[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

old cancer edition New? Check the pastebin for advice on ge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 47

File: FurretAquapolis48.jpg (45KB, 354x499px) Image search: [Google]
FurretAquapolis48.jpg
45KB, 354x499px
old cancer edition

New? Check the pastebin for advice on getting started with PTCGO, deck building tips, current metagame information and more
>http://pastebin.com/AK9ZJksJ (embed)

You can also check this FAQ (it's a bit outdated but mostly holds true):
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

>WHAT THEMEDECK SHOULD I BUY
Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Old thread >>32219936
>>
>>32246388
>Minus 2 for an energy that isn't even attached

Why was it cancer?
>>
>>32246400
I'm curious too. Considering it could be any energy and that darkness/metal were still not basic by then, I can only assume it has a strong partner of that type
>>
Ok, after some research, Furrent could be used to search energy for Scizor(Aquapolis) which attacked for 30+ a coin flip for 20 for each metal energy attached (70 average combined with a 40 defence boost with all 4 energy)
>>
>>32246400
>an energy
>any energy
>non-basic
This is back in the time of double rainbow energy, holy fuck
>>
>>32246388
Nice title here OP
>>
>>32247015
There was no double rainbow yet. There was boost energy (triple colorless), though.
>>
File: 1489341320482.jpg (55KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1489341320482.jpg
55KB, 650x487px
>>32246400
>>32246760
The game was so much slower back then with some crazy special energies, guaranteed special energy attachments would've been insane back then
>>
File: ScizorAquapolis31.jpg (62KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
ScizorAquapolis31.jpg
62KB, 400x550px
>>32246400
It let you put 4 metal energy on this thing every game, back when metal energy was special and gave -10 damage taken per energy and everything had low hp/damage.

SMT was the staple cancer deck of late gen 2.
>>
>>32247386
and by SMT i mean SMF lmao
>>
>hold 2 shaymin
>forced to use one as my starter
>the other is prized

fuck
>>
Is confusion really that strong?

>does not heal even if you flip heads

Haven't really experienced getting confused before but that just seem dogshit.
>>
>>32248054
Why should it heal? It's supposed to simulate being confused in the main games, where there's a chance that a move will be replaced by the Pokemon attacking itself
>>
>>32248097
Because in the games, pokemon do snap out of confusion at random, so why shouldn't the TCG do so?

I'm just glad there isn't a lot of Pokémon that deal confusion.
>>
Why is Mega Mewtwo like $13? Charizard tax? Because the regular Mewtwo EX is $4 something for any version
>>
>>32248533

Because it is actually good (assuming you are talking about Mega Mewtwo Y EX), and the price already dropped from the previous hype price of $20~$25 when the season began
>>
>>32248533
Charizard tax on top of being a really good card that's also fairly rare. .
>>
>>32248054
don't know why it should heal, but I do agree that it fucking sucks because it doesn't wear off. It would probably be garbage otherwise if it did wear off though.
>>
Is prerelease worth going to? I heard Guardians rising has lots of value. I've only been to magic prereleases before.
>>
>>32248789
Yes. You get dank promos and other neat stuff
>>
>>32249045

Is every card and comic shop doing it? How do I find out whos in on it?
>>
>>32249209
Pokémon event finder
>>
>next set is another fucking kanto bundle
Kill me
>>
>>32248533
Mega tax also exists, mega aggron FA is like $17 despite being trash. That's why the much worse one is worth about equal.
>>32248789
It has good uncommons, some great GXs that will however most likely get tin promos and drop like Mewtwo, but the Rainbow Rare will stay high
It's worth going
>>
when are they going to add a card as satisfying to land as Ghetsis back to standard? I've gotten 4 concedes today from a t1 ghetsis that hit 3-4 items.
>>
File: 789.jpg (24KB, 656x465px) Image search: [Google]
789.jpg
24KB, 656x465px
>Crushing hammer will never rotate out
>>
>>32249508
>play shaymemeless raikou/eels in expanded
>run into a crushing hammer deck
>all of his hammers, a team skull grunt, 2 team flare grunts and a dark call GX all land
>I still attack every turn and absolutely wreck him
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (302KB, 653x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
302KB, 653x369px
>>32249045

The only good ones are the Oricorio promo and the Alolan Sandslash promo (the latter only being good for the prerelease itself), the others are pure garbage.
>>
How many packs is a Shaymin-EX worth?

I just won my first 8-ticket tournament and want to grind enough packs for a pair of Shaymin-EX.

How much is one worth?
>>
>genesect ex

What is the card good for? I've seen it in some decks and all it seems to do is prevent mulligans.
>>
>>32250006
I got one trading for 20 sumo and 5 ros
>>
>>32250149
Do you think 25 random packs would do it?
>>
>>32250158
definitely not. Packs have varying value.

For example XY evolutions is hot garbage and is barely worth 4 packs of sumo
>>
>>32250195
So how many Sumo would you say are equal to exactly one Shaymin-EX?
>>
>>32250125
Which one? The Fates Collide one is used in some decks as a tool bank.
>>
>>32250357
Yeah the one you can remove tool cards off of. Just curious if there was some sort of hidden tech i didn't know about.
>>
>old cancer
Playing legacy is either somebody who doesn't known about the genting rule change stalling or THIS FUCKING PIECE OF GARBAGE
Genesect/Virizion is unbeatable in legacy, your only chance is a prized G Booster and even then they'll probably pick it up by turn 3
>>
>>32250259
It's between read and the OP
>>
>>32250394
Genesect gets shit on by Weavile, Ninetales and even Typhlosion. I also shit on it with my meme Liepard deck.
>>
>>32250259
To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

come on man there's only 40 posts in the thread too.
>>
>>32250125
Bronzong decks, rainbow force, thats it.

>>32250417
>ninetales
Genesect is immune to special conditions with virizion
>>
>>32250540
Still hit for weakness and loses the prize trade, often is too slow to put a grass on every single mon in play so Ninetales can Bright Look around and one shot benched Gens and Virs. It gets worse when you're usually only running one or two Virizions in Celebigen, which means it's an easy target.
>>
>Mega Mewtwo
>Yveltal
If my meta is full of stuff like ability-reliant stuff Greninja, Volcanion, etc which of these two decks would I have the most success with, considering they both run Garbodor? Which of these two is better in general?
>>
>>32250704
Yveltal is better in general.
>>
>>32250463
I'm still somewhat new here senpai, I briefed most of the OP stuff but have difficulties firmly believing the conversions.

I have seen some gnarly stuff on the trades, so I wonder sometimes.
>>
Lads, I have an idea for Genting. What if we just follow the same coin flip rule but the loser quits by losing as soon as possible. So we play with decks with shaymin for shaymin-sepuku and with shitmons for easy KO. This way it doesn't trigger the concession pattern detector.

>>32248731
It wouldn't suck if it wore off because the user would get to use the same move again. It would probably be more fair that way actually, that way they cant confuse you indefinitely and then go on to spam their best attack while you're fucked.
>>
File: decklist.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
decklist.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Can you guys rate my deck? Just made it, tested in 2 games and I did alright, but I'm sure its far from perfect.
Newer player so any tips are appreciated
>>
>>32250835
explain in detail why you you want dugtrio in your deck as well as fearow
>>
>>32250855
Took dugtrio for the ability, and was questioning the fearow myself but I was thinking of it as a cheap backup attack
>>
>>32250899
very new to the standard format, have been playing mostly theme since I started
>>
>>32250835
What exactly are you trying to do?

>Who is the main attacker?
>Who is a bench sitter bar Hoopa/Shaymin/Octillery/Oranguru/Dragonite?
>Is there synergy or is it goodcards.dek?
>>
File: 1491339195470.jpg (99KB, 720x559px) Image search: [Google]
1491339195470.jpg
99KB, 720x559px
>5 games in a row
>5 different people
>same hyper-expensive deck loaded up with the same exact cancer

I'm convinced this game uses bots pretending to be real people and that's the real reason they got rid of chat is to make it less apparent.
>>
>>32250922
>Who is the main attacker?
Solgaleo (dragonite backup)
>Bench sitter
Shaymin, dugtrio
>synergy
was trying to just spam the 230 attack and recycle the discarded energies
>>
>>32250899
heres the thing anon. If you add ANY pokemon you have to ask.

Will this pokemon win me the game?
Is the effect going worth not getting out a solgaleo? (your main attacker)

that effect is garbage if all you're doing is trying to increase retreat. Float stone exits dude.

Could be useful if there was an attack that was based on retreat cost, but right now all that card does is take up space. get more trainers and don't just put random trainers in your deck. That poison bard does nothing and is unreliable. Get more scyamore/Ns
>>
>>32250926
6 games in a row now. I'm about to have a fucking aneurysm.
>>
>>32250971
>was trying to just spam the 230 attack and recycle the discarded energies
Lurantis/Solgaleo is a thing, it even took a spot at Anaheim's day 2.
>>
>>32250974
Okay, thanks for the insight anon
much appreciated
>>
>>32250986
The feels when I have FA Lurantis GX and SR Lurantis
but only as physical cards
>>
File: unabomber.jpg (66KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
unabomber.jpg
66KB, 500x400px
>opponent very obviously doesn't get the draw they wanted
>waits until their turn times out like a big fucking baby
>>
>>32250926
Is it a dark rai cancer deck?

I'm running into a lot of dark rai cancer myself.
>>
>>32251164
Some fucking vileplume mega ratticate frankenstein deck. Each one has 50 mega ratticates ready to go.
>>
>>32251198
Do you mean raticate break?
>>
>>32250149
>sumo

found the redditcuck, neck yourself and make the world a better place
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-05+at+03.36.57).jpg (203KB, 856x500px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-05+at+03.36.57).jpg
203KB, 856x500px
For what purpose
>>
for regional tournaments/leagues that begin after may 5th will GR be legal in those?
>>
Banned Cards in MTG standard:
>Emrakul - Cause OP
>Smugglers Copter - Every deck had a playset of these
>Reflector Mage - Made a deck too dominating

So why the hell is TPCi not banning cards in the similar vein like Vileplume and VS Seeker in standard? Retardation ?
>>
>>32251604
For sets, they are legal the third Friday of the month they are released in. So in Guardian's Rising's case, it is legal May 19th.

Promos are legal either the first or third Friday of the month after it is released.
>>
>>32251722
Because Vileplume doesn't warp the meta around X/Plume and VS Seeker doesn't do what Smuggler's Copter did.
>>
>>32251744
>Vileplume doesn't warp the meta around X/Plume
Going by all the complaints here it sure does.
>>
>>32251722
If vague similarities to another game's cards like "every deck runs a playset" is a deciding factor for a ban, half the trainers we use need to be banned. VS Seeker is just good, it's not worth a ban and it'll probably rotate out naturally in a few months anyway. Vileplume, while annoying stunshit, isn't the problem. FoGP is what makes it so unbalanced and I'll admit that it should be dealt with because you shouldn't be able to bypass game mechanics with no drawback. If you want to use an ability like Vileplume's, you should have to work toward it and not be able to shit out four of them turn one.
>>
File: Rate my Deck.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Rate my Deck.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Rate my expanded deck
>>
>>32251722
Because MtG and Pokemon use completely different criteria for their bans.
>>
>>32251722
In PTCG the OPness threshold required for a ban is way higher than it is in Magic. TPCI doesn't really care about overcentralization, the criteria is basically

1. A card removes a win condition from play (Lysandre's Trump Card)
2. A card creates a non-interactive play environment (Shiftry NXD, Slowking Genesis)
3. A card is so strong that it is basically the only viable attacker at a competitive level (Sneasel Genesis, original modified was also specifically designed to kill all of the cards from Haymaker)

as far as I'm aware, other than some promos with different backings and joke cards, LTC, Shiftry, Sneasel and Slowking are the only cards that were ever actually banned from play.
>>
>>32253088
They also banned the birthday Pikachu so people wouldn't lie about their birthdate
>>
File: 1490935767646.jpg (25KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490935767646.jpg
25KB, 720x960px
I'm getting fed the fuck up with the expanded meme
>opponent always 100% of the time draws every single card they need to win in one turn on their first turn
>pulls a billion of the slowest-to-kill cards out of their ass every single second
>the last card they have left just so happens to be the only card they need to counter a highly specific move which was just made
>>
>>32253088
>TPCI doesn't really care about overcentralization
Further to this, they don't really need to, thanks to the Weakness system. If any one deck gets too powerful, it can be countered by playing what it is weak to. This in turn leads to it's own problems like the pre-SM rps metagame, but that's beside the point.
Long story short, this is not MtG.
>>
>>32250394
Use Victini
>>
does anyone here play legacy? I've been using a pyroar card (immune to basics) in my charizard/ gyarados deck to counter big basics that get ready before I do, but i'm afraid I'm cancer
>>
>>32253920
and by legacy I mean expanded
>>
>>32253603
Until they introduce OP cards that have no weakness, the Tapus really worry me. Bulu has really good support already, and Koko has decent support. These are both one or two new cards away from being broken and without weakness there is no real tech response. I guess Koko will always have Alolan Muk, but what the fuck are you gonna do about Bulu?
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that Pokemon ex are fucking bullshit?

Why should they be considered "basic pokemon" when they're clearly evolution pokemon? And why should cards like "Nest Ball" and "pokéfans" allow you to pull second stage evolution pokemon? For that matter why should those cards allow you to pull shit like legendary basics? The art on pokefans clearly implies that it's meant to pull weak small pokemon.

Back to the point though, pokemon ex that get to be "basic pokemon" even though they're evolution pokemon. It's so ridiculous.
>>
>>32254118
Agreed, but people have their heads stuck so far up the meta they don't see it's bullshit anymore. I actually don't have any EX decks on principle
>>
>>32253920
Any big basic deck use hex maniac.

>>32254118
Have you ever been during gen IV? Also GX are what you propose.
>>
>>32254118
There's several EXs of Pokemon that would be basics though
>>
>>32254172
I dunno, my opponent concedes like 30% of the time I play him. It happened just now between posts
>>
Another thing, the amount of energy needed for an attack should be proportional to the damage it does. I don't see why mega Mewtwo's attack should only cost two energy when it will almost always inflict at least 160 damage.

>>32254155
What the fuck was tpci thinking?

>>32254172
No I wasn't around, I just started playing a couple months ago. And I know, GX is way more reasonable.

>>32254181
No shit, fucking retard. I'm obviously not talking about those ones.
>>
>Please wait while your opponent selects their active Pokémon.

Why do people start a game when they're not at their fucming computer?
>>
>>32254245
I thought this was to try and get you to concede
>>
>>32254189
>only 30%

My expanded lurantis plumelock has a turn 1 concession rate of ~45%. Pyroar isn't even fucking close to cancer
>>
>>32254328
That's annoying if true. Just play the fucking game.
>>
>>32254328
They should really just track the time players take and implement an algorithm to reduce your time limit to like 5 seconds per turn if you abuse the timer.
>>
>>32254118
Literally who cares? The whole point of EX's is that they're supposed to be super strong and stand out compared to normal cards. Just because something happens to evolve from something else doesn't stop it from being an individual Pokemon on its own, so why do they absolutely have to evolve in order to be a card according to you?
>>
Pikachu shouldn't be a basic Pokemon because Pichu exists desu
>>
>>32254428
>Literally who?
Me, >>32254172, and >>32254155.

>Supposed to be super strong
Not an argument, they can be super strong without skipping stages.

>Supposed to stand out
Not an argument, they can stand out without skipping stages.

>The rest of your nonsense
Learn to logic, retard.
>>
>>32254449
Babymons were a mistake.
>>
>>32254453
Hold up im 32254172 and dont agree with you, also big basics werent the problem of gen 6.
>>
>>32254471
You seemed to. I just think it's illogical and annoying, especially when there are cards like glaceon (who should have to evolve from eevee) who get immunity from evolution poke attacks but they can be attacked by Evolution pokemon that have Ex in their name.
>>
>>32254453
til all stage 1 and 2s are not pokemon.
>>
>>32254534
>Til
Reddittor go away.

>Still no argument.
Pokemon fanboys will defend anything tpci does, sad.
>>
>>32254453
>Not an argument
Yeah it is? That's the whole reason EX's exist and why all of them are Basics. They're supposed to be unique versions of that particular evolutionary stage.

>Learn to logic, retard
Have you never played any of the games where it's common to find an evolved Pokemon out in the wild? Why is it so illogical for the same thing to happen in the card game? Caring one way or the other whether Charizard is a Basic or Stage 2 is nothing but pure autism on your part.
>>
>>32254697
>I complain that pokemon ex skip stages
>You argue that they skip stages because they're supposed to be powerful
>I argue that they can be powerful without skipping stages
>"The whole reason exes exist is to skip stages!"

>Muh videogame
This isn't the videogame, it's the card game. Might as well not have any rules, who cares what stage a pokemon is, just play it! You can find evolved pokemon in pokemon Sun so why not lol :)
>>
>>32254697
The evolution mechanic is meant to lock the powerful cards behind a specific operation that needs to take place. Making the strongest cards in the game basic means no stage 1's taking up space in the deck as well as no turns spent waiting to get all the right cards on the bench and evolved, which ruins the flow of the game
>>
File: 1435631117295.png (120KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435631117295.png
120KB, 400x240px
Don't worry about it. You'll care less your second month in the game.
>>
>>32254776
but wasnt the catch suppose to be that ex cards give 2 prize cards when killed instead of one?
>>
>>32254803
Which only contributes even more to the game being too fast now. Seriously, what does it matter that you draw 2 prize cards if your whole bench is wiped out by a super powerful card in the first 5 turns?
>>
>>32254803
2nd gen EX cards were part of the gen 5 design philosophy that wanted to move the game back towards its roots.

Between Neo and the end of the HS block, the game was overall much slower than it was during the gen 1 era. The combination of EX cards accelerating the prize game, predominantly basic attackers with high damage, low energy requirement attacking options, and enhanced supporter draw power basically cut the average game length by a third or more, returning the ability based draw power from the gen 4 era with Shaymin and Octillery further cut this so that the typical modern standard game takes maybe half as long to play on average as a gen 4 game.

I think with GX cards, they're trying to strike more of a balance, give us evolution options while not slowing down the game too much.
>>
>>32254866
what were breaks suppose to provide?
im not a competitive player btw, so im honestly asking. i just collect
>>
>>32254944
I'm curious about this too. BREAK is pretty great but I haven't ever used it. I have 3 delphox break somehow and 0 delphox stage 2.
>>
>>32254944
Give stronger attacks and HP by a preset mechanic (evolution) without making them OP, keep in mind most Breaks are to support old pokemon (Bronzong BREAK combos with PHF more than FC). We already had them before as lv.X cards.
Aesthetically speaking is a mega evolution to pokemon that didnt get one.
>>
>>32254944
BREAK cards were their half hearted first attempt to provide support for evolutions and shift the game back towards a more evolution friendly environment. Similar to the Level X mechanic but not as good since level X cards existed in a much, much slower environment.

Obviously, they failed horribly since the issue with evolution isn't that the cards aren't good enough, it's that evolution is too slow. There are maybe 2-3 actually viable BREAK cards, like 5 or 6 with solid meme potential and the rest are literally worthless. FOGP fixed the speed problem but only for grass types, which is why all of the good evolution decks are grass.
>>
>>32255023
>All off the good evolution decks are grass
I've been out of the loop for a few months, but isn't Greninja consistently top-tier?
>>
>>32255010
ahh. I didnt even notice that the ones who got the break obviosuly didnt have mega forms. which explains why some of them were weird to me.Like golduck break just seemed weird to give a pokemon lke golduck recognition but it makes sense now. ty
>>
>>32254944
Partly to give 'Megas' to things Game Freak didn't make Megas for.
Partly because introducing a new type of card and pretending it's game-changing is a good marketing technique (GX, BREAK, EX, Lv. X, ex, Delta, Shining, Prime, Star etc.)
>>
>>32255031
Not since rotation, specially because it cant snip nightmarchers.
>>
File: 279471.jpg (31KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
279471.jpg
31KB, 317x450px
You are at gamestop in 2009 and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass, what you do
>>
>>32255080
I could have sworn my cards from that era were way, way better than that.
>>
>>32255032
In fairness, Kangaskhan, Houndoom, Mawile, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Altaria, Lopunny and Audino were weird choices for megas.
>>
>>32255031
not any more nope. Pretty hard to stack a snipe on a 210-250HP GX card. Grass is running rampant. Item lock is back too and how. All of this adds up to a bad meta-state for Greninja.
>>
>>32255122
Not necessalrly better but you could use more techs because speed cards like juniper and vs seeker didnt exist. Hell shaymin is a reprint from that era.
>>
>>32255176
In fairness, that Garchomp's ability would always be fantastic. I guess it's just damage and HP scaling up.
>>
>>32255150
lmao aint that the fucking truth
>>
Who will succeed Shaymeme Ex as the new meme card post-rotation?

My guess is Memephy Ex. I gotta score some tradable ones while they're cheap.
>>
>>32255509
>not Top Lele
>>
>>32249356
Probably because it allows broken, unfair, braindead shit like that from drawing a single card.
>>
>>32253088
>A card creates a non interactive play environment.

Okay so Vileplume, Decidueye, FOGP, Float Stone, and Garbodor.

Where da bans at?
>>
>>32255701
>Float Stone, and Garbodor
Field Blower is right around the corner.
>>
Just won a match with Magikarp, just thought that was interesting
>>
>>32255887
Post game log
>>
>>32255896
shit, guess you won't believe me now. You'll just have to take my word; my opponent couldn't get any energy cards in the beginning or something so it wasn't all that hard
>>
>>32255701
You can't even compare item lock to shiftry donk. If Shiftry went first there was probably a 50% chance it just autowon the game on turn 1 with the opponent unable to make any counterplay.

The only shit I see like that these days is latios/decidueye in expanded and that deck is way, way less consistent at getting turn 1 wins.
>>
>>32255509
Pokemon that fit in multiple decks sell for more than specific
Manaphy is in every water deck other than Gyrados and Golduck, it'll rise by about 1.5x but still be easy enough to buy
>>32255524
>tin promo card
>>
>>32256017
Lele isn't in a tin, Bulu and Koko are.
>>
>>32256027
hello can I borrow 400 dollars
>>
>>32254776
>as well as no turns spent waiting to get all the right cards on the bench and evolved, which ruins the flow of the game
So back in Base Set- Chansey and Hitmonchan 'ruins the flow of the game' by being powerful basics?
What the fuck are you even trying to argue?
>>
>>32256161
Chansey was not powerful by any definition of the world.

The base cards people used were hitmonchan and electabuzz. Jungle gave us scyther and fossil iirc gave us magmar and ditto. The movie promo mewtwo was also used sometimes.

The only evolution decks anyone really ran before modified became a thing were wigglytuff and blastoise.
>>
>>32256161
>There are basics that are evolution pokemon that are 7/10 powerful - these are pokemon ex
>We think these cards ruin the flow of the game

>There are basics that are not evolution pokemon that are 4/10 powerful - eg chansey, hitmonchan
>You are supporting your "argument" by claiming that these cards are equivalent to pokemon ex

Anon, you're a fucking retard and you should try to form some actual support for your argument or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>32256363
>hitmonchan and sneasel weren't powerful
okay, whatever anon. Clearly you won't listen to reason, so I'm finished trying~
Read this Guy's Response: >>32256346 And realize that the game didn't always revolve around evolutions for 'balance' and that once upon a time Basics ran supreme, as well.

But again; you're probably too thick headed to even be open minded about the subject, so...
>>
>>32256411
They're not interested in listening to anything anyone has to say. They're right and everyone else is stupid for not agreeing with them. It's a waste of time talking to people like that.
>>
>>32254336
I concede everytime I see a lurantis. I know I can't beat it, but I don't want you to make your diary challenges
>>
>>32255976
shit, is latios meme a thing?
can I have a description on how do that shit goes?

I remember getting my ass beaten by it, but I don't remember what shit did he used, only having an EX-killer Lugia in first turn. I didn't have benched mons, so he did his shenannigans and won.

How does that fucking shit ass deck works?
>>
>>32255509

>Memephy EX
>Not Topu Meme GX

>>32256835

You basically lay down FoGP, get your Decidueye GXs out, use their Abilities, then hopefully flip heads on Super Scoop Ups, and do it all over again until the lone Defending Pokemon is in KO range of Fast Raid
>>
So I've been playing for a few months, chat being changed to canned is pretty lame, was wondering if you guys have a discord group or anything?
>>
>>32256411
>>32256595
>Dude hitmonlee and sceptile ex are practically the same!!!
>>
>>32255701
all these decks are beatable. you get to play. You could consistently lose to Shiftry without ever getting a turn unless you played some very specific cards in your own deck.
>>
>defending "decides-who-dies"-GX ever
>Lining the bench with DcdGX and dealing a free 80 damage per turn
>>
>>32254776
Games already go to time, you're advocating best-of-one matches.
>>
>>32255023
>which is why all of the good evolution decks are grass.
Is Vespiquen considered grass? It's really more of a mash-up.
>>
>>32255150
Kangaskhan, Houndoom, Slowbro, and Pidgeot are popular.
>>
File: 1477022301341.gif (142KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477022301341.gif
142KB, 300x200px
Sometimes the RNG works in your favour. I've faced five Darkrai decks in a row now and murdered every one with my Dugtrio meme.
>>
>Ilima in a Vileplume deck

Oh this is just so cruel, I love it. Instant concede if they flip tails, every time.
>>
File: zapdos-roaring-skies-ros-23.jpg (857KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
zapdos-roaring-skies-ros-23.jpg
857KB, 700x990px
>>32257201
I've been playing this meme for a while now, started with the idea that Dugtrio puts damage counters on your own cards, so paired it with Machamp & Tauros to stop people playing around Tauros.

I found this card that does 40 at once, so want to try build it with Tauros maybe? are there any other cards offhand that do damage to your own bench like that?
>>
>>32256859
You can also use muscle band and pluspowers out the asshole to boost fast raid damage, and a hypnotoxic can also help.
>>
>>32257319
3 energies too much, dugtrio is more reliable even being stage 1.
>>
>>32257076
the central attacker in it is grass, the other shit like zeb, zoroark, ect is just tech, if you don't need them for a matchup you want them in discard.
>>
>>32257353
true, that's why I'm asking for other options. If I have to do this, I guess I'll trial Vikavolt for giggles.
>>
>>32254118
you're thinking too inline with the games. EX basic card that is a evolution will not necessarily be more powerful than an evolution mon. Also EX cards give two prize cards which is huge. Non ex decks have a lot more breathing room to lose pokemon because of this and can utilized powerful stuff like teamates.
>>
Just finished buying all the theme decks for this rotation, AMA
Side note, should I waste my time buying roaring skies packs for the shaymeme when it may be rotated out soon or just start popping SM packs for some GXs I want?
>>
:^)

58. TeaBiskuit's Glaceon-EX used Crystal Ray and did 70 damage to Zubenhakrabi's Cosmog.
59. TeaBiskuit took a Prize card.
60. Lurantis-GX became Zubenhakrabi's new Active Pokémon.
61. Zubenhakrabi's Cosmog was Knocked Out.
62. It is now Zubenhakrabi's turn (Turn #5).
63. Zubenhakrabi drew a card.
64. Zubenhakrabi attached a Grass Energy to Lurantis-GX.
65. Zubenhakrabi played VS Seeker.
66. Zubenhakrabi played Professor Kukui.
67. Zubenhakrabi drew a card.
68. Zubenhakrabi drew a card.
69. Zubenhakrabi put Fomantis onto the Bench.
70. Zubenhakrabi's Lurantis-GX used its Chloroscythe GX attack.
71. It is now TeaBiskuit's turn (Turn #6).
72. TeaBiskuit drew Glaceon-EX.
73. TeaBiskuit attached a Water Energy to Manaphy-EX.

Game Log Output Ends Here
>>
>>32257495
I don't get it. Isn't Glaceon weak to steel?
>>
>>32257518
Glaceon becomes immune to evolution Pokemons' attacks after using Crystal Ray. He thought he was going to KO my glaceon with his GX move + kukui but he just wasted it. Then quit.
>>
>>32257547
Oh, I thought you were the Lurantis guy, got it.
>>
With Guardians Rising, what decks do you see rising in popularity?

First, Water Box potentially, with maybe a one off Regice, Glaceons, one Manaphy, Articuno, and Lapras GX.

Mega Mewtwo seems to be the safest play, as now you can safely run Tapu Lele with Wobbuffet out in front. Of course, you can always run more Float Stone and an Olympia

Yveltal EX may see more play thanks to Choice Band. Yveltak BKT is not dead completely; acts mainly as a easy Shaymin taker, combined with Choice Band gives you 90 to active and 60 to bench. As for Yveltal EX, we have maximum damage output.

What I'm most excited to talk about is Umbreon GX. With other Eevee evolutions, and choice band, you knock out all primary EX/GX in the format, leaving only Lapras and Glaceon a threat, but luckily you can get away with 1 Yveltal EX/BKT in there.

Field Blower in Gardevoir STS, Mega Rayquaza, and Volcanion is making these decks better alone, not to mention Rescue Stretcher. Tapu Lele GX is obligatory one of in every deck now.
>>
>>32257616

>Yveltal BKT
>Choice Band
>>
>>32257616
>Mega Mewtwo seems to be the safest play, as now you can safely run Tapu Lele with Wobbuffet out in front. Of course, you can always run more Float Stone and an Olympia
Altar of the Moon brah.
>>
three for three so far. more thanks to Tauros & Jolteon being so good than Zapdos at all, but kek at this deck kinda working.
>>
>>32257630
>Yveltal Garbodor
>Garbodor
>>
>>32257616
No deck will matter save Vileplume lock and its counters like Volcanion/Turt or overpowered decks like Darkrai that only need one turn to get going. Megas are already fucked and will remain fucked.
>>
>>32257643
Despite seeing how good this card is, I don't see much of it being used, unless Mewtwo decides not to play Parallel City. M Mewtwo needs Shrine of Memories to Damage Change, unless you want to play a different type of Mewtwo like Dark Mewtwo (Playtested, and barely works).

>>32257658
Almost every deck in top running Double/Triple Hex, Wobbuffet, and Garbodor. Vileplume decks can try and run Field Blower, especially on wobbuffet, where I can Field Blower your Vileplume's tool and stadium, then switch into something else that will just KO, giving item lock back to me.

Decidueye/Vileplume got too much hype and now it's suffering for it. Still hasn't made number 1 anywhere.
>>
>>32257553
>>32257547
>>32257495
Top Kek, just used glaceon to pwn a beedrill faggot.

>I have glaceon, shaymin on the bench, manaphy active
>Manage to pop a DCE on glaceon
>He kills my manaphy with his beedrill horde
>I put shaymin up, try to bluff my way out of him paying attention to glaceon, pop a water energy onto shaymin to distract him
>He takes a LONG time for his next turn, he is obviously reading glaceons card
>Attacks glaceon for 160 of her 170 HP (beedrill can attack the bench)
>Swap her with shaymin, put an energy on her and use crystal ray
>He kills shaymin from my bench
>Praying for a rough seas to come out, he could kill my glaceon with beedrills poison attack if he paid attention
>Kill his beedrill
>He pulls shenanigans to get the beedrill back onto his bench
>Ends his turn
>I draw rough seas, pop it down and heal glaceon, it's game over unless he's got more of his forest of giant plants
>Attacks me with a weedle for 10 and poisons me
>Heal
>He quits

Glaceon doesn't always get to shine, but damn does it feel good when she does.
>>
>>32257691
>Still hasn't made number 1 anywhere.
Didn't it take a European regional?
>>
>>32257710
p sure the only euro deck to win euro standard was Turbo Dark and Mega Ray
>>
>>32257691
Altar of the Moone, however, will be good in Solgaleo/Lurantis or Lunala, whether Ultra Road is being Blocked after you gx'd, Altar of the Sun helps you retreat. Or you can be that player and Ultra Road to stall for 15 seconds, then retreat for 15 seconds onto benched pokemon, then take another 15 seconds to declare attach, item plays, etc.
>>
>>32257739
Altar of the Moon will be good in any deck running dark or psychic energies which doesn't like being locked out of items by Vileplume.
>>
>>32257691
>Decidueye/Plume
>forgetting Trev Break/Plume will be a thing

>>32257721
Final Standings:

1. Pedro Eugenio Torres [ES] – Volcanion EX
2. Pablo Meza [MX] – Decidueye GX/Vileplume AOR
3. Kian Nakano [US] – Decidueye GX/Vileplume AOR
4. Jesper Eriksen [DK] – Turbo Darkrai EX
5. Javier Gamboa [CL] – Decidueye GX/Vileplume AOR
6. Gustavo Wada [BR] – Volcanion EX
7. Takuya Yoneda [JP] – Decidueye GX/Hoothoot BKT/Espeon EX/Mewtwo EVO/Trevenant EX
8. Alex Hill – Decidueye GX/Vileplume AOR

Most recent tournaments are being dominated by Vileplume. It's only going to get worse as he's getting another partner.
>>
>>32257756
As here >>32257691 mewtwo doesn't really need to worry about it. Plus, Retreating 2 Psychic goes well with Mega Turbo plays. I can see use in Umbreon GX and Turbo Dark especially. I'm hoping to see if Yveltal EX is dead or not.
>>
>>32257762
Trev Break won't be a thing. Noctowl wasn't a thing. Metagross Ancient Trait wasn't a thing. Trev Break, just because it can turn one, won't be a thing.

The only thing Grass Trevenant helps is Expanded, as now we have Trevgor making a wonderful return potentially.
>>
>>32257691
>Decidueye/Vileplume got too much hype and now it's suffering for it. Still hasn't made number 1 anywhere.

1st, 2nd and five more spots in the top 16 in the most recent major event.

http://thecharizardlounge.com/tournament-results/2016-2017-international-championship-results/#oceania
>>
>>32257782
>day 2
>1. Pedro Eugenio Torres [ES] – Volcanion EX
Winning means you get top 1 place, for both days.
>>
>>32257797
>owlplume can't win when i move the goalposts
Winning has ALWAYS meant topping day two.
>>
>>32257810
find a source where owlplume has taken the entire official tournament. I can admit that owlplume's hype just takes up a lot of space, but it hasn't taken entire tournaments.
>>
>>32257780
Did you notice it also does more damage than noctowl right?
>>
>>32257780
You're pretty stupid and ignorant of the current meta, aren't you? Noctowl sucked precisely because you couldn't get it turn one AND it was a 90 HP colorless. Trev has 120 HP, 160 on the break, and has the Nervous Seed tech to lock down big basics like Volcanion (who will be huge as Decidueye's only bad matchup) while you spread damage while item locking. If you can't see how this deck is cancer, then you're just an idiot.

>>32257797
You said Vileplume bombed and got proven wrong as it's dominating the current meta and only lost to Volcanion, its hard counter who otherwise can't function against less bullshit tier 1 decks like Darkrai.

>>32257817
>half the top decks are this deck
>the one deck that beat it is its exact counter played solely because this deck is everywhere
>hurrdurr this deck is a bomb and no good

Fucking idiot, but what else would I expect from here. You lot said the original Trev Break was "too slow" and not a threat as well. I also remember a lot of people here saying Primarina GX was overpowered and an easy tier 1.
>>
>opponent mulligans
>opponent mulligans
>Wait the timer out
>opponent mulligans
>Wait the timer out
>Repeat

Anyone else do this? I just go and do something like Play Pkmn Sun, do some studying, or watch a tv show. If everyone did this to people who use decks that Mulligan 5-10 times, they'd fucking stop.
>>
>>32257825
Wouldn't count its luck though. We have things like Flareon for stage 1s, and Volcanion. If that isn't enough, people are running multiple Hex copies, and decks running Wobbuffet for easy no abilities. Hand Control shouldn't necessarily be an issue unless you completely just brick. A Hex, and removing your hand essentially is the key. Opponent can only play N against you to stop this hand control. Volcanion is coming back thanks to Field Blower stopping full on Garbodor lock from almost every deck in the format.

>>32257837
>implying I said Decidueye/Vileplume is not cancer
Nah, the deck is clearly overrated.
>what else should I expect from here
Apparently every good, viable deck is cancer. Turbo Dark is one of the best decks in the format, and has proven its worth. If you don't like Item Lock, just play Rayquaza with maximum hoopa outage
>but muh spirit link
>implying you MUST have spirit link to win a game
>but going second
just run a lot of hoopa. M Ray decks are probably the second best at beating Item lock as their trainer count is actually pretty low, can set up bench without having to ultra ball anything. M Ray can usually get away with sycamoring a good hand for damage output. Plus, there isn't any prevelant pokemon weak to grass and can get one shot by a 30x attacker. Mega decks can usually get away with Mega Evolving without spirit link and still taking games.
>>
File: received_10213094778104295.png (167KB, 359x749px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213094778104295.png
167KB, 359x749px
God damn, I'm good.
>>
File: 1466998983184.jpg (208KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1466998983184.jpg
208KB, 728x546px
>>32257950
>wins since last edit: 40
>played since last edit: 21
>>
>get the 5 Sun Moon booster packs VS reward after grinding all night.
>Get fucking nothing
Someone please share this feel with me.

Should I go for Giovanni tomorrow? Gotta pull 33 more wins to get him...
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-06+at+01.57.39).jpg (225KB, 902x681px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-06+at+01.57.39).jpg
225KB, 902x681px
>opponent has clear shot at winning instantly
>decides to be stupid instead
>they win anyway
>>
>>32258250
Giovanni is poor man's Kukui
>>
That TeamFishKnuckles commentator is the most annoying piece of shit I've ever heard. If his nasal voice wasn't bad enough, he says "ok" every other fucking sentence.
>>
>>32258268
Can you please describe what's happening?

>>32258378
Isn't having 4 Kukui andI4 Giovanni the next best thing to having 8 Kukui?
>>
What's a good double TaurosGX deck? I'm thinking of doing
>2Bull
>1GaryEx
>1GlalieEx
>1MGlalieEx

(It would probably be two of each but I don't have the cards for that.)

Then fill the rest of the deck with the standard trainers and energy.

Even still, in this deck concept, the bulls are supplementary. Anyone have insight for a deck centered on Tauros?
>>
>>32257797
Fuck, I wasn't looking at the list I thought I was whoops.
>>
>>32257853
wow, you're that guy. What a dick.
>>
>>32258648
You only get one GX attack per game, so basing the whole deck around just Tauros is a bad idea. Having only one big swing is why he's an add-on to other decks and never the centrepiece. Once you use it up, your opponent is pretty much free to attack you at will which defeats the purpose of the card.
>>
>>32258648
Tauros is good for Ninja Boy tactics. Opponents get majorly salty to find out you let them damage you to throw in Mad GX for 30x
>>
Been playing ptcgo since like 2012, but I might quit until next rotation. Vileplume is such fucking cancer. At least with Vileplume/Vespiquen the other player had a decent chance of losing themselves the game unless they were actually good. Any idiot can pilot Decidueye and Lurantis, who are tanky enough and do enough damage to avoid the fluky losses that haunted old Vileplume.
>>
>>32253088
Wasn't LTC banned because it caused IRL tournaments to drag on forever? (Ie. people tossing out their entire deck into the discard and then shuffling it back right in, repeat ad infinitum)
>>
>>32261127

Yes, that also has the side effect of removing a win condition (running out of cards in your deck)
>>
File: IMG_0428.png (19KB, 136x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.png
19KB, 136x342px
I want to _________ Penelope!
>>
>>32262412
rape
>>
I've got 50 SunMoon packs that I don't know what to do with.

Should I trade them to build some meta deck?
>>
>>32262412
Will we ever get any good R34 of these terribly-designed semen demons?
>>
>>32262495
Open them and post your rare pulls. Do it for the epic wins.
>>
>>32262559
Ehh I don't know, I've been told never to open tradable packs.

Got most of the codes from a booster box and best pull was full art Gumshoos
>>
>>32262594
You'll probably get most of your trade value back. At least do some. This general is boring without you!
>>
>>32262714
I've got some breakpoints a few random packs I'll open
>>
File: 1486189271232.gif (965KB, 359x279px) Image search: [Google]
1486189271232.gif
965KB, 359x279px
>>32262540
Comission them if you are so great.
>>
>>32262594
Build water box or decidueye, alternatively wait to trade them for either tapu lele gx or guardians rising
>>
File: Untitled(1).png (174KB, 287x383px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled(1).png
174KB, 287x383px
1/2
>>
File: Untitled(2).png (171KB, 286x382px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled(2).png
171KB, 286x382px
2/2

Out of about 15 packs
>>
These are not SM packs anon.
>>
Which packs are rare candies in?
>>
>>32263150
Nvm, I realised that when I was checking the card previews I didn't open the Trainer tab.

It's Primal Clash btw.
>>
Fuck this RaticatexAriados deck. It's fucking everywhere now and nearly impossible to counter without luck.
>>
>>32263222
Or a grass mon? This deck wasnt notable before, is it just an online thing?
>>
>>32263222
that meme is old as fuck 2bh and not even good. Raticate BREAK is a stage 2 effectively and if you're talking the expanded version, there are FAR more disgusting memes to deal with in expanded.
>>
Putting solgaleogx+lunalagx up on trade for ShayminEx, let's see if I get lucky.

>>32263406
I just can't really counter it with my main deck that I can counter most memes with.
>>
it's just a meme. like the old Doublade/Ariados with trick coin. Which an return when that Victini drops and finally hurt grass too thanks to Poison Barb.
>>
>>32263515
more like let's see if someone is stupid. A trade that bad would never happen.
>>
File: C8ntimpXgAAhodz.jpg (29KB, 690x300px) Image search: [Google]
C8ntimpXgAAhodz.jpg
29KB, 690x300px
Is Fug a good deck? How does it fair against the other ones in the meta?
>>
>>32263150
Sun and Moon
>>
>>32263764
Rainbow road is probably better.
>>
>>32263764
I don't play it, but I've had dozens of opponents conceding once I play parallel city.

Of course, not everyone plays that, but you never know who does and when timed correctly, there's no way to recover from it. Losing because of a single card is very frustrating, that's why I myself have never considering playing this or Rainbow Road.
>>
>>32263764
it's kind of hit or miss, rainbow road is a little more consistent and offers the same style of play. And it's also way cheaper to build/run.
>>
File: unnamed.png (22KB, 167x407px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
22KB, 167x407px
>>32262412
I'd rather _______ Logan instead.
>>
>>32264062
finger
>>
What should I do with my coins?
>>
>>32264104
Buy clothes for ur avatar XD
>>
>>32258862
Found the mulligan shitter
>>
Wish you could choose for the opponent's face not to be shown. I don't want to see NON-WHITES in my Pocket Monsters trading card game!!!!
>>
File: Mick.png (20KB, 116x370px) Image search: [Google]
Mick.png
20KB, 116x370px
>>32264174
You enjoy your dark-eyed foreigners.
>>
>>32264174
Its never statisfying to climb the vs ladder and only beat the shit out of brown kids.
>>
I have a theory: The reason the avatars are so ugly is that they can't outshine the art of the cards.

Not only that, but they also create such a contrast that anything would look better in comparison.
>>
>>32264174
Me too, anon. I'm just like you, I love to sit on black dicks IRL, but the game is not appropriate for that.
>>
Literally who cares to avatars theyre fine as it is. Do you keep aattention at men balls when watching straight porn?
>>
>>32264256
As a matter of fact, I do.

Nobody said you have to choose what to look at, you can look at everything you want.
>>
I think the avatars are quite ugly so I use the pumpkin face
>>
File: 1491177372486.jpg (59KB, 557x556px) Image search: [Google]
1491177372486.jpg
59KB, 557x556px
>>32263222
Only good in expanded, raticate break is basically no rare candy stage 2, in expanded it's a very good reliable deck with quite a few bad matchups, good meme deck

I also thought I was the only one who ran it
>>
>>32262412
I would love to see a sugimori style of this beetch
>>
Question about deck-searching cards like Ultra Ball, Max Elixir, Trainers' Mail, etc
Can you choose not to use their effects after you play them? Like can you play Ultra Ball and then not add a Pokemon even though you have targets in your deck?
>>
>>32264104
Anyone?

>>32264591
Yes you can, the only exception being searching any card in your deck, which could be failed if you effectively have no cards in your deck.
>>
File: what the fug is this.png (301KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug is this.png
301KB, 1000x1000px
>>32264591
Yes, cards that let you "search" for something in the deck are allowed to fail. Even if you have looked through your deck before, the deck is still not considered public knowledge, so searches are allowed to fail since you can't say for sure that a card isn't in the deck using just public knowledge.

The hand is also not public knowledge, which is why you can use Exeggcute's Propagation ability as many times as you want during your turn, despite the ability saying that you only can use it once. Using just public knowledge, you can't say for sure that an Exeggcute picked up this turn is the same as the one discarded right after, even if you (theoretically) were to only have an Exeggcute you just picked up in your hand.

But the playfield and discard pile are both public knowledge, which means that you can't do things that have no effect there. For example, you can't play Energy Switch when you have no Energy attached to any of your Pokémon, since you already know it'll do nothing.

This has been an accidental PTCG lesson about knowledge. Stay wise, FUGlings.
>>
>>32264815
>Using just public knowledge, you can't say for sure that an Exeggcute picked up this turn is the same as the one discarded right after, even if you (theoretically) were to only have an Exeggcute you just picked up in your hand.
Meanwhile a Yugioh card got banned and errata'd for this exact reason in 2003. As far as I know, YGO is still the only TCG where you not only aren't you allowed to fail an effect, you actively get penalized if you activate an effect and realize afterwards you couldn't properly resolve it
>>
>>32264153
show me a deck that doesn't mulligan once in a while and I'll show you a shittily constructed deck.
>>
>>32264104
Theme decks are shit don't bother. They will just clutter your deck collection. People will say to save for a shop special that is ungettable elsewhere but fuck that, hasn't been a worthwhile one of those in about ten months. Maybe keep a 1000 buffer for the likes of this weeks sleeves if you are into cosmetics.

Best bet is to save em up for Guardians Rising to drop. Blow em all on packs Day 1, then you will know what you still need to trade for afterwards from your own wishlist for the set. Grind tradable packs via tourneys/stock market/just buy codes to secure these cards. Start saving coin for the next set and rinse and repeat.

Although by the sound of it you are pretty new to the client so you may want to do this for your wishlists from older sets too.
>>
Anyone else lose their mind with anxiety doing tournaments?
>>
>>32264620
Anon, if you don't know what to do with them, just save them.

Guardians is just around the corner, you might just spend everything in untradable packs since that will end up being the cheapest way to get Lele
>>
File: IMG_0460.png (41KB, 356x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.png
41KB, 356x900px
>>32262412
Replace!

With the hot professah.
>>
>>32264927
Seek a doctor
>>
>>32264866
Yugioh seems a little convoluted when it comes to this kind of rule. The cards in the graveyard keep track of a lot of information that you just have to know. If, say, a Synchro was properly synchro summoned or not and it's there, it makes difference. Which monsters were used to summon another may change its effects permanently. And there is no marker, no special pile, you just have to remember half of the game state that is stored as "invisible data" in each card.

In this regard, Pokémon is very straight forward. Aside from things like Hex Maniac (which only lasts one turn anyway) every information in the game is clear and easy to access.
>>
>>32264927
When I get to the finals, yes
>>
>>32265057
I just lost at finals due to a mistake I made because I panicked a bit. Could have left my setup as it was and taken a couple hits from his Mon, but I switched out and from there he had me beat.

I got two steam siege packs along with my two SM though, and I opened them and got a luminous blade Gardevoir EX and Xerneas BREAK.
>>
Are there any cards that prevent the opponent from switching your benched and active mons?
>>
>>32265186
Item lock prevents switch and escape rope, hex prevents zoroark/keldeo, some attacks do it and olympia cant be countered in standart. What exactly you need for
>>
>>32265196
I'm tired of Shaymin and Manaphy being bullied!
>>
File: howww.png (660KB, 840x508px) Image search: [Google]
howww.png
660KB, 840x508px
>>32246388

anons how to do this deck?
>>
>>32265351

raticate is better in this deck than talonflame or shaymin
>>
>>32265351
By not trying to play ten decks at once.
>>
File: 1487202108079.png (399KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487202108079.png
399KB, 460x640px
>>32265351
Jesus christ make up your mind on what you want to play.
>>
Just got 4SM rare candies for 1 SM pack, I'm fairly certain that I got more than I paid for in that trade yeah?

Should I put them back up at 2 for one SM?
>>
>>32265435

I want play incineroar break
>>32265390
you are noob in this cardgame... [ I'm trying to find good deck balance in this strategy]
>>
File: Capture+_2017-03-29-02-36-40.png (34KB, 141x157px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-29-02-36-40.png
34KB, 141x157px
>>32265464
>"incineroar break"
>"you are noob"
>>
>>32265472

because this is good combo, and it's fast with raticate and full bench the only problem is draw
>>
>>32265527
The deck is perfect the way it is, I have a very similar one. You must just be having bad luck with your draws.
>>
>>32265538

it's cannot be perfect because it's unfinished
>>
>>32265561

the strategy is simple; turn one; wally, turn two brigette and evil orders for needed cards
>>
>>32265561
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Sapphire Seels, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Team Skull, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in gorilla gameplay and I’m the top sniper in the entire US Pokémon Trading Card Game League. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across theUSAand your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little things you call your Pokémon cards. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Bewear. Not only am I extensively trained in plume-locked strategies, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Sun & Moon Series card set and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable deck off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>32265636

could you just write the same but shorter?
>>
File: idk.png (391KB, 1592x509px) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
391KB, 1592x509px
Are these fair trades? I went off of the OP link but nobody's biting. Is it just the time of night?
>>
File: doro.png (963KB, 947x676px) Image search: [Google]
doro.png
963KB, 947x676px
>>32265576

I guess it's working... but maybe could be faster with SM 2 & SM 3 set
>>
>>32265680

flareon is treating all stage 2 mons as fire mons so tapu koko
>>
>>32265783

stage*
>>
Hey guys Im going stop playing online so I gave some packs and cards already away for free. I still have some leftovers so just send a friend request to scizor218 and I try to help out you guys too! Mostly just EX cards left by now.
>>
I need two "Float On" Feebas... Can someone hook me up?
>>
>>32266063
I can help you out. How do you wanna do it? Public or private trade?
>>
>>32266138
Thank you, private please. Teabiskuit is my in-game name.
>>
How many packs can I trade spare SM Rare Candies for?
>>
File: Tsareena-GX-Pokemon-Festa-Promo.jpg (597KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
Tsareena-GX-Pokemon-Festa-Promo.jpg
597KB, 600x838px
Tsareena-GX – Grass – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Steenee

[G] Glare: Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with their Active Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[G][C][C] Rolling Sabot: 90+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Confused, this attack does 90 more damage.

[G][G][C] Queen Command GX: Your opponent discards 4 cards from their hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
>>
>>32266578
Thanks for the translation. Basically "if you don't have float stone, you're fucked". Actually this card is perfect for dealing with Tauros GX.

I am so not looking forward to these new cards, they're all so OP.
>>
>>32266596
For what it's worth, it's GX attack can't be used with a DCE while it's main attack can, so it's attack costs are kind of awkward.
>>
>>32266578
First attack: Malamar
I'm thinking about pairing this with Gothic Fear Haunter for the confusion, and maybe have some lurantis at the bench for +20 damage.
>>
File: acerola FA.png (417KB, 357x475px) Image search: [Google]
acerola FA.png
417KB, 357x475px
Cute!

Also, Karen and Delinquent reprints in best of XY.
>>
>>32266984
Translation?
>>
File: acerola.png (547KB, 616x419px) Image search: [Google]
acerola.png
547KB, 616x419px
>>32267043
No idea. I just look at the video and see if there's anything that gives hints. The effect could be similar to AZ.
>>
>>32266578
Meme this, chaos tower and gothic fear haunter

>>32266626
yeah it's a little awkward but I imagine you'll just want to have a spare grass energy in the hand to drop when you want to use it.

Combine this attack and delinquent and you can take a full 7 card hand to 0. Plus you can include some baby Tsareena in the deck to tactical handsnipes. And of course a TSG in case you see any energy in their hand when sniping. It'll be kind of a janky deck but fun as hell when it works.
>>
File: pokemonexubbi1.jpg (146KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonexubbi1.jpg
146KB, 1224x1584px
anyone else agree that Gen 3 (aka EX series) was way better than any other era of the TCG?

up until Holon Engine where they kinda started fucking up, the game was fucking flawless.

so many cards were viable and "broken" cards like Pidgeot weren't "retarded broken" or "if you don't run this you're screwed".
sets with dozens of playable cards like pic related, but in a way that doesn't render older cards obsolete.
ex Pokemon were not be all and all with tons of non ex decks doing very well.
evolution was not only encouraged but completely viable, with successful decks that ran two different stage 2 lines.
variety in successful decks especially back with FRLG was huge.
power creep was barely evident throughout the EX run (the 4 years from RS to Power Keepers)

it's weird that I don't see much nostalgiafagging about it because imo the TCG has never been that good before or after.
>>
>>32267043
AZ a Pokémon that has damage on it.

And any cards attached to it.
>>
>>32267315
>AZ standard legal again

Koko decks got that much better. Unless you OHKO it it will just be cycled out and Acerola'd the next turn.
>>
>>32267248
I believe it's because PTCG was at its lowest point of popularity during that era, thus not many people here played it. I mean, there is a reason the gen 3 ex/Star Pokemon are so expensive compared to the rest.
>>
>>32267248
Nobody played in that era because the Neo-Aquapolis era of the meta was so fucking horrendous that it scared off most of the playerbase. I'd say that base-neo rev and bw base-present have the biggest playerbases.
>>
New player here, what theme deck should I buy as second deck after the Incineroar one? Or should I start going for packs?
>>
>opponent hits every fucking heads on four hammers
>team flare grunts me twice too
>Brock
>he concedes
>>
>>32267181
I like the sound of Tsareena/Tsareena-GX. Similar build to Vikavolt/Vikavolt-GX. Neither will be competitive, but I like that GX cards are allowing for this type of thing. Gengar-GX when?
>>
>>32267864
Get out of theme as soon as you can manage to and start building for standard. Even a shitty standard deck is better than being stuck playing theme.
>>
File: IMG_20170407_224523.jpg (635KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_224523.jpg
635KB, 2560x1920px
Hello /VP/
>>
>>32268020
Isn't it better to get two or three decks at the beginning though to get some cards?
>>
>>32268093
Incineroar, Decidueye, etc are not good in standard.
>>
>>32268107
What about Regice and stuff from the older decks?
>>
>>32268111
Yeah, if there's a deck that has regiice, that's a good idea.
>>
>>32268111
If you have things you really want that are in theme decks (Regice, Zoroark, etc.), then sure, go ahead and buy a couple copies.
>>
>>32266984
Bless Megumi mizutami.
>>
>>32268111
maybe? If you've nothing better to spend your coins on. You could trade one pack for four Regice though so shrug.
>>
File: IMG_0463.jpg (76KB, 559x1032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.jpg
76KB, 559x1032px
>>32262412
Psssh. Posting superior grill
>>
>>32266984
Upcoming ban when
>>
>>32268313
nothing personnel kid
>>
>>32268313
Die barneyfag!
>>
it's still the third go, no-one's taken a prize yet, my clock is still in 22 and I have time to screencap this and come over here for a cat.
What the actual fuck is he doing taking 45 seconds between every play? I refuse to conceed to this shitty tactic.
>>
>>32268781
Stoop screenscapping people names manchild. Think they will move on because of your post?
>>
>>32268781
many hours later.
>>
>>32268791
what actual difference does it make? Fair warning for anyone else who comes up against this shitstain so they can choose to quit early and save themselves the hassle, or play to the death.
>>
>>32268781
>losing to Dan

lel
>>
>>32268781
Cut him some slack he's probably streaming and reading chat and shit.
>>
File: received_10213117382069380.png (303KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213117382069380.png
303KB, 1024x781px
:^ )
>>
>>32268967
I have several questions about those numbers.
>>
>>32265527
You're having problems with draw because of your over use of Pokemon dumbass.

Take out megaray find a better sub attacker.

>no Ns
>only one ball in the entire deck
>no torracats and only two rare candies

Actually you might be trolling but I typed this shit all out so I'm posting anyway.
>>
>>32268989
;^)
>>
Where do I report malfunctioning cards?

>GlaceonEx's Crystal Ray attack: "During your next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon from Evolution Pokémon.
>Shrine of Memories stadium card allows you to use attacks from any of the lesser stage pokemon attached to your evolution pokemon
>If an evolution pokemon uses a Basic Pokemon's attack using shrine of memories, then Glaceons effect is negated
No matter what the origin of the attack, the attack is being performed from an evolution pokemon.
>>
>lapras gx uses blizzard burn
>he has another lapras gx that's close to death on the bench
>I lysandre to the almost ded lapras gx and kill it
>in comes from the bench the lapras that used blizzard burn
>uses blizzard burn again
Am i retarded and that resets once a pokemon goes on the bench or is that a bug?
>>
>>32269188
when a pokemon switches out, all temporary modifiers on it (special conditions, effects from attacks) are removed.

That's why you can do rope tricks to deal with Jolteon/Glaceon ray locks.
>>
>>32269188
going to bench resets that type of thing, even if it comes straight back out somehow. Same way evolving a pokemon means it's no longer the same pokemon.
>>
>>32269115
What attack was it?
>>
>>32269354
That 110 damage attack I think it's called psyburn
>>
>>32269728
Thought you were talking about damage exchange, its a bug then.
>>
>>32269761
I've actually seen damage exchange not work against regiice. Should damage exchange work on glaceon and not regiice?
>>
>>32269793
Yes because regice says "all effects of attacks" and damage counters are one.
>>
>>32269822
Ohh, I see. I should have stuck it out with that Mewtwo then, would have had a chance to second bite him for the death blow, but then he'd probably kill me with the next mon anyway.
>>
Latios donk don't fail me now
>>
Latios Donk failed me. Miserably.
>>
File: 1465770312716.jpg (260KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1465770312716.jpg
260KB, 449x1197px
>>32270555
>>32270792
>>
New thread
>>32270826
>>32270826
>>32270826
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.