[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fan translations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 765598678678.png (27KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
765598678678.png
27KB, 256x224px
I'm just now getting into fan translated rpgs from the SNES and genesis era. I've played the really obvious ones like FF and DQ.
what are some of the best ones that have been translated into english?
>>
>>3356938
see
>>3344260
Try Romancing SaGa 3 and Metal Max Returns.
>>
File: Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg (59KB, 200x354px) Image search: [Google]
Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg
59KB, 200x354px
>>3356938
Recently got a new fantranslation and its amazing
>>
File: 9957323352.jpg (27KB, 620x454px) Image search: [Google]
9957323352.jpg
27KB, 620x454px
>>3356938
Tales of Phantasia is pretty fun.
>>
>>3356982
I bet Arche fucks like a tiger.
>>
File: 675865796.png (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
675865796.png
16KB, 256x224px
OP here.
just started pic related. what am I in for?
>>
>>3358885
A good game with an overly cute art-style. My only gripe is with the linear structure that is a step down from the exploration of Monster World II & III.
>>
>>3356938
Samurai Showdown RPG Never Ever
>>
File: romancingsaga_town[1].png (26KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
romancingsaga_town[1].png
26KB, 512x448px
Romancing Saga, maybe too obvious.
>>
>>3358747
but she's got a chest like a washboard.
>>
>>3359203
romancing saga 2 is wayyy better
>>
>>3356979
Link? I just re-downloaded it again the other day with the older translation patch (I think), would love to check out the new one
>>
>>3359203
my favorite "where the fuck do i go" game
>>
>>3360779
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21199.0

Here ya go man
>>
This isn't strictly on topic, but there was a recently released FF7 retranslation project, called "beacause", that made the game much better. As in, you now can actually tell what the fuck is happening with the plot.

google beacause ff7
>>
Live-a-Live
>>
>>3361740
It was actually released on PC years ago. The PS1 version is the recent release, but it's still pretty buggy and one of the guys helping on it recommends waiting to play it.
>>
>>3356938
Fire Emblem (all of them, but especially Seisen no Keifu)
Romancing SaGa 3
Romancing SaGa
Metal Max Returns
Seiken Densetsu 3
Bahamut Lagoon

Just to name a few. There's TONS of others.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (33KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
33KB, 300x420px
Ys V
>>
Sailor Moon R Another Story
>>
>>3363970

That game is due for a remake really badly. But they are going to inevitably screw it up using the party system.

I was actually quite impressed with how much they copied off Zelda with it but then added the jump element to it and actually made it semi useful. It's such a shame they didn't put effort into developing that game further. Could've easily been a classic if they had a non-retarded story and fixed some performance and gameplay problems.
>>
>>3356938
Fire Emblem Thracia 776
Langrisser II
Der Langrisser
SMT II
There's also Tactics Ogre and Front Mission but there are later versions you can play.
Bahamut Lagoon and feda were pretty bad.

I haven't played the following but I hear they're good.
Treasure of the Rudras
Live a Live
Romancing SaGa 3
Metal Max Returns

I've barely heard anything about the following, anyone played them?
Energy Breaker
Emerald Dragon
>>
>>3363986
oh and seiken densetsu 3.
>>
>>3363970
I'm still waiting for my Celceta steam release.

Playing 3 right now, it's pretty damn fun.
>>
>>3364023
pirate the chinese release and use the english patch (and the exe mod to get past parts that otherwise crash). It'll never get a steam release, neither will 7, due to licensing stuff and xseed would never have JP audio in a game if they can help it so it seems.
>>
File: 15860_791084.jpg (2MB, 1476x1472px) Image search: [Google]
15860_791084.jpg
2MB, 1476x1472px
Play this, it's a fucking masterpiece that puts Square and Enix stuff of the period to shame
>>
File: snes_eternalfilena_front.png (172KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
snes_eternalfilena_front.png
172KB, 300x411px
>>3364256
Also this is pretty damn good.
>>
>>3364256
(And before i'm unavoidably called a retard, it is still published by Enix)
>>
>>3363982
Biggest problem is you can move in 8 directions but not jump and/or slash that way. Jumping in one 8-way direction, then slashing another way mid-flight, would have been really cool, possibly more useful than what later Brandish games let you do. The story's way better in the pre-production drafts, too, and it doesn't have the mangled Stoker/Foresta plot that Falcom plopped in late-game.

>they are going to inevitably screw it up using the party system
Falcom inevitably changes how Ys games play based on market conditions and historic trends. Notice how Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, Oath in Felghana, and Ys Origin all played using similar mechanics? And now we have a newer trilogy using the party system. Wait until Ys IX to conclude whether or not they'll stick with a party system for Ys V's remake (IX's likely coming before, just as Felghana was followed by an original title).

Also, Ys IV's remake was so different mainly because Falcom had never done an official version of the game they planned. Ys V wasn't realized even halfway back in 1995, so I expect Kondo and co. will have use an approach different from what Celceta got.
>>
>>3356938
Be sure to check Live a Live, it's damn worth it for the unusual plotline and different style.
Also, there's a recent patch that made each period menus and fonts different, which looks nice.
>>
>>3364263

I don't expect Kondo to understand. While the company is profiting now, he pivoted the entire company away from the PC platform and changed every game into waifubait party games except for their remakes. I would expect their Trails games to be that way but not Ys, but it's too late to lament that fact. But the Ys games is going to a full 3D approach of the party system instead of isomorphic view with actual jumping. Still, it seems worse than VI's system...

Celceta was different but it was expected, since they didn't call their title Mask of the Sun. I mildly enjoyed the exploration but the story and the mechanics are not really that enjoyable. I don't like how they had so many tracks from the two versions of Ys IV to pick for Celceta and Falcom still somehow half assed the OST still somehow.
>>
Seiken Densetsu 3 or what some people call Secret of Mana 2. It's really fun but you might want to look up how to use your stats for each character and changing them. Because the game never really explains how to do it so it's each to fuck yourself over by leveling wrong.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.