[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon TCG/O General: Eeeeeeek Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 42

File: Eeeeeeek.png (310KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
Eeeeeeek.png
310KB, 700x990px
Old:
>>28842733

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: Eeeeeeek!
>>
>>28878895
how the fuck do you knock this card out?
>>
>>28878949
Think about how Sleep works in the card game.
Think about what attacks can do, other than damage.
>>
>>28878949
Laserbank
>>
>>28878949
Mega Ampharos
>>
>>28879047
so pretty much pray to RNG that it'll wake on my turn?
>>
>>28879162
Just put 3 damage counters on it, it's not hard.
>>
Reposting this from last thread to keep ruining jewing schemes:

Card, buy for > sell for.

Ariados, 16 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Spinarak, 16 for 1 SS > 2 Spinarak and 2 Ariados for 1 SS
Unown (AO), 16 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Pumpkaboo (PHF), 16 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Joltik (PHF), 16 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Vespiquen, 12 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Regice, 4 for 1 SS > 1 for 1 SS

Sycamore (BKP), 16 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
N (FC), 12 for 1 SS > 4 for 1 SS
Dimensional Valley, 4 for 1 SS > 1 for 1 SS
Shrine of Memories, 4 for 1 SS > 1 for 1 SS
Parallel City, 4 for 1 SS > 1 for 1 SS
Sky Field, 8 for 1 SS > 2 for 1 SS
Forest of Giant Plants, 8 for 1 SS > 2 for 1 SS
Rough Seas, 8 for 1 SS > 2 for 1 SS
>>
>>28879181
Ah I see. I'm relatively new to this TCG so I didn't know there was effect based damage application.
>>
>>28879199
Not even just that, a lot of attacks actually add damage counters instead of dealing damage.
>>
Best place to buy pack/tin/bundle codes? Which are the best to invest in? I got $100 to play around with.
>>
Best place to buy pack/tin/bundle codes? Which are the best to invest in? I got $100 to play around with.
>>
>>28879186
I need to improve my trading. I need packs for a second shaymeme
>>
>>28879368
Thats only the tip of the iceberg of trading.

There are at least 50 more popular cards right now that you can jew scheme like that.

From that list, the ones that gave me the most packs are:
2 Ariados + 2 Spinarak
4 Pumpkaboo
4 Joltik
4 Vespiquen
1 Regice
1 Dimensional Valley
1 Shrine of Memories

I could get at least 3 to 5 trades of each of these per day.
When Scizor got popular Parallel City also sold fast, now not so much.
>>
When are az regionals streaming today and where are they streaming it
>>
>>28879339
Honestly? Ebay is probably your best bet since people don't really have a sense of pricing for their codes. Just be sure to snipe their offers before someone else
>>
>>28879186
I'm not sure I understand this post anon.
>>
>>28879500
What's not to understand?
>>
>>28879442
I'll give it a try, thanks. Got a bunch of coins so even if only a few of them go through I don't really mind.
>>
>>28879520
let him be

if he is dumb enough not to understand simlpe guidelines for profit he doesnt deseve dem free packs
>>
File: 1459449175058.png (144KB, 311x309px) Image search: [Google]
1459449175058.png
144KB, 311x309px
>>28879500
Buy low, sell high.
>>
>>28879500
SS is presumably Steam Siege, so for instance, he's buying 16 Ariados for 1 Steam Siege (so he gives you one Steam Siege Pack, you give him 16 Ariados), or he will sell 4 Ariados for 1 Steam Siege.

Just working this out from the post, could be wrong about any of that.
>>
>>28879339
In theory big card sites like Magic Madhouse and Chaos cards (not sure if US has different ones) are the best for both codes and real cards if you just want a quick deal, but you do get a lot of suckers on eBay
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91KB, 443x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91KB, 443x800px
An eBay seller just sent me a FA Lysandre in place of the reverse holo I ordered, and sent me a sob story about how he sent it to a the wrong buyer and the other buyer is filing a complaint against him

Am I actually obliged in any way to send it back? So far I've just ignored his messages because I'm a massive softy who will probably give in the moment I start talking to him
>>
>>28879783
No, you aren't. In fact, you could technically file a complaint as well because you didn't receive the product you paid for.
>>
>>28879783
Is he at least offering to pay for your shipping? Is he a big seller or some little nobody just trying to make a buck off his cards? Damn, I'm a softy too, I'd probably send it back if it's just a small seller. Even a big one, desu.
>>
>>28879783
You aren't and probably shouldn't, it's his mistake, and the product is cheap enough that no one will care about it too much.
You may feel like shit for not returning it though, especially if you don't plan to sell the card.
>>
>>28879520
I don't understand what his format means.
>>
>>28879783
What if you have to buy from him again?
>>
>>28879920
Would you really buy from a seller that you know was careless enough to send somebody the wrong card?
>>
>>28879930
I once bought the xy pre release gyarados from a seller that sent me the wrong one (tin one). He apologized and just sent me the correct one and said I could keep the tin one as well.

I guess it happens. I keep buying stuff from him from time to time and he never messed up again.
>>
Hi anons, I just recently purchased the Area box containing a keldeo deck and rayqaza deck. I have a bit of a concern regarding eeletrik who's pokeability is "Once per turn, you may attach an electric energy from your discard pile to a benched pokemon". If I have 2 or more eelektriks on my bench, can I use that to multi-attack energies to a benched pokemon or is the OPT clause also applied to my copies? yes this is my first time actually playing the game
>>
>>28879930
Not him, but I would.
As heartless as it sounds I can get a better card than what I asked and keep it because it's his fault.
If I get a worse card I can file a complaint and he will have to either return the money or give me the correct card.

eBay favors the buyer to the point of stupidity.
>>
File: 24.jpg (49KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
49KB, 354x500px
how power creeped is the pokemon TCG nowdays? pic related is the last strong pokemon card i had, lost it years ago
>>
>>28879962
>>28879962
multi-attach* fuck my spelling is awful today
>>
>>28879970
Most Stage-2 pokemon now a days can hit in the upwards of 100 damage or higher. If you're looking into another earth based powerhouse deck you might wanna look into Donphan deck.
>>
>>28879970
There's very little with energy cost that high.

If that card were re-released today, it would probably have 150HP and the attack would cost one energy less, or be about 60 damage + 50 more on heads

That ability is still pretty good to be fair.
>>
>play a fire deck
>eight decks from ten games are Greninja
>switch to Garbodor deck
>no opponent has any abilities apart from Shaymin/hoopa

Every fucking time.
>>
Would I even be able to sell my FRLG Ex Gengar?

It's French.
>>
>>28879962
Anyone?
>>
>>28879962
I'm fairly certain the ability stacks. If you have 2, you can use it twice. I know this is the case for abilities that reduce energy requirements for attacks, so I can't imagine it's any different in this case.
>>
>>28879962
The ability is counted separately from the "one per turn" limit of attaching energy from your hand.

If you ave 2 Eelektriks you can attach two energy from your discard pile as well as one from your hand.
>>
>>28879783
You aren't obliged to, but you should probably just not be a dick. Request the seller pays for shipping to get it sent back, and ask for the version you wanted to be discounted due to inconvenience. That way they pay for their mistake, and you benefit from it too.
>>
Should you modify your trades if they aren't done by 10 minutes?
>>
File: haxorus-breakthrough-bkt-111.jpg (842KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
haxorus-breakthrough-bkt-111.jpg
842KB, 700x990px
>>28879970
>how power creeped is the pokemon TCG nowdays?
Numbers have gotten much higher. Damage is almost doubled what we saw around Gen 3, and HP has increased by +20~60 across the board on average. Compare your Nidoking to this Haxorus, for example.

But everything else has either stayed the same or regressed. Effects that have nothing to do with damage or HP have gotten much weaker overall.
For example, we've moved far away from consistency and toolboxing cards/supporters and switched to mass drawing, which has sped the game up a lot. A lot of older effects either go unchanged or gain new limitations when reprinted. Energies still get attached at the same speed. It's really hard to explain without giving a lot of specific then and now examples.

One huge complaint that a lot of older players have is that the game really dumbed itself down around the time HGSS came out. Cards had much less text on them, if any at all. Cards rarely have more than two total attacks/abilities, with a lot having only one, like ALL Megas or Breaks. New mechanics get watered down hard when reintroduced (ex/SP vs EX, Lv X vs Break, etc). A lot of the card effects are a lot more straightforward with very little creativity, or are extremely basic to the point of eliminating niche viability. Cards have arbitrary limitations to keep them from synergizing with other cards, even though they still wouldn't be good without those limitations. The list goes on.

But it's still worth playing and it's still mostly the same game, if that's the point of your post.
>>
>>28878895
Soo... I havent played for almost a month.
What the fuck happened to the Standerd meta? All of my previose decks have illigal cards now.
Are night march cards finnaly banned?
>>
>>28880536
No

Im the dude that posted this list >>28879186

Those trades usually go through even when they are about to expire.

Unless you post some retarded shit you should leave them.
>>
>>28880830
Rotation happened. Night March is out.
>>
File: tcg.jpg (759KB, 591x2750px) Image search: [Google]
tcg.jpg
759KB, 591x2750px
>>28880606
>It's really hard to explain without giving a lot of specific then and now examples.
There's an image normally posted on /v/.
>>
/mrren123 has arizona regionals day 2

currently primal groudon vs nm
>>
>>28879783
Based on the photo he took, I'm assuming he's a small seller.

You should definitely send it back, just ask for a refund of your card since it was only a couple of bucks, to pay for the shipping.
>>
fuck this wheel
>>
>>28879783
fuck him keep the card, it's just 25$
>>
This arizona stream is a joke these players and judges and commentators are stupid.
There's a stern rulebook for a reason and none of them are adhering to it.
>>
>>28879822
>>28879900
>>28881824
Found the niggers
>>
>>28881869
>getting booty blasted over 25$
You're probably 12
>>
>>28881855
what happened i just started watching?
>>
>>28881919
shitty nightmarch player escape rope'd a primal groudon and shitty primal groudon player let him
>>
How balanced are the recent theme decks against each other? I don't actually want to go all in and be competitive, just buy something prebuilt to play against my buddy and maybe tweak them a little bit, and if none of these decks actually crush the opposition they seem like a good buy.
>>
>>28881946
MMewtwo is easily the best deck
>>
>>28879186
>>28879442
This guy is a scammer. The cards he listed are worth way less than he says. He wants you to offer a pack for that ammount of cards so he can profit.
>>
>>28881946
I recently played those theme decks against my mother and we seemed to be pretty evenly matched with only my game knowledge giving me a distinct advantage
>>
That nightmarch player is king of slow play for draws
what a scumbag
>>
>>28881993
Only scumbags play NM
>>
>>28881972
So, 32 joltiks for 1 pack? Got it.
>>
If /vp/ gets deleted (hopefully), we'll move these threads to /tg/, right?
>>
>>28882085
where else would they go?
>>
>>28882049
Stop putting words in my mouth. I just mean he's strategically bending values.
>>
>>28882085
I don't want all the shitters from mtg to derail these threads
>>
>>28882094
That's how people make a profit though. His margins might be a bit steep, but he's putting the effort in to get better cards.
>>
>>28882116
He's making a profit from anyone who tries his "method" because it only benefits him. The first step works, he profits from shilling worthless cards. The second step fails and you're stuck with worthless cards.
>>
>>28879783
You'll feel better about yourself for doing the right thing.

It's easy to be the bad guy, but you have to live with yourself.
After all, it's just a $20 card, it's not like you struck gold.
>>
>>28882224
Most offers left over for dimensional valley are 3 dimension valleys for 1 booster. Which implies nobody is handing over 4 for one booster, which implies that selling 2 for 1 is the acceptable price.

Which implies you're either: Lying, or it's the buy price that is better.
>>
>>28882382
Spotted the samefag as the scammer making unfounded claims
>>
>>28881972
How am I a scammer?

I know Jolticks are not worth 4 for 1 pack, but people are willing to pay that for them.

I just buy 16 Jolticks for 1 Steam Siege pack and sell them at 4 for 1 pack each in public trades turning my 1 pack investment into 4 packs.

It works like a charm.
>>
>>28882523
don't bother with retards
>>
File: EXAMPLES.png (262KB, 865x927px) Image search: [Google]
EXAMPLES.png
262KB, 865x927px
>>28882224
>The second step fails and you're stuck with worthless cards.

>implying

pic related are just a FEW of the trades I made the last couple of days.

Ive been doing this for weeks and have everything I need, thus why I make my scheme public.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (623KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
623KB, 1920x1018px
>>28882470
Not really, I even pulled the plug on my buy offers when I saw your post, however... The shrines of memories are selling fine for now.

And here are the trade listings, nobody is handing over their dimension valleys for random crap, nor 3 for a pack. They really are worth 2 for a pack, and since the scheme is a ripoff scheme 1 for 1 probably worked when they were in higher demand before.

The only thing that may be better or worse is the buy price, since i can't check the price they have been selling for.
>>
How much would the game change if there was a Doubles format, where 2 to (maybe, after rule rebalancing concerning bench and attacking sequence) 4 players could play. Rotations are the same as regular, just two active mons at once.
>>
>>28881025
Muk would legitimately be a top tier pokemon and be in basically every deck if it released right now.

Fucking it has the ability to remove all abilities as long as it exists. Give it like 20 or so more HP and you could introduce it as is.
>>
>>28882653
YOU DONT SEACH THE PUBLIC TRADES YOU FUCKING MORON

YOU POST YOUR OWN FUCKING TRADES
>>
>>28882674
My trades are right there, as well. Did you not see them? Are you pretending to be retarded?

And the public trades are the only way to know how much something is worth, by knowing how much it is not. As the cheapest leftover trade will be at the highest price for the card that people will not go for.
>>
File: FUG.png (72KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
FUG.png
72KB, 570x570px
>>28880606
>Each of its attacks does 100 more damage

Is that permanent? Damn, that's good.
>>
>>28882785
Until benched
>>
File: EXAMPLE2.png (99KB, 865x368px) Image search: [Google]
EXAMPLE2.png
99KB, 865x368px
>>28882744
I see you sell 2 Shrine of Memories for 1 pack while I show here :
>>28882649
How I sold multiple Shrine of Memories for 1 pack each.

You are jsut fuckin bad at business.

Ive been doing this for weeks now, you are a moron if you think it doesnt work.
>>
File: trevenant.png (630KB, 799x2794px) Image search: [Google]
trevenant.png
630KB, 799x2794px
I love this deck
>>
Newbie here. How much is a greninja break worth?
>>
>>28882858
6-7 packs

It wont go lower, but if we get a tool removal trainer then it will go up to 10-12.
>>
>>28882819
What? I'm saying it does work and showing "he's scaming you all!" faggot that the cards do move and that the market price is pretty much the one you said. At least for now.

I sold them for a better rate because they already expired once and I'm an impatient shit. Not because it doesn't work.
>>
>>28882895
Are you retarded?

Im not trying to sell them the cards, Im just showing them how to profit on their own since I dont need any more packs.

How am I scamming the people here?
>>
>>28882920
I want you to take a breather and reread the post you just replied to. Hell, follow it back.

I'm agreeing with you, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>28882887
isn't grenigger really bad right now with every other deck running a garbodor and no way to remove tools? why is it still so expensive?
>>
>>28883075
you can still sometimes outpace the garb
>>
>>28883075
Because even then its still really good.
Without Garbodor it would be the best.
>>
>>28882887
Holy shit thanks dude
>>
>>28883075
garb has not been as impactful as people expected it to be. With less Greninja around, Garb seems to be dying off a bit, so Greninja will get bigger. And in turn that'll cause Garb decks to return and Greninja will be a bad play so played less and round and round we go.
>>
>>28884010
>implying

Garbodor not only completely shuts down Greninja, it also renders Volcanion and Yanmega BREAK useless.

Garbodor will be used till a consistant way to remove tools appears.
>>
>>28884063
nice theorycrafting. but it doesn't line up with what I've seen today on the client. In about forty games I've faced a good eight to ten Greninja and Garbodor/Darktina or Garb/Mewtwo maybe.. twice? Add to that no Yanmega, and I think one Volcanion.

I expect it'll be different in the RL metagame, but since >>28883075 was asking about online, that's really all that matters.

Doesn't bother me either way, I'm running a Talonflame meme right now so fuck Garb. Maybe that's why I keep hitting water decks.
>>
File: poisondragon.png (734KB, 937x583px) Image search: [Google]
poisondragon.png
734KB, 937x583px
How can I optimize this deck? What changes should I make?

The quantities of the last row you can't read are: 1FFB, 2 Latios SL, 1 LH, 4DDE, 2DCE, and 4Rainbow
>>
>>28884332
The deck idea looks pretty trash but you should be running 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Sycamore and 2-3 N (instead of Birch) especially since you aren't running Shaymin or Hoopa for some reason.
>>
>>28884134
The most popular and consistant decks right now are Mega Scizor and Mega Mewtwo and both use Garbodor.

You dont see many of those in TCGO because they are the most expensive decks in the format bar Mega Rayquaza.

I run both in TCGO and with the Mewtwo and shit on everything except Mega Gardevoir and with Scizor I shit on everything except Volcanion.
>>
>>28882085
Why would /vp/ get deleted?
>>
>>28884638
Hiro can't afford servers
He either deletes boards and limits uploads to save space, goes nuts with ads, or prays everyone magically buys passes.

If he ends up deleting boards, I wouldn't be surprised if it were some of the NSFW ones. There's like a dozen of them and they're just imagedumps. You can probably combine a few of them together.
>>
>>28884672
/vp/ is probably one of the more active 3rd tier boards though, since pogo at least, and will get even more active with s&m
>>
>1/4 of the boosters needed for a shaymeme

Good thing they have those standard tournaments that give a ton of packs. Am I still good with around 40 SS for a shaymeme?
>>
>>28885110
probably 50 desu
>>
why do i keep running into volcanions with my scizor deck
>>
>>28881025
Is this supposed to show a difference?

Because the effects of the attacks are near identical. They have gotten much better with redundancy and tightened up their phrasing to make things more concise. I only see improvements here.
>>
>>28885249

Probably because it's a good deck...
>>
>>28885369
In 20 years:
>Blastoise has marginally better stats and can attach to non-Waters
>Garbodor is a Muk downgrade
>Comp Search has a hard one-per-deck limit, locks you out of other Specs
>Oak is now a Support
>Scoop Up and Hammer require a coinflip, the latter is unchanged other than that
The point is to show that the game isn't very different or has actually gotten tamer when it comes to non-damaging mechanics such as energy acceleration, locks, and the role of Trainers
>>
>>28885249
Because I start playing it after playing it 5 times in a row with Scizor
>>
>>28885502

Well, Super Scoop Up at least picks up all the Pokemon and everything else attached to it when Scoop Up only picked up the Basic Pokemon
>>
>when someone surrenders vs your evolution deck that runs 0 energy
>>
>>
>>28886584
That's pretty cool. I should pick one or two up for casual paper play
>>
Genuine question regarding this type of card art:
Are these actual rendered 3D models? As in, an artist made a model of a pokemon for this? Or is this some kind of Photoshop magic or special drawing technique?
>>
>>28886826
No clue about that specific one, but they've used actual 3D models since the original set. They've also used clay models, puppets/dolls, construction paper collages, and both traditional and digital art. As well as reusing stock Sugimori images, of course.

There's a magazine article floating around somewhere showing it all off.
>>
>>28886878
Gotta look for that one.

Guess this sounds odd but I always wanted to know how they got these 3D pictures to look like they do. It's really hard to describe for me but their look was always appealing to me. It kind of looks like jelly to me
>>
Do you go first or second?
>>
>>28887136
TREVANENT!
>>
>>28887136
More importantly, heads are tails?
>>
>continually lose to night striker due to confusion coin tosses and the absolute worst draws I've ever seen out of XY Blue

Send help
>>
>this greninja mirror match

what an exciting card game
>>
Please show me your M-Steelix decks.
>>
Basic Blue or Basic Green?
Need a break from standard and these dumb theme deck tourneys are tense as fuck
>>
>>28887699
Blue is better but it's boring. Go green.
>>
>>28887763
>blue that actually has active effects that matter is more boring than "So then I strapped a helmet to my Tropius until my Shiftry is ready"
>>
File: laughingsexualassault.jpg (304KB, 1198x899px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsexualassault.jpg
304KB, 1198x899px
>beating Scizor with turbo Gardevoir
>>
So I bought the Rayquaza/Keldeo Battle Arena decks today.

Been playing Keldeo a lot so far, and I gotta admit, I like it. In ten games, I've won seven. It could use a few improvements here and there though (getting rid of the ultra balls for another two dive balls, as a quick example.).

What does everyone else think?
>>
Meh
>>
File: yes.png (328KB, 782x1276px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
328KB, 782x1276px
H-help I reached my final form long ago, but I keep expanding... I went too far, how do I stop now?
>>
>>28889088
open them all
>>
>>28888119
Still way more fun than Get The Gyarados. It also has superior supporter cards.
>>
>>28889127
but then how do I trade for new meta decks??? I just built the Mewtwo deck earlier this week...
>>
What's a good price for TCGO codes? I've heard anywhere from 10 cents to 50 cents a piece, what should I expect to pay if I want codes ASAP?
>>
I've been wanting to build a Latios EX Bonk deck. What cards should I consider? I've been thinking of Giratina EX + Darkrai EX and spamming double dragon energies and blend energies. This is for Expanded.
>>
>>28889306
Depends on the pack. Check the trading companies for relative pack worth (on official forums), and also check the subleddit for current prices to see how consistent those are, then go from there.
>>
>>28888740
Getting rid of the Ultra balls is a mistake. The ability to discard dead cards out of your hand makes your Archie's play more consistent.
>>
it's my 20th anniversary of posting in these threads
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 1240x1551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 1240x1551px
>>28889866
forgot pic
>>
>>28889321
Anyone? Nobody a fan of bonking NM on turn 1 with Latios?
>>
Help
>>
Give me fun meme decks for Legacy that don't cost tons of packs and aren't Liepard.
>>
>>28891516
egg supporter lock
>>
>>28887136
I'm always told that first is better 90% of the time. Another draw, another energy attach, another supporter use and another turn before evolution is better than another chance to attack, especially given how many good Pokémon need two energy to attack anyway.
>>
>>28892067
I think there are very few decks that want to go second.
Maybe something like a fighting deck that has an aggressive one energy attacker that can abuse strong energy, or maybe something like geomancy xerneas
>>
>>28892082

The decks I don't mind going second with right now are decks with Xerneas, Volcanion, and Vespiquen/Yanmega, and Rayquaza. It's all shit that is fairly easy to get a significant T1 attack with.

But that's standard. In expanded you're win rate drops like fucking crazy if you go second thanks to all the T1 item lock cancer.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 512x512px
>>28884063
>he doesn't attach energy to yanmega when trubbish comes out
>>
>Get 12 Grass KOs
Okay, this should be easy enough, I've got a few decent theme decks with Grass in them
>Your opponent conceded the game
>>
>>28892332
Theme decks are notorious for instabricking so you might as well just get used to it.
>>
I'm honestly impressed how much of a difference this Hoopa made to M Scizor's consistency.
>>
Would it be a bad idea to put 4 talonflames in a deck? They become completely dead cards after set up, but getting them on your starting hand pretty much ensures smooth sailing for your deck.
>>
>>28879783
Get in contact with the other costumer, and agree to trade with shipping costs being paid by the original seller.
>>
>>28892877
I don't know if anyone runs four, but 2-3 might not be entirely awful just to up your odds of getting one. The others can get tossed with sycamore/ultra ball
>>
Arizona was a joke.

Event started two hours late.

They charged a 5$ printing fee if you didn't have the online preregistration form printed.

They did not have enough tables for players. When they did get more tabled setup they were all o er the place and not in numerical order.

They never got online pairings working and posted on-site pairings in a single location and expected 500ish players to crowd it to find their table.

The lights went out during round 8 due to it being almost midnight.

There was no lunch break in the name of finishing early. Event ended around 12:30am.
>>
>>28879962
Yes, you can use it twice, once for each Elektrik. Same goes for Octillery in the Keldeo deck. If you have 2 Octillerys on your bench, you can use that ability twice per turn, which is a great way to draw cards.
>>
>>28892938
That sounds fucking horrible, neither seller has any obligation or security
>>
Garbo or Hex? Specifically in a Mootoo deck.
>>
File: 2016-10-03 12.40.08.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-03 12.40.08.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
came in the mail today!

I'll give a STS code to the person who can guess how much I spent on it (include a mail).
>>
>>28894146
I'd like to go with 1 dollar Drew
>>
>>28894146
About three-fitty.
>>
>>28894146
I've never seen them go for under $90, so I'm guessing around ~$80
Just post it in the thread
>>
File: bidding-in-contestants-row.jpg (854KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
bidding-in-contestants-row.jpg
854KB, 2592x1936px
>>28894146
25!
>>
>>28894146
$60
>>
>>28893148

Yecch, I'm starting to hate TPCi more and more as time goes by...

>>28894132

Garbo is the standard.
>>
>tfw getting pretty descent at making profits off of trades

Maybe I'll finally get a shaymeme someday
>>
>>28894154
>>28894170
>>28894200
Still not there! Closest is >>28894172 so far.
>>
>>28894520
$32.75
>>
>>28894520
Must be $40. Give thread
>>
>daily challenge
>KO 12 pokemon with your dark pokemon

Gawd damnit, I have no friggin dark decks at fucking all. And I'm not willing to shill for Darkrai either.

Any cheap viable dark decks? Thinking Zoroark. Maybe I'll shill for a theme deck...
>>
I have 2400 coins, will 12 packs be enough to get me a budget deck? My last budget deck (which were pretty much my only non-free cards) got rotated out and the cards are worthless.
>>
>>28880830
How do you know about formats but not about rotations? That is some SELECTIVE ignorance.
>>
>>28895230
How do you think packs work? Do you think you'll magically pull exactly what you need?
>>
>>28895283
I meant for trading
I traded a Darkrai EX for my last deck, never touched trading since
>>
>>28895303
You only get tradable packs from redeeming codes or entering ticket tournaments.
All other packs are locked.
>>
>>28894738

dark is literally a top type in all formats with a number of attackers in each

just make a deck
>>
>>28895315
Well shit
Does that mean tokens are only good for buying tournament tickets
>>
>>28895453
For the most part
You should also buy promo bundles (only obtainable via tokens while they're in the shop)
Or hop on the Shaymin lottery
>>
>>28895315
The best use for tokens is to set up trades or play token tournaments to get tickets.
>>
>>28889866
Please look up the definition of the word "anniversary", you mongoloid. /vp/ was created ~2010.
>>
>>28896747
I'm not retarded believe it or not, I thought it was humorous that I've saved the last 20 threads. It is to me at least.
>>
File: decks.jpg (93KB, 847x523px) Image search: [Google]
decks.jpg
93KB, 847x523px
Anybody wants to trade for these?
>>
>>28896854

Yeah, maybe I might, what's in them/how much did you want anon?
>>
>>28896854
I don't think you can trade unopened decks, even if it says you can
>>
>>28896809
"Anniversary" means something completely different, bud. Pay attention in class.
>>
File: Raichu battery.jpg (24KB, 465x613px) Image search: [Google]
Raichu battery.jpg
24KB, 465x613px
>>28894520

$30.
>>
>>28897116
This is a new breed of autism. Right here.

Stop looking for stupid things to get butthurt about.
>>
>>28897785
Yeah, I don't get this guy. I clearly was just shitposting my habit of archiving these threads.
>>
>>28897785
>>28897811

Not that guy, but you should look up the definition of anniversary.
>>
>>28894558
>>28894567
>>28897515
Woke up from my nap... still not there. >>28897515 was the closest!
>>
File: thanksgame.png (660KB, 1043x574px) Image search: [Google]
thanksgame.png
660KB, 1043x574px
kill me
>>
>>28897967
32 neet bux.
>>
>>28898095
We should start referring to packs as Neetbux
>>
>>28897967
27.5, binary search is always the correct way to go.
>>
>>28896976

That's correct, the same is true for those old league bundles as well.
>>
>>28897967
$33
>>
File: QYuobj8.png (501KB, 1275x334px) Image search: [Google]
QYuobj8.png
501KB, 1275x334px
post your current ladder progress
>>
File: ladder.png (140KB, 277x346px) Image search: [Google]
ladder.png
140KB, 277x346px
>>28898915
Just a bit more for me :^)
>>
>>28898963
they are tradable? what the hell
>>
>>28898963
No they aren't, he just has that many full arts.
>>
File: Feelsgoodman.png (1MB, 1152x762px) Image search: [Google]
Feelsgoodman.png
1MB, 1152x762px
Finally got enough shaymemes to play mr fug
>>
>>28899090
>steven in the discard

Why do people use this fucking card.
It triggers my autism almost as bad as random ninja boys or pokemon center ladies in decks.
>>
>>28898915
I think I'm on par for the course of getting the N over the next 17 days
>>
>>28899142
yea I just try to get around 100 per day or so
>>
>>28899142
>tfw always finish a week early
>because you want to get at least 7 prizes off the wheel a day before giving up which inevitably takes 10 or so wins

It always triggers my autism when I finish and then see 500 or so points go to waste. I wish they were exchangeable to tokens at least.
>>
>see my opponent is playing water and colorless
>start browsing the internet, watching a video, or go to the bathroom knowing the person is going to take 3+ minutes mulliganing and choosing a basic pokemon

I'll admit I've never played Greninja, but it doesn't seem that fucking complicated.
>>
>>28898915
>>
>>28899126
It's cheap deck thinning for new players and those using budget decks. Also allows for some mild toolboxing and planning for the next turn.
>>
>>28899568
but good supporters aren't expensive in ptcgo
>>
Jesus fuck someone send me some luck. My pulls lately have been dogshit. 12 packs of Steam Siege and just another RA Gardevoir EX to show for it.
>>
File: M5T1dhS.jpg (304KB, 1388x815px) Image search: [Google]
M5T1dhS.jpg
304KB, 1388x815px
>>28899746
im sorry anon
>>
>>28899746
>opening sealed product ever
>>
>>28899853
Now I just need to pull an Escape Rope so I can hang myself.
>>
>>28896747
Sarcasm =/= Shitposting.
Thank you for the threads though.
>>
File: ladder.jpg (166KB, 1320x669px) Image search: [Google]
ladder.jpg
166KB, 1320x669px
Gotta love ladder decks
>>
>>28900156
Was that your deck or someone you played against?

Because holy shit I'd get upset after that many mulligans.
>>
>>28900156

Where's the N to turn your opponent's 15 cards back into 6?
>>
>>28899126
it's decent in Vileplume decks. But that's the only situation ever. Same with Psychic's Third Eye.
>>
>>28899969
Oh i dont make em I just use them. I've only been an OP once, the greedy dice edition
>>
>>28901116
Clearly Shauna is a better option. With two powerful ex attackers you're gonna get a lot of knock outs so she will draw you more cards in the long run
>>
>>28901568

If your opponent starts off with half of the deck in their hand, the long run might not even be a consideration.
>>
File: griffin.jpg (40KB, 345x512px) Image search: [Google]
griffin.jpg
40KB, 345x512px
>playing gardevoir
>every other deck is mega mewtwo

sweet, sweet ladder points
>>
So booster pack trading is getting removed.
>>
>>28901621
This, N is there to reset the opponent after mulligans, not really about resetting your hand or drawing cards. Those are bonuses.
>>
>>28901692
Can I build that deck with 1 shaymin and hoopa or should I not bother?
>>
>>28902078
Yeah you can but save for another Shaymeme. You only need one Hoopa.
>>
>>28902146
Nice. I'm already doing that anyways since I need another one for Scizor as well. I just pulled a FA MGardevoir in the ladder booster so I felt like building the deck. I especially hate MMewtwo too so that'll be nice
>>
>>28901711
Source?
>>
>>28902231

His ass, he's probably just trying to stir up more shit due to the loss of free chat.
>>
>>28902231
I checked when he posted that. Nothing on the Reddit, website, forum, timeline, newsletter, or patch notes.
>>
>>28902231

He's probably the same anon that kept making posts during the maintenance saying that the game was back up when it wasn't.

These threads are basically empty though, so it's kind of a pointless place to troll.
>>
How many packs of SS would 4x Mewtwo EX and 4x M Mewtwo EX cost? I checked a trading company, they want like 8 packs each for them, so I checked public trades and people are asking stupid shit for them. What's a reasonable price that I could offer and find a trader for?
>>
Shaymin EX FA-Shaymin EX RA=How many packs? I want to trade my FA Shaymin for RA one but I'm not sure how many more packs this thing is worth, I don't understand Phantom Knights values..
>>
File: Scizor.jpg (197KB, 1284x738px) Image search: [Google]
Scizor.jpg
197KB, 1284x738px
Any help? This deck is terrible. I'm already saving up for a second shaymeme
>>
Let's say I give you 100 packs of Steam Siege. You have to make a deck out of those packs, only cards you trade them for can be used in the deck. What deck do you make?
>>
>>28902759
trade them up for more packs and make any deck I want.
>>
>>28902888
Boring.
>>
>>28902742
Scizor is a theorycraft deck, in the sense that shitters look at it and think it's magically going to be good because of certain buzzwords in the text.

Your build is pure shit, though. Center Lady? Skyla? A single Shaymin? One whole Stadium? Why do you have four Scizor?
>>
>>28902759
>100 packs
>Enough cards to make ANY competent deck
You can maybe make something playable with 100 packs + a theme deck. Otherwise, you're most likely going to go in with a deck wizard tier pile of junk.
>>
>>28903310
Are you >>28901711?
>>
>>28903425
No.
>>
>>28903425
Yes.
>>
>>28903425

It makes the baking soda colder.
>>
anyone got a decklist for this Talonflame-Typhlosion meme?
>>
>>28903425
???
I'm just saying that cracking 100 boosters is not going to give you enough to make a deck that operates well. Especially if they are from a single set.
>>
>>28902742
-1 scizor
-1 pokemon center lady
-1 N
-1 Energy
+1 Shaymeme
+2 Cobalion
+1 Parallel City
>>
File: avawhat0.jpg (177KB, 920x662px) Image search: [Google]
avawhat0.jpg
177KB, 920x662px
>>28900544
8 times for me when I faced this player, sadly i didnt get anything that good so it took me a while to win.
>>
>>28903713
>cracking
You're supposed to trade them.
>>
File: snapshot20080528220106.jpg (39KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20080528220106.jpg
39KB, 704x400px
>win tournament
>3 primal clash booster
>>
>>28903859
>Random packs
>Its always Primal Clash
>>
>>28903754
Still don't have enough packs for a shaymeme. At around 25 at the moment. I'll do the other switches though. My biggest problem with the deck is that I am often energy screwed
>>
>>28903876
>>28903770
>You have to make a deck out of those packs
= Crack

Didn't read the rest of the post.
>>
>>28903984
If only you had a way to draw more cards without having to waste a supporter
>>
>>28903988
It says trade in the fucking post.
>>
>>28904022
I'll have it in 25 packs
>>
>>28903988
Why did you respond to it if you didn't read it all? The very next sentence mentions trading the packs, and it's a small post anyway.
>>
Is it normal to run 4 enhanced hammers? Just faced a guy who kept discarding my DCEs. I still won as he was basically just treading water, but it made the match about twice as long.
>>
File: scizor.jpg (164KB, 951x719px) Image search: [Google]
scizor.jpg
164KB, 951x719px
Does scizor auto lose to greninja? I can get garbodor up but it does nothing to stop the max potions and bursting balloons?
>>
>>28904205
Garb blocks abilities if it has a tool attached, doesnt item lock.
>>
File: Pokeloot.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Pokeloot.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
Gosh, guys.
I've finally found a shop that had 3 packs of Roaring Skies and I ended up buying them all in like 3 days.
Pic related, it's what I've found in them.
>>
Anyone post their volcanion decks?
>>
>>28904309
Wait.
Is the fact that the TCG got translated before the games the reason why Italian all has English Pokemon names?
>>
>>28904414
I honestly have no clue but I'm really glad of that, to be fair.
>>
>>28904029
>>28904111
Why bother.
>>
File: Meme supreme.png (709KB, 1283x749px) Image search: [Google]
Meme supreme.png
709KB, 1283x749px
Finally.
>>
>>28904309
Nice! Here in Brazil they reprinted RoS recently, but I keep only pulling shit
>>
>>28905328
>reprinted
definitely just repackaged, hence the shit pulls.
>>
I swear the matching up is so fucked. I haven't seen a Night March deck since the ladder reset and my whole meme is winning on turn one with Forretress, yet any other deck it's all I see.
>>
>>28905616
>Thinking people actually play night march in expanded
>>
>>28905638
I'm seeing it a ton with Yveltal. Greninja and Trev too.
>>
File: 1416275600897.png (607KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1416275600897.png
607KB, 1152x864px
>haven't collected cards in over 10 years
>see the mythical manaphy collection box in a store over the summer
>decide to buy it since it's one of my favorites
>two months later see the jirachi box on amazon
>the card was too fucking cute to resist
>today get the impulse to get the victini box
>ordered the shaymin box as well
>out of curiosity look up cards of other favorite pokemon
>they cost as much as 30 cents or 5 dollars
>ordered about 11 in the span of 7 hours

dear god what is happening to me
>>
File: WP_20160927_23_34_23_Pro.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160927_23_34_23_Pro.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>28905703
Welcome to the club. I started like you when I saw the ancient trait cards back in primal clash... Look what I'm spending my money on now...
>>
Anyone know where I can find resources about building budget decks?

I'm tired of bricking out with theme memes.
>>
>>28906439
Budget decks are just meme decks.
>>
>Golurk resists his own recoil
Wait, he did do does?
>>
File: Mega Scizor.png (567KB, 810x439px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Scizor.png
567KB, 810x439px
>>28904205
>POKEMON RANGER
>3 MEGA TURBO
>ONLY 2 TRAINERS MAIL
>ONLY 8 ENERGY
>NO ESCAPE ROPE
>HEX MANIAC AND GARBODOR

You are losing because your deck is subpar.

The only deck that can consistently beat Mega Scizor is Volcanion, you shouldnt struggle against any other deck.
>>
>>28903754
>>28903144

Look at these shitters.

PCL is a great card in Mega Scizor deck.

You can only 2HKO with Mega Scizor and with PCL you turn the opponent 2HKOS into 3HKOS winning the trades.
>>
>>28906977
>center lady
disgusting
>>
>>28907179
>not using PCL on a Mega Scizor deck

disgusting
>>
>>28907227
>not memeing to hell and back with Weavile and balloons in your Scizor deck
>>
>>28882085
/vg/ should be a better solution if you merged the main games to the thread but i know these fags will end with nonstop shitposting in months like agdg.
>>
>>28907768
A vgc+ptcg general could work.
>>
>>28907599
if you want to meme go full meme, dont half ass meme with a scizor deck

play some shit like noctowl break and vileplume or a mill deck with tons of disruption
>>
>>28908268
There is only one way to truly meme in standard and that's to run Trev Break.
>>
>>28908310

>Running Trevenant BREAK with BKP Trevenant when Megas will usually shit over you

Absolute madman, etc.
>>
>>28908356
That's why it's a meme. You do rape the shit out of Rainbow Road and Volcanion though.
>>
So now where can I watch Arizona regionals?
>>
>>28908310
I've been playing Trev/Banette lately and it's hilarious how many people try to Mega-Evolve on a dead spirit link. MULTIPLE TIMES PER GAME.

Trev is the meme master.
>>
>>28908967
I forgot all about Banette. That does sound like a lot of fun.
>>
>>28909027
Banette is an underrated card in my opinion. Shuts off float stones, fury belts, spirit links. It seems almost as big as the trash man
>>
File: iKzFJBb.jpg (304KB, 1362x825px) Image search: [Google]
iKzFJBb.jpg
304KB, 1362x825px
>>28899853
pulled another lol, is this card actually usable?
>>
>>28909240
It's the one you want to use if you're running any sort of M-Gardevoir deck.
>>
>>28909070
It's probably not caught on due to how heavily people rely on tools in their own decks
>>
>>28909070
There's also Yveltal which has to be active but you can start with it much earlier.
>>
>>28909390
Reminder that Solgaleo gives everything free retreat without Float Stone. Maybe Banette will see some use then.
>>
>>28909535
yveltal sucks at fighting and has to be your active. You can keep sucky banette in the back.
>>
>>28909259
Yeah link blast can be a good advantage early game
>>
I just got a card from a pack that it doesn't seem to allow me to trade, a Primal Groudon EX. Why would this be?
>>
>>28909729
The only cards you can trade are won from tournaments or from pack code cards
>>
>>28909836
But I opened the second pack I got and got a Steelix EX, which it let me trade.
>>
>>28909877
Where did you get the packs?
>>
>>28909902
Just from the Trainer Challenge rewards.
>>
>>28909910
Those aren't tradeable. You're mixed up somehow.
>>
>>28909938
After level 15, some of them are.
>>
>>28909942
Well I wouldn't know then
sheeeit
>>
>>28909938
But I've never entered a tournament, or redeemed any codes. And I'm just level 1.
>>
>>28909954
I don't believe you anymore, have a nice (You)
>>
>>28910088
I also got a Hydreigon Break card from a pack received in a trade, that also seems to let me trade.
>>
>>28910120
Oh well if you recieved it from a tradeable pack, thats why its tradeable
>>
>>28910173
Thanks, at least that one makes sense.
>>
>>28897785
>durrr I'll just make up new definitions of words
I'm rather certain that's what mentally disabled children do. Nothing "butthurt" at taking the piss out of newfags. You're of the same moronic ilk that will continue to just say ridiculous and trivial shit and demand everyone "interpret" it the way you truly meant it

>>28897811
>shitposting my habit of archiving these threads
Can't you kids fucking lurk for a few months before making a single post and opening up your mouth? Cancer freely oozes out of every reply of yours. Keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>28910301
Holy shit dude what are you contributing? This is a Pokemon TCG thread, did you forget that?
>>
>>28910301
>being this buttblasted over literally nothing
How do you function in daily life? Where on the spectrum do you lie?
>>
File: lyCEL9o.jpg (275KB, 1244x740px) Image search: [Google]
lyCEL9o.jpg
275KB, 1244x740px
tfw have an obnoxious amount of alternate arts now

what would you do to this deck
>>
>>28881896
t. ooga booga gibs me dat
>>
What will Ultra Beasts end up being?
>>
So what happens if you get enough mulligan cards that you can't set up all your prize cards?
>>
>>28911728
You draw for mulligan after setting up prize cards.
>>
>>28904524
You're an idiot
>>
Would M Audino/Garbodor be effective? I'm bored of Scizor and Gardevoir, wanna use something different.
>>
>>28912092

Giving Mega Mewtwo 100 damage for free while only being able to two shot him? You tell me anon.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.