[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 1480615435244.png (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480615435244.png
126KB, 500x500px
/vpwt/: Lazy Sundays edition

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ].

Previous: >>32853321

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and anons looking for things to write may search our ideabin for something appealing.
Feel free to add prompts that you'd like others to consider.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>How do I post fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Indicate "NSFW" beside the link.

>May I add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalog.

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to use a name/trip while posting or discussing their work for clarity's sake.

TotT: How would you make a character that is lazy and/or unmotivated interesting?
>>
TotT: That's a good question. I've been toying with the idea of using an overly lazy girl as the MC for a fic I've been writing. I feel like as long as there's more depth to the character than just "sleeping all day," it can be interesting.
The lengths some lazy people go to to not do even a little work is a little surprising.
>>
File: 61843991_p1_master1200.jpg (362KB, 918x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61843991_p1_master1200.jpg
362KB, 918x1200px
ToTT: Simple, I just write about myself. Then the character will always be unmotivated and uninteresting.
>>
>>32918514
Fuck off bui
>>
>>32917568
Oh right guess I should do that fic recap thing.

Traipsingexodus makes a oneshot involving a Mhuman and FWeavile. NSFW
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11290725

Updated fics:

Manifested Destiny's The Dark Type chapter 16
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/25250748

Unown's Fledglings Chapter 54
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/54/Fledglings

OrangeCitrin's revised First Contact
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11323233/chapters/25345599
>>
>TotT
Just because a character is lazy doesn't mean that the rest of their character traits are required to suffer for it. Sloth doesn't have to be the ultimate defining thing about a character, just an add-on that might guide their goals and opinions. Additionally, the fact that they're lazy at all can be used to punctuate the times when they ARE serious.
>>
/vpwt/: We Got Raided Edition
>>
File: 1453177066790.jpg (30KB, 240x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453177066790.jpg
30KB, 240x270px
>>32917568
>TotT
Actually the character I'm writing about is very unmotivated. I plan to use circumstances and plot to make for an interesting story. Force the character into situations where her laziness doesn't work. Who knows, maybe there might be some actual character development by the end. Who am I kidding?
>>
>>32917568
>Tott
My mc is pretty "lazy and unmotivated", basically because hes already done it all. But that just gives him knowledgeable insight to pass on to other, less experienced characters. Personally, im tired of stories about the young trainer who's only just starting their Pokemon journey. Although there is a character like that in my story as well. They kind of balance each other out. Basically, the one character just started the game, while the mc has already beat all the gyms, leveled up his team, cleared side quests, and now he's just totally chillin' in the meta. He's living thay Postgame life
>>
>>32917568
I would build the world around the MC instead, having not so lazy folk reacting to how the fuck one man can be so lazy in a time of crisis I.e: world being flooded by rain? Fuck that and go fishing, at least until Kyogre steals the fishing rod.
>>
>>32919782
so like One Punch Man?
>>
mods, pls
>>
File: Argus Bane.png (57KB, 160x334px) Image search: [Google]
Argus Bane.png
57KB, 160x334px
We all know the hero we need right now.

Topic of the thread: He's lazy and unmotivated but events happen that force him to do things. Fun ensues.
>>
>>32920596
Write it yourself, you obnoxious fuck
And stop spamming, you aren't funny
>>
>>32920631
i think it's a bot, i got sick of reporting it and just filtered it instead
>>
>>32920665
Whether it's a bot or not, I just hope it stops soon. I'd rather not have literally every other post in this thread be spam.
>>
Hey writefags I recently decided I need a creative outlet and figured that letting my autism control me while writing was as good an idea as any. 3/4 pages in and I'm looking for a few tips
A) I think I'm chewing on the scenery too much
B) I'm trying to fit too much into the exposition. What are the more accepted bits of canon, or headcanon that are almost universal among you? The games have some weird quirks when you adapt them so I figured playing it closer to the anime's mechanics would be more organic, is that about accurate?
C)on the subject of that I'd like to know what you think of pokedexes. A rare commodity with encyclopedic knowledge? A research tool to share data with others? A ubiquitous item only edited by professors and other researchers?
D) A retelling of the typical "trainer goes on the gym challenge and makes friends and meets challenges along the way" thing is probably played out, yeah?
E) I forget how dialogue works when writing.
F) Getting over the shame that I'm writing a pokemon fan fiction
>>
>>32920837
It's cool that you're asking all these questions bruh, but I will have to respond with a question:

What is the story you are trying to tell?

Also, yeah, I'd go for anime mechanics. Them standing around waiting for orders only makes sense in the context of the Game Boy.
>>
>>32920873
I remember a nice fic that incorporated the game rules really well, wish I could find it again.
>>
File: 1494380559050.png (137KB, 450x654px) Image search: [Google]
1494380559050.png
137KB, 450x654px
>>32920837
I cannot comment on most of your alphabetical points because you haven't shown the actual fiction as of yet. But based on your ideas and lack of a sample I will say this: there are times where the typically cliché works brilliantly by exploring a new concept. As for your sense of shame for doing something you might enjoy, I suggest taking a look at why you feel that way. It likely won't help your writing until you sort that out.

>Pic related
Why do we even have MODS when this insufferable spam goes unabated?
>>
File: filter this.png (49KB, 946x546px)
filter this.png
49KB, 946x546px
>>32920890
>>
File: Genesect (21).png (675KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Genesect (21).png
675KB, 1280x720px
>>32920837
To answer some of these I'd need to see some of what you're actually writing. Let me give a crack at the ones I can do though:

C) The ability to look up the data Pokedexes contain is widely available through computer programs, apps and the like (an example of this in canon could be the P*DA from the Orre games) but actual official Pokedexes are somewhat rare items only certain people have and afford certain privileges to their owners.

D) I prefer to use the traditional gym concept as a "skeleton" so to speak, providing support to the "flesh" that is the actual story.
>>
>>32920873
Good question to ask, it does help me that I don't have an answer right now I feel. I'll have to think on that and start over
>>32920890
The shame's probably more about confidence than anything. I haven't written anything voluntarily since 4th grade now that I think about it. Need to think on the concept as well.

If I end up posting this somewhere and get a good reception maybe you'll see me again. Thanks.
>>
>>32918598
>I ended up posting a chapter last thread

Oh good, now i don't feel so bad.

Last week was full of shit so I didn't have any time to post anything. Should be okay this week.
>>
>>32921077
aw what's wrong bui? :c
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.