[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgcg/ - VGC General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 29

File: vgc.jpg (133KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vgc.jpg
133KB, 700x1000px
Resources, videos, streams, tournament results, etc.:
pastebin.com/hXS7vqc2

old thread that you fucks let die: >>31831182
>>
>made team ready for feb competition
>lose with it on battle spot

Why is this thread so dead when a massive online competition is held tomorrow? Don't you want your megastones?
>>
>>31883492
They'll enter, forfeit three times and be done with it. That's why, they want the megastones, not to compete.
>>
>tfw they started doing entry fees
I probably would go to St. Louis regionals if there weren't a $30 paywall
>>
>>31883505
>when you inject a competitive team made up of ou just to forfeit three times
>>
File: C5Ex4z5VMAAirRd.jpg (253KB, 1044x1148px) Image search: [Google]
C5Ex4z5VMAAirRd.jpg
253KB, 1044x1148px
local fire pupper can't be stopped
>>
File: reigen excite.png (275KB, 733x698px) Image search: [Google]
reigen excite.png
275KB, 733x698px
>>31883566
>Money prizes

Fuck dude, I might have to pick up VGC. I'm so used to yugioh's horrible prize support that ANY prize that isn't a shitty card is incredible
>>
>>31883566
I'm surprised how little kartana there was in the top 16.
>>
File: 1468273293695.png (80KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468273293695.png
80KB, 204x190px
>>31883566
>#1 team is vastly different from all the others
>Literally the only team that doesn't have any Tapus, UBs, Arcanine or Garchomp
Anti-meta bros shitting on copypaste plebs yet again
>>
>>31883875
>being retarded
>>
>>31883875
It's a really interesting team, actually.

>Araquanid to shit on cancer pupper
>Magnezone to get rid of those pesky Celesteelas and Kartanas
>Hariyama to take care of ducke and other misc. threats
>Snorlax to wall literally every popular special attacker and deal beeg dommage

It's an anti-meta team to its core, I really like it.
>>
>>31883566
>cheat in a game for children
>win money
Really makes you think, huh...
>>
>>31883566
fucking disgusting fire doge
>>
>>31884036
>cheating
wat
is this bait?
>>
Will the international challenge lock your battle box? I can't figure out a team I want to use, it'd be nice if I could make changes if needed.
>>
>>31885147
yes
>>
>>31883492

I just threw together a shitty electric team with Koko and A-Raichu. I just want the mega stones.
>>
>>31885162
well shit
>>
>>31885147
Yes, for 3 days then you get online one more time to unlock it.

That said I postponed the team preparation and don't have anything ready yet, fuck. Nihilego full SpA and Spe sounds good as a starting pokémon?
>>
>>31885181
I love nihilego. Get a celesteela to wall kartana and garchomp and something to deal with muk, porygon2, and snorlax.

I also tried out +speed beast boost nihilego. It's alright. It's already fast enough, and you won't be oneshotting kartana even if you outspeed. It can take a hit from most everything else faster (koko, ninetails).
>>
>>31883492
>Why is this thread so dead when a massive online competition is held tomorrow?
/vp/ barely gave a fuck about the last two competitions, how do you expect them to give a fuck for VGC?
>>
>>31885241
Yeah /vp/ usually stops playing after tutorial.
>>
>>31885211
Sweet, but about Celesteela what are good natures for it anyways? I have seen everything from relaxed, sassy, adamant to modest so I'm at a loss here. Is it able to hit back threats such as Magnezone or I need to play the sit and stall game everytime?

Wew, at least I have until Sunday to get things ready but fuck, time sure flies.
>>
>>31885181
>I postponed the team preparation
I'm kind of on the same boat except I had already a team ready on showdown. Been breeding all day but only managed to breed a good mudbray. My autism says they should all be max IV, but I guess I won't be able to before tomorrow.
>>
>>31883581
I'm pretty sure Pokémon still has tiny cash prizes compared to other eSports.
>>
>>31885267
Nature can be whatever. It can't go toe to toe with magnezone, no.
>>
>>31883492
Because /vp/ is shit at competitive

Even the people on these very same threads are shit at competitive

Also, everyone here is too much of an autist to go to live events and VGC is 99% live events
>>
File: 1285380447527.png (58KB, 476x296px) Image search: [Google]
1285380447527.png
58KB, 476x296px
>>31885397
>Also, everyone here is too much of an autist to go to live events and VGC is 99% live events
speak for yourself, I've been to four so far and am going to a fifth this weekend
>>
>>31885458
Where do you live? I might go to some event if everything wasn't 50+ miles for a fucking premier challenge.
>>
>>31885503
manchester, UK
>>
>>31885512
Why are UK events always so shit? I've literally never heard a single good thing about an event ran at the UK in like 5 years. What's wrong with your people? I can't even blame Muhammad because that's a relatively decent thing in comparison.
>>
>>31885397
>>31885458
I wish VGC tournaments were held at my country.
>>
>>31885576
As far as I know of the only two that were remarkably bad were the nationals for 2014 and 2015, ran by a group called gordion knot who no longer hosts any VGC events.

The main tournament in the london international a few months ago was ran very well. The MSS on sunday however was a complete shitshow, but that was mostly because nobody had the vgc rules downloaded on their 3ds yet and the wifi didn't work very well.

I'm also planning on going to the sheffield regionals in a week.
>>
>>31885600
Which shithole are you from anon?
>>
>>31885665
Finland
>>
>>31885693
Finland here too, lets go to Sweden next month dude, its the closest we have had an actual tournament.
>>
>>31885693
Chances are you have events in there, but they aren't well known. I mean, if even Central American countries have events, Finalnd should have too.
>>
>>31885814
Not him but dude we really don't have any, I personally asked for some couple years back and we actually got one premier challenge or whatever it is, the lowest form of tournament that you can have. And we haven't ever had any other vgc tournaments here, we might get some pc's this year again but that's it, we do finally have one regional coming up next month in Sweden thought so its fairly close.
>>
>this thread dies
>there are 5 Lillieposting threads and 3 furry threads

You guys had one job. Please at least let me pretend you guys give a shit about competitive battling.
>>
File: CixBT79UkAA6QyD.png orig.png (392KB, 687x988px) Image search: [Google]
CixBT79UkAA6QyD.png orig.png
392KB, 687x988px
>>31885693
>>31885788
>>31885868
If there's no community how about trying to build one yourselves? More often than not it happens that there's enough people to start something, but not someone with enough balls to take the lead and are waiting for someone else to do everything.

There's two of you already, for all you know there's a bunch of other people like you planning to go to Sweden to play as well. Try to round up those people when you go play there. You two also stay in contact as well.
>>
>>31885920
There's Pokémon Leagues already. They are mostly kids and TCG players though. Some have tried to organize VGC tournaments but higher ups won't let them.
>>
>>31885920
I have "token the lead" already by actually getting the first pc for Finland and making a facebook group that has 33 people so that's something, I just can't organize any tournaments by myself since I live in small city that prolly doesn't have any other vgc players besides me.

And also I played my first IRL tournament on December on London, asked people to join me but no one could come since there was way too little time thanks the tournament being just few weeks after the launch, even I couldn't finish making my team (but went 5-4 anyway so not too bad).
>>
>>31886012
Can you link the FB page?
>>
>>31886033
just search for PokemonVGCSuomi
>>
>>31886007
>Some have tried to organize VGC tournaments but higher ups won't let them.
Looks like you are fucked.

I don't remember where, I think it was some SA place, I think it was Argentina or Chile, where the one with a grip on tournaments was jerk who organized everything with his ass, never let anyone else organize anything and organized tournaments only for his own profit.

If there's such a person putting a wall then you might as well give up.
>>
I want to start playing VGC. I just want to know if Tapus are more easier to face in doubles and where should I look for EV spreads for this meta.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170220-155238.png (876KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170220-155238.png
876KB, 2560x1440px
PSA!

If you run Sash Kartana, please kys.
>>
>>31886841
I agree. AV is better in just about every way.
>>
>>31886806
Tapus Garchomp etc. are still great in doubles.

Smogon has some sets for VGC, though you generally can't do much wrong with 252/252 spreads
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/arcanine/
>>
If only Electrode were allowed, it'd be wrecking Fini's day with a single Electro Ball to the face.

Running a bizarre sand team. Krookodile and Mismagius, I find, pair nicely with each other.
>>
>>31886968
I was considering mismagius since it's a fast special attacker and both of mine are slow, and it also levitates.
Also, I haven't done damage calcs but I had an alolan raichu in electric terrain oneshot my muk with electro ball.
>>
I've seen it all. Today I faced a Weakness Policy Kartana. You guys really need to step up your memes, you're being left behind.
>>
>>31887266
I saw, and lost to, a quick claw gigalith yesterday.

People should run quick claw on everything. You move before scarfed things while still being able to switch moves, and you also move first in trick room
>>
>>31887684
Funnily enough, you also move before the "The match was forfeited" message.
>>
>MH2G-WWWW-WWW5-JJT7

This is the most retarded win i've ever had

got my 3 matches done, 2 wins 1 loss, i feel happy desu
>>
>>31887702
Just to rub salt in the wound. What would happen if they quick claw pokemon KOed whatever remained? Would it be a forfeit, or a loss?
>>
>>31887725
Well, you don't actually make a move, it's just that the Quick Claw animation and its message saying the Pokemon moved first does appear.
>>
What are some good partners for Araquanid?
>>
going 11-4 on the IC, honestly better than I expected, especially considering that 2 of my loses were to freeze and crit respectively.
how yo vgcbros doing?
>>
>>31889072
I only got 4 games before I stopped because I'm too tired to play. Went 4-0 though, since I luckily got matched with two turn-one-forfeit people.
>>
>>31889072
My first two battles were against somebody with an ingame team, and another with leftovers outrage garchomp.
>>
>>31889072
7-0 so far. Wouldn't have won some of them without some lucky crits, or a gastodon missing muddy water 3 times in a row. I don't know why it had muddy water instead of scald, but whatever.
>>
>go 8-0 for first games
>whoa! this is pretty epic!
>lose most of the next games because I start firing off Z-moves willy nilly for kills
;-;
>>
You know what'd be great? PGL stats recording usage for each country
>>
>>31883566
Why is fire doge so strong again?
>>
>>31890244
it's not so much that it's strong, it's just a good glue mon that's incredibly versatile and fills a lot of holes in teams. It's not broken or centralising, it's just a very good and consistent mon
>>
Best combination for Psych Up pokémon?
>>
>>31890895
Fini + Metagross
>>
>>31890895
Eevee team or mimikyu+bellylax
>>
File: best magician.png (135KB, 409x415px) Image search: [Google]
best magician.png
135KB, 409x415px
>>31887057
I run Mismagius, usually paired with my Krookodile. I can definitely tell ya that Mismagius is worth it most of the time.
>>
>>31890977
My team is a bit different. Right now for the international challenge I'm using mimikyu to counter lax, lele, that sort of thing.
Don't know if mismag would suit my team or not. I know it also gets trick room but I think it's too fast and I enjoy having the utility.
>>
>>31883916
>Magnezone to get rid of those pesky Celesteelas and Kartanas
>Kartana
Uh what?

He runs a Speczone with Sturdy and HP Ground, that pretty much loses to most variations of Sash or AV Kartana.

I'm pretty sure it's more to give him a decent option against the Fairy guardians as every single one is crippled or killed by it whilst being unable to kill zone. The HP Ground makes it even more obvious as it gives it a option to deal with A-Wak cockblocking it.
>>
>>31890977
How do you run Magius? Levitate + EQ and the option to Skill Swap + Intimidate I assume since it's the only half decent one available?
>>
I'm just about ready to register my team for the battle competition, but I'm sitting on a level 98 Tapu Koko that I've been trying to get hyper trained because its defense and speed subpar. Can anyone spot me a Rare Candy or two so I can top him off before I battle?
>>
what does zen headbutt hit on tapu bulu? should i run it over anything else?
>>
>>31891335
It hits absolute shit all.

The only coverage moves Bulu should ever run are Superpower or Nature Madness simply because of how hard it's Grass STAB hits.
>>
>>31891125
Go talk to the cafe guy in the Pokemon Centers, he sometimes gives you one. Also, if you participated in the global mission, you get 5 of them as a gift.
>>
>>31891560
I think I've exhausted all of the cafe handouts. I registered for the mission but didn't do any trades for it, so I got no bonus, just the FC.
>>
>>31890244
Not particularly strong, but good for a number of reasons.
It's the most versatile fire type in the format since it has intimidate, can be quite bulky, and has a pretty good supportive and offensive movepool.
You can run it bulky with 50% berry andFlamethrower, Snarl, Will o Wisp, Protect/Roar, or go full offensive with Z-move/ChoiceBand Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Extreme Speed, Protect/Close Combat; and of course everything in between those two roles.
>>
>>31891053

I've seen Z-DBond run to good effect. It's faster than a lot of the metagame, so there's a good chance you're taking something down with you.

>>31891713

If you have a Restaurant in your Festival Plaza you can level it up there.
>>
>>31883234
>VGC 2014
Holy shit, its been this long already? No way that happened ~3 years ago.
>>
Is there a new injection thread up anywhere?
>>
>start with a good streak in the IC
>come back after a few hours
>lose 3 in a row
I hate this game
>>
fucking rock slide
>>
Running the meme z hypnosis set on xurkitree, completely btfos unprapered teams
>>
>>31884036
who are you accusing of cheating, anon?
>>
>>31885285
>My autism says they should all be max IV
yes, 6IV mudsdale is REQUIRED....
If you have less than 30 in a used stat, though, you dun fucked up.
>>
>>31893294
>I've seen Z-DBond run to good effect. It's faster than a lot of the metagame, so there's a good chance you're taking something down with you.
I don't know about you but 105 is still a bit too low for my liking plus it seems a complete waste to run something which can only die.

Why would I run it for ZBond over say Gengar then?
>>
>grab ragtag team of trained pokemon
>adapt to doubles play
>get murdered by japs

I failed you /vgcg/
>>
>can't use a locked team on Battle Spot
Seriously?
>>
>14/14 on BS due to shitty internet, bad plays and playing during japan hours
>7/0 in the IC
all with the same team, what the fug
>>
>>31893576
because disguise
>>
>>31893536
>Opponent had Xurkitree and Alolan Raichu in the preview
>Expected Z-Electric Terrain shenanigans
>He sends out Xurkitree and Pheremosa
>Tries to Thunderbolt my Araquanid, Alolak absorbed it
>Pheremosa used Poison Jab on Araquanid, then got bone'd
>Xurkitree barely lives a Liquidation
That first turn did not go how I expected it to on several levels.
>>
>>31893690
>Gengar now has Disguise
Okay clearly you're full of shit.
>>
>>31893607
You can just make a battle team 2 with the same pokemon. If you want to make a different team though, and you need an item from your locked team, you're fucked.
>>
>>31893735
no I'm answering why you would run mimikyu over gengar for z-bond. Yes, gengar is faster, yes, gengar shits on tapus, and yes, they both get trick room. But the reason why you use mimikyu instead is because disguise is an amazing ability
>>
>you played the maximum amount of matches today
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>31893775
you can only play 15 per day, but unplayed matches carry over to the next day
>>
>>31893775
Exactly as it says, first competition?
>>
>>31893755
The original topic was Mismagius vs Gengar, you're just going off on your own tangent for some reason talking about something utterly unrelated.
>>
File: CqU1bUYVYAAZfqb.jpg (39KB, 593x658px) Image search: [Google]
CqU1bUYVYAAZfqb.jpg
39KB, 593x658px
>>31893838
shit, my bad, I misread mismagius as mimikyu for some reason
>>
>>31893536
>z-hypnosis boosts SPEED
I've been maining xurkitree from november to like yesterday and I notice this only now. I feel so stupid
>>
File: 1366117602477s.jpg (3KB, 105x125px) Image search: [Google]
1366117602477s.jpg
3KB, 105x125px
Does anyone know how do the judges do the hack-check? I'm going to my first event tomorrow and I'm a bit scared.

Do they have any special software, or do they just check if everything in your trainer sheet matches your team?
>>
>>31894093
Fuck off cheater were not teeling you.
>>
>>31894093
if it's a premier challenge, they just connect you to battle spot and see if it lets you use the team there
>>
http://pastebin.com/sF3x3F5j

Are there any glaring problems with
my team or do I just need to buckle down and get good?
>>
>>31894214
Toxic on por2 seems lame when you're running fini.
Also where is that fini spread from?

The rest looks fine. Nothing glaringly bad.

Are you still losing a lot, with that team?

if so, yeah... no offense, but git gud.
It might be as simple as the doubles format; I know when I switched from singles it took me ages to accurately learn how to read/predict and stuff..
>>
>>31894093
Injector fag here. If you use injected pokemon for tournaments, you're actual scum. At least inject perfect parents and then breed you cuck.
>>
>>31894245
>he doesn't know all of the other pokemon at tournaments are all straight up injected
eat shit
>>
>>31894093
In the PC and MS I went they simply check your team sheet and connect to the internet to go on battlespot and see if the team pass.

>>31894245
There is literally nothing wrong with injecting.
>>
>>31894214
Get a new Fini set and switch to the AV Kartana set and the team should be aight, I don't like WP on Gigalith personally but if it works for you that's fine I guess.
>>
How many battle videos can you store?
>>
>>31894309
I think it's just as many as your SD card can hold.
>>
>>31894309
>>31894338
actually 100
>>
>>31894384
Sweet.
>>
>>31894304
I can try Taunt Fini or Specs Fini I guess, but AV Kartana doesn't seem as good as Sash Kartana. What's the benefit?
>>
Went 12-3 (1615+) today. One loss was because of a crit, but my party wasn't the best for the Pokemon my opponent brought so it's alright. It was pretty fun though, and I'm excited to play tomorrow.

What about you guys?
>>
>>31894093
if it goes through the battlespot check and you don't have any impossible pokeballs, you're okay. just make sure you filled the team sheet correctly.
also, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to see anything other than your team.
>>
>>31894693
12-3 as well. One of the losses was a random disconnect before the battle began, didn't think it was me but they marked me down for it.
>>
>>31894733
If you get marked down for it then it was on your end, they finally bothered to put that D/C checking in Gen 6.

Gen 5 IC's were unholy pure bullshit because it didn't bother checking who D/C'd.
>>
>>31894631
>AV Kartana doesn't seem as good as Sash Kartana. What's the benefit?

the benefit is that you can use focus sash on another pokémon in your team
>>
>>31894631
Not that guy, but I like AV because you can take two porygon2 ice beams (with a download boost). You also wall specs fini pretty hard. My team has trouble with both of them, so AV kartana is more useful.
>>
>>31895549
But nothing else on my team needs sash???
>>
>>31883566
THANK YOU PUPPER
>>
>>31896024
Your team is very Fini weak, AV Kartana counters Fini hard.
>>
>>31897593
I mean. I guess.

What's the best Fini set? Specs or CM?
>>
>>31897754
Calm Mind by far.
>>
>>31897754
CM / Taunt probably, specs Fini isn't too good imo
>>
I just got memed on by a Weakness Policy Tapu Koko. What the fuck. Is WP the new Scarf now?
>>
>just have to attack with both my mons to win
>get frozen

>I can take this and KO back for the win
>crit

>opponent in the 1500s, feel good in team preview
>disconnect

Well, rip my rating. Was good practice at least, right?
>>
http://www.trainertower.com/shoma-honami-the-enigma/

A bunch of pretty good information about the Japanese circuit. You have to really admire their grassroots efforts and how they still manage to dominate worlds all the time despite such ridiculously hard qualifying method.
>>
>>31899237
>Forgot Marowak was a ghost
0/10 shit player

yes, I know the rest of the article is basically explaining how hard it is for him
>>
>>31899237
speaking of nips
twitch dot tv slash masavampharos

some grassroots japanase tour on stream, top 8 coming soon
>>
>>31899456
I wish more Japanese stuff would have commentary. Not that I can understand it, but still.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1446x772px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1446x772px
>>31899456
Pretty nice team on the left

Cute Chicken-chan too
>>
>>31899237
>dominate worlds all the time
>all the time
aside from vgc15 I wouldn't say they dominated worlds
>>
>frost breath sub sonic
gotta love japan
>>
>>31899499
>Made it to Top 8
>Just won the battle
Well, crazy as it sound it's clearly working.
>>
>>31899485
>Japan dominates Worlds the only time their fucked up circuits actually lets them bring a normal amount of people rather than an amount you can count in one hand
Really makes you think.
>>
>>31899509
>best of 1 tournament
aka meme central and "guess where's the scarf: the game, the movie, the musical, on ice"
>>
>>31899512
I agree their circuit is fucked up, but there's still a difference. Even previous years with a good amount of players they failed to 'dominate'
>>
Top 4 is starting
>>
>Match winner is decided with a Kartana speedtie
Every fucking tiem.
>>
finals just started
>>
>>31899764
welp, that's the worst fucking match I've ever seen
>>
>>31899484
I keep wanting to use Lucario but its damage calcs are so much less impressive than I expect

252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 92 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 120-144 (62.8 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 68 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 204-240 (83.6 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery
252 Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 68-84 (40.9 - 50.6%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ninetales-Alola through Reflect: 106-127 (71.1 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Final Gambit, Follow Me, Heal Pulse, Feint, Extremespeed and Quick Guard are such fun moves though
>>
>>31899835
it fills a niche as a good support mon, but offensively it's just a worse pheromosa
>>
>>31899835
>252 Atk Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 68-84 (40.9 - 50.6%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
>Bullet Punch vs Tapu Lele
You'd best be packing your own terrain setter.
>>
>>31899835
Luke is honestly kind of a irritating trick of all trades master of nothing in this meta, typing wise it should be perfect, it's one of the few Fighting types who gets a offensive option against fairies.

But then Lele exists and it has a whole 5 speed over it rendering it useless.

As it stands Scizor offers much better power on Bullet Punch and defenses with Feint and Quick Guard as options.

>252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 166-198 (100 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Metagross offers a harder hitting Steel/Fighting offense with Z-Hammer Arm that can take a hit.

>252+ Atk Metagross All-Out Pummeling (180 BP) vs. 68 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 254-300 (104 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Arcanine is the better ESpeed user since it can take a hit and run the move as an afterthought because it's got nothing better to do and Dragonite is a stronger less useful choice.

Both Primeape and Dugtrio are faster Final Gambit users and speed is the only thing that matters with that move.

Comfey is a far superior support healing option with a stupid amount of options and able to function both in and outside of TR thanks to priority + 100 base speed and all round defenses.

Even re-direction is better performed by Clefairy who offers Friend Guard, multiple forms of re-diretcion and healing and massive defenses, would you believe even Kartana can't kill the thing? Or Clefable who can serve as a BP/BD counter with Unaware whilst being able to do everything Clefairy can with slightly less bulk.

Considering that Luke can only do one of those roles, you're just simply better off picking of those and sticking to it.
>>
I just started getting into VGC, only played OU until now. What do i have to know?
>>
>>31883875
>team brilliantly crafted as a a counter to the laziness of trick room counterplay

>dumbed down to "le epic diversity" by karenfags online

i feel bad for Gavin
>>
>>31891043
with TR up, magnezone will 2hko kartana with specs thunderbolt or HP ground, and he can take at least one sacred sword without dying.
>>
Okay, but what if

Relaxed Alolawak
>>
>>31901277
Put Protect on everything, use strong Pokémon, start playing.
>>
>>31901277
- hazards are bad
- set up moves are uncommon
- put protect on anything that isn't choiced or needs all four moves for support
- stall doesn't exist
- the only good "walls" are mixed walls that can support their partner instead of just pressing toxic + recover
- don't fucking use toxapex it's bad
>>
libertygarden is streaming
>>
Since I can't into American times, do you know when exactly is the invitational tournament starting? How many hours from now?
>>
>14-3 on the IC with porygon-z
I guess now I will start yo-yoing between wins and losses
>>
File: 1376594115707s.jpg (5KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1376594115707s.jpg
5KB, 200x198px
I went to my first ever VGC event today (a PC) and I ended up 3rd.
>>
>>31903048
Out of what, 3 people?
>>
>>31903059
>>
>>31903048
i won a torney last week
out of 18 people
>>
>>31903048
well done anon. keep it up. what did you use? and where are you from?
>>
Latest BO1 Japanese memes: Trick Room, Grassy Seed Nihilego.
>>
>>31903431
I really shouldn't post when I'm lagged as hell. Fug.
>>
>>31903388
While I do like bulky nihilego, that's just not worth it, unless you ahve a bunch of intimidators around
>>
are you watching the huge dicksucking jamboree going on on twitch in a few mins also known as the geico invitational?
>>
Quick. Does Tectonic Rage's damage output gets reduced in Grassy Terrain?
>>
>>31903672
no, grassy terrain only reduces the damage of spread ground moves
>>
Everybody says toxapex is bad, but I always have trouble with it. I normally don't see any, but thanks to a bunch of shitters doing the international challenge, I see them all the time. SD mimikyu is annoying too.
>>
>>31903925
It has no power to do anything resembling damage so most things can ignore it, it lacks offensive or disruptive support moves and the two most dominating centerpieces of this entire meta in Lele and Koko both shit all over it left, right and center.

If you really want a Poison/Water type than Tentacruel is a superior option as it actually beats Lele.
>>
>>31903925
It's main problem is the lacking supportive movepool. I'ts bulky, but offensively it does nothing, and supportively it can only Wide Guard, which can be done better by other mons. If it had any other moves to set it apart from other mons, maybe it would be worthwhile
>>
>invitational tournament
>3 previous world champions, yoshi, cybetron, ogloza, enosh
>and literally who
I get why that guy is in there, but man he's gonna get destroyed. Hopefully this works and gets more people to play VGC
>>
>>31904669
funny how they invited wolfe's buttbuddy as the europe rep but no sign of the only european world champion
>>
>>31903699
No, it reduces earthquake, earth power, and bulldoze. Just check bulbapedia or serebii
>>
>>31904808
>earth power
No, it's earthquake, bulldoze, and magnitude. Earth power is unaffected. YOU check bulbapedia or serebii.
>>
>>31904769
To be fair, Markus is one of the best players in the world, and thanks to youtube is at least as recognizable as Arash. Also, I'm not sure if Arash has a capture card, which would be a requirement to have a good stream. Of course, I'd prefer having Arash over Ogloza, aDrive or even Enosh. Also, I'd argue Wolfey is Markus's buttbudy and no the other way around

>>31904808
it doesn't reduce earth power, just EQ, bulldoze and magnitude
>>
>tfw you only get matched with sub 1480s players so you can't get out of the 1600s

Feels bad man.
>>
>>31883234
>livestream is shitty as fuck: low-quality webcams, unnecessary playercams, shitty mics, 20 minutes spent explaining "muh storylines" and the literal basic rules

>two of the invitees were invited solely for their youtube fanbase, being either vgc has-beens or vgc nobodies

>milking sejun for every drop even though le epic pachirisu was three years ago

dude esports lmao
>>
>>31905028
>losing 3k veiwers in the first half hour
>>
>>31904066
>>31904125
Just faced another one, and yeah, leaving it alone and targeting everything else worked pretty well.
>>
JUSTin carris
>>
Justin Carris looks like he hasn't slept for a week. Holy shit.

Also rip Sejun. I'm glad he lost though, since he's overrated as fuck.
>>
>>31905242
why hate on the chink man? he's legit a good player
>>
>>31905289
He's not nearly as good as the casuals think he is, yet they keep sucking his dick because muh electric squirrel.
>>
>>31905317
a similar point could be made with cybertron, you know
>>
>>31905355
Not to the same extent. Even so, I wasn't really rooting for Aaron.
>>
>>31905404
yeah, zheng hasn't even won worlds
>>
>wolfe using exxeggutor
I hope he faces shoma honami and gets completely destroyed on stream
>>
>the literal who has the most generic team so far
>>
Did someone kill Wolfe's mom?
>>
>>31904769
>>31904846
Isn't Arash still butthurt about the UK International? I assumed that's why he's not playing on this.
>>
>>31905503
I just woke up.

Which teams have they got?
>>
>>31905687
he's involved in VGC as much as ogloza and he's definitely more successful as well. But yeah he also comes off as kind of a whiny diva when things don't go his way.
>>
>>31905061
That is kind of why everyone says stall doesn't work in Doubles, you can simply ignore the staller and focus up on the actual threat.

Only stall mons which ever work are those who pack re-direction like Follow Me or Rage Powder most of which don't exist in this meta.
>>
File: Capture.png (140KB, 1100x116px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
140KB, 1100x116px
>>31905695
>>
>>31905726
whats the Mudsdale for?
>>
>>31905789
Big damage under Trick Room.
>>
>>31905710
He's always acted like an entitled asshole to be honest. Like if he deserves guaranteed top cut because he won Worlds and anything else wouldn't be worthy of him. Pretty self-absorbed. He's a good player indeed but that attitude won't get him anywhere.

Well, to be fair, I can't fault him for being butthurt about this year circuit. Yurop got specially fucked this year.
>>
I went 5/3 today, mostly due to fucking up on reads or not picking the right Pokémon, but regardless, what should I change about my team?

http://pastebin.com/23AY1d8N
>>
File: 1488040972190.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488040972190.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>31905892
>4 Z-Stones
>>
>>31905892
The thing that jumps out at me is too many Z moves. I don't see any glaring flaws otherwise. What pokemon do you have trouble with?
>>
wolfe is playing like a complete idiot, also what the hell is that team, he has literaly no reliable wincon
>>
do you think wolfe will cry if he loses?
>>
>>31905925
I'm having trouble thinking of actual items to give some of these Pokémon.

Problems I'm having trouble with are Koko and Chomp.
>>
>>31905929
Gotta bank on memes and muh variety for appeal. He wouldn't be using Exeggutor at all if not for that.
>>
>>31905937
Well the most obvious possible change is a recovery berry of some sort on Arcanine to keep it in the game longer and offset the recoil damage.

I don't even have a clue why you have that Mimikyu, it does nothing for that team.
>>
>>31905937
Life Orb on Arcanine and Assault Vest on Gigalith maybe? Might want to change the latter's spread though.

>>31905956
Well to be fair, this is a tournament made to get as much exposure to the general public, so not having every team full of generic mons could help.
>>
>wolfe uses alolan exeggutor
>gets absolutely buttblasted by a random

diversityfags on suicide watch
>>
>>31905937
Sitrus/figy works pretty well on arcanine. You could try scarf or AV on garchomp (moving sash to kartana). Dunno about mimikyu. Weakness policy would probably work better on gigalith, leftovers on fini. I forget how bulky gigalith is, so celesteela heavy slams or fini muddy waters only do about a third.

AV on chomp would also help against koko. I use 84 spdef on mine, which survives two life orb dazzling gleams, or a twinkle tackle.
>>
>>31905933
He looked like he was going to
>>
File: when you lose to a shiny hunter.png (80KB, 295x191px) Image search: [Google]
when you lose to a shiny hunter.png
80KB, 295x191px
>>
File: Screenshot at Feb 25 19-04-13.png (52KB, 257x161px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Feb 25 19-04-13.png
52KB, 257x161px
JUST
>>
>>31906009
And yeah, I agree with the other guy that mimikyu doesn't do much for you. Porygon also sets TR and could help against garchomp.
>>
>>31906021
he looks like he wants people to leave britney alone
>>
File: 1276355054917.jpg (23KB, 227x195px) Image search: [Google]
1276355054917.jpg
23KB, 227x195px
>>31906021
>>31906024
>B-But I was supposed to become the king of e-sports!
>>
It was totally scripted guys! It makes so much sense that he let himself lose to the shiny hunter since it gives way too much hype! Perfect for this event.

No, I'm not serious. But congrats to the guy since he played very well for being new.
>>
>>31905994
I'll try that thanks. I might try a more defensive Arcanine as well but it feels like a moot point.
>>
what's next? shoma v ogloza?
>>
Where do you find results for Asian tournaments? I'm kinda curious so I can start memeing even harder.
>>
>>31906098
Hatena blogs.
>>
>>31906098
Amalgame, but you have to pay a few eSports shekels
>>
Offensive or defensive Arcanine when paired with Fini?
>>
>>31906177
depends on your team, both work. also depends if the fini is CM or Specs
>>
>>31906226
CM fini
>>
>>31905956
Exeggutor is one of his favorites, man, if not his chosen favorite. Exeggutor can work, you just need a team built around it, it's not something you can throw in like p2 or mimikyu for trick room support. Wolfe's problem is that his only special attacker is fini, his entire team is super weak to intimidate spam and he made it really obvious he can't hit gyarados super effectively at all.
>>
>>31906250
That's why I'm saying he's using it for muh variety's sake. He didn't set-up something proper to use the thing and behold, btfo by a fucking shiny hunter.
>>
>>31906268
Adrive isn't solely a shiny hunter, it's just what he's known for. Wolfe misplayed like hell too, leaving in mudsdale at -2 and bringing it in the first place was a huge error games two and three.
>>
>>31906237
offensive arc
>>
>>31906292
Well, either way, I hope this was a good wake-up call for him. God knows he needed one considering how he's had his head up his all this year so far with his holier than thou I'm da best and know better than you attitude.
>>
That sudoku from Aaron.
>>
>>31906317
Yeah, you could see how salty he's been getting recently when he losses. He'll have to actually think if and when he goes to worlds, and stop worrying so much about people figuring out his teams.
>>
Man, aDrive's fans are cancerous as fuck, but I gotta admit he's playing very well.
>>
Where's the stream? I'm too retarded to find it from the pastebin.
>>
Garchomp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 28 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Fire Fang

How's this look for an AV chomp
>>
>>31906472
I'd drop Doragon Kurou for Rock Slide desu
>>
>>31906471
/onenationofgamers on Twitch,
>>
>Cybertron has a The Last of Us poster
Wew

Talk about shit taste
>>
>CybertronVCG : Guys can you please not spam the chat. My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spamed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then dont spam the chat.

Kek, he's joining the counterspam.
>>
I want at least one Z move on my team. Arcanine or Gigalith?
>>
>>31906545
>vcg
>>
FLINCH
L
I
N
C
H
>>
>>31906558
oops
>>
This drive guy has been a pleasant surprise, I'm amazed at how he's actually been pulling his weight.
>>
>Crit Hydro Vortex on full HP P2
>Flinch on Fini the same turn
Wew lad

Could Adrive actually win this thing? He's been BTFO'ing the shit out of everyone.
>>
>>31906754
Aaron was ahead of him the whole time.
>>
>>31906625
>newcomer in a group with Wolfey, Sejun and Cybertron
>goes on undefeated
nice
>>
>>31906754
Didn't the p2 not have it's eviolite?
Someone do some calcs.
>>
>>31906760
Kinda. He wouldn't have won if not for that crit.
>>
>>31906782
It might not have mattered:

+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Porygon2: 169-199 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
>>
>>31906826
Looks like the crit was meaningless then. No way in hell Aaron was running that.
>>
File: Narcissawright[1].jpg (48KB, 314x340px) Image search: [Google]
Narcissawright[1].jpg
48KB, 314x340px
When will Aaron start his transition?
>>
Who's betting on Wolfe getting assfucked? He sucks at this format.
>>
>>31906926
I'll always find it amusing how he finally won Worlds at the arguably most offensive format we've ever had when he's always complaining about how much he dislikes muh offense and how offensive the game gets with every entry.
>>
I'm glad the meme squirrel is not allowed in this format. I'm certain they would've forced Sejun to use it for maximum memery.
>>
>>31906547
I've seen Arcanine run Z-Wild Charge to counter Milotic.
>>
>>31907019
It's for Fini, I think, not for Milotic (although that works as well)
>>
>>31906852
for the record, Gavin's regionals P2 was running that spread.
>>
>>31907061
Gavin has autism.
>>
>>31907133
implying that's a bad thing
>>
Wolfe about to khs
>>
told ya
>>
>>31906472
I think I have 84 Sdef on my chomp to hit something like living through all ice beams/hp ice and moonblast from LO Lele
>>
Is OGOD going to do group B too? If so, we'll be here forever.
>>
Jesus Christ adrive is annoying
>>
>>31907812
Yeah, his voice pierces my skull.
>>
File: 1483082117557.png (226KB, 778x675px) Image search: [Google]
1483082117557.png
226KB, 778x675px
I'm Ogloza is getting rekt. Fucking faggot doing calcs during a competition.
>>
>>31905711
Cosmic power, toxic, wish, protect clefairy
>>
>>31906547
>Z stockpile araquanid
>>
>>31906547
Arcanine if it's offensive. I don't like risking my Z-moves on slow Pokémon.
>>
>>31908228
z-moves are 100% accurate
>>
http://pastebin.com/31UKCtmJ

Took your guys advice.

What now?
>>
>>31908528
go test it out
>>
>>31908448
Only for offensive moves.
>>
>>31908569
I did.

1/3

I lost all my games because of trick room and Araquanid
>>
>>31908623
Just need practice then. Fini is pretty good against araquanid, you can just calm mind in its face. Wild charge from arcanine and gigalith are good against it in and out of TR.
>>
>>31908448
I mean your foe taking out gigalith before it has a chance to attack.
>>
is enosh gay
>>
>>31908878
Enosh is a jew.
>>
I give up. I'll never be good at this.
>>
>>31909016
Cheer up anon. Try a cookie cutter QR team next time.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 283x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 283x535px
Chilean MSS (Antofagasta) Top 8
The winner won a paid trip to Brazil's International Challenge.
Yes, Ash and Serena are a couple
>>
Shoma is a fucking god, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>31909671
>>31909016
W-What happened?
>>
File: Untitled.png (282KB, 435x426px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
282KB, 435x426px
Shoma's Chicken is real damn cute.
>>
jew got lucky and won, those last turns were bullshit
>>
>>31909814
>My face when jews clap when they get hax
>>
File: 1441863082501.jpg (45KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1441863082501.jpg
45KB, 429x410px
>>31909831
>>
https://therazzsite.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/growing-the-game-what-is-esports-and-is-it-right-for-pokemon/

some nice exposure of the bullshit behind this whole "eSports" craze in VGC
>>
>>31910829
Good blogpost. This Zog guy is pretty level-headed always writes good shit.
>>
File: 817.png (323KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
817.png
323KB, 400x368px
Opinions on Assault Vest Celesteela? I need a Flamethrower user that isn't Cancer Pupper. Heres my team so far.

Vikavolt
Milotic
Garchomp
Celesteela
Tapu Lele
Nihilego
>>
>>31912038
It's really good. Flash Canon, air slash, fire blast/flamethrower, giga drain. Beats it's mirrors, beats Tapus, and beats gastrodon
>>
>>31907984
Please even Minimize Moody Muk works better than that.
>>
>going from 14-3 to 14-7 on the IC
welp, there goes my run
>>
how did group B go?
>>
>>31912823
Ogloza got BTFO'd hard. Enosh got lucky against Shoma. Yoshi... I don't even remember since the matches were boring.
>>
>>31913136
So I guess the deciding match will be Shoma v Yoshi? Hope Shoma wins it.
>>
>>31912038
>I need a Flamethrower user that isn't Cancer Pupper.

don't be a diversityfag and just use arcanine you retard
>>
29 wins, 11 losses in total. This was a lot more fun than I expected.
>>
>>31913157
Same. Shoma's plays are absolutely brilliant, and he would've crush Enosh if he didn't get an accuracy drop + a crucial miss later on. He pulled incredible comebacks too.
>>
>>31913609
16 losses actully
>>
>>31883566
Can someone explain to me why Gary Q. (16th) used Murkrow? What makes it useable?
>>
>>31913829
prankster tailwind/quash + eviolite
>>
I went to a PC today and won the whole thing and came 4-0 in swiss. Ask me anything
>>
>>31915498
What's your team and what was your hardest game?
>>
>>31915518
arcanine/koko/fini/kartana/p2/gigalith, but most of those have meme sets

my hardest battle was either the one I had in the finals, which I probably only won because of a clutch crit, or my top 4 match against @thesaxladvgc, someone who I've fought many times before and never beat until today

I can upload replays if anyone's interested
>>
>>31915531
sure
>>
>>31915498
well done friend
>>
>>31915597
finals
442W-WWWW-WWW5-MCFK
V33W-WWWW-WWW5-MCFR
6JWW-WWWW-WWW5-MCG2

T4
HJXG-WWWW-WWW5-MCEV
3YZW-WWWW-WWW5-MCF4
W9LW-WWWW-WWW5-MCFC
>>
>>31915498
Congratulations!
>>
>>31915709
Honestly I don't know how you would've won the finals if you hadn't gotten all those crits in game 3.
>>
>>31916204
I feel like the only one that really mattered was the crit onto arcanine in turn 1, the game was kinda decided from there, the others just rubbed salt in the wound. But yeah, not gonna lie, that would've been a very different battle if I hadn't gotten that t1 crit.
>>
File: 1410581580097.jpg (18KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
1410581580097.jpg
18KB, 385x383px
>item activation animation
>the opposing porygon2's taunt wore off!

gg, japanese guy in the 1730s.
>>
Anyone have some ideas for a fuck you button for Koko that isn't Ground weak? Just something that can easily take a hit and threaten it back.

As much as I like running Magnezone or Marowak I need a backup option that doesn't have every Garchomp in a 5 mile radius flocking to me. Bonus points if it can just straight up threaten Chomp as well.
>>
>>31916647
goodra
>>
>>31916647
About the only thing that can deal comfortably with both is scarf flygon with draco meteor and earth power. But it's flygon.
>>
>>31916647
goodra, return p2, mudsdale
>>
>>31915531
>someone who I've fought many times before and never beat until today
Congratulations anon. I know that feeling all too well and I know how good it feels to finally be able to overcome a wall like that.
>>
File: he's dying vp....jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
he's dying vp....jpg
48KB, 400x300px
Migrate whenever:

>>31916972
>>31916972
>>31916972
>>31916972
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.