[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SM really as bad as BW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 24

File: 1489777746810.jpg (96KB, 571x567px) Image search: [Google]
1489777746810.jpg
96KB, 571x567px
Is SM really as bad as BW?
>>
>>32228825
Go ask the ashime thread dumbass
>>
Nope. Just butthurt Kalosfags. Easily the best series in years.
>>
File: mjgc8dzrwdk2lwqawjam.jpg (45KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
mjgc8dzrwdk2lwqawjam.jpg
45KB, 620x470px
>>32228825
no.
it's worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1179x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1179x675px
REMINDER
>>
>>32228836
How can one man be so wrong?
>>
File: barabait.png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
barabait.png
36KB, 250x250px
Defend this Barafags

That's right you can't
>>
>>32228825
Worse. BW tried and failed, but at least it tried. SM isn't even attempting to tell a decent story.
>>
>>32228825
haven't seen BW, but so far, it's just a little too tryhard on the slapstick.
It's ok enough as to watch if you have nothing better to do.
>>
>>32228856
It's already building up a story about the tapus

XY didn't have any story nor even buildup until episode 94, it was just filler and battles
>>
File: comedy relief owl.png (722KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
comedy relief owl.png
722KB, 1200x675px
Reminder
>>
>>32228866
It was character development leading up to the climax of the series while the story stuff was handled in side material before being integrated in to the series, allowing an almost nonstop story train with little filler once it finally did.

It was a genius way of handling it.
>>
>>32228884
>>
>>32228825
The ashnime sucks in general.
>>
>>32228856
>Implying pokemon have decent stories
>>
>>32228825
At the very least it's the best looking Pokemon anime.
>>
>>32228884

It had gym battles, rival battles, tournaments, several Team Rocket arcs... you know, "story." SM may get around to a story eventually, but it sure hasn't yet, and it hasn't even bothered to try. So far it's been straight filler, without even the benefit of the usual "adventure" framing to give it some structure.
>>
>>32228902
Huh. You spelled "worst" so wrong it says "best." How strange. I do agree with you that it's the worst-looking season, though.
>>
>>32228909
The anime needs to die.
>>
>>32228825
No, is the better anime since the Os series.
Xy/Z was a mistake, his only purpose was create a fucking pile of amour/shonen fags who don't understand anything about Pokémon, even the dp fags in the BW era were more tolerable.
>>
>>32228929
>BW era
>Tolerable
Anon...
>>
The anime has always sucked, I don't know why you guys are surprised about it.
>>
>>32228909
>It had gym battles
Too bad that's the game's fault for not having gyms, so we are stuck with trials and kahunas instead
>rival battles
Ash's first rival battle was in episode 39 and that was a minor rival
He didn't get a real rival until episode 73. SM still has time to introduce a rival. Tapu Koko already showed interest into some other trainer that hasn't been introduced yet, he might be Ash's rival
>several Team Rocket arcs
You mean in BW? because Team Rocket didn't do anything in XY until XY&Z
>So far it's been straight filler
it's only had 4 filler episodes so far
4 out of 19 episodes isn't so bad
>>
>>32228939
That's one of the best animated scenes from the intro morom.
Sorry if you can't understand anything because your only animes was DBZ and pokémon.
Go with your godly XY animation with those hyper-bright backgrounds and those compacted characters.
>>
>>32228825
It's worst. There is literally nothing going on.
>>
>>32228953
>it's only had 4 filler episodes so far
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32228966
You need to kill yourself because i know that you didn't watch more chapters than the first two.
>>
>>32228953
Yes, I'm comparing to BW. I'd be fine if they were following the trial structure from the games, but they're barely doing that. It's the school setting that I think is suppressing the story. If it was a traditional "Ash travels around Alola and does trials," that could be pretty good. But keeping it in one location and changing the game characters to classmates really derails the adventure aspect of the series.
>>
>>32228909
Gym Battles aren't really "story", outside of maybe DP. They're just checkpoints, which every series has. Even SM.
>>
>>32228978
If they do that, the season will end quickly. Plus, what would happen if he did beat them all?
>>
>>32228978
At least now they haven't those COT in every fucking episode because muh adventure and muh character with problems etc
>>
comedy relief owl.png
722KB, 1200x675px
remminder
>>
>>32228978
>if they did the same stale thing they've done for 20 years again it'd be fine
I guess you can't fault the people who are autistic enough to watch every episode of the show for being consistent, at least.

In truth I see little substantive difference in Ash helping random passerby Pokemon in this region and any other region, other than that instead of saying "i'm aiming to be the champion of x league" when he introduces himself, this time he says "I'm goin' to school".
>>
>>32228825
Notice how each SM focus episode for the Trial Captains have extremely boring concepts and the writers have to add in something more exciting to get the viewers into it.

Lana = Team Rocket
Kiawe = Team Skull
Mallow - Bounsweet Evolution
Sophocles = Tapu Koko battle

That's why in the previews that's all the fucking focus on. Because otherwise there wouldn't be anything to get the viewers interested. That's why that one anon can claim that there are only few filler episodes when almost every one of these episodes have been filler disguised as something important
>>
>>32228966
episodes 5, 6, 11 and 16
if episodes where the character's family and goals are introduced are not considered filler, then only episodes 6 and 16 are filler
>>
>>32229040
Well, it's something. In any other season, the alternative would be episodes about helping some filler character with their Pokemon.
>>
>>32228886
Comedy relief fag is so Into his delusional meme that he had to do it twice.
>>32229017
>>
>>32229080
A lot of them would actually be enjoyable. You don't have to mask a filler episode as something that it's not. Having the viewers slog through the boring shit to get to the interesting stuff is bad
>>
comedy relief owl.png
722KB, 1200x675px
>>32229104
Reminder?
>>
>>32229040
>filler disguised as something important
Frankly that sounds just like the show in general to me. Even when the show tries to have "plot arcs" it's the most basic shit imaginable and there's basically never any real plot twists or an actual plan- it's obvious they make a ton of it up as they go along, so there's never any real plot points to dole out. Most of the stuff that went into Lysandre's plan, for example, was never foreshadowing or any kind of smart writing. They needed to shill ORAS, so they worked something about visiting Hoenn and meeting Rayquaza into it, for example. Those episodes could be removed and it wouldn't affect anything.

Just say SM's boring if you think that. I always found it dumb for people to be complaining about "nothing going on" in the fucking Pokemon anime of all things. If that was an issue you wouldn't watch the show to begin with.
>>
>>32228850

>liking that awful Kalos series with forced Pokemon and forced Ash

I never knew shit tastes like this could exist
>>
>>32229111
No, man. Pokemon fillers fucking suck.
>>
>>32229069
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32228825
If that Little rowlet doesn't evolve fully, i'm done with the this Anime, I'll wait untill the second season to see if rowlet evolves, because the first season is supposed to be nothing but filler, gags, and fun moments. I'll wait until it gets more serious.
>>
>>32228825
the Pokemon anime has lost its touch after Johto or Hoenn. It's nothing but super-magical-power moves that can be activated by muh trust and friendship bullshit, Mega evolution, edgy shit amd awfully designed Pokemon GF and TV Tokyo made to suck up money from autistic fags who will think anything they come up with is awesome. Pokemon in the anime has lost all its meaning. Kalos is even worse, stripping the main character of his personality to make him look cool with OP Pokemon he didnt even bother to train. Then you have the forced Serena who wouldnt shut up about ash and contests, the little blonde girl and her annoying brother too. TR was just as retarded as they are now, and not the funny kind either despite being comedy reliefs. Nothing can save the anime. Once it took that turn, there was no going back. Only faggots and autists still watch this retarded shit.
>>
>>32228825
>comedy relief owl pushed to the back for pikaclone and pikachu
>everyone but Lillie gets a z-ring
>>
>>32229117
>Those episodes could be removed and it wouldn't affect anything.
The Megalith came from Hoenn anon. It was Rayquaza's Mega Stone. If they had removed it the whole Mega-Zygarde thing wouldn't have existed.
>>
>>32228825
It's better than Kalos, but still not good
>>
>>32229205
Come on man I really hope you got what I was saying because it isn't that complicated. Think about how it comes about from a writer's perspective. The show probably would've played out the same way with some other magic Mega Energy McGuffin (or even without one). The show is one long excuse for itself whether you enjoy it or not.
>>
Pokemon is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive memeface and slapstick faggotry and FRIENDSHIP. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The classmates all trying their hardest to look cool, the pokemon's moves, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole trainer faggotry and everything about the Pokemon world fuels their escapist fantasies, while Team Rocket trying to catch Pikachu every fucking episodes, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Pokemon anime is basically THE series to attract the most hated pokemon fanbase known to /vp/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Pokemon anime threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>32229186
Why do you post on a /vp/ thread?? I never understood this class of people.
>>
>>32228896
This, every season is a carbon copy of the previous ones
>>
>>32229117
>I always found it dumb for people to be complaining about "nothing going on" in the fucking Pokemon anime of all things.
Well there isn't anything going on. All that's happening is Ash going to school and training to use Z-Moves. There hasn't been a mention of the Island Challenge since Ash fought Hala 3 months ago. Not even the Narrator has brought it up. At least in previous series, the fucking Narrator would mention Ash's progress in the intro or where he is going next. We don't even know when they will leave for Akala, because the next month of episodes is still shenanigans in Melemele even though the Kahuna battle already happened more than 10 episodes ago.

There is nothing to look forward to right now. It's boring, it's dull, and at least in the previous series, there was multiple things to keep viewers interested in besides a Wild Pokemon that has a connection with Ash that we all know will be caught sooner or later.
>>
>>32229231
You are describing all the fucking commercial animes.
At least Pokémon is better than other of this class, Yu gi Oh for example, this anime is the worst attemp of Shonen who i never seen before.
>>
File: Truly_the_EVA_of_our_time.jpg (218KB, 1062x568px) Image search: [Google]
Truly_the_EVA_of_our_time.jpg
218KB, 1062x568px
SM is a masterpiece, I feel I can safely say, a milestone in the Pokemon Anime history. Much like OS, SM brings new light and brilliance to something we didn't know could exist. It brings pure comfyness and comedy and an excellent array of characters to keep you hooked.

What's so good about it you ask? Why's this anime good enough to be deemed a milestone. It's simple. Ash's personality. His character posses such a strong charisma that you can't help but feel attracted and entertained by him. Lana, Mallow and Lillie along side him complete an incredibly well written group.

Enough rambling, the story is awesome. Don't worry about the ratings though, that makes the anime more interesting.

The Animation is top notch. There's one episode where a particular character is walking and the legs move perfectly. Beautiful fight scenes (though these are short and infrequent) too.

The sound/music is pretty decent, with the opening and ending pretty catchy. Nothing amazing though.

I only gave the characters a 9/10 because there still isn't enough information given about everyone to really get to know the character. But, Lillie is probably the most better written character of all times (Yes, I'm not kidding).

10/10 for enjoyment, without a doubt.

If you haven't picked this series up, do it now. It's one of those "must sees" and you will not regret it.
>>
>>32229265
>At least in previous series, the fucking Narrator would mention Ash's progress in the intro or where he is going next.
But what I'm saying is that that's a dumb thing to get worked up over when in truth, the only tangible difference it makes in most episodes is that the narrator will introduce the episode with "On the way to the Kalos League and becoming a Pokemon Master, today Ash and friends..." Most episodes actually have fuckall to actually do with that outside of 2 or 3 lines of dialogue.

It's basically saying they could add "while planning for his eventual journey out to his island challenge..." in the front of the episodes in SM and apparently that would fix things. I guess it would go a ways to explaining why some people actually think XY was brilliantly plotted or something.
>>
File: 1491090282443.png (999KB, 1116x838px) Image search: [Google]
1491090282443.png
999KB, 1116x838px
>Thinking this is an acceptable style past 1980.
>>
File: smug short-hair shoko.jpg (83KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug short-hair shoko.jpg
83KB, 417x600px
>>32229404
>still thinking your views on women are okay after 1880
>>
>>32229231
This can be said of many animes/cartoons that exist to push their franchises and sell toys/games.

In any case, I don't think enjoying the anime is a bad thing. Just don't take it too seriously, like you're supposed to, specially if you're an adult still watching it. I enjoy the stupid slapstick and most of the filler, but I never forget that at the end of the day what I'm into is stupid slapstick and filler.
>>
>>32229442
>Thinking the regressive state women are in is sustainable.
>>
>>32228886
Wasn't Turtwig comedy relief too until it evolved?
Didn't stop it from being a jobber when it fully evolved, though
>>
>>32229267
>>32229476
I knew /vp/ drew in a shit ton of newcancer from leddit when SM came out, but this takes the cake.
>>
File: 1491034143981.png (713KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491034143981.png
713KB, 960x540px
>>32229494
See >>32229442.
>>>/pol/
>>
SM is a better comedy cartoon than XY was an action series, so it wins by default frankly. Different objectives, but one is fulfilling theirs better.
>>
>>32229594
The fuck?!
>>
Japan likes more Filler comedy episodes than battles xy failed
>>
>>32229594
>SM is a better comedy cartoon than XY was an action series
No.
>>
>>32228825

they just chilling on the first island, we are getting closer with the characters that will eventually move to second island and it's all well written, I'm not even tired of this series like I was tired of the others where every episode was about the same... this one have more balance between pokemon and overworld
>>
>>32228939
Hey look mom, I can cherry-pick too!
>>
>>32228825

-slow pacing
-really well written episodes
-slice of life
-chilling
-no annoying girl
-no brock/annoying boy
-we have 6 more main characters and we will probably get more
-they all are interesting but only ballon shit and toge shit are annoying [both trainers and mons]

so yep this season is fucking good, you are watching it to groom your mood
>>
>>32229525
Oh sorry for hurt your feels.
Yugifag.
>>
>>32229737
This.
>>
>>32229926
Are you retarded?
>>
>>32229242
Because /vp/ isn't anime exclusive.

>Why do people complain about shows they don't like on a board about the topic.

I wonder why?
>>
>>32230008
Yes but in your coment you not only insult the anime, the conclusion that i find in your post is that you practicaly hate Pokémon now.
>>
>>32230008
>Mega evolution, edgy shit amd awfully designed Pokemon GF and TV Tokyo made to suck up money from autistic fags who will think anything they come up with is awesome.
Yeah, nice try.

Go make a muh nostalgia thread on /v/ or something.
>>
>>32230033
Except that's not my post. I only posted the post after your because I find that logic nonsensical. This isn't your personal circlejerk board, don't get pissy about somebody having an opinion.
>>
>>32230055
When the opinion is "the thing this board is about sucks", you're probably better off going elsewhere.
>>
>>32229132
>Not liking best Ash and best team with best companions

This shit taste is unfathomable
>>
>>32228825
While sun and moon seems much more childish, their humor is a lot less forced than Black and white. team rocket is still the bumbling idiots sure, but its better than trying to go against years of character developments (if you can call it that...) to just have "le edgy badguys".
>>
>>32230266
>much more childish
This is a meme.
The season is closer to the first one, who was the most cheeky.
I think that xy was more childish than SM with things like the solo Eureka episodes and tha awful Serena Tripokalons to keep the audience of the little girls.
>>
I frankly like it better than XY, but then again, three of my five favorite Anime are Slice of Life, so it may be because the series appeals to me more, i also think the animation (Actual animation, not the level of detail in the character designs, seriously, know the difference) is at the best it's ever been, and while i'll probably be crucified for this, i am SO glad they got rid of the 3D camera, i genuinelly think that was the worst part of XY.
>>
>>32230415
>to keep the audience of the little girls.
I think you mean "to appeal to idol Otakus".
>>
>>32230451
My nigga, i think that i love you.
>>
It doesn't have to be better as long as its fun
>>
File: ashnime.png (29KB, 1888x172px) Image search: [Google]
ashnime.png
29KB, 1888x172px
>>
>>32230650
Holy shit the man who posted this probably was a fan of some awful anime with a gary stu like a protagonist and a fucking harem.
The sad part is that all the people who hate the Pokémon anime not watch it because they need to see the fanservice and great plot (irony) of his seasonal anime.
Fucking Otakus, /a/ was a mistake.
>>
>>32231078
I don't watch all that much anime, but I can even tell you the Pokemon anime is laughable even in comparison to most other anime aimed at kids. It really doesn't deserved to be discussed on /a/.
>>
>>32231162
>projecting this hard
That guy was trolling anyway, Pokemon gets discussed on /a/
>>
>>32229737
This except for Sophocles is the only character I don't care for. Lana and Popplio haven't don't much for me to form an opinion but I don't find them annoying in the slightest
>>
>>32231162
Well, probably you're influenced by other opinions then if you don't watched much anime.
I think that your opinion is pretty forgettable.
Explain me why the Pokémon anime is worst than DB, Yu Gi Oh or the mew seasons of Digimon like hunters if you can.
I don't like the ashnime so much but i think that it's like a trend to shit over him.
Fucking Normies
>>
>>32228837
Inpastable
>>
>>32228825
DP = OS KANTO >> SM > AG >>>>> BW >> OS ORANGE >>>>>>>>>> XY XYZ >>>>>>>>> OS JOHTO
>>
>>32231187
>Pokemon gets discussed on /a/
Pokemon gets forced discussion on /a/ by /vp/ crossboarders. /a/ only engages in occasional waifuposting.

>>32231313
>don't watched much anime
>worst than
>ESL thinks his opinion matters
OS is arguably better than YGO or the new digimon, but new seasons just don't even try. The plots are beyond generic, it's always rescue COTD/POTD and Ash winning with the power of friendship until beefing it at the league. Even without the speedlines the battles are just shitty stock footage and glowing limbs bursting into smoke, and the strategies/shonen asspulls are worse than even the most entry level shit like Fairy Tale. Characters are robotic although SM at least tries to alleviate that.

It's just shit in every regard except maybe music.
>>
>>32231442
(you)
>>
>>32231442
/a/ doesn't discuss waifus, it just get it forced on them by /c/ crossboarders.

See, I can do it too.
>>
>>32231456
Typical braindead ashnimefag response.
>>
>>32231442
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>32228909
XY didn't have a single side tournament except that flying race. Unless you're talking about Serena's bullshit in which case LOL
>>
>>32228825
Its cool for what it is: a Slice of Life Pokemon anime.

The thing is, i don't think Pokemon and slice of life match well.

>>32231078
Funnlily enough, i'm sure /a/ would like the SM season because of how much waifuFags/CutegirlFags are watching animes now.
Still, he is kinda right, the Pokemon animes aren't really that good, even XY&Z and DP are kinda mediocre/average at best.
>>
>>32231507
>LOL
You seem lost. This isn't /r/pokemon and you need to go back there.
>>
>>32231442
What the fuck man! What the fuck!
I think that you are an underage after this coment.
Shit animation?? When objectively is the best animated LONG RUNNER series of all time. You're are a troll and you know it.

Also /a/ is an awful board who only have threads about lolis and evangelion.
>>
>>32231520
SM isn't particularly popular on /a/. Gets the very, very occasional thread. XY got lots of discussion.
>>
>>32231521
nice counter argument
>>
>>32231547
Think of it as a downboat. Go back there now.
>>
>>32231534
>You're are a troll and you know it.
Fuck the double are isn't necesary sorry.
>>
>>32231521
You seem to think this is your safespace where people can't laugh at your laughably shit taste.

>>32231534
>When objectively is the best animated LONG RUNNER series of all time
Christ Miguel, even the shows you listed in your last post have better animation. Sure DB Super started like shit, but the series as a whole has had much better animation. Better direction, too. You can draw a million frames of glowing limbs and smoke, but it's still going to look like shit.

>>32231535
By crossboarders
>>
>>32231559
>telling someone to go to reddit when you're the one using "downvotes"

The irony
>>
>>32231580
>pretends to be from /a/
>bitches out someone for telling a retard that unironically uses "lol"" on 4chan to fuck off

Try a bit better next time.
>>
>>32231580
Do you know something about animation dude or still thinking the stupid thing: animation=art style??
>>
>>32230206
>Serena
>Good companion
Pick one.
>>
>>32231608
/a/ condemns underage b8 like cuck, kys or frogposting, but they've never been triggered at "lol." Your hilariously transparent attempts to be an elitist aren't fooling anyone.

>>32231619
"Art style" is not even a thing you braindead spic. The term is "aesthetic." Animation isn't just about frame count, it's about how you use those frames. Pokemon uses them to frantically jerk characters between poses while rotating the repulsive 3D background. Sometimes they're also covered in ugly CG beams.
>>
>>32231742
Go away.
>>
>>32231757
Go back to /padt/ if you want a safespace. Or reddit, serebii, whatever shithole you crawled out of.
>>
>>32231781
make me
>>
>>32231797
Figured you were underage, thanks for confirming it.
>>
Team Rocket is the only reason to watch the anime prove me wrong
although SM is comfy
>>
>>32231874
Im in it for the background music and the occasionally catchy OP or END

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eELq5ZvQd5
>>
File: vlcsnap-12821.png (408KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-12821.png
408KB, 640x480px
Still miss Pokemon Chronicles...
>>
File: 1488096981345.jpg (190KB, 656x541px) Image search: [Google]
1488096981345.jpg
190KB, 656x541px
>>32231990
I'm in it for Lana lewd.
>>
File: 1487848900556.png (892KB, 679x819px) Image search: [Google]
1487848900556.png
892KB, 679x819px
>>32232028
>>
>>32229668
That's a painted background vs a "detailed" foreground
>>
>>32228837
fug :DDDD
>>
>>32228825
No, it's less worse than it and Johto, but is terribly boring and dull.
>>
File: hnngggggggg.png (598KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
hnngggggggg.png
598KB, 600x879px
I think BW is a good series. Arguably the third best, behind Sinnoh and Unova.

I know that isn't a popular belief here.
>>
>>32232329
Sinnoh and Kalos, sorry.
>>
>>32232329
>BW is a good series
>>>/out/
>>
>>32231834
>says autismo on a thread about shitty cartoons
>>
>>32232028
We're all in it for some sort of ride. Well except for the people who want fast pace and dark themes, they have to wait another 20-30+ episodes. I feel for them but at the same time its whatever if they have more fun complaining because the series no longer panders their Needs more power to them I suppose
>>
>>32231728
You're right, she's not good. She is the best.
>>
>>32228825
Don't worry, when ash gets a junaiper, that's when it's starts getting better then BW
>>
File: My Tier Level.png (4MB, 1140x2862px) Image search: [Google]
My Tier Level.png
4MB, 1140x2862px
Between High&God
>>
>>32234696
>origins
>good
The terrible pacing kills it
>>
You do not know anything about the Pokémon anime.
"The comedy and having basic Pokémon (without achieving the final stage) will not make you win an Official Pokémon League and advance your dreams of being a Pokémon Master", that's how I step in Unova, and now what's going to happen in Alola
----
Ash has traveled the regions to develop his talents and dreams to triumph over a Pokémon League which is the purpose of travels similar to the games.
However, this started to go wrong with forced the reset in Unova, eliminating all their previous efforts, and now this happens in Alola.

In Kalos is the best region of the Pokémon world:
Never give up until the end! Our heroes:
Satoshi has had a wonderful development in his dreams almost to achieve to become Kalos Champion.
Serena has worked hard, she has developed her qualities and talents, and she almost is the Kalos Queen.
Clemont has developed his science that has helped in many circumstances to his friends, continues perfecting his inventions
Eureka travels with her friends, learning to be friendly with the Pokémon before becoming a Pokémon trainer, it is an achievement.

Satoshi and Serena have shown with their actions, feelings, mutual concern and happiness that they truly love and are a canon couple.
Even the Pokémon themselves fall in love with other Pokémon.
>>
>>32234696
>Pokemon XY
God Tier
Wut?!
Also
>>32231742
>"Art style" is not even a thing you braindead spic. The term is "aesthetic." Animation isn't just about frame count, it's about how you use those frames. Pokemon uses them to frantically jerk characters between poses while rotating the repulsive 3D background. Sometimes they're also covered in ugly CG beams.
Are you retarded or your brain are fucked by the drugs?
CG beans in SM when they precisely stop using it this season.
Also rotation of background?? When all the animes use it.
Fluid animation is bad animation now and more frames per second is a bad thing because reasons.
Well now i know that you're aa troll kid who thinks that can win a discussion in a board where are more people with brain than probably you think.
>>
>>32234812
Bait
>>
>>32230033
Since when talking shit about ashnime means you hate Pokemon in overall? Seriously, ashnimefags are retarded.
>>
The solution for SM be this:
Return the real animation and design of Pokémon (OS ~ XY&Z) in SM.
Begins travel and change all story.
Bring back familiar/favorite characters, become protagonists/heroes in Alola.
For the development of a good story in SM.
------------------------------------------------------
Leave the shit-school w/ fillers, baka-comedy.
Because so far SM is just as bad as BW.
>>
>>32230206
>>Not liking best Ash and best team with best companions
>XYfags actually believe this
>>
The Pokemon anime is very difficult to watch and is not particularly occupying. The characters are very basic and their interactions aren't very interesting. Well animated fights are pretty much the only thing going for the series, and those aren't the standard.
>>
>>32234965
>in short words be monotonous as usual
If you think that it would make a "" good story"" I feel bad for you.
>>
>>32234965
>Return the real animation and design of Pokémon (OS ~ XY&Z) in SM.
You do know they have tested and wanted to do the new designs before SM episodes got released?

>Begins travel and change all story.
Like I said before, it'll be quick. Plus, a reboot in the middle of the season?

>Bring back familiar/favorite characters, become protagonists/heroes in Alola.
Anon...

>For the development of a good story in SM
Rinse and repeat like the rest.
>>
>>32228825
why don't they make a spinoff series for the edgy teens/storyfags and leave the videogame advertisements to the original?

maybe have the two converge near the end of the series in the pokemon league or something
>>
>>32234985
>why don't they make a spinoff series for the edgy teens/storyfags and leave the videogame advertisements to the original?
They had with Pokemon Chronicles, Origins, and Generations, but they were not well recieve in Japan despite being good. Also, Pokemon staffs of the anime want to continue making and marketing the show for kids.
>>
>>32235006
man, Pokemon Chronicles was so comfy. sometimes I still watch it snuggled up in my blanket in my comfy bed
>>
>>32229132
>He doesn't like the Alola shitshow
>That MUST mean that he LOVES the Kalos shitshow
I'm just saying that Alola is way worse than Kalos.
>>
>>32228825
Not even close. Yeah SM may be a bit too childish for most people around here but it's nice to at least not have to deal with Ash's brain being reversed back to being a retard. He's still pretty competent when he does battle in SM, however it's not too easy to battle with le comedy relief owl when he has to.
>>
File: Rival Alola-Region.png (1MB, 1270x940px) Image search: [Google]
Rival Alola-Region.png
1MB, 1270x940px
>>32232329
In Alola school stays
4 Trial Captains (the same 4 gym leaders)
girl, book reader with pokémon phobia
Their friends are going to be babysitters of a beginner like Ash Ketchum (not leader).
If they decide to travel there will be no development in Ash and some of their friends will not fulfill their dreams in Alola. Ash will lose the Alola League, top4 or top8.
Camus wins Gladion (winner, champion)
Gladion wins Ash (top2)
Ash wins eventual (top4)
SM fags. He is not going to win anything, just an adventure of filler as school and consolation prize.
Do not repeat the same thing as Unova (BW)
>>
>>32235057
Alola League, results
Camus Winner
Gladion top 2
Ash top 4
>>
>>32235057
Dude, he'll never win a league until the end.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (20KB, 250x171px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
20KB, 250x171px
>Genwarring and Emofagging, the Thread: Anime Edition
>>
> people wanting more generic 00s kid anime shounen shit instead of comfy slice of life with pokémon

what the fuck is wrong with you menchildren, the anime has NEVER been good outside of nostalgia factor, at least a slice of life is somewhat enjoyable for every demo
>>
>>32235927
>somewhat enjoyable for every demo
Not for the Edgelord Demographic I believe.
>>
File: 1391478409837.png (157KB, 586x274px) Image search: [Google]
1391478409837.png
157KB, 586x274px
>>32228825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb4wxBPQU6E sun and moon was a mistake.
>>
>>32235952
>>32235927
More like not enjoyable for the anyone-over-age-13 demographic.

Slapstick by itself is fine, but SM has done a piss-poor job of making it genuinely funny, entertaining and natural.
>>
>>32228825
Nah, it's much better desu.
>>
>>32228851
KING OF THE WILD! WILD! WILD!
>>
>>32229627

Great argument, too bad it doesn't change the fact the drama in XY was garbage and a few scenes of sakuga doesn't mean the action was good overall.

SM delivers on funny and breezy all the time however. Animation very cartoony too.
>>
>>32229627
Not really, because XY has good comedy in the right situations, we also all know that the important thing is the development and the dreams of the characters.
Instead, in SM, I change my dreams to go to the obligations of a school, the comedy is forced to fail to leave aside the trips, SM is a bad story and garbage like anime, (its SM game version has better story).
>>
>>32234965
>>Return the real animation and design of Pokémon (OS ~ XY&Z) in SM.
Yes, it is an important part of the quality of the anime in the story, continuing with the essence and values of forever in Pokémon.

>>Begins travel and change all story.
Yes, because the school looks like a Spin-off, does not add much to the story, it seems to be filler.
Satoshi has to keep progressing and traveling to realize his dreams in the region.

>>Bring back familiar/favorite characters, become protagonists/heroes in Alola.
Yes. Satoshi, Serena, Gary, Lillie can travel together, dreams, Pokémon, save the world and more things

>>For the development of a good story in SM.
Considering these previous criteria, yes I have faith that this will happen to all.
>>
Janovy was dragged in this thread
>>
>>32238828
what
>>
>>32238828
Literally who?
>>
>>32234965
>>32238690
Quit talking to yourself.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.