[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finish Sun pokemon league >Get to battle tree after beating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1492018062925.png (447KB, 441x804px) Image search: [Google]
1492018062925.png
447KB, 441x804px
>finish Sun pokemon league
>Get to battle tree after beating all the tough trainers on the newly unlocked route
>Expect to find a pokemon centre in the battle tree
>Encounter red and blue
>They challenge me to a battle with my half dead, half half-dead party with their full health 6 Mon parties

Who is the idiot who designed this shit game?
>>
>both of them are really shitty trainers anyway, but damn how dare they impose an ingame npc challenge at an important area
>!!!
>>
>>32404650
It's a forced battle for which you have no warning when any reasonable player would expect to encounter a pkmn centre upon entering the area.
>>
>>32404659
Sorry you didn't think an area called "gauntlet" would end in a great battle like most gauntlets do.
Everyone else is happy they're in it at all.
>>
File: 1492368494149.gif (777KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1492368494149.gif
777KB, 500x371px
>>32404643
Blue mutherfucking Oak aboard SS Anne, Silver in Victory Road, Wally in Victory Road, Barry on crack ery time Oh hey lets battle kay buy, Bianca and Cheren every five minutes. Do you need your hand held that much?
>>
>>32404668
>>32404671
Jesus, fucking Nintendrones are relentless.

Anyway, where do I buy quick balls? Went to route 8 pkmn centre and they don't sell them, so I'm pretty confused.
>>
>>32404659
are you 12? crying because it got a little hard on you? you're pathetic.
>>
>>32404696
Hey dude, there's plenty wrong with sun and moon. i don't even acknowledge anything past gen 5. but don't pick something somewhat challenging to complain about.
>>
>>32404706
I don't mind challenging, i just feel like the nice surprise of getting to battle them was ruined by the fact that I only had three living pokemon that were all half dead.

The game has an NPC heal your mons in way less important situations.

You know what I'm saying?
>>
>>32404643
Dude, you are literally complaining about the difficulty of a child's game. Why is this even a thread? You're complaining about something that isn't even an issue. If you lost to Red/Blue, that's your own damn fault. Your incompetence begs the question of why you're even here. I apologize for ranting, but holy fuck does your post piss me off. You are a prime paragon of the idiots that plague this board, jacking off to mythical creatures and shitting it up for everybody else. You may be entitled to an opinion, but seriously, fuck off, man.
>>
>>32404713
The fact that you can't even digest my posts to determine that I'm not complaining about the difficulty level of those trainers is just sad.

Remove your sub90 IQ dumb ass from the gene pool.
>>
>>32404711
I get it, you get used to the free heals then get shafted when you really need one. All comes down to poor game design, which gamefreak are fairly synonymous with at this point.
>>
File: 1481861531741.png (403KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481861531741.png
403KB, 1000x750px
>>32404716
Exactly my point, thank-you!
>>
>>32404715
The difficulty is in the lack of hand-holding i.e. healing stations before every major fight. You're the sub 90 IQ imbecile that can't understand that. What's sad is that you felt the need to complain about a game designed to be player-friendly for 10 year-olds. Grow a pair and a brain while you're at it. You're the pathetic one.
>>
>>32404720
>No you!

Okay, retard.
>>
>>32404643
I wish that red and blue were simply standing there blocking the way and you had to talk to them to proceed, which would have at least made you backtrack if you thought that talking to them would initiate a battle. i would have preferred it if they made you face both of them in a row but gave you warning, so you could go back through the long route and prepare

the red/blue fight is to tell the kids that had previously steamrolled the game with an overlevelled starter that the battle tree poses a significant increase in difficulty, but having to go through both of them with prep time would still make for a difficult fight
>>
>>32404720
wow dude, calm down. the healing spots all over the shop is a bad system, but its not evidence that folk are bad at the game. Gamefreak just don't do a good job. In gen 5 they saved you the time of running back to a centre to heal, now they are so common players expect them around every corner. It's nothing to get so hostile about
>>
>>32404742
The OP sounded pretty mad. It's just a game, after all.
>>
>reach the end of a really long route
>no idea what's ahead
>heal my Pokemon before moving forward
>beat Blue the first time around
It's your fault for not being prepared OP.
>>32404716
I don't understand this. There were nonstop threads complaining about Hau healing you and giving you revives, but when GF took the training wheels off, it was still a problem.
GF can't win with you people in my opinion.
>>
>>32404959
It's not difficult to understand. Pokemon games suck now. Insert battle frontier quote here. The free heals used to be convenient and now are so common players have grown to expect them everywhere. It's like a kid learning to swim or something. Shallow end is great when you have your arm bands on, then out of nowhere, someone just throws you in the deep end, no floats no nothing. It's real easy to see
>>
File: 1487216464569.png (224KB, 488x383px) Image search: [Google]
1487216464569.png
224KB, 488x383px
>>32404981
>The free heals used to be convenient and now are so common players have grown to expect them everywhere.
Do you get free heals in the E4? Do you get free heals before a Totem Pokemon? Do you get free heals before wild Pokemon? Random Trainers?
The answer is no, in fact, you're really only given free heals before Hau battles and a few others. Sun and Moon alone had multiple instances where you were 'ambushed', i.e the first Gladion fight and Plumeria. Shit, Dexio comes at you out of nowhere with a Mega Alakazam with no warning only a few routes before Poni Gauntlet.
> then out of nowhere, someone just throws you in the deep end, no floats no nothing
It's fucking p o s t g a m e. You're already in the deep end, fighting trainers with lv.60 Pokemon, why the fuck would you be expecting Hau to run up behind you, smack you on the ass with 5 Full Restores, heal your team and suck your dick?
Nothing was keeping you from healing your team before moving forward and nothing was keeping you from frying back to a Poke center if half your team was dead and you didn't know what was ahead of you.
The bottom line is you got your ass handed to you by Red and Blue and instead of admitting you didn't prepare properly you're blaming the game like some little kid.
>>
>>32405010
expecting Hau to do what he did through the entire game because he did it through the entire game. And I got my ass handed to me by no one. Like I said, haven't played anything since gen 5. Shitty games aren't worth the money. Either way, you don't have to get so hostile about it
>>
>>32405052
So you're just shitposting about a game you haven't played?
You'd fit right in over on >>>/v/, anon.
>>
>>32405052
He's right though. Nothing to complain about except your own incompetence if you thought Hau was going to do anything in the postgame.
>>
>>32405063
guess i cant have an opinion unless i pay someone first, seems legit
>>
>>32405136
If you haven't played the game how would you form an opinion based on your own experience?
>>
>>32405010
Yes i do because i farm berries pp and hp were never a problem since 4 gen
>>
>>32404696
>thinks a pokemon game is too hard
>n-nintendrones!

>>>/neogaf/
even leddit's too good for you
>>
>>32405155
You don't have to be so hostile ;_;
>>
well so what, the worst thing that happens is you faint once, whatever go there again and be happy there was a challenge for once, not epxpecting it is part of it
>>
OP, you're a fucking idiot. Did you even save before entering the Battle Tree? Probably not; you probably didn't save since the Poké Center at the beginning of Poni Island. You got too used to hand-holding, and you paid the fucking price for being a shit Trainer, son. Sorry it took you so long to realize that you can't hold a candle to Red and Blue, the OG Trainers of the best game in the series. Stop posting on your dad's laptop and git gud.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (51KB, 822x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
51KB, 822x1000px
>>32404643
>he lost to an npc in a children's game
>blue of all npcs

AHHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32405741
To be fair, blue had a better team than red. Still doesn't excuse him losing, though.
>>
>>32404659
That's literally how the games used to be. Stop being 14
>>
People like you is why Pokemon is braindead easy now. You realize there was battles without warning in older games, right?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.