[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best SNES emulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: snes meme.jpg (19KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
snes meme.jpg
19KB, 256x197px
What is the best SNES emulator
>>
>>3966525
?
>>
ZSNES without a doubt
>>
>>3966525
that one

all the cool romhax work on that one
>>
>>3966525
Higan
>>
File: snes9x_windows[1].png (37KB, 520x502px) Image search: [Google]
snes9x_windows[1].png
37KB, 520x502px
>>3966525
snes9x
>>
ZSNES

It worked flawlessly on my Pentium 2. Shit like Higan just isn't optimized that well.
>>
Bsnes or SNES9x. Don't listen to the ZSNES tards. It hasn't been updated in like 10 years.
>>
>>3966525
OP here again. Thanks for suggestions while we are here is there a better GBC emulator than virtual boy.
>>
>>3966525
I use Higan because it's accurate and not nearly as demanding as people make it out to be, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for ZSNES. SNES9x is a good compromise between the two if you have a toaster PC.
>>
bsnes (higan) or SNES9X.
There's some people that can never let go of ZSNES cause of nostalgic reseasons I guess but it's not as good as the two mentioned.

>>3966572
My go-to is Gambatte.
>>
>>3966572
oh my god is that tara strong
id bury my face in those huge face tits all day
>>
>>3966585
yes. Her twitter account is mostly tit pics if you need more.
>>
>>3966572
Virtual Boy is the best if your PC is a toaster.
>>
>>3966590
>California
I wonder if this bitch will give me a rub.
>>
>>3966594
She probably would do it whilst making cartoon character noises.
>>
>>3966583
Seconding Gambatte.
>>
>>3966583
This. Higan if you can run it, SNES9X if you can't. No reason to use ZSNES unless you wanna play certain SMW romhacks or you're still running something like a Pentium 3.
>>
>>3966610
Higan (Balanced) through Retroarch is what I use.
>>
SNESTicle
>>
>>3966572
bgb.
or if you run obscure chinese ripoff roms like "Terrifying 9/11" then hhugboy
>>
It's a multi-system emulator but I've gravitated toward BizHawk lately due to how robust it is.
>>
Higan/bsnes or snes9x. Zsnes is very bad, especially sound emulation.
>>
>>3966610

>ZSNES for low processor systems

At my system ZSNES pushes the processor A LOT higher than e.g. SNES9x
>>
Higan (used to be bsnes) is objectively the best, but some people can't run it because it isn't optimized for speed.

Ignore the people bashing it because it "runs like crap" or calling it slow because it's one of the few that prioritizes true cycle accuracy over speed
>>
>>3968781
> Ignore the people bashing it because it "runs like crap" or calling it slow because it's one of the few that prioritizes true cycle accuracy over speed

This. More importantly, some games 'running like crap' are BECAUSE it's so accurate. Many SNES games had slowdown on origional hardware, and Higan emulates thay slowdown perfectly.
>>
snes9x

because Mario RPG and that fishing pole game with the little girl don't break.

But ZSNES has the best interface and features.
>>
File: mt300.gif (7KB, 170x149px) Image search: [Google]
mt300.gif
7KB, 170x149px
>>3966525

Snes9X v0.20
>>
>>3966628

Lets email Sardu and tell him to make it.
>>
>>3966628
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-story-of-nesticle-the-ambitious-emulator-that-redefined-retro-gaming

>Another game Addis worked on while at Electronic Arts was a boxing game for the GameCube called Fight Night Round 2. He isn't directly credited for his work on the game, however. Instead, his role with the game involves an unlockable version of Super Punch-Out that's included on the tiny disc.

>Buried in the source files for the game, in a place that's only possible to find, really, if you've extracted the game files using the GameCube and Wii emulator Dolphin and are specifically looking for it, is a telling string of text: "SNESticleNGCVERIONPP71Copyright (c) 1997-2004 Icer Addis"

>The long-rumored SNESticle? He had it all along.
>>
>>3968973
Hey, I member that!

Did people actually used that?
>>
>>3969017

I did, though it was mostly for the novelty of being able to see a Snes game run on a PC back then.

I think my first emu was some snes9x version without a gui and a speedhack or something.
and then there was eSnes and NLKSnes and those things.
>>
>>3968980
>>The long-rumored SNESticle? He had it all along.

That bastard!

I really want that now, wish he'd release it out of nostalgia sake.
>>
>>3968980
>>The long-rumored SNESticle? He had it all along.

I wonder what kinda builds he has of it, Windows? DOS? does it sport a clean GUI or white cum drops ala Genecyst with a dick pointer?
>>
>>3966525
bsnes-classic
>>
>>3966594
I'm pretty sure she'll do anything for money, she looks like she has really low standards.
>>
>>3969350
Never heard of those, Zsnes and Snes9x were the only ones I heard.
>>
>>3966525
ZSNES was comfy as fuck
>>
File: Image1.gif (6KB, 328x280px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.gif
6KB, 328x280px
>>3971358

Yeah we're talking stuff from 1994/1995 here, and since Snes9X and Zsnes were doing so well they were discontinued pretty quickly.
I still have the files, fun times.

actually just noticed I never bothered to download Bsnes
>>
>>3971373
dat falling snow is still GOAT
>>
>>3966532
>hurr durr just use zsnes 1.36 and the goodsnes 2.04 romset with random useless copier headers because why the fuck not

Hello, how's the weather back in year 2004?
>>
>>3966564
Are you an idiot? bsnes/higan is accurate, not full of hacks, shortcuts and cut corners just so it can run on a literal 30 year old toaster.
>>
>>3972661
>>3972673
A pair of (You)s sir, for being maximal autist!
>>
>>3966564
I used UOSnes9x on a Pentium 2. While slower than ZSNES (but faster than vanilla Snes9x if the "speed hacks" option was used), it produced good sound rather than awful garbled one like ZSNES. Also, a slick standard GUI not getting in your way was much preferred over ZSNES' tryhard-leet interface straight outta the 90s.
>>
>>3972683

>everything i dont like is autism
>>
>>3968794
Question is whether the slowdown was "As Intended By The Developers(TM)" or just an undesired sideeffect due to some bottleneck.
>>
>>3968973
Why no Snes96?
>>
>>3972687
But both those posts were by you, right? How could I tell?
>>
>>3971373
If you want you emulator to have a pretentious post-demoscene aesthetic, perhaps. If you want a no-bullshit interface not getting in your way, not so much.
>>
Honestly all I've ever used is ZSNES, since the late 90s (in DOS) and now Windows. It does what it's supposed to do so no complaints.
>>
>>3972703
Lol, I'm not even him (or them).
>>
>>3972703
Because this board is so slow that if two posts representing a similar angle of view on a given subject appear within a given thread in relatively quick succesion, then it's likely the same person.
>>
>>3972713
It's quite inaccurate actually. So much that over the years it has become its own SNES-like quasi platform - for instance, many SMW hacks relied on or abused ZSNES' inaccuracies to the point of being incompatible with Snes9x, let alone bsnes or a real SNES - on the other hand, if something runs on bsnes/higan, it will 99.99% run on real hardware.
>>
>>3966572

Get a load of those beautiful breasts!
>>
"never" = "when either Half-Life 3 or ZSNES 2.0 comes out, whichever happens first"
>>
>>3972661
Not to mention, the distributed Goodsnes romset included all of the identified bad dumps, overdumps, etc. That the tool recognizes known bad dumps is somehow understandable, but to include all of the garbage ROMs in a romset is just pure nonsense. Thankfully it's a relict of the past, as we have clean NoIntro sets without garbage or headers usable only by long-obsolete copiers or prehistoric emulators from the 90s.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjERjWIOmY
ah the good ol days
>>
>>3972701

Well as you can see I do have that..
>>3971542

But I don't remember much of it, did it have a GUI at all?
>>
File: Meka.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Meka.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>3972709
>If you want you emulator to have a pretentious post-demoscene aesthetic

I always felt that was like half the fun!
>>
>>3966583
>>3966608
>Gambatte
>zero releases
>>
>>3973542
Neat. Do you know of more like this?
>>
WHY DO YOU RETARDS STILL FALL FOR THE ZSNES BAIT
>>
>>3968980
Redpil me on SNESticle
>>
>>3974886
>its a dark time no emulators
>suddenly emulators
>but they are shitty
>suddenly Sardu comes a long
>He released Nesticle
>It's awesome (for the time)
>Genecyst and Callus follow
>Emu scene is taking off big
>Many Snes emulators all of different quality
>People want Sardu to make Snesticle cuz Sardu is good at making emulators so his Snes emulator would clearly be the best!
>He never makes it.
>Even tells us in his emu readmes not to ask for Snesticle
>People move on
>Time goes by
>Person finds proof that Snesticle exist in a gamecube game that Sardu worked on.
>SNESTICLE WAS REAL!!!!

Snesticle was like a holy grail thing back then.
>>
>>3975084
Why didn't he release it if he had made it?
>>
>>3975170

No idea, you'd have to ask him.
>>
>>3968781
>Higan (used to be bsnes) is objectively the best
Higan is trash. bsnes v88 is the best. Same perfect SNES accuracy without Higan's library autism or increased focus on half-baked emulation for other systems.
>>
File: Kgen9804.png (12KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kgen9804.png
12KB, 640x480px
>>3974739

Ehm.. it's been a while, but yeah there was like Kgen (which later became Kgen98 and was later succeeded by Kega) and there was Genecyst.

Pic attached is Kgen98, was a pretty good Genesis emulator, though at the time I used to switch between this and Genecyst.
>>
File: genecyst.jpg (102KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
genecyst.jpg
102KB, 640x448px
>>3975431

And this is Genecyst.

So many terrible screenshots online,
I should make some proper screenshots sometime.
>>
>>3975409
Can you ask him for me? I'm shy
>>
Step one: Go to mednafen's site
Step two: see if the system you want to emulate is supported by mednafen
Step three: if it is, mednafen is the best emulator for that system
Step four: if it's not, you're fucked
>>
>>3966525
Higan
>>
File: Buddy.gif (43KB, 228x199px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy.gif
43KB, 228x199px
>>3975461

Can't, he stopped talking to me after I called him a lazy nigger for not finishing Disgruntled.
>>
>>3966525
>>3966532
>>3972713
>>3971559
>>3971373

Nice b8,m8. Get >>>/out/
>>
>>3975084
>>Person finds proof that Snesticle exist in a gamecube game that Sardu worked on.>SNESTICLE WAS REAL!!!!

Wot. Emufag actually got a nintendo jeb?
>>
>>3976608
>nintendo jeb?

No, EA.
>>
>>3975469
Step 5: Delete Mednafen from your system
Step 6: Decide if you want to go full autism with shaders or not
Step 7a: Get RetroArch if you want to go full autism with shaders
Step 7b: Get BizHawk if you don't want to go full autism with shaders
>>
The only correct answer is ZMZ. The godly ZSNES interface with a different core.
>>
>>3976707
>The godly ZSNES interface

What is "godly" in a clunky and pretentious interface resembling a tracker from the 90s? It might have been cool and whatnot back then, but nobody needs to put up with this these days.
>>
>>3977935
>a clunky and pretentious interface resembling a tracker from the 90s

You keep talking about that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>3977935
>It might have been cool and whatnot back then, but nobody needs to put up with this these days.
What's this board about again.
>>
>>3966590
You liked to me. It's 90% liberal shitposts.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.