[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 63

File: 1477876475801[1].png (673KB, 700x958px) Image search: [Google]
1477876475801[1].png
673KB, 700x958px
/vpwt/: Halloween clearance edition

>Post finds, fics and offer prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ]

Previous: >>29516007

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

FAQ:
>Posting fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW?
Links are permitted. Do label as such.

>Add to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalogue

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to put on a trip while posting or discussing their content, as it makes discussing their works easier. Do remember to take it off outside of the writethread, though.

Topic Of The Thread: Has there ever been a scene you felt like writing, but couldn't? Tell us about it - why so tempted to write it? What kept you from doing so?
>>
>>29587701
The scene in Can't Escape wherein Hal takes Jean behind the proverbial woodshed.

In my mental canon, it happened along with a number of other scenes that never had a chance to be included. But putting it in the text knocks everything off-balance.
>>
>>29587701
A few years ago, when I was writing out a singleplayer Elder Scrolls RP, there came a point at the end of a pivotal chapter where it was the final night my character was to stay in the city. The overarching plot was a personal goal, so the only conflicts were fitting in the activities she needed to perform while still having enough time to sleep for the next day, as the last night she had gotten next to none. At the time I was tired myself, so I thought that my empathy would help me write the character's emotions as they tried to learn how to cast a light spell they barely could spark just in case night fell along their journey.

As it turns out, being too tired makes you very unwilling. I ended up cutting the chapter short to go to bed by basically having the character do the same, throwing their book across the room in frustration and collapsing into fur sheets. This act of sloth on my part actually ended up interacting with the story later on, where she was caught in the blizzard I was trying to have her prepare for and couldn't see shit, thus changing what happened altogether and introducing another character spontaneously. I wouldn't pull this kind of shit now, I get easily anxious whenever I'm not writing or haven't written enough, but it was interesting to see how a real life decision could influence my story in parallel.
>>
File: 1477585592034.png (258KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477585592034.png
258KB, 500x800px
>>29587701
Man these nightly threads take a lot out of me.
Anyway, have a fic recap on the house.

Trapsingexodus makes a fic about Celebi drinking coffee, with predictable results. SFW
http://pastebin.com/3NXNVm7X

Mimiga makes a fic based off a pic of an eevee lying next to a ninetails statue. SFW
http://pastebin.com/MqY4pZrk

SexTheHex makes a fic about Brendan trying to hatch a shiny beedril. Of course what would happen to the not shiny ones? NSFW
http://pastebin.com/Pe7YkEZ8

An anon makes a quickie involving MLopunny and MTrainer. See, you guys get love too! NSFW
http://pastebin.com/16B6M7KP

An anon makes a cuddle story between a heartbroken trainer and his Lilligant. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/0Xc7kTrf

Cge makes a oneshot about, uhh...a guy turning into a Pokemon in a non-PMD setting? SFW
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12211406/1/Trick-Candle

An anon makes a quick pairing Red/Blue fic to warm up. SFW
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8431438

Raygall makes a comeback and begun writing about a potential piece about controlling the Pokemon population when breeders go out of control. SFW for now.
http://pastebin.com/WdmakyLT

Updated Fics
Ee4ee's Big Shoes to fill in Chapter 7
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12125737/7/Big-Shoes-to-Fill

Link any fics I miss last thread to this post.

Due to underuse, the idea catalog has been demoted to recaps instead. If you're looking for fics to try and write. Look here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw
>>
>>29589039
>Cge makes a oneshot about, uhh...
About what the /r/fellow (who posted with a name that I didn't notice since so who knows if he even did/will read it) stated as its desired message for a story, hence, a guy learning what it was like to be his own eevee. That's the whole point in making the titular character the candle and the smoke from blowing it out which refers back to Can't Escape Cha… . . .
>>
File: ribombee.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee.png
91KB, 500x500px
Potential anchor post for cute story about a male Ribombee accidently wandering into Vespiquen territory and becoming her favorite qt bee and jealous bee hive shenanigans with possible /ss/ if that is piquing. here
>>
>>29589039
That lilligant story is cute
>>
>>29589309
The bit with Vera's dream-scape right? Didn't she need to learn that skill from Grace, or did Espeon know how to do it by nature of being a more telepathy-oriented psychic?
>>
>>29588092
Please elaborate. Jean is the best character from Can't Escape.
>>
>>29591832
To keep Psychic-type's broad and boundless scope in check, each Psychic I write has a vague skill-point distribution. Vera's strong in abstraction and weak in manipulation. In that scene (LL 15), Vera studied how Sunny made and shared interactive dream worlds that wouldn't be rejected as false memories or accepted as real, and we've seen her use it twice later, in C/E 9 with Mac and Any Port with Ford. Espeon is not doing anything as sophisticated; he's pushing his real memories so that at the end when Espeon asks him to remember back, he will be able to recall both perspectives of the same incidents, thus remembering it as though he were the eevee, too.

>>29591882
After everyone gets to sleep, Hal (who we know isn't always sleeping when he seems to be) takes Jean's ball out to the edge of town, tells him how he feels, and after their discussion gets heated, they quarrel. (This scene was expected to somewhat reflect their conversation in the chapter previous, and hint that the emotion that Jean shared with Hal and that largely motivated his action in the duel with Phil was now resurfacing and affecting Hal, triggered by his renewed desire to support Vincent). Before too much shit hits the fan, Vera (who let herself out to smoke her pipe, and foresaw this trouble) intercedes and smooths things out enough to get them through the night in peace. That's why at the top of Chapter 9, (again) facing Hal (still pissed off) and Vera, Jean chooses her to explain what really happened.

Obstacles to including the scene are many. Some:
• The somber ending as it stands is a better conclusion to Phil's arc than another combat scene that distracts from what matters.
• Vera interceding is a Ch. 9 thing, and this scene spends that nickel it more than it foreshadows the ending.
• Hal was intended to mirror Lucas as the strong-silent guy, and putting Hal in Outrage-mode, even for this good reason, would spoil that.
>>
Any updates on that Tsareena fic that was being written up? Also...

>>29589039
Any updates on "My Naughty Florges"?
>>
>>29592722
>Psychic-types train their powers using point-buy on top of natural affinities (racial bonuses)
I like this interpretation a lot, and not just because it sounds like something out of PTU. It seems like a good way to balance Psychics while keeping their powers varied and interesting.
>>
>>29592785
Trying to get back into the flow has been exceedingly difficult. I've been trying to get back, but the click isn't there. Ended up writing something else entirely different to try and get going again.
I still haven't forgotten though. I'm roughly 30% of the way there, but among classes, papers, and business it will still be quite the wait.
>>
>>29587701
Jo and Vio were already supposed to have shown up in ACPC, by means of Jo experiencing a close shave with disembowelment. It was to facilitate an entirely different sequence of events in how the story has thus unfolded and what the reader knew about Ignace, but I opted against it because it sounded exceptionally contrived in my head and would have revealed too much, too soon, for too little payout.

It would have made for a great character arc for Viola though, which was the main attraction, and would have thrust her into a rather cold reality about her relationship.

>>29587749
Charles will definitely have a bone to pick with knifecat, but he's not as innocent as you might think he is. Must have rubbed off from someone. I'll say no more but this: it'll come to light before the work is done.
>>
>>29592818
It's a life saver, especially when an S-rank precognitive like Vera, to be written and function as such, gets to act according to what I expect will happen later in the story. In the most challenging case, she can act in ways that I don't understand yet because I haven't seen or written what she's acting upon. Without a balancing mechanic, such a character can short circuit any story that doesn't ass-pull some kryptonite to shut the marvel down.

As a further example, Grace is largely opposite Vera, great at physical skills but dismal at abstractions, with almost no precognition—such that G. V. has to lend Grace visions of the future to make her points.

I've been critiqued on having featured so many Psychic-types, but really it's an umbrella over at least three sub-classes.
>>
>TOTT:
Oh boy.
Well I already said BSTF Ch.7 had a lot of different versions. Since I can't talk about the scene I cut that I want to write the most (because the events described haven't happened yet, so spoilers) I could talk about those

First, the ending of the first date scene was originally going to be more conciliatory, but based on beta-reader feedback I took an argument that was supposed to happen in the rack-assembly scene of Ch.7 and moved it forward. I like it better where it is now. One version of this (which took place in the morning rather than at night) ended with Michael storming off and telling Latias not to follow him, heading out on his boat to that place I touched on in the dream sequence. Latias has a moment with Flufftail which was scrapped for a couple reasons, and eventually gets worried enough about Michael's negative emotions that after realizing they're no longer directed at her, she goes out to find him. This was going to move into a scene where Michael talks more about his previous marriage and the two share ways they remember their losses, culminating in the dream sequence scene THEN. An older draft for the dream sequence had Latias taking Michael's wife's body, for him to basically just vent everything at, which itself was an artifact of a plan for the first contact scene where she takes her image for the first time they meet and he freaks out.

>Psychic-talk
All this makes me glad I'm only going to have one psychic pokemon protag. I think I've done a good job keeping Latias out of the OP-Psychic-Zone, since she has to actively connect to someone to get anything but emotions. Operator Absol is going to have a psychic ABILITY though, which I'm still trying to figure out the specifics of how I'll handle.
>>
File: 1477325190320.png (334KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
1477325190320.png
334KB, 468x468px
>>29589039
That Lopunny x Trainer story was amazing!
>>
File: 123125312412351234.jpg (986KB, 1769x1382px) Image search: [Google]
123125312412351234.jpg
986KB, 1769x1382px
>The worst thing you have to deal with is telekinesis into pyrokinesis
>>
>>29594098
It's fun though. You can spread out and dick with all sorts of little things and get combat focused mons, communication focuses, manipulation focuses, empaths, etc.
>>
>>29592907
Well, as long as you don't cancel it or forget about it completely, I'm more than willing to wait, that story is just so perfect. What's with Pokémon like Florges, Tsareena and a few others making the perfect femdommes, anyway?
>>
>>29590765
Yeah.

Lilligant is only for cute.
>>
File: Cuvq0ipWgAA86gR.jpg (96KB, 1021x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cuvq0ipWgAA86gR.jpg
96KB, 1021x1200px
Well. I have request for other tsareena fanfic (NSFW is optional but is not required for idea.). But i mean funny story just to make people laugh or at least grin.

>Trainer just caught tsareena.
> Trainer sees his tsareena has a very cold bitch unemotional personality.
> Trainer doesen't like that personality, and he wants her to be snuggly and warmer.
> Trainer tries multiple ways to change tsareena personality and make her heart less cold (like showing her "pyroar king" saddest scene, leaving her surrounded by bunch of cute pokemon wanting to hug her, pet her, giving her ASMR sessions... many ways, only writebro's imagination is only limit).
> And of course the comedy is in tsareena reactions to trainer tries.
> And of course tsareena at end can change her personality or do something to end her "suffering"
>>
>messing around with Amie with the legendaries
>most just don't give a shit except the tiny/cute ones
>except Giratina and Yveltal who acts like excited puppies.
Makes sense I guess? They're both feared as demonic like being/personification of death.
So micro writing prompt
>Giratina/Yveltal's reaction to being played with and actually being treated well.
>>
File: 1234123512515.png (409KB, 696x520px) Image search: [Google]
1234123512515.png
409KB, 696x520px
>>
File: pixiv57258555_9.jpg (475KB, 600x1002px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv57258555_9.jpg
475KB, 600x1002px
>>29595573
>tfw latter part of your story focuses on a heavy combat mon who wishes it was capable of better communication
>>
Hex Maniac Fanfic.
I posted it in another thread, but I think that posting it here is better.

English:
http:// pastebin com/ rNZXMw7J

Spanish:
http:// pastebin com/ xuC0s6JP
>>
>>29595971
>do something to end her "suffering"
Such as Trop Kicking her trainer to another island, for instance?
>>
>>29597964
>http:// pastebin com/ rNZXMw7J
pastebins are allowed here anon. No need to remove the dots/space the dashes
>>
Well I unlocked the ingame jukebox. Probably good a time as any to halt this cutemon-fueled not-writing streak
>>
>>29597819
Yeah, that would make a lot of things easier for Charles and Ignace both, but then again they've got enough history to work off each other effectively. Even if Ignace still slips up here and there.

I'm hoping next chapter properly impresses upon the reader that the stakes have been raised. Not too much, not yet. But enough.

>>29599058
>listen to jukebox
>acquire inspiration plucked directly from Techno-Euterpe
Instant progress!
>>
>>29596641
Someone do this since I can't!
I should start a writing prompt list, perhaps it could be part of the doc, like submissions except they are submissions asking people to create more submissions.
>>
>>29599568
The idea bin link fell off the OP it seems
>>
>>29599568
>>29599610
Looks like moth is moving the idea bin to the fic recap now, "due to underuse". The link is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw
>>
bump-question;

Amy pokemon in the PMD-verse known for talking to spirits, e.g. the deceased?

If I'm writing a story about a (pre-stage of a) ghost-type, I should make it properly ghost-y
>>
>>29601064
Not that I know of, probably because no one really "dies" in the PMD-verse. However I'm pretty sure ghost types would be able to converse with the deceased.
>>
>>29593101
>not as innocent as you might think
Perhaps a more accurate word would be naive
>>
>>29601267
>However I'm pretty sure ghost types would be able to converse with the deceased.
This is going to be a central point of writing a Decidueye, I just wondered if there was anyone known for it, maybe as a mentor-figure? Or at least precedent.

We know pokemon die by implication from a few scenes, so it's not like the whole concept doesn't apply. The games just never SAY the associated words explicitly. Probably because
>This franchise
>>
>>29601064
>>29601546
Medium-ish spoiler for the the first game: two characters are killed and a ghost type is able to enter a spirit world type place and physically drag them back to life soon after their death.
>>
>>29602622
Hot damn, I'm gonna need some more details on that. Even if it's more or less the exact opposite of what I had in mind
>>
>>29601416
Hrm,I guess yeah, he kinda is. In some respects anyway.
>>
>>29602658
>>29602622
oh yeah I remember that
I think somwhere the MC actually dies, or at least gets taken down hard, at some point and Gengar tries to take them away to the spirit world, but something stops them from dragging him all the way. Interference or something.
>>
I want to try and improve my writing skills so I was thinking of writing of a lewd Sun x Hau fic.

Would any of you fags like it?
>>
>>29603914
maybe, considering there are M/M fics being made and read here. As long as you link it offsite you're good to go.
>>
>>29603137
Gengar was possibly pretending
>>
>>29599610
>>29599676
I'm not a perceptive man
>>
>>29603098
It's one of the reason he meshes so well with Ignace. You can't say that he's a "hardass", show very little of both hard and ass and a whole lot of friendship fluff, then a month later reveal that he's afraid of the fucking dark, and expect readers not to get the distinct impression that he's just a qt in a knife suit with the blessing of good stats. Although you opened the fic with a cool fight scene, taking that with everything else we've seen Charles do just enforces the idea that he is very good at taking directions and knows Ignace's "style" by heart. I have no complaints about your portrayal of him, but perhaps you meant to imprint his strength and cool attitude in the minds of readers more than you have. When I think of Charles, I just remember him clinging to his trainer, both in fear and in everyday goings-on. He kind of reminds me of an adoring pet, old enough as to not be rambunctious (I can only imagine his temperament as a little pawniard though), but still maintaining his human as his focal point of each day. It's quite cute.

I apologize for my autistic obsession with your OC. Today was rough and it was nice to reflect on happy things before bed.
>>
How long should fics usually be?
>>
>>29604804
I'm glad ya like Charles so much mang. I'll take what you said into heavy consideration actually, since this feedback helps me better understand the character I have in my head and the character my readers see on paper.

>>29605625
It's a cop out answer but as long as they need to be. My chapters average 3-6k words; the length is dependent on how much you need to say.
>>
>>29605625
As long as you want it to be.
No seriously. Length will depend on how long you want to write it or to what detail you want to indulge.
>>
>>29602658
There's only a bit more on the spirit side of things, but if you're interested in the ghost as a character, he's one of the more interesting ones in the series. Bear in mind, this is spoiling literally the entire game:

The ghost, Gengar, is the leader of your rival team, like Skuntank in Explorers. He's revealed to also be a former human, but transformed by a ninetales' curse. He had incurred its curse a thousand years ago and when his gardevoir partner intercepted the curse on his behalf, he fled and abandoned her. The curse caused her to lose her physical form and take on a role as an "agent of spirits". In this role, she eventually reached out to your character and asked for your assistance in averting their world's current crisis, an increasingly severe series of disasters leading up to the world's destruction, and caused the MC's transformation. The ninetales was enraged by his action and cursed his "treacherous heart", saying that the human would one day become a pokemon, and at that time the world's balance would be upset. This became known as Ninetales' legend.

Gengar would eventually use this legend to turn the town against you by claiming the MC is the cruel human from the legend who is causing the disasters, leading to your characters becoming fugitives as your former friends and allies hunt you down to never-say-kill you. Eventually you are able to prove the MC is not the human from the legend by meeting the Ninetales from the legend.

After being called out for his lies and chased out of town for a time, Gengar eventually returns to snoop in the MC's dreams with dream eater in order to find some secret to expose, only to find Gardevoir communing with the MC in their dreams. Gardevoir confirms that she is the one from the legend, and that she remembers her former partner and still considers him a friend in spite of the curse and his abandonment of her. Overhearing this effects Gengar deeply, causing him to flee in tears.
>>
>>29605680
Cont.
From that point, Gengar begins to assist your characters without their knowledge. Eventually you reach the end of the main plot, where you convince Rayquaza to destroy a "falling star" that will destroy the planet. Caught up in his hyper beam, your characters are killed. The MC wakes up in a foggy looking place and recognizes that they've died. Gengar shows up and says he'll take you to the "dark world" and proceeds to drag the character along with him for a bit, before stopping and pretending to have gotten lost. He says that he'll just "ditch you here" and leaves as your character suddenly regains consciousness and confirms with the partner that Gengar actually saved both of them.

In the post-game, Gengar's cohorts claim he's been behaving strangely and is no longer taking part in their dickish activities. You find out that he has tried and failed to ascend Ninetales' mountain by himself and he then enlists your help. After meeting, exchanging some snarky dialogue, and even threatening Ninetales to convince it to remove Gardevoir's curse, Ninetales reveals that it is incapable of lifting its own curses, however, because the curse was on Gengar's treacherous heart, he may be able to remove it himself if his heart has changed. Now with the knowledge of where Gardevoir's physical form is sealed away, you go to the location and a disembodied voice claims that it will judge Gengar based on a series of questions it asks you character. Ultimately it renders its judgement that the curse will remain. This causes Gengar to break down and beg, recounting what he saw in the MC's dream, confessing to having forgotten Gardevoir and the curse, and claiming to finally recognize what he's lacked in both of his lives: a sense of gratitude. This breaks the curse, and allows Gardevoir to obtain her body, but having lost all her memory. The story ends with Gengar and Gardevoir introducing themselves.
>>
>>29605713
>foggy-looking place
I'm glad this is A Thing, because I was planning on having a sort of knock-off spirit realm deal anyway, and Decidueye's interactions with it are central to the back half of the plot

You ever get the feeling of writing to want something, but wanting to write what comes after way more? Because I'm feeling that pretty hard right now.
>>
>>29605836
>You ever get the feeling of writing to want something, but wanting to write what comes after way more?

Good job, that's the first five chapters of MoM. I am so getting into these coming chapters like I used to, even this one feels more enthusiastic than usual minus the 30 hours of staying awake.
>>
>>29605950
>I'm going to be writing a story about an ex-human mid-evo grass starter still struggling with the pokebody with a fire starter mid-evo as their team partner in a plot about ghosts

Shit I hope you're not gonna get mad at me
>>
>>29605836
To be honest, I constantly have that feeling when I write. I always look forward to arriving at the real meaty and interesting future plot points I've planned out (at least, they're interesting to me), and that makes all the less interesting writing that leads up to them feel tedious.
>>
>>29606035
I am your conscious inspiration
I am also far too tired to be angry
>>
>>29606100
If the Mimiga-mom's doing alright, you should look into caring for the Mimiga-self.
I hope everything's alright over there.
Get some sleep soon.
>>
File: 12435453312334.jpg (75KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
12435453312334.jpg
75KB, 693x693px
>>29606178
You don't understand, I gotta finish this chapter man. It's so close to being done, and I just realized Panne has had about the same amount of sleep as me. If I can continue channeling my spirit doggo like this, then surely her reactions in the final parts are going to be realistic.
>>
File: 1472715994940.png (510KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472715994940.png
510KB, 1024x768px
>>29606236
You're in too deep! Pull up, pull up!
>>
Does anyone know the name of the town you move to in Sun and Moon?
>>
File: doggo and not so doggo.jpg (148KB, 1193x699px) Image search: [Google]
doggo and not so doggo.jpg
148KB, 1193x699px
>tfw I'm really bad at coming up with names that aren't bastardized words from other languages
I guess it's time for Google Translate to tell me what my PMD character names will be.

Have an alternate reality version of Mimiga's picture.
>>
>>29606679
When all else fails, I usually just try to find names from old mythology.
>>
>>29606339
Oh wow you're right, I just hallucinated motion in front of me while going down a staircase. It's pretty rad in a terrible sort of way.

A few more paragraphs, anyways.
>>
File: worry.jpg (39KB, 600x766px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
39KB, 600x766px
>>29606797
get yourself some sleep my guy
>>
>>29606350
I don't know if it's been confirmed what town your house is in, but we do know that the demo is set in Hau'oli City, and your house is very close to it. However, I'm not sure if your house is in a separate town or if it's just in the outskirts of Hau'oli.
>>
>>29598310
Maybe. But dont know does pokemon can hurt its master.
>>
>>29607090
What did he mean by this
>>
>>29606679
Do what I do for DnD games and steal species name. An owl type Pokemon could be named after a regular owl, use the species name, or some contraction thereof.
>>
>>29607936
Well I have a name for the Combusken at least, but then I realized it's already taken. Don't really care though, if Mimiga can name something after a Fire Emblem character, I can use a name from League of Legends.
>>
>>29607961
References like that are fine. People in the know can get extra hints about a character, everyone else is fine.

Looking forwards to it!
>>
>>29607968
It's not coming SUPER soon, I'm in the home stretch of BSTF, and want to finish it off before I pick up another story. Right now I'm writing a fight scene to extremely dissonant music.

BSTF has 2.5 chapters to go.
>>
>>29607961
>name from League
Next right, memory lane. Fuck there's like a hundred plus champions, who?
>>
>>29608045
I suspect their team arrived at the name 'Brand' the same way I did. Feels kinda bad.
>>
>>29608067
Nah, Brand's from a time where the game still had lore and a writing team, you're golden. Plus it's monosyllabic, so it's snappy, and in my experience Google Translate does a poor job of giving out such names. Hell, trying to get a name that doesn't sound awful from the thing is hard enough.
>>
>>29608109
>Brand's from a time where the game still had lore and a writing team
But they do? I know the league itself and summoners being gone have made people mad, but it's not like they've gotten rid of making lore for things
>>
>>29608158
I'm just bitter, I apologize. My understanding of the game is about a year out of date at this point, but I more or less wasn't pleased with the direction the lore took since about, I dunno, two or three years ago now? Most of my bitterness stems more from just losing interest in the game over the last year and a half because of a variety of gameplay and balancing decisions. And I just got fatigued I guess. Hit Plat and saw nothing good before me and it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>29608382
Not saying you're wrong in being bitter of course, quality has never been riot's thing
But no-lore has been a meme in /lolg/ for so long I just react poorly to it I guess
>>
>>29606679
>>29606747
I just use names from shows I watch, which turns out extremely autistic because all my shows are azn.
>>
bamp
>>
>>29595666
Mostly the design for me.
General traits of Doms usually have lower eyelids and to a point some exaggerated eyelashes. In addition, Florges's physical attack animation reveals she has thorny vines concealed in her bouquet, which provides whipping potential.
Amie also has her negative poses show some sass (hands on her hips, hmph expression, etc), with her positive poses showing giggles and potential boisterous laughter, which are pretty common traits for stereotypical assertive ladies.

Her initial anime appearance and teaser only adds to the fuel.

Tl;dr I read body language in the game to make personalities

For the new Pokemon's case the description outright makes her have a more dominant personality with a body to match those fucking boots man

Strange enough I'm not even into doms that much, but it just sorta happened.
>>
File: 1407357578422.jpg (498KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407357578422.jpg
498KB, 800x1000px
request for some maractus love and lovin'.

If you need an idea, perhaps the trainer could end up asking his Maractus for dancing advice to get a lady (or get into a club). However, as they practice he could end up making his own dance that unintentionally garner's the pokemon's love interest (mating dances and whatnot). Anything goes after that, until the two share a duet or something before she makes her move on him...and then vice versa...which then turns into a prickly but lewd situation. Emphasize on that cactass if you can.
>>
File: karps.png (309KB, 614x288px) Image search: [Google]
karps.png
309KB, 614x288px
A while back someone was interested in writing a guardianship between a male magikarp and female feebas that evolved into something more when they evolve into their final forms, leading to serpent loving and cuddling. Is it still happening?
>>
Annoyed vespiquen bump
>>29606951
By the way Snapath how's the next chapter going? Any troubles?
>>
File: combee_by_umbreon06.jpg (58KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
combee_by_umbreon06.jpg
58KB, 700x600px
>>29613668
It's close to done, but I've got a class starting in a minute, so I've got to finish that before I can complete my proofreading. I should have the chapter up within a couple hours at most.
>>
>>29612730
Where exactly are a Maractus' naughty bits located?
>>
>>29612894
It's still in my to-do list! It's just a pretty long list at the moment, sorry
>BSTF Ch.8
>BSTF Ch.9
>BSTF Ch.10
>PMD Dartrix Ch.1
>Flygon Ch.1
>Gyarados/Milotic
>>
File: 200px-SunflowerkidSMS.png (70KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
200px-SunflowerkidSMS.png
70KB, 200x202px
>>29592785
Tsareena guy here.
I'm a little over halfway done, just barely getting into the meat of it.
I just noticed she's canonically 3'11".
>>
>>29614558
In the flowers
>>
>>29611657
I've never seen those animations before, such a shame since Florges is just, mmph, amazing.

Though yeah, that anime appearance just made a lot of people consider her a dominatrix, it's amazing.

As for Tsareena, yeah, that description, her ability's name, and the overall design, goddamn.
>>
>>29614657
that's actually really adorable.
>>
>>29612894
>>29614566
>It's still in my to-do list!

You have my emotional support.
>>
File: scared.png (139KB, 289x307px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
139KB, 289x307px
>tfw you want to make a long story involving the world before poke balls
>tfw you are shit at writing the actual story, as apposed to the concepts of the story
>>
>>29614558
maybe underneath, where the roots are located. Flowers are secondary
>>
Anyone willing to take a shot at this? This idea for a fic never came to fruition, and I am open to any personal take on this. It doesn't necessarily have to go lewd.
>>
>>29615357
I'll give it a smack once I'm done with my current one. I love the Bounsweet line.
>>
New Flash Platinum Hot off the press. back to shorter chapters
>>
>>29616113
forgot to link so double bump

Flash Platinum 12
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12024240/12/Pokemon-Flash-Platinum
>>
File: 1477254190426.jpg (273KB, 1024x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1477254190426.jpg
273KB, 1024x1812px
>>29615758
You are a hero and a fellow negro of exquisite taste.
>>
>>29616241
Thank you. I'm glad to be surrounded by fellow fruit fanatics.
>>
psychic pokemon in fanfics are by and large a bunch of snake oil salesmen and chumps and any competent aura user or particularly strong pokemon in general can smash right through a telekinetic grip with proper technique

also- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7920448/1/Loneliness-Anger-and-Discovery

if you like stories about legendary Pokemon this may float your boat, its by the same guy who wrote a transformation story with Lucario I recommended earlier. In this story it's about a Lugia who's abandoned by its parents and learns to survive in a world it knows next to nothing about. unfortunately I don't think its ever going to be finished but I like the perspective and writing

even if it is another bloody psychic
>>
That Combee thing o' mine has updated, and reached its midpoint (assuming the future chapters pan out as planned).
Chapter 4 of "Outcast of Comb Island" is here: http://pastebin.com/m2X5zrVK

Feedback and commentary are greatly appreciated, as per usual, and reactions to the great debate that happens in this chapter would be especially appreciated. I'm not sure if the characters' arguments make total sense, so it would be helpful to hear what other people think about it.

And to conclude, I also have a sort of announcement, though I'm not sure if that's really the right word for something as relatively insignificant as this: I'm considering putting this story on hold for a bit. Partially because I still haven't figured out where to take it exactly (though I have ideas), but also because I've had some other ideas floating around my head that I'd like to try out before too long.
and also because there's been very little reaction to this story so I'm losing motivation to write it but that doesn't mean I'll stop it because I'm always one to finish what I started so I'll definitely finish this thing even if it kills me
Anyway, point is, I'm considering taking some time to plan out the story a bit more before writing the next chapter, and maybe even write a shorter one or two chapter side story in the meantime to keep things moving. Therefore, while OoCI isn't cancelled, it might take a while to update again, but not a super long time by any means.
So, stay tuned. If you so choose.
>>
>>29617739
>there's been very little reaction to this story so I'm losing motivation to write it
Poor philosophy, and a circumstance that my method (complete the story before releasing any chapters) is not vulnerable to. Your motivation ought to be to create in this universe something that does not (yet) exist and that will never exist without your participation. Once the work is done, then it's time to worry about reception, grouse about your lack of feedback to other writers who outpace you in hits and reviews one-hundred-fold, etc. Until then, you should be doing it for your characters. You are the only hope they have.

At the behest of an anon, I reviewed your first 1¼ chapters. What more could you want?
>>
>>29587701
>>>29617739
>>there's been very little reaction to this story so I'm losing motivation to write it
>Poor philosophy, and a circumstance that my method (complete the story before releasing any chapters) is not vulnerable to.

Though your method leads directly to bad metrics that on occasion even you regret

It's give and take.
>>
>>29617948
Didn't mean to quote the OP there Was supposed to point to
>>29617879

>mobile browsing
>>
File: 1472347584751.jpg (112KB, 450x623px) Image search: [Google]
1472347584751.jpg
112KB, 450x623px
>>29616135
I know some others already told you this back when you started, but you should really reevaluate your use of caps lock (as a rule of thumb, never use it ever) and what you think constitutes a chapter. A chapter is supposed to be a full arc of conflict introduction, middle shit, and conflict resolution. In chapter 12, you introduce the MC's issue with helping girly catch a pokémon. That's not a whole chapter, that's the very beginning (indicated by its unforgivable length). Your chapter should end after the pokémon is caught (or something else happens in the place of that event). You shouldn't go for cliffhangers when you're not yet a master at making complete chapters.

Also waiting for gallade fluff.
>>
>>29617948
I have many regrets, but finishing my stories before posting them is not one of them.
>>
>>29617879
Well, like I said, I'm not going to stop writing the story just because it's not super popular. Popularity's not what I'm going for in the first place. This is primarily a learning experience for how to do creative writing, and secondarily a way to scratch my creative itch. Though it’s somewhat discouraging to not get much feedback, I've never been one of those people who needs attention or else they shrivel up and die, so I don’t mind it so much.

>complete the story before releasing any chapters
This definitely wouldn't work for me. I prefer getting feedback closer to when I write the actual content, so that I don’t end up repeating mistakes throughout the whole story. And that's definitely something I've still got to keep an eye on.

>I reviewed your first 1¼ chapters
Speaking of which, I only found out about that recently (explaining this super delayed response). I didn't see your post before the thread died, and later, an anon--presumably the one you mention here--brought it to my attention, but by then it had been deleted from 4chan's archive. Luckily, a day or two ago I finally was able to locate it in the archive at nyafuu and dig it up. Since it’s been a while, I'd understand if you don’t remember the specifics of what you wrote exactly (or the story itself for that matter), but I did find what you said helpful and I thank you for it. That said, you did say at one point
>immediate reiterations give a sense of lacking confidence in the portrayal
and I'm not fully sure what that means. I presume it means I repeat myself unnecessarily, but I just wanted to confirm that.
>>
File: T3FZraf.gif (1MB, 288x208px) Image search: [Google]
T3FZraf.gif
1MB, 288x208px
>The tsareena buttjob fic I wrote is the third most popular story on my pastebin despite only being up for half a month

Damn /vp/, you guys really like plants.
>>
>>29619530
buddy, you have NO idea
by the way, are you still taking requests? I recall you saying that you were picky with your Pokemon, so which kinds do you like?
>>
>>29619412
Part of it is that not many readers in this thread are particularly vocal. I can't think of any time I've had an anon ask about BSTF, and I've mostly stopped getting in-thread replies to updates for it. But according to FFN metrics I have somewhere between thirty and fifty readers on it, last I checked (and at least a dozen are formally following it)

I do miss the in-thread feedback, mostly to help pick up mistakes and gauge audience reactions and expectations, but I know the readers are there at least. Somewhere out there is a handful of people I might be actually entertaining.

In-thread? I have a feeling people are looking forward to the next two fics on my list rather than excited about the one I'm currently putting out. woe unto them when they find they'll have to read BSTF before the Flygon story, unless they want to be in the dark about some things
>>
>>29619597
Oh hey, yeah, sort of.

I'm writing ridiculous fetish smut for other parts of the internet right now, but I'm always up for requests, it might just take a while. Most Pokegirls and Pokeboys I'm A-OK writing stuff with. Pokemon are dicey and I usually only like invertebrate things or very human-like and feminine Pokemon (Tsareena obviously, Gardevoir, etc).

Also have a pretty broad pool of fetishes so don't hesitate to request weird shit. If anything, that makes me want to write it more.
>>
>>29619412
>I'm not fully sure what that means
There were moments when one activity is described in two ways, once and soon again.
>>
>>29614657
Well, can't wait to read it once it's done! Don't rush yourself!
Who caaares? It's a fapfic, a bigger than normal Tsareena would only make it even hotter.
>>
File: 1452887720660.jpg (3MB, 2618x3338px) Image search: [Google]
1452887720660.jpg
3MB, 2618x3338px
>>29619736
Seeing that egg story you wrote a bit last thread made me remember of an old idea I had requested two years ago, with Shauna stumbling across a galvantula nest full of Joltiks.

I kinda want to request her seeing said nest (on a journey to that thunder cave in Unova), trying to befriend a joltik that ultimately finds its way underneath her shorts, sending literal jolts of electricity into her most sensitive parts. Of course, being a nest, there would be other joltiks who can latch on and shock her other parts as well (breast, ass, maybe even inside both holes too), sending her into multiple overdrive orgasms
>>
>>29619622
>I've mostly stopped getting in-thread replies to updates for it
...crap, now I remember I never read chapter 7 like I said I would.
I'll get back to you on that.

>>29619875
Alright, I'll keep an eye out for that in the future.
>>
>>29619962
If you haven't been keeping up, you might want to re-read Ch.6 as well, since I dropped a chapter's worth of words into a second scene there that's pretty important

thanks for sticking around!
>>
>>29619942
>>29619736
Oh forgot to add, things could get really shocking when the male galvantula return to the nest...
and then tries to impregnate her with multiple shocking rounds until she goes through cumflation
>>
>>29619942
>>29620204
Maybe. The thing is, creepy crawlies doing lewd things isn't at the forefront of my fetishes and moreso just something I'll enjoy once in a while. In fact, the tsareena and beauty fics were like that too; I'm not really that into buttjobs or farting. If I ever get that urge though, I guess I'll keep a hold of this request.
>>
>>29619942
>>29620204
>trying to befriend a joltik
Oh, that sounds kind of cute.
>finds its way underneath her shorts
Oh...
>jolts of electricity into her most sensitive parts
>multiple overdrive orgasms
>cumflation
...oh. That escalated quickly.
>>
>>29620473
Seems to be something of a new status quo around here. I have no idea where all the fetish writers and /d/-tier requests came from, but they sure make the place livelier I guess
>>
>>29617739
>bring him with her when he left the island
her with him

>much rather prefer
Pick one.

Taranza's argument about the comfort not being "worth the fall" seems a little weak, especially compared to his next point about CIS4 losing the opportunity to gather followers as the red marked combee gathers most of them for herself.

>Perhaps the setback would be big enough to put him off from researching the island to the point where he finds out about us.
"Perhaps the setback would be enough to prevent him from learning about [us/the castle/the queen]." Maybe not "us", because Vincent had already seen them, but you get the idea.

>has done nothing but hurt you,
I thought he was nice and they liked him until he left?

Taranza told CIS4 to leave the human too many times in a relatively short time period. It feels unnecessarily repetitious.

Taranza seems to make broad claims about what he believes could go wrong without supporting them when realistically he should should be able to draw from his experience with a human to at least somewhat support his concerns. He's seen that humans raise powerful pokemon and do not need large numbers to be threatening, that they are often unpredictable with their alien motivations, that they pursue rare and powerful pokemon such as the queen will be once she's evolved, and that they have an interest in the combee/bug types in particular. He focuses on the research aspect being threatening quite a bit, but I don't know if he has any actual reason to be concerned about that aspect in particular compared to the previous points. Though, the thought of pokemon panicking about the threat of a researcher whose research will mostly amount to some new excel sheet entries and some behavioral anecdotes is pretty amusing.
>>
>>29619530
Tsareena is a goddess, of course it'd be popular.

We need more of her.
>>
>>29620758
Thank you for the advice; those are all good points, and I'll fix the typos right quick.

>Taranza's argument about the comfort not being "worth the fall" seems a little weak
Maybe I'll just drop that point of his, then, if it's too weak. I feel like the subsequent point he makes could do without it anyway.

>I thought he was nice and they liked him until he left?
...This is what happens when I try to write a dialogue over multiple days. I keep forgetting what's been said and I end up contradicting myself.
Good catch. I'll try to figure out how to rephrase that so it matches up with what was said before.

>It feels unnecessarily repetitious
That's a similar criticism to one that I had with an earlier chapter. I'll try to fix it here and keep an eye out for it in the future.

>Taranza seems to make broad claims about what he believes could go wrong without supporting them when realistically he should should be able to draw from his experience with a human
That's a good point too. I should probably go back and try to bolster his argument. I hope you don't mind if I incorporate some of the things you said here:
>raise powerful pokemon
>do not need large numbers to be threatening
>unpredictable with their alien motivations
>that they pursue rare and powerful pokemon such as the queen
Those are all really good ideas that could convey what I was trying to go for regarding his dislike of humans.
>>
Would anyone want to switch from an IRC channel to discord? I use to use irc all the time, but discord's been way more convenient for me the last few months.
>>
>>29621276
there was a bit of talk about it, but the regulars seem fixed for IRC at the moment
>>
>>29620497
Hey, don't look at me, I only do Pokephilia and bestiality. Those have been common since the board's inception, and back on /v/.
There have been weird requests though. Bumps are bumps I guess.
>>
>>29621301
How many would use Discord but now reject IRC?
>>
>>29621276
I hate all of the above, but Discord is only a meme and IRC is eternal.
>>
>>29621199
>I hope you don't mind
Not at all.
>>
>>29621509
I swear I remember asking about this a month ago.

I like the idea of a discord but I really don't want to tie up my already existing account with it. anon reasons

Not to say I am against IRC, just seems a bit dated but still functional.
>>
>>29621730
>tie up my already existing account
Multi-account drifting?
>>
>>29621276
I'd be in favor of this purely because I still haven't downloaded an IRC client but I have Discord staring me in the face pretending it's better at VOIP then TS3.
>>
File: 1477691087379.jpg (366KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477691087379.jpg
366KB, 1280x1024px
>>29587701
>Decide to start work on a Flareon x Glaceon fapfic
>Want to focus more on the characters, and let the lewdness build off of that
>A few days later, and the ideas I've brainstormed about the characters and the events that involve them inadvertently make the lewd parts sort of awkward, and they don't deliver the same sort of feeling I was expecting
Basically incest. I wasn't aiming for that. And I'm not really into it either. But someone here probably is.

Gah fuck I can't let go of these characters either but the story probably won't feel complete without the lewd
>>
>>29622495
I tried to write some drama-into-lewds of eeveelutions at one point from a request, but the (admittedly not-lewd) first parts were hardly noticed so I decided not to continue the series of shorts.

Then again, M/M wasn't as popular then as it is now, and I don't think anyone here is interested in lesbian pokes.
>>
>>29622495
experiment and make 2 versions, with and without lewd. See how that works, or pick the one you're more comfortable doing
>>
>>29622607
>but the (admittedly not-lewd) first parts were hardly noticed

What makes Scent so popular even despite having nearly 5k words of exposition, then? Did your drama have no sexual tension at all or was there just something different going on?
>>
>>29619622

go in the IRC if you want me and/or other potential readers in there to give you direct feedback on your work, I have personally responded in length to BSTF before so I'm not sure why you'd say nobody has asked about it

personally I don't find it satisfying to write lengthy reviews on here that authors often don't read and will disappear in a few days anyways so I keep that either to ffnet or the chat
>>
>>29623001
I can't really say. I mean the first one basically just prose-ified an anon's greentext so fuck if I know. Probably was a poor decision, in retrospect, but otherwise it just wouldn't have happened at all so whatever.

I'm pretty far past caring about it desu. Long since resigned it to the failed experiment pile.
>>
>>29623041
I absolutely read your reviews, and in fact when I rewrote Ch.2, the bridge scene in the storm came about entirely based on your feedback of the initial parts of the story. I believe I said MOSTLY stopped recieving feedback. I definitely appreciate your regular input greatly.

My comment wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, I apologize if I unwittingly offended.
>>
File: 1477983109178.png (237KB, 718x853px) Image search: [Google]
1477983109178.png
237KB, 718x853px
What's an idea or premise you're interested seeing written or writing yourself?
>>
Who was the anon who wrote that proof of concept fic about humans starting to explore a PMD type setting? Had stuff like planes flying over villages and freaking out some of the residents.
>>
File: 1460518992195.jpg (52KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
1460518992195.jpg
52KB, 600x405px
>>29623629
When I've wrapped up Only Viridian and/or put Errant's Hearth to rest I'll get working on the adventures of Ana, the hex maniac that sells milk. It was supposed to be a light-hearted Calvin and Hobbes-esque dig with a Banette that's more chum than glum, but it might be a bit more serious now since Ana actually has a lot wrong with her thanks to spooky energy and bad experiences with it.

Maybe a light-hearted short read with an overarching sense of incredible wrongness would be good.
>>
>>29622495
The classic conundrum. Too much effort on the buildup and the smut feels wrong, but too little effort on the buildup and you get a disposable, forgettable, dime-a-dozen fapfic.

A nigga gotta strike a balance.
>>
Seems like the mating guide has influenced a short fic about caring for Lurantis. Informative, but NSFW
http://pastebin.com/zQSLiwDb
>>
File: anime girl about to sneeze.png (92KB, 301x263px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl about to sneeze.png
92KB, 301x263px
>>29624659
>Lurantis are in possession of genitals that are able to withstand great force or pressure, which are well-suited to their fervent mating behavior, and predilection for large insertions.

This is a good fic, I like this fic

if you wrote it, put it in the catalog, because I don't want to lose this
>>
Anyone here eaten malasadas before? I've never had them before and I wanted to know what they taste like for my fic. They seem to look just like donuts, do they taste similar?
>>
>>29623629
Spelunking with a fire type.
Providing light in the darkness, the danger of cave lakes, dangerous gases lighting up and friendship.
>>
I would like some criticism and advice for my Sun x Hau fic, it's pretty much the first fic I've written so far. It isn't finished yet, and it's SFW for now.

http://pastebin.com/jWCf3E8m

Any criticism is appreciated, I'm pretty new to writing stuff in general.
>>
>>29619530
Wrong. We like sexy plants.
>>
File: 1476609489706.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1476609489706.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>29626155
You take that back, all plants are wonderful.
PLANT PUSS PUSS JUICE.
>>
>>29626155
Motto get.
>>
>>29626173
Someone tell me what plant this is and what's going on here

I kinda want to fuck it
>>
>>29622607
>I don't think anyone here is interested in lesbian pokes.
lol
>>
File: nature's stiffy.gif (895KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
nature's stiffy.gif
895KB, 500x297px
>>29624659
>When a Lurantis becomes pregnant, many beautiful changes occur throughout her body
>Firstly, her modest breasts will nearly triple in size, and start producing a sweet honey known as Mantis Nectar
>The rest of her body also becomes much thicker, especially the thighs, hips, and buttocks.
Fuck you, now I have an uncontrollable craving for preggo Lurantis and an uncontrollable urge to request preggo Lurantis art to go with this.
>>
>>29622607
>and I don't think anyone here is interested in lesbian pokes.
You thought wrong.
>>
>>29626405
>>29626735
Well shit, how am I gonna fill this underserved niche?
Alolan Ninetales/Absol?

Unrelated(?): BSTF Ch.8 dropping soon. Get hype, I guess, if you feel like it.
>>
>>29626761
>two quadrupeds
Don't go assuming a quadruped can be as dexterous with its paws as a human can with her fingers. There better be licking, and a lot of it.
>>
>>29626816
Half-joking: they just happen to be two 'open' female pokemon I'm already writing/planning to write for.
>>
And, as promised for once, here is Big Shoes To Fill Chapter 8
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12125737/8/Big-Shoes-to-Fill
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7944409/chapters/19381621
As always (and just recently discussed here), feedback, critiques, and comments of all kinds are always welcome!

I'm going to [blog] for a little bit, because this chapter could very well be titled "Where Ee4ee fucks up everything" and I lose all my readers
This chapter is, in a way, The End; Part One, but the central catalyst for it was only introduced this chapter. I set it up a bit in Ch.6 and Ch.7, but due to story direction revisions along the way, it didn't get as much set up as I would have liked. I'm worried that it might look like it came out of left field, and anyone who comments as much is totally in the right to do so. It also features a really long Michael-perspective scene, which is abnormal.

Still, the newcomer follows the story's central theme of "people dealing with misfortune poorly" and is probably the most extreme point of that axis. Most of the chapter goes into each character's mindsets a bit, opening with Latias still finding herself a slave to instilled fears but steeling herself to act against them, and ending with Michael doing a sort of autopsy on his life and deciding he needs a new course before he gets a literal autopsy.

For those who find themselves a bit too jarred by the sudden appearance of this new major influence, I promise that the story is a straight shot in from here; no more big twists remain (though one smallish-medium one does, more relevant for the sequel). Ch.9 is effectively the climax and immediate conclusion, Ch.10 is an epilogue that closes a thread or two and sets up the next story. I'll end my [/blog] at that.

I hope my readers enjoy, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for sticking around as we enter the final stretch. I start writing the next chapter tomorrow.
>>
File: CUTE!!!.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE!!!.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
When writefriends remembered about lilligant lovers. Maybe some more lilligant cuddle fanfics?

As opposite of dominatrix tsareena
>>
>>29627127
Lilligant is so 2010. Old news.
>>
>>29627135
Lilligant is still cute and snuggly so what?
>>
>>29627169
Lurantis is cuter, and wears pajamas. You can't get much snugglier than that.
>>
>>29627127
>As opposite of dominatrix tsareena
While we're talking about lesbian pokemon
Tsareena/Lilligant smut when
It could be the distilled essence of /vpwt/
>>
File: 1470233872307.png (337KB, 528x653px) Image search: [Google]
1470233872307.png
337KB, 528x653px
>>29627221
Lurantis will never make cute and gentle "LIIIIIIIII?"

And lurantis just wants to eat your head while lilligant will do anything to make you happy
>>
>>29626173
>>29626687
l-lewd
>>
File: 53e228f2df52ef6b01cc943b7c7a4999.png (803KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
53e228f2df52ef6b01cc943b7c7a4999.png
803KB, 768x1024px
So way back in September 2014, I asked anons for a smutfic prompt. The one I ended up with was Drasna/Calem (apparently some other anon promised this, failed to deliver, causing another anon to re-request it, and then former anon actually finished it recently? Anyways!).

Well, after much procrastination and angsting, I finally got around to finishing it. Here it is, hope you all enjoy:
(NSFW!)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8460745/chapters/19382251
>>
>UB-02 looks like Lusamine/ probably is Lusamine
>you can catch ultra beasts
So... Capturing Ub-02 after you find out its Lusamine, commanding it to have sex with you only to be dommed like there is no tomorrow?
>>
>>29628515
I'd rather catch UB-40 in concert.
>>
>>29628068
Fucking. BEAUTIFUL
>>
Bump?
>>
A reminder for authors that make their own stuff to submit their fics into the catalog for easy finding/reference. The more the merrier!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBrvUbK_pBmFu5kbOzBqhmYYOJLQvKhMp031UtsoQpWXbmjw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=send_form
>>
>>29627232
Lilligant is cute, but how does she mobilize? Does she bounce around?
>>
File: 1470236437750.jpg (265KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470236437750.jpg
265KB, 600x800px
>>29633106
probably she hops, but i find out it cute.
>>
>>29633106
You carry her.
>>
>>29633272
is good to
>>
>>29633272
Turns out Googling "Lilligant weight" gives you a handy box with the weight in it at the top of the SERP and an extra box to the right with other information like height, type and classification.

I am simultaneously impressed and very mildly incredulous.
>>
>>29633272
>16.3 kg
> I dont see a problem here.
>>
>>29634333
I'm pretty sure Google scans relevant wiki infoboxes to give such prompts, and regurgitates the contents above search results, hoping it contains what you want.
>>
>>29634333
>36 lbs.
>>29634392
Nor I. A ruck march is at least 45, plus everything else—uniform, rifle, water, bucket, etc.

>implying love won't give you strength.
>>
>>29634418
That is exactly what they do. I was just slightly surprised it actually happened for a Pokemon. Then again, it's Pokemon.

>>29634552
Perfectly manageable. And leafy.
>>
>>29634607
>>29634552
>>29634392
>>29634333

>>29633272

So maybe a fanfic about carrying lilligant into bed and snuggling her?
>>
File: 1341221495871.jpg (578KB, 1333x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1341221495871.jpg
578KB, 1333x1071px
>>29634552
>877 lbs.
>>
>>29634728
Get writing.

>>29634753
Bah, even a skitty can handle that.
>>
>>29635311
I suck at writing.
>>
>>29635499
Who doesn't??
>>
>>29635499

People like shitty writing. Why do you think these Pokemon Academy fanfics or Pokemon insert fics are so popular?
>>
>>29635567
Because l-lewd
>>
File: 1473637470639.png (134KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473637470639.png
134KB, 500x500px
>>
>>29627119
I think this chapter officially seals my impression of Latias as a total wimp. Her seemingly limitless capacity to KO herself is actually impressive. I'm not surprised she's not a fighter given her lifestyle and preference for flight over fight, I just wasn't sure if she might be made of tougher stuff as a legendary.

I'm not sure what part of this chapter would be alienating to your readers. The guy does kind of come out of nowhere and the justification of him going off the deep end after losing his job is a little flimsy, but I can see your point about it fitting thematically.

It was nice to see that Michael acknowledges that Latias didn't really understand what she was doing wrong when he was upset with her since we don't always get his full thoughts on things with Latias as the primary viewpoint. In the end they're still fairly alien to one another and some differences in preference for things like personal space are to be expected.
>>
>>29637340
I guess I should admit an error in judgment in cutting away from Latias before the battle; I'm already being scolded in a critique through another channel for not showing what went on there. I was hoping it'd be fine if I explained it the following chapter, but maybe it would have been best if I tried to illustrate the mental front, confusing as it might have been.

On that note, I've been aware that I've been criminally shortchanging Michael's POV, and I hope that I was able to salvage his character a little bit here.

Thanks for the feedback!
>>
>>29623629
Several
>hunting and cooking pokemon. Not as a fetish but more like a guide.
Though someone is already working on this
>Stories about pokemon contests and participating in them
>Anything with a male lopunny
Already wrote one but I could use more
>Daily lives of non-trainers in a series of short stories
Couldn't get into that sylveon one.
>How to guides on anything in pokeworld
>gay fics, poke human or both
>>
>>29637680
>I'm already being scolded in a critique through another channel
Now you're being re-written in effigy.
>>
>>29619622

You got yourself a new reader.

Your fic is fine on my end.

Better than what I could accomplish.
>>
>>29638314
I accept and welcome my fate.

>>29638327
Thanks for the support! Like I said you came in near the end so it's not like you'll need to wait a long time to see the end.
>>
>>29638829
>I accept and welcome my fate.
What madness is it that grips you?

>not like you'll need to wait a long time to see the end.
He'll probably read through to it instead of skipping the from Act 2 to the final chapter. *grumbles sporadically at five anons on FFN, disrespecting that they even bothered to look at the epilogue at all; shakes cane at whippersnappers on lawn, turns on a rerun channel to Star Trek and passes out during the first commercial break*
>>
>>29639280
I feel you're a bit hard on yourself, so I just want to stop in and say that I like all your fics. My favorite is Waterlogged, least is Diaphanous Perception (simply because I felt its content was too complex to be forced into such a small package, so I found myself getting all turned around between lines of exposition). I know I'm a naughty anon for not reviewing everything I've read, but I still exist and appreciate the silly stories you post on the internet. Your fics got me through a shitty semester, so thanks.

Furthermore, you and the other anons/namefags in the thread have really helped me see how there's no getting around just sitting down and slogging through whatever I've committed to writing. I can't wait around for the best wording to spontaneously pop into my head, I have to go NOW. Now now. Right now. No excuses.

So here's a thanks to you and everyone else. Keep on doing what you're doing. I'm currently transcribing something that I wrote in class to keep from falling asleep.
>>
>>29640413
>No getting around sitting down and slogging through

I started out here to do just this. Sit down and write as often as possible, no matter what. Just keep at it.
>>
File: 1476640308575.png (101KB, 175x217px) Image search: [Google]
1476640308575.png
101KB, 175x217px
>>29640413
>There's no getting around just sitting down and slogging through whatever I've committed to writing.
How do you think my fics get written?
>>
>>29640464
I actually get quite an annoying amount of anxiety if I don't write that day, so it's not too hard for me now that I've built that behavior up. Sure, out of the first 50k words maybe only 30k were ones I really wanted to write, but after that it's a sin if I waste my time doing something else other than writing.
>>
So, how do you guys deal with literary constipation?
>>
>>29640464
>>29640859
Well, at first, I tried to wait around for the "specialest" thing to come to me, but that takes weeks. I had to accept that not everything I throw onto paper is going to be my most clever idea yet. I just have to commit to making whatever I do put down good enough to keep a reader's attention.
>>
>>29641039
Your first draft should always be a pukestain on paper, so to speak.
>>
File: eeyore.png (7KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
eeyore.png
7KB, 250x175px
>>29640413
Thanks for noticing me.
>I feel you're a bit hard on yourself
In the beginning of my life, I held myself to no standard, and I knew no limitations.
In the middle, I became complacent and judged myself not, and I discovered that recognizing limitations imposed them upon me.
Today, I hold the standards just beyond my reach, and pray to lose sight of them.

>I felt its content was too complex to be forced into such a small package
Its content may simply be too complex. It took me a while after I finished it to discover its hidden face.

>Your fics got me through a shitty semester, so thanks.
I am proud to have been of service.

>I can't wait around for the best
Wisdom lies in these words. And related knowledge, in this rounded number: 0.37.

>>29641052
Our opinions differ.
>>
>>29641138
Most stories have at least some rewriting. Good ones anyway. If you spend too much time on a specific spot, you'll never get the story done. You can fix things up when you fix them up.
>>
File: 1477794418054.png (1MB, 970x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1477794418054.png
1MB, 970x3600px
>>29641005
Ex-Lax mostly. Playing vidya and trying not to think about it also works out pretty well because invariably my mind drifts to the prose and comes up with a breakthrough.

Sometimes that takes a day. Sometimes a month. Once it took an entire year.
>>
>>29641005
Music, vidya, working out, walks. Basically anything to take my mind off of it. The more I think about it, the worse it gets, so I just let it pass in time like a cold sore.
>>
A Pokemon office drama.

Like Pokemon of various species working in an office.
>>
>>29640413
That's the spirit. Get your ideas down when they're new and expand upon them later. And eventually you'll get in the zone, and then it won't feel like "slogging through". So don't give up, anon.

>>29641005
Usually I just sit there and wait until I figure out what to write next. And if that takes too long, I go do something else for a bit and then come back in the hopes that giving it a short rest will help.
Results are usually mixed, to be honest.

>>29641052
Our opinions concur.
At least, in the sense that "pukestain" describes all my first drafts to a T. I find that I usually start by scattering isolated phrases, single words, and the like all over several pages while I try to figure out what exactly to write, and only after a lot of thought do I actually start tying it all together.
>>
>>29637196

as usual latias the schmuck can't help but be a fuckup who won't get the hint and leave poor Michael alone

anyways I felt like this chapter was kind of a cheap way of suddenly "fixing" the story-inconvenient relationship of Cathy and Michael. instead of Latias having to actually prove how much she cares about Michael we just have Cathy turn into a unempathetic bitch out of nowhere. also despite being a major climax of the story we have this random villain of the day popping up to do the work of causing the drama rather than the main characters. this would have worked better for me if there was some sort of buildup to Steven's appearance over the last few chapters, but there wasn't, so this feels like a forced attempt to redirect the story rather than letting it develop naturally.

on the other hand this chapter was probably necessary at this point because there was no other quick/reasonable way this far into the story to bring Latias/Michael closer together. also it was written well for what it is and adds some much needed drama to the story, so overall I think this chapter was a success. if the story had been planned out more I don't think it would have been necessary in the first place though
>>
>>29642808
Steven was kinda-sorta barely set up in Ch.6 and Ch.7, but I consistently missed the most obvious means to do so. I keep telling another reviewer that if I rewrote what is now Ch.4, I would have written the whole thing from Michael's perspective instead. If I had, that'd give me the perfect opportunity to set all this up. Unfortunately there've been two outline overhauls between then and now...

(Someday, if I feel bored and have nothing else to write, I might do just that)

Reviews maintain their 100% success rate for making me regret not holding Latias' POV through the start of the battle. She was doing stuff 'behind the scenes' and I negated the only means I had of actually showing it by cutting away early. I was hoping it'd be able to wait until I could explain it in the following chapter, but obviously I fucked up there. I might rework it during the editing pass on this chapter, which will be substantial.

On that note, I'm living dangerously and starting the next chapter before I've done the editing pass on this one. Part of this is because I have a bit of a flow atm and I don't want to disrupt it for what will be an incredibly involved editing process, but underneath that is a simple desire to finish the story. It'll double my workload when it comes time to do all the editing, but that's a problem for future me to deal with.

Thanks very much for your continued feedback.
>>
File: tumblr_nypmkj1YTL1u9hunio1_1280.png (141KB, 833x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nypmkj1YTL1u9hunio1_1280.png
141KB, 833x666px
>>29642397
By the way snap how is your idea's now? Did the other writers advices helped you?
>>
...anyone have a comparison picture between the height of tsareena and a human?
>>
>>29627119
>>29643102
>On that note, I'm living dangerously and starting the next chapter before I've done the editing pass on this one.

Guess I lied; now that I've got my head on that track all I can think about is rewriting this thing.

I'm taking the chapter down for an overhaul. I'm not sure I'll be finished tonight considering how much work needs to be done, but if I'm not then it'll surely be done tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get it in before the thread expires, so I don't fuck up the recap.
>>
>>29644302
Yeah, an anon gave me some helpful advice. I even went back and gave the great debate in that chapter a pretty big rewrite using what they said about it. So, I've had some good feedback thus far, but I'm always open to more.
>>
bedtime bump
>>
File: PicsArt_11-04-09.35.23.jpg (66KB, 1028x744px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_11-04-09.35.23.jpg
66KB, 1028x744px
>>29644949
Tsareena is as tall as a Lopunny so I just had to scale the official art to the bunny's size and take it from there.
>>
>>29595971
Well i started to do this fanfic by myself. But well i suppose story will defend itsel because i'm not perfect at english so my "Art" can become feeding ground for grammar nazis.

Wish me luck
>>
File: 1478226744262.jpg (48KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478226744262.jpg
48KB, 630x400px
Morning bump
>>
>>29595971
>>29648370

well, its done
http://pastebin.com/gstPeMYP

Probably grammar is dead. But whatever. Its SFW anyway.
>>
Thug lyfe bump

Still chipping away at my scrafty story. That thread yesterday was nice, before it was deleted.
>>
File: 1478208908618.png (279KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1478208908618.png
279KB, 1000x1400px
>>29649050
any opinion?
>>
thread is ded.
>>
>>29649050
I'm good at writing funny stories?
>>
>>29649050
I'll be frank: either English isn't your first language or you skipped a class of grammar/reading when working on it. I could give advice while trying to ignore it, but there's too much wrong going on for me to completely understand what is going on.

My advice: Google up some tutorials on writing/grammar rules and start reading any good books to help capture how dialog and interactions work.

Still, it is rare for an anon to take up a pen to do his own request, which is pretty ballsy.
>>
Discussion bump:

I've read multiple stories in which trained pokémon, even those owner by the same trainer, fulfill different roles in their domestic life and have varying degrees of satisfaction with those roles.

For example, we have Warden and the houndoom in cge's story Eternally Vernal. The latter are strictly "work partners", whereas the former becomes a real part of the family. Neither party seems to have any qualms about this arrangement. Also not spoiler since this is established in chapter 1.

Then there's traipsingexodus' story Au Coup Par Coup. You've got Charles, expressive, allowed inside the house, included in master's affairs, and very obviously a part of Ignace's life outside of work. And then there are arcanine and drifblim, who are just battle bots.

I pose this question to everyone in the thread: how do you determine what pokémon to be obedient battlers, and what pokémon to become "more"? How do you decide how these pokémon feel about their given positions? What would make a mere battler want more out of life?
>>
>>29652856
I typically decide who's going to do what before I start writing and base the decision off of what the premise of the work is. In the case of Au Coup Par Coup, I wanted a species with intrinsic thematic ties to the big bad, and so it made the most sense to have Charles be a bisharp and flesh him out so that his impact on the story and reaction to events was distinctly Pokemon in nature. It also provides an excellent contrast to how Ignace takes the events in.

Compare this to Arcanine, who takes his lot in life as a doggo would - he's happy he's around when he is and that he gets pats on the head because it's more or less all he knows. He's not stupid, but in the context of the work (hello this is fire doggo) he sits below Charles in intelligence.

For a Pokemon to want more out of his life than a job as a battle bot would mean the work already had it planned or it developed organically. Like a Banette that's become a bit tired of only being out and about when it's time to beat faces in because they see happy, "free" Pokemon every time they battle. Incidentally, ACPC has a Pokemon that falls into this idea of wanting more but that's much, much later.
>>
>>29652798
actually English is not my first language so it was sometimes hard to find good words to describe some situations. Yea. If i could write in my national language (Polish) it will be better in grammar and style overall. But at least i tried to make something in english.

But well, I'm still learning.
At least I'm proud of myself i delivered my own request.
>>
>>29653814
I'd say just write in polish, I'm sure you could find someone willing to translate. Student, language learner. Generally speaking when it comes to writing and the arts in general, I think its much better to do so in your native language rather than stressing yourself over english grammar.
I wouldn't mind it, and I think most people here wouldn't mind it either. When push comes to shove we can just use a translator or something.
>>
>>29652856
Pokemon in domestic situations isn't really a topic I've written about so far, but I might be able to offer some input here. Personally, I think that writing Pokemon as more than simply tools for combat is a good idea, but only so long as that particular Pokemon is an important character. Letting them be emotionless "battle bots" sounds boring, but making them more than simply obedient battlers would get tedious if done for every single Pokemon. I'd say that the more important the Pokemon is, the better an idea it is to make it more of a character instead of a "mere battler".

So, I think of it as a case-by-case basis. If a Pokemon appears repeatedly and actually acts like a real character who influences the plot somehow instead of just being a means to an end or a random obstacle, it might be best to flesh it out to some degree so that it doesn't seem one-dimensional.

As for whether or not Pokemon feel content in their places or want more out of life, I also imagine that would be case-by-case. Some individual Pokemon might have more independent personalities (either by nature or nurture) and therefore dislike being used mostly just for battle, while others would be satisfied with that life. Alternatively, the treatment they receive from their trainers might also influence them to like or dislike battling.
>>
>>29653814
Try writing it in polish and using google translate. I know google translate is pretty hit and miss, but it can turn out surprisingly well if you have someone who speak the language look it over.
>>
>>29655328
We've had several fics posted here in spanish and portuguese, so polish can't hurt.
>>
I have a possibly retarded question regarding requests, going out to anyone who's knowledgeable about writethread culture, so to speak.

If someone accepts a certain request and starts writing on it, can other people write on the same request? Or is it pretty much claimed by that first writer alone?

I ask because one request from earlier struck my fancy (though I haven't made much progress with planning it out, and I'm still unsure if I'll actually ever write it), but then I saw someone else accept that same request. Although I'm unsure if they've done anything with it yet, it still made me wonder if writing on the same request as someone else might be frowned upon in any way. I would assume not, but I figure it might be good to hear people's thoughts on the matter regardless.
>>
>>29657466
Fuck no, write away
There's no guarantee the other person will ever get to it anyway
>>
>>29657466
I don't think there's any claim thing going on for writethread requests, though supposedly requesting the literally same thing (after getting the same thing 100% completed and delivered) is frowned upon. I only talk from my experience in drawthreads.

Oterwise there's nothing wrong with two cakes
>>
>>29653814
>I'm proud of myself
As well you should be. You have stepped over the barricade that so many haven't the courage to mantle.

Also, Poland needs fan-fiction, too. I can't imagine how difficult my writing must be for international readers or translation-dependent readers. Yet, I do see international visits in read-something-multichapter ratios on my FFN stats sometimes.

>>29652856
>How do you …
I let them decide.
>What would make a mere battler want more out of life?
Comprehension of an alternative goal.

>>29657466
As many authors as are willing should write for every prompt.
>>
>>29657508
>>29657524
>>29657859
Alright, that's good to hear. Part of me was worried about that, even though it didn't sound like something that would be the case. I just didn't want it to be a situation like a guy asking for a cake and then one guy makes a cake for him, but then I make one as well and show it off too, and people think I'm stealing the other guy's thunder. And maybe that was a silly thing to think, but I'm glad to have it cleared up regardless.

Now I've just got to figure out if and when I'll write it. And how to write it. That's the hard part.
>>
>>29658005
Now you're talking about politics.

I did mention before that I hoped my rather deviated take on the prompt that inspired Trick Candle was suitable, for a similar reason; that because I spoke upon it, that others may either consider it taken or should I be seen as dreadful consider it conquered. Apparently nobody (perhaps not even the requester) returned to the prompt, so perhaps it mattered not, but you do speak of a matter that hasn't been openly discussed at any length here. I do vaguely recall prompts receiving two treatments in the past, but I don't believe it caused any disruptions in the culture of this thread.
>>
File: 1470941382181.png (93KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1470941382181.png
93KB, 400x700px
Here's a prompt: pokémon in a domestic setting (not necessarily a caught mon) gets pissy that humans control everything around it, so it orchestrates a situation in which a human has to turn to it for help instead of the other way around.

I think it sounds cute, and control is one of my literary fetishes.
>>
>>29659392
Beheeyem hides the batteries to the remote and conquers the living room by being the only source of infrared light flickers to change the television channel.
>>
>>29659729
Finally a story where pokemon live up the title of "monster". Might be a little too edgy even.
>>
>>29647360
So her head is around the middle/upper torso of a human. That's pretty cute, actually. Gives me some ideas.
>>
>>29658005
If you are referring to me, I don't mind it personally. My hunter fic is written in 15 minute bursts, and is far from being finished. Lots of good shit going on though. If it isn't me, I suggest you ask them. Some people may take offense, I guess. It might be that if they write something, and another anon writes it better, they would be unhappy for several reasons. But my first two chapters are barely done and I need to edit them still, so feel free.
>>
>>29662411
No, don't worry, I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to an anon from another thread, about this request here >>29589817

I'll wait a bit to see if that anon reappears. They've gone AWOL since last thread as far as I can tell (though to be fair, it's hard to be sure when they're anonymous), but if they show up again, I might ask them what they think, as you suggest.

Also, there's probably not much risk of me writing it better than someone else anyway. I still have no idea what I'm doing for the most part.
>>
>>29645166
I, for one, will be looking forward to it. Only started reading a couple days ago, and I really like what you're doing with it. First pokemon fanfic I've ever read, too.
>>
>>29662975
Shit, I'm honored. Stick around the thread, there's plenty better than I here.
Sorry, you'll be waiting a little bit, because...
>>29645166
I'm doing way more work on this than I thought, basically rewriting it top to bottom and merging some elements of the following chapter into it. I can't anymore promise when it'll be up.

Sorry, whoever does the recap
>>
File: 1477085674093.jpg (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477085674093.jpg
69KB, 400x400px
>>29664136
Take your time. It will be better if you don't rush it.

Speaking of taking sweet time to do things: I'm planning to finally read your chapter 7 tomorrow. It's super delayed now and I'm unsure if anything I'll say about it will help you, but I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten. Think of it as fashionably late.

And as for the recap, you could always just make a reply to it and explain things, if the recap ends up being incorrect.
>>
File: Tucker's_Swampert.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Tucker's_Swampert.png
1MB, 1174x881px
I'm writing something straight for once
>>
>>29664553
>And as for the recap, you could always just make a reply to it and explain things, if the recap ends up being incorrect.
Good point, I'll do so.

Don't think that, last night I decided to rewrite a bit of Ch.4 and tonight I decided to rewrite a bit of Ch.6, all because of feedback. It's never too late. What I put out is little better than a draft.
>>
>>29664605
Did it

http://pastebin.com/853E4Dpz NSFW
>>
>>29665961
If you're going to link to an FA account, you may as well become a namefag.

Also, you don't need to spoiler links, even if they're NSFW.
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>29667033
Good to know, thank you!
>>
>>29669566
Write a story about faggots dying then.
>>
noon bump
>>
File: pixiv48951551_2.jpg (66KB, 482x547px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv48951551_2.jpg
66KB, 482x547px
Qt bump

Maybe in a few years there will be more frog stories. You'd expect it to be more popular among non-fetish writers.
>>
>>29614657
any info about this fic?
>>
>>29652856
>how do you determine what pokémon to be obedient battlers, and what pokémon to become "more"?
Simple: none of my 'mons are merely "obedient battlers". It is a settings constant of mine that Pokémon go train with humans *because of that something more to become, or that they learn the presence of that more fast. Even in the wild, if you're fighting merely to survive, you are soon going to learn that fighting is not the only way to do it and that you can get a bit of solace to let your wounds heal properly if you learn the basics of being nice to your neighbour and maybe trading some berries and stuff.

Of course, you can be an obedient battler, if you trust your Trainer's strategy, but that will likely because there's something more to the fight and not just because le fight / le obedience.

>What would make a mere battler want more out of life?
It would depend on why being a mere battler. If you are merely fighting because le survival, then there's opening that mon's eyes to the marvels of Manslon's Pyramid (sic?). If it is because of a lol owtheedgedarklord edgy past of "I have nothing else left than the fight", well, life itself takes care to inject an "else".

Of course, you can't show that for each and every Pokémon. You gotta split the focus, and the characters who will become more developed on-screen will likely be the ones who have a more interesting "more" to show off as they learn.

>>29657145
Verily, Español es un idioma glorioso. Maybe I should post moar here in Spanish.
>>
>>29672182
>the marvels of Manslon's Pyramid (sic?)
Maslow's Hierarchy?
>>
>>29673283
The same and very one thank you.
>>
>>29662955
OR of that request. Personally I don't mind if someone else tries out my request, as >>29657524 kinda hits the mark for me.
>>
File: dsssss_by_anira_the_fox-dal2cvy.png (767KB, 876x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dsssss_by_anira_the_fox-dal2cvy.png
767KB, 876x1000px
>>29674662
That's good to hear. And just so you know, right now I'm still tossing around ideas for it. I've got some things planned out, but I'm not sure if it'll all pan out. If I do write it, it shouldn't take too long to complete, but I make no promises on its arrival date (or quality, for that matter).
>>
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10937639/1/The-Monster-Within

I've been reading this for the past few weeks. Make no mistake, it's hot garbage, but it's got a few concepts that could have been interesting had they been done right. Plus it's one of the only stories in existence featuring Scrafty.

Its first major flaw is that it treats its cast of pokémon characters like humans. Except when it doesnt. It can't even be argued that those with any sort of seniority are simply more complex than their younger counterparts, because at least two of the "main" characters are children, and they still act like humans.

(to be continued)
>>
>>29675559
The second major flaw is that this author seems to have a whole canon set out in their mind, a developed setting in which the story takes place, much like our cge. However, this setting is completely muddled, and where large chunks of relevant background information are missing, they're replaced with swaths of text about completely irrelevant, mind-numbing bullshit. Towns, events, relations, none of which are related to current events, just so much garbage clogs up every chapter. And because so much of it is unnecessary, because there's not enough background given in the right places, most of the information the reader is given ends up boring to read and seemingly useless. For example, at the beginning, you've got Bubbles, the little Oshawott specially bred for a comfortable life among humans. The narrator takes you through the nauseating motions of every aspect of her comfortable life, from her playing with Gloria (who dies before the chapter's end and is therefore not a character anyone would or should give a fuck about) to her eating Mommy's delicious people food (another character who fucks off before chapter 2, making her a non-entity). All this means absolutely nothing, because for the rest of the story, Bubbles complains about wanting to play with Gloria and eat Mommy's hot meals. Having it forced down our throats in the first chapter adds nothing that wouldn't be in the story anyway. It detracts from what could be the only half-sane character in the story (other than Ash, Iris, and Cilan, all of whom are completely useless, and the latter of whom the author forgets the names a few chapters in). To make matters worse, Bubbles' is the only full backstory we see. While the author's account is filled with stories all focusing on the same canon he's constructed (so he may have others' backstories stowed away in another fic) next to nothing is properly explained in this one. Bubbles' useless tragic backstory is the only thing that's fully explicated.
>>
>>29675624
(this is part of the last paragraph, had to split it up due to length)

Everyone else either talks circles around information necessary for reader comprehension, or just exist as mindless extensions of their trainers with personalities made up of two whole lines of dialogue.

Its third major flaw: gross out. I didn't think I'd ever encounter a story that I'd be inclined to criticize for its use of disgusting imagery, but here it is. It's not even (just) gross out humor-- the author seems to think that humans (and here that means pokémon too) are filthy, smelly, unwashed creatures that run on sex. Of course, you could argue that that's true, but for god's sake, you don't write a story about it. Mentioning it a few times to establish the setting is acceptable, but as the story progresses, the author continues to add repulsive details that only make the reader uncomfortable. I get the feeling that he's trying to express how pokémon living in rejection of human society end up living like soiled, mentally distraught children, knowing no better than to adhere to their most base desires, but at this point he's beating us over the head with something that is pretty clear without being said outright. We don't need mentions of used tampons and flatulence in every chapter to make sure we remember the life the characters have made for themselves.

There's also a huge focus on guns, law enforcement, and half-developed "complex" personalities. I feel like the author is some ex-military cowboy writing this in his swamp shack. Lots of military gibberish and firearm technobabble that an unsavvy reader would just skip over. Knowing what kind of gun some pikachu has is not nearly as important a detail as the author thinks it is.
>>
>>29675651
While the author has his own personalized setting for his stories, they're confirmed to take place in the Ashnime. The themes clash obnoxiously here. The league and ranger union are both anime-established international authorities on pokémon--what are they doing while this band of traumatized pokémon get their daily thrills in bombing a town so hard it gets its own passport check at the gate? Very little about this setting is believable. It just wouldn't be allowed to happen, no matter what canon you use, but most especially not in the anime.

The themes that intrigue me are the control issues and general emotional distress of many of the disenfranchised pokémon. The antagonist Scrafty, mainly, is just a lost soul too mentally ill to cope with the deaths of his family. I couldn't care less about the other characters, though. Of course, because the author uses this character as a human instead of a pokémon, the discussion of these issues ends up utterly unbelievable. The literal fuck kinda understanding of dissociative identity disorder would any pokémon conceivably have? It doesn't even sound like the author himself knows about half the "gritty and realistic" shit he writes about.

End.
>>
>>29675624
>major flaw is that
>like our cge
Aka=the monster within!
>>
>>29672038
a-are there and f!greninja stories
>>
When I review a story I tend to ask myself two questions- "Is this written well?" and "Does the author succeed at giving the reader the experience they intended to give?" The first question is relatively cut and dry- that means proper word choice, lack of spelling or grammatical errors, and general readability. The second question is significantly more complex and requires a thorough understanding of literary genres and tropes specific types of literature tend to take. What it boils down to is recognizing what kind of story the author wanted to tell (does he want a murder mystery or a romance, for instance), the types of emotions the author wants the reader to feel at different parts of the story, and how well the author succeeds at this task. As a reviewer it is important to separate your individual tastes from biasing your point of view when writing a general appraisal of a piece of literature.

This is why I don't think a comment like "you don't write a story about X" in a review is remotely useful or fair, IF the passages make sense within the intended themes/context of the story. Maybe the author wanted to write a story where humans were gross, dislikable figures, and maybe we're supposed to think about how Pokemon have a hard time standing some of the people who catch and train them on a regular basis. Even if you don't like this concept, maybe someone else does (and this is exactly the type of story they want to read), so who are you to judge? On the other hand, if it feels out of place in the plot or muddies the message the story is trying to tell, then yes, this is a valid complaint.

Anyways, I haven't read this story in particular (I generally try to avoid anime-based fanfics) but I have read some of Nigel Yearning's stuff and I found it decent. Interesting to see how different is sounds from some of his other stories.
>>
File: pidgeotto.jpg (38KB, 564x519px) Image search: [Google]
pidgeotto.jpg
38KB, 564x519px
also I don't know if anyone else in here is following Silver Resistance but Otto has quickly become my favorite character in the entire story. I want more pmd stories from the perspective of former ferals now
>>
>>29676435
Eh, I'm not really interested in reading about Gruff Old Man McPikachu, so unless the author's other stories feature Nobark in some way, I'll probably pass.
>>
>>29675559
>>29675624
>>29675651
>>29675677
Enticing narration, chap!

>>29676535
I'm told I should follow it. How is it as a story?
>>
>>29677110

The plot of Silver Resistance has gradually transformed from "Human-turned-Charmander vs THE FORCES OF EEEEVUL" to "Charmander and pals try to run a competent rescue team while dealing with personal drama and other shenanigans", but overall it's still very a entertaining adventure. I think ScytheRider's biggest strength is creating memorable and likable characters, as they have complex and interesting personalities and their dialogue is top notch. I like the fact that Charmander's fire powers get a lot more detailed than just some generic "see target, breathe fire" skill and that the guild is so massive and complex that there's a magical "first trip to Hogwarts" feel as you gradually discover its inner workings. There's some exciting battles, lots of dramatic backstory, and some thoughtful messages that go beyond the usual scope of a fanfic. There's so much going on that's worth discussing- character relationships to theorize and argue about, mysteries in the plot, interesting tidbits in the environment- that we could easily fill an entire thread with discussion on this one story.

If I had to complain about anything it's that the story relies on a few overused tropes that don't mesh well with the plot, the "overpowered psychic syndrome" being one in particular that stands out to me. The author spends enough time trying to make all of the elements seem complex and interesting that having one in particular be a clusterfuck of seemingly every imaginable cliche psychic power is particularly jarring. It's practically a non-issue outside of a handful of chapters though so it doesn't really bother me much.

If you like adventures, if you like deep lore, or if you like getting immersed in a world and rethinking what PMD could be like, you're gonna get a lot out of Silver Resistance. If you're not a PMD fan or you want a story that has a more focused plot development (in other words, one with an end in sight) you may want to pass.
>>
>>29678124
Hmmm....

>less "vs EEEVULZ" and more "local office drama" over time
Sounds about my mug of tea.

>interesting characters
>OP'd psychics to nag about
>background stuff and character relationships and all
Yeah, I might give it a shot...

>no end in sight
...carefully.
>>
(bump)
>>
>>29679648
>carefully
The author seems completely dedicated and indicated quite awhile ago that it was past the halfway point. He's definitely not writing by the seat of his pants or making some never-ending story.
>>
It seems I have an itch for eeveelutions and the gay

Does anyone happen to know any fics that revolve around that?
>>
>can think really fucking well for some reason when I'm about to fall asleep
>can barely think when I'm awake.

It's like my mind does t want me to write.
>>
>>29681727
>can think really fucking well for some reason when I'm about to fall asleep
I'm the same way, though I tend to be able to figure things out when I'm trying to talk to people as well. It's weird.
>>
>>29681727
Same here, brother.
I remember I basically thought up an entire lewd story like that. Characters, plot points, scenes and all in one night with just me in my bed.
I'm still trying to figure out how to let out all that creative juice when I'm awake and ready to write.
>>
>>29681506
I meant I had to be careful, not them. :p
>>
>>29681727
I know that feel. I for one have spent the last few nights staying up later than I ought to, lying in bed and tapping out ideas into the notes on my tablet because I keep randomly thinking of stuff to write about.

I think the reason that kind of thing happens is because you're not doing anything while you're lying in bed, so your mind is free to wander. Kind of a shame that it has to be such an inconvenient time.
>>
>>29681727
The cure for that is to say fuck you to sleep, get up and note all of it down. I've done it many times, and I don't think I've ever regretted it.
>>
Any suggestions for someone who hasn't written multi-chapter fanfiction in years, and hasn't played a Pokemon mainline since the original Black? I'm using bulbapedia for any fall back research on story elements, and adding in the rest as original content. I've done drafts up to ch4.

Also it's Decidueye and male ranger.
>>
>>29683467
Good pairing. Looking forward to it.
>>
File: image.png (462KB, 800x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
462KB, 800x667px
I'm autistic for requesting this, let alone entering this thread, but

Someone take their best shot at writing a belated Halloween adventure with these two.
>>
File: 56073707_p0.jpg (69KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
56073707_p0.jpg
69KB, 1024x1024px
>>29664675
Better late than never.

I read your chapter 7 at last. First off, I remember you saying you'd written multiple versions of it and tried mixing them together, and I think it turned out okay. At least, I wouldn't have guessed that it used to be multiple versions if you hadn't mentioned it. I also liked that Title Drop at the end; it wasn't forced, which is always nice to see. And I didn't see any typos myself. All in all, I think it was a good chapter.

The only thing I can think of to negatively critique is the nightmare in the opening, and even then, it's more of an opinion than an objective flaw. Basically, part of me thinks it might not have enough weight to it, and should feel more important than it does now, considering it's the first nightmare in the story (unless I'm mistaken). While it does a good job of showing that Latias is stressed about her relationship with Michael, and also that he actually does care about her enough to come help her and let her back into the house, it never comes up again besides Michael saying "I hope your nightmare doesn't return" later on. I feel like the nightmare has potential to do more benefit to the story if given a bit more focus.

For example, once they return to the house, Michael might ask her if she has nightmares often. Then she would say that this nightmare was the first in a very long time. This would give the nightmare more impact, as it shows that the recent antagonism she has with Michael affects her deeply enough to trigger a bad dream even when she's not prone to them.

Basically, I believe that while the nightmare works fine as is, it possibly could be made to benefit and factor into the plot more. Otherwise, I think the chapter's fine.
And maybe this has all been gibberish but I've spent the better part of an hour figuring out how to phrase it all, so screw it, I'm posting it anyway.
>>
>>29684782
Makes perfect sense to me. Thank you very much for the feedback!

I'll keep in mind those notes on the nightmare. It's going to have more weight later but that's no reason to not increase its impact now, you're right.
>>
Why is all the NSFW fic bestiality/furfaggotry?
>>
>>29683716
I get that the Oshawott is Wolverine, but what's the Chespin dressed as?
>>
File: 123412341.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
123412341.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
>>29685796
Because this franchise is about pokemon, not mundane humans. There is very little point in writing human on human because that has almost nothing to do with fantastical death creatures with huge dicks. Only waifufaggotry and husbandofaggotry have merit.
>>
>>29685796
http://pastebin.com/z1z4MtCP
http://pastebin.com/3QQxR1CG
http://pastebin.com/KpvPszZx

The last one isn't all mine, but the top few are.
>>
>>29614657
Tfw this guy forgot about us
>>
>>29686153
Oh hey welcome back Wicke anon. Good to see you're still at it.

Perhaps you could submit some of those wicke fics you did to the catalog?
>>
>>29686178
These are the old ones, I unsurprisingly burnt myself out on her a bit. I might go back to her to keep myself busy, but I got a few lined up to knock out.

Uh, sure I think I can do that. Which of the ones from the Wicke list do you think are really good and should go in?
>>
>>29685433
I'm glad to hear it was intelligible. And I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to reading it quicker this time.
>>
>>29686199
of the ones in your list, these string out to me the most.

http://pastebin.com/T3rn4ufe - Gladion's Eighth Grade Syndrome, Wicke's Solution

http://pastebin.com/eu68ttj5 - Wicke At the Office

http://pastebin.com/4kuaDAdf - Wicke goes to Anville

http://pastebin.com/Wux69umD - Wicke Rides The Yuri Train CHOO CHOO

And my biased favorite (since it was my request): http://pastebin.com/nEwjed9D Wicke Gets In Trouble

Of course you're free to pick and choose what to upload since you're the author.
>>
>>29686298
Let's see if this trip works. Maybe I can keep track of it.

Only one of those I didn't write was the Gladion one. Very happy that the rest are me though.
>>
File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>29614657
>Big disaster forgot about us
>We will will never read good snuggly tsareena fic.

Why live?
>>
>>29686199
>>29686298
see >>29632096 if you really wanna submit them in
>>
>>29686335
Don't fret Pepe, I'm just a very slow and new writer.
WIs Kallias a good name for a Tsareena? Or should I just leave her nameless?
>>
>>29686763
I say leave her nameless for simplicity sake
>>
>>29686868
Very well. I like that name a lot though, hopefully I get to use it someday.
>>
>>29686763
Nameless is better
>>
>>29686763
Nameless or name her "Tsary-chan"
>>
Boop
>>
File: 1474233701312.png (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474233701312.png
147KB, 1024x768px
ded thred walking
>>
>>29687146
>honorifics
>english
Your autism is showing, senpai
>>
>>29688629
Not if we help it to its final rest.
Two more pall bearers needed.
>>
>>29688951
It's not like he wants to reveal his power level to you or anything
>>
File: pixiv46624429.jpg (497KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv46624429.jpg
497KB, 924x1200px
Gud thread
See you in the next
>>
new thread
>>29690625
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.