[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Route Layout and Trainers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Regional Route Design.png (349KB, 1432x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Regional Route Design.png
349KB, 1432x1190px
Cooked this up today after seeing a thread about routes. Discuss.
>>
Bad. Why are trainers even a measurement? Sinnoh's not just a maze, it's a mess. Hoenn had far from too many trainers. Johto by far more what you seem to say Kanto is.
>>
>>33443303
Well duh Hoenn had far from too many trainers. That's why it's not at the sxtreme mate.

>Johto by far more what you seem to say Kanto is.
"no"
>>
>>33443206
>kanto
>"complete maze"

Many of those routes were really straight, that one fence route is just an outlier.
>>
>>33443206
It'd be "too many trainers" and "too few" you illiterate fuck.
>>
Alola looks more and more like a mistake with each passing day. USUM better fix that shit like they did with B2W2 Unova.
>>
>>33443314
He's right though. Johto's routes had more branching paths and stuff to them than Kanto's. Look past your biases, man.
>>
>>33443908
I thought they were talking about the number of trainers, honestly, where that's a resounding no

>>33443881
cool
>>
>>33443206
What the fuck even is the Kalos region
>>
>>33443206
Anon, literally every one of those maps should be on the left half of the diagram, maybe one or two (Johto and Kanto) belong in the middle. Pokémon has always been linear.
>>
>>33443206
Somebody didn't beat all the mini-boss trainers on each route in SM
>>
>>33444867
Even then, SM has the least amount of regular people of any game except for maybe Gen I according to the region demographics.
>>
>>33444882
Has more than Gen IV from what I've checked.
>>
>>33443206
>Complete maze
>Any pokémon map

Do you get lost when going to the store irl or something?

Also Alola has a good amount of trainers like any other map.
>>
>>33444918
To be fair he also couldn't be bothered to google any of the actual routes in any of the games to see how many trainers there are. SM is actually very high making nuzlockes fun
>>
File: vpruined.jpg (63KB, 603x611px) Image search: [Google]
vpruined.jpg
63KB, 603x611px
>>33443206
AHahahah fuck off sinnohfetus, your game is still shit.
>maze
>kanto
All routes are straight as a hair, same goes for your shitty sinnoh.
Don't even try to fed us this shit.
Hoenn was way less linear than Kanto and Sinnoh, both as routes and progression.
Stupid faggot.
Don't even get me started on the trainers because you are PLAIN WRONG with them and you can check that on any pokémon site.
Die in a fire as soon as possible, you are cancer for this board.
>>>/out/
>>
File: regions.png (71KB, 1301x653px) Image search: [Google]
regions.png
71KB, 1301x653px
>>33443314
Almost top is an extreme.
>>33445422
Kanto's a maze in design. Progression is simple. Sinnoh has a lot of backtracking, doesn't it? It being the largest region in the slowest environment doesn't help it either.
>>
>>33445648
It's more about routes than region because you know which city is next and it's not a problem to find a way to it
>>
>>33443206

No region is a straight path OR a maze. Any sense of non-linearity in these games in an illusion. The map design may be more or less simple between generations, but there's never actually any choice as to where to go next (Kanto excluded, and that's more due to shoddy region design than any intended branching).

People like to complain that some regions are too "linear," but every region is completely linear. Having to backtrack every so often doesn't change that. You're really complaining that the map has a simpler design, and that's a pretty minor detail to get so bent out of shape over.
>>
>>33443206
>Alola too little trainers
[you]
>>
do people really think Alola had a lot of trainers?
>>
>>33445903
>to get so bent out of shape over
why do people assume everyone they are talking to is angry?
>>
Stats on the trainer count? I call bullshit on Alola being the lowest.
>>
>>33445938
"Bent out of shape" doesn't necessarily suggest anger. More like irritation or disappointment, or really any negative feelings in general, which is what people usually intend when they complain about "linear" regions.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.