[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not even FF6 is safe from Square-Enix's greedy jew hands.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: ff6-steam.png (806KB, 994x575px) Image search: [Google]
ff6-steam.png
806KB, 994x575px
Not even FF6 is safe from Square-Enix's greedy jew hands.
>>
Is it even Squeenix that makes those ios->Windows ports?
As far as I know they aren't even available in Japanese.
>>
Except for one or two non-retro franchises, I like to pretend Squeenix died with the release of FFXIII
>>
>>2843325

Implying it didn't die with the release of a fucking MMO.
>>
>>2843295
To be fair, you can play the original on PC since decade.
>>
>>2843565
FF XI was good though.
I agree it shouldn't have been called XI though, they should have just called it Final Fantasy Online
>>
>>2843325
XIII was just the natural progression of X.
>>
Did someone at Square come up with this recent model of 'HD' to compete with emulators? I can't fucking believe how bad these look.
>>
>>2845997
XIV is also pretty good. Not as good as XI but definitely fun.
>>
>>2846015
X was good though, XIII is "LOOK AT MY WAIFU!", "LOOK AT MY WAIFU AGAIN!", and "MY WAIFU RETURNS!"
>>
>>2846016
I want to punch whoever thought those were acceptable sprites. Its like the sprites have pixels 1/4 the size of the background's pixels, so you've got these high pixel-low detail poorly shaded sprites that look like shit on the basically blown up background layer from the SNES that at least has its shading in tact.
>>
>>2843295
This is old, we had rows threads long about Android.

Please don't revive this shit, we already knew it would be worse than V on Steam because it was worse on mobile.
>>
>>2843295
Somewhat related to FF6, but which "localization" hack for 6 on the SNES is considered the best?

There's Woolsey's Uncensored and the Relocalization on RHDN that seem to be the two most recommended. It seems the only difference is if you like the SNES script or the GBA script more, but I figured I'd ask for a more detailed comparison.

The only version of 6 I've played was the GBA version years ago, but I've been wanting to replay it on the SNES now that I have a flash cart.
>>
>>2846073
TWU is exactly what it says on the tin for the most part. It's the original localization brushed up in parts where it needed it. As well as spell names, grammar fixes, fixed up version of the original font, complete uncensoring, etc.. There's bugfixes as well but they're few and optional. If you want more, you'll have to add them yourself.

Relocalized isn't just GBA. They also took parts from the original (Sandworm etc.) and both direct translation efforts (one in text, one is the Sky Render version of the JP version). It ends up with all the characters having as much to say as possible consistently in character, and it also has a fuckton of bugfixes inside. The font isn't the best looking, but it's better in motion (IIRC the main text actually uses VII's font.)

/vr/ tends to like TWU more. IIRC they both have everything including final Kefka uncensored (which was just recently found).
>>
>>2846078
Huh. Alright, then. I think I'll go for the relocalization version, even if the font is kind of ugly.

I take it for 4 and 5 the best hacks would be Namingway and Legend of the Crystals respectively?
>>
>>2846082
Namingway at this point is the best out of IV that you want. If you're wanting lest scrunched up names you can check out Project II which this was based on, but it's about the only thing it has over Namingway.

I'm not sure about V myself, I haven't checked out all that Legend of the Crystals touched up text-wise.
>>
>>2846083
*less
>>
>>2846083
From what I can see with V, it's just the fan translation with awkward lines either rewritten or replaced with the GBA's text, so it can't be all bad.

I'll give it a shot and let you know if anything seems off or out of place with how it's worded.
>>
>>2846029
>>2845997
XIV is pretty good.
Wasn't at launch, but they famously turned it around.
>>
File: disneydnr.jpg (398KB, 1834x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disneydnr.jpg
398KB, 1834x1080px
These HD updates look like fucking ass. Square is like Disney fucking up HD.
>>
>>2846303
Looks beautiful to me.
>>
>>2843295

The worst part is that not only do these remakes look worse, but it's utterly pointless. There's no new detail. It's just the same but worse.

>>2846016

Square just threw something together with some farmed out team on a weekend to sell on Android. They then decided to sell on Steam as well because why not?
>>
>>2846303
Jesus Christ, that's awful.
>>
File: themanyadventuresofwinnie[1].jpg (678KB, 1557x1152px) Image search: [Google]
themanyadventuresofwinnie[1].jpg
678KB, 1557x1152px
>>2846303
That's not even the worst part. They cropped some of the remasters because casuals hate letterboxing/pillarboxing.
>>
>hey know those old games that looked bad because of the graphical limitations of the time
>well, we are slapping on better graphics lol

>why

>money
>>
>>2846440
What kind of retarded argument is this? ALL video game companies are about making money.
>>
>>2846437
Where the fuck is the right one from and why does it look so good?
>>
>>2846078
I prefer Woolsey Uncensored. That font is really ugly and I grew up on the original US translation. But for IV I'm torn. The PSP offers decent graphics but I guess Namingway or Project II work if you like the original graphics.
>>
>>2846437
hunty you are an idiot. first of all yes, they cropped it, but if your weren't queer, you would see that they also open matted it. Anyways both is wrong. The only correct one is the OAR of how the director intended it to be.
>>
>>2843295
If wanting to make money makes you a "jew" then literally everyone in the entire world is a "jew".

>>>/pol/
>>>/tv/
>>>/m/
>>>/s4s/
>>>/v/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: 1417484926947.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417484926947.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>2846437
>tfw it's impossible to watch Seinfeld and The Simpsons on TV anymore without the episodes being cropped
>>
File: fddfad37c062.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fddfad37c062.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>2846303
Shit like this is exactly why I love Blu Rays from smaller companies. Just scan the film at 1080p, clean it up a little bit and call it a day. Hand drawn animation with all the film grain intact is a thing of beauty. It's a shame the Disney movies have to suffer this treatment.
>>
>>2846437
>>2846835
>>2846845

People seem to think that since the three stories in "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" were originally featurettes, that they were not meant for widescreen. The three featurettes were released theatrically in 1966, 1968, and 1974 respectivly and played with theatrical matting of about 1.75:1
They were not meant to be shown in Fullscreen, just like Titanic was not meant to be shown in Open Matte 16:9 as seen on the 3D Blu-Ray
>>
>>2846859
>>2846437
wtf why are there winnie the pooh nerds in /vr/
>>
>>2846881
You're on a board dedicated to old games.
>>
File: 02.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>2846881
Titanic OAR (Original Aspect Ratio)
-Perfect Composition-
That's how the film was envisioned, planed, and shot, regardless of any current tweaks.
>>
File: 01.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>2846897
Titanic (16:9 Open Matte 3D Blu-Ray version=
-Flawed Composition-
The lack of composition and mile of headroom in the 16.9 version looks atrocious.
>>
lmao @ those fucking sprites man looks like one of those malaysian rpgmaker games that sells on steam for $0.12
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.