[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 43

Nasty Plot Edition

Previous Thread >>30949941

Share video codes, strategies and tips.

Share glorious victories, or crushing defeats.

Bonus points for having the balls to share videos of your failures.
>>
>>30978907
First for only scrubs think that battle tree cheats
>>
Anyone got a nice Doubles set for a timid magic bounce espeon ? I dont know if I should go for offense or screen support, and it seems to be pretty bad in doubles anyways. Rest of the team is dhelmise, bewear, offensive sylveon.

I dont even like Espeon but my boyfriend only agreed to play multi battles with me if I bred him one...
>>
>final battle against Red
>Leading with Kartana
>Red sends out Charizard
>"I could switch out, but what if..."
>Use Sacred Sword
>Charizard turns into Mega Charizard X
>Sacred Sword kills it

I also had a Garchomp that could've easily killed it, but it felt good predicting the AI like that
>>
Should I go with 252 atk/252 spe or 252 hp/252 atk on my adamant Marowak for the battle tree?
>>
Is Oranguru-Mudsdale a good combo?Setting up a Trick Room and murdering everything with Instruct Earthquakes/Rock Slides sounds fun.
>>
>>30979178
HP
>>
what are the best partners for mimikyu in singles?
and who are the best partners in multibattle? I dont have friends...
>>
>>30979798
I used Mimikyu as a lead. Swords danced almost always first move and just tried to inflict as much damage as possible. Swept often.

Other two teamates were Garchomp and Mega Metagross, those two cover each other pretty well. Hit 50 EZ PZ.
>>
>>30980802
Sounds good, but also like physical walls can screw you over. I tried going with a special kommo-o but always lost around the 30s. Thanks for the advice
>>
File: C0XckpVXAAAsHIS.jpg (217KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
C0XckpVXAAAsHIS.jpg
217KB, 1080x1440px
>caught nintendo cheating with shell smash konmo-o
>can't even upload the video
>>
File: 3b8.jpg (46KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3b8.jpg
46KB, 680x680px
I just lost a single battle at 30 runs, but when i talk to the girl again i dont get any rewards? how come.
>>
>>30980943
Something similar happened to me yesterday. Some videos can't be uploaded because there's something illegal about the opponent's Pokemon.

>>30980965
You have to wait a day.
>>
>>30980827
The idea is that by having 3 hard physical hitters like that, one wall wont stop you and the tree didn't really try to.
>>
>>30980943

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught this bullshit.
>>
>>30979011
yeah, later on in the tree, if it can mega evolve, it will

if i'd known that about gyarados i would've saved my 44 streak
>>
>>30980802
what is "gengar used hypnosis, gengar used dream eater"?
>>
>>30981903
That happened to me.
MegaMetagross woke up un the low yellow and earthquaked it.
The RNG has been kind to me.

Yesterday Primarina swept Cynthia while locked into Ice Beam.
The first hit froze her mega lucario, who stayed frozen for the three turns it took for primarina to finish it off and then take an earthquake and murder garchomp.
>>
Mimikyu, Megamence, and Tapu Lele got me the singles stamp.

What team is everyone liking for doubles?
>>
Kartana or Mimikyu as a lead for EZ 50?

I stopped at 20 to breed some more pokemone and grow more berries, but I'm wondering if Kartana may be better, since I keep running into BS leads, like Sash Gengar or wild charge Snorlax
>>
>>30982068

Mimikyu, the A.I is bad at dealing with disguise.
>>
Is Minior actually good? I'm thinking of training one.
>>
>tfw lost the very first battle

embarrassing desu.

was expecting shitmons for the first 10 or so rounds though, not a fucking blastoise
>>
is it generally better to use bulky and slow mons in multi, or fast sweepers? I cant get past 15 and its infuriating, some direction would be nice
>>
>>30982423
>tfw fought Dragonite and Altaria on my first battle
>Not one effective STAB
>Loose without knocking out a single pokemon
And now here i am, refusing to enter it again until i've atleast bread a few decent pokemon.
And because i apparently have autism and really want that 6IV eevee, i'm not going back there anytime soon.
>>
I haven't even touched the battle tree yet because I don't really play that often, but is the AI really as bad as people say?

What has happened to some of you?
>>
>>30978907
I was this fucking close to getting bodied by a fucking Milotic that kept Recovering and using Confuse Ray
I had to literally PP stall the fucker because I was down to my last Pokemon, and it was a Golisopod
In the end I won, and I'm so fucking proud of that victory you have no idea
I'll post the code for the match later, so you all can laugh at me, because it was my fault that it got that close
>>
>>30982332
It's very good
With Shields up, you are completely immune to status.

>>30982517

There's alot of bullshit in the super singles, Normal Singles is fine, but you can only go up to 20.

Just going to try and get to 50 for the stamp and im done.
>>
>>30982332
White Herb Shell Smash Minior can take you far
Not very, but far enough
>>
>>30982517
There are some bullshit sets like choice scarf Pinsir with Guillotine or quick claw Walrein with sheer cold. There are a lot of Pokemon that hold brightpowder which can be pretty annoying too.
>>
>>30982517
There's some heavy bullshit
Worst I've had to deal with is Trick Room and continous Sleep and other status conditions
>>
>>30982563
>>30982577
I want to go very far. I'm thinking about bringing Minior, Tapu Lele and Salamence, and go all offensive in singles.
>>
>>30979178
I've had more luck with 252def/252spd/4attack w/Thick club so that way he can actually survive a hit. His speed is slow slow he's not going to be outspeeding anything and with no defense investment he's basically just fodder.
>>
>>30982635
White Herb
Choice Specs/Terrain Extender
Salamencite
Best items I can think of, make sure to bring as much coverage as you possibly can
If the Tree sees an opening, it'll fuck you up
>>
>>30982517
Hypnosis has about 90% accuracy when used by the AI, and heat wave about 20% when used by you.
>>
>>30982517
I actually don't think the AI is that bad, but you're bound to eventually find that one team that fucks you in the ass because it happens to be a perfect counter to yours, so you always need to be prepared for the worst. Also all pokemon have items and they're EV trained and possibly have perfect IVs, so if you're not going in with properly trained mon you're already at a disadvantage. Finally, the more you progress, the more likely it becomes to face megas, competitive pokemon and even legendaries
>>
So if I hyper train at 100, do the increased IVs still apply to level 50s in Battle Tree?
>>
>>30982517

The A.I is retarded but they use a lot of luck bases sets which are guarenteed to fuck you over at some point.
>>
>>30978907
I recognize that weavile
>>
>>30982669

Yes.
>>
>>30978907
>Super Singles
>Battle Dexio
>Leads with Turtonator
>Turtonator uses Shell Smash once
>THE MOTHERFUCKER OUTSPEEDS MY PERFECT IV JOLLY MEGA LUCARIO

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK FAMALAM
>>
>>30982677
Speaking of which, have you guys ever seen the AI being completely idiotic?

>Gourgeist uses Pain Split three times in a row letting me set up Swords Dance three times
>Megamence uses Return on my Mega Lucario despite the fact that Earthquake could've easily killed him
>>
>>30982772
WITH 252 EV IN SPEED TOO FORGOT TO MENTION
>>
>>30982657
Those sound great. I'm inclined to use Terrain Extender on Tapu Lele because being locked by Choice Items doesn't sound good at all.

I'm thinking
Minior: Acrobatics, Shell Smash, Rock Slide, Earthquake
Tapu Lele: Psyshock, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt
Salamence: Double Edge, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast

I'm unsure whether I get DD or Roost on Salamence. On one side I have used Roost on Megamence in 6th gen and it did save me a few times, but DD is DD.
>>
>>30982775
Any AI that uses substitute will continuously use it even if they lose that very substitute in the same turn, it's funny
>>
>>30982032
I beat most of super doubles with tbolt spam using a Tapu Koko and Xurkitree lead. A flying type is good backup when you expect an EQ.

Here's a couple of replays to show what it can do.
QCXG-WWWW-WWW3-CKAV
E9KW-WWWW-WWW3-BFMV

>>30982775
I've had a few battles like that
>Aurorus switches between sandstorm and hail for 5 turns
>Bronzong sets up trick room, then gets rid of it 2 turns later
>>
File: 81c.jpg (32KB, 582x326px) Image search: [Google]
81c.jpg
32KB, 582x326px
7XBG-WWWW-WWW3-CKJQ

Holy shit, that first KO was literally the caricature of RNG people talk about when they mention battle tower hax.

Also, inb4 reee mega lopunny, I just needed something that wasn't megamence, and it's arguably less broken, so it isn't really an issue.
>>
Do you get anything special if you get the stamps?
>>
>>30982859

You get a throwing style for getting one, getting all 3 is just so you can say you did it.
>>
>>30982786
If Turtonator has benefical nature and max speed investment it can outspeed a M-Lucario after a SS, even if just barely
>>
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Dragom Claw

Bewear @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Toxapex
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Planning on going through Super Singles with this team, thoughts? Might put a Band on Bewear instead of AS.
>>
>>30982859
>>30982869
Also an ability capsule
>>
>>30982924

That's for getting a streak of 50, not the stamp. The distriction is there so you know you can farm them.
>>
>>30981039
I hope it isnt too late to ask, but what item are you running your garchomp with? I though of using LO but I already have mimikyu hoarding that item
>>
>>30983078
Garchomp is best as either a Scarfed sweeper or a Rocky Helmet tank
It's almost funny that his Mega is often seen as a bit worse because of its speed
>>
>>30983126
scarfed seems like the best option then, thanks. Could it run a band set though? or is it too slow, even if its jolly?
>>
>>30980943
Why doesn't Kommo-O get this? Beyond not having a shell, of course. More directly: Dragon/Fighting with so few fighting-type moves.
>>
File: not a capable soldier.jpg (208KB, 576x1144px) Image search: [Google]
not a capable soldier.jpg
208KB, 576x1144px
>>30982775
>enemy Turtonator using Explosion even though it is the last Pokemon the trainer has while I still have someone in reserve
>>
>>30983195
Either he was planned to get it during development but they changed their minds when they realized how broken a pseudo with shell smash could potentiality be or he's getting it from a tutor later.
>>
>>30983183
It can work, very few NPCs actually have scarfed pokemon so it will still outspeed a lot of stuff. Personally I just use Dragonium Z since Z-Outrage can OHKO most stuff while not locking me into a move like regular Outrage or the Band
>>
>>30982775
>Weezing pain splits me
>losing hp in the process
>>
Fucking Cynthia on multi battles is the most useless cuny I ever had to deal with
Her Togekiss doesn't know any Fairy moves or Aura Sphere, and she would just keep spamming Pain split on her retarded Spiritomb
What the fuck kind of champion are you fucking bitch?
>>
>>30983602

One you knowingly recruited
>>
>>30983652
I just one shot all of her Pokemon first time I fought her
didn't even know what moves they had
And had I known i would've skipped her
>>
>>30983677

Yet somehow this is her fault
>>
>>30983602
Her Mega Lucario swept me, I was unprepared.
>>
>>30983752
the only "boss" character that has beat me has been anabell with her bullshit legendaries.

Like who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have her use latios and raikou ON BATTLE FUCKING 10 of doubles?!
>>
>>30983794
I haven't even fought Anabel yet, I've mainly been getting Grimsley/Wally/Dexio in some order.
>>
File: lonkclose.jpg (29KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
lonkclose.jpg
29KB, 699x699px
>Preschooler Victor
>has nothing but legendary or pseudo-legendary Pokemon on his team
>>
>>30983836
He's the chosen one
>>
What is a good Multis team?
>>
>>30983836
I've seen youngsters with legendaries too, I think they do it on purpose, like the random youngster that's a champion challenger
>>
>>30980943
>not having homebrew so you can record this
>>
>>30983947
Depends mostly on which Trainer you scout
>>
>>30983794
I would hope to run into that some day
That seems like an amazing scout for Multis
>>
So I got a lead mimikyu and mega salamence for battle tree ready, still searching for a good third mon
Magnezone any good for super singles?
>>
File: 1482086508509.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1482086508509.png
113KB, 222x280px
>beat both super singles and super doubles
>battle all of the special trainers at least once except Anabel
>finally get to battle Anabel
>it's multi battles so I can't scout her.
>>
>>30985472
Post teams
>>
>>30982517
With such a large sample size of battles, anything that can happen probably will happen.

That, and bad luck that ends a streak sticks in a person's mind more than good fortune that may have prolonged it..
>>
>>30985304

Either Specs timid or scarf modest Lele.
>>
File: blushing.png (2MB, 2200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
blushing.png
2MB, 2200x2000px
>Ace Trainer Lea: "Relax and leave it to me. I've got some experience."
>>
>>30984400
what can I do with anabel?
>>
>>30985637
For what? All of them or just multi battles?
>>
Ive been running a meme male salandit in doubles. Been working fairly well.
Timid, max hp and speed evs, @eviolite
Moves: poison gas, venom drench, protect, overheat.
Gets recovery from teammate comfey.
Poison gas poisons two at once, venom drench lowers atk, spe atk, and speed all at once. Just poison everything and keep lowering stats while comfey boosts and heals.
>>
File: Surely you jestin'.png (233KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
Surely you jestin'.png
233KB, 378x378px
>>30982775
>My Garchomp vs enemy Mega Steelix
>they are both the last Pokemon we have
>Enemy Mega Steelix used Stealth Rock!
>>
>>30985988
Do you have any replays to share? I want to see that in action.
>>
>>30986033
Will share when I get to my 2ds later today.
It really only works on AI too stupid to switch out though.
>>
>>30986077
So most of them?
>>
>>30986111
Yep all of them.
>>
Am I ready for super singles or am I going to get my shit pushed in?
>>
>>30985988
Why not just use A-Muk?
>>
File: Kojima.gif (923KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.gif
923KB, 245x200px
>Punk Guy Etta
>"Ladies and gentlemen, step right up! I am rubbish!"
>Leads with Mega-Salamence that wrecks my Lele in one hit and outspeeds my own Mega-Salamence
>>
>>30986289
Maybe
>>
File: 1482304508822.jpg (70KB, 594x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482304508822.jpg
70KB, 594x480px
>>30986012
A little better choice
>>
>>30986310
salandit can poison everything
>>
>>30986310
That could work.
A-muk is slow and might not outspeed the opponent after the first venom drench but the bulk would be helpful.
This is a meme set already though. I was just trying to work in a set for male salandit.
>>
Anyone try Espeon in the tree? Does Magic Bounce fuck up the A.I enough to make a sweeping set viable?
>>
>>30982772
I had a mimikyu outspeed my Jolly Weavile, what a load of shit
>>
>>30982912
why not put leftovers on toxapex
>>
>>30986797
Was your Weavile maxed in speed? If so, only way that could have happened would have been Shadow Sneak, Quick Claw, or Scarfed Mimikyu.
>>
>>30985837
Thats cool but I dont have a good enough lele
>>
>>30986976

If it's one of those two natures then you can fix it with years of grinding/
>>
Should I put leftovers or lum berry on DD Flygon?
>>
>>30986999
Its Relaxed
>>
>>30987073

Have someone hold your valuable mons and restart your game.
>>
File: sleeping_eternally.jpg (15KB, 168x201px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping_eternally.jpg
15KB, 168x201px
>>30987073
Just end it all now. Do not prolong this suffering any more.
>>
>>30987015
you should box your flygon
Use lum berry for safe Outrage spam
>>
>>30987172
Flygon can't get outrage until tutors/bank
>>
>>30985964
Both, anon.
>>
>>30987084
Or just help me and recommend a good fitting alternative mon for my team.
I rather not use legends or UBs if possible anyway.
>>
>>30987217
Well fuck, that's what I get for not double checking, I guess leftovers is more usefull, the AI in the battle tree spams thunder wave consistently, but rarely if ever does it go for will-o-wisp or other annoying statuses.
>>
>>30978960
>Huge epidemic where many battle videos can't be uploaded
>people finally realize it's because you can't upload fights with illegal moves and pokemon
>guess what, it's the AI using them
>>
Only tangentially related, because I've only ever seen this in the Battle Tree, but has anyone ever noticed that Sunny Day (and maybe weather in general) to be glitched? I've seen it twice that an opponent mon sets up sun only for a partner to come in with Cloud Nine that for whatever reason doesn't clear the weather. It's kind of nice because then for the rest of the battle the other mon keeps trying to set up sun and failing due to it already being on the field.
>>
>>30987239
Wait, did I say leftovers? I meant life orb lol
I'm mostly just worried about sleep, but I also need to be able to kill people
>>
>>30987584
most sleep users will either be pokemon you'd be switching out of regardless, like crobat or amoongus, or some janky shit you wont see coming. Prioritize outspeeding and killing stuff over sleep imo.
>>
>>30987219
Here you go anon
Singles: http://pastebin.com/daK3yw9M
Doubles: http://pastebin.com/mm7ZuXtU

Vs. Red: L85W-WWWW-WWW3-AEFJ
Vs. Blue: E9KW-WWWW-WWW3-BFMV
>>
Is Celesteela good for the Tree?
I'm thinking of using it, I have a Modest one and a Bottle Cap. Is that good?
>>
>>30987920

Try to stick to outright offensive in facilities or else getting decent streaks will take way to damn long.
>>
I just died at round 40 in Super Multi because I didn't expect Plumeria's Toxapex to be carrying Ice Beam for my Megamence...

Multis is suffering
>>
>>30987963
Hm, so no Leech Seed/Protect shenanigans, I guess.
I see now Celesteela has great physical STAB in Heavy Slam. Maybe Modest isn't that good.
>>
>>30986912
I went first for 2 turns, then went second. It wasn't quick claw or sneak.
>>
>>30988031
i tried a triple wall team (mega sableye, pyukumuku, toxapex) and it worked until i ran into someone who ran rain, thunder, and taunt
>>
>>30988031
I mean nothing is stopping you from using a stall team, it'll just take a longass time
>>
File: Nervous-Guy.jpg (41KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous-Guy.jpg
41KB, 351x450px
>Cynthia's Milotic actually misses me with Hydro Pump even though it has a Wide Lens
>>
>>30986818
Black Sludge is objectively better.
>>
>>30988557
what difference does it make, do you really expect the AI to use Thief or Switcheroo?
>>
>>30987381
I don't think cloud nine stops the weather, it just stops the effects.
Eg. Hail and sand don't inflict damage, no buffs from sun or rain.
>>
File: killing time.png (132KB, 309x267px) Image search: [Google]
killing time.png
132KB, 309x267px
>those trainers who use protect for absolutely no reason
>>
>>30988593
I remember a nasty, nasty set of Alakazam back in the Maison. It had Magic Guard and Trick with Choice Scarf. Almost beat me a couple times.
>>
>>30988622
Some of them are toxic stall sets that forget to use toxic before protecting.
>>
>>30988593
We'll, I'd give Pex the Sludge in general so that another mon has the chance to run leftovers.
But yeah, trick shenanigans aren't happening in battle tree, but why not just build the best build you can?
>>
Any good doubles set for Espeon ?
>>
>>30986033
Battle vid up
9PQW-WWWW-WWW3-CSPN
>>
File: C0ZIdohXgAED5vk.jpg (220KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C0ZIdohXgAED5vk.jpg
220KB, 900x1200px
Just got my 50th victory. Time to retire Moody Smeargle and craft another equally amazing setup for Doubles. Poor Red didn't know he was going to get memed on.

FQPG-WWWW-WWW3-CSQX
>>
>>30987898
Seems like fun, thanks.
>>
>At round 60.
>Fought Sina, Plumaria, and Grimsley twice.

Anyone have teams that fun into Anabel and Colress a lot. I want to scout them.
>>
>>30988808
This strategy is really interesting. I hope all of your battles aren't that long though, because doing that 50 times seems awful.
>>
>>30988866
what a good dog

also, nice full house
>>
Some fucking retarded Ludicolo wrecked my shit on Regular Multis at battle 11
Motherfucker used Toxic and just fucking stalled me using Leech seed and Giga Drain
I am well more than a little upset, I'm boiling mad
>>
>>30982332

No, unfortunately. Too many weaknesses, and having shell up doesn't lever your defense high enough to make use of anything.
>>
>>30989503
For what it's worth, Minior got me through all of Regular Singles with not much effort
>>
>>30982660

You can set teams up so that's their counters still aren't good enough to take you out.

Figure out what counters your team, and set your team up to deal with it. The only time your "counter" shows up is because you didn't see it coming.
>>
>>30982775

Yeah, for as much bullshit there is, there's just as much sheer idiocy that works in your favor.
>>
>>30989207
Tapu Lele, Garchomp, Mega-Metagross was what I used when I ran into Colress multiple times.

I think the game wanted his Magnezone to mess up my Lele.
>>
>>30983183

Scarfchomp is a total dick. Use one and see why.
>>
I just really wish the missing mega stones will be put in the game, M-Sceptile + Discharge Koko seems like a devastating combo and I really want to try it out
>>
File: download (13).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>30986481
>>
>>30982775
>Red's Lapras VS my Greninja behind a sub
>Misses Thunder 3 times, THEN uses Rain Dance
>>
>>30987073
okay, thanks to gts I managed to get a hasty one with perfect IVs in speed, HP and defense, with special attack IV being pretty good
Hopefully its enough. Gonna give it a shot after EV training
>>
>>30989269
It was only long thanks to that stall vaspiqueen. They're usually a little slow, but in like the 15s, not the 50s.
Normally, while salandit is lowering the threat, comfey is boosting so it can make a sweep. The excadrill was too much of a threat to both for that to work.
>>
>>30987920

I kept Celesteela on my team to deal with counters to my offensive mons. Came in handy many times and netted many wins. People forget that Celesteela still has good offenses besides the bulk. Use them.
>>
>>30989458

Steel/Poison types.
>>
>>30989527

It's not worth much. Regular is baby mode.
>>
File: 1471583340008.jpg (102KB, 430x627px) Image search: [Google]
1471583340008.jpg
102KB, 430x627px
Kiawe can go fuck right off!

>finally tackle super singles
>fight Kiawe at 10 battles, think nothing of it
>make it to 20, hoping for Cynthia since I haven't fought her yet
>fight him again instead and nearly lose to his Mega Milf
>finally reach 30, surely it's Cythina or anyone at this point
>Kiawe shows up for a 3rd time and beats me with Mega Milf
>mfw
>>
>>30989458
I use Lum Berry on my Mimikyu. It doesn't hit as hard as it would with Life Orb, but the number of times I would've been screwed by toxic stall or a burn made it well worth it.
>>
>>30990355
The game must think his team is the best choice against yours.
>>
File: 1474174019576.jpg (75KB, 1170x952px) Image search: [Google]
1474174019576.jpg
75KB, 1170x952px
>Inferno spamming Typhlosion
>50% Accuracy

Wondering if I should go Toxapex since this is literally the third time in a row I've fought against this same exact set
>>
>>30982775
>Enemy Magmortar continually tries to Will-o-wisp Komala
>>
>>30990355
>he doesn't change his team every 10 battles
That's your own fault
>>
File: murreh.jpg (9KB, 338x296px) Image search: [Google]
murreh.jpg
9KB, 338x296px
>>30982775
If you fight Cynthia and she has her Spiritomb, the fight basically becomes 2vs1 in your favour. That thing just keeps using Pain Split until it either runs out of PP or you are extremely close to dying.
>>
File: IMG_3241.png (31KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3241.png
31KB, 400x240px
>>30982775
>>30982517
>Picking Multi Battles because I didn't remember what it is.
>Having to pick a CPU as my partner. (Pic related)
>>She got a Barbaracle and a Hawlucha
>>I got a Golisopod and a Oricorio.

>Last match against a Froslass and a Charizard.
>>Froslass switched my Golisopod with a thunder shock.
>CPU was at her last Pokémon.
>Both of our Pokémon were in critical situations.
>>Her hawlucha got a rock move.
>>Hawlucha used Taunt in Charizard
>>Hawlucha used Taunt in Froslass
>>Hawlucha Fainted
>Froslass used Ice Beam
>>Oricorio Fainted
>>Hawlucha Fainted

>She gets offended with me for our defeat.
>>
>>30989672
This is how I feel too, all the missing megas were the fun unique ones. I mean seriously, what even is left? Half of them are just physical set-up sweepers. I want loppuny's unresisted stabs, and medicham's insane power, and ampharos' amazing hair.
>>
>>30990485
I'm honestly certain the game does this
As someone weak to rocks, HOW many fucking times I've had that cancerous scarfed Aerodactyl spamming Rock Slide is killing me
>>
Test
>>
>>30991654

>scarfed Aerodactyl spamming Rock Slide

It always pains me running into one. Hax flinch is not fun.
>>
How important is EV and IV training? I don't really feel like doing it but I'm getting whomped in the battle tree
>>
>>30991754
EVs at least are mandatory imo
>>
>>30991300
This is one of the main reasons I like having Colress as a partner for multi battles. Both of his Pokemon only have damaging moves so I don't have to worry about him doing something stupid like that.
>>
>>30991754
EVs are very important and you should at least have a perfect speed/relevant attack IV
>>
>>30989856
ALMOST everything
>>
>>30992025
>colress' turtonator used explosion!

i beg to differ
>>
>>30992677
Colress doesn't use Turtonator you retard
>>
>>30992701
then who did...?

oh, it was dexio. i'm just drunk
>>
>>30992715
Colress does have an exploding Metagross though.
>>
So is it possible to scout the same person again? Like, what if I wanted to change the 2 pokemon that the person used? Just run into them again in singles/doubles?
>>
>>30992762
I need a new Cynthia, the one I scouted is fucking shit
>>
>>30982795
use return instead of double edge because no recoil and still good damage
>>
File: YAMERO~.gif (599KB, 565x500px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO~.gif
599KB, 565x500px
I retract any complaint I've made towards the tree. Battle royale is on a whole nother level of bullshit.
>>
>>30993284
>tfw mega abomasnow uses blizzard to steal your kills
>>
>>30993284
They will always attack whoever is ahead or who they can outright kill. Carry a priority move and protect.
In my experience, Scizor is great at Battle Royal.
>>
>>30993756
What's your moveset on it?
>>
>>30993284
At least you only have to win each rank once and each try only takes a few minutes. Getting to round 40+ of the battle tree and losing to RNG is much worse imo.
>>
>>30993404
>>30993756
Ok...Managed to brute force my way with my singles team. Got my fancy throwing animation and not I never have to visit that shitty place ever again.

...Disappointed the masked royal doesn't make an appearance though
>>
>>30993809
Protect, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Thief, Life Orb.
>>
>>30993284
I will never understand how people have trouble with the battle royal. Don't use pokemon with x4 weaknesses and make sure your mons can take a hit. Priority helps, isn't really necessary, I've won loads of times using shiinotic/turtonator/gyrados or silvally or weavile, I really just pick whatever at this point.

I wish I could figure out how to get the masked royal to show up, I've only seen him join a battle royal once and i can't find any info on it.
>>
How is Tapu Lele/ Scizor/ Garchomp for super singles?
Choice Scarf Tapu Lele: Psychic, Focus Blast, Moonblast, HP Fire
Life Orb Scizor: Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Brick Break
Mega Garchomp: Earthquake, Poison Jab, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor/ Dragon Claw
>>
File: MVP.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVP.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
I just beat Red and Blue in super multi battles. That was the last of the super battle modes I needed to beat, so I'm finally done with this stupid tree...unless I decide to try for the berries.

S55W-WWWW-WWW3-D5RH
>>
>>30994722
>try for the berries
Explain further.
>>
>>30982775

Just now.

>Using Alolan Marowak with Lightning Rod as part of deliberate mediocre team in an attempt to get new special trainers.
>Opponent keeps spamming Lightning Rod.
>>
>>30994895

You get special berries for streaks of 100 and 200.
>>
>>30994895
There are special berries for 100 and 200 win streaks. They're both kind of shitty though.
>>
>>30994895
Lansat and Starf Berries, obtained by getting a streak of 100 and 200 victories, respectively.
>>
>>30994984
That's a pretty shitty reward for that long of a streak.
>>
>>30995037
honestly if they made it something good like Custap berry, people would complain since that is bullshit.
>>
>>30993284
I just brute forced the living shit out of it
Completed all ranks in less than 40 minutes
>>
File: angery.jpg (27KB, 680x595px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
27KB, 680x595px
Why do you fuckers like Mimikyu so much? Play Rough hits with the accuracy of fucking Focus Blast, oh my god.
>>
>>30997071
I haven't tried it but I assume Lum Berry + Disguise lets it get several free turns to set up or just KO at least one thing.
>>
>>30997109
This exactly. I have been running that and mimikyu can often kill all 3 mons, if not I fall back on Garchomp to clean up the last couple.
>>
>>30997109
It does, but often times I'll use play rough after getting free setups and then it'll miss and this shitty little fucker is dead as dirt. It's shockingly frail for having such high defenses.
>>
>>30997071
Yeah this is one of the reasons I've avoid using it. One miss is all it takes to fuck me over with that accuracy and I don't plan to take that risk
>>
Is Jolly required on Kartana? I had moon but managed to get an adamant one over GTS by sheer blind chance and I don't think I'll get a jolly one in a similar way.
>>
>>30997285
Yes, unless you go adamant scarf, which is ill-advised given its easily-countered move types.

You could also go the timid 19 ATK meme set that gets speed beast boosts and relies on swords dance for ATK
>>
>>30997285
I used a jolly one for a successful super doubles run.
>>
>>30997453
>Kiawe's M-Kang has scrappy before it megas
>It tries to Fake Out ghost types every fucking time.

I just fucking need something that pairs well with M-Kang, or M-Gengar, or M-Metagross.

Anything that can help me sweep through multis.
>>
>>30997482
Do more singles until you encounter Colress, scout him.
>>
>>30997071
I cant think of a more realible lead desu, Free SD with lum berry sweeps alot.

However I tried Kartana with sash and I kept dying from burns or other BS. Think I might go with a bulky lead but havent decided who yet.

Just lost my streak at 45 because of a scarfed Dugtrio and manage to flinchhax my chomp and toxapex.

>30% to flinch
BULL
>>
>>30997482
Does the Mega Metagross have Earthquake? Use mega salamence, it's a good partner to anything that has it and really just blows through everything. Hell, I'd reccomend it even if it doesn't have earthquake, just wreck face with two of the most broken megas of all time.
>>
>>30997547
So just lead with Megamence and Megagross?

Any moveset ideas for the Mence? I have an Adamant one right now with Double-Edge/Earthquake/Roost/DD

I should swap out Earthquake so I don't kill Metagross, but what would be a good other move?
>>
>>30997529
I can think of one, Megamence wipes the floor with Mimikyu as a lead, even Minior is more reliable with its immunity to status and more versatile coverage.
>>
What's better for the tree? Jolly or Adamant scarfed Garchomp?
>>
>>30997592
How is Pheramosa as a lead? I know Minior would be great actually. thinking about also getting a tapu off the gts so i can just beat this bull.
>>
>>30997677
Fuck off Wally, you've already ended two runs with that stupid scarf'd Garchomp of yours.
>>
What's a good team for Multi's? My partner is Wally with Mega Gallade and Scarfed Chomp
>>
>>30997691
I run Modest Pheromosa with Fightinium-Z and Focus Blast (For the Z-Move)/Bug Buzz/Ice Beam/Quiver Dance as a lead. Not ideal, but I have Sun so I'm stuck with what I can get on the GTS. It gets the job done 90% of the time.
>>
File: 1398018789569.jpg (237KB, 1920x1880px) Image search: [Google]
1398018789569.jpg
237KB, 1920x1880px
>CHOICE SCARF ROCK SLIDE AERODACTYL
>>
>>30987898
How many wins did you get with both teams?
>>
>>30997691
I did the 50 winstreak with Pheromosa, Toxa and Lele
>>
>>30997931
Flinchhax Choice Scarf Rock Slide Aerodactyl.
>>
Should I get a special attacker for Singles to go with megamence and a Golisopod I'm working on? Or should I just make a baton pass Eevee?
>>
File: 1471007003774.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471007003774.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
WHY DOES WALLY REFUSE TO USE ANYTHING BUT STONE EDGE ON HIS GARCHOMP
>>
>>30998479
I'm pretty sure it's scarfed
>>
>>30998503
Nope, it has it's Mega Stone. The Wally I have has 2 Megas, but he never uses Mega Chomp because he leads with Mega Gallade.
>>
File: 1472846540560.gif (544KB, 303x357px) Image search: [Google]
1472846540560.gif
544KB, 303x357px
>>30978907
>Anything with quick claw in the tree
>Always happens with my sweepers, outspeeding and murdering them
>>
File: 1480638630668.jpg (11KB, 295x223px) Image search: [Google]
1480638630668.jpg
11KB, 295x223px
>Crobat
>Hypnosis always hits
>Cross Poison crits my team to death
Annoying as shit every time this asshole shows up. At least it's not particularly difficult to beat.
>>
>>30997972
what were the sets for phersa and toxa?
>>
Fuck you Wally, using Sandstorm instead of attacking, costing us the goddamn game
>>
>>30997894
How the fuck can she survive one turn to set up Quiver Dance. You got to have godly prediction skills to know when the AI is not attacking and you can set up
>>
why is a fucking hawlucha outspeeding literally everything including kartana and mega lucario?

the most forgettable pokemon ever sweeping my bulkiest mofos in a single move, that's some straight up bullshit
>>
File: Lele understands.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
Lele understands.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>make it all the way to battle 80
>expect some bullshit fight like Porygon-Z/Megagross Colress or Wally with his Scarfchomp
>it's just Mallow with a ridiculously easy Comfey, Lurantis, Toucannon team
>>
My 45 super single battles win team:

Kartana @ Life Orb
Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
252Atk/252Spe/4Spdef
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Psycho Cut
- X-Scissor

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
252Atk/252Spe/4Def
- Eartquake
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Salazzle @ Poison Barb
Corrosion
Timid Nature
252Spatk/252Spe/4Spdef
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse

Kartana and Gyarados litterally sweep almost everything. Salazzle is last resort.
>>
>>31000034
I run literally the same Kartana as my lead and it's ridiculously powerful. It can destroy 75% of all opposing pokemon in one hit. Basically if you kill the first guy and Beast Boost kicks in, you've already won unless something outspeeds you (Salazzle, Hawlucha, and some other fire type I'm not remembering right now being notable examples).
>>
>>31000058
Yep, same for me. Talonflame's a bitch though, my Gyarados was already out when it got switched in. Got my ass BEAT
>>
Bump for important NPC's not having any Megas when you want to scout them
>>
>>30997957
I'm up to 90 with the singles team. I'm going for the special berries for 100 and 200 wins. I stopped at 50 with the doubles team.
>>
File: salt.gif (217KB, 263x368px) Image search: [Google]
salt.gif
217KB, 263x368px
>Scarfed Typhlosion spamming Eruption
>>
File: MVP.png (408KB, 800x719px) Image search: [Google]
MVP.png
408KB, 800x719px
>>30978907
Here's a video of my first loss so far:

E5XW-WWWW-WWW3-DU4U

pic extremely related
>>
File: bandai-crying-vegeta-5.jpg (90KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
bandai-crying-vegeta-5.jpg
90KB, 560x560px
>Battle 86
>fight is down to my Smogonsword vs enemy Smogonfrog
>I have nothing that hits neutral or super effective
>after 2 shadow balls, the enemy is in almost dead
>Geninja only attacked once with surf and used the other turn to set up Rain Dance again since it had ended
>I still have over half health left after 1 rain dance boosted Surf
>All I need to do is take the next hit and hit with shadow ball
>Surf suddenly hits for more than half health and I lose the battle
>not even a critical hit

Beyond salty
>>
>>31001970
Do you lead with Mence or Fini? I have a similar layout I was gonna test out since the Mimikyu keeps getting fucked over by status (even though it has a lum berry) and bullshit flinch hax.
>>
What's a good partner for M-Alakazam for Super Doubles? I'm tired of using Tapus and Mimikyu so anything but them would be great.

My M-Alakazam is Timid and I'm going to use Psychic/Psyshock, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, and HP fire or Energy Ball depending on its partner.
>>
Is it just me or is it much easier to win in Super Doubles than Super Singles? I feel like it's because in Doubles it's a lot more strategy based and the AI is retarded when it comes to actual strategy.

I'm able to make it pretty far in the tree with my Alola Ninetales and Alola Sandshrew lead, I rarely even have to bring out my other two pokemon. The only time I lose is when the Battle Tree pulls bullshit like having Earthquake miss 3 times in a row because the opponent was holding bright powder.
>>
>>30999846
She can set up on every non-SE special attacker I've found so far. It's risky, but I've never lost a game where she can get a QD up.
>>
Finally beat 50 Super Singles, pretty psyched.

Megamence
Atk+Speed
Adamant
- Double Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Thunder Fang

Mimikyu w/ Normalium-Z
Atk+HP
Adamant
- Splash
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Toxic

Reuniclus w/ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Sp.Atk+HP
Quiet (0 Speed)
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Salamence is overused but I pretty much understand why now, Intimidate + that speed and power in one package is pretty hard to pass up. The recoil on Double Edge made him Ice Shard bait, but I had two bulky fuckers to back him up.

Other observations
- Z-Splash ignores Taunt. This has sold me on using it instead of SD + Life Orb.
- Salamence apparently broke the law or something because I had about 12 policemen turn up to fight me. Since they're all rock users it makes sense.
- Reuniclus is sorely underrated. That bulk, that power, almost nothing can outspeed it under Trick Room and nothing can survive more than two hits from it.
- Running Trick Room with a fast sweeper on your team seems like a bad idea, but more than a few times Salamence ended up paralysed and I could bring it in under Trick Room and then it would act first.
- Running Thunder on Reuniclus was better than Shadow Ball, as Salamence attracted lots of bulky water types with Ice moves and Reuniclus punished this super-hard. 30% chance of Paralysis is very useful and very few situations called for a Ghost move when I already had Mimikyu
- However having two electric moves attracted more bulky ground users like Hippowdon, all with Curse sets which are fucking dangerous since Reuniclus can't deal with them...
- ... they died to Toxic. Having Toxic on a sweeper with only two attack moves seems weird, but it literally saved my entire run a few times. Carrying Toxic is worth it.
- FUCK Veterans. Almost lost to Mega-Latias at 49. Even with Mimikyu, their other legendaries take more hits than normal and it really ruins your momentum.
- Cheating to see what Red's mons use is worth it.
>>
>>31003009
I lead with mence, but I often have to switch on turn 1 since opponents start leading with counters to it. Fini and Aegislash can deal with Mence's counters very well, especially after intimidate.
>>
>>30997071

Mimikyu is about revenge killing, boosting up and then just spamming Shadow Sneak since very few mons can survive more than two hits from a 2.5x damage boost (SD + Life Orb, or Z-Splash)

Play Rough may be Fairy STAB but you literally only use it against walls or against normal types as a plan B, maybe Dragons if you reckon it's worthwhile. If you're running a Lum set and using Play Rough as your main damage output, you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.
>>
I just lost to Blue on battle 50 of Super Doubles. Mega Arcanine with Iron Head OHKO Top Lel and Arcanine outsped the rest of my team.

Fucking crushed and done trying to get those stamps for awhile.
>>
>>31003855

Whoops Mega Aerodactyl. REEEEEEE
>>
What set are people using for Mega-Lucario in super singles? Just the standard smogon sword dance?
>>
>>31003519
That and you have much more freedom to bypass bullshit with 2 teammates.
>>
>>31004647

Iron tail isn't legal yet so it's a no can do. I am building one with crunch in place of Iron Tail.
>>
>>30982912
Wouldn't Toxic be better than Toxic Spikes? It's 3v3
>>
File: Dusknoir.png (126KB, 1004x752px) Image search: [Google]
Dusknoir.png
126KB, 1004x752px
I was rushing through Super Singles using Kommo-o, Mudsdale and Golisopod, until battle 31, right after Colress, when this bitch stall my ass to death with WoW, Toxic, DOUBLE FUCKING TEAM and Confuse Ray, or shoul I say Confuse Day.

I fucking hate this.
>>
It's been ages since I got into competitive. Last time I did was XY. Where do I start again?
>>
>>31005291
Get a Porygon2 w/ Eviolite, a Klefki, A Garchomp, a Tapu, Aegislash and Greninja. You're done, press X to win.
>>
File: Dream_Lansat_Berry_Sprite.png (5KB, 83x90px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Lansat_Berry_Sprite.png
5KB, 83x90px
I've decided that getting all three stamps wasn't enough. I'm going for 100 and 200 win streaks for the special berries. I just won my 100th battle, so 100 down, 100 to go.

S8LW-WWWW-WWW3-E5UC
>>
>>31005240
In all honestly you had it coming. Your entire team is too passive, Mudsdale is too slow, Goliospod is good for two turns it out, and Kommo-O isn't all that powerful even after a DD. Run more offensive mons. A better special attacker if that's what your Kommo-O was doing. You can always run sub on something to.
>>
>MIMIKYU USED SWORDS DANCE
>MIMIKYU USED PLAY ROUGH
>IT MISSED
>MIMIKYU USED PLAY ROUGH
>IT MISSED
>MIMIKYU USED PLAY ROUGH
>IT MISSED

I wouldnt happily lose 20 damage from play rough for 10 extra accuracy
>>
What are some good pokes to cover me against the few asshats in battle tree that run double team?
>>
>>31004975

I feel the opposite to be honest, the Battle Tree is a war waged against crazy bullshit that could jump out at any moment.

Singles give you time to switch out into counters with minimal punishment, and they come one at a time so you can offer all your attention to one target - in Doubles you have two sources of nonsense to contend with at the same time, allowing one cunt to cripple two of your monsters at the same time, or something you missed just comes out at the worse time and you're even more in trouble.

Then again I suppose Doubles offers more abusive strategies from a smart player, so it balances out, it's just when things go wrong in Doubles they go REALLY wrong and your ability to adapt and respond is about the same as in Singles.
>>
>>31005614
Try Kartana. Smart Strike hurts.
>>
>>31005598

Shadow Sneak with Life Orb + SD is a 100 damage STAB move coming off respectable offenses. Shadow Claw is even better.

Play Rough is secondary on Mimikyu, so use your ghost moves. I even considered replacing it with some different coverage because the AI Battle Tree will just straight up stop sending you anything that's weak to Fairy eventually.
>>
>>31005675

And what if they send out a normal type?
>>
>>31005614
Z-moves can't miss, so you could save one for Pokemon like that
>>
>>31005598

I swapped life orb for fairium-z for this exact reason. It's a less useful set against real people but in battle tree having a 100% accurate 175 BP fairy move that can bypass protect once per 3-man-battle is more useful than the overall damage increase of lifeorb, especially when you have fuckers spamming double team and protect.
>>
>>30987073
Just inject it
>>
>>30979005
Your boyfriend has amazing taste.
>>
I'm currently running A-Ninetales (Aurora Veil and Encore mostly), A-Marowak (Physical big dmg) and Tapu Koko (Electric Seed + Thunderbolt + Dazzling Gleam + Calm Mind + Roost). Did very well in regular singles, going to start super singles soon. Rock types do give me a bit of trouble, though. Would it be viable to switch Koko's moveset to Specs/Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam/Volt Switch/Grass Knot? Or would a Life Orb set be better, with Calm Mind instead of Volt Switch? Its HP is Dragon, so that's not amazing to run.
>>
>>31006170
Rid yourself of the first two for more aggressive attackers. Ninetales is too weak and Marowak is too slow.
>>
If I Swords Dance with Mimikyu, and the opponent uses something that doesn't break the disguise, is it generally better to SD again/until it's broken or just go for the kill?
>>
>>31006242

I usually just go for the attack next turn and then if it didnt quite kill go for shadow sneak
>>
File: 1469136769271.png (83KB, 366x407px) Image search: [Google]
1469136769271.png
83KB, 366x407px
>Play Memetree single Supers
> Reach 45 with Mega Frisbeemence, Mimikyu and Aegislash
>Watch my team get flinched Haxed to death by dugtrio
>Try again
>Reach 25 before completely rekt by a Mega sableeye who manages to status my mimikyu and play rough doesn't hit once

Getting real tired of this shit.
I'm going to try using the Tapu's with a new team (haven't decided yet) next run but the amount of times I've gotten close calls because of flinchhax is fucking absurd.

Yes I mad. fuck this shit.
>>
>>31006395
Use Fini. I used Megamence, Aegislash and Fini and I've made it to 100 wins. It's a very solid team.
>>
>>31006232
Really? Marowak is very slow, but it seems to do okay when Aurora Veil is up.
>>
>>31006465
Thanks Anon

did you lead with Fini or mence? I actually haven't used any of the Tapu's yet. I'm assuming you lead with Fini for the misty Terrain
>>
>>31006559
No, I lead with Mence. I often have to switch on turn 1 because they lead with something that can OHKO Megamence, but Aegislash and Fini cover Megamence's weaknesses really well. Intimidate from regular Salamence is really useful for later on in battles too.

My specific team is here >>30987898
>>
Asking here. Would this setup on Kartana work?

>Adamant
>4 HP 252 SDef 252 Speed
>Psycho Cut
>Sacred Sword
>Smart Strike
>Air Slash
>Lansat Berry

Or just completely give up on hoping he'll survive a special attack, and get the Lansat crits to proc?
>>
>>31005690

Use Leech Life or Wood Hammer.

Both 100 accuracy moves with decent power behind them.

The point is just because Play Rough is your physical STAB doesn't mean you have to use it.
>>
File: 1473901207508.jpg (102KB, 336x506px) Image search: [Google]
1473901207508.jpg
102KB, 336x506px
>>31006665
>mfw
ah thanks again anon, yeah it IS a good combo

It's a good thing we have these generals, I probably would've given up on this bullshit days ago.
>>
What should I run as my 4th move on Mega Lucario? I am thinking Bullet Punch, Swords Dance and Close Combat for the other 3 slots.

Should I just use Earthquake?
>>
Alright went straight through dubs in one go. No guard rock slides with megamence's intimidate works so well with all the flinches.
>>
File: 1482093010098.png (317KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482093010098.png
317KB, 800x600px
>>31006747
No problem anon. Good luck
>>
>>31006242

I think if you take longer than two turns to do anything that's not offensive then you're just opening yourself up to more trouble than it's worth.

Most of the Battle Tree mons consist of irritating combos or stupid RNG rolls that are more dangerous the more time the opponent has to use them - so you should treat every turn as crucial. What's great about Mimikyu is that you basically get a "free" turn, but even so I would try to get on the offensive as soon as possible.
>>
>>31006665
Whats Fini's set?
>>
>>31006918
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
>>
>>31006992
Thanks b
>>
>>30982578
Hay i use a choice scarf Pinsir that runs guillotine.
>>
File: 1337893758847.png (193KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
1337893758847.png
193KB, 450x413px
>Bank still not compatible with SuMo
>All my good mons still stuck in last gen
>Can't get anywhere on the battle tree with my ingame team
>Can't breed a good team because I need the breeding items
>Can't get items because I can't get the BP

The suffering is fucking real. Since I can't get my actually good team over from Gen6 yet, how can I get started?
>>
for you guys who run smogonslash, have you considered swapping shadow sneak out fo aerial ace? is a priority move that important if you're planning to use golisopod, and you have nothing to deal with evasion tanks?
>>
>>31007209
bend over and throw ultra beasts at battle royal or the tree

you'll eventually collect enough to buy the breeding items, but boy is the grind not fun
>>
>>31007209
UB's and Tapus. EV train either through SOS battles or Pelago. I got about a 30 streak in Super Doubles just mindlessly pressing attacks. My lead 'mons got me through the regular Doubles pretty easily.
>>
>>31007209
Which items do you need? I can give you some of the items if you want. I have a ton of spare BP.
>>
>Fairy Silvally/Garchomp/Pyukumuku
>Get to 32 with only having to pull out Pyuku three times
>some bitch with a Pelliper shows up
>SD with Sylvally, Hurricane is a surprising hit to 3HKO range
>Multi Attack next turn
>Second hurricane confuses me
>Kill myself from confusion turn 3
>shit
>Garchomp somehow doesn't kill with Crunch
>Blizzard out of nowhere ruins me
>Confuses Pyuku with another hurricane but able to Toxistall it to death
>Rotom is next
>Thunder wave
>thunder bolt
>thunder bolt
>Dead without being able to even toxic it or do anything but soak

I am completely livid.

I don't wanna use UBs, god dammt.
>>
alright, i've finished breeding and ev training, now i just need to grind for evolutions. r8 tem?

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Sassy +HP +SpA

Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon
King's Shield

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Adamant +HP +Att

Aqua Jet
Leech Life
Rock Slide
First Impression

Hydreigon @ Focus Sash
Naive +SpA +Spe

Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Earthquake

thoughts?
>>
File: 1482171043113.png (113KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
1482171043113.png
113KB, 500x290px
About to attempt the Super Tree for the first time, team idea:

Minior, ADAMANT full speed n attack, 4 HP, the stat fixing herb
Shell smash, Acrobatics, Stone Edge, EQ

Golisopod adamant, max attack n HP, 4 spdef, Assault vest/Life Orb (Can't decide RN)
!, Sucker Punch, Aqua Jet, Leech Life

Mega Mence, Adamant, max attack n speed, 4 HP, intimidate on regular mence
Flamethrower, D dance, return, EQ

I heard hyper offensive can work since most teams will just have one or two physical walls.
Point out all the shit I'm doing wrong here and recommendations.
>>
>>31007541
I run Sucker Punch instead of Leech Life on Goli. Is Leech Life worth it over Sucker Punch?
>>
>>31007341
The thirties are a real pain in the ass, after that The memetree just starts throwing legends at you if that wasn't enough.

Hope you enjoy being flichhax by landerous
>>
>>31005515
I'm just pissed I can't just pass all berries from gen VI. I don't want to bother doing it again.
>>
>>31007825
i've heard people swear by leech life for the sustain and reliability. i've got plenty of priority already
>>
>>31007924
Got it, thanks.
>>
>>31007690
Why are you using flamethrower on Megamence, especially with an adamant nature? If you really want a fire attack use fire fang, but there are still better options
>>
>>31007541
Switch Aerial Ace for Air Slash on the sword? Air Slash counts as a special attack, not to mention the 30% flinch might save your life.
>>
>>31007971
aegislash is slow as balls, though, and aerial ace is a guaranteed hit for minimize spammers

>>31007968
a lot of mons with monstrous defense are weak to fire special, like avalugg and ferrothorn
>>
>>31007971
Aegislash can't learn air slash
>>
>>31007968
Pretty much entirely coverage. For ice and potentially other counters.
>>
>>31008042
>>31008015
Shit forgot. Good points.

As for general competitive purposes, has anyone gone with
Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Adaptability
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
IVs: 0 Atk, 31 on stats that matter
- Protect
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Hyper Beam
You just open with Breakneck Blitz to OHKO, then T-Wave Swag the next mon if you can, switch out to something else, and keep Porygon-Z alive with Hyper Beam in reserve. Or just use it immediately on the next mon, and hope it hits.
>>
>>31003519
>is it much easier to win in Super Doubles than Super Singles?
I beat singles in one try.
After 2 weeks I have yet to get the 50 streak in doubles
I FUCKING HATE DOUBLES SO GODAMN MUCH
>>
I have the wrong nature Tapu, and I can't seem to get a decent one from the GTS.

am I screwed over or is it doable for the tree? It's lax fini
>>
>>31008228
People eat up Chansey on the GTS, try using those as bait
>>
>>30982775

A Golisopod with an eject button made me laugh
>>
Done singles, going in for doubles. In honesty i've almost never committed to the Doubles gameplay, so i'm a bit lost for where to start.

Was thinking Tapu Koko spamming Thunder whilst + Pelipper spams Hurricane with both field effects up, but I don't see that combo often in these threads so I guess it's not actually that useful in practice?

I know Oranguru is amazing, but I don't know what it would best pair with.

Any success stories?
>>
Need help making/finishing a team. Here's what I've got so far.

Golisopod @ Red Card (hopefully i can buy one soon, I wasted the one you get for free)
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- First Impression
- Poison Jab
- Leech Life

Espeon @ (???)
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun

Haxorus @ (Focus Sash?)
Ability: Mold breaker
EVs: ???
Jolly Nature
-Outrage
-Iron Tail
-Dragon Dance
-???

Garchomp @ (???)
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 speed and attack, 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Crunch

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame body
EVs: 252 spatk and HP, 4 speed
Modest nature
-Flamethrower
-clear smog
-thunderbolt
-psychic

Metagross @ Mega stone
Ability: Clear body--->tough claws
Adamant nature
-Bullet punch
-Zen headbutt
-Meteor mash
-Hammer arm

Braviary @ ???
Ability: Keen Eye
Crush Claw
Roost
Bulk up
Brave bird

Milotic @ ???
Marvel Scale
Brave Nature (I know it sucks, I got it over wonder trade)
Protect
Hydro pump
Recover
Ice beam

What should I do?
>>
>>31008673

- Your Golisopod doesn't need Poison Jab. It DOES need priority, so breed Aqua Jet on to it, or use Sucker Punch.
- Poison Jab is better coverage for Haxorus than Iron Tail. Last move should be Earthquake
- Why would Garchomp need Crunch? Give it Brick Break or Stone Edge

In general your thinking regarding coverage is lacking. For example you choose Iron Tail on Haxorus to cover both Ice and Fairy, but actually you can still hit Ice Types for high STAB damage with Outrage, use the more accurate Poison Jab on fairies, and then Earthquake for Steel types including Klefki who would otherwise wall you.
>>
File: 1481622941253.gif (184KB, 202x121px) Image search: [Google]
1481622941253.gif
184KB, 202x121px
Finally managed to overcome Kiawe and his fucking Mega Kangaskhan.

EEXG-WWWW-WWW3-EAER

Fuck that thing.
>>
File: 1473108449765.jpg (123KB, 754x776px) Image search: [Google]
1473108449765.jpg
123KB, 754x776px
>>30997931

>ran into this one day
>KO'd mimikyu and celesteela
>toxapex managed to tank it until it ran out of PP and struggled to death
>>
>>30994932
Happens to me often as well. I had a Lapras set up Rain Dance against my Marowak (which I kept in since I didn't want to switch anything else into a +1 Surf or Hydro Pump), only for it to use Thunder. Not sure if it even had a water move.

Other times the AI will just try to Thunderbolt it two or three times in a row.
>>
>>31007690
It's worth it to run mixed Minior, if only so you don't have to deal with the absolute horseshit accuracy of Stone Miss. That will end runs.
>>
Anyone feel like shit catching the tapus? I know they are required if you want an easy time beating the tree but it still feels messed up capturing the guardians
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.