[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like to speedrun any retro videogames, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: metroid2clear.jpg (30KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
metroid2clear.jpg
30KB, 1280x1152px
Do you like to speedrun any retro videogames, /vr/?
>>
File: ilikethatjump.jpg (7KB, 200x130px) Image search: [Google]
ilikethatjump.jpg
7KB, 200x130px
>>3185483
Just Tomba 2.
>>
>>3185496
kek
>>
Donkey Kong Country 2.
>>
>>3185534
The glitches are weird as shit in that game.
>>
File: Contra.jpg (114KB, 604x528px) Image search: [Google]
Contra.jpg
114KB, 604x528px
I got pretty good at speed running Super Mario Bros 3, but started having trouble in the later stages, so I took a break from trying to speed run it.
I wonder how much skill I lost from not playing the game in a while? Maybe it's like riding a bike, were you never forget?

Also, pic related. Got to where I could beat Contra without getting hit, so I tried speed running it. Funny thing is, the final boss is where I start losing my pace. It's hard getting the hang of rapid-firing without using a special controller, and the last boss requires some pretty quick shooting.

Would love to speed run Breath of Fire III and the original Metroid, someday.

>>3185496
Those two need their own sitcom. Would watch.

>>3185534
>Donkey Kong Country 2
Oh, yeah? What's your best time?
>>
>>3185483
sure glad the reward for beating Super Mario wasn't the plumber in his underwear.
>>
I do but I just do it for fun and don't care for times.
I don't even use shortcuts.
>>
>>3185541
They're half the reason speedrunning DKC2 is fun as hell. The other half is the fact that the controls and the level design naturally allow for fast-paced gameplays.
>>
I used to do runs of ocarina of time with two friends. We would pass the controller between dungeons, and eventually had a (glitch free) route planned out and all had our own dungeons. I had the water temple, which I eventually got down to about 35 minutes. After several runs with them, I did a run myself and beat it in 6:30 flat, nowhere near any records. It was just for fun really, we never used any tricks.
>>
>>3185483
No, speedrunning is for faggots.
>>
>>3186426
>he couldn't git gud
Sorry to hear that, anon.
>>
Speed running is fucking cancer and done exclusively by faggots.
>>
>>3186578
Speedrunning is for people who want to challenge themselves in single-player games after they get boring when played casually.
>>
>>3186398
That sounds like so much fun. This to me is what speedrunning should be, playing a game for enjoyment, possibly as fast as possible, and having a great time.

>>3186426
>>3186578
Ignore them, they will only derail a possibly good thread.

Myself? I don't really speed run, but I do like the idea of optimizing game play and often incorporate some techniques I can do like forcing bomb drops in The Legend of Zelda, and basic movement strategies.
>>
If like a jrpg enough I try to speedrun it. Xenogears is a bitch.
>>
>>3186454
>he wasted days of his life repeatedly performing a series of glitches which even the most low-fuctionion autistic retard can learn
>>
>>3186784
>the most low-fuctionion autistic retard can learn
Show me an actual autistic speedrunner (not in the 4chan sense where OCD=autism).
>>
File: image.png (292KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
292KB, 450x600px
PRESS A + B TO GLITCH THROUGH THE WALL, REPEAT 100,000x FOR PERFECT FRAMES
>>
>>3186789
Bluegrass?
>>
>>3186793
Not a runner. He just spectates GDQ's.
>>
File: image.png (562KB, 954x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
562KB, 954x461px
>>3186789
See
>>3185496
And Bluegrass is a runner.
>>
>>3186807
>However, his runs are always flawed since his brain is to fucked up to even comprehend what the hell is going on in the game. Everybody in the room and in the chat thinks he has a great commentary over his runs. Too bad he doesn't realize that they're just toying with him and pretending to sympathize his sorry ass.

Not a speedrunner. Or a serious one anyway.
>>
>>3185496
>that top lip fedora
>there was a moment where he saw it in the mirror and thought it looks presentable
>>
>>3186801
Dude, what? He even has a twitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80tFBY-OKFk
>>
Used to be #1 at Panic Restaurant a long time ago. I'm like #5 or so now, since I haven't touched the game in a long time.

I run other stuff but it's not /vr/
>>
File: thefuck.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>3186853
>using his fingers to push the controller buttons
>>
>>3186784
Autists also like videogames. Guess you should drop the hobby so you don't get associated with them, huh?

>>>/out/
>>
>>3186890
That's least of his problems
>>
>>3186896
>>>twitch
>>
>>3185483
Super mario dx for the gbc, I emulate on psp and it's fun when taking a shit and see how many levels I can complete on a sit
>>
>>3186927
speedrunning predates twitch by decades, you silly nigger
>>
>can't have a good old fashioned thread discussing games we like to speedrun without triggered baddies and e-celeb whores shitting the place up

Thanks, Reddit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.