[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Competitively speaking, what is the best UB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

File: 1473339463480.png (644KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473339463480.png
644KB, 1280x1280px
Competitively speaking, what is the best UB?
>>
Your mom tbqh
>>
>>30089711
>>>/b/
>>
>>30089688
Guzzlord < Nihilego < Buzzwole = Xurkitree < Celesteela = Kartana < Pheromosa
>>
Roach is really good
Skeeter is good
Kaguya is good
Cableboi is good
Guzzlord is meh
Kartana is good
Squide is ok
>>
paper wife
>>
>>30089688
Pheromossa probably, it along with Aegislash owns OU right now, one of the funnest mon to play for me this gen.

Celesteela is very good, a specially bulkier skarmory but no recovery aside from leech seed. Coverage is pretty nice with Fire Blast, Air Slash, Flash Cannon. I think it might be high tier OU.

Xurkitree is a beast with choice scarf, it doesn't even need Tail Glow to decimate walls. Tried Tail Glow and it can manage to 2HKO specially defensive Chansey with Thunderbolt.

Buzzswole is basically a better Heracross, haven't tried this one much aside from Bulk Up set but I heard Scarf set is pretty nice, especially after Pheromosa is banned.

Nihilego's pretty solid, don't like to use it much though.

Haven't tried Kartana and Guzzlord, People said Guzzlord's no good though.
>>
>>30089848
What set do you run with Pheromosa?
>>
>>30089869
The usual one I guess
Naive with Life Orb
252 atk 252 spe 4 spa
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Lunge/Poison Jab
-High Jump Kick

Literally the only set you need. Pair it with Scarf Tapu Lele and the only thing stopping it is Aegislash
>>
>>30089920
Thanks
>>
Celesteela > Pheromosa = Kartana > Xurkitree > Buzzwole > Nihilego = Guzzlord

Assault Vest Celesteela
Focus Sash Pheromosa and Kartana
Choice Scarf Xurkitree
>>
>>30089920
It bugs me that GF gives fucking everything High Jump Kick.
>>
>>30089920
Pheromosa-Aegislash-Tapu Lele are fucking lethal in 1 team.

Pheromosa-Bisharp-Dugtrio is not too shabby either.

Priority got hit so hard this gen.
>>
>>30089848
I've been using AV Buzzwole and it's been performing exceptionally well. It can't break through Toxapek even with EQ though.
>>
>>30090123
Toxapex can even live through Landorus's eq, that thing might be suspected at some point in the future.

Gonna try AV Buzzswole later on, what team mate do you have for it?Maybe Dugtrio to trap and hopefully 2HKO Toxapex
>>
I'm about to catch Buzzwole. What sets are showing up popular for it? Was it an Adamant AV set or a Careful Bulk Up set?
>>
>>30090224
I don't have a real serious team built just yet, right now I'm just testing out the new mons, but Tapu Fini is really nice to have with it so you don't have to worry about Scald. Conversion Porygon-Z also breaks through Toxapek and most other stallmons pretty easily as long as Chansey is down.
>>
>>30089973
Pretty spot on, I agre-
>Assault Vest Celesteela
retard
>>
High-Tier
>Cockroach
>Cables
>Bamboo
>Origami

Mid-Tier
>Jellyfish
>Mosquito

Low-Tier
>Mouth
>>
>>30090082
>priority got hit so hard
how? sorry I'm clueless
>>
>>30091411

Some priority moves were nerfed, Gale Wings was destroyed, one terrain prevents priority just to name a few things.
>>
File: 1423411165152.gif (607KB, 187x220px) Image search: [Google]
1423411165152.gif
607KB, 187x220px
>Giga Mouth is the only UB I like
>it got the short end of the stick among the whole group with their lopsided minmaxed stats
>slow, no recovery and typing brings it plenty of common weaknesses
>worst of all, you can only catch one Guzzlord per game compared to the rest so you don't get to experiment with different builds in-game without trading
UBs were a mistake
>>
>>30091769
how many cockroaches and xurktrees can ya catch?
>>
>>30092279
You get

1 Jelillie
4 Turkish women/2 gains skeeter
1 wiggle friend
2 bamboo waifus/4 Kubo characters
1 mouth
1 black guy
>>
>>30092279
The non exclusives are 1-ofs, the exclusives are either 2-ofs or 4-ofs. 2 buzzwole, 4 pheromosa, 4 kartana, 2 celesteela
>>
>>30092374
For being almost legendary Pokémon, they're being a little too generous with the distribution
>>
>>30092374
>1 black guy
Not an UB
>>
>>30092374
>>30092385
wow so you cant get cockroach in sun? I fucked up
>>
>>30092403
I know that, don't be an autist.
>>
>>30092374
So you either catch the Lillie at the tunnel or the park, not both?
I'm quite glad about the bottle caps I guess because seeing as I Synchrod Modest onto it so it can't possibly be fucked up in any way unless I picked the wrong nature.
>>
Skeeter is the best. No contest
>>
>>30091769
>Guzzlord is favorite UB.
>Has one of my favorite stats spreads.
>Is shit compared to the other UBs.
It's still good ingame I guess..
>>
>>30092374

Eh? I got two wiggle friends in my game.
>>
>>30089711
I agree, Pheromosa is very nice.
>>
>>30089688
Pheromosa right now is the undisputed queen of the meta, the only thing that can stop it is Aegislash, Pheromosa is definitely getting banned in the next week, and most likely Aegislash with it.

Kartana is up there as well but is easier to handle due to it's manageable speed tier at 109, but that attack power on top to Beast Boost snowballing is insane, will be banned as well.

Xurkitree runs a stupid good scarf set, probably will be banned later on in the year.

the rest are good and for the most part manageable as well, I love using Celesteela as a Skarmory clone with better mixed bulk, Buzzwole and Nihilego are balanced and will probably fall to UU or BL, and Guzzlord got the shit end of the stick, gonna fall in the tiers but I don't know how far he'll fall.
>>
>>30093259
Toxapex does a really good job at removing the Turkish beauty model.
>>
File: trump.jpg (108KB, 594x549px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
108KB, 594x549px
>>30093328
>Turkish beauty model
>>
>>30093259
>Xurkitree
What set? I'm getting destroyed on the battle spot with him
>>
>>30092374
>Tfw thought I had to use beast balls
>tfw only jellyfish
>tfw its not in better ball
;_:

Also I got 2 wiggly electric ya boys
>>
I don't get why they made the UB-02/UB-04 exclusives have flipped numbers. Would've made more sense to have a similar number of exclusives to exclusives (i.e. 2 or 4 each of either Buzzwole/Pheromosa or Kartana/Celesteela).

Whatever. I have Sun so it'll be easier to get a Pheromosa.
>>
>>30094890
Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 S.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Ice (if you're on battlespot in-game, Dazzling Gleam will work fine)

The main draw is that a 173 S.Atk STAB volt switch is going to hit like a mother fucking truck, pair this guy up with Tapu Koko's terrain support and you're destroying everything that's not a ground type.
>>
>>30091490
>Now only works with full HP

Holy shit, they didn't just hit it, they snapped it in two with the nerfbat.

Literally because of Brave Bird, Jesus.
>>
>>30095387
It was a stupid ability to begin with

They should have just made a Flying priority move
>>
>>30089920
Actually Alolan marowak also fucks with that duo since nothing pherosma does hits Marowak for much of anything and a shadow bone will really hurt Tapu lele
>>
>>30091357
>Not liking mouth
Is this nigga fuckin srs?
>>
>>30090050
Everything except for Kommo-o who could have really used a stronger Fighting STAB...
>>
>>30098649
Competitively speaking, he's not good. Pretty okay design-wise, though.
>>
>>30092433
Have fun getting them to 100 though
>>
>>30093259
>Kartana is up there as well but is easier to handle due to it's manageable speed tier at 109, but that attack power on top to Beast Boost snowballing is insane, will be banned as well.
Kartana will fall to BL in no time, it's like Kyurem-B with even MORE deceptive stats. Its highest damage STAB is Leaf Blade at 90 base power and arguably the worst offensive type to attack with in the entire game, then the rest of its movepool is 70BP attacks. Anyone above like 120 base attack that actually has strong physical STAB moves will hit as hard or harder.

And if any team starts having problems with it, any Pokemon with HP Fire can OHKO it effortlessly. A Weavile running a Life Orb set, minus-SpA nature and no investment whatsoever can replace any of its moves with HP Fire to have a guaranteed OHKO on Kartana. WEAVILE.
>>
>>30099144
Actually, any decently strong and even resisted hit KOes Kartana like the wet piece of paper it literally is. And unlike Infernape and other speedy fragiles it can't actually get away with resisted hits because its SpD is THAT bad
>>
>>30100331
If you had any sort of common sense you wouldn't even attempt to switch Kartana on a special attack. I'm thinking of Trying Kartana with a Z attack, likely Bloom Doom since that will hit the hardest.
>>
Uber:

Pheromosa
Celesteela
Kartana

OU:

Xurkitree
Buzzwole

UU:

Guzzlord
Nihilego
>>
>>30100440
Yeah but j/s any decent special attack will do it in whether you switch in or stay in.

Kartana is really an odd case, but it's too strong for UU guarunteed.
>>
>>30091490
Sometimes I wonder if the professor was originally meant to have smogonbird, but then GF realised it's way too strong for the team and would conflict with fire starter, nerfed it hard, then thought may as well replace it with Braviary anyway.
>>
>>30100482
>Celesteela
>Kartana
No.
>>
>>30100482
>Celesteela
>Kartana
>uber
Yeah no
>>
What's the best set for Nihilego?
Encountered both SR sets and choice sets.
>>
>>30092374

You get two wiggle friends. I got a modest and quiet one sitting in my PC.
>>
>>30100482
Kartana in Uber? Maybe. But Celesteela's one of the more honest ones, it'll stay in OU for eternity.
>>
>>30100929
People aren't using it much so it's hard to say. Nihilego doesn't really beat other leads w/o HP Ice and Sash though, and it checks Fairies pretty well, so I'd go with an offensive set.
>>
I can get my moon playing friends to catch two roaches for me, should I tell them to get a jolly/timid or adamant/modest?
>>
>>30100972
Naive seems to be the most popular right now.
>>
>>30092418
You fucked up by not buying and/or pirating both games.
>>
>>30100972
Any of those natures are fine except Modest, since most Pheromosa sets don't have much usefulness beyond HJK, Ice Beam, U-turn, and Poison Jab / Me First.
>>
>>30100972
Naive, it really needs mixed coverage.
>>
>>30101021
>>30101156

So Naive and what?
>>
So can someone make the most competitive Guzzlord stat and nature wise possible? I really want to use one, but I'm not really good at that kind of thing. I realise its not anywhere near good, but it's my favorite ultrabeast, so I'll make it work.
>>
>>30100482
>he fell for le epic 180 atk meme
>>
>>30101324
>180 atk + 223 speed + shit defenses + band
btfo
>>
What are some good natures for Celesteele? I have no clue what to do with the bamboo stick chick as her stats are all over the place and her movepool is a mixed bag of flavours.
>>
*unsheathes kartana*

pshh... is that even a question...?
>>
>>30101439
This is what I have been running, with great success
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Leech Seed
- Protect
>>
>>30101184
see: >>30089920
>>
>>30101439
Sassy or Relaxed for mixed wall, Adamant for Choice Band, any Speed boosting nature for Autotomize.
>>
I'm retarded and just realized that the beast ball will always catch Kartana and the roach regardless of health or status. Keep that in mind when resetting.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.