[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List Sun/Moon problem:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>>
Not as good as XY
>>
no option to marry my waifus
>>
>>32678662
Which was itself not as good as BW/2
>>
>>32678649
Pelipper encounter rate
Can't rebattle trainers
Can't skip cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs
Gumshoos/Raticate encounter rate
Finding the last 2 or 3 Zygarde cells if you're not doing them all in one go off a list
Can't wear NPC trainer outfits. I would have liked to see the player decked out in Rising Star clothes, at least for the school portion
Magikarp fishing rate, even in rippling spots
Literally everything about Festival Plaza
Zygarde Core not in the game aside from one graphic and you can't pet it in Refresh
Can't use Zygarde full at will
Refresh bonuses broken and can't be turned off
Pelipper encounter rate
Men orgasming over malasadas on literally every tv in the game except 2
>>
From what I usually hear

Too many cutscenes
It's lillie's game
Linear
UB lack much story relevance
No pps
Bottom screen is useless
Festival Plaza is horrible
Only kanto mon got alola forms
Most of the non legend alola mon suck in competitive play
Post game grinding takes too long to make use of hyper training
No Dexnav
No O-Powers

Anything I missed?
>>
>>32678649
1. it's bad
2. it's not good
>>
>>32678685
XY may be shit but it was better than the Gen 5 games at least
>>
LAG
>>
>>32678649

They were made.
>>
>>32678801
You are...entilted to your opinion.
>>
>IV shit
>Not enough new pokemon
>Lack of end game content
>Taking out super training
>Still having to spend endless amount of time to get a good comp team
>>
>>32678754
>Pelipper encounter rate
THIS SO MUCH REEE, ESPECIALLY ON NUZLOCKES I WOULD ALWAYS FIND ONE OF THESE
>Can't rebattle trainers
this, especially since its such a pain to grind on the game
>Can't skip cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs
this doesnt bother me desu
>Gumshoos/Raticate encounter rate
this counts the same as pelipper, why make it a separate point
>Finding the last 2 or 3 Zygarde cells if you're not doing them all in one go off a list
i never did the zygarde shit
>Can't wear NPC trainer outfits. I would have liked to see the player decked out in Rising Star clothes, at least for the school portion
i dont see any issue with this
>Magikarp fishing rate, even in rippling spots
>Literally everything about Festival Plaza
god fucking damnit this so fucking much i fucking despise that fucking plaza, why they couldn't use the pss again
>Zygarde Core not in the game aside from one graphic and you can't pet it in Refresh
>Can't use Zygarde full at will
>Refresh bonuses broken and can't be turned off
this has been a thing since xy
>Pelipper encounter rate
>Men orgasming over malasadas on literally every tv in the game except 2
>>
Pokemon sucks
>>
New mons are garbage except toxapex and powercreep legends; slow, low BST and obvious moves missing for no good reason
Stupid distribution, especially of new mons
Too many cutscenes in first few hours
Trainer models fuck up the perspective even more, lag the shit out of battles, removed two battle formats
Festival plaza shit, removed PSS because they cheaped out on servers
Easily missable captain battles, they should at least hint at them
Refresh still tied to easymode affection
No National Dex
>>
>>32678756
>Too many cutscenes
>It's lillie's game
you can say that bw was N's game, i dont see any issue with this
>Linear
like every pokemon game, i dont see any issue with this
>UB lack much story relevance
this
>No pps
pps? i think you meant pss
>Bottom screen is useless
i liked the map
>Festival Plaza is horrible
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT THIS
>Only kanto mon got alola forms
this too, i wanted other mons to get alola forms
>Most of the non legend alola mon suck in competitive play
i give 0 (zero) shits about competitive shit
>Post game grinding takes too long to make use of hyper training
this so fucking much
>No Dexnav
anybody who thought the dexnav wasnt ORAS only is delusional
>No O-Powers
this

overall i agree with most stuff that has been listed on the thread so far, i still enjoyed the games a lot
>>
>>32678871
BW wasn't really N's game since you weren't following him or helping him every 5 seconds. N was an antagonistic force anyways.
>>
>level design is at the lowest it's ever been in pokemon
>story is underwhelming and overfocused on one character
>post-game is bare and empty
>festival plaza is utter shit
>pokemon distribution is completely asinine with a lot of alolamons locked behind 1% encounter rates
>bottom screen is a downgrade from gen 6, and is worse than any other bottom screen in the series, even D/P's
>new features were implemented poorly or feel lackluster, such as Pokefinder
>removal of features such as Triple Battles
>game runs poorly, even on new 3DS
>all the new Pokemon have abysmal stats except for legends
>>
>>32678649
I feel like the cafe had much more behind it than what we got.
>>
>>32678871
>i give 0 (zero) shits about competitive shit

Same here, but you have to admit more than a few of them are just so subpar battle wise for no reasonable reason compared to older gen pokemon.
>>
Hau and Lillie kept grabbing the controller off me every time I entered a new area.

I just wanted to play my game.
>>
no lillie pantyshots
>>
>>32679006
Underrated post
>>
>>32678649
- Fishing a Pokémon not named Magikarp and Wishiwashi is harder because they have a 1% of appearing (10% in bubbling spots), bubbling spots dissapear if you either fish something or run near of it forcing you to re-enter the area, you can only fish on selected spots instead of everywhere. You don't want to know about HAs.
- SOS is the only way to get HAs. It is a downgrade compared to XY's Hordes and Friend Safari and ORAS' Hordes and DexNav because this depends heavily on wild Pokémon and you don't have control of it besides Intimidate/Pressure/Unnerve and Adrenaline Orb.
- After introducing the PSS they went full retarded and replaced it with the inferior Festival Plaza, which is also an inferior Join Avenue besides buying Premier Balls.
- Lack of adult girls and a lot of underage girls makes you feel like a pedophile.
- The only available Mega Stones in-game are the ones for Pokémon in the Alola Dex that can Mega Evolve (Alakazam, Gengar, Garchomp, Lucario, etc.) instead if having all existant Mega Stones. The only reason that are giving away all the restant Mega Stones was because people complained about it.
- Lot of Kanto pandering (this wouldn't be a problem if XY didn't pander to Kanto).
- Because of Poké Ride all field moves were removed, including the ones that weren't HMs at all (Dig, Sweet Scent, etc.). The games also have a Move Deleter but he doesn't have a purpose now.
- Lack of Post-Game kills the game quickly than XY. Even when it doesn't have many options, XY at least has PR Videos and Battle Institute, which SM lacks.
- Lack of good options for customization is a big problem because most people will end using the same outfit, also version exclusive clothing was a very retarded move.
>>
>>32679076
>Lack of adult girls and a lot of underage girls makes you feel like a pedophile.
These games are made for children so naturally there would be a lot of child or child-like characters
>>
>>32679076
>- Lack of adult girls and a lot of underage girls makes you feel like a pedophile.
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
File: 1496379825789.jpg (261KB, 1280x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1496379825789.jpg
261KB, 1280x1051px
Incineroar
>>
What was the problem with cutscenes? Too much? You can't skip them? MH4U have fucking 98 cutscenes and you can't skip them even in a second save. A few are skipable but all players have to skip

Do you remember beating your rival on the League on RBY? All the conversation with Prof.Oak would be resolve with a fucking cutscene nowadays.
>>
File: 1364498645862.jpg (161KB, 1000x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1364498645862.jpg
161KB, 1000x1141px
>Niggers arguing over who has the intellectual high ground:The thread.
To be honest, I am actually enjoying this.
>>
>>32679231
Too much and unskippable, making a second play through of the game unbearable
>>
>>32679076
>- Lack of adult girls and a lot of underage girls makes you feel like a pedophile.
It concerns me that I can't tell whether or not this is sarcasm
>>
>unlock more to Wela Volcano, Brooklet Hill and Victory Road after beating the elite four
>the golf course being used as a rich persons battle club thing with rich powerful trainers that shuffle around every so often like the Battle Chateau. Could have trial captain and kahuna rebattles
>somewhere in the game with LV 60+ wild pokemon, fully evolved
>difficulty levels in the Battle Tree so that non-competitve players can actually get mega stones
>a totem ice type just hanging around in Victory Road, with evolved ice types as wild pokemon
>less cutscenes

my own ideas for improvements
>>
>>32679231

It was at the end of the game, what do you expect? blue saying "uh I lost" and then the credits?, I hadn't played that games and I'm sure I'll never do but a lot of people complains about cutscenes because it's an excesive hand-holding.
>>
>>32678649
New Pokemon have shit encounter rate
New Pokemon are just terrible
UBs and legendaries take up a 1/4 of the new pokemon
No national dex
Too many cut scenes
No way to skip or fast forward through the cut scenes
Too linear
Zygarde pushed in for no reason
No Zygarde Core
Festival Plaza is complete trash
Refresh is broken
Bottom screen might as well be non existent
Outfits are worse than XYs
Soulless MC
Lillie: The game
Post game grinding is shit
Framerate is shit
Framerate is even worse in double battles
Puzzles are babytier
Fishing is more time consuming
SOS is trash
Not all the mega stones are available in game
Alola forms are all Kanto mons
Too many features removed (dexnav, o-powers, PSS)
Post game is shit

I think that's everything
>>
>>32678801
I disagree with the other anon, that opinion is too dumb for anyone to have.
>>
- no alola nidoran line
- not a full game epilogue
- i just want an interpol game
- hau's part wasn't split between lillie and gladion to give them more lines
- needed more team skull involvement because honestly them not being the True Enemy would've surprised me if they had drawn it out a little better
- i know gf pacing like i expect much
- post-game rotomdex really needs an update, please just patch that because everytime i hear about hau i'm like fuck you i'm the champ he should bring me malasadas
- not able to re-battle trial captains (or find some), this goes especially for mina + the art commentary she makes, it'd be nice if you got some ugly extra outfit like you did post-game (slurpuff dress was ridiculous)
- overall it just didn't feel as grand? i would've liked there to be more of the usual dungeon crawl. i've said i hated it in the past but it just feels like you step outside a safe area and for 10 feet it's battles then you're back in a nice safezone.
- the actual cities were so nothing? like i wish the islands were bigger and had more to them.
- po town could've been really interesting (and even spooky), it's too bad you didn't have to battle your way through every house to get to the mansion
- i want to give that team skull member outside of town a carnivine :(

i like that there's more dialogue and friendship shit but god could they maybe parse it especially the beginning

also none of the really old people are hot like previous generations (xy gentleman/lady and their vets are literally the best no matter what you think of the games
>>
I really can't add much, but these bothered me
>hand holding while there is an objective marker in a very short, simple and linear routes and towns
>Crabominable and Vikavolt suck despite being late game mons that could've easily been stone evolutions
>no way to obtain multiple Johto balls
>Akala island trials are linear when it would've been better if they let you take them on in whatever order
>The hotels on Akala island are literally nothing
>Towns and routes are too small
>Trainer models just slow the battle down and don't do anything and make the Pokemons scale and proportions
>Trying to be like YW watch at times but, without all things that make YW fun
>>
The lack of gyms was offensive and made playing through the game incredibly boring. The challenges were never difficult and you didn't feel like you fucking did anything.

The lack of alolan pokemon was sort of lame--they made so few and introduced so few new pokemon, at a certain point you're like, eh, why bother.

No national dex? Really? This makes sense on some planet?
>>
>>32679445
>post-game rotomdex really needs an update, please just patch that because everytime i hear about hau i'm like fuck you i'm the champ he should bring me malasadas

He needs more lines in general. Dude, I completed the dex months ago, it's not time for 'dexing in the morning'. Yes, we are playing bingo up in here, but it's not clever when you say it upwards of 50 times.
>>
>>32679466
>The lack of gyms was offensive and made playing through the game incredibly boring
not really
most gym battles are just click X super effective attack
>>
>The day before Pokémon Direct is National Autism Day on /vp/.
Thank you. Good to know.
>>
>>32679518
You're just now realizing this? It's been like that since Nintendo first started selling hanafuda cards.
>>
File: 1482967008531.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482967008531.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
How backwards the festival plaza is, especially with clothes and dye.

>exclusive clothes depending on which version you play
>have a 1/6 chance of buying a specific piece of clothing from a plaza guest
>can't buy glasses or hats from opposite gender players
>can only get bright dye from 5 star shops, can't use berries for that
>dyed clothes aren't the exact same colors as ones bought in stores
>dying understandably replaces the white clothing used, but you can't buy another of it so you have to use the same one for every color replacement

Who the fuck approved this?
>>
>>32679539
This is my first year on 4chan, actually. I wouldn't have had any prior knowledge about this.
>>
>>32679573

Aw thats cute :3
>>
>mod cleared out all the autism arguments
Thank you, based mods.
>>
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I hate how SOS is handled. You can't go a single wild encounter without the fucker at least trying to call someone to help. This was an interesting addition but Since you can't go one battle without it happening, and because wild encounters give shit exp, there's no reason not to run at the beginning of the fight.
>>
>too many cutscenes
>too linear
then go play western trash
>>
Yo, bitches! Ya missed a spot.
>>32679569
>>
>>32679614
It really should have been limited to Adrenaline Orbs.
>>
>>32678754
there's tvs that don't have the malasada thing?
>>
File: snapshot20151028132413.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20151028132413.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
No Contests for male players and Showcases for girl players with cute idols in sexy outfits. If they were going to port Zygarde and Ash Greninja from the anime they should have brought the cute girls too.
>>
>>32679573
abandon ship this is a lost cause
>>
>>32679641
The one in your bedroom showing Stand By Me and the one in the Power Plant museum showing museum things.
>>
They still need Megas, because Z-Moves are pretty fucking useless. Here is hoping that the next installment doesn't blueball us.
>>
Most of the complaints on this thread plus
-Trainers don't walk up to you when engaging in a battle
-Trainer types don't have their own encounter theme.

>>32679614
I find interesting how you can avoid SOS just by inflicting the pokemon with a status but the game never tells you, the same game that won't shut-up about every minor mechanic doesn't tell you about such an important detail.
>>
>>32679653
>the Power Plant
I forgot about this area add this to the list of complaints
>>
Cant re battle trainers. No good place to grind to lvl. 100 besides the very last grass patch pf poni island
>>
A lot of the more unusual maps/terrains were really boring. The Volcano, power plant, etc.

I think my biggest specific complaint is the final cave where you catch Guzzlord. Gee, a fucking endgame cave with a level 70. Kinda reminds me of Cerulean Cave. Oh wait, there's no goddamn pokemon in it but the same fucking trash mobs we've had since minute one.

And it's short and linear.

What a waste of fucking potential for a final dungeon.
>>
And the shit flinging begins again, it seems. Yare yare da.
>>
>>32679733
Guzzlord was one of the biggest mistakes.
>>
File: 1471165473854.png (32KB, 365x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471165473854.png
32KB, 365x270px
>>32678801
What do you dislike about Gen 5? What did XY do better?
>>
THIS IS THE MOST POINTLESS SIDE-QUEST OF ALL POKEMON GAMES.

You don't get anything by doing it, not even the usual battle buffet reward. Hell the battle buffet is a mess why they couldn't make so after being named the king/queen you could just re-enter the buffet every time? why there aren't Happiny/Blissey trainers in the buffet? the place is set for that, there's even a chansey omellete and happinys do appear in melemele.
>>
Online interface was a step back from XY.
Still has FPS drops on their third pair of games for the same system. They remove the 3D effect for the majority to avoid this but even with that gone there is still drops.
Postgame is the same as the past two pairs of games.

They're just slightly better than XY, but even then that is not saying much. But they sold great thanks to the GO push, so I expect the next games to be like this.
>>
>>32679231
The problem is the excessive fucking interrupts. There's like 15 minutes of actual cutscenes and HOURS of fade-to-black interrupts from Lillie, Professor Machismo, and Malasada Man.
>>
>>32680118
This. They're bogging themselves down with excessive introductory stuff like in the past few zelda games. Hopefully they'll take a hint from BotW and make the next main series in the game very minimal in terms of tutorial. At least that's what made the first few games great
>>
>>32680264
The difference is that Zelda games don't have the obligatory baggage that Pokemon has.
The Zelda team can keep or ditch as many conventions as they like because the games don't connect to one another.
For Pokemon, being able to transfer all your mons is a massive selling point, so they have to bring along all the previous stats and systems, without risking confusion to any newcomers.
Pokemon is always gonna have a ton of tutorials unless they ditch connectivity between gens.
>>
>>32678649
besides the cutscenes and handholding, the region just doesn't feel like pokemon for me.

There isn't that exploratory sense you get from past regions. Maybe because it's physically smaller or because it's all islands, but man it just doesn't feel like pokemon :/

I hate to say it but maybe full 3D was a mistake?
>>
>>32680307
I personally don't see gen connectivity being a huge issue in terms of tutorials. It's usually an optionally end game feature
>>
>>32680307
I'm pretty sure people just want a skip button that's actually a skip button and not "I'm going to ask you a yes or no question only they both really mean yes".
>>
File: 1473034632343.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1473034632343.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>32680308
>There isn't that exploratory sense you get from past regions. Maybe because it's physically smaller or because it's all islands, but man it just doesn't feel like pokemon
Well, strangely, for me it was all the contrary...
>>
>>32680308
>just doesn't feel like pokemon for me.
>but man it just doesn't feel like pokemon :/
I can absolutely understand not liking the region (even if I disagree) but to say it "doesn't feel like pokemon" is vague and meaningless and entirely subjective - it's the same thing as genwunners saying that about the rest of the series.

>:/
>>>/out/
>>
Cutscenes and dialogue. Couldn't even finish the game because the game couldn't stop preventing me from playing. To think I once thought this could be among the best Pokémon games. I even defended the region saying it only looked small because of perspective. What a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>32678649
>Game shits itself if you do a double battle
>Didn't scale the Pokemon to their Pokedex size when adding trainers making the scaling issues even more obvious
>Barebones endgame
>FUCKING STUPID ASS FESTIVAL PLAZA
>Didn't add all big name trainers to Battle Tree
>Didn't finish the following pokemon mechanic
>Went out of its way to make Lillie an obnoxious character to the point where it almost physically hurt me whenever she spoke
>Cutscene extravaganza
>Stupid villain motive
>Not letting us battle Mother Beast Lusamine as herself instead making us fight her same team except they're glowing
>Insane amount of Genwunner pandering
>No decent waifus
>Very few new Pokemon
>not letting me marry Hau
>>32678662
Which is saying something given how shit X/Y was
>>
>>32678649
Pokemon
>>
>>32678662
This is totally false. I've never been able to get through a replay of X/Y, the region is too shit.
>>
>>32680969
>No decent waifus
Kahili, Lusamine, Anabel, Burnet and Olivia are a thing, though.
>>
>>32678756
SOS mechanic is annoying as hell.
All the new Pokemon are ugly as fuck.
Story is trash and forced down my throat.
>>
>>32681566
Forgot Plumeria.
>>
>>32681308
The problem is with you. X&Y were fun as hell. Massive selection of Pokemon means assembling hugely varied teams is easy. The region is comfy and has a lot of charm to it. The story is trash, but...literally none of the stories of mainline Pokemon games are worth a damn. At least it's relatively non-intrusive unlike B/W & S/M.
>>
>>32680264
I'd like to see them attempt an open world style pokemon game. Or at least something with a massive, diverse map with secrets ALL over the place
>>
>>32678649
new Pokemon are either bulky but weak and slow, or Fast but weak and frail
>>
File: 1489633967448.jpg (397KB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
1489633967448.jpg
397KB, 1280x827px
>>32679015
Kill yourself.
>>32681588
>I can't think of anything positive, better call it comfy!
And here I thought only Johtards like to abuse this word.
>At least it's relatively non-intrusive unlike B/W & S/M
Your pals totally don't stop you at every corner to waste your time with whatever, right? Quit being so full of shit and get a clue.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.