafein (even the names are painfully similar), the males in the Underdark are evil too. Just because the females hold power over them doesn't mean they don't plot and scheme and would hesitate from murder and torture when the opportunity presents itself. Same with the slave races under their control, the Duerger and the Orcs and the Kuo-Toa.

I mean, all the Drow treat the "lesser races" as slaves and cattle. Why do you think they're any different than the Mind Flayers or Beholders?
>>
>>4120423
If you're talking Vanilla, nah, you can have an OP dual class or an OP kit class, but you can't have both at once.

No idea if they changed it in Enhanced Edition though.
>>
>>4120423
it won't, you must use shadowkeeper to add the kit and the corresponding level bonsues associated.
>>
File: 1499975669365.png (78KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1499975669365.png
78KB, 499x499px
It's been 2 years since my last full BG run and i'm thinking of starting a new one. Never tried to get into multiclassing. Is cleric/mage fun? Will exp division slow down my levelling too much?
>>
>>4125098
Depends on how many party members you have.
>>
>>4107761
It's not. The EE might be but I don't see any reason to play some other dev's fan fiction.
>>
>>4125098
>>4125112
Why does it even matter? You will hit max lvl anyway before you even manage to get to the TOTSC content.

At least I did having a Warrior/Cleric with a full party. Ranger/Cleric or Fighter/Druid are just super fun to play.
>>
>>4125098
you can hit exp cap if you go solo in BG1 in under 3 hours casually, provided you know what to do.
sirens and basilisks
as long as you carry around viconia, edwin, or one of the other pure clerics or mages, you'll be fine for high level spell coverage, but you'll always be behind them.
however in terms of pure group utility, you'll always be superior to the pure spellcasters.
if you aren't a purist then you can use shadowkeeper to add a kit to your multiclass, effectively making her a dual class, but without the unfun limitations of waiting until the levels matchup, and being able to continue leveling the kit.
of course if you do that, it's best to cap your party size, or don't bring any fighters, or some other limitation to make the game fun.
>>
>>4125098

Why don't you run a Fighter/Mage/Cleric/Thief?
>>
>>4125826

That's called Bard.
>>
>>4125098
Cleric/Mage is only really fun once you get Spell Sequencer IMO
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.