[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 62

File: pokemon brain power.jpg (720KB, 848x2494px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon brain power.jpg
720KB, 848x2494px
Unlimited master race edition

New? Check the pastebin for advice on getting started with PTCGO, deck building tips, current metagame information and more
>http://pastebin.com/AK9ZJksJ (embed)

You can also check this FAQ (it's a bit outdated but mostly holds true):
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

>WHAT THEMEDECK SHOULD I BUY
Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

old thread >>32071873
>>
My game is still pink edition
>>
>>32087742
I still get the same random disconnects, sometimes I just click retreat and the client loses connection, others I use an ability, ect.
>>
I feel these threads move much faster when the OP image is a card rather than a meme.
>>
File: vYZ5Wsw.jpg (193KB, 992x1017px) Image search: [Google]
vYZ5Wsw.jpg
193KB, 992x1017px
>just dropped a 480 damage shadow bite on some toolboxfag with 4 rainbow and 4 DCE in discard

Stop playing special energy reliant decks you degenerates.
>>
Is there a Guzma card yet?
>>
>>32088932
No, and there aren't any new team skull cards in this expansion. The teams usually don't get much for the first few sets.

I think it'll be something like this
SM Base (establishes GX cards, a few new core supporters, reprints of core item cards)

Guardians (brings in the Tapu cards, adds a bunch of new staple looking pokemon, more supporters and a few more items/reprints)

SM3 - Ash movie set, includes some new cards related to the film, some more trainers, some throwback stuff generations style, this'll be the last set released before rotation

Ultra Beast set (adds a new mechanic akin to restored pokemon for UBs, adds a few team aether focused supporters/trainers)

Team Skull/Aether set (adds team focused stuff, lots of item/tool cards, supporters, a few team x's y pokemon, ect)

Then maybe one or two more sets of pure SM stuff to round off early gen 7.
>>
>>32089039
Oh nuts. So probably won't get Team Skull themed sets until summer, at this rate. Thank you for answering me.
>>
How much are booster packs generally worth in trades? I need a bunch of uncommon/rare trainer cards and I don't know what to offer

I have
3 Sun & Moon
1 Fates Collide
1 Roaring Skies
1 Steam Siege
>>
>>32089161
SM is the base value pack, ROS/PLF/HST are worth 1.5-2x more, everything else is worth less. FAC/EVO are very low value.
>>
Junk Arm is bugged edition
>>
Is there gunna be a new battle arena vs deck set soon? I wanna get the keldo ex vs ray one but i hear there is another coming soon? Someone kno the name
>>
>>32089613
The Keldeo one is still going to be good, we don't know the deck lists for Kyurem v Kyurem yet.
>>
Are old structure decks worth anything?

Found an unopened Plasma Claw deck from BW.
>>
>game wasn't patching properly.
>had to uninstall and reinstall.
>checked my email.
>didn't realize I had a new code from the spring forward thing.
>pulled a Lurantis.

The new foil patterns look nice.
>>
>play night march
>run into nothing but decidueye/vileplume and turbo dark over and over again

i feel like all of the old discard heavy decks are just garbage now, what's the next best fast and consistent meme that isn't turbo dark or a lock deck?
>>
what is this new blower card im hearing about? gimme the deets
>>
>>32090300
tool scrapper but you can choose a stadium to discard instead of 2 tools.
>>
>>32090300
It's an item that kills up to a total of two equipment and/or field cards.
>>
>>32090309
Or you can discard two stadiums.
>>
>>32090322
>when you hate Forest of Giant Plants so much, you have to discard it twice
>>
>>32087658

Newfag here, question.

Im making a grass deck and my objective is to have access to whatever card I want in a minimal amount of turns however I will be burning through my deck faster. Is there any cards that will let me recycle some of my discard to my deck or some of my hand to my deck?

Shauna is good if my hand gets big and I clog.
>>
>>32090692
1. don't build decks around types. Build around attackers. Which grass type are you going to win the game with? Decidueye? Lurantis? Vespiquen? Serperior?

2. There are lots of recycler cards. I was actually working on writing a deckbuilding supplement for the OP that basically describes all of the components of a draw engine. The main cards you can choose from are

VS seeker: recovers a supporter from discard, I'd argue this is the best card in the game atm
Super rod: The classic choice, item card, shuffle 3 basic energy/pokemon into your deck
Special charge: lets you shuffle 2 special energies into your deck
Brock's Grit: lets you shuffle 6 pokemon/basic energies, and can be recovered with VS seeker

Also don't use Shauna. Use N. Hand clog is mostly a big deal early game anyways and N gets you 1 more card. Lategame it can be used for disruption as well. Shauna is ONLY useful in stall decks where you want to avoid shuffling your opponent's hand.
>>
>>32090178
>STILL playing meme march
you deserve it
>>
File: mewtwo pizza.png (49KB, 862x956px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo pizza.png
49KB, 862x956px
>>32090462

Field Blower is an item, my dude.
>>
>>32090728

If he is building Grass, then he can also use Revitalizer, which retrieves two Grass Pokemon from discard back to hand as well but it could be useless if he runs Vileplume as well
>>
>>32090760
mememarch is no more cancerous than turbo dark and it's less cancerous than any lock deck with karen being an option.
>>
>>32090767
most vileplume decks run 1-2 revitalizer because it lessens the blow of discarding a vileplume in a thin line deck.
>>
>playing standard in MtG.
>3 decks that basically play the same.
>format is toxic as fuck.

I tried out the online client and I'm having some fun.

How is the standard meta in this game?
>>
>>32090838
Rock paper scissors with a side of obscure memes
>>
>>32090728

Decidueye, Lurantis, Shiinotic and maybe Tsareena. I figure Shiinotic is good for drawing grass pokes and Formantis can get me started off with energy easy.

Those all look good, is fisherman good? Super rod seems like a decent compromise.
>>
>>32090838
I'd estimate about 15-20 viable decks in standard and 25-30 in expanded

But the draw engine and many of the tech cards in every deck are pretty similar within the meta so aside from ascended memes like Gyarados AT, these decks typically run lists that are 60-70% similar (with different colored energies and whatnot).

We're getting tool removal in the next set though which will hopefully open up some new decks. But sadly, TCPI is fucking retarded and keeps adding support for fucking Vileplume which is the most obnoxious, lowest skill deck in standard.
>>
>>32090921
Fisherman is not good in decks where you can't do something with those energies that turn, it's used in volcanion and archie's blastoise. Never try to make plays across turns with cards in your hand if you can help it, N makes it really difficult to pull off consistently.

Anyways, Tsareena sucks ass, Shiinotic is only MAYBE marginally worth it if you have Vileplume, and not at all if you don't, Lurantis/Decidueye have poor synergy together.

If you want to win, I recommend Decidueye/Vileplume or Lurantis/Vileplume. There's some cool grass stuff coming up in the next set too like trevenant, golisopod, baby lurantis and tapu bulu/tapu bulu GX. Trev fits in well with Vileplume and Lurantis/Bulu work well with Lurantis-GX. It'll be interesting to see what people end up doing with Golisopod, it's definitely a good card but feels kind of hard to fit in to a FOGP deck.
>>
>>32090966

>Any Year
>Peopletill can't distinguish between PCL (the Japanese idiots that actually makes the cards) and TPCi (interntional handler of everything else)

At least FoGP should be rotated out of Standard this year, I'm not sure if it will continue to be a nuisance in Expanded with Memebird
>>
>>32091001

Would Lurantis still run well with Vileplume/Shiinotic?
>>
Is TurboDark better than Darkrai/Giratina? I see differing answers everywhere
>>
>>32090027
How to get free pack?
>>
>>32091083
Yeah, I'd just drop the Shiinotic entirely though, usually with Vileplume you have the pokemon you need on the field when you need them anyways, from my experience.

>>32091114
It's really close in standard but I think darkrai/dragons is a little better atm. In expanded, turbo is clearly better.
>>
File: Professor-Oaks-New-Theory.CL.83.png (878KB, 570x795px) Image search: [Google]
Professor-Oaks-New-Theory.CL.83.png
878KB, 570x795px
How expensive is this card in the online game?
>>
File: 1479953310716.png (256KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479953310716.png
256KB, 599x337px
>Want a FA N
>only tade I'm able to make is for 2 SR UB from SM and FA Shaymeme

Will I ever get one
>>
>>32091143

Question. When I see people posting decks, some of the pro players have much less Pokemon. Is it worth those mulligans to secure your turn 1 draw?
>>
>>32091149
about 2 packs.
>>
>>32091165
Standard deck layout is roughly 14/34/12. Some decks go as low as 9 pokemon, others as low as 4 energy. Basically no decent decklist goes below 30 trainers except maybe Vespiquen, and it's close. You want to use as many trainers as you can get away with.

Pokemon and energy are there to win you the game, trainers are there to either get you to that wincon faster or keep the opponent away from theirs. You want to have some kind of card that can secure you resources in your hand every single turn more or less. Energies and pokemon are much more likely to be dead cards that bloat your hand.
>>
>>32091277

I see, thanks man.

Also nice dubs.
>>
File: Good+morning+son_401089_3935192.jpg (39KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
Good+morning+son_401089_3935192.jpg
39KB, 550x412px
>>32091136
Please respond

Also to what directory does the card cache download
>>
>>32089467

How so?
>>
>>32091349
Newsletter. If you're not signed up a lot of people have more than 1 email with a newsletter.
>>
>game crashing on launch

haha, time to reinstall this game for the 100x time since I first started playing a couple years ago
>>
>>32091241
thxs
>>
>>32091277

So I started off with this. What could I add to it? I think it can use some recovery but Im not trying to discard. Are Pokecenter ladies fine? Ultra Balls?

48/60

3 Vileplume
3 Gloom
4 Oddish
2 Shiinotic
3 Morelull
2 Lurantis GX
3 Formantis
8 Grass Energy
4 Herbal Energy
4 VS Seeker
4 Super Rod
4 Special Charge
4 Brocks Grit
>>
>>32091143
>I think darkrai/dragons is a little better atm
It feels faster and you can build up your damage sooner. Enhanced Hammer sucks though
>>
>>32091114
Dark/dragons hits harder but is slightly less consistent and much more vulnerable to dusruption
>>
>>32091433
>>32091433
>Pokecenter ladies fine? Ultra Balls?
Yeah, probably. Healing items are great for this type of deck.
What's Herbal Energy?
>>
File: XY3_EN_103[1].png (125KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY3_EN_103[1].png
125KB, 245x342px
>>32091555

I found it while googling

Is it still standard?
>>
>>32091433

Look friend,

This is a deck that a senior (middle age group) played at Anihiem and got 4th.

Pokemon – 18

4 Fomantis SUM
3 Lurantis GX
2 Oddish AOR
3 Gloom AOR
3 Vileplume AOR
3 Shaymin EX

Trainers – 33

3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Olympia

4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
2 Timer Ball
4 Acro Bike
4 Trainers’ Mail
3 Float Stone

4 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy – 9

9 Grass

Just compare between your skeleton and this deck.

First Herbal Energy s not in standard anymore and it also is not a good card anyways. So right off the bat drop Herbal Energy and 4 special charges.

Also, take a moment to think about how much recycle you have in you deck. You are running 4 super rods and 4 Brock's Grit. Are you really going to need to get back a combination 36 basic Pokemon and energy? 36 cards is more than half a deck. And if you did need to recycle 36 card don't you think you'd lost already anyways.

Since you are just starting out look at deck lists for meta decks. You'll start to see the common engines that all the decks use.
>>
File: hoopa-ex-ancient-origins-aor-89.jpg (1006KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
hoopa-ex-ancient-origins-aor-89.jpg
1006KB, 700x990px
This bastard is always prized.
>>
>>
>>32091443
Delete this image right now. This us a Cristiano image broad
>>
What's the strongest water deck and the strongest grass deck in standard rn? (You can include cards from the upcoming set)
>>
>>32092122
Water deck: Gyarados or Lapras GX
Grass deck: Lurantis GX/Vileplume or Decidueye GX/Vileplume or Vespiquen
>>
>>32091605

It's been relegated to Expanded since last September.
>>
>>
4-4-4 Decidueye
2-2-2 Vileplume
2 Shaymin
1 Lugia EX
1 Promo Jirachi
1 Beedrill EX
1 Tauros GX

4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lillie
2 Lysandre

4 Trainers Mail
1 Revitalizer
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Balls
3 Float Stones

4 FOGP

3 Grass Energy
4 DCE

this is the OP meta decidueye deck list right?
>>
>>32092187
Some nigger redeemed it.
>>
>launch game
>check for updates
>closes and downloads update
>relaunch
>checks for updates again
>closes and downloads update again
>keeps happening
It was fun while it lasted ptcgo
>>
>>32092269
I wanted to build a Decidueye deck like a month ago and you guys told me it was a meme deck that wouldn't amount to anything.
>>
>>32087658
what is the original version of the meme called?
>>
>Got a League Challenge tomorrow
>But I live in Oceania realm of Deciduplume and Turbo Darkrai and dark Dragons

I'm going to go play anyway but i'll be real shitty if a bunch a people show up with deciduplume
>>
>>32092148
I wouldn't call bees a grass deck
>>
>>32092536
I don't want to sound like /pol/ so I'll just call you a pathetic, ineffective sack of shit for not doing what you wanted instead of using their buzzword
>>
Would anyone want to trade some cards, I want to form Xerneas rainbow deck.

What does Xerneas usually go for?
>>
>>32092739
packs I mean.
>>
>>32092742
one or two packs
>>
Waiting for the Decidubox is suffering
>>
>oh hell I better play for those 5 free packs, I'm only 10 points away
>get packs
>2 Palossand, a non-GX Primarina, a Parasect and a Masquerain
>>
>>32092678
Currently where i am as soon as plume is down you scoop. Be it your deck cant handle it or simply out of protest. It needs to stop
>>
jesus fucking christ what did they do to the foil effects? This is hilariously bad. I thought they were toning it down not amping it to LSD levels.?
>>
>>32094072
Looks heaps better imo
>>
>>32094109
have you got eyes? awful awful awful.
>>
>>32094072
Why would they tone it down? They want it to be as noticeable as possible to encourage blingfagging.

>>32094065
It's disgusting that I have to play Volc due to this shit.

Decidueye/Vileplume is a brainless coinflip/shuffle deck
Darkrai variants are all essentially brainless auto-pilot play decks
Volcanion takes half a brain at most, it's an auto-pilot deck but takes a little more thought than Darkrai, still boring as fuck to play

All of the decks that are actually fun to play are either countered by garb or can't reliably win the Decidueye matchup. Decidueye is killing Vespiquen/Gyarados which were the most fun decks in early 2017 formats.
>>
>>32094118
re-reading their announcement here, they are toning it down at the next patch.
>they knew they had fucked up before they released it
I mean I know you need to have stuff run through apple way in advance, but is there just no fucking QC at all? why would you release something, then un-do it in the very next patch? Before even the next patch. fucking idiots.
>>
what makes the incineroar deck so much better over the others?
>>
They will release new theme decks when sun and moon 2 gets released, right?
>>
>>32094186
They only didn't like how it looks on some energy cards. Tbh the more shiny the better. Bling fagging is how the game was intended to be played
>>
>>32094394

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/guardians-rising-theme-decks-hidden-moon-steel-sun-their-lists
>>
>>32094496
Say goodbye to Cosmoem being a 1 pack card once you can buy a playset for 1,000 tokens
>>
>>32094301
the water deck kind of sucks compared to the other two and incineroar wins the matchup against decidueye
>>
Holo rares are always more rare/valuable than reverse holo rares right?

Is a master set a copy of each card in its highest rarity? Ie one reverse holo of each common/uncommon, one holo of each rare, and then every other card?
>>
>>32095232
>Holo rares are always more rare/valuable than reverse holo rares right?
Reverse holo rares are about three times as unlikely to be in your pack as a holo rare, yet are worth less
>>
>>32092528

had same problem; need to re-install
>>
File: sophocles.jpg (183KB, 748x1045px) Image search: [Google]
sophocles.jpg
183KB, 748x1045px
http://www.pokemon-card.com/card-search/index.php?mode=statuslist&pg=513
Is sophocles from the bulu deck a new card? I don't remember seeing it before.

Google translate engrish says you discard two cards from your hand to draw 4 cards.
>>
>>32095483
I think it is, and holy jesus is that a shit supporter. I was hopeful that they were going to stop adding so many strictly useless supporters.

like why the fuck would you ever want to trade 2 for 4 when you can just sycamore? Are they really going SM on? Because with the Sycamore promo reprint in Kyurem v Kyurem he'll be legal until Evolutions rotates.
>>
>>32091654

Thank you for the advice and I take it by engine you mean how the deck flows?

And my concern with recycling cards is I wouldnt want to be surprised by Wailord stall.
>>
>>32095232

>Holo rares are always more rare/valuable than reverse holo rares right?

It really depends on the card in question, the general rule of thumb is that reverse holos are slightly more expensive than the regular version. One of the odd exception is the XY Evolutions Charizard, where the reverse holo version is less expensive than the regular holo version.

>Is a master set a copy of each card in its highest rarity?

It is usually denoted a copy of every single rarity, using Sun and Moon for example its master set would consist of the following:

126 card "basic set"
126 card reverse holo of the "basic set"
11 Regular Art GX Pokemon cards
12 Full Art cards
8 Hyper (Rainbow) Rare GX Pokemon cards
6 Secret Rare Item / Energy cards

Depending on who you ask, theme deck / prerelease kit exclusives (ie. holo version of non-rare cards and vice versa) usually don't count towards the master set

>>32095550

Discard to draw Supporters is not exactly a new thing people used to play TV Reporter / Felicity's Drawing before "Dump your hand to draw 7" is a thing again
>>
Alright m8s, I have a choice to make here. I want to grab up either a megafug deck or rainbow road. Based on the cards I have I estimate I need to trade about 15 value to complete either of them otherwise I'd just try the cheaper one first. Which is more fun to play?
>>
>>32095621
Yeah it's not new, but it's a trash supporter until Sycamore is gone which is next year at the soonest unless they go absolute madman and leave standard with 3 sets in September. I just don't see why they'd print it so early in the SM sets if Sycamore's going to stay with us for another year.
>>
>>32095483
Its pretty okay with aqua path since compressor is out.
>>
>>32095718
I think you'd much rather ultra ball to discard those and pick up a shaymeme to fill your hand back out or a Lele to give you a better supporter.

I mean it's just one card more than Hau/Tierno/Cheren.
>>
>>32095621
Thanks anon.I assume for the rares of sun and moon you would include the normal holo versions as well right? So you would have two versions of all commons and uncommons, and then 3 versions of every rare, plus the gxes, fullarts, rainbows and secret rares.

Is there any "set way" to put the collection if you are putting them in a binder? Is just going regular version-> reverse holo version ->holo version in the number order usually good enough?
>>
File: lurantis lock.png (597KB, 925x588px) Image search: [Google]
lurantis lock.png
597KB, 925x588px
>>32095601
Wailord stall autoloses to Lurantis due to its grass weakness. And item lock matches up favorably vs stall anyways.

So as for your deck, in an item lock deck, you don't run vs seekers or super rods. In the lategame, items will be locked and those are lategame items. You can run a brock but it's less effective.

All of your item cards need to be early game items. Ultra balls, and a few level balls since those search oddish/gloom/fomantis. You need 4 Forest of Giant Plants in any Vileplume deck. Ditch all of the rods, all of the special charges, 3 of the brocks, all of the herbal energies. Maybe go up to 9 or 10 grass energy

I don't like Shiinotic in Lurantis decks just because of how few pieces you actually need and his 100hp puts him just out of level ball range otherwise he'd be useful. He's more useful for Decidueye decks but even then, it's not a good card. I'd replace it with a 2-2 of Octillery/Remoraid if you can't afford Shaymins yet. Once you can get shaymins, 2 shaymin and use the other 2 cards on trainers.

Also, don't pyramid evolutionary lines like that, aside from a few cases when you want to increase the probability you start with one basic over other basics, you shouldn't ever have more of the basic than the final stage.

For filling the space, you want to run 4 lysandre in this deck, you want 2-3 N and probably 4 Sycamore. A revitalizer or 2 is nice since so long as you have one in the deck, you don't mind discarding a vileplume or lurantis earlygame if you need to.

This is my Lurantis deck for reference, WR is 70% over 75 games. It's an extremely no-frills, no special tech list built for consistency over all else. Without VS seekers you can't really run many of the special tech supporters reliably anyways.
>>
>>32095887

>I assume for the rares of sun and moon you would include the normal holo versions as well right?

For Pokemon there isn't "normal holo versions" of a non-holo rare card with the exception of the e-Block in the early 2000s since the non-holo rares have bar code readers for the e-reader accessory. So there are only two verions of a rare card (holo / non-holo rare and reverse holo counterpart)

>Is there any "set way" to put the collection if you are putting them in a binder?

I usually just go holo rare > non-holo rare sorted by number for each set, all the "premium" cards go into a separate binder and commons + uncommons are stored in a box sorted by number and set I never collected reverse holos since it was a thing in 2002 and never will
>>
>>32093972
>oh hell I better play for those 5 free packs, I'm only 140 points away
>everyone on my rung of the ladder is at the Theme skill ceiling
>It's a game of rock paper scissors, essentially the winner is determined randomly
>2 hours later, 110 points away

>pic related
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-16-56-32.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-16-56-32.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>32096354
3 free packs*
Pic related again
>>
>>32094118
Personally i love volcanion ever since it was a thing. Ive got about 300+ games on tcgo with it. But if you get turn 1 item locked playing volc you can kiss your dick goodbye 80% of games
>>
>>32097099
Why? You run so many energies and hit for weakness couldn't you just start stacking energies on your active (assuming it's not Shaymin, Salamance or Hoopa) and put damage on board?
>>
>>32097099
volcanion isn't an offensively stupid deck, I just don't like playing it.
>>
>>32097099
Im the same i just love the deck itself. For me its a fun mix of skill and resource management. Have you got a list of what your running atm?
>>
>>32094118
So glad the only Decidueye at my local is piloted by a moron
Uses 1 baby Decidueye for some fucking reason, and no vileplume
>>
>>32097162
The times i played against one he kept Lysandering different heavy fucks to the active with no energy so i had to manually attach energy from manually drawing them, by the time i had enough energy on all my bench to do anything his owls had memed everything to death. The next time i limited my bench and put everything i could in to baby volcs but he had a tauros GX wall me, when i took the risk to try and kill it i couldnt stop him from sweeping with a combinatoin of tauros and his owls. Its not worth the effort to try and win against turn 1 itemlock. I was visibly not having fun just drawing and passing for about 6 straight turns at one point but he was quite pleased with himself. Plume players are assholes
>>
File: Volcanion.jpg (201KB, 858x523px) Image search: [Google]
Volcanion.jpg
201KB, 858x523px
>>32097267
This is mine. It plays how i like it, i tried to fit an olympia in there which works every now and then, but this is where i come back to
>>
>>32097311
daily reminder that plume will be BETTER in SM2 than it is now. Garbodor will never, ever work against it, every plume deck will run a blower to knock the float stone off and reestablish item lock if you attach your float stone to a trubbish before lock comes down, and Trevenant is an amazing stage 1 1 prize attacker with Vileplume. DCE for 30x the number of item cards in your opponent's hand.
>>
>>32097514
Yep, the people who make these cards certainly dont know how to play with them
>>
Question

The versus rewards (current time of writing is electric mons and Thundurus EX) do they go through rotation? Is this my last time to obtain a Thundurus EX easily?
>>
>>32097514
Is the time of 4x Hex Maniac upon us?
>>
Thank god they finally did something with the foil effects. They were non-existent before.
>>
>>32097540
I want to see someone run a plume/trev/SM2 garb deck

They spam sycamore to discard their items to avoid being fucked by trev and then they just get trashvalanced to death. Energy requirements aren't too terrible either considering Trev BKP uses PCC for its psychic clone and you'll probably want one of them in a trev/plume deck just because it ruins certain big basics, Tauros in particular. And now it doesn't even matter that you have no ascension phantump for it since FOGP lets you evolve the turn it's played anyways.

It's like they really, really want people to stop using items, but item cards are largely what prevent this game from becoming a topdeck reliant retard slapfight like theme is.
>>
>>32097557
I don't think they rotate but Thundo EX isn't exactly great anymore anyways.

Last 3 cycles have been x2 Landorus, x2 Darkrai and x2 Thundurus.
>>
>>32097620
Better yet I'd love to see a Sableye/Decidueye GX/Vileplume deck. Supporter lock and item lock, plus consistent damage every turn. Throw in Silent Lab or A-Muk for extra lock fun.
>>
File: LE TRASH MAN.png (148KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
LE TRASH MAN.png
148KB, 245x342px
>>32097514
He was a silent guardian. We hated him for it. We trashed him, you might say.

But he was protecting us from far greater threats.The memes he killed were just collateral damage.

We really, really need something that blocks evolution abilities like Muk blocks basics and giratina xy blocks breaks.
>>
>>32097675
Literally killing the game
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-50-24.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-50-24.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>32096354
>>32096369
Holy fuck I JUST made it. I can sleep easy now.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-56-01.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-56-01.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>32098033
>>
>>32098077
GG
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12552575

Lets go guys!
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-56-47.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-56-47.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>32098033
>>32098077
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-57-15.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-19-57-15.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>32098033
>>32098077
>>32098096
>>
Latios. Unless the FA is good it'll be another ladder where I don't even hit 600.
>>
>latios
literally the card you get a million of shaymin hunting
>>
>>32097514
I honestly don't think Trev is a good fit for this deck
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12552634
Win a box tournament tomorrow. Which deck should I take?
>>
Whats the new full art?
>>
File: 1476673733264.jpg (56KB, 338x266px) Image search: [Google]
1476673733264.jpg
56KB, 338x266px
>first game of the new ladder
>lose connection when I pick my fucking second to last prize

WHY DO THEY NEVER FIX THIS SHIT

It CLEARLY has to do with their client.

I FIRST TURN ITEM LOCKED A FUCKING DECIDUMEME DECK AND WAS ABOUT TO END HIM

IT WAS EVEN AN ADVANTAGE GAME
>>
>>32098416
wait what the fuck it gave me a win even though he had an active left

did we crash at the same time? did he crash and it crashed me?

rofl fuck this game
>>
I don't know what you people are concerned with. Forest of Giant Plants rotate out from Standard in September.
>>
>>32098426
I had the exact same thing happen to me, i got disconnected but when i got back in i gained 10 points
>>
>>32098433
>heh idk what u people are worried about it'll only be 6 more months until there's a meta without obnoxious item lock decks
>>
>>32098433
Yeah, after worlds. Do you not see the problem?
>>
File: ladder.jpg (71KB, 663x718px) Image search: [Google]
ladder.jpg
71KB, 663x718px
Since when is there a public ladder?
>>
>>32098433
Shh... i want to see them chimp out some more...
>>
Building my first real deck.

Doing despair ray gardy. Should I put M Gard in and also spirit link? Should I put more than one spirit link? Will post a mock-up in a minute.

Also, what's the deal with pic related? I though zygarde was a snek.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-20-33-05.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-20-33-05.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>32098482
>>
>>32098459
rofl, just played my second game and lost connection on turn 2. Literally nothing wrong with my connection on my end. I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with their client.
>>
>>32098482
Zygarde has 3 forms, doge, snek and gundam.

And despair ray is a dying deck, but yeah you should have spirit links and m gardevoirs in a fucking mega gardevoir deck, rofl.

you need 1 spirit link for every mega gardevoir you have, megas arent worth running without them.
>>
>>32098482
Do you live under a rock or something?
>>
>>32098482
>>32098494

There are multiple Formes of Zygarde, the dog one is the 10% Forme, Snake is 50%. Also

>Play Despair Ray Gardy
>Not playing the M Gardy and Spirit Links

laughingtrainers.gif
>>
>>32098511
Sorry, I forgot that the deck was mega g not just g ex. Okay, is it worth if I only have one mega g?
>>
>>32098528

Nope, you need 3 minimum
>>
>>32098535
Fuck my cunt.

How much do they go for? Probably very expensive. Are there cards that can substitute in this deck and still do well?
>>
>>32098555

Unfortunately no, the other M Gardy is too slow by comparison. As far as cost is concerned Despair Ray M Gardy isn't too expensive online or not, but you will need all the Shaymeme, Hoopa, and Dragonite EX (EVO) to function well enough
>>
>>32098555
They're like $4-5 each
>>
>>32098555
If you're going to do something, do it right or don't bother.
>>
>>32098555

They aren't your biggest concern m8. Realistically, you need to run 4 Shaymins in Despair Ray. If you're worried about whether you can even afford the Mega Gardevoirs, it's probably not the deck for you.
>>
>the Solgaleo and Lunala tins have holo SM energy in them

Oh boy.
>>
>>32098585
Yeah, I just don't want to play another rotation of Theme, my man.

>>32098579
I have one Shaymin EX, no hoopers, no dragonite.

>>32098583
I'm in PTCGOnline

>>32098605
Fuk. I guess I need to grind theme tournaments for tradable packs.
>>
>>32087658
Will trev/garb bee the new bees after rotation? A deck full of 2HKO 1-prizers?
>>
>>32095692
RR is way more fun to play it's not even a question.

Mfug is just - get your shit out first turn, concede if not, next game. Honestly the one thing holding Mfug back from being a legit meta deck and not just the eternal contender is how goddamn dull it is to play.

Now in fairness, turbo Dark is equally as dull - but I reckon that's because that you get the high of winning more often than the 50/50 chance of Mfug landing.
>>
>>32098475

Since ladder became a thing.
>>
>>32095550
>Because with the Sycamore promo reprint in Kyurem v Kyurem
is it an actual new card though? or just a reprint.
Because the last two Battle Arena deck cards were not "new"
>>
File: AngryDome.gif (429KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDome.gif
429KB, 213x201px
>opponent only has 2 cards in hand
>Delinquent his stadium
>his draw for turn is Lillie
Yeah, sure. And all these brick hands, prizing important cards, and whiffing Max Elixirs
>>
>>32098612
wtf i love tins now

how many of which energy?
>>
>>32098878
6 holo steel in Solgaleo
I'd assume 6 psychic in Lunala

Normally they're just the generic energy templates but they're using the new art now.
>>
>>32098475
2-3 years-ish.
>>
>>32098749

Yep, it's a new Sycamore, not a reprint. It's getting new artwork.

Same thing with Trainers' Mail.
>>
>new full art is giovanni's scheme
Literally useless with kukui around
>>
>>32100187
Good, I won't feel bad about not getting it, I feel kind of bad I didn't grind Colress out since it's a rare actually good supporter. But whatever, it's just bling.
>>
>get 3 dark patches at 2 packs each
>4th didn't come through
>2 days later literally every dark patch on the market is 5-6 packs value

what the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>32098225
more input, please
>>
>>32100572
yveltal is the safest play of those options, darkrai turbo is falling off with item lock rising, darkrai/tina with double lab is good though.
>>
>doing fire damage challenge
>setting up a wumbo combo for last volcanion ex hit to win the game
>4 energy steamed up, active volc ex had FFB
>they concede right as im about to click the fucking attack button
>challenge bar fills up and im 140 off
>>
>trading cancer for cancer

Poetry
>>
File: Cancer trade XDDDD.jpg (87KB, 1277x321px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer trade XDDDD.jpg
87KB, 1277x321px
>>32100904
Forgot the pic XDDD
>>
>>32100911
Don't be a bully
>>
>>32100994
At least someone will be enjoying item lock :^)
>>
X/Y Fates Collide
jgb sa66 43j 9ju

post what you get please :)
>>
Hi hi. I've been out of the game since the last rotation. That was in late October, if I remember correctly. What's going on in the meta nowadays? I just popped on and played with my Yanmega Break deck, which is apparently still alive, against a M Gardevoir deck. Rip Spritzee.

Those nostalgia cards gave me a boner. I have half a mind to buy a physical pack for old time's sake, but I have every card from when I was 7 sitting in my closet.

A lot of the GX cards look like shit - here's to you, Lapras - but some of them look like they're alright. I think it was Espeon that stood out from the ones I saw.
>>
>>32101538
>What's going on in the meta nowadays?
Google is a thing famalam
>>
What the fuck is this? You cant do anything but emotes, what could i possibly say?
>>
>>32101546
Google for what? To spend the next two hours looking at various discussion board posts of, "Guys, I've got it. The next meme deck." instead of starting a discussion here on a generally dead thread?

I'd rather spend time with you assholes than go to Smogon.
>>
>>32101552
You were too smug with your emotes. Learn to be more humble and this won't happen.
>>
>>32101612
I usually just do the broken heart when they N a good hand i had
>>
>>32101590
you could google the winners of the latest regionals or something. That would give you a fukken good idea of the meta
>>
>>32101552
>>32101618
I once got that message when I made a deck to spell out NIGGER in pokemon names on my bench.
after 4 games I got it to happen, made a heart emote, and conceded
next day I was told I was reported and nothing has happened since
>>
>>32101689
I just think it might be a 3 strikes and youre out kind of thing, and if i did nothing wrong i would hate to have only 2 left
>>
File: card.png (1MB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
card.png
1MB, 1922x1080px
Pulled this out of a pack from an e-mail code. Is it worth building around in standard? I stopped playing PTCGO around when Fates Collide came out
>>
>>32102223
ladder memes, yeah it's okay but it won't be actually good until after sm2 gives us tool removal for garb
>>
>facing mememarch
>joltik only start
>drop hypnotoxic
>trainers' mail and find a virbank
>drop it and 'well played!' him then end my turn
>>
>>32095887
I usually double up on a slot in my pocket. Putting the reverse common/uncommon/rare card on top of the normal card.

Holo-Rares are a special case, it seems people love the holographic picture more than a reverse Holo-Rare card. So I don't pay attention to the reverse Holo-Rare cards if I already collected the Holo-Rare varient. Though if I have both I usually put the Holo-Rare card on top of a Reverse Holo-Rare card in a pocket.
>>
Newfag here, I was thinking of getting into the TCG but I was wondering what editions are still standard.

Are any of the current editions expected to be cut soon? I dont want to buy a few packs just to find out they arent useable in the current meta.
>>
>>32103203
Primal Clash - SM is standard atm.

Rotations happen in September, so 6 months with only these plus newer sets. Most people expect the rotation to remove everything before BKT.

Don't worry about rotations though because a lot of locals play in expanded. We have events for expanded, standard, "Japanese standard" (XY on) and unlimited once in awhile.
>>
File: flashfug.pt2.jpg (303KB, 1444x927px) Image search: [Google]
flashfug.pt2.jpg
303KB, 1444x927px
Got 48 codes of Flash Fire in the mail today.
They're literally trading for nothing on PTCGO so lets open them up hoping for a FA Lysandre!

We managed to get one last time! Can we get another?
>>
>>32103421
it's weird that FLF/FUF trade so low when they contain multiple uncommons/rares that go for half a pack or more. I know that rare/EX quality tends to drive pack value more than that but I actually think it MIGHT be more value on average to actually open those packs and trade the contents which tells me that the market is undervaluing them.
>>
>>32100693
I hate when this happens. I complain about it from time to time and the turbo autists in this thread give me the ol' "gotta save time!".
>>
File: 25.jpg (377KB, 1435x915px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
377KB, 1435x915px
After 26 packs we finally hit an EX.
This is why you don't open valuable packs on PTCGO, kids.
It's never worth it!
Another 21 packs to go.
>>
File: megzard.png (2MB, 1438x927px) Image search: [Google]
megzard.png
2MB, 1438x927px
Hey we managed to get another EX before the end. Shame its not very playable.
16 packs left.
>>
>>32103514
>>32103541
The Bus to Hosetown just pulled up.
>>
File: 1439413629268.png (54KB, 290x307px) Image search: [Google]
1439413629268.png
54KB, 290x307px
>>32103541

At least it's the secret rare version.
>>
Aaaand that's it. Literally nothing. I wouldn't even taken a FA Pokemon Center Lady.

Once again, lads. Never open your packs!
>>
Why did the price of SM SR UB rise like crazy since the update?
It was going for average 60 SM packs.
>>
>>32103514
>>32103541
At least you can get some normie to pay charizard tax on it.
>>
>>32103582
It was only ~15 packs of value lad.
>>
>>32103664
The Invisible Hand of the Free Market?
>>
>>32103664
cause now they're even more obnoxiously blingy, all bling cards will go up in value.
>>
>>32103722
I can't wait till they do the Expanded and Legacy cards too.
>>
File: 1121541.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1121541.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Fuck the mail system in the US. Monday morning, I bought cards for a deck I wanted to use today and none of them are yet. I thought for sure five days would be enough to send a couple of envelopes but I guess not
>>
>>32103813
Should've paid extra for Two Day senpai.
>>
>>32103834
>paying extra when they can't do their job right to begin with
>>
File: 1459449175058.png (144KB, 311x309px) Image search: [Google]
1459449175058.png
144KB, 311x309px
>every game is vileplume.
>>
>>32103264

I take it BKT is breakthrough?

Also I was asking because theres some Shaymins at the card shop for cheap.
>>
>>32104081
To fight the cancer, you must become the cancer.
>>
>>32104116

No John, you are the demons
>>
>>32104081
>>32104116

I might just have to or else getting the rewards on the versus ladder is gonna take longer than 20 days.
>>
>>32104199
The Ladder is pretty worthless this go round. The FA isn't worth it.
>>
File: IMG_5166.png (137KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5166.png
137KB, 600x338px
>Tfw you're just a collector and barely bothered to learn the rules
>>
>>32104243
what is the FA anyways?
>>
>>32104425
Giovanni's Scheme. Worth less than 1 SM.
>>
>luck of the Irish

That's pretty racist ptcgo, the Irish never had any luck to begin with
>>
How does the Yveltal-ex deck work? I'm new to the game and on paper it doesn't look that good.
>>
>>32104601

Weaker but faster M Mewtwo.
It punishes your opponent from having a mon that has too many energies. It's second stretch even let's to throw an attatches energy to a benched mon for saving later. With exp share you can save all the energies you have on your active is it's getting KO'd.
>>
Anyone get a good water based deck?
>>
>>32104689

Look up "water toolbox" and pick your flavor.
>>
File: xd.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
4MX-DXYR-D9J-BLY
4TG-MZP2-CQV-6YK
XYV-G4DJ-HQP-HGJ
QPG-6KHQ-2MM-YGM
4WV-BXGP-H4M-C9G
V62-CBQX-R9K-CJZ

Here you dudes go
>>
File: 20170318171203_1.jpg (243KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170318171203_1.jpg
243KB, 1366x768px
>>32105346
HOLY SHIT THANKS
>>
>>32105346
Delphox BREAK, FA Gumshoos GX, and Lycanroc GX, thanks dude!
>>
File: 1485679380686.jpg (282KB, 1435x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1485679380686.jpg
282KB, 1435x1422px
>>32105493
>>32087658

>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Taking multiple packs AND not posting pulls.
>>
>>32104522
AAAAAAHHHHH
>>
File: 1489739916862.png (26KB, 633x623px) Image search: [Google]
1489739916862.png
26KB, 633x623px
>it's a opponent always gets every single one of their flips, spends 60 years per turn, and when they're about to win they spend their entire turn spamming trainers instead of just finishing it episode
>it's a shitter drops their shaymin EX and spams well played and then quits when you one-shot their active after pulling all the cards you need out your ass in one turn
>>
>>32105531
when were these lines added
>expecting anyone to follow this shit
>>
>its a "start the match with Hoopa and Shaymin" episode
>its a "Vileplume" episode
>its a "start with a dead draw" episode
>its a "start the match with Hoopa and Shaymin" rerun episode

I fucking hate this game.
>>
>>32087658
>the prize wheel keeps giving you the same spot every time
Why didn't they just give you one for every win?
>>
>>32106068
WHats wrong with the ol' "Hoop da Whoop?"
>>
>>32105531
;)
>>
File: packs234554.jpg (222KB, 986x659px) Image search: [Google]
packs234554.jpg
222KB, 986x659px
What should I trade them for?

Those are the gx cards I have, other than the tauros what meme deck can i build with sun & moon series?
>>
File: 1499694731494.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499694731494.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>32106068
>it's a deck has 15 basic pokemon but you draw a mulligen 7 times in a row every game for 20 games and people still insist that the system is pure RNG episode
>>
>>32107049
Espeon/Lunala
>>
>>32107266
>If an unlikely event occurs for me the numbers aren't random! The system's out to get me!

t. every gambler ever
>>
>>32103581
>secret rare that literally has a photocopied print in a far more common version
>>
File: umbreon-gx-sun-moon-80.jpg (865KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
umbreon-gx-sun-moon-80.jpg
865KB, 700x990px
>usually a rarity whore
>regular arts are starting to look better than full arts
>>
File: ballin.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ballin.png
2MB, 1600x900px
ayy
>>
File: 1488936588801.png (56KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1488936588801.png
56KB, 300x263px
>>32108465
>>
Someone post Leafblower. What does it do? The new one that is gonna be important with Garbodor.
>>
File: 1484359577622.png (32KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1484359577622.png
32KB, 211x211px
>its a "Darkrai/Tina mirror match but both your Tinas are prized and you don't draw them until the end of the game and you already trashed all your Double Dragon Energies" episode

Somehow I still ended up winning.
>>
>>32108567
It's literally tool scrapper except instead of being able to remove your own tools you can choose to remove a stadium instead of one of the tools.
>>
>>32108584
Can it do it to the opponent or just you?
>>
>>32108629

Either.
>>
File: 1483285841696.png (141KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1483285841696.png
141KB, 502x502px
>beat down a mill deck
>last turn before attacking and claiming game
>spam "well done!" and "you have a good deck"
>take as long as I can to run the clock and do meaningless and annoying shit
>they concede

Fuck off, mill cunts. :^)
>>
>>32108634
So it only works on stadiums or on both? You said "instead" so I'm just confirming.
>>
>>32107503
>they reveal it's consistency based rather than true RNG
>loads of posts defending it saying consistency based provides a better gameplay experience
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-19-00-06-14.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-19-00-06-14.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
How's this pull?

>>32108686
You should kill yourself.
>>
File: 1478451672239.png (141KB, 278x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478451672239.png
141KB, 278x357px
>>32108790
>defending mill decks
>posting shitty pulls
>2.69 MB mage
>>
>>32108832
that's basically the best FAC pack you could possibly hope for.
>>
>>32108787
RL shuffles aren't based on true RNG either
>>
>>32108832
I have no idea what a mill deck is, you're just a fucking turbo autist for punishing someone for losing to you.

>Caring about the size of a 4chan picture
Literally autism.
>>
>>32108853
nice the human eye can't see more than 30fps-tier meme
>>
>>32108697
Just google it. It does one or both kinds on either side.
>>
File: 1487027449003.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487027449003.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>32108854
>he doesn't know what a mill deck is

Try facing one, kid. It's not exactly fun and anyone who plays as them is a cunt.
>>
>>32108928
Okay, I will take your word for it...

Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>32109020
Why are there so many people in these threads totally unfamiliar with the game?
>>
>>32109020

The decks are design to throw the cards in your opponents deck into their discard before they can even be used.

There's enough cards in the game for it to be effective.
>>
>>32109020
go read the manga 'wizard soul' and return later.
(mill is about making your enemy lose by running out of cards to drew)
>>
>>32108854
a mill deck is a deck that wins the game by stalling the game until you run out of cards.

It's an obnoxious strategy that has no place in the game. As someone who played since base, the 2011-2012 meta was literally the worst ever solely because Durant mill was so widespread.

The current era of FOGP Vileplume lock is probably the third worst, neo era is second
>>
>>32109076

What was in Neo?
Slowking?
>>
File: babyshit.jpg (90KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
babyshit.jpg
90KB, 350x495px
>>32109110
this card turning every match into a retard coinfip slapfight. At least Slowking took a turn or two to come online before turning the game into that shit.
>>
>play as Tauros/Decidueye
>vs Decidueye/Plume
>she uses Gym Badge
>Tails
>uses another gym badge
>Tails
>concedes

I didn't even know people ran those cards.
>>
>>32108379
Only full arts/hyper rates I like are Taurus and espeon full art. The rest are completely outclassed by their regular variant
>>
>>32109032
Because this is the place people come when they are new to this game, it is obvious, no?

>>32109062
>>32109064
>>32109076

Oh. Isn't this very easily countered with "shuffle your hand into your deck" cards?
>>
Tapu Koko/Jolteon is gonna be the fucking nuts
>>
>>32109320
it can be countered with 'shuffle your discard pile into your deck'
unless the card that does it was already discarded.
>>
>>32109330
Not really. Jolteon usually uses 1 L 1 DCE to power flash ray, there's no good way to really accelerate electric energies on to Jolteon in standard, only electrodes which cannot be taken by Koko.

Koko will be better with Raikou but it still has issues in standard because of depending on electrode for energy acceleration. Expanded Raikou/Eels is going to get a LOT of buffs in the next set though. Take the standard list, replace Rough Seas with Aether Paradise and take out the Tauros GX tech that most of them run and replace with Koko GX for that lategame FUCK YOU attack that Raikou lacks. It's better than Tauros in some ways because you don't need to ninja boy for the damage.

I wish Koko had a lower cost for his GX though. Same cost as his attack is annoying, if it was just LL the card would be leagues better.

>>32109356
Lysandre's Trump Card was fucking stupid because of the endless loops it allowed for, but at least it made mill decks completely unviable.
>>
>>32109076
>Durant mill was so widespread
It never won a relevant tournament and i dont get why you dislike the ant so much.
>>
>>32109448
>there's no good way to really accelerate electric energies on to Jolteon in standard
Max Elixir is a thing
>>
>>32109460
Of course it never fucking won major events because mill is a shitty, 100% RNG dependent strategy in basically every form it has existed in in this game.

>>32109485
elixirs alone don't cut it if you want a consistent deck. Every other successful energy acceleration archetype includes a pokemon based acceleration/recovery engine, elixirs are just icing on the cake.
>>
With Lele coming out are we going to drop our supporter count so we can run more 1 of tech supporters?
And how many Lele should we run on average?
>>
>>32109552

If you want to know the future you must look to the past.
>>
>>32109582

What did people do when Jirachi EX was introduced?
>>
I'm so fucking tired of theme, I don't even want to play the game anymore. It's so long and tedious. I'm so straight up bored with it, it's a game of rock paper scissors every fucking time. But I also don't have the cards I need for making a standard deck that can float, so fuck.

Theme is just so incredibly fucking boring.
>>
>>32109594

Nothing since it wasn't that popular as a tech Pokemon initially
>>
>>32109552
I'm actually thinking of running a 4 Lele 4 Tauros deck of DCE spam with an array of tech supporters to pick from, like Red Card Delinquent on demand.
>>
File: uzuki.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
uzuki.png
291KB, 750x366px
>3 consecutive Plume matches
>face Darkrai deck after

Its like the light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>32109320
>Because this is the place people come when they are new to this game, it is obvious, no?
No, reddit is way better for beginers.
>>
>>32108853
As a matter of fact, they are. Human movement is not precise, the result of a RL shuffle becomes unpredictable after a while (most times, we don't shuffle enough, though)

It's the same reason why a RL coin flip is random, while PTCGO will always rely on some sort of formula or database
>>
>>32108686
I once faced a durant mill deck while running Dragalge.

I just sit there using its second attack (which actually made me discard even more) until all of his 50/60 hp shit was dead.

I don't get why people play those decks. Once you realize it's mill, you just take your time to prepare stuff to sweep their team.
>>
>>32110693
I've found that if you use bulky, 1-prize-card Pokémon with a few healing items, about 25% of players draw themselves out of their deck without you even having to mill.

I would imagine mill decks are mostly designed to beat the idiots who use Sycamore when they have 9 cards left in their deck.
>>
Will the inevitable garb/trev archetype be as skill-based as Vespiquen was before its murder by Owlplume, or will the format continue to be dumb past September?
>>
File: LUCK OF THE IRISH.png (610KB, 1454x810px) Image search: [Google]
LUCK OF THE IRISH.png
610KB, 1454x810px
>>32087658
YA YA YEET
>>
It's been 14 hours and I still haven't received the email to unlock my account.
Should I be worried ? I already asked for a resend 3 times
>>
File: Gengar.jpg (50KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.jpg
50KB, 680x544px
>>32108787

>they reveal it's consistency based rather than true RNG

This claim was made a few threads ago, but no source was ever posted, despite several people requesting it. The guy just said "I can't find the forum post anymore but trust me it's totally real and everyone knows about it just believe me k".

Proof pls.
>>
>>32110786
It'll require constantly looking at your opponent's discard pile and being able to read their hand very well. Gumshoos will be good tech for figuring out exactly how much damage trev can do.
>>
>>32111138

What happened
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-20-45-50.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-20-45-50.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Someone explain pic related please.

>>32110646
I hate Redditors though
>>
>>32112100
yes
>>
>>32112100
It's a meme card.
>>
>>32091654

Instead of 4 fucking stadium cards, why not two and get two retrieve cards? Seems like a waste.
>>
>>32112319

Because FoGP is the entire reason Vileplume is so overpowered. They'd probably play 10 copies if they were allowed to.
>>
>>32112319
You want the forest up on turn 1. Playing 4 makes it likely to happen every time.
>>
>got 8 ROS packs for an unless shitty promo card

open them and pray for shaymemes or trade them away?
>>
>>32112391

Trade. Always.
>>
>together a Volcanion deck
>my first match is against a fucking Greninja deck

Its just my luck. Ever since SM released the I haven't a faced a single Greninja deck.
>>
>>32112391

What promo?
>>
>>32112449

Team Plasma Darkrai (I had two of them so it wasn't a big deal giving up one)
>>
Asking again; do any UK anons have this card?

Looking to buy it, but the only UK seller I've found is significantly overpricing it.
>>
>>32112319
1. 4 stadiums maximizes the probability you get one quickly
2. Having 4 stadiums gives you a way to consistently discard opposing stadiums that doesn't cost you a supporter
3. There aren't good ways to recover stadium cards in standard

In a deck that is stadium dependent, you want to maximize the number of stadiums you play. Especially for Vileplume, >>32112339 is only exaggerating a little, ideally you'd run 6-8 of them especially since the deck gets low mileage out of non-vileplume searching item cards.
>>
Collecting newfag reporting.

Local stores don't carry booster boxes so how should I go about buying boosters?
I know buying them alone isn't smart so should I go with tins?
What sites sell sealed booster boxes?
>>
>>32112882

Look up Derium's Pokemon for sealed booster boxes.
He's good at his trade and you won't get steered wrong.
>>
Anyone have the card list for the next expansion?
Preferably with pictures...
>>
>>32112945
there is no english card list yet and won't be for a few weeks at least.
>>
>>32112945
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/sm2-islands-waiting-for-you-and-moonlight-of-alola-leaking
>>
File: yhsrhre.jpg (444KB, 1439x924px) Image search: [Google]
yhsrhre.jpg
444KB, 1439x924px
>try not to be a bitch and play through shitter Plume deck
>PTCGO freezes when I play Hoopa and goes to countdown
>times out and goes to his turn

Fuck off, PTCGO. Fix your shit.
>>
>>32113063
Thanks
>>
File: 1482457400693.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482457400693.gif
33KB, 598x450px
new to PTCGO, bought incineroar theme deck and greninja deck what should i buy next?
>>
>>32113430
Maybe the Decidueye deck, but just save your coins for SunMoon or Roaring Skies Booster packs
>>
>>32113430
stop buying themedecks unless they have cards you want for a standard list. Buy ROS packs.
>>
>>32113096
>2 Trainer's Mail
>2 VS Seeker
b-but it's random, right?
>>
>>32113477
If you run 4 of each its quite likely
>>
File: 1470863404305.jpg (63KB, 292x516px) Image search: [Google]
1470863404305.jpg
63KB, 292x516px
My only experience with TCG is the game boy game. How out of control has it gotten since then?
>>
>>32113541
Wait until you start with a Pokemon, 3 VS Seekers and 3 Sycamore
>>
Here's a question for everyone:

Do you like that English releases of sets combine two Japanese sets for a big giant pot or do you prefer having them stay separate?

I'd prefer them separate so if theirs a specific card you're looking for you can better your chances by having just one set to try your luck on.
>>
>>32113653
>The game thinks I'm too good, that's why I can't win
>>
>>32113615
Pokemon have gained a lot of power, trainer cards have lost a lot of power. The equivalents of Prof. Oak, Gust of Wind and Energy Removal are a one per turn class of cards now.

The overall pace of the game is slower, and is looking to slow down even more after the next rotation. But the overall state of the game since BW is pretty similar to Base.
>>
>>32111321
Blizzard's shitty card game is consistency-based instead of RNG so people are probably starting to wonder based on that.
>>
>>32113736

That anon specifically said that it had been revealed to be the case, not just that he suspected it was.

This claim has been made before though (probably by the same guy). I just would like to see a source for it.
>>
File: kekles.jpg (324KB, 1434x924px) Image search: [Google]
kekles.jpg
324KB, 1434x924px
>win tournament
>get shit packs
>>
>consistency-based RNG is common in virtual TCGs
>people speculating the same is the case for Pokemon based on a lot of bizarre hands happening over and over from a whole lot of people
>NOOOOOO STOP THIS, YOU'RE ALL JUST BAD

>>32113794
No he wasn't, autist, he was saying if they did reveal it was retards like you would shift goalposts to defend it.
>>
>>32113477
yes.
>>
>buy two 3-pack promo blisters at Target since they have Xerneas/Yveltal and a Roaring Skies for $10
>pull second Shaymeme

However the other two packs are Steam Siege and Evolutions though, so there's that.
>>
>>32114077

>you would shift goalposts to defend it.

No I wouldn't. Why would you even think that?

>NOOOOOO STOP THIS, YOU'RE ALL JUST BAD

Honestly, you're just pathetic. It's confirmation bias and a persecution complex. Until we have proof that the shuffling is non-random, I'm going to continue to

>a lot of bizarre hands happening

Anecdotal evidence. m8, try playing poker online and see how many bad beats you get. I bet they rig that against you as well.
>>
>>32114148

*I'm going to continue to think it's fair RNG
>>
>>32114033
>wasting tickets when Guardians, the best pack since ROS, is coming in 2 months
>>
>>32114077
>No he wasn't, autist, he was saying if they did reveal it was retards like you would shift goalposts to defend it.
No, when we had this argument last week someone claimed that TPC had announced that draws weren't random

I honestly think it's RNG. When you play 20 matches a day every day, against players who are equally good you're going to have some shit games
>>
>>32114148
>No I wouldn't. Why would you even think that?
He was the one saying that, not me, autist. And the fact that every time someone seems to point out the frequency of implausible hands they're met with the same exact posts saying they're the bad ones and the game is perfectly fair despite no evidence provided seems to me that there are cocksuckers in these threads who for some reason are fanboys of the client and its staff and would defend any bullshit in it, who also are notably absent during times when it bugs out. So yeah, I could easily see this casual-ass thread having discussions defending bad RNG.

>someone comes in and says they're sick of getting bad hands over and over and just want to play
>always, without fail, met with YOU'RE BAD rather than even start to question if the game needs improving
>all data against this is anecdotal and must be discarded

I remember testing the opening coin toss consistency based on a theory I had that the person flipping was more likely to lose, and after posting about my findings I just got told I was having confirmation bias and was looking for excuses for bad luck.

>>32114197
>I honestly think it's RNG
You do realize "RNG" doesn't mean anything, right? There are different ways a game can generate a random number. I feel like a lot of the people in these threads don't understand what RNG actually is, as indicated from the retard who posted that IRL shuffling isn't random even though entire professions are built upon the fact that it is, including the existence of things like false shuffling.

These threads could do with more people who actually attend leagues because it's common knowledge where I'm from that deck testing on PTCGO is not indicative of performance IRL and should be taken with a massive grain of salt. Look at the guy who prized all 3 Rowlets in the finals, everyone was flabbergasted but he bad luck. On PTCGO it's quite common.
>>
>>32114288

>they're met with the same exact posts saying they're the bad ones and the game is perfectly fair despite no evidence provided

Burden of proof, my dude. You need to prove it's unfair, not the other way around. How could you even prove it's fair anyway?

>I remember testing the opening coin toss consistency based on a theory I had that the person flipping was more likely to lose, and after posting about my findings I just got told I was having confirmation bias and was looking for excuses for bad luck.

What were your results? If you have statistically significant data, I would genuinely be interested in what you have to say.
>>
>>32112882
>Local stores don't carry booster boxes
Do you live in literally where Alaska or something?
>>
>>32113653
Happens far too often in game and literally never irl
>>
>>32114349
>using words like statistically significant
>in regards to RNG code
Do you even know what that means? There's no way to prove statistical significance in "who flips the coin has a greater chance of X result" just using raw numbers, because if you flip a coin 100 times you could get tails all 100 times. Raw data means nothing in terms of significance, it would take multiple people flipping the coin the same amount of times and recording results. It's also possible the RNG works in ways that different people get different seeds, so someone might have the opposite consistency of myself. However, the notion that me saying I lose when I flip most of the time and win when they flip most of the time being met with "you're just unlucky dude" isn't at all scientific and comes off as apologetics for the client, which to me makes no fucking sense since the dev team is mentally retarded and shit to begin with.

So when someone comes in and posts how they're sick of starting games handicapped by similar bad hands, and they're met with YOU JUST SUCK AND HAVE CONFIRMATION BIAS, it sounds more and more and more like apologetics rather than simple mockery, because nobody here (presumably) is on the dev team and knows the game's code. I mean fuck, I saw people denying the matchup system's existence a while back, which has been in the game since before I started. What the fuck is that?

>You need to prove it's unfair, not the other way around. How could you even prove it's fair anyway?
Game simulating IRL play = fair. Like I said, the guy who started the 3 Rowletts prized got unbelievably unlucky, and the commentators were in awe of the bad luck. But if you played the online game, you'd know such things happen far more than their actual probability would suggest. I myself have had two games in a row where I drew 4 VS Seekers in my opening hand and the next game prized all 4 Junipers. That's like winning the lottery-tier odds of shuffling.
>>
>>32114505

I have no proof; the post.

>There's no way to prove statistical significance in "who flips the coin has a greater chance of X result" just using raw numbers

Wow, you really are an idiot. I actually thought you might have some solid evidence, but you aren't even aware of hypothesis testing.

> Like I said, the guy who started the 3 Rowletts prized got unbelievably unlucky, and the commentators were in awe of the bad luck.

Read >>32114197. You play more games online. Unlikely stuff happens in large samples.
>>
>>32113096
>hide your name but not your opponents
gj
>>
>>32114522
>I need 100% undeniable proof of rigged coinflips/draws or you're a madman spouting the world is ending
>statistical probability doesn't count because it's anecdotal
This is how retarded you sound
>>
>>32114505
But why?
RNG is so much less work for the developers than each hand in your deck being mapped for the least likely to provide you with a win, and then dealing you those hands

I cannot believe that a project manager would agree to make the game less accurate to real life play, especially if it adds so much extra work

However, I can see how passionate you are, and that I won't convince you, so I'll just stop here
>>
>>32114582

I'm not saying statistical probability doesn't count; I'm saying the exact opposite. Literally the ONLY thing I want is the data from your testing.
>>
>>32114505
While that guy you're replying to is paranoid your entire post is horseshit. If you can measure it, you can do statistics on it.
>>
>>32114604

>While that guy you're replying to is paranoid

You have it backwards. That guy is saying it's all rigged against him. I asked for the stats, bu he said there's no point because stats are meaningless.

>>32114595

>I'll just stop here

I think that's a smart choice my friend. As a maths undergard, he's driving me nuts with his complete dismissal of statistics.
>>
bake a new bread, we're on page 8
>>
>>32114682
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.