[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Masuda says the games are getting easier and easier because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 15

File: what is this bulshit.jpg-large.jpg (96KB, 720x810px) Image search: [Google]
what is this bulshit.jpg-large.jpg
96KB, 720x810px
>Masuda says the games are getting easier and easier because he doesn't want kids to quit and put the game down

>Implying that Pokemon somehow wasn't for kids from the very beginning

Can we kill Masuda?
>>
>>33502623
>Implying that Pokemon somehow wasn't for kids from the very beginning

I don't think that's what he was implying. I think he was implying that kids' tastes have changed.
>>
>>33502639
Oh, okay. So should I kill a bunch of kids instead?
>>
I mean we didn't have smartphones as kids. He's right about kids playing mobile gaming more than video games
>>
File: 1482722798813.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482722798813.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>b-but it's hard if you turn off exp share, don't use healing items, don't heal at pokemon centers, only use shitmons, don't use strong moves, and don't use megas/z-moves
>>
>>33502623
Didn't they say they always think about the hardcore audience as well? USM will probably be harder. I never see kids get the 3rd/sequal versions.
>>
>>33502648
Obviously the answer here is yes
>>
>>33502623
From what I've seen in interviews Masuda doesn't know what he thinks, he tends to give a lot of nonanswers
>>
It's not just the kids that are the problem
The whole mobile/smartphone games explosion introduced a new group of people to video games. But since, in general, those game are either easy as shit, or they are easy as shit until you have to pay to win, when those people (kids and adults) try a to play ""real"" game that isn't suited for the mobile gaming industry, and get their asses beaten, they prefer to quit rather than trying again since they're used to win without effort. And since this group of people is pretty large, big company try to make their game accessible to these people
Just search for that game journalist that struggle for 26 minutes to complete Cuphead's simple tutorial, and then write an article about how people who play video game "fetishize" skill, and how it is a problem
>>
>>33502639
if he cares so much about kids tastes then he should make a mobile version of the core games that is compatible with pokemon go
>>
>>33502679
>>b-but it's hard if you turn off exp share, don't use healing items

These are perfectly acceptable limitations though. Don't fucking set the battle style to switch, and I'd argue not to use megas either. You are just bringing it on yourself if you choose to use that shit and whine about the games being too easy. Did you whine that Bayonetta 2 is too easy when you yourself refuse to choose anything harder than the easiest difficulty because "WHY WOULD I LIMIT MYSELF HURRR"
>>
>>33502679
The old games are only hard if you do all that so yeah checks out
>>
File: Battle of Wits.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Wits.webm
2MB, 640x360px
GF should focus more on making the games interesting over easier if they are so desperate to keep people's attention from phones. Basically, make a game so entertaining that people would rather play it than use their phones. Of course that's a lot easier said than done, but I stand behind my opinion.

>>33502728
That video is such an embarrassment to humanity as a species.
>>
File: thumb_COLOURBOX3017577.jpg (20KB, 212x320px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_COLOURBOX3017577.jpg
20KB, 212x320px
>>33502842
everytime i even see the thumbnail for this shit it hurts
make it stop
>>
>>33502756
I want to be able to use the pokemon I want and play the game as intended without it being a fucking pushover. If GF was smart they would just add a fucking difficulty setting already.
>>
>>33502896
They did once, but they fucked up the execution and instead of working to better themselves and improve it in the next game they removed it and didn't bother trying again because they're lazy fucks and don't give a damn.

Every jrpg worth its salt has a difficulty option in this day and age, but Gamefreak don't care.
>>
>>33502907
Of course they don't care. Gamefreak could sell a literal pile of shit, but it would still sell millions and get at least 7's or above in review scores.
>>
>>33502623
You are talking about the review about the battle frontier?
He is right you know, childrens doesn't care about that, so he made the delta episode instead
>>
>>33502623
>oh we made these games easy so they hold kids' attention because there's a lot of easy mobile games out there
Fuck you, kids aren't looking for a mobile experience with this. They already put down 200 bucks for a 3ds for fuck's sakes
>>
>>33502896
Why would you need a handholding feature in a game with a difficulty as customizable as pokemon?
>>
>>33502896
So just turn the Exp share off
>>
>>33503155
that doesn't fix shitty AI or movesets. or add dungeon puzzles
>>
>>33502756
>These are perfectly acceptable limitations

No they're not. The player shouldn't be the one who has to balance the game.
>>
>>33503434
Shitty AI and movesets are intentional, and necessary. Kids need to be able to beat the game. If every six-year-old who picked up the game was stopped because Gym Leader 3 keeps pulling out strategies that are too complex for young kids to get, the series would lose all of its younger fans, and eventually die out.

As much as it may be boring for you and I, it's the correct decision to keep the main game beatable by literally anyone, and save the more complex strategies for the postgame.
>>
>>33503449
Ask for yourself
>>
>>33503496
Thats why we want difficultly OPTIONS you dipshit.
>>
>>33503496
Let it go
He is retard
>>
>>33502896
>and play the game as intended

You are not the only target audience, they do want to make the game's accessible to wider audiences, and it's so fucking easy to just impose some limitations. Fuck people who just spam full restore after full restore after full restore until the opponent misses and then cry about easiness. Fuck people who set the battle style to switch and then whine about difficulty when they literally give themselves an advantageous type matchup every single time.

It's "playing the game as intended" if you were to withdraw a level 10 arceus with optimal moveset, and fully ev trained from pokemon bank and beat the game with that. Just stop being a baby and have some self control. I've been turning exp share off since it ruined my first playthrough of X and I've been a lot happier. Without grinding usually even wild pokemon are higher level
>>
>>33503640
>You are not the only target audience, they do want to make the game's accessible to wider audiences

Literally every other video game company in existence accomplices this with difficulty options.

Stop sucking Gamefreak's dick so hard.
>>
>>33503662

difficulty options are retarded in turn based RPGs. All it does is raise the opponent's levels and force you to grind more. If you're a stupid undisciplined shitter who still spams full restoers, sets the battles to switch, and whose team is mega rayquaza, shiny mega metagross, primal groudon, mega latios, mega sceptile, and mega salamence, a slightly higher level curve won't change much. Turning off exp share does the same thing.

>oh but maybe gamefreak's hard mode should mean that they will alter every single team of every single trainer in the game and increase the AI,etc.!

Why should they go through all of that extra effort for some retarded manchild who can't go into the options and turn exp share off (and playing with exp share off is playing as intended or else they wouldn't give you the option.)
>>
>>33503781
This
Thread closed an archives
>>
File: 1450412820102.png (170KB, 268x393px) Image search: [Google]
1450412820102.png
170KB, 268x393px
>>33502623

>Masuda says the games are getting easier and easier because he doesn't want kids to quit and put the game down

>mfw the games become too easy that kids put the game down
>>
>>33503781
>There are people with their tongue so far up masuda's fucking sphincter that they reply to any requests for improvements or additions that improve the target audience with "Only a manchild would want something dumb like that"

Level ranges aren't the only thing they could change. They could give trainers megas or z moves, they could make poison damage you outside of battle again, they could incorpate a badge linked level cap that litraly forces you not to overlevel etc

But there's no point in me saying this is there, you'll just scream that I'm a manchild and that Gamefreak don't need to bother.

Why do I even use this site.

I can't even be bothered to argue with people like you anymore. Have a good day.
>>
>>33503868
>they could make poison damage you outside of battle again
That's not difficult, just fucking annoying.
>>
>>33503868
They could do 100000 different things but this game cost 40€
>>
>>33503868
What, you weren't getting enough agreement in this thread so you had to start a new one?
>>33503546
>>
>>33503912
Actually I made that thread BEFORE I commented in this one. The guy commenting about difficultly before wasn't me, but I saw you retards replying to him and made my thread.

Here's your (You) though
>>
>>33503868

I'll try to be a little more rational then. I kind of understand mechanics changes like poisoning not hurting you outside of battle. I thought it was annoying but if you enjoyed it I'll accept that as a legit criticism.

But who cares if a trainer has a houndoom or a mega houndoom? As soon as you get a free switch to send out a palkia or some shit, it won't be able to scratch you either way. Like I said some mechanics are BUSTED I'm not denying that, and the only way for gamefreak to get around their own busted crutches is to make the trainers in game equally busted which would be a mess if they didn't balance things for every player to have a team of legendaries

>they could incorpate a badge linked level cap that litraly forces you not to overlevel etc.

That's what the new experience gain curve does. If you try to get overleveled even gym leaders pokemon start giving out paltry exp amounts. Badges level limits prevent you from importing over leveled pokemon, not neutering your own team. What if some kid didn't know about the level cap and exp share brought their entire team over the cap and they got stuck because their entire team was disobedient?
>>
>>33503868

What if their difficulty mode merely changed some mechanics like poisoning hurting you outside of battle, and making battles have tournament style rules (no healing items during battle and battle style is always set to set). Also exp share only after elite 4

It would depussify some mechanics and force you to play by the same fair rules as the trainers (rare trainers that use healing items like full restores won't be able to use those either)

Sound good?
>>
>>33503995
>poisoning hurting you outside of battle
How is this a difficulty level thing? All it does is force you to carry a few incredibly cheap items with you. It increases inconvenience, not difficulty.
>>
File: N.png (748KB, 720x640px)
N.png
748KB, 720x640px
>>33502907
Even BW2's difficulty setting was half-assed. The only trainers that actually got substantial changes were Gym Leaders and the E4, everyone else just gets a boost in level numbers, which arguably makes no-grind runs easier since you get more exp for beating them
>>
>>33504075
That, and the mechanism for unlocking it was asinine.

I love B/W2, and they're easily my favorite games in the series, but damn did they drop the ball there.
>>
File: 2017-06-02-21-06-27.png (1MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02-21-06-27.png
1MB, 1919x1079px
>>33502623
>wants more priority for kids
>he even knows that most Pokéfans are past 17 yo
We must kill him.
>>
>>33504148
Got a source on that, or just talking out of your ass?
>>
>>33504162
The fact that the games have devolved into nothing but genwunner pandering? Have you even played the games?
>>
>>33504185
So yes, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x360px)
image.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>33504185
Looks like Pokemon was never good

There's a lot of reasons people could use regarding Gen V (or VI) onwards' quality drop, but "genwun pandering" is such a half-assed reason, yet people constantly bring it up as if it has merit.
>>
>>33504198
If I'm not wrong, almost 80% of the people that bought XY in Japan were past 20 yo.
>>
>>33502728
>fetishize skill
>>
>>33504075

Gamefreak doesn't even want difficulty options because then it just shines a bigger spotlight on how they are too greedy to add multiple save files.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>33502623
>Masuda thinks kids are as braindead as game journalists
>>
>>33504238
Source?
>>
>>33502728
>>33502842
Oh dear. I guess he editorialized like that because he didn't want to admit he was incompetent at his job.
>>
Does anyone have that pol with the age ranges of people who bought the Pokemon games?

It was posted here last week, but I didn't save it.

One interesting thing was that more people aged 18+ played BW then kids
>>
>>33502623
Masuda said kids changed though.

>>33504237
It does though. Difficulty isnt the only thing that matters in quality. Direction matters. And making your actual fans feel like second to people who not only dont like the franchise but aren't even playing the game you are is not good.
>>
>>33502623
>Can we kill Masuda?
No, "we" can't.

I won't stand in your way though... Just sayin'.
>>
>>33502649
He's wrong though because it's one thing if people play on their phone because it can and it's there, but no one is buying a dedicated gaming system and wanting to pay 50 dollars for a game with less content than an F2P mobile game which is what S/M is on the verge of being.

He's either retarded for not seeing how backwards he's thinking or he's lying because it's really just about them wanting to do as little as possible and still rake in the cash.
>>
>>33503640
>Fuck people who just spam full restore after full restore after full restore until the opponent misses and then cry about easiness.
>Fuck people who set the battle style to switch and then whine about difficulty when they literally give themselves an advantageous type matchup every single time.
>if you were to withdraw a level 10 arceus with optimal moveset, and fully ev trained from pokemon bank and beat the game with that.

I don't do any of those things, and neither does most of /vp/, which is why you constantly hear about everyone complaining about how casual the games are you retard. It isn't that fucking hard for gf to give npcs a few more pokemon, megas, z-moves, evs, ivs, and non shit movesets. Pokemon is one of the most well known and popular video game franchises in the world, they have the money and resources to make the game a little more difficult. We shouldn't have to be the ones to make the game harder. Jesus christ stop trying to justify gamefreak's laziness
>>
>>33502907
Ironically calling someone lazy is the laziest form of criticism
>>
>>33502623
>fills the game to the brim with extremely dull text dumps
>>
>>33507045
Well its a good job I wasn't doing it ironically isn't it.
>>
>>33502648
Of course
>>
>>33502753
get this guy a job at game freak.
>>
>>33507252
There is already proofs than Pokemon SM will be compatible with Pokemon go
>>
>>33504291
My ass
>>
>>33502954
>truth

the fans who blindly go and order both versions of the game THEN have the gall to complain, they are the cancer that is killing of the series, because they are enabling Gamefreak's shitty, lazzy, half assed development habits.

Have some fucking self control and don't buy the game then cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]
>>
>>33503021
>customizable

gamefreak shill go fuck yourself.
>>
>>33506029
>he's lying because it's really just about them wanting to do as little as possible and still rake in the cash.

this. I haven't brought a game in years because I wan't gamefreak to actually buck their fucking ideas up. Wish other people had the self control to abstain from purchasing this lazy shit.
>>
>>33507513
The games continue to sell extremely well and receive pretty good critical and fan reception. Why the fuck would they change anything?

You're basically saying a multi-million dollar brand should have its flagship series cater to the tastes of a bunch of basement dwellers. And I'm not saying I disagree with you. Their last few games have been mildly disappointing. But I'm saying Game Freak sees nothing wrong with what they do, because on paper, there honestly isn't. Pokemon is the Goose that lays golden eggs. You don't kill it because a few people want a different shade of gold.
>>
>>33507552
most reviews are just bullshit and seem paid off. Objectively these games are quite badly designed and smack of unfinished rushout.

I guess thinking they might have a shred of artistic integrity or actual love for their fans is too much to ask.

How is better performance and QOL changes just catering to basement dwellers? You telling me the festival plaza was a welcome change for all? That sputtering frame rates aren't an eyesore to everyone?

What you shills don't get is that adding features doesn't change the core crapfest that everyone seems to lap up. Adding a battle frontier/difficulty options doesn't take anything away from anyone. So stop acting like a few cheeto crumb autists are just REEEING all day when you fucking know thats reductive.
>>
>>33507598
We get it, you don't like Pokemon
It's time to move on with your life
>>
>>33507604
>in the end you show, your shill is showing.
>>
>>33507604
>Anyone who criticises anything about the series just doesn't like it lul
>>
>>33507615
He said he didn't bought a game in years
Coming to a Pokemon board to complain kind of show was he is trying
>>
>>33507640
haven't brought a game because its not worth my money despitevthe acclaim they get based on nostalgia-pandering marketing and paid of/nostalgblind reviewers.

>thinking spending money= being a fan

You're precisely the cancer I talk about because in your unwashed autistic head, you think you need to keep buying this shit in order to still be 'a fan' or whatever fuck goes through your shill-addled brain- whereas I am not supporting a series I am invested in as a fan, probably for life now (they own me) because not purchashing trash games is the only way I can hope for change but it seems most fuckers don't understand that and continue to enable Gamefreak's shitty practices.
>>
>>33502753
This. Fire Emblem Heroes has already proved to be a monetary success where it's made more money than PokeGo despite downloads. GO really needs to be something kids can play more and maybe Pokemon can finally have some challenge for once on consoles.

The only problem here is they probably wont do it because money talks at Nintendo and TPCi
>>
>>33502623
>le pokemon games were ever hard meme
>still pretending easy and piss easy is any different
>>
File: 1499867244744.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1499867244744.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>>33507651
>everyone's an idiot but me
You're in a thread about Masuda talking about casualizing the Pokemon experience because of children. They don't care whether you're still interested or not, they're marketing this to children that is their demographic. Unless you're popping out kids every release, you're shitposting on a board dedicated to Pokemon right now so I doubt you are, you're not going to affect their sales whether or not you vote with your wallet. You want attention for being a contrarian, I get it, but how the fuck do you come to a board based on a single game and call us all shills? We all bought the game, we've all been playing for years, we all shared our disappointments, it should at least be called circlejerking. We've all had this conversation since Gen 3. You're not redpilling anyone. No one gives a fuck about your opinion and we all know you own every 3DS and every Pokemon release (or at least pirated Gen 6 and 7), dipshit. Here's your fucking (You).
>>
>>33507907
>I haven't even played gen 7
>have a young cousin who was literally BORED of Sun and didn't even complete that shit so if some kids aren't even engaged by it why the fuck should anyone else be.

>I want attention
says the one actually calling someone else out for having opinions and calling them a contrarian.

>playing games knowing you will be disapointed.

Hey thats your fucking problem. Like I said I can still be a fan and engaged with the franchise without having to fucking purchase or play their shit.
>>
>>33507907
>No one gives a fuck about your opinion and we all know you own every 3DS and every Pokemon release (or at least pirated Gen 6 and 7), dipshit.

you assume this when its actually probably you, projecting. I own a 3DS XL I've had for about 3 years, whichi got in a bundle with Kid Icarus Uprising and I brought X because I hadn't played a game since platinum and was interested in Fairy type, and my cousin said he'd buy Y for us to play together. Almost instant buyer's regret of X and I learned my lesson after that and haven't brought one since.
>>
>>33507907
>No one gives a fuck about your opinion

Why do you visit a Pokemon discussion fourm if hearing other peoples opinions triggers you?

If you want a positive only circlejerk go to reddits pokemon board.
>>
>>33507994
GF No gives a fuck about your opinion
>>
>>33508015
Show me the place where I said I think Gamefreak cares about my opinion.
>>
>>33507651
I didn't anything about you being fan or not, I couldn't care less
Just because you were full retard the whole thread doesn't mean you need to do it again
>>
>>33508038
I didn't say*
>>
File: 1357743594028.jpg (116KB, 400x400px)
1357743594028.jpg
116KB, 400x400px
In the age of the smartphone demographic where the games have been mostly easy and casually designed for play, they have a small point. One against many others that don't realize that kids/adults play smartphone games specifically to waste time, and the less average consumer buying a game is more willing to put more time and effort into it because that is specifically what they want from Pokemon. If they didn't want a game that requires a slight level above basic amount of thought, they would pick the lowest common denominator. While the hard truth is there that times are changing and the userbase that came in from mobile games is quite large, at the end of the day we all suffer since making games easier isn't just hurting sales, it's hurting the consumers in a way that it makes them literally retarded. And I know I just used the word 'literally', but I am dead serious. There was a study done that the easiest games handed out to people actually inhibits brain function, because if you don't start thinking of solutions to hard problems, your brain starts to rot from disuse.

tl;dr, easy games are actually making us more retarded in both sales and consumer average difficulty
>>
>>33503017
Both of my nephews got 3DSes for their birthdays, picked them up a couple times, and haven't touched them since. Yet they almost ALWAYS have their mom's phone in their hands playing Angry Birds or whatever; it's been that way ever since they were like seven. They're preteens now.
>>
>>33508183
Your Nephews are part of the problem, hold on, I'm coming to kill them.
>>
>>33508188
H-hey now...w-wait a minute anon. Let's talk this out.
>>
>>33507299
>There is already proofs than Pokemon SM will be compatible with Pokemon go
and yet, SM has been out for a year.
>>
>>33508060
Yeah, there's some truth to that. Video games do offer the potential of a good workout for the brain. And it goes beyond puzzle-solving; it could be as simple as figuring out the best, quickest route in something like Metroid or the collect-a-thon nature of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie.
As a kid, i can honestly say I was bad at planning ahead or remember to backtrack to a previous area after getting a new power-up. But as I played and replayed, I actually developed that skill and have a much easier time as a result.
>>
>>33502679
well the turn off exp share deal holds up
>>
>>33508188
I'd try re-educating them first. They're young enough that there's still time.
>>
>>33508284
I don't know anon. You're either truly dedicated to gaming as a kid, or you never will be.
Two boys i babysit every now and then are into gaming, with the younger one being a true natural at it (the older one gets easily frustrated and prefers games like Minecraft).
>>
>>33504304
I always believe /pol/.
>>
>>33508296
That's true of anything, really, but since most parents don't know anything about video games themselves, they have no idea how to guide their kids.
>>
>>33507907
>>33508038
It's autistic posts like this that solidify my thoughts that if the only way to improve Pokemon is not to buy, then main Pokemon games are doomed.

Not even the guy you were arguing with. Just another disappointed Anon.
>>
>>33504304
Kind of makes you wonder if it's actually us—the veteran/adult fanbase—that's keeping the franchise afloat. Questions are: are we the majority/biggest consumer group, and do we have THAT great an influence?
>>
>>33503496
in 2000 at 10 years old it took be about a week to beat whitney
kids can deal with it
>>
>>33508395
Stay disappointed then
>>
>>33508558
Maybe I will. Enjoy your shit games, friendo.
>>
>>33508275
I just want the original experience share back.
Every change to the experience mechanics after Gen IV was a mistake.
>>
>>33502623
this is retarded.

why the fuck is there no pokemon game as of yet that has a choice of difficulty settings?

that way everybody could be happy.

normies, casuals, retards and kids play on easy-mode.

average gamers who aren't hardcore players but still fine play on healthy average difficulty.

autists, /v/, hardcore RPG fans with memorized spreadsheets and /vp/ play on hardcore difficulty.

problem solved.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.