[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 18

File: 1476158222838.jpg (791KB, 1074x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1476158222838.jpg
791KB, 1074x1074px
/vpwt/: Posing Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>29118702

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: What do you use to write your fics? Do you have any advice for good word processors to use?
>>
But leaks aren't over, it's gunna die
>>
File: Zinnia and Steven.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zinnia and Steven.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Welp, I was considering sticking around for the new thread, getting into some of my ideas early on in the thread, but apparently some pretty big spoilers have dropped. That, and Alolan Golem. Really interested in what type it'll be.

I'll bookmark the thread for now and see if it's still alive in the morning. If anyone wants to send me a few quick ideas for my story where Zinnia and Steven travel the world And she at one point gets stabbed feel free to give them out.
>>
>>29217875
Not if I have anything to say about it.
Oh who am I kidding we're done for
Still, I figured I'd make a thread anyway on the off chance the leaks/datamining don't generate enough hype to kill us.
>>
>>29217366
Fic recap

Mimiga's doggobug jamboree, "The Most Special Doggo of All". SFW
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8282332

Anon's Tsareena fapfic. NSFW (obviously)
http://pastebin.com/dtRHS3W3

Snapath's hey, that's me Chapter 2 of his Combee fic, "Outcast of Comb Island". SFW
http://pastebin.com/zA02gyz3

Un fanfiction escrito en EspaƱol. It was made in 2015 but posted in the last thread so I figured I'd include it anyway.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11663371/1/Aventura-en-Johto-Gold-Silver-y-Crystal

Similarly, an anon posted a bunch of old fics of theirs here >>29210616, except they are in Portuguese.

And that's all I found. Tell me if I missed anything.
>>
>>29217366
>Topic of the Thread: What do you use to write your fics?

Gdocs.

Pretty solid, honestly. Problem is, you need a gmail account to view.
>>
>>29217366
LibreOffice. It was free, it works just fine, and that's all I need of a processor. I move shit into Google Docs when I need to for editing.

>>29218062
Have her get stabbed in Unova while chasing someone down for information because she's impulsive. (?) Dunno if that's a good enough idea for you there mate.

I could spitball some more but I don't know where you're sending them first. For that matter, I don't know if the Unova suggestion is even a good one.
>>
>>29218355
Playing Dangerous and still here. As someone who loves Zinnia as a character, I feel like this is something that would totally happen. Although, it wouldn't happen in Unova because people are so fucking nice to you that they just give you bicycles.
>>
File: 1451277721866.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1451277721866.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
>>29217366
>What do you use to write your fics? Do you have any advice for good word processors to use?

To this day I still swear by M$ Word. My advice is to use what you enjoy. Old school Office is very comfy.
>>
>>29218062
I'm not up to speed on your ideas for that fic, but are you planning to have her encounter Dragon-types at all? I feel like it might be good to make her really interested in meeting them and obsessed about finding as many as possible, especially when she finds one not native to Hoenn. It'd tie in to her Draconid past and how she's lived in Hoenn her whole life (unless I'm mistaken).
>>
>>29219186
>To this day I still swear by M$ Word. My advice is to use what you enjoy. Old school Office is very comfy.
Same. Using Word'13. Going to google docs is suffering while I've had no battery, after all the quirks I've learned to love.
>tfw I can't ctrl-' before I press e to get the accented e in Pokemon
>tfw I can't use context-menu cut-and-paste
>tfw I can't copy formatting into and out of gdocs
The only thing I like better about gdocs is it handles horizontal lines better.
ALSO, FOR ANYONE READING
I updated Chapter 6 of BSTF with a second scene. I've been agonizing over it for two weeks and I finally have something I think is kinda-sorta servicable, but I'm still not completely happy with it. I'm going to foist it upon you anyway. Maybe it can hold you over until I'm done writing Ch.7, which I hope will be much better.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12125737/6/Big-Shoes-to-Fill
>>
File: az.png (196KB, 1903x1263px) Image search: [Google]
az.png
196KB, 1903x1263px
>>29220034
Here's pretty much everything that I discussed with in the previous thread.

As for your Draconian question, they will probably encounter all the main boxart dragon legendaries, I would love to go into Unovian mythology with the Original Dragon at some point, and she probably will pick up a few dragons here and there. Two ideas in specific are Drampa, who she's only able to keep because Steven really wants a Minior/Alolan Sandshrew, and Jangmo-o, because that's a pokemon i can totally see her wanting. Will probably dabble around with the other dragon types in my head.
>>
File: 1476757484127.png (202KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1476757484127.png
202KB, 500x364px
>>29217366
>TOtT: I usually go with googledocs, but I have an older microsoft word on my laptop, so when I'm out and about, I write it on that. GDocs is my backup, so I don't lose anything (because I've lost papers and stories in the past). I also tend to write in German, so I usually can't find betas for my shit.

>>29219186
so comfy, I agree 100%. I used presentation once for a project in university, and it had all that nice transition stuff, and movement. GDocs gging wheeeeeen?
>>
>>29220340
Ah, shit, I forgot to put my name back in there. Oh, well, the pic should be enough to imply it.
>>
>>29220094
>>tfw I can't ctrl-' before I press e to get the accented e in Pokemon
>tfw I use Linux, can define custom key sequences to produce whatever characters I like, works in all programs.
>tfw millennials don't know about holding Alt and typing 0233 on numpad.
>>
Anon who said he was writing for a tabletop here. The damn thing is done.

If anyone wants to look at the current draft, it's here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C-xqYjT-8uMtj9lX1mMzJTmeCqU34NCh2aH6cCJV9QE/

As of now, I'm getting feedback before I do anything else, but there's another draft planned, to make it more expanded and stuff.
>>
>>29220553
>>tfw millennials don't know about holding Alt and typing 0233 on numpad.
I never bothered to learn because I always had a faster way
Thanks for the tip tho
I use linux on a backup bootdisk to diagnose problems with my Windows computers if they wont start, because Ubuntu had a nice partition utility
>>
File: haha.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>29220340
Hey I'm in that screencap! Neat. As far as ideas go, building off of what >>29220034 said, it doesn't seem out of character for Zinnia to try to become acquainted with folklore in each region, especially if it pertains to dragons/creation myths/legendary pokemon, etc. It also produces a pretty interesting contrast to Steven's more methodical approach, who could be more immediately invested in the actual history of an area and what geography and geology can help provide as far as information goes.

What I like most about this dynamic is that neither side can provide all the answers because they leave each other out, and therefore they leave out a huge chunk of answers. Lore is interesting, but it doesn't provide an explanation for the people that created/observed the events that occur in that lore and how they got there, etc.

This is all the heavier thinky-talky side of the story though, for goofier shit, it never hurts to play off of how ill-fitting the two are as companions in lighter aspects, and it can act as a jumping off point for romance if you decide so.
>>
>>29220340
There are some good ideas in there. Giving Steven and Zinnia opposing philosophies could be interesting, and I also highly support the idea of Steven getting mad hype about the Underground. Good luck with writing it.
>>
>>29221532
Oh, fantastic! I'll try to screen cap this thread too once it's all said and done, because my memory is absolute shit.Plus inspiration. Knowing people are vaguely interested in my ideas can certainly motivate me.

Zinnia's definitely the type of character who would look more into mythological and more religious sides of cultures, while Steven's more archeology and history, I agree. Apart both sides can work on their own, but in reality, when you take the both of them and put them together, you really have a much more interesting and fleshed out world. So both characters working together could reveal a lot of things.

Humor is definitely something that I always consider important. Because you can get people to love characters and stick around with them more in the long run. A good example of this that I've encountered recently was Red VS Blue. For the first five or so seasons, it was just a really good comedy, (And I mean a REALLY good comedy) but with season 6-13 got me feeling hard. Seeing these characters with this emotional depth, whether funny or not, was really amazing.Plus, it adds some very much needed levity when things get down. There are other examples of this, like the MCU and Avatar: The last Airbender, but that's the one that's stuck in my head the most. Comedy can be more advantageous to you if you know what you're doing, and I'd like to think that alongside all these thinky-talky sides of things, I can come up with some pretty good humorous ideas. Like Archie refusing to ride Camerupt in the desert, so they have to drag him via ropes on his Sharpedo.

>>29221542

The whole opposing philosophies wasn't even my initial idea. But it's something I really like, so I'm going to try and incorporate it as much as I can. The Steven having to be dragged out of the underground kinda was,I'm pretty sure I read that as a headcanon somewhere else though.
>>
File: 1445334911071.jpg (293KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
1445334911071.jpg
293KB, 700x994px
>>
>>29222804
>Archie being dragged through sand on a Sharpedo
That poor Sharpedo...

Striking a good balance between levity and serious moments in the work sounds like the best way to approach everything given that Zinnia's character lends herself naturally to doing goofier shit - you also end up with a commonly seen goofball/straight man scenario that you can play around with and invert or subvert at your leisure (like Steven getting too excited about geology.)

There's opportunities to add plenty of texture to your characters wherever you choose, and if you're shifting in tone in an organic way it'll lend itself to a wide range of readers staying invested - those seeking more serious work stick around for the thinky-talky and those seeking a lighter read stick around for the humor.
>>
File: 1445690824977.jpg (77KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1445690824977.jpg
77KB, 540x540px
Waifu incoming watch out
>>
File: 1433697947501.png (130KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1433697947501.png
130KB, 500x707px
Holding out hope for the potential delivery of >>29136051
>>29182017
>>
Welp. We have Dexsign
Salandit evo looks waifu. Prepare for the /r/s
Hold onto your hats.
>>
File: 1467241908520.jpg (93KB, 800x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1467241908520.jpg
93KB, 800x1228px
>>
Alright, I'm heading off to bed. Hopefully we manage to stay bumped through some miracle, but considering all the datamine hype going on right now, I doubt there'll be a thread to come back to in the morning.

Goodnight sweet thread, flights of angels sing thee to thy rest, blah blah blah. See you later.
>>
>>29228243
I'm on bump duty for an hour or two.
I'll try my best.
>>
File: shwoop.png (70KB, 424x305px) Image search: [Google]
shwoop.png
70KB, 424x305px
>>
>>29229309
>any and all fuwa fuwa images
God damn that's cute
>>
>>29230177
Not gonna lie, if I saw that image before I started BSTF I totally would have included it as some variation of fright reflex.

I still might. Somebody stop me
>>
>>29230311
Fiberglass feathers could ward shit away like tarantula hairs, right? It can make sense.
>>
>>29230311
Fuck that, do it. It's fucking cute. Like Shuckle stuffing its body into its shell and then popping its head out of a completely different hole.
>>
>>29230492
>Fiberglass feathers
In BSTF that's not the case at least, though that was a pretty amusing discussion last time it came up. I've been thinking Latias' feathers are stuff but soft, like a bird's primaries but much shorter. They interlock in such a way that they create this big interwove refractive layer. Underneath is little fluffy downy feathers for insulation. In the first draft of the most recent scene I wrote I actually described this a little in the end, but the end went under two or three revisions to get where it is now, and that bit didn't survive.

>>29230534
I'll have to figure out in what situations it'd make sense that I haven't already blown through. I was thinking it's like the opposite of a bird's neck;normally short but can be crazy extended. Here her neck is long but can retract? In what situation would that even make sense as an instinctive response...
>>
>>29225065
Came back to the thread, despite my better judgement with the leaks. Don't worry about the Sharpedo, it's rough skin hurts the sand more then the sand hurts it.

One thing that came to my head a long while ago, and this is kind of a mix between humorous and kinda heartwarming is that Steven actually watches Steven Universe, but doesn't want anyone else to know that he does because even though he knows it's good, he doesn't want to be branded as someone who watches children's cartoons. But Zinnia actually catches him watching it and becomes vaguely interested, wanting to watch the show with him. The two of them get really into the show, and when someone like, say, Archie tries to make fun of him for watching it, Zinnia flips him over on his back and tells him to shut up.

Thinking a little bit more on the whole "mythology and lore Vs history" kind of thing, one could argue that the show does a little bit of both with the same thing, because to the Gems, they lived through most of the stuff, but to most humans, that stuff was over thousands of years ago, with ruins relating to their wars everywhere. I guess that kind of makes the show perfect for the both of them, in a way.
>>
File: 1474087525933.png (170KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1474087525933.png
170KB, 650x650px
>>29230945
Recoiling away from danger I suppose; it'd imply that the bones in her neck can compress together. Who knows what sort of practical application it has, I just thought it fell under the law of adorable.

>>29230992
That all sounds applicable, but this would be a really odd tangential crossover so I don't know how to feel about it if it's something you're thinking of including. Much as I headcanon things when I write I don't like to cross other IPs in - though I do pull shit from the various forms of media available for Pokemon.
>>
>>29230992
>is that Steven actually watches Steven Universe
no please don't do this. IRL media is for the IRL world, not the pokemon world. ESPECIALLY not if it's supposed to be some central concept to the story. You could get away with maybe a song or poem but not a whole TV show. May as well just write a story about them being sucked into the real world, unless Zinnia's able to apply her multiversal knowledge to cable reception.
>>
>>29231263
>>29231339
It was just an idea that popped into my head. I think it can kinda work if done right. It'd just be like a scene or two in the grand scheme of things.Not really all that important.

Although, giving it a second thought, it would be kind of confusing when you get down to it. Might write it but not put it in the actual story.
>>
>>29231641
The issue is that it is a scene that is effectively impossible to put _into_ context. Actually, impossible is a strong word, but it would be difficult and largely needless unless you were already writing a crossover in the first place - and you don't seem to be doing that.

Leave crossovers to crossover focused stories, but otherwise keep the world as intact as you can and instead dick with what you have already available to you. Hell, I don't even like to include references to actual music or art in my work because I don't want to reference the "real world" and that has made situations where I'd like to reference something that might be applicable really odd.
>>
File: 1476756657470.jpg (29KB, 589x481px) Image search: [Google]
1476756657470.jpg
29KB, 589x481px
>>
I gotta sleep
Someone else bump pls
Pls
>>
>>29233437
no
>>
File: 1467000788971.png (93KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
1467000788971.png
93KB, 500x245px
>>29233437
no
>>
File: 1422319937169.png (209KB, 721x810px) Image search: [Google]
1422319937169.png
209KB, 721x810px
>>
File: 1401935262333.png (637KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1401935262333.png
637KB, 900x1080px
help
>>
File: 1460166485124.png (297KB, 655x617px) Image search: [Google]
1460166485124.png
297KB, 655x617px
Anyone else here avoiding spoilers? I just wanted to know the starters were real or not, I don't really care about deniers, or anything like that.

but I'm so glad archer owl was real omg
>>
>>29226140
I think you mean husbando
>>
>>29231848
I wouldn't outright say it's impossible, but I can definitely see your point. With a lot of things, something like this just wouldn't work. I won't inherently say it couldn't work here, because the pokemon world is basically a super-idealized version of our own, so it would make sense for SOME things of our own world to be there, but at the same time, that's alternate history stuff. I fully will take it all into account though. Making me have seconds thoughts on some things, things that might not work, and that's good. Weed out the shit ideas, keep in the good ones.
>>
>>29217366
Posing still looks silly to me desu
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.