[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the community like before verlis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Curious since during the times of X&Y the community didn't have that much drama compared to nowbe ever since verlis first drama video regarding shofu and smogon that led to his witch hunts and anti hacked mons. I'm just curious like before verlis started shit what was the communities opinions about legal hacked mons?
>>
Why are you talentless fucks always trying to stir up fake drama? Can you not handle having your hacker friends called out for cheating in a children's video game tournament?
>>
>>33423534
jesus Christ i'd love to fuck his ass
>>
>>33423560
I love how this furfag steered his fans to think that people hate him only for exposing hackers. It's literally the least significant reason for all of the hate
>>
>>33423534
Who is verlis?
>>
>>33423688
The keemtar of Pokemon
>>
>>33423534
We could find out again, if idiots like you would stop posting about him. He gets off on attention, positive or negative. So just ignore him and stop posting about him.
>>
>>33423724
*Keemstar
>>
>>33423724
That means literally nothing to me.
>>
>>33423534
Verlis is just a smaller part of the larger issue.

Youtubers are all attention whores and drama queens. They all think no press is bad press. If someone starts shit with them it generates page/video views.

Verlis, GCP, PIMP, Tamashii, TheDex, Silver, and every other one. All faggots and cancer.
>>
>>33423534
Back in 2010-2012 everyone was chill playing Gen 5 and doing online battles. They still played a lot on carts even with showdown and pokémon online. I remember watching FlamingSpade and there was one spanish dude (I think) that was really good and played pretty much everyday, but I don't remember his name anymore.

Smogon started going downhill with some BW2 decisions and the franchise went as well with XY.
>>
>>33423806
I think that was killernacho
>>
File: 1503846971709.jpg (489KB, 604x624px) Image search: [Google]
1503846971709.jpg
489KB, 604x624px
>Child neglect and abuse is OK if drugs made them do it
>>
>>33423879
>Child neglect and abuse is OK if drugs made them do it
Wait what?
>>
>>33423890
Replied to the wrong thread, yeah.
>>
>>33423894
Uh, what thread was that meant for?
>>
>>33423898
This one
>>33420209
>>
>>33423738
>what is google
>>
Verlisify did nothing wrong. He snapped back when Smogon harassed him, but Smogon, the spindoctors they are, spinned and twisted the story to make Verlisify look like the bad guy. This is what Smogon sincerely believes that innocent individuals deserve simply for the "crime" of speaking out against their draconian rules and authoritarian structure.
>>
>>33423534
>what was the communities opinions about legal hacked mons?
People's opinions don't matter whether it's his, yours, or mine. Not in official competitive.

If you're going to cheat yourself by cheating in SP, fine. But in MP you don't unless there are no rules that prevent it and everyone involved is in agreement. Especially not in a case like this where there is a bunch of simulaters if you don't want to partake in the actual game.

There is no excuse for cheating in official competitive. Even time isn't an excuse because if you don't have time to play then you most certainly do not have time to be flying all over the world to take part in events and would save EVEN MORE time by not doing so. If your "life" doesn't involve playing the game then stop pretending it does. Pretty simple.

Of course such people won't because they're lying when they make that excuse and they damn well know it. What it really is, is that they feel entitled to the prizes/fame when the rules have outlined that they are not. It's not about living life it's about falsely making their life better.

It's no more an excuse for official competitive than it is to tell someone knocking over a bank is okay because you don't have time to earn the money. Capitalism is no less a game than Pokémon and it has far more dire consequences to your life so it's actually a more valid excuse for robbing a bank than it is playing official competitive Pokémon.
>>
>>33423534
/vp/ was unironically one of the chilliest boards during BW2, too bad the news of XY brought so many newfags the entire population got replaced in a bunch of months.
If that wasn't enough, Kotaku linking to /vp/ officially killed it.
>>
>>33424469
>Kotaku linking to /vp/
W-what?
>>
>>33424588
>http://kotaku.com/5990073/4chan-is-making-its-own-pokmon-game-looks-pretty-good-so-far
>>
File: 1499222761213.png (324KB, 478x473px) Image search: [Google]
1499222761213.png
324KB, 478x473px
>>33423560
>t. Verlisifag
Nobody likes you because you're just a retarded faggot with a disgusting love-interest in all of Pokemon's "wolf" pokemon.
This has never been about stiring up "fake drama" when your mere existence makes people heave their lunch just at the thought you would get anally devastated at someone for having a shiny pokemon.
>>
>>33424401
Hi verlis
>>
>>33424469
It was much better in the XY days than it is now. Apparently a bunch of Youtubers started linking here and sending even younger newfags here than Shitaku ever did.
>>
>>33424999
Oh god don't fucking remind me, they're still fucking doing it for USUM (usually taking whatever theory an anon made here and making a video about it) and sometimes they mention /vp/ even when it's not relevant. But there's not much we can do but weather the storm until dead season.
>>
in my experience, youtube was awesome back in diamond/pearl wifi days. just have a webcam, make it face the ds, and do battles and (optionally) do commentary. no fake ass over the top vocalized commentary either. just showing passion and being themselves.

hacking was called out and ppl got shitted on even back then. but only if you were obvious since pretty much everyone used pokesav when playing singles. no1 except very few really cared and cried about hacked pokemon.
>>
>>33425062
Thanks that's the type of answer I was looking for anon
>>
>>33425062
>no1 except very few really cared and cried about hacked pokemon.

I've always cared, since gen 3 and Action Replay. There's a fundamental issue at the core of these games and how people approach them that doesn't gel with the intended design, leading people who only care about a single aspect of Pokemon to justify hacking all the pieces they don't like off to clash against people who want the game to be about every single one of its aspects fused together... basically, one side's conception of Pokemon is that the game starts when the battle itself starts, the other side's conception believes that the game starts when you enter your trainer ID name, the latter of course being the game the developers have built and which the first side rejects. This is single-handedly the source of the entire conflict and also explains why it only happens in Pokemon, wherein nearly every other franchise has fanbases that universally hate multiplayer hacking of any kind.

It's quite literally battlers vs trainers.
>>
>>33423534
>What was the community like before verlis
Better
>>
Every time you talk about him, he gets more attention. So, stop.
>>
>>33426681
True
>>
>>33424401

first of all the only reason people cheat in the first place is because of the asinine ways to get the team you want, if game freak just did a simple slider thing for evs and ivs then I'm sure cheating would go down in addition to making it easier to get the moves you need for some Pokemon, but no they have to stick with breeding and even if breeding for evs and its has gotten easier over the years its still annoying as hell. I fucking hate breeding and Id rather have player comforts than what you guys call "fun"
>>
>>33426961
Pokemon is a social RPG based on catching and training creatures as well as trading them with your friends. IVs give them uniqueness and EVs add a gameplay element to how you train them, as training Pokemon is a core concept. Giving sliders to these things would just remove their entire point as they would fail to achieve their design goals, at which point just remove them entirely.

Face it, you want Pokemon to be a battle simulator and anything that gets in the way of that is unwelcome and a justification for hacking the game into what you perceive to be "the good parts". See:
>>33426666

People who defend hacking are battlers as opposed to trainers, they cannot see the big picture of what the game was designed as, and to them everything outside the current battle is irrelevant and thus justifiable to hack and downright remove from the game.
>>
>>33427058
>>People who defend hacking are battlers as opposed to trainers, they cannot see the big picture of what the game was designed as
The core design of the game is fucking shit to begin with. Getting angry at people for trying to work around Gamefreak poor design choice is stupid
>>
>>33427161
I don't get angry at this, not anymore, I just want to try and explain why this happens and bring some honesty into the discussion.
People who LIKE what the games are as a whole will be extremely hostile when you show up, hack their game to pieces, and then defend it by saying the parts outside the parts you like are irrelevant shit and thus deserve to be destroyed.

This is what people don't seem to get. When you say "hacking is harmless because nothing outside the battle itself is relevant", you are directly denying the very existence of a huge part of the game of Pokemon (the monster raising RPG), which many people enjoy and take it as a core part of the cohesive whole that is Pokemon, and those people will find the concept of hacking abhorrible. This is why they get angry.
>>
>>33427058
>Giving sliders to these things would just remove their entire point as they would fail to achieve their design goals, at which point just remove them entirely.

Precisely. They already fail to achieve their design goals because, as somebody who doesn't battle at all, they don't really matter to me.
As somebody who just trades, and doesn't battle at all, I don't see any problem with hacking. I don't see how it harms me in any given way.
>>
>>33427197
If you only collect, train, trade but don't battle, then you are also tunnel visioning, except on the other side. Game Freak makes the game as a single entity where everything is connected design-wise, so basically the intent of the game is to train, trade, and battle with the things you train and trade, that's the basic structure.

The community has decided that the "competitive" and what they call "in-game" are two separate entities entirely, basically two different games, and thus what you do in one doesn't affect the other, but that is simply not how the games were designed. If you only care about battles, or if you only care about collecting, then hacking won't affect you in both cases, it's when you try to take the entire game as a cohesive whole that you start to truly realize the vast abyss that it creates between both sides of the game, to the point it becomes basically impossible to fuse them back together.

Hacking, to those who don't hack but want to enjoy all aspects of the game is a massive barrier of entry at best and a denial of the very essence of Pokemon at worst, but to those who hack and don't mind getting straight to battles it truly is a justifiable convenience. This conflict will never end, not even if hacking ends for good, or if GF gives a literal team builder competitive mode, because it's not simply hacking vs legit, it's two different perspectives of the entire concept of the series.

Some players enjoy the monster collecting, training and battling game as it is, others don't and will use any tools to get to the parts of the game they enjoy, royally pissing each other off.
>>
>>33427243
Even if I did bother with competitive I still don;'t see why hacking would be a bad thing. Now, don't get me wrong, if there were insta win cheats or something that gave the enemy an unfair advantage? That'd be bullshit.

But if I wanted to have battles I enjoyed against enemies of skill, i'd rather them have an even playing field with me just for the sake of having a better fight.

Either way, I don't see how cheating would harm me in any capacity. The perspective argument I can agree with, mostly because with each passing game the rift between "in-game" and "competitive" grows larger. I can't use the Pokemon I trained all game because they will, always, be inferior to something bred/hacked from scratch. At a certain point the raising aspect is over and you are just crunching numbers.
>>
>>33423534
Pre-Smogon it was great.

I miss the old Poketubers like DarkLatios, Overhazard, Jimmy, SniperNightOwl etc
>>
I want Chickenchan to take a shit in my mouth
>>
>>33423724
No, no way he is not. Unlike keemstar, he doesn't take criticism and thinks he can't be proven wrong. Try again, anon.
>>
You know what? I'm at my breaking point.
I don't give a fuck if you call this bait, or if you call this pasta or if you even say I'm edgy or cock riding.

I am a homosexual male and I find Verlis very attractive but outside of that I want you to know that he's done nothing, and I mean nothing wrong. He's a sweet and upstanding PokeTuber who just wants the best for the Community.

So you know what? You motherfuckering faggot ass niggers need to shut the fuck up or give me your addreses. I will go to your houses and slap you so hard you'll WISH you had kept your mouth shut. I'm not scared of 4chan and your Anonymous shit.

Not any of you could ever be like Verlis and not any of you could ever be close to what he's accomplished. To that regard you're all just little bitches. Scared little bitches.

Now either step up and get your ass pounded the non-fun way by a muscular queer or leave Verlis alone. This is your ONLY and final warning.

Stop fucking with Verlis. Now.
>>
>>33423955
Nice bait.
>>
>>33427182
Well then those people can keep doing that? Nobody's stopping them, let people hack if they want to as it affects the battle competition in no way whatsover. I dont even do competitive battling, much less hacking or breeding.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-27-22-59-17.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-27-22-59-17.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is he a nazi?
>>
You know what? I'm at my breaking point.
I don't give a fuck if you call this bait, or if you call this pasta or if you even say I'm edgy or cock riding.

I am a homosexual male and I find Verlis very attractive but outside of that I want you to know that he's done nothing, and I mean nothing wrong. He's a sweet and upstanding PokeTuber who just wants the best for the Community.

So you know what? You motherfuckering faggot ass niggers need to shut the fuck up or give me your addreses. I will go to your houses and slap you so hard you'll WISH you had kept your mouth shut. I'm not scared of 4chan and your Anonymous shit.

Not any of you could ever be like Verlis and not any of you could ever be close to what he's accomplished. To that regard you're all just little bitches. Scared little bitches.

Now either step up and get your ass pounded the non-fun way by a muscular queer or leave Verlis alone. This is your ONLY and final warning.

Stop fucking with Verlis. Now.
>>
File: nazi-furries-625x350.jpg (53KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
nazi-furries-625x350.jpg
53KB, 625x350px
>>33428269
Back to where you came from
>>
>>33428135
You don't get it. It doesn't affect the "battle competition" in your perspective because, to you, everything else in the game outside of the "battle competition" is unrelated to it. To someone who considers the entire RPG of Pokemon to be a single entity, the fact that you even hack your Pokemon to bring them to the battles is cheating, since you are gaining an unfair advantage on the game by having Pokemon you didn't work for or sometimes aren't even supposed to have.

To you, the relevant game starts when you meet your opponent in battle and exists in that vacuum. To them, the relevant game starts when you create your save file and everything you do after that is relevant as progression. You don't mind hacking because it's bypassing a part of the game you don't care about, so you can't really understand their perspective.
>>
>>33427861
woah, we got a tough guy here
>>
>>33428288
>unfair advantage on the game by having Pokemon you didn't work for or sometimes aren't even supposed to have.
So you're against trading too?
>>
>>33426961
pelago ev training is almost like a slider (with a time buffer but that's a fair tradeoff) and it's awesome.
>>
I dont like how he goes on witch hints for cheaters and accusing people of cheating for something simple, he also annoys me when in an update video he will state " nobodys playing po go" yet after go fest makes half a dozen vids critisizing the event and game.
If your going to be a poketuber dont chastise and critisize people for the same shit you do, for reference poke pelago skip is cheating "your cheating" item underflow to get a GF mew "its cheating" dont claim your above everyone because your just as bad verlis.
>>
>>33428249
Yes.
>>
>>33423755

name one faggoty thing False Swipe Gaming did.

I'll wait...
>>
>>33423755
Name one thing that Chuggaaconroy did wrong.

Subjective things like his bad puns do not count.
>>
>>33424401

>t. proto

also no fuck off it is Nintendo's fault for never telling the player how this do this shit in almost any capacity even to this date. Where at any point in game do they hint about basic stuff like

>Ditto breeding
>masuda method
>everstone uses beyond evolution halting
>destiny knot uses beyond its' battle use description
>how IVs work
>egg moves

Fix your fucking game.
>>
>>33423730
/thread
>>
>>33427058

>IVs give them uniqueness

no it fucking doesn't when there is an "ideal" layout. what about when people wanted 0 Attack IVs because of Foul Play?
>>
>>33427571

>pre smogon

so pre gen 3?
>>
>>33428269
hi verlis
>>
>>33428269
There were less of these people crying before verlis I guess
>>
>>33423534

>opinion on hacked mons

are you using hacks to make extra one use items or generate perfect legal mons? Then I don't give a fuck. Anyone who thinks that the majority of competitive or VGC doesn't take shortcuts is delusional.

are you using hacks to make meme wonder guard mons? then controversial opinion......I still don't care.
>>
File: 1502669202090.png (59KB, 625x299px) Image search: [Google]
1502669202090.png
59KB, 625x299px
>>33424401
I hack my Pokemon and participate in official tournaments deal with it
>>
>>33429509
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>33423534

both shofu and verslis are the same shit, hiroka, I don't know, marilland, this guy from pokedex animation, only normal guy I can watch is tyraniatar and he's fucking kid...
>>
>>33429919

ach and pimnite is normal, there's a couple of poketubers [guy and girl] and they are mess
>>
>>33429919

PLEASE tell me how Shofu and Verlisify are the same shit...
>>
>>33429919
>watching Poketubers
>>>/out/
>>
>>33423724
Everyone in the chat type Smogon's a stupid nigger
>>
>>33429405
His voice got higher for marketing reasons. Only problem really
>>
>>33429951

watch his vidoes
>>
>>33430022
you're dumb, real solid fuckin argument
>>
File: 1504127200517.png (149KB, 658x860px) Image search: [Google]
1504127200517.png
149KB, 658x860px
>>33423534
CHOICE SCARF

PROTECT

LAPRAS
>>
Who even is this guy? Literally all I know him from is one video where he mocked people for smugposting about "Breeding legendaries" with the right obviously-genned natures and moves.
>>
Most people posted wifi battles and walkthroughs back then there were less problems and drama OP
>>
>>33430391
4chan, but particularly /vp/ has a brevity of posters now. There are people on this board who unironically like watching this guys content.

He's essentially a poketuber who has created a base by uploading news from around the web and then the other half of his content is twitter drama. Been proven to not even be close to what someone would call an authority, but because he has a lot of viewers asserts it anyway.
>>
>>33423755
I would put Verlis and GCP in a tier above the rest due to both being lying manipulative bastards.

The rest are just trash that you shouldn't watch unless you're less than 12, but rarely cause any harm to the greater pokémon community.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (13KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
13KB, 269x187px
>>33423534
This fag and the JUSTINJECTLOL crowd destroyed my love for breeding and a large part of Pokemon for me. Hatching and raising the little shits is like half the fun for me
>>
File: 1498598956263.jpg (13KB, 246x164px) Image search: [Google]
1498598956263.jpg
13KB, 246x164px
>>33428422
>pelago
>awesome
>>
>>33423534

That would be implying that he's actually relevant in the community right now
>>
>>33428269

Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>33428422
That's neither fair nor a tradeoff. A tradeoff implies that we are getting something in return for EV training being asinine as fuck. Instead, GF just goes "fuck you, deal with it" and introduces retarded roadblocks when there's literally no downside to just giving us a regular slider after you beat the game.
>>
I don't mind EV training and raising your pokémon, since you actually have full control of those aspects.

It is breeding for IV's, or worse, soft reseting for IV's that I find a waste of time, it is literally spinning a wheel again and again until you hit jackpot.
>>
>>33423534
>I'm just curious like before verlis started shit what was the communities opinions about legal hacked mons?
I'd argue it was far more hardcore than it is now, even here on /vp/. We went from people shunning others for editing stats on their otherwise legit shinies to people unironically distributing entire boxes of hacked legendaries over WT. I think it's a generational change, Gen Z'ers are pampered children who on one hand dont want to put effort into anything they do and on the other cannot stand losing at all. Will be funny to see what will happen once they grow up.
>>
>>33430998
That combined with natures and multiple abilities is what keeps me out of the metagame.
>>
>>33423534
HoodlumScrafty's pretty chill, especially when he purposefully t r i g g e r s Verlisikeem.
>>
The times of D/P online battles were great, when we had to buy that Nintendo WiFi USB adapter.
When recordings were done by a webcam we used for MSN purposes.
When Smogon just started and wasnt really a big thing.
When Marriland was a place to look for WiFi battles.
When there were YouTubers like CasadorPerfect and no furfags like Verlis.
>>
>>33423534
I'll tell you right now, this guy had no influence over anything ever besides maybe some furries or tumblrers on some random subreddit.

This is the gayest most /mlp/ tier thread I've seen on this board in a while too and that's saying something.
>>
>>33431597
Don't forget Disfunction.
>>
>>33428121
It's not even bait.
>>
>>33431542
Hello HoodlumClickbait. How's the channel doing after all those "Hurr durr omg pokemon clover!" and "Hurr durr bad romhacks exist!" vids?
>>
>>33431597
remember superskarmory and chuggaaconroy
those were the times
>>
I've been out of the loop for a while, isn't that the furry that called out others for cheating while he himself built a device to play the game for him?
>>
>>33431668
Yup
>>
>>33427571
Smogon existed before 75% of this board was born.
>>
File: oWLS ARE NOT AVIANS BAKA.jpg (5KB, 75x100px) Image search: [Google]
oWLS ARE NOT AVIANS BAKA.jpg
5KB, 75x100px
>>33431652
Heh, you think I'm HS? You must also think hedgehogs are real and owls are birds.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.