[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NA or EU/JP soundtrack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (185KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
185KB, 1280x800px
NA or EU/JP soundtrack?
>>
>opinion thread

Kill yourself
>>
>>2812241

Fuck you faggot.

>>2812228

JP by a nautical mile.
>>
>>2812246
Nothing in this thread will actually impact the OP

It's futile nonsense manufactured to force disagreement over subjective bullshit
>>
NA

JP version is some blippy boopy BS that doesn't really fit in with the earlier games' soundtrack. Maybe the smug animeposters like that but no thanks.
>>
>>2812246
I prefer some of the NA Tracks over the JP ones, but it's easily the Japanese one for me too.

I wish the Steam version let you choose per level versus one or the other at the main menu.
>>
>>2812274
>>2812246
SEE WHAT I MEAN
>>
>>2812228
Both are good, some versions of some songs are better in the JP release but for once the US release isn't complete shit when compare to the original music. This doesn't only apply to video games, I mean look at Bruce Falconer's DBZ soundtrack compared to the original Japanese score, its MUCH better.

Best NA Sonic CD Track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_SooYyd5Z0
>>
File: sonic-ghetto-pussy.jpg (54KB, 276x279px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-ghetto-pussy.jpg
54KB, 276x279px
>>2812228
JP. US version is well composed, but pretty boring.
on the other hand, I'm massively into early-90s electronic music, so I'm biased
I think the funky JP sound fits CD's neon-colored, overly geometric looking stages way more than the US soundtrack.

oh, but Sonic Boom is massively better than You Can Do Anything (mostly because the lyrics in YCDA are retarded, I actually love the melody)

>>2812274
>JP version is some blippy boopy BS that doesn't really fit in with the earlier games' soundtrack.
I can see someone not liking the JP soundtrack. It's got a bit of that early 90s rave sound to it (some songs much more than others, e.g. Palmtree Panic Bad Future JP), which is a bit obnoxious.
but I also don't see the US CD soundtrack really lining up with the Sonic 1/2 soundtrack

>Maybe the smug animeposters like that but no thanks
that literally has nothing to do with anything, m90, take that kind of shit to >>>/r9k/
>>
Both, but it depends on the level.

>JPN Soundtrack
Palmtree Panic Present and Bad Future
Collsion Chaos Good Future
Tidal Tempest All
Quartz Quadrant Good Future
Wacky Workbench Good and Bad Future
Stardust Speedway Good and Bad Future
Metallic Madness Bad Future

>US
Palmtree Panic Good Future
Collision Chaos Present and Bad Future
Tidal Tempest None, but I do like Present and Good Future.
Quartz Quadrant Present and Bad Future
Wacky Workbench Present, but I do like Good Future
Stardust Speedway Present, but I do like both Futures.
Metallic Madness Present and Good Future.
>>
>>2812228
Jap version all the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9BkHG7IZM
DESTINATION JAGUAR SATURDAY KNAPSACK!
>>
>>2813386
"Waaaaaaaaah Teleportation Yeah! Waaaaaaah Dabba do dah dah"
>>
File: 1375642567127.gif (42KB, 780x487px) Image search: [Google]
1375642567127.gif
42KB, 780x487px
jap soundtrack is great, especial the themes that have to do with eggman.

however the eu soundtrack fits a bit better and sounds more like sonic, but it isn't complete thanks to reusing the japanese past themes. so you're pretty much stuck with the jap ost.
>>
>>2812282
>Claimin the DBZ US Soundtrack is better than its Japanese (and original) counterpart.
Nigga you crazy
>>
>>2813726
>however the eu soundtrack

EU got the same soundtrack as JP, it's US you're thinking about.

>fits a bit better and sounds more like sonic

No it doesn't.
>>
>>2812228
TELEPORTATION, YEAH

>>2812274
>JP version is some blippy boopy BS that doesn't really fit in with the earlier games' soundtrack
....wut?
>>
Sonic Boom is still the best Sonic song produced.
>>
>>2812228
They both suck.
>>
>>2814704
I cant tell, from these only three words, that you're a shitty person.
>>
>>2814654
I don't like the vocals of either version's theme song.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoE8xsBFyYg

TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR
O
O
T

S
O
N
I
C

W
A
R
R
I
O
R
>>
>>2812352
>Metallic Madness Good Future
>US
The bongos, they hurt.
>>
JP for everything except the opening song, Stardust Speedway BF, the Special Stage theme, the speed shoes theme, and Wacky Workbench BF, but only the soundtrack version of that song.
>>
>>2812276
>I wish the Steam version let you choose per level versus one or the other at the main menu.
You can probably customize it/mod it yourself

I wish the remaster had "You can do Anything" and "Cosmic Eternity"
Goddamn fucking gay music rights
>>
>>2812282
Faulconer is shit and doesn't fit DBZ at all...that's just nostalgia speaking

Shunsuke Kikuchi with Orchestra >>>> Failconer with shitty cheap synth
>>
>>2820462
I think Cosmic Eternity is a country mile better without the the lyrics.
>>
>>2812282
>I mean look at Bruce Falconer's DBZ soundtrack compared to the original Japanese score, its MUCH better.

Holy shit, I like the US Sonic CD soundtrack (although I think the JP one is better, the track you posted I like on US better).

but fuck, that US DBZ music is atrocious, doesn't compare to the original japanese score.

I respect your nostalgia, but I'm sorry, no.
>>
>>2820465
I disagree with that
The songs feel very empty without the vocals

Yeah the lyrics are cheesy as fuck but it's Sonic after all
I also like the rapping from Casey Renkin and the singing from Keiko Utoku
It always makes me feel like a kid again...I dunno

Now Sonic R...there's a soundtrack that just sounds way better in it's instrumental version
The songs sound like they were composed originally as instrumentals songs but at the last minute they turned them into vocal songs and it just sounds so off(on the other hand "Your my Hero" from Sonic 3D Blast sounds good cuz it really feels like it was composed as a Vocal Song)
>>
JP is better.

NA had some funky tracks too, though: https://youtu.be/gDbBMh71J38
>>
I take it back, Wacky Workbench past is same for both versions. JP wins.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.