[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is gloriously difficult. You need an olympic medal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg (28KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg
28KB, 378x264px
This game is gloriously difficult. You need an olympic medal to beat it. What went so right?
>>
really
>>
Just the right amount of difficulty makes for the best seasoning. I'd argue only Gorilla Glacier is real difficult coming in the first time, but it'll likely take a while there getting to the next save point.

Ice Age Alley's barrel sequence is likely the largest difficulty spike in the whole series. I've been playing this game ever since it came out and still only make it in like 1/4 attempts. If you get completely stuck there's always the shortcut...
>>
Shirty collision detection
>>
There are a couple tricky levels but the majority of that is traversing the barrels

>gloriously difficult
>>
That part in the snow world where you didn't reach a save point after like 5 tough levels was bullshit
>>
CKD<
drah<
>>
>>3066304

I'm playing through it for the first time now. So far, it's difficulty is perfect. Not too easy or too hard. Whenever I die, it's my fault.

>>3068205

I do not agree at all. In fact, I'm actually quite impressed with the collision detection. It's much better than it seems like it would be.
>>
beat it when I was 12 yo, don't remember it being hard
>>
File: 1453782181159.jpg (28KB, 924x726px) Image search: [Google]
1453782181159.jpg
28KB, 924x726px
>mfw beat this game at the age of 4
>>
>>3068347
Beat SMB on nes at the age of 3
>>
>>3066304
It's not particularly hard, although i remember dying a lot as a kid on the mine cart level. You have to get the timing just right.
>>
I think DKC2 holds the 'gloriously difficult' title better.
>>
It's the easiest game on the SNES.

One of the best too though.
>>
I beat this game when I was 6 years old, OP is retarded.
>>
>>3068205
It actually has a really competent collision detection, get your facts right.
>>
m8 this game isn't THAT difficult
>>
Who do tryhard cunts feel the need to drop in just to say the game's not hard? It's absolutely ridiculous when we get to posts like >>3068372 proclaiming it to be the easiest game on the system when that is certainly not true even within the genre.

DKC requires precision platforming and offers a fair amount of challenging sections, I'd argue only DKC2 is actually harder in the series. Sure it's no Rayman, but unless you can't find pleasure in a game without it hammering nails through your scrotum I'm sure you'll have a decent challenge coming in for the first playthrough.
>>
>>3068450
>m8
>>>/int/
>>
It's not, I'm not fan difficult games and this one my favourite games, completed this many times
>>
>>3066304
difficoult isn't necessarily fun.
A game fan be difficoult and tedious or easy and fun
>>
>>3066304
>What went so right?

Not those unresponsive controls and floaty hitboxes, I can assure you.
>>
>>3068358
I wasn't even fucking born yet when I speedran through Pitfall on the 2600 in my mom's womb.
>>
>>3069063

Please elaborate on both of those claims because I think you are just trying to rile people up by making ridiculous statements.
>>
>>3069070

I got the high score in defender as a sperm
>>
>>3069063

I'm not sure what a "floaty" hitbox is, but the controls are tight. Press a to jump and b to run/attack. Everything happens instantly (obviously considered this game's challenge is derived from timing: the barrels, jumping on enemies heads, etc). You've probably heard these claims from /v/, right? Don't worry, they're nonsensical and false. It's a great game! You should try it, friend.
>>
>Difficult

Not really, there's a few difficult segments but I was beating this game when I was 5 years old, was my first SNES game. My only previous experience was on my NES which I had Mario 3, Jaws, Pro RC AM, and Karate Kid.
>>
>>3066342
Wasn't that Snow Barrel Blast? Whatever level in Gorilla Glacier that had the huge section of bees and barrels was the only level I had trouble with. Got lucky enough to find the shortcut when I was a kid, eventually went back to beat it without it just to say I did.
>>
DKC is not even that hard, the problem is inconsistent on the curve of difficulty. Snow Barrel Blast for example is harder than 80% than the levels than come after it. So you struggle in a level for 1hr, and then you get past 3-4 stages on a streak. Also i think funky flight shoul have appeared ALWAYS just before the world boss, and the candy save point at the middle of each one. DKC 2 and 3 are way more consistent.
>>
>>3069136
That's the name, yeah. I mixed them up.

Back as a kid I found the shortcut by firing too early from the second barrel I think.
>>
>>3069184
In DKC3 you can exit a world at any time to go save so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>3069084
Before I was even a thought in my parrent's minds I held the record as world's best pong player.
>>
>>3068347
>>3068358
My brother completed SF2 a few days before his 3rd birthday.
>>
>>3069019
Rayman isn't hard, you baby.

Go suck your bottle.
>>
>>3070117
which setting though?
>>
>>3070157
The easiest one but still, he was 2.
>>
I never really got the reputation for difficulty this game has. Even as a kid. It's harder than SMW, but not much. The boss battles are a complete joke.

2 is much harder, but it's mostly due to the goddamn Squawks levels. The final battle is also pretty tough.
>>
>>3070120
It's one of the harder platformers out there, shitlord. Feel free to mention some real hard ones if Rayman is oh so babby easy 4u
>>
>>3066304
it is gloriously difficult. Everyone here who is saying it isn't has beaten it like 50 times and knows every fucking level. the minecart level and stop-go fucked me up as a kid but now i can beat it in one try
>>
>>3070216
complete Rayman first and we'll talk other games m8 l0l no way, how bad can you be?
>>
>>3069136
>>3069256
If you rush through the barrel section perfectly you will see a blue balloon after the last barrel waiting for you. I didn't know about this until 4 years ago while watching the behind the scenes Rare video. I tried it on an emulator (i also found the short cut as a kid so I never bothered doing it the hard way) using a save state and it took me a good 25 tries to get the blue balloon.
>>
>>3070274
Been there done that, it was hard as hell
>>
I think it's on par with shovel knight for difficulty…
Challenging enough that you need to pay attention, but essentially a cakewalk.
Great games.
>>
>>3068358
>>3069070
>>3069084
>>3070114
Hello, Reddit.
>>
>>3066304
This is a joke topic, right? The game was specifically designed so that you could more or less sprint your way past all the levels.
>>
>>3066304
>float controls
>terrible hit boxes
>laughably terrible CGI graphics
>boring and uninspired level design

Shit game is shit. Rare could barely make a competent game with Nintendo holding their hand. When Nintendo finally dumped them, the became a shovelware factory.
>>
>>3069089
It's a dumpy game for faggot hipsters like yourself.
>>
>>3066304
Secret of Evermore is also a fine game.

No really, it is.
>>
File: 1421080274684.jpg (28KB, 305x323px) Image search: [Google]
1421080274684.jpg
28KB, 305x323px
>all those fucking leaps of faith everywhere
>>
>>3068347
I would have too but I was busy beating your moms ass with my dick lol fag
>>
>>3070612
>Shovel Knight
>Hard
It's like kids don't even know what that word means anymore
>>
>>3068347
Beat it at 6 months faggot
>>
It's not hard if I can beat it.
>>
tfw the nip left his 100% save file on the cart i bought from ebay
>>
>>3071143
Same here. The snowy barrels level took me forever though and was horrible gameplay. Something based on reaction alone is not good, just a single-button twitch reaction. I also beat it on an emulator on an LCD tv, I could swear input lag etc. was damaging it for me.
>>
>>3070807
Hi Shiggy!
>>
>>3070927
>He didn't beat DKC while still in the womb
>>
>>3071406
>>He didn't beat DKC while still in the womb
>not while still in your dad's balls
>>
>>3066304
I beat it. Not too hard.
>>
>>3070852

Name one. I'm serious. I don't recall a single one.

Oh, that's right, because there are none. You're just a /v/ user who wants people to feel bad for liking things that you don't want them to like.
>>
>>3070807

I don't find that any of these claims are true, personally! Someone else above said the same things but I couldn't get him to tell me why either. Would you care to explain, friend? I found the controls to be tight and response, the hit detection to be shockingly perfect, and the level design to be brilliant!
>>
>>3070812

I'm very sorry to have offended you. I just thought I'd try to have a discussion, but never mind.
>>
File: 1448856215993.jpg (705KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448856215993.jpg
705KB, 1080x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkRvgb27xnU
>>
>>3071745
I think it's just become this generic insult people throw at 2D platforming games they don't like. Unable to come up with anything they just say "collision detection", they probably think the pre-rendered 3d models lets them argue it anyway. I agree, the collision detection is perfect.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.