[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pat the NES Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 15

what does /vr/ think about Pat? I think he's pretty good, and his podcast is awesome. what are some of your favorite Pat reviews?
I like the Wall Street Kid one. -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7J92LVR-k

also, Pat is Mike Matei levels of sexiness
>>
>>>/v/
eceleb shit goes there.
>>
>>2976292

but there are Jontron, AVGN, and Arino threads here
>>
>>2976294
GCCX is an actual tv game show with effort put into it to actually complete the games and research the games.

Lazy youtube cancer cant compare and they almost never actually complete the games or know what the fuck they are talking about.
>>
File: videogames.jpg (37KB, 410x369px) Image search: [Google]
videogames.jpg
37KB, 410x369px
He's alright. He has a near complete NES collection and is fairly knowledgeable about retro games.
The insufferable hanger-on he does his podcasts with annoys me, though.
>>
Their opinions are stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtajiLLGWM
>>
>>2976289
I think that, in general, he's entertaining but he often has very hypocritical opinions in regards to collectors/collecting. his stance on repros is also comical, I have never seen anyone get so butthurt over them.

and don't get me started on that disgusting, unkempt, speech impediment-having loser Ian

HERE'S THE THING
>>
Another e-celeb thread? Jesus, it's almost as bad as those sonic threads the other day.
>>
>>2976328
Can I get a summery? I have no idea who any of the people are in that vid.
>>
>>2976335
>e-celeb
You say e-celeb like you hate your own life.
Its ok baby, you can enjoy videos you find on the internet, not all of them are shit like roosterteeth
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>2976363
I hope you see the irony in calling someone a baby for not liking a youtuber?
>>
>>2976368
>american not understanding irony
>>
>>2976371
Yep kid follows up with greentext. Saw that coming.
>>
>>2976335
So their opinions would be more valid if they were said on a TV show?
Do you also hate people on twitter? because thats peoples views and opinions on the internet, they are not worth your time right?

A documentary uploaded to youtube becomes trash, Right?

You should stop parroting things you see morons post on here in regards to what content others enjoy.
>>
>>2976402
New episode of Pewdiepie out?
>>
>>2976289
E-celebs are not retro games.

Le sage.
>>
>>2976328
>Their opinions are stupid
>Post the ONE fucking video where they have a valid opinion

The roosterteeth podcast shitting on Jeff giving Fallout a positive review with valid criticism while they're shilling it is not a bad opinion.

Most of the time Pat and Ian's opinions are shit. They say collectors are scum of teh earth but Pat and Ian are fucking collectors. They have this superiority complex, where everyone else doing what they're doing is bad.

>Resellers are the devil
>Oh... well, we give fair value for when we resell

>Collectors are the devil
>Oh.... well, we just buy what we want to play/use (Meanwhile, Pat's complete NES set sits right behind him)
>>
Something about his smarmy attitude bugs the shit out of me immensely.
Seems like a ripe, pretentious douche.
>>
The only good part of the channel is Frank. I don't understand how anyone could like the podcast. They seem so ignorant about every topic that isn't video games and spout opinions like college freshman.
>>
who?
>>
File: Youtube whores.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Youtube whores.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>2976689

>"do not post"
>posts this pic

thanx
>>
>>2976689

then send Arino to >>>/tv/

dont like it? dont post on it
>>
>>2976728
>arino
>youtube
get a load of this /v/ermin
>>
>>2976289
>also, Pat is Mike Matei levels of sexiness

Femanon here. Do all gay males have this level of low standards?
>>
>>2976728
arino stays in one thread. there are countless youtube cancer threads daily and spread across multiple threads
>>
>>2976762

Arino at least has a proper TV show instead of being a dime a dozen Youtube Scum.
>>
>>2976765
I think you mean diamond dozen.
>>
>>2976765

so if youtubers had a show on TV rather on youtube they would be allowed? what stupid reason is that?

>>2976762

so you want a youtube /vr/ general?

>>2976732

i love how you guys shit all over the board when someone posts a gen 6 game like >>2962697 because you love follow the exact rules, but Arino that doesnt have any reason to be here you guys get totally butthurt over it. I dont care if hes Japanese, if hes likeable (which he is) or MUH BOARD CULTURE, stop being such a hypocrites, and get this straight: if arino stay, then e-celeb /vr/ related stays in one single general. If not, then both should be expelled.
>>
>>2976289
Why people like theses shit e-celebs?
Because these fuckers made the skyrocket the price of games and winning money for people watching videos.
>>
>>2976294
Don't forget LGR.
>>
I like how you guys are treating Pat like he's some kind of expert on games just because he has a complete NES collection, ect. These two fags are just resellers who happen to get popular and you treat them like authoritative retro god figures
>>
>>2977045
>I like how you guys are treating Pat like he's some kind of expert on games just because he has a complete NES collection

Said nobody ever
>>
>>2977059
You've never read the comments on his vids.
>>
>>2977045
He is knowledgable enough about NES stuff, probably way more so than the average collector, but I've noticed he doesn't really know shit about snes, sega, or anything else really.
>>
No doubt the announced Game Sack hiatus is /vr/'s fault
Ironic considering the /v/ invaders obsession with calling things cancer, that they're the actual disease on retrogaming.
>>
Reseller scum. Like I give a fuck if he has a complete NES collection, the NES is nowhere near as good as the SNES or even the Genesis.

And just like all reseller scum, he isn't even worthy of licking the pebbles out of my shoe
>>
File: pap.png (448KB, 664x327px) Image search: [Google]
pap.png
448KB, 664x327px
>>2977517
reverse psychology?
>>
Some of his videos are ok some are just meh.
I like his podcast it sticks to some interesting retro gaming news and I like hearing the opinion from a general nothing special guy on current gaming news than a top celeb with an over inflated ego.
>>
>>2977534
Is he related to Frank? They look similar.
>>
I like their podcast (or at least the random video highlights that I watch). The only issue I've really had was when they complained about people not dumping prototypes. Pat is obviously a big game collector, so if publicly preserving old protos were really a big deal for him he could easily contribute to the cause. I don't have a problem with Pat apparently selling games while bitching about slimy resellers unless he's a scummy, deceitful douche bag who jacks up his prices or something.
>>
>>2976289
Stop shilling on /vr/ Pat. You're embarrassing yourself! Also, sage.
>>
>>2976289
He's ok.

>>2976368
>I'm such a mature and adult person, not like these young sheeple of today, I shall never use YouTube for anything!
wew lad, just come to terms with being an old stubborn fuck

>>2976418
Great adhom, superfam.
>>
>>2976689
>rebranding a /v/ image macro
You can't fool me, go back where you came.

>>2976734
Probably.

>>2976870
This might come as a shock to you but not everyone collects.
Also that shit was gonna go up in price no matter what, you're fucking naive if you thought NES games would somehow have remained under 20 for all that time.

>>2977045
>I like how you guys are treating Pat like he's some kind of expert on games just because he has a complete NES collection
I don't think anyone here did?
>>
>>2977068
>reading youtube comments
>on anything even remotely popular
You're doing this to yourself.

>>2977571
>unless he's a scummy, deceitful douche bag who jacks up his prices or something
There are people here who thinks charging 10usd for a NES cart is maximum jewery, always take these threads with a grain of salt.

>>2977589
>announcing sage
You're like a newfag from 10 years ago.
>>
Any spunk?
>>
He is pretty funny. Frank is cool as fuck. Ian has good stories from working at a game store.

Not bad at all
>>
>>2976289

he's fine, he is funny sometimes and inoffensive (mostly) when he goes off into the Land of Retarded Skits where so many of these people inexplicably choose to practice public self-harm

he seems to genuinely care about the topic and to be at least moderately skilled as a player, a critic, and a collector, which puts him above the norm among e-celebs

he has a consistently positive vibe, and he doesn't appear to be emotionally damaged
>>
>>2977521

Pat is a collector, basically the opposite of a reseller
>>
>>2977926
>you're fucking naive if you thought NES games would somehow have remained under 20 for all that time.
Go see the price after one these vidseo airing on jewtube.
I remember some trash games after AVGN episode gets a price up.
>>
>>2978453
Oh wow, nobody gave a fuck about Action 52 because it was trash, but then it turned out to be sort of scarce, which attracts collector tards like flies to honey, price goes up because only collectors would ever want that shit, nothing of value was lost.

Thank fuck I'm not an obsessive collector.
>>
>>2977926
>you're fucking naive if you thought NES games would somehow have remained under 20 for all that time
If told me 20 years ago the prices some of these NES bring in 2016 I would had laughed.

I still believe one of the main factors is how bad the gaming industry has become.
>>
>>2977521
NES>GENESIS>SNES
>>
>>2977558
Of course they're related. They're husband and wife.
>>
>>2978502
Depends on how you mean.
If you're one of those fags crying about how online connectivity, DLC and patches killed consoles, then go to bed.

If you mean how AAA titles are getting very homogenized, then yes I can say that's a bad thing (but it's not like this didn't happen before).

>>2978524
Who's the wife?
>>
>>2978556
Both DLC and AAA games are abysmal outside of Nintendo.

>online connectivity
That's fine. I think it's a great thing when not behind a paywall.
>>
>>2978563
There's lots of bad or trivial DLC but some companies use DLC as a means to sell full fledged expansion packs, like for XCom and New Vegas, etc.

I care little for AAA for the most part, the only AAA series I like currently is Far Cry, Saint's Row and I guess Wolfenstein can count, and I typically wait a year or so for price to drop, patches to be done, and if there's any DLC that looks good, etc.

I don't feel cheated bumming FC3 for free from my bro (log in with his account and install copy on my system, we do this back and forth a lot), or getting FC4 for like 30 bux new.

I don't give any fucks about the asscreeds, call of battlefields or dragon effects, so there's no problem for me when it turns out that oh no, these games turned out dogshit this time and I bought a season pass like a fooool!
(don't buy a season pass).

I'll probably change things up and pre-order Doom 4 like a good little slut because it looks like there's a chance it could be reasonably fun.
I might get burned but at least it's not a habit.
>>
>>2978603
>There's lots of bad or trivial DLC but some companies use DLC as a means to sell full fledged expansion packs, like for XCom and New Vegas, etc.

I can't take you serious kid. Nor the rest of your post. Pre order season passes? Just fuck off. The cancer of the video game industry right there.
>>
>>2978521
Mega Drive > Snes > Nes
>>
>>2978610
Notice the part where said I buy season passes? Me neither, because it's literally not there.

As for pre-orders, I literally said I'm making one exception.
Reading comprehension, much?

And are you going to say that all DLC is cut out content and repackaged old content? Because that's objectively untrue.
>>
>>2979059
x-cmon has a season pass, asshole. Sorry they call it a "reinforcement pack". That makes it better.

Fuck off.
>>
>>2976385
And using it wrong on top of that
>>
>>2976307
On japanese
>>
>>2979094
So the DLC (expansion) to Enemy Unknown was not an expansion, but a ticket to buy all the planned DLC?

Again, reading comprehension.
>>
>>2977958
>You're like a newfag from 10 years ago.
That makes him retro doesn't it Pat? Which is the purpose of this board, not your faggy shilling. Bye Pat!
>>
File: 1453867267206.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453867267206.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>2980146
>pointing out that announcing your sage or thinking it's a reverse bump is something newfags did back in the day means I'm Pat
Que?

>10 years ago is retro
Double-que?
>>
File: 2156678967867u56.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2156678967867u56.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>
>61 replies and 3 images omitted

Apparently no board on 4chan is safe from e-celeb cancer. I can't fathom why so many jackasses line up to circlejerk over this shit. Get a fucking life. All of you.
>>
>>2980998
>thread is full with mixed opinions, hate and "he's ok I guess"
>circlejerk
>>
>>2979520
DLC isn't an expansion. Just wow.
>>
>>2981017
Some DLC is for all intents and purposes expansion packs.
>>
>>2981034
A season pass is not an expansion which is what XCom has pre launch to be bought.
>>
>>2980998
why contribute to other threads or make actual good threads when you can just shitpost about youtubes? im being sarcastic.
>>
>>2981037
I'm talking about the DLC for Enemy Unknown, not the upcoming sequel.
>>
>>2981078
You probably have it pre ordered already with how much a fanboy hardon you have for DLC and this company it seems.
>>
>>2976289
Mike>>2976289
Mike Matei and sexy should not go in the same sentence. Seriously no.
>>
>>2981084
I don't, I don't even care about XCom, I was using it as an example of a game where a DLC was an entire expansion pack.
The later Fallout games are other examples, each DLC was like a full expansion pack.

You sure love projecting and putting words into people's mouth.
>>
>>2981961
Is this how you kids justify buying dlc season passes? Shout projection etc at other people?

I mean I know most of you don't give a shit regardless.
>>
>>2981798

oh hai James
>>
>>2981978
>DLC is the same as season pass
>>
>>2976307
wow, look at you, standing proud with Arino's balls in your mouth. CGCX is a great show, but it chews down simple info on many of their games, because the show targets young people; they have as much knowledge and research as any of the youtubers mentioned above, they simply display them in a methodic/ comfy japanese way. Plus, their channels aren't really about full playthroughs, you're making wrong comparisons altogether. And YOU don't get to decide who's shit goes here, buddy, nor do you speak for everybody in this board.

TL;DR: you're not the voice of /vr/, stfu.
>>
I can't stand him honestly. I'm subscribed because it keeps me up to date on gaming news. But holy shit is he retarded.

I can't stand when he talks about anything other than video games. Ian is a faggot too.
>>
>>2976481
This. So much this.

Thread/
>>
>>2976334
I WORK AT A VIDEO GAME STORE! MY OPINION IS ABOUT TO BE HEARD!
>>
>>2982802
/vr/ was fine before youtube threads started popping up recently. New threads should be about retro games first and foremost and if a youtube vid should happen to fit the topic post that. youtube channel specific threads should not exist because they contribute nothing but shitposting and No discussion of games. obviously I have no control and its just my opinion.
>>
Allright.
There is a GCCX thread, which is fair, but instead of two or three different threads, there should be only one based on e-celeb/youtube shit. Any other ones created should be either deleted or just ignored, and the person should be redirected to that thread.

That way, who is interested on the subject stick to that single thread, who isn't, just fucking hide it and don't have to worry for a long while.

How does that sound?
>>
Chubby Cherub...

I didn't know that the American version was called like this, I just played the game Obake no Q-tarō.
>>
File: 1452940107988.jpg (74KB, 587x478px) Image search: [Google]
1452940107988.jpg
74KB, 587x478px
The only retro reviewer I care about is Mark. He was there doing CGR when the internet was still in the dark ages, before Youtube cancer took over the internet. Unlike the eleventeen year olds screaming over Minecraft and entry-level shit, Mark actually does his homework and knows his stuff.
>>
>>2983026
I can't think of a better time for any of 4chan's boards, though. It's not really about the threads, but the people lingering here, and the influences they bring along. If most of the people here were a little more organized or respectful (inb4 welcome to 4chan/ underage/ etc) to each other, they could organize single threads about many of the repetitive stuff posted here.
>>
I like Ian, I wouldn't watch the podcast videos if he wasn't there. Come at me.
>>
>>2976294
Arino is TV star. So basically hes a professional. Theres big crew of people editing and helping him so theres a different values.
>>
>>2986602
Mark is my favourite, I don't mind James when he chills out on the shitfucking.
>>
Thegaminghistorian is god damned quality content.
>>
The long haired guy is a fucken faggot & ruins it.
I can't bare to watch Pat while that manlet dickshit fucks up everything with his shitty opinions & voice. He is Mr. Van Driessen.
>>
>>2986914
>talks about game
>price skyrockets to retarded levels never seen before

th-thanks
>>
>>2976334
>here's the thing
I've never realized how much he says that...my sides.
>>
>>2986979
>"I am incredibly insecure about my sexuality."
>>
>>2976289
You haters are gonna hate hate hate hate...
Seriously...Pat's just going to shake shake shake, shake it off...shake it off
Pat's the man...Ian is also good...anyone who puts themselves out into the court of public opinion deserves a trophy.
Frank is God, and a mystery of a man.
>>
>>2976289
Met him at SGS several times. He's a really nice guy who also has sense about him when it comes to trading games and whatnot. He knows a pretty decent deal in person as well, so it makes his videos more genuine knowing he actually knows this stuff and it isn't because he has it written on some script or something.

He's also a lot more toned than I'd have thought. Dude is decently burly in person.

So regardless of what I think of his videos, in person he was always a kind, personable dude who seemed to know his shit.
>>
>>2987003
>SGS

I mean SGC.

Pat was in the vendor area getting rid of extra copies of his games. They were all really reasonably priced, and tended to be around or even less than what you'd expect to get the game for online. He also went for trades too, and was talked to my brother and his friend for damn near 10 minutes, thanks to my brother having a copy of some Mickey Mouse game or something that went for nearly 100 dollars that almost nobody had seemed to have heard of and everybody seemed interested in.
>>
>>2987019
>around or less than what you'd expect to get the game for online

but you save on shipping :^)
>>
Does he have a nigger gf like De Niro?
>>
why is this thread still here
>>
Any FC games reviewer?
>>
pat's an unfunny nigger loving chad and ian's an obnoxious swj cuck who spergs out all the time but i still watch their stupid show every day lmao :D
>>
>>2988060
>chad
Why do 3rd worlders post on an America Chinese cartoon image board?
>>
>>2988063
/r9k/ meme, it's supposed to mean attractive male
>>
>>2988070
It's 3rd worlder slang, underageb&. Used by those kids with the crooked teeth on the other side of the ocean. And probably the Aussies. Idk.
>>
>>2987784

because the GCCX is up too.
>>
he loves his whores
>>
>>2986983
Still great content.

I don't care about prices. I have all the games I want and enjoy already.
>>
Funny. At least he is a NES fan and knows what he us talking about.

>I like Frank more though
>>
>>2988070
>/r9k/ meme
You should probably kill yourself.

>>2988076
You're thinking of chav, which is Britcuck slang for white trash.

>>2988184
Yeah, his content is gr8 m8.
>>
>>2988076
Well, whether you like it or not it's now part of the 4chan vernacular thanks to the Umpqua College shooter.
>>
>>2988586
Gaming Historian is pretty based. More than most people talked about in this thread.
>>
>>2988825
i don't need some preppy high school student to read wikipedia articles to me
>>
>>2976289
He seems alright. Can't watch his podcast though because of that cunt he does it with. What's the point of that guy?
>>
>>2989037
Cause everything he says is a Wikipedia article.

>you know what you are trying to talk about.
>>
>>2989052
PC engine. Retail stories. Pity.
>>
>>2987973
Please respond
>>
/vr/ sure has gone down the shitter.
>>
>>2976294
jontron is cancer. he just pretends to like old games for more viewers

this thread is shit

all ecelebs must die
>>
>>2989908
Please stop saying Ian knows the first thing about PC Engine. He's just some hipster fuck who goes on about SAPHIREEEE, despite it not even being the most expensive (or rare) PCE/PCECD shmup.

Also knows fuck all about retail, to be quite honest.
>>
>>2990712
Where did I say that?
>>
>>2990729
The first two words of your post. I'm concerned that you are having problems figuring this out because your post is five words long.
>>
>>2990734
He is there for PC Engine. Not he us an authority, master, know it all about it. Just there for PC Engine news and notes to be brought up. Pat wouldn't bring that stuff up.

Shut the fuck up. Can you even into reading comprehension?

He also works at a retro gaming store. So he obviously knows something about the subject dipshit.
>>
>>2990738
>>He is there for PC Engine
He really isn't. He knows fuck all about the system outside of name dropping a few rare shmups.

My grandma knows about the Super Bowl, would I recommend anyone talk to her about Football?
No, just like I wouldn't recommend talking to Ian about PC Engine stuff, or a 12 year old who watches dumb fucking youtube videos about NES games to know fuck all about NES games.

And no, he really doesn't know much about retail, and is a huge fuckin cunt about the current state of the market. He values his own appraisal of games rarity over what the market is obviously dictating them be, then will flip flop and defend his current pricing two sentences later. Not every doctor knows what they're doing, not every auto mechanic knows what the fuck they're doing, not every idiot who works in a used video game store understands the market too well.

So once again, if he has a passing knowledge about PC Engine stuff- why the fuck would you list it as something he knows about? I'm sure he knows what a hamburger is too you didn't list that you mouth breathing mongoloid.
>>
>>2990738
>He also works at a retro gaming store. So he obviously knows something about the subject dipshit.

You're serious aren't you underageb&?
>>
>>2990742
>>2990743
All this samefagging autism.

Gr8 b8 m8

>>>/v/
>>
>>2990743
>Subterranean Animism
Not retro.
>>
>>2976289
Hes' an idiot.
>>
DUDE i just realized pat looks like joe rogaine with a big old greasy afro lmao :D
>>
>>2991136
Rogan actually has a good podcast though.
>>
>>2990742
>Doctor needs a license
Must know something about the field.

>Mechanic
Must know something about cars or wouldn't have a job

>Used Video Game Store
Must know something about old games to have a job for 10+ fucking years dipshit.

How old are you? 13? 14? Are you mad he is getting a paycheck for shooting the shit and talking about games? Mad because he us getting a fucking paycheck for knowing about old games?

Grow up kiddo. 18+ site.
>>
>>2988825
Yeah, I watched most of gaminghistorian's vids. Not bad.

Far more palatable than Pat the Mongoloid Manchild
>>
>>2976289
Is this what SammyClassicSonicFan will look like in 20 years?
>>
>>2991223
Do you expect the cashier at your grocery store to know the difference between garlic and elephant garlic?

I'd doubt it.

>2016
>defending Ian

Ian is a dipshit, a fucking liar, reseller scum, and a fucking space cadet. The only reason I could see someone liking him is if they somehow related to his autism.
>>
>>2992060
My cashier knows the difference.

Keep shopping at Walmart and Gamestop kiddo.
>>
I find it highly hypocritical that Ian constantly denounces resellers while being a reseller himself.
>>
>>2989076
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>2994209
Is it really that complicated?
>>
>>2980989
underrated post
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (18KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
18KB, 426x240px
Who /BitHead/ here
>>
New CUPODCAST clips up.

Street Fighter 2 anniversary.

And wrestling junk.

Street Fighter 2 clip is good.
>>
>>2995794
About 16-18 minutes of content. Enjoy guys!
>>
File: PirateCrew.png (1MB, 1618x904px) Image search: [Google]
PirateCrew.png
1MB, 1618x904px
>>2986979
Fuckin' aye, I hate that weasily sumbitch. He interrupts Pat far too often.

Reminds me of this prick here in the middle from that "pirate king" episode of Archer.
>>
>>2986602
Mark is true, Mark is life, Mark is TRUXTON.
>>
>>2977517
i think you're right. Kinda sad because Joe is a great editor and dave has the sympathies. It was the 2nd best retro channel on YT after CGR. I hope they come back and get more support.
>>
NES exclusive collectors are the fucking worst most annoying retards. The "in-thee-ass" collectors are the problem causing the price bubble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps
>>
>>2996045
Says a collector who got into it too late.

Also sold all his games for Pokémon cards when he was a kid.

Cry more reseller.
>>
>>2977517
>No doubt the announced Game Sack hiatus is /vr/'s fault

How? Seems more likely that they just ran out of material.
>>
I can't watch him. He makes around 20 bad or pointless "jokes" for every 1 that is actually funny (which is usually barely funny). He's awful.
>>
>>2986602
I think ever since the Patreon thing he started abusing memes. I mean I watch him to get some fun and all but you gotta know when it's too much and you don't give out enough info about the game.

I also loathed the E.T. review, because I figured he could find a positive factor like any other game he reviews (even more since E.T. is actually good) but no, turns out he has a childhood trauma over E.T. and this makes the game bad. It was like seeing a childhood hero die.
>>
>>2996379
This. All that shilling they did on /vr/ didnt even help their shitty channel in the end.
>>
>>2996394
>E.T. is actually good
This meme needs to stop.
>>
>>2996524
Then Adventure is also bad, since it's basically the same game with a twist.

The truth is E.T. was rushed as hell and its many bugs/twirks prevent it from being an enjoyable experience but someone took care of all this:

http://www.neocomputer.org/projects/et/
>>
>>2995794
Pat and Ian, please go. We know it's you.
>>
>>2997612
Funny you say that but, there are New CUPODCAST clips on Youtube.

Blue n64 Clayfighter:Sculptors Cut fake

And a not retro clip. Pretty good clip though.
>>
>>2976289
He lives in my town, and has a large collection.
You know what that means.
>>
File: DSC01737_zps4b20d8f4.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01737_zps4b20d8f4.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
>>2986602
N E W J E R S E Y
E
W

J
E
R
S
E
Y
>>
>>2986602
TheGamingHistorian knows more than that scrub.
>>
>>2998665
Right.

>>2998666
>>
>>2998665
The GAY ming Histerian you mean
>>
>>2998669
Why ban trips /vr/? Don't want other boards stealing them?
>>
>>2998671
No I mean TheGamingHistorian.

He has good content. Knows his stuff. Entertains. Big 3 covered. Unlike your 13 year old self who, has no content, knows nothing, and is not entertaining.
>>
>>2996394
Did you even watch the E.T. review? He talks about how it doesn't deserve it's reputation as 'worst game ever' and how it was well-made and competently programmed.
>>
I love to listen to his Completely Unnecessary Podcast™ while I am out Game Chasing™.
Pls post Patreon and webstore!
>>
>>2998861
It should be clear as day it doesn't deserve its reputation, and I didn't also need to be reminded of "le 1983 crash" which I know verbatim, wasting valuable review time which also adds to that stupid shoutout he puts at the end. I just wanted to hear about the fucking game and I don't think he even knows anything about it but the primary objective.

>well-made and competently programmed

But it was not, or rather, not as it should have been, that's why you keep falling in those pits against your will. It could have taken a couple of seconds of googling to find out about this stuff but no, you fall into pits and my father brought me to the theaters where I expected Star Wars = bad game (but not the worst, I swear!). He flatout says he doesn't recommend it to ANYONE, and this rarely ever happens on CGR.

Mark fucked up with this review. Whether he has a genuine trauma from E.T. or just wanted to play it safe on his patreon crowd I don't know. But I was totally disappointed.
>>
>>2998929

Patreon is just one of the worst things to come out of this generations content consumers.

It looks really appealing as a content creator. You just straight up get paid for something you were doing anyway. Except now you have to interact with these mongoloids.

Most people are smart. They should realize that just adding that +1 to the viewcount should be enough support. I think we just have this new generation of people exiting highschool, getting paypal accounts and credit cards, and are getting rather loose with their Christmas money.

I see shit like Twitch and Patreon and it's all just mindless pandering. Absolutely, literally mindless. "Thanks for that 6.69 cent donation *RANDOM GUY*" and then back to whatever they were doing. Doing shit like "subscriber events" where they do something obnoxious like dye their hair blue.

Its also bleeding into youtube because everyone wants a piece. Mark doing ET because his backers wanted it. You can see the absolute lack of passion then, and even in some of his reviews earlier this and late last year.
>>
He's okay. I loved the flea market madness videos. In the podcasts he comes off a bit self-important when his viewpoints and observations aren't really that interesting.

The podcast is awful.
>>
>>2999428
I subscribed because I liked the punk videos.
Then I realized that the podcast uploads daily.
And I care about maybe a sixth of the topics.
And even then I don't care about their opinions that are about as informed as my own.
Unsubscribed soon after. I still check his channel sometimes to see if there's anything I actually want to watch.
>>
>>2999428

Is pat a typical liberal sjw?
>>
>>2999858
Not overly. Ian definitely is.

Pat is more just "normal guy" with "normal opinion" where this guy being mean isn't good, but he can see where he's coming from kind of thing.

Ian is full on fucking SJW to the nth degree. It makes the podcast unbearable.

Watching him defend Zoe Quinn for fucking around to get good reviews for her shit was disgusting.
>>
>>2976292
>>2976307
>>2976335
>>2976368
>>2976385
>>2976451
>>2976765
>>2976870
>>2980998
>triggered autist samefag
>>
>>2997573
>being fixed decades later as a downloadable ROM online excuses it from being a mess on release
If you had outright said "it's an ok game if you play a patched hack" then I would have never called you a memeing fag, saying just "ET is good" without explaining that you're talking about the hack is confusing and feels dishonest.

>>2999208
I think Patreon can be a viable thing for artists, and some kinds of channels.

Also, you gotta consider, ad revenue is sporadic as fuck on YouTube and it's REALLY hard to make any kind of substantial or consistent money on it, finally, Google takes almost all of the money you earn on ads. If you want to produce video content for a living, or you have a modest but by no means tiny audience, Patreon can help facilitate niche content that otherwise would have been greatly hampered or even non-existent if not for Patreon

I'll gladly give a dollar a month to ForgottenWeapons since there really isn't any other channel like that, and the things he wants to do can cost a bit of money.

I would however not give money to Pat, because I honestly don't think he's THAT good, and he probably has enough supporters already to even out whatever channel related expenses he has.

Now, there's absolutely parasites and shit content creators who use it, but I try to take the good with the bad.
>>
>>3000408
I think Pat gets like 1300 a month, but it may also be per video on patreon or two or three videos.

So that basically encourages creators to try and give people "bang for their buck" which is how you end up shit like Pat's channel being absolutely flooded with podcast content instead of shit people actually want to see, which is flea market madness and his NES Punk videos.

I also thing a critical problem is a lot of people want to do it "for a living" which almost always seems to backfire.

As great and appealing as it would be you eventually cross a threshold where it goes from being

>Passionate videos with a homey low quality production value to them

to

>High production value with a soulless quality to them.

Look at Jontron, he got popular, he got a set and his videos changed. It happens to pretty much everyone who tries to do youtube.

I think what people need to do is either work partime or fulltime, and keep it as a side project. That way you keep up the passion, you get a bit of supplementary income for your work, and you never really cross that threshold into being a "production".

I'm not saying I want to watch shit in like 240p. But when you see people with the full on sets, and studio's and what not then you know it just feels like it's sold out.
>>
>>3000437
>So that basically encourages creators to try and give people "bang for their buck" which is how you end up shit like Pat's channel being absolutely flooded with podcast content instead of shit people actually want to see, which is flea market madness and his NES Punk videos.
I do feel that his channel was basically absorbed by the podcast and flea market, yeah.
I guess it depends on what kind of channel one is looking at.

For a channel like ForgottenWeapons, donations and Patreon pays for ammunition, travel expenses, camera equipment, purchases for things relevant to the channel in general, Patreon and IndieGoGo really helped this channel grow and produce content it previously just couldn't.

I generally view it like I do Kickstarter, I think it can be a very good method to create projects and test new waters which would probably not have happened without. You get so much dumb shit, but that's just life, again, I try to take the good with the bad.

>Look at Jontron, he got popular, he got a set and his videos changed.
I honestly don't think they got worse, just different.

>It happens to pretty much everyone who tries to do youtube.
This is not true, some people never get anywhere, and some people manage to waver indefinetily around the middle.
Some are so niche that all Patreon can do is help facilitate their small and niche production, because there really isn't a much bigger audience out there for what they do than what they already have.
>>
>I think what people need to do is either work partime or fulltime, and keep it as a side project. That way you keep up the passion, you get a bit of supplementary income for your work, and you never really cross that threshold into being a "production".
Again, I think this depends, and again, I want to use ForgottenWeapons as an example, the author got permission to go through the inventory of the Rock Island Auction house and do presentations on interesting items.
It got to the point that they eventually got hired to do just that because it's basically advertising that people would be interested in seeing. Thanks to this he's actually getting paid for something he's interested in, which is relevant to his channel, and which also helps fund his channel as well as giving it content, literally all parties involved win.

I think it's probably not a particularly common example, but I do think it's a good example of how these things caj really have very good results.
>>
>>2976292
I don't know I wouldn't really lump him in as being an eceleb though.
He is a collectorfag like most of us on /vr/ and not
really that big of a YouTube personality.
They talk about /vr/ related things they being him and his friend Ian.
>>
>>2976289
>Pat the NES Punk

I don't watch these kind of shows. Does he play punk music or something?
>>
I hope he puts up something good today.
>>
>>3002073
tssss fawwkin homerun
>>
>>3002940
He upload anything good today?
>>
>>3003353
Retro VGS update/Caleco Chameleon (33 minutes long)

YouTube junk, not very long.

The retro piece is pretty good.
>>
He can be pretty edgy at times in his podcasts. Like I dont care that youre an atheist thats fine but Pat and his friend with glasses seem like they have a genuine problem with people who believe in God. He's probably had some bad experiences with over the top Christians which is understandable. His book that is coming out seems pretty cool, definitely interested in that.
>>
>>3000437
Hasn't pat pretty much stopped making videos overall because he was working on that book? at least he didn't go full spoony with the production times.
>>
>>3003658
No, he still makes videos.
>>
>>3003819
Seems like he hasn't uploaded anything but babbling on podcasts for over a year.
>>
>>2976289

PAT B SUKIN DAT DICCCKKKK
>>
>>2986746

i agree with this guy. i like ian more than pat to be honest. yeah, he's a bit of a hipster beer-guzzling stoner... but it seems like he actually has a life outside of video games and at least gets laid etc... pat on the other hand comes off as being quite douchey most the time and to be quite honest you only need to look at pat for 5 seconds to see the crazy in his eyes.
>>
>dat AVGN crossover episode
Pat has some rare shit.
>>
>>2976289

i don't give a shit what other people think of him, that nintendo championship video he did with avgn was excellent, in fact im gonna go rewatch it now
>>
>>3006254
>but it seems like he actually has a life outside of video games and at least gets laid etc

this is such a dumb statement i'm having a hard time thinking of a good response
>>
Scumbag Seller Of The Week!!

Amiibo sales.

Those are today's vids.
>>
>>2976289
>Recently, I spent over $1,000 on Sega CD and Saturn games

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this disease.
>>
>>3006994

that would be because you too also lack a life outside of video games and do not get laid.
>>
>>3007063
The Sega CD has no copy protection and the Saturn is easy to fool, why don't you just burn ROMs onto CDs and save on your wallets boypussy?
>>
>>3007063
I hope this disease spreads and kills many people who spend >1k on this shit. I hope we have a segaopticalicide pandemic
>>
>>3007110
Honestly that's just true. I'm a virgin and I do little that isn't related to the production or consumption of games. Even when I hang out with friends, we play video games.
>>
File: FRANK.jpg (367KB, 1734x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FRANK.jpg
367KB, 1734x2048px
kek
>>
Pat looks like this kid I used to know who was getting high all the time.

He looks like he does a lot of weed
>>
>>3009861
That was Ian, he also did a lot of acid in high school or something like that
>>
>>3009852
Man, I met Hillary at a DC convention back in 2007 and she didn't look so good even then. This is just scary. Hilarious Frank appearance, though, hope he sees this.
>>
>>3009865
Got it from his twitter, I just hope frank sees it
>>
>>3009863

yeah. Man fuck that kid. Complete burnout
>>
>>3009868
Seems to have turned his shit around, though he goes full SJW at times
>>
>>3009870

nah he's a wastoid still.

probably one bad jones away from selling his whole collection
>>
>>3009872
Seems to be pretty steady working at Luna and I think the only thing he really collects are gameboy games, even has a girlfriend I guess, I wish I were a normie sometimes
>>
>>2976334
he studders A LOT
>>
liked more when he made actual reviews and not just the podcast, but i still like him
6/10 overall
>>
as far as ian goes... pat has 2 friends and at least the podcast isn't with his perverted old friend frank...
>>
>>2995864
Archer is garbage dude
>>
>>3009868
acid is often seen as something its not, this is an 18+ website bruv, ya need to be 18 or older
>>
>>3010110
>tips fedora
>>
>>3009865
How did you make eye contact with her without her devouring your soul?

>>3009872
He's a pothead, not a heroin addict, he's not gonna get the shakes and start stealing, he has a decent job and earns a steady paycheck, that's more than enough to support a weed habit.
Bud isn't exactly a high priced commodity, you can afford a regular grass habit on social security, lots of worthless nachofiends subsist that way.

He's probably a pretty fucking lazy stoner a lot of the time though, toking begets slacker behavior.

>>3010076
Kinda this.
His sense of humor is a bit lame, but in a way, that's part of his charm.

>>3010110
Nobody asked you, Plebenstein's Monster.
>>
>>2978075
he can't even beat the mega man nes games, which are easy. he's hardly "skilled"
>>
>>3010420
His hatred for megaman is pretty hilarious to me. It comes off as being contrarian a lot of the time because Mega man is pretty commonly accepted as being pretty easy games, especially considering the NES library is full of a lot of excessively hard games.
>>
>>2976289
I make repros and I've actually sold a handful to Ian, granted, I disguised them in a rather large bin of generic games.

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even check if they were repros, it wasn't anything super uncommon, but it was popular (Megaman X, Mario Kart, etc).

Serves that kike right for knowingly fucking that guy over with his NWC cart. It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another thing entirely to know you unintentionally fucked some guy over, and did nothing to rectify the situation.

I bet he got a % of that sale to Pat.
>>
>>3010851
How did he fuck someone on an NWC? never heard that one
>>
>>3010879
He bought a bunch of games from a guy and "didn't have time to go through it" so he just gave him an offer and the guy accepted.

Later when he went through he found the NWC, and since it's fucking law to take the sellers information (to prevent fraud, and catch theft) he had the dudes information, and instead of calling him and arranging to return the game to him, or make another reasonable offer for it, he instead called Pat and sold it to him within 2 days.
>>
>>3010810
>It comes off as being contrarian a lot of the time because Mega man is pretty commonly accepted as being pretty easy games

>>3010420
>he can't even beat the mega man nes games, which are easy. he's hardly "skilled"

Mega Man games are known for being challenging. Have you guys ever even played one?
>>
>>3010890
>>3010879
And I know, you're going to argue

"It was a sale, and the property legally changed hands"

This is true, but Pat and Ian so often like to discuss Ethics on the Podcast, and it's quite clear that Ian has at least once done something absolutely scumbaggy to someone to forward his career, and self, which is no different than the "scumbag seller of the week" they parrot.
>>
>>3010908
Mega man 1 is known for difficulty.
2 and 3 are cited as the best, but they aren't that difficult outside of being unable to beat certain bosses if you run out of special weapons (crash bombs mostly in MM2)

I own every single Mega Man released on console (including a Power Battles arcade board) and have beaten them dozens of times.

They are not hard.
>>
File: 1455851416560.png (171KB, 409x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455851416560.png
171KB, 409x750px
Pat is great, really entertaining. My only problem with him is he complains about resellers but he resells all the time asking for loads amount of money. Also him bragging about owning NWC Gold and Grey is annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrntYxB92GU

That being said, Ian is the absolute worst. I listen to the podcast for Pat and whenever Ian talks I want to punch him. Ian also shills LUNA GAMES every other sentence.
>>
>>3010920
Pats channel used to be interesting but now its just a place for the podcast to live.

And if you hate Ian (which most people seem to, unless they autistically relate to him) then you may as well unsubscribe from Pats channel.

It's made worse by the fact Pat has a patreon, yet does nothing except the podcast and focusing on his stupid side projects.

What Pat -should- be doing with that Patreon money isn't writing a book of reviews. It should be actively trying to review every NES game in the Pat the NES punk style. It would take a long ass time, but that is a worthy end goal.
>>
>>3010890
>>3010851
>>3010909

>muh morals

In way, you sound just like butthurt Social Justice Warriors or Gaters.
>>
>>3011006
More like anti-hypocrisy.

Ian and Pat shit on resellers while being resellers themselves. They shit on people selling CLEARLY LABELED REPRODUCTIONS, while Pat fucking owns shit like Mr. Gimmick.
>>
>>2987973
Here.
>>
Get out of here... pat is nowhere near senpai matei sexy.
>>
Guy looks like sai baba
>>
>>3010890
HAHAHA damn that's pretty scummy for a guy who talks shit on resellers, and im sure pat didn't mind either after hearing the story.
>>
i think his podcast is great. sometimes he noticeably smokes too much pot, but so does Mike from cinemassacre. i see it in their faces.
>>
File: 1454747268785.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454747268785.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
I meet him once a year at Portland,OR Retro gaming expo.He is nice,but at the same time he's a complete asshole and always leaves me feeling like "why did I even bother saying hi to him?"I blame all the faggots who have Asperger/Autism who make him a complete asshole.
>>
>>3012303
How is he an asshole? I've never met him, so I am seriously asking what gave you that impression.
>>
Where can I watch Matt the SNES drunk? Sage
>>
>>2987973
GameDave reviews some obscure Famicom stuff. His style might not appeal to some, but from what I've seen of his room and the stuff he reviews, I'd say that you can tell he is a genuine enthusiast and not a fad-hopper.
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.