[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen has the best legendaries and why is it gen 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 19

Which gen has the best legendaries and why is it gen 6?
>>
>>32279723
Xerneas
>>
>>32279723
Gen 3
>>
>>32279723
this capture is from wikidex, you are Hispanic
>>
Easily gen 3
> latios/as
> Regis
> deyoxs
> fug

Too many great options
>>
File: 1418763311312.png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1418763311312.png
2MB, 1280x905px
>>32279737
This. Solid box legendaries, best trio, and best mythicals. Plane duo are good too.
>>
Gen 2
>>
>>32279772

Lol guys, I haven't kept up with Pokemon for the last 10 years, I literally just shitposted this answer not having a clue. I'm glad people agree though, kek
>>
>>32279723
>only a spic would think that 6th gen was any way better in some aspect
Makes sense, now we need build a wall
>>
>>32279737
>>32279772
My dudes. Gen 3 definitely has the best legends. My second and third are Sinnoh then Johto respectively
>>
>>32279723
Are you sure you're not thinking of Gen VII?
>great boxart duo dynamic
>asshole fairy quartet
>seven silly ayy lmaos
>chimaera pupper
>>
>>32279741
but it's the only pic I could find that contained all of them
>>
>>32279723
Nothing can shake the feeling that Magearna should be on that group
>>
File: ultrabeasts.jpg (139KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
ultrabeasts.jpg
139KB, 737x545px
>>32279723
I'd say 7 had the best ones yet. My favorite is still genesect but that gen also had genies and the musketeers.
The UBs are by far my other favorites, and the mascots are excellent. Mythicals are also top-tier.

Gen 6 I loved Yveltal and Zygarde, but the latter two mythicals rubbed me the wrong way (especially Volcanion, such an awkward look). No sublegends meant no postgame sublegend hunt except for a single Kanto bird, which I've seen quite enough of over the years.
>>
>>32280209
Tbqh I'm glad it was saved for Alola just because of the QR distro so that it's never a time limited, hard to get Pokemon. Hated that shit.
>>
>>32279723

Objectively Gen 1. 3 element-based birds, an actual legend (impossible to get in-game), and a final boss-esque #150. More importantly, there aren't 3-4 unnecessary shitmons with the legendary title.

Gen 2 did a poor job. This is where legendaries lost some of their luster IMO, since Lugia/Ho-oh were ultimately completely unnecessary and made 100% for the sake of selling 2 game versions. Legendary dogs were cool, Celebi is ok.

Gen 3 is where shit gets waaaay too saturated. Having 2 separate trios is stupid since one inevitably gets ignored (Regi), Latias/Latios/Deoxys/Jirachi all completely unnecessary. Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza were fine, and then maybe just Latias/Latios as local accessory legendaries, and Jirachi as the default fairy.

Gen 4 is shit. Just way too much.

Gen 5 is shit. Same reason.

Gen 6 realized the last 2 were stupid and slimmed it down. Did a good job. One of Hoopa/Volcanion is unnecessary, but otherwise a solid A-. Cool trio, one fairy.

Gen 7 had cool ideas, but I think put too much into Ultra Beasts.

1 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 7 >>>>>>>>>>>> 4/5
>>
>>32280267
Having less isn't always good. I get the feeling you dislike legendaries as a whole.
I have to agree on gen 4 and 5's though, some of those are ridiculous to call legendaries and there are far too much. Gen 6 had too few legends though, and as a result felt like there was no new postgame legendaries to bother with.

I think it has to hit a good balance, or make them "legendaries" without making them one off specials. I think the UBs did a good job there, by establishing them as a species without technically bloating or devaluing the moniker of "legendary" due to their "normal Pokemon from an alien world" status but also having them be powerful enough to be on par with the others.
>>
File: 1491152018097.jpg (391KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491152018097.jpg
391KB, 1280x720px
>Gen 1 and 6 ANYWHERE near the top
>7/4/5 that low
(you)
>>
>>32280371
Well to be fair he seems to be ranking them by amount not necessarily design or stats. I fucking hate the designs of the Gen 6 legends barring Xerneas and Yveltal so it would be last on my list
>>
File: 1488818212166.gif (534KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1488818212166.gif
534KB, 500x277px
>>32280267
>>32280350
>Gen 5 Legendaries are shit
Wrong
>>
>>32280406
I didn't say I hate them. I just said that some are not really necessary, like the Genies, and some don't feel like they need to be legendary, like Victini.

Meloetta is actually one of my favorite pixie legends, I have a little plushie of her.
>>
File: 31e.png (593KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
31e.png
593KB, 800x800px
>>32280267

>Gen 1 """best legendaries"""

>Moltres is a phoenix lacking in originality and the design of Zapdos is stupid.

>Their existence is irrelevant to Kanto

>The "legendary" Mewtwo is literally a genetic experiment of which hardly anyone knows anything.

>Mew did not intervene in the adventure and was only destined to be part of an event.
>>
I decided to be autistic about it and rated every legendary and their alternate forms out of 5, then averaged it for that gen. Here's what I got.

Johto (4.33) > Alola (4.25) > Hoenn (4.13) > Kalos (3.7) > Kanto (3.57) > Unova (3.4) > Sinnoh (3.31)
>>
Xerneas and Yveltal best box duo and Hoopa Unbound is godly but the est of them aren't much to write home about and Gen 7 beats it out I think
>>
>>32279772
>Plane duo
Nigga what
>>
File: zygarde_100percent.png (195KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde_100percent.png
195KB, 500x500px
>>32280677
>Mentions Xerneas, Hoopa and Yveltal.
>Doesn't mention our new lord and saviour Zy-god.
Explain yourself.
>>
File: 1423410326267.jpg (1MB, 1000x1487px) Image search: [Google]
1423410326267.jpg
1MB, 1000x1487px
>>32280920
I think it's plane to see what you meant.
>>
>>32280677
Xerneas and Yveltal are definitely not the best box trio. You're fucking insane if you think that.
>>
>>32280267
>legendary dogs
stopped reading at that point
>>
File: lugia.jpg (257KB, 2048x1866px) Image search: [Google]
lugia.jpg
257KB, 2048x1866px
Gen 2 has the best legendaries because of Lugia alone.

Top 2 husbando according to japan

However, gen 2 also has the legendary beasts which are all unique in their own way and yet have a theme. They're also sexy.

The rainbow chicken makes an appearance in episode one. Also hot.

And Celebi. Idk, PMD 2 was fun. I bet some would wanna fuck it but not me
>>
>>32281009
>reposting
>10% would be based on Fenrir's offspring, Sköll and Hati (wolves which persecute Sol, sun god, and Mani, moon godness) not only one single wolf just like the anime shows two different "incarnations" of Zygarde (Z1 and Z2)
>Same about 50% forme being based not only on Jörmungandr but Nidhögg too, since both are giant serpent creatures.
>100% is based on Hel/Hela godness, supposed to be "half live and half dead", half beautiful and half horrible, she represents how reach the perfection combining opposite forces (that's why Zygarde's wings represent Xerneas and Yveltal's colors). "HeLa" casually is the name of a cell type in an immortal cell line used in scientific research, the oldest and most commonly used human cell line.

>Plus, Zygarde's rainbow chest is based on Bifröst, the bridge between Midgard and Asgard. Since Xerneas represents Midgar's deer and Yveltal Asgard's eagle, Zygarde's rainbow is supposed to be the bridge between life and death (its chest also looks like the french flag when is closed, but is clearly a rainbow when is open, and the rainbow also represents diversity, the whole and complete color spectrum, and rainbow is also a hawaian/alolan national symbol as we can see in SM).

Now name a better legendary you can't
>>
>>32280652
I did the same

Alola (4.3) > Kalos (4.2) > Johto (3.6) > Hoenn (3.3) > Kanto (2.8) > Sinnoh (2.3) > Unova (2.1)
>>
Gen5 minus the Genies.
>>
TOP TIER
2nd gen
>Lugia
>Suicune
>Ho-oh
>Celebi
GOOD TIER
1st gen
>Mew
>Mewtwo
>Articuno
>Zapdos
3rd gen
>Deoxys
>Rayquaza
>Regitrio
>Groudon/Kyogre with good stories for once
4th gen
>Azelf
>Dialga
>Uxie
>Shaymin
>Darkrai
OK TIER
6th gen
>Yveltal
>Xerneas
>Zygarde and its forms (although they're technically 7th gen idfc)
7th gen
>Solgaleo (GOAT design)
>Although not fully legendary, the Tapus are great
>Lunala is OK
DIGIMON TRASH TIER
5th gen
>oh shit we all look like fucking digimon or anime trash
>>
>>32279723
Probably 7.
6 had too few, 4 and 5 had too many. 3's were ok and brought us lord fug. 2 I dislike, especially Lugia.
>>
>>32281511
The only gen 5 legends that look like shit are the genies and deer trios. The rest are great, I don't think you know what a digimon looks like.
>>
File: arceus.jpg (10KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
arceus.jpg
10KB, 197x256px
>>32281169
A-Arceus?
>>
>>32281546
>Digimon or anime trash
Can you read?
>>
>>32279723
Not gonna lie I love the trio of XY, but I do have a soft spot for Norse mythology.
>>
File: stfupleb.png (324KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
stfupleb.png
324KB, 800x600px
>>32281546
>>
>>32281511
>>32281610
How is Digimon and anime a bad thing?
>>
>>32281682
Being anime trash doesn't mean all anime is a bad thing, just that it caters to the edgy side of what anime often portrays

Besides, if you have to ask yourself that question you're already lost
>>
>>32281610
Yes, and you still don't know what a digimon looks like. Also Pokemon has always been in an anime style.
>>32281655
Gee, they're both black with red accents.
>>
>>32281726
>Also Pokemon has always been in an anime style.
That doesn't excuse how ridiculous the gen 5 legends are
>Gee, they're both black with red accents.
So you agree they look similar, and that's my whole argument
The designs are too basic so they look like crap from typical anime
>>
>>32281777
No, you clearly don't get what I meant. By "Gee, they're both black with red accents" I mean that they share only a tiny amount in common. They look nothing alike, and Devimon has zip to do with it aside from color. Zekrom retains the standard Pokemon style and design elements of any gen 3+ Pokemon. Gen 5 legends look no more "anime" than any other gen. I'd actually say gen 4's look the most "anime" out of the bunch.
>>
>>32281814
Their shapes and colours are identical besides the width and zip, how naive are you?
Not arguing this with this weeb anymore
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (210KB, 1250x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
210KB, 1250x800px
>>32279737
agreed. 3 had the bes
>>
>>32279772
some come close but nothing can top the gen three ledgendaries
>>
File: 1457554959847.png (41KB, 249x196px) Image search: [Google]
1457554959847.png
41KB, 249x196px
>>32279772
This pic reminds me of the magma vs aqua shitposting in the run up to ORAS, about how alpha males would buy AS and basement dwellers would buy OR, or how only successful rich people would buy OR and clowns and nogs would buy AS.
>>
>>32280209
So true. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Alola mons at all.
>>
>>32281169
I don't rate legendaries based on some anon's autistic headcanon. I rate them based on how the games present them, how much I like their design, and their overall usability.
>>
File: Devimon_b.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Devimon_b.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
>>32281832
>the shapes and colors are identical
How blind are you?
Zekrom uses smooth shapes and lines with clear colored areas, and uses the same smooth areas of skin the way most Pokemon do. The character only uses three colors.
Devimon, if you used the art of it rather than an in game comparison (to make it equal to the out of game art you used for Zekrom) is covered in tears and belts, with grey shades varying on the different parts of the character. Clothes, spikes, and bandages cover the character, and it uses wrinkled, pockmarked skin to emphasize the character's disheveled nature.
At this point all you're doing is shitposting, and the comparison you used initially was a weak one to begin with.
>>
>>32281511
>we all look like fucking digimon or anime trash
What does this even fucking mean?
>these are shit and look like digimon but I'm never ever going to explain how because it's just a buzzword for I don't like it
>>
>>32281832
>ad hominem and blind
dude
Why not use a dragon digimon to compare?
that devil thing looks nothing like zekrom
>>
>>32280267
>Says Gens 4 & 5 are shit cause they had too many legendaries
>Doesn't think the same about Gen 7 which had even more legendaries than 4 or 5.

Nice logic, anon
Also, what dogs??? They're cats! But I accept Beasts as a middle ground term.
>>
>>32281533
>dislikes Lugia, the best gen 2 legendary and one of the best overall
how can you have such a shit taste??? kys!
>>
>>32281832
>the shapes and colours are identical!
>except for these things that I don't count as a difference!
are you high
>>
>>32281655
>comparing Zekrom with Devimon
lol kys faggot
>>
>>32281958
The head is too small and the hand wings look awkward in the official art. Shadow lugia remedies this a bit with longer eye parts and sharper shaped fingers and toes, but it's temporary. The dark eyes also look much better than the graveler eyes Lugia has.

I also don't want to fuck it.
>>
>>32281989
eww. Me neither.
I just think Lugia looks majestic as fuck! The first movie I saw was the 2nd movie. I'll never forget how badass was to see Ash jumping onto Lugia and flying away from the island. Or the the first time it appears envolved with the whirlpool. Truly a beautiful creature. The wings are like that because it is a mix of a bird with a plesiosaur and a dragon all in one.
>>
>>32279855
Is really fucking strong, they made me gave a fuck about the quartet, something i didn't since gen 2
>No one gave a fuck about the regies until regigigas
>The color swap lake something
>The blocks your path deers
>i honestly can't remember gen 6 trio
>>
>>32282036
>no one gave a fuck about the regies until regigigas
Nice revisionist history
>>
>>32282024
Well that's fine, you can enjoy what you like, I'm not asking you to share my opinion. It just doesn't hold the same feel for me. There are alternate manga depictions of it that look great (sleeker head, more winglike wings). The hands just bring to mind someone flapping their arms rather than a dragon/bird thing flapping wings, so it feels awkward to look at.
>>
I see no one here appreciates our Space gods Dialga, Palkia and Giratina (the latter which, in its Origin form, is the best mascot legendary and you can't deny that).
Or the amazing fusion forms of Kyurem that everyone complains about being overdesigned but look cool precisely because they're so detailed.
Oh well.

Overall, I like Gen 4 legendaries the most (the only bad one is Phione which has no reason to exist). You have the space trio, Regigigas, Heatran, Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin Sky and Arceus, our lord and saviour. The lake trio and Cresselia are not so bad either. What more could you want?
>>
>>32282167
fuck you phione is great
>>
>>32282167
this meme is reaching a whole new level
>>
>>32282188
hahaha I laughed hard now. I totally expected someone saying I had shit taste for liking gen 4 (cause that's what usually happens) but your comment was amazingly unexpected.
Anyway, I don't think Phione looks bad. I just think there's no reason for it to exist since it is just a weaker Manaphy. It can't even evolve into it like Cosmog/Cosmoem into Solgaleo/Lunala. They could at least have made it be more like Carbink, a regular pokémon tied with a mythical instead of being a mythical itself.
>>
>>32281920

I don't count ultra beasts as legendary mons, since they technically aren't.

>>32280350

I don't dislike legendaries, I just want them to be legendary. Having 14 from a single gen makes them less unique and waters down their power and the meaning of the word "legendary." Also makes their individual stories less in-depth, which makes the gen weaker as a whole. Half the reason Mewtwo is so popular is because he was basically IT in gen 1. There weren't 20 other guys fighting for the spotlight.

I mean for fuck's sake, Gen 4 introduced the literal god of Pokemon, and then they kept going. 3 regional lake guardians. 3 masters of dimension. A volcano monster. Gaia. 2 moon things. 2 sea guardians. A flower dog. It's stupid.

There should be a difference between a legendary and a mon that's really hard to find.
>>
>>32282167
Nah dude I like them all too. It's just hard for me to choose sometimes between this group and Hoenn's group. I think overall I prefer Hoenn' s main legends but I prefer Sinnoh's mythicals/lesser legends. I fucking love Shaymin, Cress, Darkrai, Manaphy etc... a lot more than Deoxys, Jirachi etc... surprisingly. Either way, those two are always at the top for me.
>>
>>32282216
I just like how it looks more like a clione than Manaphy does. Super cute and lets newer players have an event Pokemon at any given time. Special without being too special.
But yeah it's useless
>>
>>32279723
It could've been gen 4 if it didn't have that many.
>>
>>32282235
UBs are technically considered sublegendaries of the same classification as the birds, beasts, golems, etc. according to the game.
I love that they don't try and make them seem "legendary" with the redundancy that stuff like Heatran is considered. Multiples of them that hit home that these are alien species rather than Pokemon that hold places in myths.
>>
>>32282330
I suppose it has to do with UBs existing in abundance in the Ultra Space.
>>
>>32282235
>technically
That's not confirmed. If anything, they lean more towards being legendaries than not.
Reasons:
- 3 guaranteed 31IVs
- No eggs group
- In the GTS, if you use the option to not include Special Pokémon in the search, they will not appear.
- (this one ties with the guaranteed IVs) In the official legality document for VGC, it is stated no legendary or mythical can be used if it has Hidden Power Fighting (because HP Fighting requires 4 even IVs, and having 3 guaranteed 31 IVs obviously doesn't allow that to happen). But if we can't use any of the official confirmed legendaries (Cosmog line, Necrozma, Magearna & Marshadow), they are obviously refering to the Tapus and the UBs.

I think there's more but I don't remember right now.
>>
>>32281890
>headcanon
Oh I see you're just an ignorant
>>
>>32282373
They are officially regarded as sublegendaries.
The datamine reveals that there are two designations for legendaries, the terms the dex uses being "sublegendary" (secondary legends are here) and "legendary" (mythicals are counted in this as well as box mascots)
UBs, Tapus and Silvally appear under sublegendary.
>>
I like gen four's legendares. They all felt really involved in the lore of the word. Well except shamin but shamin is also one of the cutest mysticals for i forgive it.
Well i guess manaphy is pretty much shit, but i sometimes i forget it's gen four because of that movie coming out during the advance generation.
>>
File: 1443257005638.jpg (86KB, 446x373px) Image search: [Google]
1443257005638.jpg
86KB, 446x373px
>>32280267
>Legendary dogs

CATS, NIGGER, CATS

SABRE TOOTH TIGER, LEOPARD AND LION
>>
>>32282427
How did the term dogs ever came to be associated with them?
>>
>>32282364
Yeah, that's it. They don't have the "unique" stipulation but feel like they're a full species. But also retaining the feeling of "power" about legendaries. Fantastic stuff.
>>
As a whole I think Gen 2 and 3 have the best. Gen 4 has the worst.
>>
>>32282416
Oh, so it is confirmed after all. Good to know.
>>
>>32279723
3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 7 > 6
All other opinions are objectively wrong.
>>
>>32282477
That's something I'll never understand. How can anyone look at them and think they're dogs? They're all clearly feline in appearance.
>>
>>32280267
It's okay to be gay, but you gotta find another place to stay bro.
>>>/out/
>>
>>32279772
plane duo fucking suck, imagine someone takes your favorite type and gives it two legendaries with the condition that they are exactly the same and they are both boeing products. They fucking suck and worse, because they are good no one will voice dissent.
>>
>>32279723
Gen 3 without question. Gen 6 had the worst starters at that point so it needed some balance.
>>
Gen1, Mew a qt3.14
>>
>>32279723
Literally what the filthy fuck am I fucking hearing?

>my mom's deer with sequins
>edgy bacon bird
>Zygarde is ok
>waifushit
>cancer
>toilet seat
yeah no
>>
>>32281890
>headcanon
You can't be serious
>>
>>32282427
Neither cats stupid frog
The correct term is legendary beasts
>>
>>32282585
They're a blend of dogs and cats, they have distinct elements of both. The best term for them are beasts.

In the Japanese fandom however, they're almost exclusively referred to as the legendary dogs.
>>
>>32282585
Suicine looks way more canine than feline. Entei could go either way. Raikou is clearly feline though.
>>
>>32282167
Good designs and no concepts that jump the fucking gun for one
>>
>>32282384
>>32282867
not an argument Zygardecucks
>>
>>32282656
This. Plane duo are fucking trash.
>>
>>32282167
There's too many in Gen IV, and some shouldn't really exist at all.
>>
>>32283302
>c-cuck!
Not an argument, kid.
>>
>>32280371
Gen 5 legends are utter shit though. The only good ones are Genesect and Zekrom.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.