[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun and Moon Q&A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 27

File: 1000hours in paint.jpg (54KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
1000hours in paint.jpg
54KB, 578x327px
Can't find a Q&A thread so I'll start one.

Obligatory (READ THIS BEFORE ASKING):
http://pastebin.com/d1j1RmYJ

QR codes:
http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

How do you make exegutor island rain?
I want to catch a Sliggo but according to pastebin it only appear as SOS encounter during weather, which I assume is rain for Goomy line.
>>
How do I go about getting myself unbanned? I kind of wanted to see the online activity on release, maybe battle a few newbs, wondertrade some cool shit.
>>
>>30005518
>How do I go about getting myself unbanned?
buy a new 3ds you fucking cuck
>>
Where is minior at?
>>
>>30005518
You will need a second hacked 3DS. Just injecting a blank nnidsave.bin wouldn't work.
Look it up on gbatempt on how to do it.
>>
How many hair colors are there for boys? Is customization better or worse than X/Y?
>>
>>30005547
Pastebin or scan its QR code.
>>
>>30005551
>need a new console
I hope someone finds a way to do it without. Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>>30005473
What are the new shiny hunting methods?
>>
So, what are the big OU mons of this generation?
>>
When is the first clothing/customization shop? Default clothes are killing me
>>
is there any way to skip the cutscenes?
>>
>>30005558
Also is there a sheet, preferrably with images that show every hair, makeup and clothing options for the girls.
>>
>>30005563
I clearly did not read the OP. Thanks friend I'll have a look.
>>
>>30005558
8 IIRC.
Customisation has less option compared to X/Y. Applies to both gender but generally female has more options to pick.
>>
>>30005518
Folks on gbatemp found a way to do it with only your 3DS, try looking for that.
>>
I want to get back into Pokemon, but I have a few questions. I quit after Gen IV.

Which games still have trading over the internet enabled? I know that Nintendo discontinued it for Gen IV but don't know about V and onwards.

What is the difference between X and Y and their sequel games? Is it basically like the difference between DP and Platinum/RS and Emerald?

Sorry if I misused this thread at all. Didn't want to make a new thread for this.
>>
>>30005566
SOS call.
Read the pastebin on how to do it.
>>
>>30005588
Link?
>>
Should I not use the exp share for a challenge?
>>
>>30005568
Pretty early, Keep playing.
>>30005571
No.
>>
>>30005610
Knock yourself out.
Just don't bitch about later when you get rekt hard by some of the totem bosses.
>>
>>30005633
Are totem pokemon that hard?
>>
>>30005649
Not really, but it's kinda a wake up call for those who just speed through the game like a fucking retard.
Just like in almost any JRPG ever, you grind, you win.
>>
>>30005609
Had to dig for it, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-260#post-6849812

Haven't tried it myself, but hopefully it'll work for you.
>>
File: 1477187997163.jpg (118KB, 527x367px) Image search: [Google]
1477187997163.jpg
118KB, 527x367px
So if I have the lurantis leak can I go online now?

I don't really want to be bothered with backing up saves, reinstalling, and all that other faggotry.
>>
>>30005702
Yeah you can. The only reason people were getting banned was because they went online before the actual release date. Nintendo has no way of finding out that your version is 0, nor do they care.
>>
>>30005702
It's never hurt to be extra safe, anon.
I haven't actually try myself though since I got banned.
>>
>>30005702
im NA and have been online with my completed save since JP/AU got theirs
not banned, even went to to gamestop with my normie friends to get theirs and fucked around
>>
>>30005717
When did you get banned?
>>
What's a good nature for Rowlet and I it even worth trying to get a good nature. Like can I save before picking? I heard the intro is long.
>>
>>30005737
You can save after the bridge scene to not have to play through it all, but there's still some stupid cutscene shit before you can check gender, nature, or shiny.
>>
>>30005733
The first ban wave from two days ago.
I thought I was invincible and Nintendo can't do jack shit. Guess I've learned my lesson.
>>30005737
Any nature for normal playthrough should be fine.
>>
When do SOS wild encounters start happening? I really want a regenerator Slowpoke, but he just wont call for help, so I assume that some story event triggers SOS battles.
>>
>>30005782
After beating the first Kahuna or after getting Tauros mount if I remember correctly.
>>
>>30005590
All the DS games had online disabled so Gen V can't trade online either.

X and Y didn't get sequels, that was Black and White. They were actually a lot more different than Crystal/Emerald/Platinum style games, they added like 5 new cities and a bunch of new routes and areas, and a completely new story set two years after BW 1. You go through the region in a completely different order and everything, plus all the extra shit you get from the standard third versions. They're pretty good, if you want to do Gen V you should get Black + Black 2 or White + White 2. Gen 6 never got a third version but it did get Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

While you can't do online trading in the DS games anymore the transfer method between Gens is still available. Gen 4 to 5 needs two devices so if you still have your old DS and buy a 3DS you can do that just fine. Gen 5 to any Gen onwards uses Pokémon Bank which is a paid service that acts as a link between all your games and lets you transfer Pokémon between games in a Gen and hold up to 3000 Pokémon. It's 5 bucks a year which is gay but it means you don't need two devices or specific models to transfer between Gens and it futureproofs the transfer system for future games.
>>
I'm looking for the Team Skull shirt; I read in a thread that you get it in the Po Town Pokémon Center, but none of the grunts there are giving it to me. Is it only available in postgame?
>>
>>30005861
> Is it only available in postgame?
Yes.
>>
>>30005861
Yep.
>>
>>30005691
That shit is confusing as fuck, I have no clue what they're even talking about
>>
>>30005884
what? its like 4 steps or something and its pretty clear
>>
How do you change a mons ivs? Is it very time consuming or expensive?
>>
>>30005914
Is that post edited after the shitstorm of testing that followed?

In any case, I'll be able to do this if I use Luma, right? I followed Plialect's guide to install it but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to this stuff.
>>
What is a good nickname for a female Rockruff?
>>
>>30005917
They have to be at level 100 and then you take them to the hyper training centre. You give them bottle caps which boost IVs. Silver caps boost a single stat to 31 and gold caps do all at 31. Note that it doesn't actually make their IVs 31, it boosts them to 31 in all situations but breeding. So you can't hyper train a Ditto and become a breeding god.
>>
At what point I the game do you get cosmog?
>>
>>30005957
Wow it's like Game Freak loves giving us monkey paws.
>>
So I'm safe from a ban if I download through the freeshop now right?
>>
>>30005473
Your FAQ says that Crabrawler is found in berry piles under trees, but how often do those reappear?
>>
>>30005914
So here are the steps I see:
>Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
> Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
>Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
>Save, inject to sysnand

When I start up Hourglass9, what do I do to start the first step?
>>
>>30005691
>3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
I don't even know how to do this. I went into decrypt9 on boot but I couldn't find any thing on the menu that says extract or some shit. Do I go to sysNAND or emuNAND?
Apologize for being an illiterate faggot but I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.
Also, I'm running on a9lh with cakes. I followed plailect guide earlier this year when Luma wasn't as popular as it is now.
>>
>>30005967
Postgame. Without major spoilers, you catch the one Lillie has in the box legendary stage like normal for box legendaries but in the post game you can find a second Cosmog in a certain location who will eventually evolve into a second box legend, mostly for trading for someone else's second box legend. Good luck though, Cosmog only learns Teleport and Splash before it evolves at level 53.
>>
>>30005952
Puffyvulv
>>
Which island will I find Trapinch on?

I'm looking forward to SOS chaining one to try for a shiny adamant Flygon.
>>
>>30006015
sysnand->file dump or file inject
>>
Do we know how Hidden Abilities are obtained yet?
>>
>>30006037
It will never be as good as Garchomp just give up.
>>
>>30006038
So I assume extract means dump?
>>
>never got to give Lillie a starter for her Kanto adventures so she'd always have something to remember you by
;_;
>>
>>30006037
3rd island on the desert.
>>30006051
No need to shit talk other's favourite mon, anon. We're here to help each other.
>>
>>30006053
Not sure, I used and old version of decrypt9wip and it said file dump/ file inject for me.
>>
>>30006044
SOS chains. Only applies for wild mons for now though.
Starters probably will get some kind of event like in previous gen.
>>
>>30006005
pls respond, am I fucking up by using Hourglass9? Is there another way to open Decrypt 9? If you can help me get unbanned then I'll buy Sun tomorrow.
>>
>>30006044
Pokémon that are called for backup by other Pokémon have a chance at having their HA. The more backup is called, the higher the chance they can have a HA is. You use Adrenaline Orbs I think to force a backup call, knock one out then force a backup call over and over to keep boosting your chances. It boosts the chance of a shiny appearing too, so HA shiniest might be pretty common this Gen.
>>
File: awesome Gible IV view.png (72KB, 512x777px) Image search: [Google]
awesome Gible IV view.png
72KB, 512x777px
>>30006051
Dude, I have a quad-perfect Garchomp from Gen V I'm going to be Poké Transport later today.
I fucking love Flygon though it's my bro.

>>30006065
Fantastic, I'm already at third island.
>>
>>30006053
Yes, same thing.
>>
Whats a good nature for Vikavolt/Pikachu?
>>
1) Where is Rattata?
2)Where is Grubbin
3) When can I access the EV training?
>>
Is there a way to remove the Rotom-Map from the bottom once you get it? or is that added later/stuck with it forever?
>>
>>30006073
Yeah, I couldn't find any option for extracting either.
But the steps say 'extract' which confuses me.
>>
File: disgust.png (200KB, 265x342px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
200KB, 265x342px
>>30006080
>filters
>>
>>30006077
Are you using Luma+A9LH?

>>30006110
It will stay there. Forever
>>
>>30006129
I think so
>>
>>30006077
Might want to ask /vg/ for that kind of help, friend.
>>
>>30006129
please, please tell me you're just fucking with me. there's not even an option ot have the amie-esque screen there instead? Or even the Poke-TV from ORAS?
>>
>>30006096
Sweet.
I'll try this later when I finish today's work.

Thanks, friend.
>>
>>30005473
I already know the answer but is Battle Frontier or anything like it back?

Please not Maison again
>>
I'm mostly awake at night, but I feel like it would fuck with my immersion if it were daytime at night in-game.

Does certain shit only happen during the day that makes it easier to play, like Animal Crossing? Otherwise why the fuck would Moon set the clock ahead 12 hours?
>>
>>30006150
Gotta get those yokai watchfags to hop on board nigga.
>>
>>30005610
How does the exp share work in the game? Is it completely broken like in XY?
>>
>>30006160
>Please not Maison again
I'm sorry, anon...
>>
>>30006150
Haha anon, I'm sorry

>>30006131
Can you boot up Decrypt9WIP by holding any buttons?
>>
>>30006191
I can boot up Hourglass9 by holding Start on boot
>>
Where's the best postgame training spot?
>>
>>30006164
>Does certain shit only happen during the day
Some pokemon only appear and evolve at day time or night time.
You need to be at day time to fight Mallow AFAIK.
>>
>>30006166
>>30006191
god fucking dammit. I'm salty now. I'm actually fucking salty about something so trivial.
>>
Question for Pokemon Sun players in postgame.
What are the two locations Buzzwole shows up in? I know someone told me Melemele Meadow, but he didn't remember the other area.

>>30006164
It has the clock set ahead 12 hours to be different is all.
>>
>>30006189
>we'll make the game more appealing for our 20th anniversary by still not bringing back our best postgame content of all time even though we teased you in oras
why live
>>
>>30006212
RNG Frontier is shit
>>
>>30006179
It works like BW. It scales with your level so it's easy to grind if you're under-leveled but not if you're over-leveled.
>>
>>30006109
Bumping this
>>
>>30006226
Sounds nice, but I'm specifically wondering how the exp share item works. It was way too good in XY.
>>
>>30006222
waste of trips

Battle Factory, Battle Dome, in fact just the whole island was gold

Your ideas are faggoty and you should feel faggoty
>>
>>30006199
Alright. Download the latest version of Decrypt9WIP from GitHub, open the zip. Take Decrypt9WIP.bin, rename it x_Decrypt9WIP.bin, go to your luma folder, then put the bin into payloads.

Now you can boot into decrypt by holding x
>>
>>30006231
First two are in the encounter tables in the OP's pastebin
Third is immediately after you beat the Fire trial. Open the X Menu and go to PokePelago. It'll take a few beans to even unlock Isle Evelup.
>>
>>30005999
does anyone know this? I want to use one so bad.
>>
File: Pokemon-Z-Crystal.jpg (73KB, 814x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Z-Crystal.jpg
73KB, 814x1075px
Can Z-Crystals be Knocked Off? Does Knock Off get the boost even if they can't?

We already know they can't be Tricked.
>>
>>30005473
Haven't got the game yet; what actually are the Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>30006236
It's the same as XY, but nowhere near as broken with BW's exp scaling system.
>>
>>30006266
Don't bother. It takes a long time to evolve and it dies so easily to everything.

I had to ditch it for a Hariyama with thick fat for my beach team.
>>
>>30006272
No and no afaik
>>
Best nature for Rowlet, Popplio and Litten?
>>
Why is my mom brown if I'm white
>>
>>30006283
I don't mind, the evolutions typing will be worth it. I just want to know how to get the damned thing
>>
Can I catch a Pichu before the festival battle with Hau? Trying to catch one for my team and despite being in the right patches of grass (as my previous playthrough) I cannot find a damn Pichu. Do they lock you out of it until after the second fight with Hau somehow?
>>
>>30006259
Alright, I'm in Decrypt9
>>
>>30006280
Pokémon from another dimension
>>
>>30006305
BLEACHED
>>
>>30006281
So it's mandatory again? Why do they even include the item if they want exp to be distributed like that? They should just make the sharing a part of the exp system.
>>
>>30006266
Once a day. I think I started noticing the berries shaking once I got to the second island though, but any island can have them.
>>
>>30006313
No.
>Do they lock you out of it until after the second fight with Hau somehow?
Yes. You can first enter Hau'oli City after the Trainer's School IIRC.
>>
Can someone point me toward a list of the Festival facilities, what they do, and which ones are better/worse than others? The game's already prompting me to replace one of mine but I haven't had a chance to see what they actually do yet and I don't want to replace something decent only to realize it was really useful down the road.
>>
>>30006335
Okay, I'm about to go to the second island so thats not too bad. maybe I can SR in front of the berries.
>>
Considering there's only ~750 scannable QR codes, does that mean the rest ~75 island scan Pokemon? I'm a bit confused by how this works. Are island scan Pokemon only obtainable via island scan?
>>
>>30006262
The pastebin is an incomprehensible mess
>>
I just got the doggo ride that can sniff up hidden items, but how does it work?

I found some place where he gets an exclamation mark above his head, then I get off to try and pick it up but there's nothing.
>>
File: 1410316720316.jpg (12KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410316720316.jpg
12KB, 235x250px
>fight the first Totem 'Mon
>it's lv12
>my team is encroaching on 20
EXP share truly was a mistake, I only wanted to use it to train up new mons and instead I end up blowing through the first challenge.
>>
When does trading become available?
>>
>>30006359
And comparing to Serebii's listings, might be wrong in some places. Castform is listed in Lush Jungle only on the Pastebin, but on Serebii it's listed in 3 other locations. If I can find this, Goomy and fucking Vanillish without SOS'ing, please tell me where.
>>
>>30006378
You're doing it wrong. Keep EXP share on, it's retard proof.
>>
>>30006315
Go to sysNAND options, system file dump, and dump the two needed files.

By the way, I haven't actually done this. Just so you know. I'm just stating the steps as I understand them
>>
>>30006322
Fuck knows anon, at least it can be turned off this way. I find it's ok if you only use it sparingly.

While I'm here, does anyone know where to get fossils?
>>
Can only male trainers wear loafers?
>>
OP here,

>tfw no one has answered your question yet
;__;
>>
Just got false swipe, kinda a newbie to pokemon since gen 1.

Any recommendations on a false swipe pokemon?
Something with STAB, abilitity, and paralysis if it exists?
>>
>>30006407
Alright, I've dumped the files. Now what?
I know I'm a retard, if I wasn't I wouldn't have gotten banned in the first place
>>
>>30006378
>>my team is encroaching on 20
How much did you fucking grind? What the fuck? I had EXP Share on most of the game and that never happened to me
>>
>>30006422
ithas to be at night
>>
>>30006378
I just used my newly cought Cutiefly for the whole trial + the island Kahuna was a joke with that.
>>
>>30006425
later on, once it becomes available, Breloom and Gallade both make for good catcher pokemon. Spore/Hypnosis from preevolutions, false swipe/hold back, and other stuff
>>
>>30006339
They're catchable on the last patches of Route 1 right before Iki town along with Hau'oli City though. The Route 1 patches are accessible and I can get Grubbin, but I can't seem to find Pichu.
>>
>>30006377
Blue exclamation mark means keep going in that direction. Red exclamation mark means you're right on top of the item.

>>30006359
I figured they weren't hard to read, but I guess it's just because I played the game so I know which tables are for Hau'oli Outskirts and Melemele Sea and shit. The tables are each patch of grass and the SOS slots are just potential pokemon that show up when a pokemon calls for help.

Route 1 (night) is Ratatta and Grubbin is Hau'oli City's grass at a 10% encounter rate.
>>
name of the femc?
>>
Does it need to specifically be Daytime (like midday-ish) or will morning suffice to evolve Rock Pupper in Sun?
>>
>>30006426
Go download HxD and get it ready, you're about to mess with some hex values.

No prob. I got one of my DS's banned, too, but Twitter dude unbanned it for me

>>30006379
Local trading? You get it very early, after you get your Rotom dex, I think.
>>
File: 1479439753399.jpg (2MB, 1701x2311px) Image search: [Google]
1479439753399.jpg
2MB, 1701x2311px
How the fuck do I add a friend? They don't show up in my guest list.
>>
>>30006448
Aw shit, really? I guess its so rare that I figured it wasn't available there. Thank you for clearing that up.
>>
>>30006441
Cheers, mate.
>>
How the hell do you guys stand the 13.5-15 second load times and animations that can't be disabled when starting new pokemon encounters?

Just beat the first kahuna and it's already driving me nuts.
>>
>>30006484
No problem. I found one so easily last file too, though it was after Hau, so I wondered if GF would actually keep you from it to make the fight marginally harder (not that it's hard to begin with). It seems like a GF thing to do.
>>
>>30006500
I can deal with that. The input delay in Doubles/Totem fights is fucking excruciating though
>>
>>30006469
On my computer, right?
It's open now.
>>
Is it safe to use my savedata file from Lurantis CIA on my legit Cartridge? Will I get Banned ?
>>
I want a non-alolan pichu/pickachu asap. How far into the game do i need to be to use pokebank?
>>
File: 1471121691758.png (123KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1471121691758.png
123KB, 530x530px
>>30006500
I'm not sensitive to that sort of stuff even when I sometimes notice. I remember shit getting bad though.
>>
How do I shortcut Repel to a button?

The random encounter rate in this game is off the fucking charts.
>>
>>30006461
Does not matter.
>>30006471
If you're nearby your friend, you can easily use quick link from menu.

If not, add their FC through friend list at home menu then if you and the friend need to be inside festival plaza. Don't forget to be connected through internet too. Press update on guest list, your friend should show up on the list. Message that shows 'someone wants to play with you' only shows up if the opposite party is not currently accessing menu or talking to NPC.
>>
>>30006545
Move repels to the free space, that way at least you dont need to scroll through half your bag
>>
>>30006531
Assuming it's like ORAS, first Pokemon Center should be when you can pick up your Pichu/Pikachu.
>>
>>30006469
what about wonder trade?
>>
>>30006524
Yeah. Open up movable.sed in HxD. Copy the values from offset 8 to 117 (make sure it says Block: 8-117 at the bottom of the window). Now open your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B in HxD, highlight everything, paste. Save.

Inject your modified friend code seed back into your sysNAND, and apparently that should do it. Let me know if it works, I'm interested to see how it turns out.
>>
>>30005981
Just wait. Next gen, when you transfer your shit over, they have their initial IV again lol
>>
>>30006555
Man that's gonna be annyoing. Also feeling what >>30006500 said really hard.
>>
File: 7dvNifE.png (453KB, 485x322px) Image search: [Google]
7dvNifE.png
453KB, 485x322px
>>30006435
Here's my team right after the first trial.
I was grinding off of ghosts in the cemetery because I was looking for a Drifloon, but it never spawned. Does the 2nd trial catch up to my levels at all?
>>
>>30006591
You get it as soon as Festival Plaza is available. Can't remember how early, but it's definitely before your first trial. Might be when you get your Rotom dex, or at least shortly after
>>
File: Screenshot (52).png (65KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (52).png
65KB, 1366x768px
>>30006592
I'm not exactly sure how to do that, this is the screen that came up when I opened movable.sed
>>
What do these festival facilities do?

Trick Room **
Rare Kitchen *
Ball Shop *
Pokemon House *
Battle Table *
General Store *
Kanto Tent *
Team Navy Blue *
>>
>>30006603
Drifloon is daytime only. You got Misdreavus which was the night mon.
>>
>>30006603
2nd trial is a level 20 Wishiwashi in the rain. If you just finished the first I suggest turning off the exp share for a bit and just shuffling your lead every now and then
>>
I wanna use alola raichu, is he any good?
>>
So I have the leaked moon installed still.
Should I delete that and install a freeshop version and if I do does my save carry across?
>>
>>30006630
No
>>
>>30006630
He's alright. Not the best pokemon ever but he's pretty quick
>>
>>30006632
You have to backup your save. Go here for better help on how to do that: >>30004901
>>
>>30006630
He gets Psychic as soon as he evolves so thats something. Really fun with Nasty Plot too. Downside is fucking no electric moves (or moves at all really) unless you evolve Pikachu at 42 for Tbolt. You're limited to basically Charge Beam and Volt Switch until island 4 where you can buy Thunder. Having a halfway decent hidden power helps too
>>
>>30006640
>>30006643
are there any good alola forms or are they just gimmicks?
>>
>>30006651
Thanks
>>
>>30006630
Really frail.
Psychic is nice and Electro Ball hits hard, but its ability is useless unless you either breed Electric Terrain on it or have something else set up Electric Terrain.
>>
>>30006653
>He gets Psychic as soon as he evolves so thats something

Why isn't that listed on Serebii?
>>
File: Screenshot (53).png (73KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (53).png
73KB, 1366x768px
>>30006620
>>30006592
Wait I think I figured it out.
This is what I have to copy, right?
>>
>>30006664
The person/people who wrote that probably didn't raise one themselves. Or they forgot.
>>
File: Cw6SB75XUAAIyup.jpg (157KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cw6SB75XUAAIyup.jpg
157KB, 874x1200px
Is pic related correct?
Are these the version exclusives?
>>
>>30006669
That's it, yeah.
>>
>>30006656
Muk is stupid good. He can throw around crunches and gunk shots all day
>>
>>30006698
I dont think the Gible line is exclusive because it shows Gabite available in my Moon dex in the desert. I think its an SoS because I've never seen one myself. Also you can find wild Day/Night doggos in their opposite versions in Poni Canyon. Its just evolving them thats exclusive
>>
>>30006698
The Gible and Beldum lines are not exclusive
>>
If my hacked 3ds is banned, will my other 3ds get banned if I import the save onto a cart and use that cart on my non-hacked 3ds and trade?
>>
So did ash greninja end up doing anything at all? Does it activate any special text like shiny beldum does with Steven?
>>
>>30006701
Nope, doesn't look like it worked
>>
What do these festival facilities do?

Trick Room **
Rare Kitchen *
Ball Shop *
Pokemon House *
Battle Table *
General Store *
Kanto Tent *
Team Navy Blue *
>>
How easy is it to reset my pokemon's EV's this game? Is it basically up to chance or is there a reliable way to do it?
>>
>>30006698
Trapinch and goomy are also not exclusive.
>>
File: Pokemon Sun and Moon Exclusives.png (488KB, 1280x1780px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Sun and Moon Exclusives.png
488KB, 1280x1780px
>>30006210
Bump just to make sure pic related is correct.

>>30006698
What the other anons said.
I'm making a version exclusives list too.
>>
>>30006765
EV reducing Berries like Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, etc.
>>
File: 1411427610584.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1411427610584.png
17KB, 393x377px
>Mewoth just picked up a Prism Scale
Huh, are they hard to find otherwise?
>>
>>30006803
The first overworld one is island 4. Mine picked one up too, thought that was nice
>>
>>30006757
Unfortunate. What error are you getting, out of curiosity?
>>
>>30006469
Who is Twitter dude? Is he able to unban 3DSes?
>>
>>30006760
>Trick Room **
It's like a lottery, you send a Pokémon in there and they come out with items. You can get stuff like hyper potions, bottle caps, vitamins, beans.
>Rare Kitchen *
There are different kinds of kitchens, rare kitchens sell level ups. Note that these level ups will not trigger evolutions or moves to be learned
>Ball Shop *
Sells sets of Poké Balls for festival coins. I have a two star ball shop, I can get 24 Great Balls for 48 FC and 24 Poké Balls for 24 FC each day
>Pokemon House *
Not sure, is this the "bounce house"? The Drifloon bouncy house? You can send a Pokémon in there to train EVs.
>Battle Table *
No idea what a table is
>General Store *
A store that sells general items really, you might get stuff like poké toys and honey?
>Kanto Tent *
Is this the fortune telling tent? I want to know what this does too.
>Team Navy Blue *
This is a dye shop, and dye shops let you die white articles of clothing to the specific color.

>>30006765
You'll need EV reducing berries.
There are also friendship kitchens in Festival Plaza that can reduce EVs, but they only work if your Pokémon's friendship is not maxed out.
>>
How do I trade with a friend? The link option only has guests/VIPs
>>
>>30006835
002-0120, I can still access the eshop though.

You mentioned somebody on Twitter who was unbanning people, maybe he could help me?

Looking at the gbatemp thread it looks like their progress is stalling.
>>
>>30006760
>Trick Room ** - some fun house shit
>Rare Kitchen * buy "rare candies"
>Ball Shop * buy pokeballs that you can get in game anyway
>Pokemon House * fortune teller useless
>Battle Table * shit battle items like x def etc
>General Store * probably potions etc
>Kanto Tent * fortune teller shit
>Team Navy Blue * dye your white clothing blue or dark blue
>>
which Pokemon are trade evolutions this gen? want to know so I can avoid them
>>
>>30006838
>>Kanto Tent *
It gives you a bonus for whatever other attractions you have and it gives you a new phrase to use on your profile.

I got a bunch of stuff from my Ghost Den Tent, which basically has your Pokemon finding an item in a haunted house.
>>
How easy is the game compared to ORAS? i know its a childrens game and its as hard as i want it to be but do they hand out legendaries and megas like candy before the story is even over?
>>
where do I get a fishing rod? Just got to the second island. Have I missed it yet?
>>
>>30006894
Easily better than XY and ORAS
>>
>>30006881
>trade evos have become easier and easier every gen
>"I want to avoid em"

regardless, check the pastebin
>>
>>30006881
Alolan

>>30006894
I thought it was an okay challenge, but my team wasn't very balanced in the beginning.
>but do they hand out legendaries and megas like candy before the story is even over?
No. Megas are also postgame.

>>30006902
Reward for your upcoming trial.
>>
>>30006881
I dont think any new ones are, unless you count Alola Golem, in which case you're actually given one for a Haunter after the Ghost Trial

But you seem to not like pain in the ass evos, so ones to avoid would be the Grubbin line (area based evolution on the 4th island), and Crabrawler (area based evolution on Victory Road). The rest are pretty much normal except Lurantis which only evolves during the day past level 33 I think. Oh yeah and Salandit has Combee syndrome. But thats about it
>>
>>30006836
>>30006862
Ah, that's the error I had. Supposedly that one is only temporary.
enMTW on Twitter is the guy. Heads up, though, he might just be handing out the same friend code seeds to everyone, which might be an issue in the future. Or not. I don't know how it works. It's worth a shot, though
>>
>>30006881
>>30006925
Whoops sorry. Alolan Golem off the top of my head. You can get an in-game one.
>>
>>30006894
Varying from easy to hard. Exp share isn't game breaking. Rival can kick your ass later on if you're not prepared. Some totems are a lot more difficult than others. Sometimes your party gets healed by an npc too often.
>>
>>30006941
>same friend code seeds
Didn't those powersaves users get banned for something like that?

In any case I might just have to wait it out then if it's temporary. Thanks for the help though
>>
>>30006853
I'm genuinely stumped here, help?
>>
>>30006754
Bump
>>
How the fuck does misdreavus evolve ? my dusk stone doesn't want to work apparently.
>>
If I'm reading the encounter tables correctly
pichu are found in the second patch of grass on route 1?
aka the once behind the one kukui took you to?
>>
I got some beans for buying a drink in the Pokemon Center. Are there other ways to get beans or is that it?
>>
Where is the earliest place to get wimpod? Serebii says route 8 but I can't find it anywhere. Is it an overworld event thing or RE?
>>
>>30007155
PokePelago once you beat your fire trial.

>>30007161
Overworld event thin by the crater. Use Tauros to catch up to it.
>>
>>30005473
How do we get metal coat in this tiny island?
>>
>>30007144
It's on those grasses infront of the town's entrance.
>>
How far in to the story do we have to go to trade between games?
>>
How do I obtain Magearna with the QR thing and does anyone have a picture of it?
>>
>>30007211
Can't remember but pretty early. Once you get access festival plaza from the menu, you're good to go.
Just keep playing.
>>
>>30007245
Official site says it will be posted on Dec 5.
>>
Is it true that you can only connect with randoms in the plaza? How do I get my friends to appear?
>>
Any info on a move relearner yet? I dont have any heartscales but Im trying to get some lvl 1 moves
>>
>>30007314
Final Pokemon Center at the top of Mount Lanakila
>>
>>30007332
Which island is this? I dont recognize it yet
>>
>>30007279
I though there was a region free version someone had?
>>
I've heard vague mention that a lot of people are going to he disappointed to find that they won't be able to evolve their Salandit? What's the deal with that? How does it evolve?
>>
>>30007368
does it have to be female?
>>
>>30007373
yes
>>
I have to ask, is there red hair available this time? And, I'm assuming that hair is still unpreviewable?
>>
My Eshop digital copy of sun won't play. I live in USA and want to play badly. Please help
>>
>>30007368
>>30007373
Yes and the male/female ratio is fucked. Think of Combee/Vespiquen.
>>
>>30007379
hair is unpreviewable, yes
>>
>>30007381
Is your 3DS system connected to the internet?
>>
>>30007344
Ula'Ula Island, the third island you visit in the game.

Despite this, you don't get access to Mount Lanakila until the end of the main game.
>>
What do?
>>
File: Alolan Rattata - Transparent.png (676KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Rattata - Transparent.png
676KB, 1280x1280px
Kind of off topic but relevant because of SM. Is there anywhere I can go to view just smogon tier changes? I want to see how all the new pokemon settle but I can't find a specific area to watch, even on the forums.
>>
>>30007313
See>>30006554
>>
>>30007407
>>30007107
Answer this
>>
File: 1436836113267.jpg (98KB, 628x758px) Image search: [Google]
1436836113267.jpg
98KB, 628x758px
>>30006698
I should have picked Sun
>>
>>30007440
No
>>
File: Snorlaxyes.jpg (52KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlaxyes.jpg
52KB, 400x600px
So what's going on with the munchlax event, is it just being sent over general internet wi-fi or is it one of those shitty NINTENDO LOCATION things only?
>>
>>30007448
Gible, beldum, trapinch and goomy aren't version exclusive.
>>
How do I change my style?
Also where do I rematch Mallow to get her style? I'm in the restaurant but she's not there, do I have to do something to get her to show up?
>>
File: unnamed.png (107KB, 422x349px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
107KB, 422x349px
Finished Moon, what gimmick should i start Sun with? Tfw solo Cosmog run never ever
>>
>>30007473
>How do I change my style?
North west corner of Malie city has the recycling plant. Talk to the red shirt guy.

If you're playing Moon and have defeated the second Kahuna, then go to the second floor of Konikoni City's restaurant during the day.
>>
How is the postgame? Like is there something like the battle frontier where I can battle challenging trainers?

What do you see yourself doing to expand the game's longevity after you beat the main story?
>>
Any good ways to farm happiness on Pokémon early game? Like before the first trial early. Pichu takes hits like wet paper.
>>
How far in to the story do I have to go to be able to trade between the two versions?
>>
>>30007538

What if I'm playing Sun? Do I go to the restaurant at night, or still in the day?
>>
>>30007551
Then you go to Paniola Town resturant's second floor and challenge Kiawe after beating the second Kahuna. I don't know if his requires a specific time of day.
>>
Is there a romance option or an implied romance/crush like Shauna?
>>
>>30007562
Lillie wants you bad
>>
Freeshop when
>>
>>30007541
I see myself fighting trainers like Faba and Guzma, collecting UBs, going back to my seat as Champion of the E4 to defend my title, catching them all, going to Aether Foundation's Conservation Floor to pick up my Type: Null, going to Ancient Poni Path to fight Dexio and get myself a Key Stone, breeding, battling, trading and exploring Poni Plains until I reach the Battle Tree, which the official final starters evo trailer detailed was a Maison clone.

desu I mostly just care about raising my Pokemon
>>
is there a way to do trade evos by myself without the need of a second system? abusing the GTS in black/white was so convenient
>>
>>30007609
its been up there for HOURS
>>
is it ok to trade H.A. Starters online? or not yet?
>>
>>30007211
You have to get to the trainer school and get the EXP Share. Then it'll open up. I just traded a bunch of eggs in.
>>
>>30007609
At least 8 hours ago.
>>
>>30007609
It's up already senpai.
>>
any idea what level Wishiwashi automatically schools in battle?
>>
>>30007624
You'll need two games. Put up something like a Graveler on GTS for something you know that only you have. Then quickly switch to the other game to pick up your pokemon.
>>
>>30007672
>>
So, is it official that there's no way to replace the Rotom Map on the bottom screen with something else? Because that is a huge amount of just wasted space there.
>>
>>30007640
I've been WT-ing shinny Lunala and Solgaleo for couple of hours.
I might get banned on the second wave though but I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>30006776
who can I trade for a celesteela I will be getting sun version for Buzzwole but I want that spaceship
>>
Are Item Maniacs ONLY in Gen V? Should I just sell my demo spoils to the regular store?
>>
>>30007624
Must be sucks having trust issues.
>>
>>30007695
any idea where to catch these while fishing? All Im seeing are magikarp and goldeen.
>>
>>30007395
Yes
>>
I dunno if there is any information on this yet, but... In XY and ORAS playing with a friend against two randoms was a real hassle (you basically had to find two randoms through random inviting of people). Is there a simpler way, maybe some form of double "matchmaking" in Sun/Moon?
>>
>>30007698
No way to change it. Fun fact: Clicking the smiley face has Rotomdex repeating its comment on your objective.

>>30007701
I would guess Kartana

>>30007728
Back where you originally did Lana's trial is one place.
>>
>>30007728
http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk
http://pastebin.com/HKEVPUYX
These are the full encounter lists for Moon. Sun is almost the same, just switch out the version exclusives. Note that every single patch of grass, fishing spot, and body of surfable water gets its own table, even if they're duplicate. The extra rows in each table are for SOS calls.

Speaking of which, a question for the thread: has anywhere compiled a more user friendly version of this data? I like being able to see everything and all, but fuck that's a lot of duplication and it gets obnoxious.
>>
>>30007742
>Back where you originally did Lana's trial is one place.

I've honestly ran into 50+ other things. My luck must be terrible.
>>
>>30007762
You actually could have caught the ones encountered in the story, because you weren't technically in a trial during those three fights.

Sucks to be you if you didn't pay attention.
>>
>>30007773
I KOed them immediately without realizing how weak they were.
>>
>>30007606
Does she still want you as Chicken Chan?
>>
>>30007788
She's so starved for motherly affection that if given half the chance she would latch onto that teat and never let go.
>>
Why the fuck is goomy so hard to get fuckk
>>
Why is there no skip cutscene button?
>>
>>30007822
Because Pokémon isn't that type of RPG. Either deal with your starter's gender as-is or put up with soft resetting the long way like the rest of us.
>>
File: 1479277333601.png (53KB, 202x245px) Image search: [Google]
1479277333601.png
53KB, 202x245px
>>30007822
Because you're supposed to take it easy.
>>
Can I trade with XY or need to wait till bank?
>>
>>30007759
>Comfey and Oranguru both 5%
>therefore Passimian should be 5%
>found like 9 Comfeys so far
>no lemurs

Fuck all of this
>>
>>30007873
Bank.
>>
where the fuck is the miracle seed in the grass trial? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>30006656
Dugtrio and Golem are monsters
Ninetales is pretty good too
>>
>>30005473
So does the male character still get next to nothing in terms of customization or did they fix that? Need to know so I can decide which to pick
>>
>>30007881
>tfw had to catch 9 grimer to get a single one with poison point
>spent almost an hour grinding just to win a coin flip
I was fucking furious, man. Something about this game does that, I swear. Every time I want to add a pokemon to my team I have to catch 5 or more of them just to get the ability I want.
>>
>>30007457
Do it
>>
>>30007906
found it
>>
Are there any festival plaza houses that increase happiness?
>>
Can anyone help me evolve my trade Evo mons?
>>
File: COMEADERIE MY ASS.jpg (986KB, 1359x979px) Image search: [Google]
COMEADERIE MY ASS.jpg
986KB, 1359x979px
>>30007936
Found one as soon as that post went through actually
>female
>dont want no lingerie league player, pop an adrenaline orb so it can call a male
>literally only calls Trumbeak as backup

It just called fucking 12 of them in a row jesus shitting christ why. Especially when this blatant falsehood is the dex entry
>>
How the fuck do I get Gabite and Vanillish to spawn? I assume they're weather based SOS calls, but I still can't get the fuckers to show up.
>>
File: IMG_20161117_160509.jpg (105KB, 693x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_160509.jpg
105KB, 693x425px
>>30008033
Keep trying, friend.
>>
Anyone gotten Feebas yet? Some guy wants to see one and I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>30008110

So it's from sandile in sand? Fucking hell I went through 40 of them without one, sandile is a cunt as well because constant fucking embargo swagger.
>>
>>30008122
Rippling water in Brooklet Hill gives it 5% encounter rate. You only get 3000 bucks from the guy so its really not worth it unless you plan to get a Milotic as well
>>
>>30008122

Yeah it's in Brooklet Hill. Fish only at spots with bubbles. I believe it only spawns in the area just before the Wishwashi fight area.
>>
>>30008127
Not necessarily have to be sandile I think. It's just that I happened to encounter one from sandile.

Use orb at the first turn then you don't need to worry about embargo.
>>
All I want is Jangmo-o. I wish he was on an earlier island but it seems like he's on the last island.
>>
>>30008122
Yes, try the bubbling spot in the area right before the totem's den. You can soft reset it until you get one. It's a 5% chance, so good luck.
>>
When you scan the Pokédex qr codes does it register the pokemon as if you've captured it? Basically can I complete the Pokédex by scanning all those? What do the qr codes do?
>>
Anyone find a Dawn stone?
>>
>>30008198
I got one from Pokelago stone hunt.
>>
What kind of pokemon show up with the island scan? A chicorita just poped in route 2.
>>
>>30008198
Postgame from Guzma

You might be able to get one from the poke pegalo mine if you level ot up fast enough
>>
i accidentally killed tapu koko. it doesnt let you save before encountering him so do i gotta restart from the elite 4 and do this all over again??
>>
>>30008212
Gen 2 and 5 starters are the best things. Others are just random normal pokemon
>>
>>30008246
>Honedge
>Litwick
>Random mon
Fight me nigga.
>>
File: Tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg (113KB, 800x702px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg
113KB, 800x702px
...Is it safe to go online now?
>>
>>30008265
Some people have reported that it's safe.
But I would wait a few more days if I were you.
Second wave might come any moment now.
>>
>>30008178
>>30008143
>>30008152
Thanks based anons, just got it in two goes.
Thank God, because my autism wouldn't have allowed me to move on.
>>
>>30008194
It registers as seen. That way you can see exactly where to catch a pokemon that you haven't seen before.

After 10 scans, you can do an island scan, which allows you to find a pokemon not in the alola dex.
>>
>>30008326
How long does the island scan last? Forever?
>>
>>30007931
Also want to know this.
>>
Great, I just got Dewpider AND Wimpod. How on Earth am Imeant to choose between them? Help!
>>
>>30008364
One hour or until you find the mon
>>
>>30008370
I get odds, Dewpider
Evens, Wimpod
>>
Sandygast, where you be? Stupidly used up all my QR scans for the day
>>
>>30008245
No, just keep playing. You can visit the ruins a second time in postgame.
>>
>>30008388
wh-what about dubs?
>>
>>30008388
love you :)
>>
File: 1451964405430.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1451964405430.gif
2MB, 448x252px
Have they added a way to circumvent fucking Natures yet? I'm sick of Starters/Legendaries/DLC Pokemon giving me shitty natures.

It's such a worthless mechanic that adds nothing to the game. At least EVs and IVs can be trained properly now, there's still nothing you can do if you get a Pokemon via Mystery Gift and it's Nature is garbage.
>>
>>30008408
Both? I dunno, they were even so I would say Wimpod, but its your playthrough, dp what you want
>>
>>30008406
great thank you
>>
>>30008400

2nd island, after all trials complete, Hano Grand Resort, on the beach. It's not a random encounter, you'll see blobs on the overworld.
>>
>>30008400
Hano Beach next to Hano Grand Motel after you beat the second Kahuna.

>>30008415
No. I hate Natures too since I feel EVs were enough for stat boosts and if they wanted to differentiate two Lapras, IVs did their job.
>>
>>30008433
>>30008445
ty bby <3
>>
>>30008433
>>30008445
I'm right there too, you helped us both thanks anons
>>
>>30006698
I think Moon Doggos aren't exclusive to Moon. I caught two of them in Sun in the wild.
>>
Does anyone know where to get Black Sludge yet?
>>
>>30008445
Great. First Sun/Moon distro and I get a Munchlax with a shit Nature and have to box it.
If they can't get rid of Natures they should at least not pull scumbag moves like only allowing you one event Pokemon with no rerolls and then making it possible that the Nature is shit.

Hell, you can't even ignore the Nature and just use it in PVE because the red/blue stats have to remind you every time you're in the summary. Pokemon is the last game in the world that should be triggering anyone's OCD.
>>
>>30008415
Forgot to mention however that Mystery Gifts can work with the ability Synchronize. this was in since Gen 3 I think? I know it was like that in Gen 6. Umbreon and Espeon can do that, so you can just breed a bunch of Eevees with the Natures you want. Held Everstones have the side effect of guaranteeing you the Nature of the Pokemon holding said Everstone.
>>
>>30008479

Alternate form doggos can be caught in Poni Canyon in post-game. 5% encounter rate.
>>
why the fuck does fishing not work in this game
always get a message that nothing's there
>>
>>30008513
Fishing is probably the most astounding thing they managed to fuck up. It's set in a goddamn island chain, and there are approximately four pokemon you can fish up.
>>
>>30008513
If you have a Shellos/Gastrodon with Sticky Hold, you should be able to guarantee that you can always get something. I think they're on the fourth island, but they might show up earlier.
>>
>>30008507
Not post. I caught them while going towards the Altar of the Sunne during the main playthrough. Still I guess I had stupid luck because I ran into them twice in a row.
>>
I can't seem to find that corsola 20% encounter rate location. Anyone knows? I've been fishing on route 9 for hours and nothing.
>>
>>30008583
Have you been fishing on rippling water?
Since that will increase it's encounter rate.
>>
>>30008583
I found mine in Melemele Sea. The waters were rippling over the fishing spot so I just soft-resetted the same rippling until I found one.
>>
>>30008583
Rippling water next to Kukui's place is tops for Corsola. Save before you fosh, SR if no Coral, you should have one in 5 minutes or less
>>
>>30008597
>>30008604
>>30008633
How to reset for rippling water? Is changing loction enough?
>>
>>30008641
Yeah, leave the area and come back, or save and reset when you don't get what you want
>>
Do more hair colors unlock as you play/beat the game? The lack of red hair is making me really fucking sad
>>
>>30008649
Can I save on the fishing spot and than SR till I get rippling? Or it has to be offscreen location?
>>
>>30008682

You can save in front of the ripple and reload.
>>
How early can I buy Adrenaline Orbs?
>>
Can you fight any of the captains besides illma, mallow and lana?
>>
>>30008701

After Mallow's trial. late 2nd island.
>>
>>30008726
You can fight Kiawie instead of Mallow in sun.
Haven't found any other captain so far.
>>
Are Hidden Abilities particularly rare? I wanna use a Snow Warning Vulpix for ingame because lolsnowcloak, should I expect to see one quickly enough? I imagine it'll bring the hail as soon as it's called it so I'll know to get it at least.
>>
Is there a table of possible islandscan pokes each day/island? I assume they are the same in following weeks right?
>>
Well done. Abra doesn't learn confusion when it evolves anymore. Quality work.
>>
So, can anyone confirm/deny if you unlock more hair colors when you progress in the game? I really need to know if I can get the red hair for my girl.
>>
>>30009037
Yeah, you need to chain them through SOS call and cross your finger that it comes with HA.
>>30009136
They change every day.
>>30009201
It doesn't? Did you evolve it at level 16?
>>30009301
Yes but only a few though.
>>
File: 1477375097617.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477375097617.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>30009201
>>
>>30009389
At level 16 it learns kinesis instead of confusion. It doesn't get an attack move till level 21.
>>
File: PLEASE RESPOND.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PLEASE RESPOND.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>30007931
>>
>>30009475
Fewer option than chicken-chan.
Otherwise, it's almost the same as XY.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.