[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 35

Old: >>29129147

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: What meme do you think will eventually see real success?
>>
Where can I find the decklists for regionals? I'd like to compare builds
>>
>>29182673
>TotT: What meme do you think will eventually see real success?

The Vileplume Toolbox deck.
>>
>>29182673
I think MScizor might be more than a meme deck someday
>>
File: orlando regionals finals.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
orlando regionals finals.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>
>>29182814

The official Pokemon website usually posts the Top 8 decklists a week or two after the event

>>29182988

Unless I'm missing something, did someone actually do that?
>>
File: IMG-1.jpg (944KB, 732x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-1.jpg
944KB, 732x1020px
>>29182988
Should have given out Ash-Greninja box sets.
>>
>>29182904
Anyone got a decklist?
>>
Guys where can I find the cheapest TCGO codes online?
>>
>>29183687
In-game public trades
>>
>>29183687
When you get like 5 packs of collateral it's pretty easy to get 7-10 packs a day with minimal effort.
>>
>>29183729
Well how exactly?

I've heard about Ariados but I doubt that works anymore.
>>
>>29183899
kinda its slow tho
>>
File: meowstic-ex-generations-37.jpg (729KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
meowstic-ex-generations-37.jpg
729KB, 700x990px
>Everyone's talking about Gyarados but no one's talking about this piece of shit tech
Can someone explain?
>No way to retreat into it
>Actually lowers your own damage
>Math doesn't check out outside of 210+10 for M Mewtwo, but there are better options for that
>Mind Shock wasn't used and is shit
So what is it for? Why was this in a topping building?
>>
>>29183899
pick a not-rare semi-staple. lets say Max Elixir. I could give you one I use but that would fuck MY shit up so I won't.

Find out the real price. Max Elixir is probably 2 for one SS. Now put out offers of you want 16 for one SS. Didn't work? Try 12 for one SS. Still No? 8 for one SS it is.

Or whatever til you find a bargain that booster box openers are willing to sell for. Do not expect these trades to be picked up immediately. Leave em up overnight.

Once you find a staple (or a few different) that works right, now sell em for one half/one third/one quarter what you've paid.

I have three diff cards right now that all return 4:1 this way.
>>
>>29184039
Literally for what you said
Close out the Mewtwo/M-Ray KOs
>>
>>29183899
I simply can't tell you exactly how because it's best if everyone finds different cards
Basically though you find cards with high trade volume and relatively cheap prices and either buy at half price or sell at double price. A few you can do both but those are hard to find and slow
Cards that people usually run two or one of are best.
You want to have as many trades at once as possible. It can sometimes take multiple days for a single cycle for some cards.
Also use 8 hour trades only because trades close to expiration pop up higher on the list.
>>29184071
>recommending ME
oh fuck you, that one is actually pretty decent
>>
>>29184039
Mmewtwo is the most common deck by far.
It's worth it.
>>
>>29184136
>>29184157
But there's no way to successfully cycle it. You literally have to wait until you're KO'd to do it.
Wouldn't something like Golbat be infinitely better? You'd get the KO on the same turn instead of losing your Gyarados and having to wait one. You can even float with it without needing a Stone, and the attack can set you up in a pinch.
And using Meowstic LOWERS your total damage output unless you happen to have a set up Shaymin.
>>
>>29184195
Anon, meowstic can remove it's own damage counters.
>>
>>29184195
>>29184239
What anon is saying is that you have no way of promoting it and then switching back to the Gyarados in the same turn. Unless you playing with Olympia or Switch, use them on the Gyarados and then retreat with Meowstick back to Gyarados.
>>
>>29184239
Unless it was played before Magma Base, in which case it shouldn't have counters at all. And that's the least important point of my post.

Let me spell it out for you
>Fully set up with Gyarados, Meowstic, and 3 Karps
>You swing for 210
>M Mewtwo KOs you in return
>On your next turn, Meowstic takes the KO
vs
>Same set up
>You Golbat for 20, then swing for 210
>M Mewtwo is KOd without getting to attack
>You still have your Gyarados

In order to do the second thing I described with Meowstic, you'd need to blow a Switch or Olympia for each KO.
>>
>>29182673
Friendly bump
>>
RDG-WYCH-2RC-HMJ
>>
I just got this from my third ever pack opened, began playing yesterday. If only I had regular Ampharos.
>>
>>29185483
what was it
>>
>>29185722
steam siege booster
>>
>>29185706
Regular Ampharos wouldn't do you any good. You need Ampharos-EX.
>>
>>29185706
Why isn't this card a thing?
Perma paralyze + rough seas looks pretty consistent.

Is it because switch and scape rope are common?
>>
>>29185821
This, Ampharos isn't the ideal target for acceleration (Magnezone), the deck is slow and that each Strong Energy adds 40 damage.

TL;DR: There are better options out there.
>>
>>29185821
Perma paralyze is pointless when you can just OHKO them instead with M Mewtwo, M Fug, etc. This is a problem other effects (energy removal, etc) have.
Cards like Plasma Articuno have existed before, with better support. They went nowhere.

>>29186029
No need to pair it with Magnezone. A single Mega Turbo lets you power M Ampharos up on-curve.
>>
File: coh.jpg (21KB, 678x185px) Image search: [Google]
coh.jpg
21KB, 678x185px
Worth it?
>>
>>29187307
Absolutely? Shaymin's like 20-25 RS, and I haven't seen Celebi for less than 30.
>>
>>29187307
No.
>>
>>29187334
>FA shaymin
>20-25 RS
>>
File: image.png (295KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
295KB, 1242x2208px
Starting a kik group if anyone wants in. I want it to be a friendly chat, so no flaming or ad hominem attacks.
>>
>>29187379
>kik
>>
>>29187552
>Yeah haha look at me I don't use that platform and anyone who does is a retard, I'm so cool by being different lmao

I'm glad you don't use it, we don't need people like you.
>>
>>29187379
What the fuck is kik? Why wouldn't you pick Discord or Skype or even IRC? Why are you using a low-quality picture of Skyla?
>>
>>29187379
I thought kik was used exclusively by middle schoolers and 30 year old black people.
>>
>>29187379
>kik
Fuck me, is it 2012 again?
>>
>>29187379
>a fucking phone app
Is this a joke
>>
>>29187819
>I thought kik was used exclusively by middle schoolers
fact
>>
>>29187552
>>29187714
>>29187819
>>29187887
>>29187931
>>29188267
Sorry, once again I forgot that the Pokémon TCG community is //this// antisocial.
>>
>>29188394
>let's make the thread even more dead by using this shitty chat app!
No, you're just retarded
>>
>>29188394
How about you use an actual chat program instead of a fucking iphone app
>>
File: 1070829.jpg (241KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
1070829.jpg
241KB, 321x450px
How can I make this thing playable /vp/? He's so slow setting up, but Dragonite's always been my favorite, plus getting 3 prize cards for one ex knockdown sounds pretty cool. I have him paired with Milotic, but he's just not consistent enough. What would you recommend? Any cards I'm overlooking?
>>
>>29188438
>>29188454
Well fuck me, I didn't know people would be so angry and triggered by a mobile app.

Better than nothing being in the thread at all, ex-fucking-cuse me for trying to contribute to the community rather than letting the thread drop off page 10.
>>
>>29188481

To be fair, some folks don't have smartphones.

>>29187714 also has a point, you should've gone with either of those two before settling on a phone app that's used to get past anti-sexting rules at high schools.

>>29188471

I'd say Magnezone, but running two Stage 2 'mons in a deck is usually a bad idea.
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (11KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
11KB, 237x213px
>>29188481
>>
>>29188481
>contribute to the thread by redirecting posters from the thread to a side community hub
You must be over the age of 18 to post on this site.
>>
>>29188471
Mega sceptile maybe, exp share? that 5 energy cost is pretty darn bad.
>>
File: Extended Magikarp:Gyarados.jpg (71KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
Extended Magikarp:Gyarados.jpg
71KB, 640x417px
>>29188471

just gotta get lucky and draw those double dragon energys and you're all set lol
>>
Got 3 tradelocked BKT packs today. 2 of them had a M Houndoom EX. I think the game is telling me something.
>>
2nd FA N is mine

Time to cut Ns in my deck down to 2 even if it's not a good decision because I don't want to look poor
>>
>>29186394
It's the problem with the entire game. It's geared entirely for OHKOs, so cards with interesting effects are left in the dust.
>>
>>29190945
That's not really true, though. We just came out of a format where two of the top three decks didn't hit for more than 60. And Night March certainly couldn't OHKO Megas, it won those matchups through speed and the prize trade.
>>
>>29191073
>Lol, it's not geared for OHKOs!
>It's geared for superspeed high damage games were you can't use anything interesting unless it increases damage!
Technically true,though I find it to pretty much be the exact same as OHKOs as far as boring game mechanics go.
>>
>>29191155
I feel like you either don't understand the game well enough to make these assertations, or you're intentionally oversimplifying it.
>>
>>29191173
Intentionally simplifying it. The game focuses on brute force as the core winning strategy, yet insists on printing lots of effects that simply have no place in it's mechanics. Cards with low HP and utility effects that require it attacking or cards that rely on status conditions when most are minor inconveniences or simply no match for dealing more damage.
>>
>>29191223
That's not entirely true, that's more a situation where shit cards are going to be shit no matter what mechanic you print on it.
Status effects have played a relatively big role for a while. You had Ariados topping Worlds, for example. Last format and all of Gen V had Hypnotoxic Laser and Munna as huge staples or techs. Accelgor still continues to top in Expanded and Legacy. Decks like Plasma Giratina/Crobat, EP Lilligant, and Hex Ninetales were big rogues in their time.

>Cards with low HP and utility effects that require it attacking or cards that rely on status conditions when most are minor inconveniences or simply no match for dealing more damage.
This is a more recent trend and I actually talked about it a thread or two ago. We had a lot of cards like that closer to the beginning of Gen V, like Cleffa and Emolga. More recent examples include Sableye, Jirachi, and Bunnelby/Houndoom.

It's more that status effects are more to be supportive as opposed to your main objective, and that it's really hard to create a non-damaging attack that has enough an impact to justify using it instead of attacking for damage. It doesn't help that most supporting roles like drawing and searching are already covered by Trainers and Abilities that don't cost you your attack. And to make a status condition like Paralysis, Sleep, or Confusion as the main focus of a deck leads to unhealthy gameplay, such as having games decided by a coinflip, preventing your opponent from playing altogether, or simply stalling your opponent out and turning the match into a mill race.

Don't get me wrong, diversity is great. But can you come up with a concept that fits what you want and ends up being competitively viable without degenerating the meta?
>>
>>29191426
>But can you come up with a concept that fits what you want and ends up being competitively viable without degenerating the meta?
Only by rebooting the card game again.
>>
>>29191741
Sure, but is there an example? What sort of effect are you thinking of?
>>
>>29191426
A bracket with a different ruleset entirely. Like no EX, or limited EX, or no rares. Maybe certain cards are tiered, and the new bracket has restrictions in place for higher tiered cards. Just something that simple being on the side could be a lot more fun. The reality is that there will be cards there that are still better than the rest, and will be used regularly, because that's just how it seems to work with TCGs.
>>
How long is it usually until the Top 8 decklists go up on the website?
I used to play Yugioh and Youtubers had the lists up usually the day of or after, but I don't know how it is for Pokemon.
>>
>>29184039
>>29184136
>>29184157
>>29184297

>M Mewtwo-EX has 220HP.

Why is everyone agreeing with this? Psychic Infinity M Mewtwo has 210HP and Gyarados can OHKO it.

Idk why Meowstic is in there, I'm just confused as to why everyone thinks Gyara can't OHKO Mewtwo. I was second-guessing myself and actually had to check.
>>
>>29187714
do we have a Skype or Discord?
>>
>>29192480
Everyone wants to join one, but no one wants to make one
>>
>>29192591
I certainly don't want to join one.
Those things kill generals
>>
>>29189734
>tfw poor* in-game and only have one FA Professor Sycamore
>VS Seeker for full-art rather than endure the shame of playing the regular Sycamore in my hand.

*I have lots of packs, but I know that if I buy valuable cards, I'll probably just sell them for real money. I also need them for trading.
>>
>>29192480
>>29192591
No, and as I'm aware no one has attempted. Hell, no one really adds anyone from this general.

>>29193363
I can see where this is coming from to be honest due to wanting to avoid circle jerks but it'd also be nice to have more regular friends other than anons.

Plus we could actually do meme deck fights. I like tournaments and ladder as much as the next guy but sometimes I just want to play a shitty deck versus a shitty deck.
>>
How bad are 24 ticket tournaments?
>>
>>29195727
It's a gamble, you could win big if you get to first place but you could easily dead draw in the first round or play against your counter deck and end up with shit.

Time wise, it's more efficient but it's actually safer to just play 3 tournaments of 8 tickets because you also have more chances on prize wheel.

That being said I did two and won a bunch of packs due to two 1st places but I played against a lot of shitters.
>>
>want to build M-Gardevoir IRL because swapping in near-death kills is actually pretty fun
>like I'm playing a more stylish version of Damage Change Mewtwo
>deck relies on shaymin for setup
>only have 1 IRL
welp.
>>
>>29159782
Funny to think that guy arrested with bird shot could be the new pooka because his videos were good and i won a regionals with his mgroundon deck.
>>
So, when should we get the decklists that got top cut on the Orlando Regional?
>>
Does the online client prioritize account locked packs over tradeable packs?

In a situation where I have some account locked and some tradeable of the same boosters.
>>
>>29198282
Yes locked get opened first.
>>
>>29198320
Fair enough.
>>
File: darkrai garb.jpg (116KB, 901x686px) Image search: [Google]
darkrai garb.jpg
116KB, 901x686px
>>29197258
I'm not sure how often Pokemon posts results for tourneys they don't stream. You'll have to wait for people to post their own decks. I think this list took 3 of the top 8 slots.
>>
>>29189056
So a kik group (for those who want to join, not mandatory) constitutes redirecting to a "side community hub", but >>29192480 is a great idea?

Honestly we can't call ourselves a community. >>29195366 has ideas that I'd love to see come to fruition, but when someone pushes for it, they whole autistic circlejerk of "muh high school phone app" or "muh dead generals" comes into play.

Honestly, you need to lurk more if you think ANYTHING designed to bring the community closer is gonna be harmful to the thread.
>>
>>29199286
Stop trying retard
>>
Every single of of you faggots forget the entire point of this website is anonymity. Go die of space AIDS!
>>
>>29199346
Great contribution anon
>>29199376
Nobody is forcing you to remove your anonymity.
>>
>>29199286
When did I endorse a skype or discord? Do you not understand anonymous imageboards? Fuck off already.
>>
>>29199410
I wasn't talking directly to you. I'm not going to fuck off, actually. I wasn't the one getting triggered by the thought of a real community. Anyway, have a (You).
>>
File: image.png (962KB, 568x795px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
962KB, 568x795px
So is this the best card from Double Crisis?
>>
>>29199508
Both stadiums are a lot better than that card.
>>
>>29199458
>thought of a real community.
go to reddit
>>
>>29199458
"""""real community"""""
>>
>>29199596
>>29199604
>samefag
>le reddit comeback
>>
>>29199508
I'm gonna build a shitty fun deck with it
>>
>>29199691
>he's still going
>>
>>29199744
I'm not actually, I tried to start another discussion, but you still want your (You)s apparently
>>
>>29199825
Only faggots call replies "(you)s" and think they're worth something
you're a massive faggot
no one likes your shitty idea
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 600x800px
Did we conclude fake on this?
>>
>>29199855
Please stop baiting and go on topic, leddit man
>>
>>29184071
>>29184146
Thx guys, I got good in this shit really fast, already making good profit, its pretty easy and fun, it is time consuming though.

I've been doing small trades like items/stadiums/supporters for packs/chests and I guess later I can try to do same shit with bigger stuff and make even more profit at once, pretty cool.
>>
>>29200072
It's really difficult for me, and I'm scared to fail, but damn I gotta keep trying if you guys are finding success.
>>
>>29199861

Yes. There's just too many things wrong for it to be real.
>>
>>29199508
Such a shame, because the cards art in the miniset were incredible.
>>
>>29200539

Keep trying anon. I have a massively different trading strategy to most of the people here that I figured out myself, just by testing the waters on cards.

Come up with something you think might work and then try it out. Worst case scenario you make the reverse trade and break even. Then all you've lost is a bit of time.
>>
>>29183899
yes it doesnt work anymore winnk haha :^)
>>
>>29199861
Yeah not blurry enough
>>
Hold up, is the Gyarados meme deck gaining traction?

Because I've been sitting on a bunch of them since AOR came out.
>>
>>29201193
I played the deck for shits and giggles back when AoR came out. Was quite fun. Really surprised to see it getting popular, though.
>>
coolstuffinc has ray vs keldeo decks on sale
>>
>>29188573
>I'd say Magnezone, but running two Stage 2 'mons in a deck is usually a bad idea.
Yeah, but mostly if you need both to start doing damage. As in Nidoking / Nidoqueen because you'll need to get the tools for both lines in the same time.

I run Gallade / Garchomp; I know that without Korrina and Focus Sash is not even a rogue deck, but I like it. And it's tolerable to go since those two aren't dependent yet they can compliment well regardless; Garchomp can recycle the DCE for Gallade for starters, so you can focus on just one line depending on the match up.

But needing both lines to start to do something is the problem. Sorry for those who liked Nidoqueen.
>>
File: 1910.png (257KB, 924x315px) Image search: [Google]
1910.png
257KB, 924x315px
lend me your energy tcg bros, first time im going for the final reward
>>
>>29202000
>not being done 4-7 days beforehand
Step it up senpai.

I personally am agonizing I have 22 tickets right now and only have 3 prize spots left in the wheel.

I have landed multiple times on place I won today too. Fuck, I just want to gamble my tickets awayyyyy.
>>
>>29202127
>3 prize spots left in the wheel.
That's the point where I quit, usually.
>>
>>29202168
Me too, but I wanted to gamble my tickets.

But it's too late anyways I guess.
Didn't get lucky with ticket prize wheels this weekend so I only got to play two tournaments which I won so I guess that's okay.
>>
Do Typhlosion players just not keep track of their deck size?

Just won a match that I easily could have lost because he played Sycamore to drop his deck to 4, then attacked. I just passed my turn and won.
>>
>>29202726
Did you tell him he has a nice deck?
>>
>>29202789
You have to tell them repeatedly.
>>
>>29187552
>dbz
>>
>>29202726
Typhlosion players are the current trend deck, somebody must have made a video on it because the typhlosion card prices exploded from 1-2 packs to like 4-8 packs in a few days.

>>29202815
>tfw can't complain over your dead draws anymore or give people the ;) when they start bitching

Sad days.
>>
>>29202789

I actually did. Usually I don't bother with passive-aggressive chat, but I had to do it.
>>
>>29202884
I tend to spam "Hello" at people who sit there for 20 minutes anguishing over their starting card.
>>
>>29202896
Good man.
>>
i almost feel bad for my opponent, i just top decked out of his N to 2 the exact cards i needed to win (energy and lysandre/vs seeker)

we take those tho.
>>
>>29199508
Does the wording "to your Pokemon" mean any of your Pokemon or just your active Aggron?
>>
>>29203835

Any of your Pokemon, if the discarding only applies to your active Aggron it would have said "Discard as many Fighting Energy attached to THIS Pokemon as you like" instead
>>
Who are your favorite TCG YouTubers?
For pack opening I like to watch Derium's Pokemon and for discussion I like PTCGradio
>>
>>29203812
I search for cards I don't need to trick my opponent into using N to get rid of the searched card. It's like getting a free N when your deck is being a bitch.
>>
>>29204003
>pack openings
I refuse to believe any non-retard watches these
>>
>>29203918
Alright thanks, that makes it a lot more interesting
>>
>>29204003
yellowswellow's my main man
i also watch a bit of rare candy, omnipoke and lately tablemon
also tune in to tcgradio here and there
>>
>>29204003

>PTCGradio

Good choice. Only channel I really watch.

>Derium

I'm not a huge fan of pack openings, but I guess he's the best if you do want to watch them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161017-224517.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161017-224517.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>29204003
I started watching Savescreen's openings of the Mythical boxes and I really like they dont have fake over reactions, just comfy music and a list of what they pull next to it
https://youtu.be/pjmtmvtm0IA
>>
>>29204003
I've been enjoying Chaos Gym lately.
>>
>>29202789
>playing scizor against volcanion
>guy spams "you have a nice deck" every turn
>>
Is thee anything good in Evolutions or is it just nostalgia-bait?
>>
File: image.png (168KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168KB, 245x342px
What art is more aesthetically pleasing, this...
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 245x342px
>>29205139
...or this?
>>
>>29204777

Dragonite EX
Starmie
Mewtwo
Raticate
Electrode
Deevolution Spray
Revive
Energy Retrieval
Switch
DCE
Base Set Energy
>>
>>29202000
You can do it!!!!!
>>
>>29205139
I'm always a fan of the full picture cards, I think they look way cooler
>>
>>29205139
>1
Drawn by my 7 year old daughter

>2
Drawn by my 12 year old daughter

It's both bland and boring
>>
>>29205139
this, but only by the wink
>>
>don't play online for a few months
>fresh install on a windows laptop for school
>all previous packs are gone
>cards traded for are gone

What the fuck? I don't have any of those old code cards, what the hell can I do?
>>
>>29205238
Off yourself
>>
>>29205558
>getting hacked
>>
File: 1090317[1].jpg (260KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
1090317[1].jpg
260KB, 323x450px
>>29205139
The FA is definitely cuter, but the style isn't really as good and it's definitely too busy. So much so that it distracts from the text.
It's nowhere near as good as FA Flareon.
>>
>>29205611
Not that anon, but could never get hacked, because nobody knows my password, not even me. Thank god for the password save box i clicked right after i signed up!
>>
>>29205636
I'm the guy who asked, I personally like the RA of Flareon and Sylveon better than their FAs, but just because I have color scheme autism.>>29205657
>>
>>29205716
oops didnt mean to reply to that
>>
I hate playing theme versus now
every single game is against the new electric deck
>>
>>29204003
shinning karp karp
>>
>>29205756
>the new electric deck

am I missing something here

let me guess, it abuses Jolteon ex
>>
>>29205756
Is it actually good?
It feels really janky
>>
>>29205139
I'm definitely preferring this one.
>>
>>29205786
He's talking theme.

Also it's the same shit as always playing versus basic blue.
>>
>>29205756

I hate it too. Used to play a lot of theme, but now I just play standard with my Raticate BREAK deck.

>>29205786

No, he means the new electric theme deck. It's terrifyingly strong with CC Raichu and Sky Field.

Electric theme used to be the worst, now it's the best.
>>
>>29205786
talking about the basic theme decks here
it kinda gets repetitive
>>
>>29205807

Zapdos, Raichu, and Electrode are insane. Kangashkan and Fearow are serviceable. Overall it's the strongest theme deck, imo.
>>
>>29205857
I beat it the other day just with stalling paralyzing a zapdos with lucky helmet, he ran out of cards
>>
File: hanging2.jpg (384KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hanging2.jpg
384KB, 1200x1200px
I'M FUCKING DOING IT, I'M GOING TO BUY ALL THE REST OF THE PHYSICAL CARDS I NEED FOR MY SCIZOR EX DECK.

AND NONE OF YOU CAN STOP ME.
I'M ALREADY SPENDING LIKE 50 BUX ON MANGOS, MIGHT AS WELL SPEND ANOTHER HUNDRED ON PTCG!
>>
>>29205611
stupendous

>this kills the motivation to play
>>
>>29205807
TURN 2, ONE ATTACHMENT 100 DAMAGE RAICHU NEAR EVERY GAME
>>
>>29205657
>Not that anon, but could never get hacked
The login name is the same as the display name. All it takes is someone with a macro.
>>
>>29206107
I run it and get top 4 with it constantly. However, people are realising this and started running fire decks so people started running greninja.
>>
>>29205178
>Raticate
I heard about Rattata but what about Raticate?

>Electrode
That really caught my attention, extra Double Lighting Energy if you KO yourself, pair that with Ace trainer and man I say its pretty interesting.
>>
File: drifblim.png (162KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
drifblim.png
162KB, 245x342px
>>29206340

It has a similar attack as this guy, who was a decent tech a couple years ago. With the right meta it could be used as such again. It's first attack isn't awful either.
>>
I have 34-39 yet to be redeemed codes for various boosters, I've never used codes.. don't know if I'm committed enough online for it to be worth it for me

there's barely any shops here that actually sell shit, and I don't really want to buy a deck

10 generations, 12 AO, few bp

what happens to xy cards when sm cards come out
>>
>>29206471
Nothing.
There will be a rotation of the oldest sets around this time next year though. But you can still use them in expanded.
>>
File: Glalie-EX full art.jpg (71KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
Glalie-EX full art.jpg
71KB, 400x557px
>>29206461

Will Drifblim ever be useful in future? It's my favourite Pokemon and I'd love to be able to use it in the TCG.

If not, I guess I can be content that my 2nd favourite Pokemon (pic related) is somewhat decent now.
>>
>>29204777

Kick and run growlithe is a fun meme decki would like to try
>>
File: XY10_EN_67.png (162KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY10_EN_67.png
162KB, 245x342px
>This piece of shit is rare
Why is this allowed? One thing is to print barely useful cards as rares, another is to print a complete waste of cardboard as rare.
>>
>>29206864
>Win first versus match of the day.
>Proceed to hit the exact same spot on the bonus wheel the next three wins.

T-thanks...
>>
>>29206943

>He hasn't heard of how butthurt people were when they pulled Misty's Goldeen in Gym Heroes

laughingoldpeople.gif

Trash rares is pretty much a staple in TCGs and is something you learn to deal with
>>
>>29206943
If the first attack was an ability, Glalie would be good
>>
File: XY10_EN_4.png (134KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY10_EN_4.png
134KB, 245x342px
>>29207097
nah, there's a difference between printing this and prinring that. One of them has a gimmick you could potentially find a use for, the other is just garbage. With how much padding pokemon sets have, to the point were pretty much every common and uncommon card in a set is already worthless, it seems kind of a dick move to print even more garbage as rares too.
>>
>>29206267
I did it, I ended up spending like 160 bucks or some shit altogether on mangos and children's card games along with a deck binder, card protectors, etc.

Time to now go to the next card event at my comic shop and shill people to see if anyone is quitting soon and selling Shaymin for reduced cost. Won't be able to participate at this next event anyway.
>>
>just lost twice in a row to RR then won against Volcanion as Scizor
wew
>>
File: gr.png (687KB, 418x581px) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
687KB, 418x581px
>>29206943
talking about rares.. what's the deal with this guy? the exact same card is rare in generations

same with hitmonchan

>>29207097
I remember when the rare in a booster was regularly a trainer.. so fun for kids under 10 who just like the look of the cards
>>
>>29206461
Oh right now I remember, what was hes other attack?
>>
>>29207328

I think TPCi's mindset was pretty much "We need to find things thare are Gen 1 Pokemon to pad out Generations, lets just throw darts to see what we will put in"
>>
>>29206943
that is an op card.with muscle band, 4 heads, and hitting for weakness you can deal 200 damage. that is enough to ko a regular unboosted ex. now do you see the untapped power within?
>>
File: 1476744870950.jpg (268KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476744870950.jpg
268KB, 1200x1200px
You guys are the specialist on this department. Is it real? Pic related
>>
>>29207753
HAPPENING
>>
>>29207753
the picture on the bottom left looks like a yu gi oh card
>>
>>29207352
>>
>>29207753
Is real. New pokemon confirmed. Probably the medusa

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ポケモンカードゲーム-ムーン-拡張パック-コレクションサン-BOX/dp/B01LAPDX3O/
>>
>>29207753
Yes.
>>
File: gr.png (161KB, 187x347px) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
161KB, 187x347px
>>
File: 1088309.jpg (295KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
1088309.jpg
295KB, 325x450px
Pretty new to the game. I got this as my free EX pokemon starting out. Is it any good?
>>
>opponent takes a minute to use each card
>takes another minute to search

Kill me.
>>
>>29208532
>Searches for shaymin
>Draws card that allows him to search for other stuff
>Keeps fapping trainers, shaymins and hoopas for an eternity
>eventually loses the game anyway, but not before wasting 15 minutes from his clock
>>
File: dissapointed Shun.png (364KB, 641x720px) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed Shun.png
364KB, 641x720px
>>29208643
>this
I mean I get that some decks have a huge setup but c'mon, if you're going to play an ex deck at least be efficient about it.
>>
File: 30+.png (2MB, 1577x863px) Image search: [Google]
30+.png
2MB, 1577x863px
>>29208643

>only 15 minutes
>>
>4 DDE prized
>next game 4 Max Elixirs miss because all my energy was prized or at the bottom of my deck

Why the fuck does this kind of shit happen every game? Is there some kind of blacklist or some shit?
>>
>>29209593
>running max elixir in the same deck as 4 DCE
>>
>>29209593

How many basic energies do you run?
>>
Guys, in your opinion which is the BDIF?
I'm considering M Scizor/Garbodor but I'm not sure about it.
>>
File: zach.png (28KB, 1255x1507px) Image search: [Google]
zach.png
28KB, 1255x1507px
>>29209729
>M Scizor/Garbodor
>>
>>29209729

>M Scizor

Don't say that - you'll enrage the 0/1 tournaments anon.
>>
>>29209699
10 and 4 DDE

I regularly N into 6 dark.
>>
Why can't I Teammates after my Pokemon was KO'd by poison?
>>
>>29210262

because poison isn't an opponents attack
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>29210262
>Pull one of every Kanto mega in my Pikachu box

Freaky.
>>
File: MagearnaCollectionDeluxeBox.png (457KB, 1042x400px) Image search: [Google]
MagearnaCollectionDeluxeBox.png
457KB, 1042x400px
Lmfao @Magearna:

Magearna – Metal – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[C] Entertain: Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

>[M] Prism Wave: 20x damage. Does 20 damage times the number of different types of Pokemon on your opponent’s Bench.

That Rainbow Road counter though, I know there is Scizor but still, this is much faster and I guess it could go in some kind of tool box deck or something.
>>
File: VolcanionCollectionDeluxeBox.png (546KB, 1042x400px) Image search: [Google]
VolcanionCollectionDeluxeBox.png
546KB, 1042x400px
>>29210562
And Volcanion, I don't know what these guys do though.
>>
>>29210562
>>29210605

>Sugimori stock art for most other Pokemons

NOPE.jpg
>>
>>29210462
Yeah people have said that Generation packs give good amount of EX's, you can celebrate that by sharing few codes here :-^)
>>
>>29209729
for the first time in a long time, the meta is so balanced there is no single BDIF. Everything that ought be tiered has some glaring auto-loss or extremely difficult match-up.
>>
>>29210605
>not reprinting Power Heater Volcanion with that art

fuck TPCi
>>
>>29210562

Wow, they aren't even slightly subtle about it. That said, I think most people will be able to handle RR without having to resort to Magearna.
>>
>>29207879
>>
>>29210695
Thanks, but which deck do you think is good enough to win some tournaments?
In my area the meta is Magnezone/Raikou, M Gyarados, M Gardevoir and Volcanion.
>>
rate my memedeck
>>
File: memery.png (434KB, 960x459px) Image search: [Google]
memery.png
434KB, 960x459px
>>29212426
kill me
>>
>>29212475

looks poorly thought out
>>
>>29212475
Shit sucks.
>>
>>29210980
If there's no Garbodor around, then Frogs is a great call and best deck. Unfortunately there are a lot of Garb around, even if you've not seen it. Which shits all over Greninja. I would play frogs against that meta. If you expect Garb to start appearing then maybe Rainbow Road. Darkbox is my current favourite.

Here's results from Orlando if you'd not seen
http://thecharizardlounge.com/tournament-results/2016-2017-regional-championship-results/#prc-sts
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.