[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peter Moore told Yuji Naka to "Fuck Off"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: petermoore1.jpg (22KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
petermoore1.jpg
22KB, 420x280px
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/peter-moore-talks-leaving-electronic-arts-for-liverpool-fc-w475540

>"We did a focus group here in San Francisco, I'm trying to think what year this would be, probably late 2001, early 2002, because I needed to prove to the Japanese that our brand was starting just to fade away. And so we asked the focus group, a bunch of 18-, 19-year-olds, a classic question, 'If a video game publisher was a relative or a friend, who would they be?' Ah, EA. Arrogant quarterback, 6'5”, walks in, gets the girl, nobody likes him, blah blah blah, but, you know, fills the room with his big personality, all that. I can hear it now. Rockstar. Ah – that's your drunken uncle that shows up from Vegas once a month with a hooker on his arm and looking for money and then he's gone again. He comes in and he's the life of the party for a little while, and then he disappears for a long time. Sega. Yeah, that's your grandad. Used to be cool, but even he can't remember why anymore."

>"We filmed all of these, right? I packaged this up, and I said, 'This is our our manifesto for the future.' So we make a huge presentation in Japan, and I said, 'We need to be incredibly aware of the challenges we face as a brand at Sega,' you know, and so I play the video. Yuji Naka, Naka-san, maker of Sonic, is in the room. Now, he and I have a love/hate relationship on a good day. And we show him this, and it's subtitled in Japanese, and when it comes to that piece he just [slams his hand on the table], 'This is ridiculous. You have made them say this. Sega is the great brand, nobody would ever say this, you have falsified!' He just gets in my face. So I said to the translator, 'Tell him to fuck off.' And the poor guy looks at me and says, 'There's no expression in Japanese.' I said, 'I know there is.' And that was it. That was the last time I ever set foot in there."

thoughts?
>>
File: 1438559018585.jpg (201KB, 1138x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438559018585.jpg
201KB, 1138x1080px
That's ridiculous in and of itself but it looks like this article has a lot more than just that.
>>
>>3911951
Just another part of the fall of Sega
>>
>>3911951
that's fucking hilarious but I 100% believe it.
>>
>>3911951
Well his strategy did work for the xbox right? Sega of Japan were fucking idiots when in came to marketing.
>>
File: 70701232.jpg (22KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
70701232.jpg
22KB, 500x281px
>>3911951
The guy who ruined sega with sports burger games,unlockalizing games.Untranslated EU release.The guy who alone killed JSF crazy taxi Panzer dragoon by selling them to MS when he leave sega.
The guy who is the main reason why sega got 3rd party.

told Yuji naka to fuck off.
>>
File: 41PFNVFABZL.jpg (23KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
41PFNVFABZL.jpg
23KB, 500x372px
>>3911974
Read the article & also do your homework - most of what you're saying is wrong.
>>
I don't blame him, SoJ meddling was almost always the root of the problem and from the sounds of it Naka was totally delusional by 2001.
>>
>>3911974
Yeesh thirdworld, you sound bitter. Time to get over it.
>>
If this isn't fake, then wow.
Naka wasn't wrong though, even if the videos weren't scripted, it's objectable to present a video with just a bunch of late teen kids from America talking stupid shit that sounds like a /v/ shitposting (fun shitpost, though, we should have "family memeber company" threads), not a serious presentation you make in Sega HQs.

Seriously think about this. You are Peter Moore and you don't give a fuck about Sega or video games or anything, you're just there to make money. You see the quickiest, easiest solution and that is to kill Sega and make it 3rd party, you go to fucking Sega of Japan and bother the higher ups to assist to your shitty meeting, only to show a shitty video of teenagers shitposting on camera about vidya companies. What the fuck?
And on top of that, you insult Naka, great.
>>
I wonder if that is how this was conceived
>>
File: segahq.jpg (100KB, 960x691px) Image search: [Google]
segahq.jpg
100KB, 960x691px
>>3911961
im telling you man someone should make a movie or something about sega when they were in the console market. the amount of shit they did is both hilarious and sad
>>
>>3912034
>Where's that DAMN fourth SoA president?!
>>
>>3911951
whether or not it's true, it's pretty believable

the japanese think they're flawless
>>
>>3912090
Right here mother fucker. No JRPGs allowed.
>if you don't count the american co-founder
>>
File: 98695.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
98695.png
490KB, 449x401px
>'Sega. Yeah, that's your grandad. Used to be cool, but even he can't remember why anymore.
>'This is ridiculous. You have made them say this. Sega is the great brand, nobody would ever say this, you have falsified!'
Holy shit, this is hilarious.
>>
>>3911951
Sega are the ones laughing now... highest Metacritic for 2015 of ANY publisher, Phantasy Star 2 pays for every single game because they make so much profit on it, bought Atlus the only company left making real JRPGs, just released two GOTYs within 4 months (Yakuza 0, Persona 5)

Sega is the best company in the entire industry. They're putting everyone else to shame.
>>
>>3912176
>Phantasy Star 2 pays for every single game because they make so much profit on it
who knew that a game from 89 could still generate so much profit
>>
>>3912193
PSO you know what I meant
>>
>>3911951
>So I said to the translator, 'Tell him to fuck off.' And the poor guy looks at me and says, 'There's no expression in Japanese.'

For future reference, that would go something like
>馬鹿野郎 【ばかやろう】 (baka yarou)
>"You imbecile!" / "You idiot-bastard!" / "Fuck you!"
>>
>>3912012
>If this isn't fake, then wow.

It isn't fake, it is also old as fuck.
>>
>>3912324
ふざんけんな is one that I've seen often used.
>>
File: 72.jpg (37KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
72.jpg
37KB, 581x581px
>>3912176
>Taking Metacritic scores seriously
>>
>>3911951
Big deal, I once told Miyamoto to fuck off.
I was at Wal-Mart and he was looking at some food in the deli.
I went up to him and was like, "Star Fox Zero sucked."
And he says, "Why you say that?"
And I was like, "You jap, bastards ruin everything!"
And he was like, "I no Japanese, me Vietnamese!"
But I was undeterred and knocked that arrogant fool, right on his ass. AMERICA! WOO!!!
>>
>>3912562
>user scores
>>
>>3912176
Sega is garbage and killed my favorite strategy franchises. Hopefully they go out of business for good soon.
>>
>>3911951
>Posting the same exact shit here because you couldn't get enough (You)s out of a ten year old kotaku article on /v/
>>>/v/373243516
Literally the same exact shit
>>
>>3911974
Sega of Japan has always been what hurt Sega the most. They still ignore the West, the only reason half their stuff gets localized is Sony.
>>
>>3911951
>comes from microsoft to sega
>gets to bury the dreamcast and move all remaining development to the xbox
>records a bunch of bonehead american teenagers saying bullshit to insult the japanese
>returns to microsoft to reap the rewards
>ends up in ea
What a cocksucker
>>
>>3912680
>They still ignore the West, the only reason half their stuff gets localized is Sony.
You do know the "Sega of Japan" of today is literally a different company from the one that was in the hardware business years ago?
>>
File: 1487893209176.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487893209176.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
>>3912634
Cry harder.
>Hopefully they go out of business for good soon.
Top kek, ain't happening. PSO 2 exists, and they're owned by the yakuza, Sammy could subsidize them for the next 100 years off pachinko profits alone

They just bought the best JRPG company in Japan, they're not going anywhere.
>>
>>3912634
lol relic went to shit before sega bought them
>>
>>3912176
>Atlus
>the only company left making real JRPGs

lol
>>
>>3912151
>Sega hired Bernie because of his success launching the PlayStation
>turns out his no-RPG policy was only holding them back and Sony publishes all of Squares titles immediately thereafter
>now the Saturn has even less games and is even further behind
>>
>>3912034

This is the game where Naka decided to leave Sonic Team during development, so probably.
>>
File: are you serious.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>3912176
>Atlus the only company left making real JRPGs
The hell are you even talking about.
>>3912012
You say that, but what happened to the Dreamcast again? Just because you had a strong launch doesn't mean you shouldn't have your ear to the ground.
>>
>>3913794
Just another retarded fatlus fanboy jerking off to his purse owner dating simulators. Shame because they used to make good games.
>>
>>3911951
sega died because of the nips, it's no surprise
>>
>>3911974
1:You're thinking of Bernie Stolar
2: It was Sega's internal politics mainly in regards to Japan being incredibly stubborn during the mid 90s that killed Sega, not not releasing a bunch of niche games that wouldn't have even sold well at the time

I get it man, Grandia on the Saturn looks amazing but it wouldn't have saved them along with a couple other really awesome looking games that stayed in Japan so stop putting the blame on Bernie he was just someone who got caught up in the shittiest situation and has now been the whipping boy of irrational fanboys for over 20 years.
>>
Sega died because Sony bribed the NFL, MLB, and NBA enough to have multiplat sport games, and Sega's strength against Nintendo in the west(sports games) suddenly went to Playstation as well as the Saturn, And Sony just did everything correctly including the things Sega did correctly PLUS having Squaresoft and Namco in their corner.

But yes, it was all about who got Madden and other assorted sports shit that had no business on any games consoles in the first place.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.