[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best way to profit from retro games? should I look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: illustration-cover-retrogaming.jpg (295KB, 680x460px) Image search: [Google]
illustration-cover-retrogaming.jpg
295KB, 680x460px
whats the best way to profit from retro games?
should I look for specific rare titles to sell at very high prices or focus more on getting large quantities of popular games? Also are they any web apps to track how prices are rising and falling?
>>
File: 1480899254132.gif (2MB, 449x266px) Image search: [Google]
1480899254132.gif
2MB, 449x266px
Get out pre-reseller.
>>
You'll make more money working at McDonald's. Or just sell drugs. Both are easier, too.
>>
>>>/biz/
>>
>>3747569
Play the games.

You'll be rich with happiness.
>>
File: 1474135002647.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1474135002647.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>3747569
>in it for the money
You don't belong here.
>>
>>3747569
just Nintendo stuff in general. Nintendo cucks always pay top dollar
>>
Just sell reproductions of rare games from Aliexpress on ebay. People here won't curse your name and want you dead because you're doing it and it's more profitable anyway.
>>
I'm wondering this not as a determined reseller, but as someone who's gotten good titles from wholesale lots and now I'm stuck with multiples of many games, or just games I'll never play. I might as well profit from them, at least marginally.

I imagine waiting for Christmas time of the year is worthwhile, but I'm not sure. Or maybe follow up on new releases with bundles, like when the Retron came out that's the best time to sell all of your duplicate games. Or maybe when a new Zelda comes out sell a bundle of Zelda stuff. People get buying fevers
>>
>>3747758
It depends on what title it is. Just being "good" doesn't mean much. Even rarity doesn't. Earthbound isn't rare by any sense of the word, merely uncommon. It's price has been greatly inflated by resellers. There are certain things that invite this behavior, for example almost any JRPG on SNES...

It's best just to look around eBay, see how many people are selling a specific cart and what they have the audacity to ask for it. Obviously if 20 people are trying to unload a cart for $200 you're going to have a harder time getting that much. All these sellers are too fucking greedy to figure that out.
>>
>identify retro game with novel mechanics
>flagrantly rip-off for mobile phones
>???
>PROFIT
>>
>>3747569
Buy high, sell low.
>>
>>3747569
maybe you should learn to program a game or just play them instead of trying to rip people off.
>>
I'm sceptical that reselling is even profitable, given the time it takes to make an ad, find deals, package your games for shipping, and then going to the post office to ship them.

It might just be a way of breaking even after making acquisitions for your own collection, which I suppose is worth it.
>>
File: defective_consoles.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
defective_consoles.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>3750004
On that note, I have always wondered about these defective lots. You can buy mounds of defective handhelds or cartridges for cheap, I just wonder what percentage of these turn out to be repairable. If you've got the skills I could see that as a profitable venue. And you're not even ripping people off!
>>
>>3750067
If you can keep a pallet of them at all times, successfully repair and list one every hour and only spend half a day a week getting your shipments out I bet you could make minimum wage or more!
>>
>>3750089
It might be more profitable to rip apart defective consoles/controllers and sell the parts individually.
>>
>>3747572
kek
>>
>>3747569
You are what's wrong with the retro "scene".
>>
>>3747572
I cannot stop laughing from that gif.
>>
>>3747569
You should start a YouTube channel about retro games. Gain popularity, perhaps by showing game play or screeching streams of obscenities in an autistic fit of confusion and rage (or maybe both).
Tell your viewers all about whatever game you're trying to unload this week and why they need to get their hands on it right now.
If people start calling you out on your bullshit, just dye your hair bright pink and invite your hipster friends over for a retro circle jerk.
>>
>>3747572
kek
>>
>>3747569
An underage faggot like you will never make any money that way. Forget all that and concentrate on your strengths. Every so often a fat aspie video goes viral and earns the person who films it thousands of youtubecents. Keep taking videos of your self and posting them until you hit the jackpot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.