[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 63

File: 1483296407715.jpg (107KB, 600x548px) Image search: [Google]
1483296407715.jpg
107KB, 600x548px
HAAH WAAW Edition. Previous thread: >>32245326

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install them. You won't lose any online features or anything doing so, don't worry. You'll be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more!

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware .wads, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American.

Side Topic: There is none. /pmdg/ is kill.
>>
I was wondering, does anyone prefer the 2D sprites to 3D models? I do. I've always just adored spritework in any game, and EoS was particularly pleasing to me, so that's just my opinion.
The models are fine, but the sprites seem better to me.
>>
Alright, here we go. Post your favorite:
>main story + epilogue
>postgame
>town
>soundtrack (overall)
>single music track (YT link optional)
>partner (game)
>partner (specific Pokemon)
>PMD game overall
>>
>>32371544
>Gates
>Sky
>Treasure Town
>Gates, Sky is really close 2nd
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CyLFyT05Nk
>Gates
>Chespin, got him through the quiz naturally so that was nice
>Sky, Super is a close 2nd
>>
File: tumblr_ob83ftwhcz1tthegko1_250.png (15KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob83ftwhcz1tthegko1_250.png
15KB, 170x170px
>>32371321
Same here anon, the 3D models don't have much personality to them like the sprites did. Portraits were also pretty inconsistent at times, unlike the sprite's portraits.

>>32371544
>main story + epilogue
Sky
>postgame
Rescue Team
>town
Treasure Town/Post Town
>soundtrack (overall)
Tie between Sky and Super
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05th2er6_VE
>partner (game)
Sky/Gates
Snivy because his portraits in Gates fit with his dialogue and I thought it was cute
>PMD game overall
Sky and Gates storywise
>>
>>32371544
>Gates
>Rescue Team
>Pokémon Square
>Super
>Second Dark Matter Battle
>Gates
>I feel like Oshawott fit the Gates partner pretty well
>Super
>>
>>32371306
Who would win in a fight, Primal Lamirp or Aglaid Dialga?
>>
>>32371544
>main story + epilogue
Explorers
>postgame
Explorers (if counting epilogue) or Super
>town
Treasure Town, but I appreciate the streamlining of the Storage Box in Gates and Super
>soundtrack (overall)
all of them (Blue is strictly better than Red; Sky is strictly better than Time and Darkness
really hard to choose, but here's a somewhat obscure track off the top of my head...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzpfjkIRF8
>partner (game)
Gates
Fennekin and Cyndaquil are adorable
>PMD game overall
Super for gameplay reasons mainly despite my disappointment with the story.
>>
>>32371544
Gates
Super
Gates
All except Rescue Team
Gates
Indifferent
Super
>>
whenever you start a new game of mystery dungeon, do you aim for a certain starter or do you guys just take what you get by genuinely answering the questions?

just downloaded sky and started playing it btw.
>>
>>32374084
I always went with what I got honestly. I think it makes your investment in the story a tiny bit more genuine.
>>
>>32374107

I got phanpy, hows that?
>>
File: phanpy.png (14KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
phanpy.png
14KB, 200x260px
>>32374113
Not so great honestly. Natural Gift while holding a reviver/reviser seed will be your only STAB option during the main story.
He has cute portraits though
>>
>>32374160
well fuck.
>>
What's the point of this general when there's been nothing new for PMD in a year and a half
>>
>>32374169
Talking about PMD. You don't need new games to do that, even if they help a lot.
>>
wow this definitely looks real>>32373689
>>
>>32371306
Got PMD Blue and Darkness, the story of Darkness is great, and Blue is good, am I missing out on anything by not playing Sky, should I just emulate Sky and play it then?
>>
>>32374230
>am I missing out on anything by not playing Sky

yes
>>
>>32374230
You're not missing out on too much.
Maybe when you're done with Darkness you can download a completed save from somewhere and emulate it for the Special Episodes, they're the most important thing Sky added
>>
>>32374230
Also replaying Blue on DS, did the quiz over and over again to get Squirtle and picked Bulbasaur, as I think this was my original team for the game and would be able to get the feels running again, definitely remember 1st being Squirtle as none of the others seem right, and if I was to pick a partner I would have taken my favourite Bulbasaur over others

>>32374240
Guess I am emulating it then, thanks anon
>>
>>32371306
Love. Depression. Obsession.

She was a normal women. Nothing more than that. She loved her family as much as anyone would. But when one of her family, her husband, just disappeared, she couldn't take it. She didn't even know if he was dead or alive, what happened to him. He just disappeared. Depressed, she devoted all her time to finding him. The only clue she had was that he was researching an alternate dimension, so she picked that research up in hopes of finding him. The insane amount of time she devoted to them and her desperation to find her love, slowly lead her subconsciously replacing her husband with Ultra Beasts as the object of her love.

She herself mistook her devotion as love, and it slowly grew into obsession over the span of years. Because she couldn't find Ultra Beasts themselves, the obsession grew from being just about Ultra Beasts, to everything beautiful. And her indention of "beauty" was a bit fucked up. It wasn't about appearance. Only Ultra Beasts were beautiful in appearance. Because she had failed to get results, because things weren't going her way, she found things that did do exactly what she wanted to be beautiful. Anything she controls is beautiful and deserves her love, everything else doesn't.

This is just the backstory. The actual game is still there, you can play and see her there for yourself. This level of complexity is almost NEVER found in villains. Not only that, there is not a single "random" trait she has. Her past and the events she went through define her, like any real person. Her personality is a direct result of that past. She is often accused of being Ragyo ripoff, but she shits all over Ragyo, who was just a random maniac. Simply put, she is a great villain, one who easily shits on most villains in general. No Pokemon villain even comes close to her.
>>
>>32374084
First time, I go with what I get if I'm ok with it.
Second time, I avoid choosing the same team twice.

I want the next game to bring back non-standard starters besides Pikachu and Riolu, while also adding Meinfoo.
>>
>>32371544
>Gates
>Sky
>Serene Village
>Super
>Treasure Town theme
>Gates
>Squirtle
>Gates for story, Super for gameplay
>>
>>32374279
Why are you posting this here? Why didn't you even say what you were talking about? Why does it sound like a fanfic?
>>
>>32374213
That's not even the right logo, either
>>
>tfw got a Tight Belt using Wonder Mail
Am I a cheater
>>
File: empbla.png (728KB, 1190x850px) Image search: [Google]
empbla.png
728KB, 1190x850px
>>32371544
>>main story + epilogue
Time/Sky, Super is a close second.
>>postgame
Super had the stronger incentive of "find the treasures"
>>town
Treasure town remains the homiest of the towns so far.
>>soundtrack (overall)
Super/Sky/Gates
All tied, they're just really fucking strong soundtracks.

>>single music track (YT link optional)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqlOslYlfc

A remix worthy of happening after 10 years worth of games.
>>partner (game)
Time/Sky had the strongest personality.
>>partner (specific Pokemon)
Torchic, 100% the best partner
>>PMD game overall
Sky and Super tied
>>
File: 1429654007171.jpg (13KB, 418x299px) Image search: [Google]
1429654007171.jpg
13KB, 418x299px
>>32371544
>all these varying answers
this is what happens when each game in a series is good and unique enough to bring its own thing to the table
>>
File: Please Help.png (110KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Please Help.png
110KB, 320x240px
Anyone still doing rescues? USA version by the way
>>
>>32375657
eat it
>>
vipiemd
>>32376634
>>
File: 72173.png (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
72173.png
73KB, 320x240px
>>32376343
>>
File: Thank You.png (110KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Thank You.png
110KB, 320x240px
>>32376788
Thank you, Anon
>>
File: 18784142_p17.jpg (130KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
18784142_p17.jpg
130KB, 350x300px
bump
>>
File: 1456557574178.gif (371KB, 457x303px) Image search: [Google]
1456557574178.gif
371KB, 457x303px
>>32371544
>Gates, Sky a close second
>Sky, Super second
>Treasure Town, although Post Town/Paradise was pretty comfy too
>tie between Sky, Super, and Gates
>Infinite Dungeon 2? Blizzard Island Medley? There's too many good tracks to pick from
>Gates
>no preferences, but I feel like all my picks fit the partners well
>Sky
>>
>>32378410
Wigglytuff's special episode was one of the better ones
>>
>>32374279
The intro made me think of a what if: a fanfic about the family of the MC in the human world.
>>
>>32374417
>>32378757
It's not a fanfic, anon literally just described Lusamine's character.
>>
>>32379263
Nobody said it's a fanfic. I said it sounds like a fanfic and the other anon said it gave him an idea for a fanfic.
>>
The problem with Super's gameplay extends beyond the break system. The enemies in the game absolutely refuse to approach the player if they have any ranged move, and will either dance away from you if you try to force them to approach or simply idle until you leave yourself open. To add to this, many of the enemies' ranged moves are very powerful, killing the player in one to two hits. This isn't much of an issue in the side missions and postgame, however, in the main story this becomes a major issue, as certain Pokemon only have melee-based moves where they hit the Pokemon in front of them, and there is no way to switch leaders, so you can't properly have another Pokemon move the way you want them to in order to target the enemy. Ranged starters, on the other hand, have an incredibly easy time dealing with these enemies, as they're able to make the first move, weakening the enemy significantly.
>just use items anon
Items are randomly generated, so in certain cases you will be unable to get wands or orbs that counter these situations. Oran berries could help the player tank a hit or two since it raises HP, but unless you get lucky enough to consistently find petrify, confuse, stayaway and slumber wands and orbs, you don't have a surefire way to win. Using items also does not allow the player to gain experience, something the ranged Pokemon can get since it has a much easier time defeating enemies.
>rescues/Pelipper Island exist
Ideally, the game shouldn't have to be beaten through grinding on Pelipper Island, nor should you need rescues just to get by. Rescues exist for convenience rather than having to be used just to make it through a part of the story. To add to this, your default rescue crew is very unreliable, being at a low level and being unable to gain any exp.
>git gud
Not an argument.
>>
File: 54340639_p5.jpg (272KB, 500x793px) Image search: [Google]
54340639_p5.jpg
272KB, 500x793px
>>32379824
You can buy ranged TMs from Cofagrigus for a couple of gold bars. You'll get a few after some missions and there's not much else competing for your gold. Energy Ball, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Focus Blast. I think the only starter who can't learn one of these is Pikachu.
You could also try zig-zagging an enemy towards a wall as they keep moving back trying to line up their ranged move.
>>
File: 3888.png (6KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
3888.png
6KB, 56x56px
>>32379824
The main story is not that hard. I died like once and that was me being retarded. Let me ask a question, if you could safely snipe someone from away, wouldn't you do the same? I never had any issues with leveling either or used wands that much for the matter but I had a healthy supply of Stayaway, Sleep and Warp and no, I wasn't playing as Chespin
>>
>>32379824
>The enemies in the game absolutely refuse to approach the player if they have any ranged move, and will either dance away from you if you try to force them to approach or simply idle until you leave yourself open.

I hated this. It's not like I expect them to never use ranged attacks, but it just gets annoying
>>
>>32380584
>Let me ask a question, if you could safely snipe someone from away, wouldn't you do the same?
That's the same reasoning Kenfags use when they spam Hadoukens. Not hard at all to beat, but it makes things painfully tedious and boring.

>>32380612
The past games had enemies randomly choose between using their ranged attacks or approaching to use something else. A good example would be Starly in Mt. Bristle and Drifblim. Compare those to Staravia and Drifblim in Super, both of which will try to use their ranged moves whenever possible.
>>
>>32380612
Also adding onto this, it extends to party members too. If it has Ice Beam or Discharge or something like that, they'll CONSTANTLY use it
>>
>>32380856
I never had trouble getting party members to do ranged, I am sure the 4th gen still has set moves
>>
>>32380856
I can't blame the AI for favoring ranged attacks since they're straight better than close-range moves, though they should definitely use close-range if the enemy is adjacent.
Ideally attacks with better range should do less damage so there's a reason to not use them but base power still doesn't count for much.
>>
>>32379824
git gud
>>
I want a mystery dungeon game with paralel stories, your character and your parther develop in different backgrounds, have different friends,etc. and after some plot point they end working together
>>
>>32371306
Can I get rescued, Pokemon Blue in EU, password is;

M+?66RFF!??97C?K
HW????SKK?1?9+7P6
??T?OHKF?HV??4XQJ...

How do rescues work, do you have to go through the dungeon, because I am 55 floors in and don't want to lose a Hoothoot, and the gold and items.
>>
>>32382583
>guy goes 55 floors in
>fights through a monster house to get to the Rescue Tile
>gets password to send to you
>you enter in password
>restart where you left off
>>
>>32382583
Oops, gender symbols don't work

M+?6(Symbol Female)6RF(Symbol Male)F!??97C?K
HW????(Symbol Female)SKK?1?9+7P6
??T?OHKF?HV??4XQJ...
>>
>>32382597
Can you check the last line? V is not an allowed character
>>
>>32382617
Checked, it is a Y instead, thanks for going on the rescue op
>>
>>32382632
It's cool, smashing through dungeons in RT is pretty fun
>>
File: IMG_2526.jpg (289KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2526.jpg
289KB, 816x612px
>>32382656
Forgot that Buried Relic loses its kickass music after 20 floors. Oh well.
Good luck with your exploration.
>>
>>32382781
Help appreciated, looks like I either need to get to the end or find myself an escape orb
>>
>>32382912
And I bump into Mew in a monster house, lucky day, especially for a lone scout Squirtle with x-ray specs and a lot of water to escape
>>
>>32382954
One Mew defeated, a lot of exp but no recruit
>>
File: 1416772208487.png (42KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
1416772208487.png
42KB, 160x159px
>you can meet an NPC version of your partner in Super
I don't know why I was so surprised to see two of them at once when it's still normal for that kind of thing to happen in these games
>>
>>32382527
So you'd switch between player and partner POV during the beginning of the game? Sounds like it could be pretty interesting, though since the player characters are silent and the partner does most of the talking for them, I wonder how they'd handle dialogue for those sections.
>>
Ah fuck, nearly forgot to link VPMD here.
>>32383443
>>
>>32383282
XD
>>
>>32383282
>>32383612
XD
>>
>>32383282
>>32383612
>>32384041
XD
>>
>>32383282
>>32383612
>>32384041
>>32384051
XD
>>
>>32383612
>>32384041
>>32384051
>>32384056
XD
>>
Stop this.
>>
File: jigglyman.gif (2MB, 1261x683px) Image search: [Google]
jigglyman.gif
2MB, 1261x683px
>>32379824
Items may be randomly generated, but you will always have enough to complete the main game with no issue. You can carry them in from previous dungeons, and Kecleon's prices are so low that he really should be out of business. You don't need to petrify every ranged enemy, if you can take a hit then just go in.
I also don't understand what you mean by "Using items also does not allow the player to gain experience". Other than with Stayaway, how do you get less experience by using items?
You can move so that you only take one extra hit from ranged enemies. You could even push your partner to close the gap(or line up) without taking a hit, since being pushed doesn't count as an action.
I don't think that there are any starter Pokemon that can't through any means get some kind of ranged move, even if it's just Quick Attack. Even then, the probability that both of your starter Pokemon can't learn ranged moves is a little unbelievable(and please don't tell me that you're complaining even though your partner has ranged moves).

I agree that there is a big imbalance between Pokemon with many ranged moves and ones with few of them. I also find the ranged AI to be fucking stupid, they should've just used the kind of AI that the Bowboy has in Shiren(approach when not lined up, rather than keeping distance). However, the game is fine, even if you have no ranged attacks. If there really is a starter combination with absolutely no ranged attacks, then that's not fine, but as long as you can push your ranged partner in line with the enemy, there is no reason to complain as you have.
To me, the real issue is the focus on items(especially wands and emeras). They're extremely powerful, so I guess they made the enemies extremely powerful to compensate. It doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore, when typing, stats, and move effects don't matter as much. It's nice to see a little variety in the gameplay, though.
>>
>>32382527
It could work, but it would be unconventional.

I had an idea that's the opposite of yours: your character and your partner are separated either by a catastrophe, panic, or you're just forced to split up; which replaces the typical "mission accomplished, gotta go" stuff. They do get back together, of course.
>>
>>32383397
I think anon most of the character development in MD comes from dealing with your parther insecurities and they rarely touch the MC.

See sky for example the MC is not afraid of being eliminated in the present if they complete the main mission and instead he thinks how your parther is going to react to that

Or super when he's only missing the parther when he have to go
>>
>>32371306
>throw a truant wand
>spam condition moves
>Kyerum literally did nothing
So I guess that's what I was supposed to be doing the whole time.
>>
>>32379824
Of all the things to complain about in super, this isn't really one of them.
You can bring items into dungeons with you before you enter them. You know that right? And they're really not all that sparce. Btw, pounce wand works in that situation too.
The game designers actually forced some long range moves that hit your whole team to not be spammed that way (things like earthquake) because even they thought it would be unfair.

I find that the enemy pokemon seemingly always having better accuracy than your team much more annoying, because that's actually unfair.
>>
>"all the Pokemon in the world have turned to stone!"
>Connection Orb missions are all deactivated to signify most of them being stone now
>despite this the orb also tells me that Yanma is hanging out at the Yellow Sand Labyrinth
This guy has some fucked up priorities
>>
>>32387890
Not all of them have, though.
>>
>>32388336
My point was that he's an idiot that's exploring during an apocalypse instead of actually hiding
>>
VyPyMDy
>>32389888
>>
I started playing exploration team sky, and I have so many items and I'm never sure if I'll need them or not. How do you usually manage your items? Do you just bank them so you can pick up new items in the dungeon? do you turn them into juice at the spinda cafe? or do you just take them with you just in case you need them?

I'm really lost here.
>>
>>32390447
You'll get new stuff from dungeons so you don't need to bring too much.
I generally fill my inventory about halfway with the necessities and store everything else away for later.
I recycle if I've got an excess of something or want to burn through useless crap like fill-in orbs.
>>
>>32390447
I usually only bring no more than a page worth of items. 1-2 apples, an Escape Orb, held items, a Reviver Seed, that's about it.
>>
File: shiren.jpg (257KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shiren.jpg
257KB, 1280x1024px
>>32390447
These are the most useful items:
Held Items
Reviver Seeds
Apples
Max Elixirs
Oran Berries
Orbs that incapacitate all enemies, such as Slumber, Totter, and Petrify
Escape Orbs
Projectiles

Don't bring in too many, but I recommend bringing at least 1 of each(depending on dungeon length and difficulty). As for any other item, bring them in if you think you'll actually use them, otherwise just recycle them. If the dungeon is difficult but you don't want to run out of inventory space, take in more Reviver Seeds, because they basically act as an Apple, Max Elixir, and Oran Berry in addition to reviving you. Of course, Reviver Seeds are the most valuable item in the game, so if space is not an issue, then bring the other items instead to avoid wasting Reviver Seeds.

A few little tips:
Juice is okay, but the animation is so long that it's better to recycle unwanted items. If it sells well, sell it instead.
Always juice Gummis, never eat them in the dungeon unless you're starving or out of item space. Once you're in postgame, you'll need 3(?) Blue Gummis to progress the plot, so hold onto them.
The colored bow from the start of the game is worthless. It only increases each stat by 1.
If your storage is getting full, don't wait to recycle. Running out of storage space is suffering.
When you get to the end of the game, bring more Reviver Seeds than you think you'll need. The final boss is ass if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>32390447
I go into most dungeons with hold items, 2 Apples or 1 Big Apple, 2 Orans, 1 Escape Orb, 1 Petrify Orb (or similar), 1 Totter Seed for bosses, and 1 Reviver Seed unless it's going to be difficult.
>>
>>32390447
Pecha Berries and Heal Seeds are also pretty handy to have around. Poison on a bad floor can really ruin your day.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=VHSvxHuPK00
Hope youtube is reencoding this shit to vp9 because im not going to reupload it.
>>
File: WVW69kRhUw0AJSJi_I.jpg (88KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kRhUw0AJSJi_I.jpg
88KB, 400x240px
>>32392770
Nice job anon, that was pretty cool.
Your use of Iron Defence inspired me to try someone new in Sacred Ruins: Maractus.

Two uses of Cotton Guard cuts damage to about a quarter, Growth helps your damage output a bit, Absorb is good for recovery, and Pin Missile is a multi-hit ranged move.
Plus Water Absorb means you have less to fear from Alomomola, Cloyster, and Pelipper.
I got a bit lucky with a Mobility emera, but the happy dancing cactus is pretty damn good.
>>
Havent played Super and Gates yet. What am I in for? I loved Blue>Darkness>Sky. Any tips regarding starters or something? Like, I heard someanon above me say Phanpy a shit cause no stab. Any other odd starter and partner choices?
>>
File: starters.png (2MB, 1280x1344px) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
2MB, 1280x1344px
>>32393243
Some solid tunes for one, the 3DS games have very nice sountracks.
Aside from Axew and Chespin being OP nobody really sticks out like Phanpy. Pick whoever seems cute or interesting or whatever
>>
>>32393243
You'll be okay with any starter/partner combo for the main story. By the time you legitimately need better movesets (i.e. postgame) you'll already have recruited enough to change your team around.
>>
>>32393393
This. For the super partner, consider picking a pokemon that you view as hyper and a bit annoying, because that's the partner's personality.
>>
>>32393393
Why does Bulbasaur have two sets of portraits?
And, come to think of it, why do Pikachu and the Unova starters all have one extra portrait?
>>
>>32394101
He has different portraits for facing left and right since he has asymmetrical spots
The extra ones are from Gates
>>
Anyone rescuing?

Blue version, EU

YR?6S6RF(Male symbol)F(Female symbol)??YKC?H
MW????04C7?-?-82H6
??T?03H3?6Y??2X2J(Female symbol)
>>
>>32393234
If we could mod PSMD to let us visit any dungeon from Meowth's Theater it could be a great way to sahre dungeon replays.
>>
>>32371544
>Sky
>Sky
>Treasure Town (Sky)
>Sky
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2AVa1ixz8
>Sky
>Charmander
Sky
K
Y
>>
>>32395138
>Charmander, aka RRT's mascot
>not Shinx or Riolu
You aren't a true Skyfag.
>>
File: 1463014772029.jpg (17KB, 208x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463014772029.jpg
17KB, 208x300px
>using vanilla starters
>>
Nearly forgot all about linking VPMD.
>>32395533
>>
>>32393243
If you think Sky took you on a feels trip, you don't even know yet.

Depending on how patient you are with low key action story, Super will take about a third to half of the length of the game to actually GET anywhere. Every bit is important, but the whole Pokemon School part of the plot may come off as a bit of a targeting shill for younger players. Hang in there and you'll be rewarded. You'll know you've hit the meat of the game when you battle a specific friendly NPC.
>>
>>32396405
You think they'll make a game that treats the player with more maturity. Not as in "people die n' shit" sort of maturity, but as in you are recognized as being able to be reasoned with, can hold conversations on intellectual topics, and can be trusted with complex tasks.
How about running your own guild or guild faction? Or participating in discussions and missions on archaeology? Or fighting against an oppressor while in hiding (like in "Silver Resistance")?
>>
>>32397374
gti
>>
>>32397403
Fair enough for the first one. Not quite the same, though, but Pokemon Paradise is an ambitious project.

What about intellectual discussions on history and happenings? Your character could be sitting at a bar with his or her colleague talking about a recent finding that has perplexed her. Your partner makes suggestions and you end up playing a minigame to solve the puzzle, revealing a plot device that is relevant later on in the story.

Or you could be a part of an underground resistance that seeks to overthrow a tyrant, going out during the day on secret missions to help others, catch outlaws, and capture high ranking hands of the tyrant.

How about being brought up in a small, isolated town that treats you as special, and have groomed two Pokemon to be your partners/guardians. Later on the guardian partner tells you the horrible truth that he discovered about what the town leader wants to do with you, and gets you and your partner to run away and take refuge in a distant city.
>>
>>32397477
I think Chunsoft does a fantastic job putting mature themes in their games as they are... lots of horrific implications to be had if you dissect the conflicts well enough.

Though, I agree, I wish we could have a PMD game with a plot that leaned a bit more on the dark side and explored even more mature themes, rather than having a game that lightly touches on the idea before scurrying back to its E-rating.
>>
>>32397785
It can't be helped if it is more profitable, however I do think that they could put in stuff to challenge your intelligence
>>
File: 1422493347001.jpg (28KB, 259x266px) Image search: [Google]
1422493347001.jpg
28KB, 259x266px
>>32396405
The school kids were the best characters. I wish he were rejected by ampharos and started our own damn guild with the kids. That being said, Archen is best Explorer
>>
>>32397785
The game HAS to be E-rated. This isn't a fanfiction.

>>32397934
I would like to see the main characters look somewhat intelligent and interesting.
Give the partner more of a background.
Present better dialogue options that at least prompt some reaction, even if it has no consequence to the story (too much work anyways and might be tedious to find all the reactions by forcing replays).
Make the side characters interesting. Make at least some of your character's colleagues likable.
>>
File: vpmd.png (830KB, 676x851px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd.png
830KB, 676x851px
No /vpmd/ yet?
>>
>>32401905
OP announced in the Discord that there's no thread today.
>>
>>32401931
>the Discord
>>
>>32402074
I don't get what you're implying
>>
>>32402111
>the Discord
>>
>>32402111
Link?
>>
>>32402135
It's literally in the OP of every /vpmd/ thread.
https://discord.gg/wCv6pGE
>>
>>32402149
I know it is, but the thread is archived. I don't want to slog through it.
>>
/pmdg/ more like /pmdeadgg/
I'm sorry
>>
File: Niv Mizzet.jpg (31KB, 516x384px) Image search: [Google]
Niv Mizzet.jpg
31KB, 516x384px
You have joined an exploration guild and this guy is your guildmaster, what do?
>>
>>32404597
Call him a faggot, tell him to kill himself because he's not allowed nor supposed to exist in the Pokémon world as something that isn't a Pokémon or a dying human and destroy him with my overpowered A attack.
>>
>>32404597
Ask if he knows any good jokes
>>
>>32404597
be thankful it's not Ampharos
>>
File: 1376344655747.png (270KB, 399x308px) Image search: [Google]
1376344655747.png
270KB, 399x308px
>>32404800
Delete your account.
>>
File: rescue.png (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
rescue.png
13KB, 240x160px
>>32394439
If you're still waiting, here you go.
I think only Super has region locking so you may have accidentally deterred potential US rescuers by giving your region.
>>
>>32404886
>only Super has region locking
Yes, that's the case.
>>
>>32404886
>>32404916

Okay, thanks, I decided to stop waiting, but good to know that it only applies to Super
>>
Is the anon with the cosplay around? Can you post a photo of the finished outfit?
>>
>>32405168
I'd love to anon but it's not super easy taking a photo by myself. I'm going to a convention next month so could get some there though.

I'd rather know how many people are okay with furry stuff beforehand though because the outfit involves a head and paws, rather than just posting it and upsetting the thread
>>
>>32405346
Not that anon but I appreciate your concern for others. I wouldn't mind if you post it, but maybe spoiler it just in case.
>>
>>32405346
I'd like to see it too, just spoiler it. Anyone who doesn't want to see it doesn't have to.
>>
>>32405630
>>32407240
You guys are cool, hopefully I can get a couple decent shots outside this weekend so you guys can see
>>
Thread-saving VPMD bump
>>32409273
>>
>>32409293
No one cares. Stop fucking talking about /vpmd/ it has nothing to do with this general or PMD. It's generic Pokémon roleplaying.
>>
>>32409328
From what I've seen you seem to be the only one who thinks that here though.
>>
>>32409328
>We need LESS to talk about in these threads
>>
>>32409328
Where were you three months ago when the vpmd guy asked if it was fine and literally nobody complained ever? I think you're exaggerating when you say that "no one" cares because that sure isn't quite the case. Make sure to speak for yourself the next time.
>>
>>32409328
I also disagree with your statement and think your opinion is dumb.
>>
Excuse me friendos, I've never played a mystery dungeon game before but I've gotten a 30% discount coupon for either Super Mystery Dungeon or Super Mario 3d World.

Is Super Mystery Dungeon a good stepping on point for the series?
>>
>>32410789
I suppose so. Some folks think it's one of the harder ones, but depending on who you pick for your team, it can be a cakewalk.
If it can be helped, you should start with the earlier games in the series so you don't get spoiled by new features and find it hard to go back. If you're on a computer, you can download the emulator and roms in the OP to try out rescue team or explorers and make a decision on what to buy based on that.
>>
>>32410789
Sky is the best, but Super is excellent, too.
>>
>>32410789
I think it's worth playing them in release order. Get Super then emulate Rescue Team Blue and Explorers of Sky before playing it. If you can acquire Gates, that one's also worth playing if you're into the stories, but Super does have the best game mechanics.
>>
File: 110.png (5KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
110.png
5KB, 56x56px
>>32410789
Super is brutal if you are not careful. AS a game it is the best one but Sky is the better experience overall
>>
>>32410789
Rescue Team is the best one but Super is fine as well
>>
>>32410789
get super it's a great game

the whole beginning is a tutorial so it'll ease you in
>>
>>32410923
>>32410922
>>32410888
>>32410886
>>32410870
>>32410860
thunks folks
>>
>>32410922
>RT is the best one

but so many problems in it were fixed later on. The best part of it were the long dungeons and overpowered IQ skill of Super Mobile
>>
>>32410789
I think it's good. It's where I started with the series, incidentally. I'd recommend it.

And speaking of Super Mario 3D World, I think it's pretty good too, in case you were wondering about it.
>>
>>32410943
Better dungeons, music, post game, town, characters and areas than Sky, only thing it did better was marginal gameplay improvements
>>
>>32410992
i have never played super mario 3d world but i can say that it's objectively a bad game for a simple reason: it isn't super mario 64.
now, if it stopped there we could still hope it was decent. unfortunately, it doesn't.
super mario 3d world not only isn't mario 64, but it also makes no attempt to be mario 64. it doesn't even want to be mario 64.
super mario 3d world is a purposefully bad game.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/MysteryDungeon/comments/670xk3/pelipper_is_insane/?st=j1zwfl8w&sh=6e24d4f0
>>
>>32411096
I'm not going to that link, screenshot that shit
>>
>>32411017
>better music
It had good music, but songs like "Dialga's Fight to the Finish", "Treasure Town", "Don't Ever Forget", and "Wigglytuff Guild" are good in their own ways.
>>
File: screencap for quints.png (48KB, 740x477px) Image search: [Google]
screencap for quints.png
48KB, 740x477px
>>32411111
>>
>>32411123
>using shitbird

or i could just use Wooper or Drifblim and actually use a pokemon i like
>>
>>32411136
don't bully pelipper
>>
File: wingull 6pack.png (150KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
wingull 6pack.png
150KB, 1111x1111px
>>32411165
I want to not cut my six pack rings from now on in the hopes it gets stuck on a wingull
>>
>>32411175
lmao
>>
>>32411123
It sounds like a decent idea but in the .gif it stops him every few steps to play the PP restore animation. Just use a damn Max Elixir.
Also,
>reddit
>>
File: totodile are you satisfied.png (4MB, 2016x1608px) Image search: [Google]
totodile are you satisfied.png
4MB, 2016x1608px
>remembered I had Super Mystery Dungeon (was a few chapters in)
>force myself through the beginning
>finally get to the other town, game starts becoming much more enjoyable
>finish the story
>got my bro Totodile back

Looks like the real game is starting. Debating on evolving myself into an Ivysaur or not and just sticking with it just for aesthetics. Also what's the best way to abuse stat boosting items? I already fed my main guy a ton of stuff and he has roughly 80/70 in each stat.
>>
>>32412863
Save all your stat-boosting items until after you beat Cobalion's challenge fight. You get an equip item that makes thrown items pass through objects, essentially doubling the amount of roids you have if you throw them through two teammates.
>>
File: 60534818_p0.png (606KB, 876x590px) Image search: [Google]
60534818_p0.png
606KB, 876x590px
>Carracosta is a reward for the second highest rank
Why is he sooo far into late game? I want to use Pops now
>>
File: people like me.png (224KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
people like me.png
224KB, 400x240px
>>
>>32415147
I love Pochiena!
I wonder where that anon went. Kind of miss them.
>>
>>32415652
Me too.
>>
File: 2719.png (6KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
2719.png
6KB, 56x56px
>>32415652
Probably driven away by the shitposting.
>>
>>32415652
>Pretty much all the Anons have been driven away
It was kinda fun when they kept the threads alive in times of need
>>
>>32415826
I haven't been driven away, there's just not really anything to talk about lately. Still holding out hope for more news and the extremely slim chance either of my favorites get made starters again
>>
>>32415826
I think you're exagerating now.
>>
>>32415719
I love how despite being one of the best generals pmdg still consider itself bad.
>>
>>32371544
>main story + epilogue
I don't know, probably GtI. RT has an interesting epilogue though, and I like that Explorer's/Sky's is longer.

>postgame
RT

>town
Post Town, maybe.

>soundtrack (overall)
Gates to Infinity

>single music track
I don't know.

>partner
Super

>partner species
Piplup/Shinx/Riolu

>PMD game overall
Sky or Super, RT would be right there with them if the menus worked like they do in Sky
>>
File: Cucked Krook.png (228KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cucked Krook.png
228KB, 400x240px
Do feel sorry for this cuck?
>>
>>32418551
Why do people like cucks so much?
>>
>>32418551
>>32418848
That's an epic meme my friends. Do you mind if I share it on Reddit? /r/4Chan will love it xD
>>
File: 1482262133200.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482262133200.gif
2MB, 400x306px
How do you think Ultra Beasts will fit into the next PMD? I think they'll definitely be involved in the story.
They might be initially presented as being bad, but I don't see them being particularly villainous. Definitely a bit quirky, but not evil. Though I kind of want to see Cosmog secretly being the mastermind and evolving into Solgaleo/Lunala to fuck your shit up in the final boss battle

I'd also very much like to see Buzzwole as a character, if only because I imagine its dialogue would be glorious.
>>
>>32419141
Only if it speaks in all caps
>>
File: 1821.png (7KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
1821.png
7KB, 56x56px
>>32419141
Hoppa Unbound pulled them in here to help him beat the Bittercold 3.0. For most of the game the genie seems to be the bad however his heart and actions are unterly unclouded, they are those of Justice! Anyways, every time he tries to explain what is going on and convince the MC to join him someone close to MC(who is a pawn of the antagonists) interrupts him
>>
>>32420270
I like it.

>>32419141
Let me try:

During your adventures, you enter an area (dungeon) with hyper-aggressive Pokemon. It's written off as an anomaly, but more and more cases in adjacent areas pop-up. You also encounter various happenings, such as unidentified blurs dashing through areas, entire areas become evacuated to avoid the approach of a destructive force that leaves little besides the ground in its wake, and even abnormal thunderstorms and unnatural daylight.
These mysteries becomes a huge focus of the guild. Your team investigates the glowing (while wearing stylish sunglasses so you don't get blinded) to encounter Xurkitree. Attempts to reason with it are futile, but it doesn't seem to be hostile, either. You are forced to subdue it, but you are given sleep items to make the fight easier (storywise it's to make your characters non-brutal even though gameplaywise you are still beating it up). After getting some shock-proof Pokemon to bring it to base, they decide to try to find a temporary habitat until they can figure out what's going on (perhaps an abandoned power-plant or foggy area). As the hunt for Ultra Beasts continue, native Pokemon experience problems with both the untagged beasts and the rehabilitated beasts.
On one of your adventures, you find clues as to what may be causing the beasts to appear.

That's all I got for now.
>>
>>32419141
Brought in as muscle, the mastermind uses the objective of making a wormhole to get them to fuck things up
>>
>>32419141
Something will bring them, and possibly your character, to the pmd world against their will. While they try to get back to their dimension they'll cause problems and you'll have to stop them. Eventually you'll work together to defeat whatever brought them.
>>
>>32420637 (Me)
A few Ultra Beasts have concentrated around a new-ish building. After scouring the abandoned site, you discover research notes and a damaged portal-shaped structure. The notes indicate that the research was driven by the desire to weaken the Pokemon civilizations so that a group once thought to be disbanded can take over (or some shit). Basically the antagonist is multiple nonlegendary Pokemon with maybe one or two low-level legendaries.

In hindsight, I wonder if it would be better if the Ultra Beasts were at first subtle in their business, but things have gotten out of hand and you witness some (E-rated) horrors of their power both in-story and in-battle

Example: Guzzlord starts devouring everything in its path. Your team has to help with evacuation and diverting Guzzlord. The boss fight involves running away from the powerhouse while slowing it down somehow (perhaps interacting with hazards or obstacles to slow it down instead of you) so that you can safely chip in damage.

Example: A Pokemon once intoxicated by a Nihilego has a boiling hatred for them and wants them gone so that no one has to suffer as a rabid pawn ever again. You fight against several Nihilegos that have the special ability that gives poisonsed Pokemon an additional status effect while poisoned: they are under the taunt AND torment effect. AI Pokemon will attack friend and foe alike and attacks that normally ignore friendly fire now hurt allies.
>>
>>32421448
I quite like the sound of that Guzzlord fight. PMD has a positioning and movement aspect that the main series doesn't and I'd like to see that incorporated into boss fights somehow. More of those charge-up attacks like Kyurem and Dark Matter had, maybe some environmental hazards. Could be interesting.
>>
>>32420270
>however his heart and actions are unterly unclouded, they are those of Justice!
Does he then pull out a Remoraid?
>>
VPMD
>>32422698
>>
File: Please don't vore me.png (181KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Please don't vore me.png
181KB, 400x240px
>>
>>32424173
That means cock.
A very lewd snek, honestly.
>>
File: Boobs and Ass.png (138KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Boobs and Ass.png
138KB, 400x240px
>>32424636
The whole game has a lot shit like that
>>
>>32422258
It would be like this:
The boss floor functions like a minigame. You run around a looping map of a forest, with no gridlock like you do in certain areas in GtI. Guzzlord is untouchable and deals massive damage on contact unless you do certain actions . There are two ways to make it vulnerable. One way is to run behind a very large object, which Guzzlord will devour, but requires a little time to ingest an object that big. While Guzzlord is eating, the grid will drop and you can fight it, but Guzzlord can still swing back, even while distracted. The other way involves less fighting but more running, because it requires collecting special spicy fruits and dropping them in rapid succession for Guzzlord to eat. This will cause an explosive overload that will make Guzzlord vulnerable, only this time it will be stunned, so you can just pummel without worry of immediate retaliation.

There is also another option I've thought of.
Guzzlord is fought like a normal boss, except there are rocks that you can hide behind and volatile fruit that grows in the arena. Guzzlord has a standard moveset, but can also do more things. Guzzlord can inhale, which temporarily lifts the grid and creates a 90 deg vortex that draws Pokemon, items, and objects in. If Guzzlord chomps on you, you'll be in a world of hurt, but this attack can be resisted by moving (parallel to the wind) or avoided by behind rocks or getting out of the suck zone. Guzzlord's other attack is rampage, which also causes the grid to temporarily lift so that you can once again run freely, but this is so that you can outmaneuver Guzzlord while it's running at you. Rocks won't save you unless he runs into multiple ones, which will stun him from impact fatigue.

So that is my idea of a non-conventional boss fight, starring Guzzlord.
>>
>>32424854
Jeez who would ever find a Pikachu attractive?
>>
File: Charm (1).png (172KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Charm (1).png
172KB, 400x240px
>>32425231
Well, that is a female Pikachu, so I assume she is talking about Male Pikachu
>>
>>32427264
Or other Pokémon in general, I guess.

>>32425231
Would you really be surprised?
>>
File: Charm (2).png (152KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Charm (2).png
152KB, 400x240px
>>32427301
I suppose, other members of the Field or Fairy Egg group.
>>
File: wife.jpg (491KB, 400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wife.jpg
491KB, 400x1200px
>>
>>32427380
That's implying the only goal of Pokémon who get attracted by female Pikachu is to procreate.

>>32427399
That's an Adventure Squad reference
>>
File: Love Story.png (2MB, 400x2623px) Image search: [Google]
Love Story.png
2MB, 400x2623px
>>32427511
>>32427511
I would argue against that but Rampardoes exists both in Super and in Gates
>>
>>32427669
Did rampardos get to bust cinccino's box?
>>
>>32427399
>tfw eastern shellos will never be your wife
>>
>>32422258

>>32421448
>>32424949
So for Nihilego:
In this fight, you are faced with multiple Nihilego and a Nihilego-Pokemon hybrid of a particular Pokemon, but you not only have your team but your allies. The problem is that in this fight there is a status condition that not only does poison damage, but also causes the Pokemon's attack moves to change to Thrash as long as the condition is present. The good news is that the dungeon has a conveniently high amount of Pecha Berries that work on this condition, so you should be fine if you're hoarding.
The Nihilego hybrid is formidable, has long-reach, and is reckless. The hybrid has the moves and abilities of the (Pokemon), but also has the abilities and additional typings of Nihilego. The hybrid's moves also have greater range and a chance of poisoning.
Bulbasaur normally has immunity to poisoning, but I don't know if Nihilego is an exception.
>>
You know what it is.
>>32429490
>>
File: 60354357_p6.png (742KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
60354357_p6.png
742KB, 627x885px
>>32424949
I've never really considered removing the gridlock before, but you could do a lot with that and have some very nice boss fights. Let's hope Chunsoft is listening in.

To apply my idea of charge-up attacks and hazards, here's a Celesteela fight:
In addition to its regular moves, Celesteela can do a special attack with its boosters.
On the first turn it charges up, giving you time to get out of the way, and on the second it releases blasts from its boosters in the form of a 3-tile-wide line attack. The recoil from this attack sends Celesteela back a tile in the opposite direction.
The blasts are very powerful, so tanking them head-on is not the optimal strategy, and because they're so wide you won't often be able to sneak a safe attack in.
Instead, the idea is to have you and your teammates move smartly around the path of the beams and drive Celesteela backwards while avoiding its attacks as much as you can. If you drive it back far enough in a certain direction it might blast itself into some wall tiles. The walls are destroyed and Celestela becomes confused, giving you an opportunity to attack while it lashes out wildly, and after a while of this it recovers and resumes its booster assault.
>>
File: IMG_3072.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3072.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Guys I need help in blue rescue team
Pic related is password (sorry for phone posting), I should mention I'm a Taconigger
>>
>>32431711
Super is the only game that regionlocks saves
>>
>>32431751
(obviously meant rescues)
>>
>>32430238
That sounds pretty good.

Xurkitree:
Xurkitree stands in the back of the room with pulsing landlines of electricity whose paths converge at Xurkitree. Xurkitree is untouchable due to sheer electric power and has too much defense on top of that, so what you need to do is get Xurkitree stunned so that you can do significant damage. Xurkitree has a few special attacks as well.
To stun Xurkitree, you must find the weak point of the landline and break it with any attack. Be careful, though, because every so often the line will glow, indicating that electricity will surge, and after that turn the electriticy will flow, making walking or making contact with the line an electrical hazard for one or two turns. As long as at least one landline is disconnected, Xurkitree will no longer be untouchable and can be struck, but severing multiples allows you to attack for longer while also lowering Xurkitree's defense boost more.
Xurkitree will fight with regular moves if you get too close, but it has a few tricks up its sleeve. One ability causes Xurkitree to glow, which causes the room to get bright and electrical. If you are not hiding behind something, you will take a little Electric damage, but if you are looking in Xurkitree's general direction, you will suffer a drop in accuracy. This attack is really weak, but it has incredible range and is not telegraphed.
Xurkitree can also lock on a bolt of lightning onto a Pokemon. That Pokemon only has a few turns to react before getting struck. Getting near Xurkitree or moving away from the landlines onto certain tilespaces will cancel the effect.
Xurkitree can also charge up and overload the landlines, creating very few safe tiles to stand on by the time it unleashes. The drawback for Xurkitree is that the lines become broken, giving you plenty of time before Xurkitree's defenses build back up.
>>
>>32431711
Just going to get the HM Fly so I can go on rescue
>>
File: 812480915.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
812480915.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>32431711
Rescue complete
>>
>>32432687
I fell asleep and didn't see the post until now.
Thanks a lot, anon, I couldn't complete this game when I was a kid and thanks to you I will leave a childhood trauma in the past
>>
File: 1473997287333.png (625KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473997287333.png
625KB, 1200x960px
>>
File: 56840185_p25.jpg (1MB, 1748x1240px) Image search: [Google]
56840185_p25.jpg
1MB, 1748x1240px
>>
File: littenally_me.jpg (154KB, 1000x577px) Image search: [Google]
littenally_me.jpg
154KB, 1000x577px
Would any of you act the way you are if you were in a PMD scenario?
Do you like to pretend your partner has a different personality from the actual game based on which Pokemon he or she is?
>>
>>32438029
no and yes
>>
File: 1446995104452.jpg (6KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446995104452.jpg
6KB, 282x282px
I almost forgot just how emotional the last few chapters of Super were.
>>
File: 56124066_p11_master1200.jpg (534KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
56124066_p11_master1200.jpg
534KB, 1200x720px
>>32438029
I would still be myself and I imagine the Partners with their in game personalities
>>
>>32438281
I like how wrong everything goes. If it wasn't Pokémon you'd swear the world was completely fucked.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaILXeu9IVo
>>
>>32438994
I want to hear this with Farther away.
Will it ever happen?
>>
>>32438994
I can't believe you actually got me.
>>
>>32438994
That channel's still a thing?
>>
bomp
>>
>>32393234
I'm not sure how to feel about Sacred Ruins. It's a nice challenge and it's fun to overcome that with your items, but it can be really unfair when it wants to.

So that puts us at
>Drifblim
>Heatran
>Hitmonchan
>Suicune
>Hawlucha
>Maractus
Anyone done it with anything else?
>>
>>32441292
>1/3rd of the pokemon that can do it have Unburden

Is this the most OP ability ever?
>>
>>32441694
Yes.
>>
imagine if you will

>Nintendo decides to remake the first PMD game to pander
>doesn't remove broken move levels
>Super's friend system stays
>Final boss is a fucking meteor
>you're given all three legendary birds
>the fugitive concept is rewritten to be more le dark edgy xd gale of darkness

would you buy it?
>>
>>32443284
No. I'd prefer something new.
>>
>>32443284
>Nintendo making PMDs
hah

>pandering with RT and not Explorers

>would you buy it?
Yes. It doesn't sound bad and I would buy it regardless anyway.
>>
>>32443317
Me too. I hope they don't start remaking the PMD games.
>>
>>32443284
>Final boss is a fucking meteor
You mean Deoxys?
>>
File: 2342.jpg (429KB, 600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2342.jpg
429KB, 600x1500px
>>
>Found my old DS again and decided to play pmd explores of time for a bit
>Go to Zero Isle South
>Get killed on floor 96

This hurts...
>>
>>32446255
Translation?
>>
>>32446850
I don't know a word of Japanese, though it looks like he was doing Dusknoir's secret base mission. The stairs were nearby when the monster house appeared so he could clear it without fighting at all.
>>
bamp
>>
File: 1471227196502.png (173KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471227196502.png
173KB, 400x240px
rip pmdg
>>
>>32449865
It was fun while it lasted.

I have no idea how to tie this to my post but here's VPMD
>>32450055
>>
>>32450081
>6 vpmd threads have lived and died since this thread started
>the 7th begins now
Finish us off
>>
>>32450185
I love /pmdg/ too much to do that though, even if it's for the best.
>>
File: being suffering is goomy.png (5KB, 207x125px) Image search: [Google]
being suffering is goomy.png
5KB, 207x125px
>>
I hope the next game accuracy is not tied with speed that was retarded
>>
>>32451245
Really just made the level 1 dungeons more of a pain in the ass
>>
>>32451245
why is the speed stat in psmd in the first place
>>
>>32450185
ah geez, I think I totally misread your post
>>
why are all the climaxes of these games so perfect
>>
So I have started Explorers of the Sky today and I have a question.
I picked a charmander as my avatar and Riolu as my partner.
What moves should I get for charmander?
I don't play pokemon games usually so I don't know whcih are better to have.
>>
>>32453001
Moves with a wide range are super useful in PMD. You'll want to look out for moves like Flamethrower on Charmander and Quick Attack on Riolu. Smokescreen is also good since it makes all of the enemy's moves miss in PMD instead of simply lowering their accuracy.
>>
>>32453001
just press a lmao
>>
>>32453104
But what if there is some super difficult Boss that would be really hard to kill without specific moves???
>>
>>32453107
do the same dungeon over and over until you leveled up enough, it will work eventually
>>
So I juat started Gates and I'm enjoying it so far, other than the fact you can only do one request at a time.

The fact you have to go out and gather materials for land prep amd facilities is pretty neat too. What are the necessary facilities to have in Paradise? The reviver seed farm for sure, and possibly all the mini games, but is there anything else?
>>
>>32453674
The oran farm was the first one I upgraded whenever I had the chance
>>
>>32453674
Just make sure you don't make an Elite Boutique. They have good items, but close down permanently after a while, forcing you to tear it down, which you can't do till late in the story, and rebuild it without refunding you any materials.
>>
>>32453674
Sunken Treasure should be a top priority. Free treasure every day for free at no monetary cost.
>>
File: 45f.png (344KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
45f.png
344KB, 890x890px
>>32453681
>REEEE-ing this hard over the contents of a barely active general, even after being repeatedly proven to be the only person who gives a shit about vpmd stuff being posted here.
Lol and you're calling THEM autistic?
>>
File: fM9uKBb.png (294KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
fM9uKBb.png
294KB, 640x429px
How shoul I name my party?
I feel like I am already fucked up with name for me and my partner.
I don't want to make it sound terrible.
>>
>>32454701
Team Dogars
Or just come up with some retarded reference, it's not like anybody's gonna check your names in pokemon dungeon crawler
>>
Guys, me mons just graduated in Sky.
What should I do now for maximum fun?
Focus on plot, frolic across Zero isle, or what?
>>
>>32455607
There's a pretty good amount of postgame story still left.
>>
>>32455618
I know senpai, but I don't wanna learn shit the hard way.

Me poke is 53lvl that has literally four same type attack, am I in deep shit?
>>
Guys I want to fuck my partner
What do
>>
>>32455622
not really, resisted stabs do about neutral damage in pmd so they're very reliable, and that's a pretty good level
most of the zero isles reset your level so you don't need to be strong to beat them, give those a go if you want
otherwise story is the way to go

>>32455627
repent
>>
>>32455622
I did the postgame story with Treecko and Eevee, I think you'll be okay as long as you abuse some kind of broken linked moves
>>
>>32455627
Do 10 Level 1 dungeon runs to atone for your sins
>>
>>32453681
Shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>32453681
VPMD
>>32456092
>>
>>32455627
Accept your fate.
>>
>>32455627
your partner
>>
File: Judging Lizard.png (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Judging Lizard.png
115KB, 600x600px
>>32455627
Take responsability and marry him
>>
>>32455627
It really depends which partner you're talking about. If it's RT or Explorers then you shouldn't do anything because they have no personality to be attracted to. If you're talking about Super's partner you should go to jail, because that's a child. If it's the Gates partner, then do it, because I'm pretty sure they want to fuck you too.
>>
>>32458087
Just another reason why Gates partner is best
>>
>>32458087
>no personality to be attracted to
>to be attracted to
They won't stop talking about how great you are though! That's cool, isn't it?

>because that's a child
Not once you get to the credits!
also it doesn't matter because by the same reasoning the player is also a child
>>
>>32458087
>evolving
>>
>Favourite pokemon is Charizard
>On the one hand I want to play a charmander
>But on the other maybe it is better to have him around as a partner
What do?
>>
File: YES WE CAN!.png (195KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
YES WE CAN!.png
195KB, 400x240px
>>32458276
Charizard has natural Heat Wave and EQ immunity and a Wing Attack as a high PP move
It works as either MC or Partner thanks to its access to quite a few Ranged moves. He has cute expretions too
>>
File: ishiggy diggy doo.jpg (110KB, 960x843px) Image search: [Google]
ishiggy diggy doo.jpg
110KB, 960x843px
>>32458276
>>Favourite pokemon is Charizard
>>
>tfw doing headcanons about me team
>tfw coming up with simple stories about my first hatchling growing up in exploration team
>>
>>32436581
I hated and loved that fucking Nuzleaf. Why are bad guys in this saga so great?
>>
>>32371544
>Main story + epilogue
Sky
>Postgame
Sky
>Town
Treasure Town/Lively Town
>Soundtrack(overall)
Sky, Gates a second
>Specific music track
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iG8bTJRDxc
>Partner(game):
Sky/Gates
>Partner(pokemon)
Totodile or Mudkip
>PMD game overall
Sky, with Super 2nd place
>>
File: Pochi&Gura raincoats.jpg (168KB, 728x563px) Image search: [Google]
Pochi&Gura raincoats.jpg
168KB, 728x563px
>>32415652
Hello hello! I've been focusing on a lot of irl-related stuff, and in terms of video games, mostly been trying other stuff (currently obsessed with Dead Rising 1 and 2). If I ever get around to practicing and improving my kind of crappy drawing skills when I get a break, maybe I'll draw some fanart to keep the threads alive, or do some more things related to the actual games when another PMD eventually comes out.
>>
>>32463436
>no third dog dressed as an ampharos
>>
>>32463436
Oh hey! It's nice to hear from you again. When you didn't say much for months I assumed the worst. Good to know I was wrong.
Looking forward to that art
>>
When is a good time to go for treasures in Super?
>>
>>32463443
There is no third dog, only two, unless Mighty gets a mega, but then there's also the case of Mega Ampharos
>>
>>32463443
Mightyena is a hyena not a dog you disgusting subhuman troglodyte
>>
>>32463443
But Ampharos is an ugly lizard.
>>
File: what is wrong with you.png (103KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
what is wrong with you.png
103KB, 256x256px
>>32465290
Those are fighting words. Delete your post.
>>
>>32464719
Whenever you feel prepared.
>>
>>32465298
I think PMD reaction pics are the best. There's so much material in all of the games
>>
File: 1483363956953.jpg (85KB, 580x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1483363956953.jpg
85KB, 580x1018px
>>32467587
>>
File: Invitation.png (140KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Invitation.png
140KB, 400x240px
What are the chances this is an ambush?
>>
>>32469250
I'd trust that ruse fox
>>
>>32469250
He looks like a trustworthy individual.
>>
>>32469250
I'm not sure if it was zoroark but there was a mon that seemed to be a trap, but said something like "what, you thought this was a monster house?” and just invited you to the party.
>>
>>32469250
I don't know if it's different in each game, but I think I remember zoroark being not an ambush in mine
>>
>>32470164
Isn't it Nidoqueen?
>>
What is a good Fire partner if I plan on using Chespin as the main in Super Mystery Dungeon?
>>
>>32472563
Fokko all the way
>>
>>32472697
Nice, wanted to use Fenn too.
>>
I love the way this series uses musical themes
>>
>>32473600
That was one of my main dissapointments with Super after playing Sky, the music sounds very generically "epic" without any of the atmospheric, super catchy leitmotifs the dungeon themes in Sky had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vJZPdGmv8

This is a really good example. It's super memorable and still gives off an incredible vibe of mystery and adventure.
>>
page 9 bump
>>
Finally wrapping up Super (it being the first MD game I play the postgame of), only lack three mons and three dungeons, the three mons being Arceus, Riolu and Dewott.
I know where to get Arceus, but where can I get Dewott and Riolu? The connection orb shows up empty, but I'm guessing it's because they're in a dungeon that's unlocked by finishing one of the two dungeons I have left.
Also, any tips for tackling Arceus' dungeon? I have always been too scared to try 99F dungeons.
>>
File: 54.jpg (152KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
152KB, 1024x1024px
>>32475893
just evolve oshawott
>>
>>32475893
I think you find the starters and their evolutions in cafés, so check those.

For Destiny Tower, I recommend bringing the Satiated Looplet.
Bring a couple of Oran Berries and Emera-Up Orbs and use them as soon as you enter. Leaves some inventory space for stuff you find inside and it's a useful investment for the rest of the dungeon.
If you're worried about having to start over, you might want to bring some progress devices to make some "checkpoints".
>>
>>32475893
That wouldn't register it to the connection orb... Would it?
Now you helped me remember that riolu is a starter, and since most starters are obtained through random appearances in the overworld, I will have to rely on RNG to get it...
>>
File: Image1416516535.jpg (110KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Image1416516535.jpg
110KB, 768x1024px
>>32476171
> I think you find the starters and their evolutions in cafés, so check those.
Thanks! They were both in the exact same spot in serene village's cafe. Had to do a quick dungeon to get riolu to appear.
Only dungeon I have left now besides arceus' is Sacred Ruins, which is a 40F level reset dungeon.

> For Destiny Tower, I recommend bringing the Satiated Looplet.
> Bring a couple of Oran Berries and Emera-Up Orbs and use them as soon as you enter. Leaves some inventory space for stuff you find inside and it's a useful investment for the rest of the dungeon.
> If you're worried about having to start over, you might want to bring some progress devices to make some "checkpoints".
Thanks for the tips! I'm considering going in right now...
>>
>>32476092
But if you do that you can never get another Oshawott, right?
>>
>>32476305
Yeah, that was a joke, don't actually evolve
>>
>>32473635
Dunno about you, but the partner's theme and its use in the final boss battle was pretty good.
>>
File: Image302488056.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Image302488056.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
Wew lads, I did it. Wasn't as hard as I anticipated.
This deserves a new thread: >>32477306
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.