[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 63

Crashing this board edition

Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: https://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR
For Gen 1-2, use the disassembly
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/

TOTT:
What feature would you like to see a second time?
>>
>>33140254
Look and laugh
>>
File: will smith computer.jpg (13KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
will smith computer.jpg
13KB, 251x251px
>>33140254
Just the thread I was looking for. Do you (or open question to anyone who does) know if Pokemon Rejuvenation can be played on a handheld device like PSP or 3DS? A CIA would be the simplest thing, but I believe Rejuvenation is Gen 4/DS-based so I'm not sure if that's accessible.
>>
>>33140278
It's an .exe, so you can only really run it on Windows and certain Linux machines
>>
>>33140291
That bites, I disdain playing on my laptop. Thanks for the info.
>>
File: essentialsmasterrace.png (643KB, 1360x757px) Image search: [Google]
essentialsmasterrace.png
643KB, 1360x757px
>>33140254
>What feature would you like to see a second time?

animated battle sprites.
>>
>>33140534
It's Essential that you do not breed.
>>
>>33140652
Can we just name the next thread "/hug/ - Hacking and Unity General" or go back to "/rhg/ - ROM Hacking General" just once to fuck with this guy?
>>
>>33140652
>having kids
>ever

fucking disgusting
>>
>>33140704
Intentionally ending your bloodline is the biggest cuck of all
>>
>>33141200
See, I don't want kids but I'm conflicted because I'm the last of my name.
>>
>>33140534
>>33140704
>>33141200
>>33141524
/heg/ everybody.
>>
>>33141200
I'm going to be dead anyway, why the fuck would I care about that shit
>>
File: pondtown.png (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pondtown.png
107KB, 800x600px
conceptualizing some stuff for a potential hack, particularly rough concepts for maps

welcome to havencreek town, where the player starts his/her journey from the house with the red roof. your father is the regional pokemon professor who is giving you and your sister (if male) or brother (if female) their first pokemon, and a packet of research papers to give to the professor in the city just north of town. however, the papers are stolen before you can leave by a team rocket goon who barges into the house, forcing you to chase him through the sewers that drain out onto the beach just outside your house, and lead under the silph co. water treatment plant that stands on a large hill in the center of the town.

after you take your father's research back from the thief, you battle your rival sibling and return to the house, only to find that the professor himself has been kidnapped. there you meet an agent of the international police, who gives you and your rival the pokedex and pokeballs he found while searching for clues to your father's disappearance. apparently, they were meant to be rewards for when you returned from the errand. from there you return to town and progress onto the first route.

haven creek, the pond that takes up most of the space in town is the main reason its residents live there, and it provides people with jobs either fishing on the docks or working at the water treatment plant. on the west coast of the pond a few families live in seclusion from the rest of town, and the island in the center holds an old insane asylum that was shut down for unethical practices long ago. gameplay wise, these two locations cannot be accessed until after the player gets surf and are relevant to the story of the game as it progresses.
>>
>>33143017
>haven creek
>it's actually the pond the size of a lake large enough to have populated islands
???
>team rocket are the villians again for some reason
>>
File: POKEMASS1.jpg (94KB, 541x681px) Image search: [Google]
POKEMASS1.jpg
94KB, 541x681px
>>33143115
>haven creek
>it's actually the pond the size of a lake large enough to have populated islands
the name is meant to be kind of cheeky and ironic while also pointing out the insane asylum on the center island
>team rocket is back
they make good stand ins for the real-world criminal element of the real-world region the map is based off.

the whole thing was conceived around 7 years back. i was locked in my house by a bad snowstorm and decided to spend the time brainstorming and writing ideas down for things. and this weird idea for a region based off my home state ended up taking up several pages of written work and a map that i drew on the back of some warning that the government of said state had sent me.

the state of course being massachusetts, and the town of haven creek being based on taunton, which is a large city with multiple man made reservoirs and a massive abandoned asylum that was only recently shut down called the 'paul a dever school' which was frequently raided by ballsy high schoolers like my past self because of rumors that devil worshipers and ghosts haunted it.
>>
File: 1493319177618.png (237KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1493319177618.png
237KB, 555x555px
>>33140703
>or go back to "/rhg/ - ROM Hacking General" just once
I did that a while ago and people got mad at me
>>
Anyone have that Cry editor with the Krickitune as the icon? I try to open but the program can't detect the .ini file.
>>
File: question.jpg (17KB, 272x292px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
17KB, 272x292px
i am looking for a shitty but hilarious romhack/fangame, any recommendations?
already played popular things like dark rising, viatnamese crystal, reborn, etc. but i want more laughs
>>
>>33143017
>your rival is your sibling
Gamefreak
should do this next gen
>>
>>33146188
Pokemon Plus and Minus for Gen 8 titles I am calling it. Sun and Moon can be compared to Solrock and Lunatone while Plus and Minus can be compared to Plusle and Minun. All pokemon coming from Hoenn conveniently .
>>
Anyone know how to access the unused cries in Emerald to replace a pokemons old cry or use it for an added pokemon? The 266 and 299 ones that were found in that german ruby debug rom.
>>
>>33146293
Nobody's going to buy Minus when they could have Plus. Might as well call them Pokemon Better and Worse.
>>
>>33143017

the idea of your rival being a sibling and the professor being your dad is cool, as is the starting quest

right up until the whole your dad gets kidnapped / ABANDONED INSANE ASYLUM THAT WAS CLOSED FOR BEING UNETHICAL OW THESE FUCKING EDGES retarded shit that just reads like pre-teen fan fiction
>>
>>33147469
I would buy minus if it's the blue version which is almost guaranteed.
>>
>>33147538
the og games had you balls deep in a graveyard full of possessed witches and ghosts you cant fight and a pokemon who got killed protecting its kid from team rocket. i bet you'd call that fucking preteen fanfiction too because youre a fucking retard.
an abandoned insane asylum is just an abandoned building.
>>33146188
so simple yet so much depth.
>>33146179
replay clover because it is objectively one of the top 10 best games ever made, of all time
>>
>>33147660
unless it's been updated past the last gym, no
>>
>>33147469
this. its retarded from a marketing perspective. the switch game will be a gen i remake to get all the normies with switches to want it like with pokemon go
>>
>>33147806
I really hope it isn't
>>
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but where would the /heg/ general be? It's a board that centers around the development of rom hacks and essentials games. I thought this was the right place but all I see are arguments and off topic subjects so I was wrong.
>>
>>33150058
This is a very existential general, where we discuss why we're not on topic, if there are even people out there that are on topic, if anyone actually wants to be on topic, and if a specific group is even worth being on topic with.
>>
>>33143302
>team rocket
>a group based in pokéjapan
>thry're fucking yakuza
>cropping up on the other side of the world in pokéchusetts
wat
>>
>>33150256
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitey_Bulger
>>
>>33151031
Yeah, he really looks like a gook, don't he?
>>
>>33151031
You've got a good premise there, so you should just use that idea instead of doing the lazy rehash that's been done a million times over.
>>
>page 9
why is this thread dying
>>
>>33152828
Because half of it isn't about heg.
>>
>>33152828
The shitposting's scared people off.
>>
>>33153950
It would help if OP didn't start the thread with Littlefinger doing the dubs pose.

That was probably a step in his evil scheme to ruin /heg/ though.
>>
File: 2453587689.jpg (6KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
2453587689.jpg
6KB, 276x182px
Is there a romhack of HG/SS that patches in all the gen 5 Pokemon and updates the trainer battles accordingly?

Also wasn't there a project going on a few years back where people made sprites of gen 3-5 Pokemon in the style of gen1 and 2? Were they ever used in a game?
>>
>>33155602
No, and yes, they're used in the randomizer programs, I think?
>>
Forgot how boring the ocean routes and underwater were after Lilycove. Added in a couple of islands as well as a healing house in 129. There's going to be more to do underwater than just finding hidden items and plot important places to go to. Thinking of what more to put in now.
>>
>>33155933
I know it's silly, but I liked those hidden sort of secret bases they added in oras
>>
OH SHIT

We got new FroggestSpirit music devamps!

>Hearthome City (Day/Night)
https://soundcloud.com/froggestspirit/hearthome-city-daynight
>Champion Cynthia
https://soundcloud.com/froggestspirit/champion-cynthia
>>
Okay so I decided I wanna scrap the base ROM I was using and just use vanilla Emerald and add the shit myself to avoid complications and I was wondering if there was anyway to transfer my maps from my old ROM to a new one. I spent hours working on them and would hate to have to redo it.
>>
File: hau'oli beach first attempt.png (16KB, 832x465px) Image search: [Google]
hau'oli beach first attempt.png
16KB, 832x465px
>>33157444
Doesn't Advancemap have an export function? Actually, after a quick search, yes it does.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290336

Also posting the start of my attempt to map hau'oli city... It's a little angular, I know, but I mostly want opinions on the tiles.
>>
File: 1.jpg (139KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139KB, 1002x668px
Medieval anon here,

We are still writing the setting. So it's kinda long and I can't give you a lot of news.

We choose the Italian kingdoms flavour. The region is a patchwork, we try to give each cities a strong personality. It's really a colourful environment.
The border between urban places and wildlands is thin, and routes are harder to travel compared to GF's ones.
Instead of having clear distinction between city and route, the region is more akin of what a fantasy RPG offer : sparse hamlet far from big/safe city, with wild pokemon everywhere inbetween. Take inspiration from pic related. Just for map purpose, I'm not here to derail the thread
>>
Not sure if this is the board to ask, but can anyone get me the map coordinates in oras for the inside of the first chamber of regirock's cave? I must've downloaded a hacked save file and the go-goggles don't work
>>
>>33140254
Guys, does anyone have have the Kriss trainer sprites from this ROM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfPZUmL6h8

I've seen the DeviantArt link but its missing the back sprite animations used in battle.

I'm writing a Pokémon game from scratch. I wish the battle system had more documentation available, but oh well.
>>
File: unknown-3.png (27KB, 259x386px) Image search: [Google]
unknown-3.png
27KB, 259x386px
Working on the UI for the new engine
>>
>>33161214
looks sick, i like the choice of hgss graphics too
>>
>>33161214
Nice! I'm also working on a pokémon engine.
Are you by yourself?

How are you going with the battle system? Are you keeping track of everything in your head or are you using references from somewhere?

Good luck!
>>
>>33161257
We're a team.
I've done most of the work so far, but quite a few people have joined and have some great skills they'd like to contribute.
We're still deciding on the structure of the battle system, because we plan on using the same structure for the Gen V version.
>>
How would one program Elite 4 rematches with higher levels in FR/E like how BW did?
>>
>>33161283
Cool.
If I may ask, what software/language are you guys using?
>>
File: 1497761373921.png (164KB, 520x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1497761373921.png
164KB, 520x1036px
>>33161214
Why is Charizard a Stand?
>>
>>33161332
C#
It's breddy lit

>>33161537
BURASTO
*stops time*
BAAAAAAAAN
*drops a wailord on you*
>>
File: IU33OUV.png (40KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
IU33OUV.png
40KB, 320x300px
>>33140254
Working with assembly, does anyone know how to give menu sprites individual colors?
>>
>>33162426
Rangi got it to work I think, try contacting them.
>>
>>33162536
Rangi won't help because I'm using tppcrystal instead of vanilla
>>
>>33162570
Couldn't you still use their method, though, even if you couldn't copypaste it?
>>
>>33162607
tppcrystal is very different in the way it's scripted. Including the names of functions, hex values, script layouts.

Had enough trouble even getting individual menu sprites... Was hoping someone with more experience in C++ would be able to help out
>>
>>33162570
Well... why? tppcrystal is a mess. What do you get out of it?
>>
>>33163375
Start in Kanto as if it were RB, make it to the SS Anne, play all of Johto, full Kanto with all legendaries and dungeons. Plus the game has increased difficulty, unique gym rematches with new gym puzzles, new island to catch Mew

Plus I've added gen IV pokemon into it, added new items, expanded the bag...lots of other little things

There's just a lot TPPCrystal does that vanilla doesn't. I'm okay at scripting, not that great. So I wouldn't be able to add all of those things into vanilla crystal.
>>
>>33163375
The way I see it, it would be easier to figure out the script to make menu icons colored than it would be to start from scratch, add the Kanto start, add the events, add all the new sprites, items, music, pokemon, maps, trainers, mechanics, etc to vanilla Crystal considering I know very little about scripting
>>
>>33162763
You could probably still utilize the code. Just change over some variables to match your implementation and it should work just as well.
>>
>>33163916
It's almost like it's a different kind of scripting
None of the variables match up which make it difficult to find what I need to add, change, or remove
>>
File: doors.png (554B, 64x32px) Image search: [Google]
doors.png
554B, 64x32px
how shit do these doors look?
>>
>>33164582
That sounds like a real pain in the ass.
>>
Is Prism source (the new 0.94 update) not downloadable, I remember being able to download the older ones but I can't find the newer one. Is it that the new devs don't want it public?
>>
File: 20170729_battletest.png (5KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_battletest.png
5KB, 384x216px
working on a pokemon-like game, called Spiirtu. Gen 1/2 aesthetics, Gen 7 mechanics + new ideas. Spirits are the creatures of the game.

Using the love2d engine. but it's made essentially from scratch.
Pic related is the current battle ui. going to add an option for a battle background similar to gen 3 and up, can be enabled or disabled from the menu.

Blue bars seen under the HP takes the place of PP, now called Energy; each move uses a certain amount of energy. Two units of energy are restored per turn unless a move or ability changes it.
>>
Can anyone make a link to a .zip of overworld manager? On Pokecommunity all it really gives is the source code and binaries.
>>
File: Sluzz.png (23KB, 215x187px) Image search: [Google]
Sluzz.png
23KB, 215x187px
>>33166961
Example of a spirit's stats. Base stats work the same way as they do in Pokemon i.e. they will calculate into the actual stat based on the level of the spirit and EV's. There are no IV's in this game.

The types are the same as in pokemon, except some of them have different names.

Spirit's also have a star rating, from 1 to 5. This is to aid in balancing the game, with each star representing a range of BST, with a 1 Star spirit being under 250 BST and 5 Star being between 550 BST and 650 BST.

Abilities work the same way as they do in Pokemon in that they are passive. Difference here being that the vast majority of spirits have unique abilities, and they can be quite extensive. The inspiration here was actually from Yu-gi-oh and its effect monster cards.

Pic related is a Muk inspired spirit, Sluzz.
>>
>>33166961
>give in
seems rather ominous, but looks really cool regardless
>>
>>33164918
I guess since nobody said anything, the animation can't be too bad.
>>
>>33167122
'Flee' doesn't really work within the context of the game's story/lore. 'Quit' doesn't sound so good either.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>33167179
Forfeit
>>
>>33167214
Thanks! That works a lot better. Don't know why I was struggling to come up with a one word option.
>>
File: Sluzz_upgrade.png (24KB, 215x187px) Image search: [Google]
Sluzz_upgrade.png
24KB, 215x187px
>>33167068
Spirits can be upgraded from their base star rating. This upgrade is just a simple base stat increase, akin to a mega evolution, but permanent. Nothing else changes other than the base stats, with most just being 10 points into each stat per star increase. In the future, these values can be adjusted for metagame balance.

Upgrading is different than evolving, which happens as a separate mechanic. Here is Sluzz at a 5 star rating. This system was actually inspired by various mobile games, and Fire Emblem Heroes is the closest to how this would work.
>>
File: Paltee_upgrade.png (24KB, 215x187px) Image search: [Google]
Paltee_upgrade.png
24KB, 215x187px
>>33167328
Upgrading is meant to give weaker spirits some viability against stronger spirits i.e. upgrade a 1 star spirit to 5 stars to be able to compete against natural 5 star spirits.

I'm making Spiirtu primarily a multiplayer-focused game. To start with, ladders will be divided by the star rating of the spirits, with the 5 star ladder allowing the use of all spirits, the 4 star ladder allowing only 4 star or lower, etc.

So the idea is to not only have more viable choices in higher tiers, but to allow people to use their favorites without having a massive disadvantage.

Pic related is a Bellsprout inspired spirit, naturally a 2 star. Paltee can actually evolve twice, but if a player wants to keep Paltee unevolved, they can upgrade all the way to 5 stars. This in effect is a 180 stat point boost that definitely gives it better odds in the 5 star metagame.
>>
File: Paltee.png (25KB, 215x187px) Image search: [Google]
Paltee.png
25KB, 215x187px
>>33167358
Oh, and here's Paltee's ability just to give an idea of what it might be able to do in battle.
>>
>>33167399
>>33167358
>>33167328
>>33167068
>>33166961
I like what I'm seeing. How well does it look with higher resolutions?
>>
File: Starters.png (356KB, 649x187px) Image search: [Google]
Starters.png
356KB, 649x187px
>>33167782
Rather empty, just using a simple scaler that preserves hard-edges.
UI is nowhere near complete and everything currently in place is mostly just to get the data on the screen in some way. Really just focused on the battle engine right now. Lots of abilities to implement, and then I need to figure out the best way to store teams / save data.

I'm looking to do something similar to how Showdown does it, with a team builder using rental spirits for people who want to skip the single player. This would be completed before the single player /story because at least that way people can play and be mostly satisfied until new content is made.

The game should scale well from low resolution to higher though, as with love2d it can actually be ported to android/ios. currently tested resolutions:
384x216
960x540
1920x1080
>>
I figured I'd ask here since making a new thread seems a bit much, but what do you use to play DS games? I haven't used any in a few years and I remember the game crashing every hour and lagging all the time. Did they get better since then?
>>
File: ROUTE 111 2.png (825KB, 1360x2724px) Image search: [Google]
ROUTE 111 2.png
825KB, 1360x2724px
I tried editing the top part of Route 111 and made it to be a separate map so it can have wild encounters but some technical difficulties occurred. For one the desert debris occurs when I enter the map entirely and not just the desert itself sometimes. The biggest is that the map goes haywire sometimes and I think it all has to do with when Mirage Tower disappears.

From what I came across by coincidence when Mirage Tower disappears a new map called unknown map CL:392 is actually loaded but only contains the map file while everything from the normal map (events, wild pokemon, header) is still loaded on top of it. So since I changed the normal map the replacement doesn't detect it. I would change the unknown map too to match the normal one but I don't know how it responds when making a connection because I don't know how it was programmed.

Any info or documents to look into this stuff or am I screwed? If nothing works the only thing left I can see will work is change the dimensions of the unknown map to match the desert half on the left.
>>
File: 20170729_battletest2.png (38KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_battletest2.png
38KB, 1920x1080px
>>33167782
Another shot of the current battle ui. again, not much yet, planning on showing the type of the move as well as physical/special/status. and accuracy too.
>>
I tried changing the dimensions and my game crashes after the title screen now. Looks like 111 is out of the question.
>>
>>33168081
Did you try just erasing the vanilla one and making the two you want?
>>
>>33168081
go to RPG Maker and select the part you want to move. Cut it, make a new map, then paste it in. Crop the original map to fit the new size. Then go to the map connects txt file and make sure the maps are properly connected. Go to the encounters txt file and put the encounters you want in the new map. If you only want Sandstorm in the sandy area, you need to make another new map that crops out not the non sandy parts and make another map connection to it. You should have no problems doing it this way and it's very easy and efficient to do.
>>
Finally making some good progress on gutting pokecrystal so I can start fresh. Since the "clear it all out at once and then sort out all the errors afterward" plan that somebody told me to do several threads ago seemed like a never-ending errorfest, I decided to go the longer, much more tedious route of deleting maps one-by-one and all the files associated with them.

And so far, I've been able to handle the errors better this way and can actually compile successfully after the deleting sessions.

So, I guess, a couple days/weeks of this, I should be well on my way. To have just New Bark Town, and then I can build from there.

Anyway, how's everyone else doing on their hacks? Maps? I'd still like to see someone attempt a GSC devamping of Alola maps (just to see if it's even possible).
>>
>>33168621
>>>/out/
>>
>>33168578
I would if I could but I don't know how the unknown map was programmed for me to do the same with the two replacements. Besides unknown map as far as I can see was made with one map in mind not two.
>>33168621
But that would require having to tediously redo all of Hoenn including the many parts that I am leaving alone and I don't think Emerald on RPG Maker is the best idea anyways.
>>
>>33168757
There must be another way to make the mirage tower appear/disappear in the new copies of the map. I'll look around though.
>>
>>33168757
Seems like this may be of some use to you. It looks like it has to do with a script in the footer.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8674666#post8674666
>>
>>33168848
>>33168757
More information about the setmapfooter stuff here
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14163
Seems important if you're ever gonna edit shoal cave too.
>>
>>33168848
>>33168909
Thanks. I'm still a bit of a scrub beyond map making for the most part at the moment but this'll all be of good usage. I'm just gonna have to look into the basics of ASM before I look over this so it'll be bookmarked. I'm still currently in the middle of the idea phase concerning the post game.
>>
>>33166987
that's what binaries are my dude
>>
blimp
>>
>>33169667
Got it working now but whenever I load up a rom it doesn't respond.
>>
>>33140254
What are the preferred Gen 6 and 7 difficulty hacks?
>>
>>33167887
>>33168196
Nice, I liked how it looks in 1080p. Looks retro in a good way.

>>33168630
Maps are being a headache. I'm making a game with a somewhat high resolution for Pokémon games (its like ~6x GBA) and its a pain to make everything fit. Though it looks good, I end up with half of screen covered by trees.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>33171005
I think there's only one set for gen 7, really
>>
I'm wondering
Are there any good emerald romhacks in the same vein as Red++ or Polished Crystal?
I really enjoyed those, and so many emerald romhacks I see try to add a little bit too much
>>
>>33173512
when /ourboy/'s hack is done, there should be one
>>
>>33173572
do you have any more information than that?
>>
Bump
I'll post more tiles soon
>>
File: Snow Mt. Route.png (53KB, 320x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Mt. Route.png
53KB, 320x1152px
Reposting my snow route.

I still haven't finished the ice puzzle, because it still ends up either being too easy to solve or completely impossible (or solvable from south to north but not north to south, or the opposite). Meh, I'll figure it out eventually.

Thoughts on this snow route other than that? The initial path is south to north. Also, the "wavy" snow tiles have encounters.

God bless Prism's snow tiles.
>>
>>33175699
WHERE IS MY LODGE ?
>>
File: kim il sung's cabin.png (32KB, 319x255px) Image search: [Google]
kim il sung's cabin.png
32KB, 319x255px
>>33175764
On top of the mountain.
>>
>>33175963
Oh.
I like it. A lot
>>
>>33175699
>>33175963
Makes me want to do a gen 2 romhack, but I fear it will be too boring
>>
>>33175699
You could make it solveable south-to-north and just have the player jump a ledge for north-to-south since they've already solved it.
>>
bamp
>>
>>
>>
So I started a Fire Red hack and inserted my own map in place of Two Island but kept Cape Brink and it's smooth going from Cape Brink to the new map but it won't let me go back up. How fix
>>
>>
ok so I kinda want to work on a Gen 5/6 2D remake of Emerald in my spare time to hone my spriting skills

has anyone started dev on a generic battle facility script? or is my arse just gonna have to make it myself?
>>
>>33181704
actually nvm I just found the section on the Essentials wiki

for anyone who does spriting themselves, would you recommend starting with making a generic base tileset, or town/area-specific ones and then filling gaps between areas of interest?

(I kinda want to work on a new Sky Pillar straight away but I get the feeling it's not the best starting point desu)
>>
>>33181712
You'll need practice, so start where you'd like.
These are 16x tiles, but you can always resize these. No idea if they're quite what you want, but w/e
http://sailorvicious.deviantart.com/gallery/24670020/HOENN-PROJECT
>>
Bum
>>
>>33182762
>>33183709
just stop

post real shit or let it die
>>
>>33183717
Bump
>>
File: 1365134039755.jpg (7KB, 125x131px) Image search: [Google]
1365134039755.jpg
7KB, 125x131px
Say what you will about essentials guy but at least his posts are more interesting than

>bump
>bump
>bump

repeatedly. Maybe if more people moved to essentials people would make faster progress and have more to contribute.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
How are people adding these Title Defense matches to their games?

I wish I could fight some of the unique Tree trainers outside.
>>
>>33184154
>Maybe if more people moved to essentials people would make faster progress and have more to contribute.
Yes, all those fast progressing essentials games like Pokémon Ametrine (started in 2011, quickly abandoned), Pokémon Sage (started in 2011, only 8-10 hours of gameplay and 3 gyms),
Pokémon Garnet (started in 2012, half-dead and still unfinished). I'd love to play them 20 years from now once they're all 1/5 done.
>>
>>33184357
If they were ROM hacks they would be progressing even slower AND they would be far less interesting.
>>
why doesnt this like work http://ampage.no-ip.info/index.php?seite=details&program=AdvanceMap&ver=1.92
I fucking quit dude
>>
File: 1499417147879.png (616KB, 810x692px) Image search: [Google]
1499417147879.png
616KB, 810x692px
>>33184572
>our cripplingly slow, unfinished, unplayable games look better than your slow, unfinished, but playable hacks
(You)
>>
File: 1360911808159.jpg (80KB, 379x437px) Image search: [Google]
1360911808159.jpg
80KB, 379x437px
>>33184776
>DUDE I'M DOING CRYSTAL BUT IT HAS LE PHYSICAL SPECIAL SPLIT AND GEN 7 POKEMON LMAO
>DUDE EMERALD BUT I CHANGED SOME OF THE MAPS LMAO

wow great original game you have there. It sure looks interesting and not fucking boring at all compared to that Essentials game over there with a new pokemon, new features, and an original aesthetic. I hope you manage to finish i- oh, wait? What's that? You couldn't get your overworld Pokemon to load properly? Your game crashed when you tried to split the maps? That's a shame.
>>
>>33184842
>new pokemon
*shitty fakemon
>new features
*shit people will use once and then get sick of
>an original aesthetic
*bad rip-off of Gen 4/5 visuals, sans the 3D, instead of spot-on rip-off of Gen1/2/3 visuals
>>
>>33175699
>>33175963
Fucking neat. Imagine it at night.
>>
>>33181620
Pls help
>>
>>33184922
Please show me what gen 4/5 game looks like this. I'll wait.
>>
>>33185262
DPPtHGSSBWB2W2

Except, of course, those all have 3D.
>>
>>33184154
I'd post more but coding isn't really all that fun to post about. People only seem to respond to visual progress.

Essentials is fine if you're not trying to do substantially new things. RPG maker has its limits, and with what I want to do using a dedicated engine is the only way to go. Especially if multi-player connectivity is one of the primary goals.
>>
>>33185262
This whole look is different for the sake of being different. That doesn't make it good, let alone better than Gen 4/5.

Screenshot 1: Lots of empty whitespace in the textbox. Background violets distract from the actual opponent. Shitty fakemon.
Screenshot 2: Those flowers are way too repetitive. The grass is boring, different for difference's sake. Nice overworld sprite for the goat fakemon, though.
Screenshot 3: Why are the "Item" and "Moves" headings larger than the name of the Pokémon? Why all the empty space behind the sprite?
Screenshot 4: Cool Poké Ball, but good luck producing equal-quality images for more complex items. Should have used some of that space for textual pocket labels instead of unintuitive icons. Also the item name should be larger, and (nitpicking now) the text box's bottom margin is larger than the top.
Screenshot 5: The flowers are too dense and too high-contrast. Again, this is not an improvement over Gen 5's tiles and screen resolution, it's just a poor attempt to deal with Essential's higher native resolution.
Screenshot 6: So much wasted space on the right side of the text box. Look at how the DS handles this—now that the screen is wider, text boxes often become text balloons, they don't have to be as wide as the screen itself. Also the dirt texture looks like shit and I'm not a fan of the grass either. Overall a poor imitation of Pinwheel Forest.

In conclusion: Essentials gives you all the resources of a PC—high-resolution screens, gigabytes of space for images and text and data, online connectivity, a full QWERTY keyboard—and people waste it on half-assed copies of games intended for handheld screens.
>>
>>33184154
>Maybe if more people moved to essentials people would make faster progress and have more to contribute.
If people moved to Essentials then we'd have no good games to talk about.
And I'm just lazy which is why I rarely have things to contribute. If I moved to Essentials I'd probably stop working on things altogether since my interest in old hardware is part of what motivates me to occasionally do a thing.
>>
File: 073 - QDcZkND.jpg (102KB, 343x458px) Image search: [Google]
073 - QDcZkND.jpg
102KB, 343x458px
>>33185423
Some people care about being "original" over being good.
>>
>>33184154
How can you say that when you are essentials guy himself?
>>
File: PEGdemo_299[1].gif (21KB, 358x285px) Image search: [Google]
PEGdemo_299[1].gif
21KB, 358x285px
>>33185336
It looms like none of those. Try again.

>>33185423
>Screenshot 1: Lots of empty whitespace in the textbox
Not in the final game.

>Background violets distract from the actual opponent
Not when the opponent is animated while everything else is static.

>Shitty fakemon.
I'd rather have a game with new Pokemon in it than a hack that uses the same official Pokemon over and over.

>Screenshot 2: Those flowers are way too repetitive.
Less repetitive than seeing the same fucking gen 2/gen 3 graphics in every goddamn ROM hack.

>Why are the "Item" and "Moves" headings larger than the name of the Pokémon?
Because the name of the Pokemon is variable.

>Why all the empty space behind the sprite?
Again, because the sprite size is variable. Some of the sprites are far larger.

>but good luck producing equal-quality images for more complex items
You not being able to sprite doesn't mean other people can't.

>unintuitive
They're only unintuitive if you haven't played a Pokemon game before.

>The flowers are too dense and too high-contrast
It's not high contrast if it's consistent with the style of the rest of the game.

>So much wasted space on the right side of the text box
It's a bug. Look at the top middle screenshot.

>Also the dirt texture looks like shit and I'm not a fan of the grass either
And yet it still looks better than typical gen 2 and 3 trash.

It's not different for the sake of being different. It's different for looking and feeling like an actual fucking new original game instead of a knock off with some minor tweaks.

>>33185497
With essentials you can do both.

>>33185575
I'm not essentials guy.
>>
>>33185774
You are very obviously Essentials guy, you have the exact same shitposting style.
>>
File: b7d[1].png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d[1].png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>only time this thread can have half decent discussion is when essentials funposter comes

Really fires those neurons.
>>
Show me a gen 4/5 game that looks like this. Still waiting.
>>
>>33184154
Progress would be faster sure but that's only because typically they are worse shilled out products.

I really wish there would be a seperate general for rom hacks and essentials but that would only flood the board.
>>
File: 1294955800269.png (506KB, 666x569px) Image search: [Google]
1294955800269.png
506KB, 666x569px
>>33185931
>separate generals
>when this general is this dead as it is

What, scared that essentials discussion is taking away from those precious bump posts?
>>
>>33185959
bump
>>
Question about the Universal Randomizer. If I randomize wilds and randomize statics will it make sure that whatever ends up in the legendary slot is the only one in the game? Like if it make a Caterpie legendary will it also put Caterpies out in the wild too?
>>
>>33185959
No I just don't like that this general is about shit posting instead of discussions, questions, and showcasing development of either rom hacking or essentials. It's become cancer. Sure I don't like essentials but I'm not going to bitch about it.
>>
>>33186021
I have a question.

>>33181620
>>
>>33186082
What. You want me to answer his question?

>Add a new map.
>Insert the map into the new map that you never use.
>Get Advance Map 1.95.
>Select the entire map you inserted.
>Paste it into Two Island and make sure the dimensions are changed appropriately.
>Done

That way Two Island doesn't get screwed up but the new map you added instead.
>>
>>33166961
>>33167068
>>33167328
>>33167358
>>33167399
>>33167887
fuck man i like it. reminds me of an nes jrpg more than pokemon.
>>
>>33175963
>kim il sungs cabin
so is the plot for your hack going to be your character becoming the supreme leader?
>>
>>33186166
Or just open the map and not even insert it at all. Everything else works.
>>
>>33181620
Check your map connections txt file in the PBS folder.
>>
>>33186833
CAUGHT HIM!
>>
>>33186854
Caught who?
>>
>>33186880
essentialsfag, probably
>>
oh boy the essentials faggot came to shit up the thread again
when will the mods do their job and ban him
>>
>>33186984
at least he keeps the thread bumped.
you can always filter him, he types so predictably, it's piss easy:
/pokemonessentials.wikia.com/i;op:no
/ROMhackfag/i;op:no
/RPG Maker/i;op:no;boards:vp
this will block the worst of his shitposting
>>
>>33186833
>>33186854
>>33186880
>>33186958
Samefag
>>
>>33185812
Looks like Gen IV with a different UI.
>>
>>33185812
Look, this isn't hard to understand. People choose to hack ROMs *because* the graphics and UI and Pokémon and so on are the same as the official games. That way it doesn't feel like a cheap knock-off, and you don't waste time making a new party menu for no good reason except novelty.

Sure, *if* you want to customize those things, it's easier with Essentials' Ruby scripting than with disassembled ROMs (or worse, hex editing).

But admit it--you can't make something like that in Essentials either, you're just using a menu that someone else made for you. The average hacker will be equally limited with either platform, because the only know how to edit mon/move data, draw maps with premade tiles, and do simple event scripts. Meanwhile the actual programmers are getting shit done with both, instead of endlessly debating which is "better."
>>
File: Screenshot_234.png (9KB, 1087x138px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_234.png
9KB, 1087x138px
>>33187015
how astute you are
>>
>>33185812
Are you going to keep stealing people's Deviantart work, which visually looks better as static/lightly animated art than as active gameplay, to "prove" your shitty points?

>>33186984
Honestly, I think he should stay. He's literally the embodiment of cancer, but his presence keeps the thread alive and prompts discussion. It's stupid discussion, but it's still discussion. And said discussion gives the actual hack/game makers time to make something to post.
>>
File: file.png (4KB, 333x107px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4KB, 333x107px
>>33187051
Nice try.
>>
>>33187055
This is active gameplay.
>>
>>33187114
This is an attempt to cleanly show of a single feature.
>>
>>33187114
Great, it looks just like Gen 4, indoors, which also doesn't have heavy (or any) 3D. Just like I said.
>>
File: wrong.png (8KB, 531x174px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.png
8KB, 531x174px
>>33187015
filename
>>
>>33187114
>>33187123
This is also active gameplay.
>>
>>33187168
>gen 4
>320x240
>>
>>33187209
>jump cuts
>nothing but text
>active gameplay
>>33187214
>resolution is aesthetics
>>
File: Ffp8KVj[1].gif (456KB, 347x248px) Image search: [Google]
Ffp8KVj[1].gif
456KB, 347x248px
>>33187114
>>33187123
>>33187209
>>33187271
This is also active gameplay.
>>
>>33187311
notice it never shows them walking
>>
>>33187311
I'm an essentialsfag and that looks really bad.
>>
>>33187340
>I'm an essentialsfag

Sure you are.
>>
>>33187353
>Sure you are
I sure fucking am. If it weren't for that nigger shitting up the general by turning each thread into a ROMs vs Essentials shitstorm I'd be more willing to contribute.
>>
>>33187311
>This is also active gameplay.
No, that's opening a menu with the player character standing completely static. And the menu actually looks worse than Gens 4-7.

Now, are you going to keep stealing other people's work to post or are you actually going to post your own essentials game? Honestly, I'd love to see it and play it.
>>
File: 1457046630712.png (977KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457046630712.png
977KB, 1280x720px
>>33185931
We should've said "no" to allowing Essentials here in the first place. I regret my decision to promote the merge, it would've been better to let /rhg/ die for a few months and then revive like a phoenix as it had several times before. There'd be a lot less shitposting in the threads. Having no thread is better than a bad thread.
>>
>>33184357
>>33185476
>>33184572
>>33184776
>>33187561
The problem with Pokemon fangames is that people want to make these bigass expansive games.

It doesn't matter whether they use Essentials or ROMhacking tools because everyone bites off more than they can chew and ends up abandoning their projects.

Has anyone here ever considered making a 4-gym region? Or some linear story based adventure?
>>
>>33187607
I toyed with the idea of making a hack about a road trip on the pokemon-world's route 66 for a while.
>>
>>33187607
I want to make a game with a smaller region with lots of optional, hm gated areas
A lot like johto, I guess

I don't have the time or know-how to even start, though
>>
>>33187607
>Or some linear story based adventure?
Yep, doing just that. Got shit on because "lol linear" but whatever.
>>
>>33187607
When starting off with this kind of stuff I had the idea of keeping things to myself until I release it just so people don't get discouraged. I figured I'd post some teasers of my stuff here just because it's more quiet around these parts. The Emerald hack is an exception though, it's not a full blown hack that requires a lot of time that most rom hacks tend to be. Some minute/not really needed features may not make the cut, it all depends on if I have enough skill to put them in but the core ideas of this hack will finish. Like the updated region, encounters, battles, pokedex, and post game.
>>
>>33187607
Creating shorter adventures sounds fun
I have a thought about a short pokemon game that takes place entirely in one city or something
Small area with 4 or so gyms sounds fun
>>
>>33187699
No worries, bro. I just like that someone decided to include a movie location. I feel like the lack of places like Forina, Alto Mare, etc. in hacks so missed opportunities.

For instance, I'd love for Rangi to include Alto Mare in Polished Crystal as a bonus map, but it is what it is.
>>
What are some rom hacks that don't change the graphics of the original games?
>>
>>33187943
99% of them because rom hackers are uninspired faggots
>>
>>33187962
Name a few that are good enough to test out.
>>
The problem with rom hacking and essentials is that not much people are involved in this general. Or involved with the scene in it's entirety. How come Clover got so lucky? I figure that multiple people working on it quickens the process but how did so many people decide to collaborate together?

Maybe something that can help newbie rom hackers is if there were better guides and documents for people to learn from.
>>
>>33188178
because unlike sage the clover devs weren't autistic about polls for every tiny thing.
>>
>>33187973
Fuck anon. Like every difficulty hack.
Fire Red Backwards, BlazeBlack & VoltWhite are two examples but I can't remember the stupid prefixes they gave for HGSS, XY, and ORAS.

Just look up those games + "Difficulty hack"
>>
>>33188497
I mean ones with new regions. I don't count difficulty hacks because they are just the real games but harder.
>>
>>33188528
You want new regions but no new graphics? Sorry anon I can't help you with that.
>>
File: Greek Region Comparision.png (81KB, 1831x820px) Image search: [Google]
Greek Region Comparision.png
81KB, 1831x820px
Help me out here, which one looks better?
>>
File: 1494455118327.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494455118327.png
139KB, 400x400px
Essentials
>Better for artists
>Better for people that know Ruby
>Better for people who enjoy spending an hour arranging shit on a tileset
>Better for people using original art from scratch
>Less compatibility
>Better for an original project that is never completed because everyone loses interest
>Adding pokemon involves editing a text file
>Laggy as fuck
>Pokemon are stuck inside the game and cannot be transferred
>Compatible with Cheatengine and debug mode
>7th gen support is stalled harder than molasses

Romhacking
>Better for people that know ASM
>Better for retards who don't know what they're doing and need tools
>Better for people who enjoy a retardedly limited colour limit and a very tiny screen
>Better for people who enjoy spending an hour indexing colours
>Better for people reusing tilesets
>More compatibility
>Better for a lazy ass difficulty hack that involves increasing the levels and nothing else
>Adding Pokemon involves pissing off the people who made those 700 whatever patches and increased bugs making people's save files fucked
>Smooth games
>Pokemon can be transferred to actual Pokemon games and emulators
>Compatible with gameshark and pkhex
>Research is stalled harder than molasses
>>
File: Greek Region IRL Comparision.png (974KB, 1846x714px) Image search: [Google]
Greek Region IRL Comparision.png
974KB, 1846x714px
>>33188641
and here's one with the map
>Purple Dots = Gym cities
>Lavender Dots = Towns and settlements
>>
>>33188641
It depends on how long the sea routes are in the second one, they look kinda bare without some islands. I do prefer it though.
>>
>>33188673
if it was me I'd keep a town in the Sporades spot in the second one and have the sea routes meet there instead of crossing each other
>>
>>33188730
Yeah, Left version would be scaled up, while Right would be scaled down. Forgot to mention that Lamia -> Mytilene and Psara/Chios -> Larissa were supposed to be Ferry rides, although now I'm considering >>33188786 to remove the latter boat.
>>
>>33188641
>>33188673
Right; just fix the sea routes. Also, I hope the main "Greece" part is still connected to the "Balkans", just inaccessible, like how PokéGermany is visible, but inaccessible, from Kalos. An island in the shape of Greece, obviously, would look really stupid.
>>
File: 1497721136511.png (659KB, 550x726px) Image search: [Google]
1497721136511.png
659KB, 550x726px
Working on an essentials project now and im curious, how do you guys name your cities? Do you find a theme or just go w/ what sounds best?

Also, what comfy areas can I add to my game besides coastal town and a snow mountain town?
>>
>>33184677
>quit before even downloading the first tool you need

you're gonna go far kid
>>
This probably isnt the place to post this, but I couldnt find help online and I dont want to kill a thread. Im playing Shiny gold sigma and I dont know how to get to kumquat island. Does anyone know how?
>>
>>33189484
>go to edge of map to get tiny peek at pokebalkans
>all you can hear is this https://youtu.be/q9HzqxwKfiM
>>33190069
comfy areas could include things like say
>coastal estuary, essentially a saltwater river that is very swampy and ebbs/flows with the tide
>secluded, optional town hidden deep in a forest area
>abandoned factory being reclaimed by nature
>tiny cabin on top of a seaside cliff, overlooking the sea
>tiny park in the middle of a huge city
>mountainside forest that is on an extremely steep slope and goes from summery at the bottom to autumny in the middle to wintery at the top.
>cave that was dug out by pokemon making burrows to hibernate in over the course of thousands of years
>town built inside of caverns on the side of a cliff or glacier
>lighthouse on a tiny island not far from shore
>tiny patch of flowers in the deepest recesses of a cave because of a hole in the ceiling letting light filter down from above
>pitch black cave with bioluminescent fungi that can be used like the flash hm
>>
>>33191530
more comfy spots
>old mining tunnel that leads to a hidden beach
>meadow with pot holes that drop down into a cave underneath
>ancient temple that is completely overgrown on the outside
>>
>>33193602
What a quality post. So much better than Essentials vs ROM hacking discussion, clearly.
>>
>>33193623
Glad you agree, essentialsfag
>>
What sort of shit could you add to a remade alola to make it feel less empty?
>>
>>33188658
>Romhacking
>Better for retards who don't know what they're doing and need tools
>Romhacking is better for retards than essentials, which is made in a dedicated RPG making program
>>
>>33194854
Yeah but if the damn program can't even make a pokemon game right I don't care if it is dedicated for RPGs.
>>
>>33194842
make the story open ended
dense content
>>
>>33195365
I don't know anon. If you're too stupid to use RPG Maker then you're probably too stupid to breathe, let alone make a ROMhack.
>>
>>33195798
I never said my skill at RPG Maker. I'm talking about the damn quality of the program. It's not a good tool for Pokemon whether someone can get something out of it or not.
>>
>>33195833
It's pretty fucking easy to use dude. I think you're just an imbecile.
>>
>>33195846
Ironically you are apparently because you can't even compute my damn message properly.
>>
File: 001.jpg (48KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
48KB, 600x467px
>>33195833
>>33195365
>>33195861
>he fucking admits to being too stupid for RPG Maker
Can you even dress yourself in the morning?
>>
>>33195878
As easily as you can shit post.
>>
>>33181759
Cheers dude. I 'm not a big fan of using other people's assets but this might give me some ideas.
>>
>>33195888
Well at least you know how to do that.

How the fuck does Pokemon Essentials even make a pokemon game "wrong" anyhow?
>>
>>33195925
It doesn't make a Pokemon game wrong it's just that it's engine is sadly a little lacking. If that was fixed things would be much better.
>>
>>33195878
Mario Maker is the most complex tool I've been able to use properly without getting headaches.
>>
>>33195979
What about Lunar Magic?
>>
>>33195945
>It doesn't make a Pokemon game wrong
>>33195365
>Yeah but if the damn program can't even make a pokemon game right I don't care if it is dedicated for RPGs.
???
>>
>>33195992
I tried it, it's too difficult.
>>
File: 1449314710957.jpg (223KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1449314710957.jpg
223KB, 1024x683px
>>33195992
I actually feel sad reading this.
>>
>>33196036
Meant for >>33195979
>>
>>33196010
If Essentials was wrong I wouldn't even call them Pokemon games. They are just Pokemon games that just so happen to have shitty engines meaning they can't get it right.
>>
>>33196056
Go to bed anon. You were trying too hard to make ROMhacking sound equally as bad as Essentials and you're doing such a pisspoor job explaining why Essentials is a shitty engine that its sound like you were just too stupid to use it.

You should've just listed off some of Essentials's shitty edgy fangames like everyone else.
>>
>>33196078
I now know why you favor essentials.
>>
>33196107
Sorry anon but you gotta work harder for those (You)s.
>>
ROM hacking is for faggots who like to pretend they're smart by spending 6 hours trying to do something that could be done in a few seconds with RPG Maker.

RPG Maker is for actual developers who want to make what they want how they want instead of sitting around begging for tools.
>>
>>33195444
Yeah, I was planning on scrapping 'lillie's alolan tour, with special guest stars: you and hau" for sure
>>
File: buildings.png (17KB, 394x509px) Image search: [Google]
buildings.png
17KB, 394x509px
how do these buildings look?
>>
>>33197994
nice, but the beach trees look to symmetrical
>>
>>33197994
A bit boring, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>33197994
I think it looks great, anon.
>>
>>33197994
Boring. The buildings should stand out from each other more. Maybe don't have them perfectly aligned.
>>
>>33198239
>>33198292
>>33198417
>>33199513
Thanks. Even though I'm going to make the buildings enterable, they're in the place of those unenterable buildings on the Hau'oli beachfront. I'll try to jazz them up a bit.
>>
>>33200757
To help you, here's art of Hau'oli City.
>>
File: Hau'oli.jpg (2MB, 2271x1673px) Image search: [Google]
Hau'oli.jpg
2MB, 2271x1673px
>>33201561
Art of Hau'oli from the map art.
>>
>>33201561
>>33201568
Oh, I know what it looks like. I had my 3ds open when I was making the shoreline abf the steet, after all. The original buildings in Hau'oli look rather ugly. The first two buildings on the street are an ugly shade of pinky-beige.
And then it makes little sense from then on. For some reason, the tallest building in the city is the tourism department. Gamefreak decided that needed to be a skyscraper. On top of that, the only house or residence in the whole city is Illima's house. Unless an entire city lives in there and the tourism department, it's stupid all around.
>>
File: road road.png (201KB, 1414x704px) Image search: [Google]
road road.png
201KB, 1414x704px
road road
>>
>>33203350
(road road)
>>
>>33203350
Calle calle
>>
I can't even find roms for the original games anymore how am I supposed to play hacks
>>
>>33205016
start playing kino essentials games instead of shitty hacks
>>
>>33205016
torrents exist
>>
complete roms is the hub to go now.
>>
I haven't updated my 3ds's firmware past 11.2.0-35E (old 3ds) since I heard it was super easy to hack it in this firmware. Thing is since that is an old firmware can I still hack my 3ds using soundhax? If so could someone tell me/link me what to do? Thanks in advance for reading and for your patience.
>>
>>33205537
>>>/vg/hbg
>>
I've been thinking. The cities/towns in Alola are a pretty good example on how to NOT make a city in a hack. The buildings, for the most part, only serve as a vehicle for the player. I mean, yeah, they all kinda do, and should, but what happened the the buildings in the earlier gens that you can just walk into and talk to people in?
People like to mock skyrim for having small cities, but the gen 7 games make skyrim's capital look like a bustling metropolis.
Whatever isn't part of the plot, or a place that isn't inhabited by a Trial Captain is a locked door. Even if you don't consciously notice it, it adds to the shallow feeling of the gen 7 games.
It's so bad a lot of people (not me personally, though) didn't even realize you could enter the Hau'oli City Mall.
/autistic rant
>>
Question about Polished Crystal: how do I compile the 3.0 version?
>>
File: 1499673229559.gif (104KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499673229559.gif
104KB, 320x240px
>>33205912
Yeah, Alola has some pretty bad region design. On top of what you said about towns, there are a LOT of routes where you don't have to go through more than a couple tiny clumps of grass if any at all. It's all very straightforward with very little to find other than the things the game wants you to find.
Was anyone else disappointed when they saw that first giant mountain, then had to take the bus to get to the top, then saw you could walk down it and got excited thinking it would be a huge optional place but you can barely go anywhere down there before getting stopped by a barricade? It had seemed like they put the bus to the top there for the sake of linearity while also offering you a real "dungeon" location that had been sorely lacking, only for the area to be as half-assed as the rest of the game. At least Prism scratched my itch for long dungeons that SM failed to deliver on.
>>
File: map-gsc.jpg (62KB, 590x279px) Image search: [Google]
map-gsc.jpg
62KB, 590x279px
Is there a gsc tool for editing the macro-map? (i.e. the map on the gear, and manipulate the connectivity of routes/towns) ?
>>
>>33205016
>can't find roms
No, you just didn't look.
Emuparadise and CoolROM are like the first results on Google.
>>
File: 1492746261437.png (11KB, 504x342px) Image search: [Google]
1492746261437.png
11KB, 504x342px
>>33209010
>you just didn't look
Apparently neither did you.
>>
>>33209010
Have you been under a rock? Nintendo cracked down on all of the big sites last month.
>>
>>33205946
With rgbds 0.3.1.
>>
>>33208190
Use pokecrystal.
The Town Map tilemaps are gfx/misc/johto.bin and gfx/misc/kanto.bin. They use tiles from gfx/misc/town_map.png.
Map connections are in maps/second_map_headers.asm.
>>
>>33205016
romhustler my friendo, its the only site not touched by ninty
>>
File: wrongsprite.png (6KB, 320x293px) Image search: [Google]
wrongsprite.png
6KB, 320x293px
>>33140254
So I was able to get menu sprites for every single pokemon
But now the dolls are all messed up
Thoughts?
>>
>>33210386
Double click on the event and make sure the sprite it's using is correct.
>>
>>33210408
>>33210483
What doesn't make sense is the fact Charmander is a Poliwag and Clefairy is a Growlithe.

In the list of sprites, Poliwag and Growlithe are next to each other. Charmander and Clefairy are not...so it's not like the list just shifted.
>>
>>33210537
Poliwag's sprite is only two places after Growlithe's if you're organizing them by National Dex number.
In the decorations code, Charmander's sprite is three places after Clefairy's.
These two things definitely seem linked. Why it's two in one area and three in another I'm not sure. Can you tell me what Jigglypuff and Bulbasaur's dolls turn into?
>>
>>33210612
Don't have Bulbasaur or Jigglypuff, but Pikachu turns into Persian

It's weird because in the overworld, Pokemon sprites appear correctly. It's just dolls.
>>
>>33210713
Persian is five places before Growlithe in the Dex, and Pikachu is only two places before Clefairy in the doll order. (I'm making the assumption that TPPAC didn't add extra dolls)
>>
>>33210731
Correct, they didn't add extra dolls, but I'm not sure where you're going with this
>>
File: 1494140082729.png (178KB, 950x596px) Image search: [Google]
1494140082729.png
178KB, 950x596px
>try building the latest Polished Crystal
>trainers can talk to me no problem, but the game crashes when I try and talk to them
This game is so relatable.
>>
>>33211053
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Silent protagonists can't talk.
>>
>>33210537
It might have something to do with original icons (the 10 or so vanilla ones)
>>
>>33209472
>>33209431
Holy shit I thought you guys were trolling. They really have been taken down!
>>
>>33212903
:V
>>
God damn why is gamefreak so fucking lazy? I've seen fangames with more inspired recolors than lycanrock dusk
>>
>>33140254
>this thread is so dead that even the OP's thread image is dead
>>
>>33216988
I've been working on a ton of stuff for the engine
Will post tomorrow
>>
>>33217303
/hug/ general incoming
>>
>>33217313
>/hug/ general
Yes.
>>
>>33211053
>all those 3.0 features
>tfw no stable release
>>
File: 1499565583002.png (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499565583002.png
64KB, 300x300px
>>33215719
Fucking Zeta and Insurgeance have less-shitty formes than Duskroc. When Game Freak is doing worse than fucking edgy Essentials games there's a problem.
>>
prism cia plz
>>
>>33191530
>park in the middle of city

I actually have that in my first city as a way to get early shitmons and grass types.
>>
Does any one have a great tool to plan out maps/routes or region as a whole?

Im looking for something easy and less messy than simply drawing it like a retard by hand. Also pref something i can do from phone at work.
>>
I'm a filthy peasant noob here, where is the guide for injection?

Because fuck replaying XY for Articuno and Moltres.
>>
>>33219397
Let me rephrase this, is Github's Sun and Moon Injection guide a good one to go by?
>>
>>33219345
tiled
>>
File: Route 12.png (536KB, 1440x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Route 12.png
536KB, 1440x1600px
I need to take a step back from this and get other's opinion.
>>
>>33220660
It looks cool, but the actual map itself appears to lack depth. Clearly you have high cliffs and waterfalls. But the cliff edges you can walk along look as if they're right next to the ground below.
Also the three waterfalls at the top seem like a bit too much. Maybe just two. Join the middle and right one together with. Yeah it'll block the cave entrance, but it would be cool to have a hidden cave behind the waterfall. A secret of sorts.
The forests along the bottom are a bit too thick. Try adding in just a few boulders or leaving a gap of one tree here and there.
>>
>>33220660
The spot where the waterfalls hit the corners of land on the top left looks really awkward.
>>
>>33220660
I honestly don't like the cliff tiles that you're using. They look cool, but they look overly grid-like and distracting.
>>
>>33221560
I see what you mean by lack of depth. Overall I'm gonna rework that area, I just don't feel like puting the cave entrance under a waterfall since it's supposed to be the main path.Actually I already planned to add entrances to hidden paths under waterfalls.
>>33221627
Definitely gonna rework that area.
>>33223020
Honestly I was thinking the same, it feels to noisy but I was waiting for a second opinion before making new tiles.

Thanks for the advices guys.
>>
>>33223185
I think the cliffs as they are look fine, but would be better with a "clifftop" tile that runs along to top as a sort of outcrop and makes you know that it's the end of the floor before the sheer cliff.
>>
What was the name of meme rom-hack where there was a pokemon that looked muslim and had a bomb in hand, and the TV had bane references.
>>
>>33224329
That's Clover
>>
Is this a thread to go to to request injected pokemon?
>>
Is there a finished gen 3 remake of yellow?
>>
>>33224928
No
>>33225209
Not to my knowledge
>>
>>33225209
I know they were attempting to add following pokemon to gen 3 for years.
>>
>>33217303
>Will post tomorrow
>tomorrow's almost over
Whelp, /hug/ is canceled, everyone. Pack it up.

Seriously, no rush. I assume you're just waiting for this thread to hit the bump limit and post your new shit in a clean thread.
>>
>>33227191
that and I have even more stuff than I planned yesterday
>>
>>33227267
This is wonderful news
>>
I think I'm going to take another stab at attempting to map Alola with GSC tiles. I will almost certainly fail and the results will almost undoubtedly look beyond shitty, but I feel that I must at least attempt after my botched attempt at mapping Hau'oli City that was so bad I chose not to even post it out of shame; instead, I mapped SW Sinnoh, which went better than expected.

Wish me luck with Melemele.
>>
>>33227191
>>33227267
>>33227422
epic black surprise text

simply epic
>>
>>33227427
If our culture here at 4chan bothers you so much, there's many other websites for you to be a colossal faggot on.
>>
File: 1484287437072.gif (47KB, 332x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484287437072.gif
47KB, 332x281px
>>33227427
boo!
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.