[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptcgg/ Pokémon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Solgaleo-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg (223KB, 612x845px) Image search: [Google]
Solgaleo-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg
223KB, 612x845px
Old thread: >>29129147

New? Git Gud:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: What do you think of the Pokemon GX? What pokemon do you want to see as GX?
>>
>>29256707
Now that we know Solgaleo and Lunala GX won't be basics I see their use going down quite a bit. Lunala will still be a Psychic staple but Solgaleo becomes a lot less formidable when it's basically a better Zoroark that gives up two prizes and cant Mind Jack. Keldeo is still better in expanded.
>>
>>29257193
We don't know that they won't be Basic.
>>
>>29257222
Yes we do, they have preevolutions. No GX that evolves has been revealed as a basic. That's why the stage is blanked out on the previews, because they haven't revealed the preevos yet.
>>
File: 825.png (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
825.png
8KB, 256x256px
>>29257222
Yes we do.
>>
>>29256707

>What do you think of the Pokemon GX?

I think that they could be interesting, but because of the 1 use per game of GX attacks I doubt they'll be the focus of decks. Lurantis GX seems like it could be way overpowered though with that first attack.

I really dislike the look of GX cards though. The cards look to angular imo and I'm not a fan of the GX bar. I kinda liked Solgaleo and Lunala's cards because of the artwork, but then we got Snorlax, Lurantis and Gumshoos (I think all 3 cards look terrible).

>What pokemon do you want to see as GX?

Hopefully NOT any Pokemon I really like. The distribution is hard to predict though - so far we've had 4 Sun/Moon Pokemon and a Snorlax. I'm not really sure which Pokemon are going to get GX cards.
>>
>>29257327

Wait, I forgot about Lycanroc. That card looks bad too, but it seems like it could be viable.
>>
>>29257290
How do you know that will evolve into Lunala? What if it's a form, like Shaymin? Or what if it's its own thing?
>>
page 10 save
>>
>>29257771
Are you not paying attention to the data mining? It's 100% a prevo.
>>
>>29259997
Lol it doesn't even come before Lunala in the Dex
>>
So, GX pokemon are just EX pokemon, but they have z-moves and can also be evos?
>>
>>29260802
Yes
>>
>>29260802
Some other notes about them:
>Basic GX Pokemon have 180~190 HP
>Stage 1 GX Pokemon have 190~210 HP
>Stage 2 GX Pokemon presumably have 210~240 HP
>GX Attacks aren't weighed
>All other attacks are weighed exactly like EX Pokemon
>GX Attacks deal ~50 damage per energy required, normally around 200 for 4 energies
>NFE Pokemon that become GX Pokemon aren't weighed differently from non-GX NFEs
>>
>>29260741
It's supposed to be the 1st stage of a 3 stage line, Solgaleo and Lunalaa split from the 2nd one. Or they could just be SOS summons and Solgaleo and Lunalaa are basics.
>>
>>29261045
At least they decided that evos should play a role in the GX mechanic.

I appreciate it.
>>
>>29263408
No amount of bumping will save this thread from the shit posting going on outside.
>>
Holy fuck, a thread finally.

I think I've figured it out guys, a way to escape the metagame square of m-mewtwo / m-gard / m-scizor / volcanion.

I'll just play Darkrai / Giratina.
I see no flaw with my plan whatsoever.
>>
I just had a seller tell me to go fuck myself over on TCGPlayer. After waiting for 11 days with no show on my order. All my other orders came in less than a week ago. Is this normal?
>>
>>29264193
Are you kidding me?

Darkrai / Giratina loses to Mega Mewtwo, Mega Scizor and Rainbow Road
>>
>>29261080
If its a split evo into Solgaleo and Lunala, why do they come after Lunala and before Solgaleo?

We need to stop jumping the gun and wait for more info.
>>
>>29265079
It's unfavorable against M-Mew only if they set a garbodor in the first two turns, in that case you don't focus on the giratina and focus on your darkrai which has psychic resist. And even if they set up the garbodor you can still set up a backline Gira and then lysander it later and then lock them down. It's a 50/50 matchup at WORST.

Scizor is a mediocre to bad matchup, it's around 60/40 in favor of Scizor but it's manageable. It's a lot like M-Mew end of the day.

Also rainbow road is basically a dead meme online. That deck literally loses to like everything OTHER than like two decks. And it still gets locked down by Gira really easily actually.
>>
>>29264914
Unless you are ordering from outside your native country there is no excuse for that nonsense.
>>
>>29265079
DarkTina won Orlando Regionals and was second most popular deck in the Top 32.
>>
File: 1476845063013.jpg (889KB, 3226x3226px) Image search: [Google]
1476845063013.jpg
889KB, 3226x3226px
>>29265232
>why do they come after Lunala and before Solgaleo?

They come before both.
>>
>>2>>29266125
Such an underwhelming gen. I really hope that isn't all of the new Pokemon. They look fine design wise, just want more of them.
>>
>found a 8x trade cycle
neat
>>
>>29267975

I've been accomplishing all my realistic trading goals with a modest 2x trading cycle for around a year. There really isn't a point to anything more than that.
>>
>>29268760
4x cycles are pretty good actually.
5 trades for 3 packs vs 3 trades for 1 is a pretty decent improvement.
Anything more than that is silly but still nice.
>>
reminder that yveltal will never ever die
>>
>>29270424
Just like this general.
>>
>>29256707
Is legacy worth getting into? Got my hands on about 70 Roaring Skies packs, thinking of getting a Weavile/Exeggcute deck.
>>
>>29272056
Roaring Skies is not part of legacy
>>
>>29272090
It's to trade for legacy cards
>>
>>29272056
It's a solved meta so there's virtually no wiggle room if you want to actually win. Lots of fun meme decks and you can pull off things that just don't fly in Expanded, though. You also only play against either theme deck poorfags or Mr 4 SRUB 4 Celebi tcfag.

It's definitely a fresh breath of air from Standard, though.

Super protip: Legacy staples are nowhere near as expensive as you think, doubly so now that we get Legacy packs from tournaments. The real issue is finding someone with them. Expect your public trades to stay up for a week in some cases.

>>29272090
Please don't open packs.
>>
>>29272171
Yeah the weavile/eggs deck didn't seem that expensive. It's just the junk arms that cost a shit load.

I guess I'll just hold on to these till they put up Triumphant packs in the store or something so I can buy them with tokens. Can't be too hard to pull Junk arms, right?
>>
>>29272407
You can get Junk Arms for 1-2 RS each.
Triumphant packs probably won't be in the store. We're lucky HGSS is even in there. Not that there's anything particularly good in it.
Comp Search, Sableye, Dark Patch, Laserbank, and Undaunted Sneasel are also pretty pricey, maybe on par with Junk Arm.
>>
>>29272468
How? I put up 5 ROS packs 1 for 24 hours and got nothing
>>
>>29272507
Like I said, no one actually has these cards. Chances are no one saw it is all.
It's a matter of someone simply finding your offer. It takes me about 1-2 weeks to build a new Legacy deck even if I'm overpaying.
>>
>>29265678
DarkTina did not win. It was Yveltal-EX.
>>
>>29272833
This >>29171058 list is wrong then? Or I don't understand something.

>1. Rahul Reddy (8-0-1) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT
>2. Alex Schemanske (8-1-0) - Vileplume Toolbox
>3. Igor Costa (8-1-0) - M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor BPT
>4. Addison Powell (8-1-0) - Gyarados AOR/Meowstic EX
>5. Daniel Lopez (8-1-0) - Volcanion EX
>6. Michael Catron (7-2-0) - Rainbow Road
>7. Azul Garcia Griego (7-2-0) - M Gardevoir EX
>8. Ahmed Ali (7-2-0) - Volcanion EX
>9. Rith Ke (6-0-3) - M Gardevoir EX STS
>10. Russell LaParre (6-0-3) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT
>>
>>29273090
That's Top 32 going into Day 2 of the event. Those listings are how the decks placed at the end of Day 1.
>>
File: 94f3f1ffcf4cf201b9f09997cfbc865d.png (949KB, 1007x628px) Image search: [Google]
94f3f1ffcf4cf201b9f09997cfbc865d.png
949KB, 1007x628px
someone can make some changes ?
I feel like the deck has some problems,
also is there a card to get rid of garbodor? (not lysandre)
mewtwo decks fucked me up everytime.

I don't have jolteon, a second shaymin or another pikachu ex but I'm working on it
>>
>>29273783
-1 Skyla
-2 Fisherman
-1 Clemont
-3 Max Elixer
-1 Flash Energy
No clue how many L Energy you have. 10? 12?

+1 Rare Candy
+2 Trainers' Mail
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Sycamore
+1 Raikou

>also is there a card to get rid of garbodor? (not lysandre)
No

>mewtwo decks fucked me up everytime.
This deck will never beat anything tiered. Especially not Mewtwo.
>>
>>29273783
Find space for another Magnemite (ideally the free retreat ability ones, if they're not expanded only) and some Level Balls. You want one on the bench first turn.
Letters for elixir, it's more consistent and you have Magnezone for acceleration. Cut 1 or both Clemont on that note.
Also cut 1-2 Fisherman. It will clog your hand, 1-of is enough since you want to discard it and Seeker it later.
>>
save
>>
One day, we will rise above and be a decent crowd and talk about children's card games.

Speaking of card games, I'm going to an XY Evolution thing this weekend at my local cardshop. I bought a shit ton of physical cards recently, hope my local area crowd is cool.

Living in Boston so I have hope.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.