[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ct/ character thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

File: ct.png (197KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ct.png
197KB, 600x900px
Hi /vp/
So I enjoy posting in these threads, and they pop up once a day or so but aren't really organized. I figured to try and make place for this. Calling it /character thread/ right now, but if you have a better idea, let's hear them

The situation is this: A thread to come and post original characters, personal life-fantasies, vicarious or not; ANY sort of character you've been thinking about that lives in the pokemon world. Some variants on this I've seen over the last month are-
>So you wake up in the pokemon world and can either be a frontier brain or E4 member, which do you choose?
>What would your team be if you were a trainer
>You are now in the pokemon world but are an Ace Trainer and can only use 3 pokemon, will never win the league, and cannot become a gym leader. What do you do?
>Where would you want to live in the pokemon world and what would your job be?
>Trainer card threads of IRL occupation
>certain claim shoulder-bro threads

All of this stuff. So with this in mind, here are the (tentative) thread rules. Post, at minimum:
>Name or trainer type, or both (if you would rather say something like super-nerd instead of a name or your own "class")
>Home region
>Area of permanent, or otherwise current (or transient) residence
>Occupation
>Context information; what is the person's story?
>Pokemon team
>A relevant image. Of your bromon, of your trainer sprite, original artwork, or just something you find cozy and fitting. Trainer cards work too.
>Keep it comfy!

Be as specific as you can/want. The more detail, the better. Go all out on combining your occupation with pokemon team. In the future it could be fun to add editions to /ct/, like some of the specific variants listed above. I was a fan of the Ace Trainer variant, myself.

>lastly, if someone is possibly underage and posts something you find to be edgy, ignore it. Not everyone has the same taste, and taste changes over time. Remember to keep it comfy, anons.
>>
Hey, this thread already exists. It's /ocg/
>>28526715
>>
>>28555786
Thank you, OP. I've always want a general thread like this! I feel post my response later.
>>
File: 1468394730613.png (1MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1468394730613.png
1MB, 2000x1125px
For the time being, I'll copy some posts from a thread yesterday (they won't totally abide by the OP rules) in here to populate the thread, and dump a few comfy images. Incoming:

Library Anon
>I'd decline the offer and just stay with my comfy job as a library technician in the Nacrene's Library + Museum.
>My specialization would be the Fairy type. I think it fits perfectly with the quiet library setting and how they're based on fairytales and the fantasy genre.

>Clefable - My first pokemon. I was able to get a moon stone from one of the museum technicians that specialize in geology. She would help float up to the top shelves and organize them for me.
>Klefki - It would be the library's security. It also takes care of the keys to the rare library materials section.
>Morelull - A literal walking book/night light. She would stay up with me during those late nights when I can't put down a good book.

>And I think that's a good amount of pokemon to have for a regular job. I would spend my off days in the local cafes, the museum, and the local art warehouse's that are all around Nacrene City.
>>
>>28555868
OC's are the same thing, friend. I'm sure they're welcome here (I'm not OP), but this is also for people to self-insert or daydream.

Unless you're saying that /ocg/ allows this as well.

>>28555919
Whadaya know, that's my post! I'm glad you like it, friend.
>>
>>28555939
Meant to say they're not the same thing, I apologize
>>
>>28555939
They are. Serianon and /ocg/ OP here, next thread version I'll be adding specifications that allow self-inserts and whatnot too.
>>
File: 1468309074148.jpg (474KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1468309074148.jpg
474KB, 1280x1920px
Rockbro anon
>Rock type Elite four member in Sinnoh
>Tyranitar
>Rampardos
>Golem
>Probopass
>Mega Aerodactly or regular if megas are not allowed
>I'd go for an elite four position over frontier brain because I dislike the exotic feeling the battle frontiers have. It feels like a place for hot shots and stars. I much prefer the gym and elite system. I picked the rock type because it is my favorite and is not the most popular. I'm also an archaeology enthusiast so I included fossil pokemon on my team. These are pretty rare as well so I feel they are a good fit for an elite four team. Golem is pretty common but he is still powerful and is native of Sinnoh. Probopass showcases the new location based evolutions and represent Mt Coronet, one of my favorite thing about Sinnoh. Tyranitar is there for its rarity factor and is a great team helper by setting sandstorm to help the defense of my other pokemon. It can also use stealth rock to punish switch ins from the opponent. Aerodactly completes the team by being one of the rare rock type with high speed. its flying type can also help against grass type pokemon who could cause problem to my team. The mega is my favorite mega so it was an easy choice to make, but I can understand if they are no megas in Sinnoh.
>>
File: 1401420458958.png (554KB, 1024x440px) Image search: [Google]
1401420458958.png
554KB, 1024x440px
Sub-Commander Anon
(more video-game themed, but that's cool too. If that's what you like, dream it up. also trimmed a word or two for limit)
>How shit is my idea?
>Battle Submarine, the first traveling frontier facility
>It'd be available to trainers most of the time but I'd also travel alone with my crew sometimes, exploring new regions and archipelagos
It would also be a convenient way of providing the Battle Frontier experience to regions that lack one.
>I'd dock in whichever region I'd like, and let trainers come and challenge the crew and myself as long as they were certified by the local E4
>It'd be simple: all pokemon leveled down/up to 50, they get to keep their EVs and IVs but not items, you have to go to a special room before the battle area and get to choose any held item available, be it rare berries, choice items, orbs... Anything aside from the soul dew. You give the item back at the end of the challenge, but you can buy them with BP if you want to keep them
>Ability capsules and rare candies are also available
>You can use any pokemon you want aside from the box legends and the mythicals (basically it's the same banlist as the Battle Maison).
>The battles are in triples
>You'd enter the submarine and get challenged by the crew. They come in three difficulty levels: the apprentices are easy, the experienced workers are medium, and the commanding officers/engineers are hard mode. At easy and medium the crew's pokemon are randomized and chosen from a list that excludes pseudos, legends and other very strong mons, and have subpar EVs and IVs.
Hard mode crewmembers become more difficult as the crew gets to use competitive mons and movesets, and have at least three perfect IVs and are EV trained.
>To complete a mode you have to defeat 20 crewmembers in a row.
>After completing the medium mode you challenge the Submarine Commander, team is
>Weavile
>Volcarona
>Porygon-Z
>After completing the hard mode, rematch team is
>Regirock
>Latios (Soul Dew)
>Articuno
>>
>>28555972
Oh, coolio! I look forward to it.
>>
>>28555972
It's cool to add it to /ocg/ but in all honesty, /ocg/ brings in more art and sketching and funposting than most things (which is good!),and also doesn't seem to soak up these types of threads. Maybe it's good to give the day dreamers a place to write 1-2k words when they're zoning out and want to be cozy and read cozy daydreams?
>>
>>28556161
That's a good idea, but it's good to keep it all to a containment thread instead of having 2 threads dedicated to it. Don't worry, friends. Your daydream-writing is welcome over at /ocg/.

We love you just as much as our sketchfriends!
>>
File: 1381262108958.png (572KB, 963x739px) Image search: [Google]
1381262108958.png
572KB, 963x739px
Some I saved from older threads

Trapper Anon
>Espeon
>Arcanine
>Mightyena
>I'd want to live in Johto. Be a trapper involved in the fur trade on the northern frontier, in that swath of snowy land/wilderness on the other side of Mt. Mortar. Arcanine and Mightyena help with travel and tracking, Espeon is shoulder bro and special-interest hunter.
>>
>>28556243
Libraryanon here (at this point I almost feel like adopting a trip, but blegh).Y'all seem so nice at /ocg/ I can see it becoming the next comfy regular thread.

I am excited for the future threads!
>>
File: 1468789719337.jpg (36KB, 485x361px) Image search: [Google]
1468789719337.jpg
36KB, 485x361px
Conveniently Placed Based-Ace-Trainer Anon

>Toxicroak
>Scrafty
>Shiny Hawlucha

>Starting off in the Sinnoh region, because there's just something about it that makes it seem like it would be extremely interesting to explore and travel through.
>Wouldn't aim to be the best of the best, but I would aim to be the guy that ruins everyone's day. Lots of underhanded (though not illegal) fighting techniques, setting up shop in areas where trainers are likely to be worn out by the time they reach it (at the exits to caves or forests with a lot of Poison-types, the middle of the wilderness between Pokemon Centers / rest stops, etcetera). Basically being the Gary to every trainer I come across. If they can't beat me when they're at their worst, they don't deserve to move on to their next destination. I'd keep track of whoever managed to beat me against all odds and secretly root for them in all their exploits.
>>
File: FUUUUUN.png (94KB, 623x935px) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUN.png
94KB, 623x935px
>>28556302
I only started making the threads a couple of days ago, and I hope it'll become a comfy thread for all our friends. Apparently they used to be more common; but nowadays they've sort of died.

>including a seri for comfyvalue
>>
File: Mappa_Johto.png (869KB, 900x561px) Image search: [Google]
Mappa_Johto.png
869KB, 900x561px
Archaeology Anon
>the field-scholar thing has always been my self-insert in Pokemon.
>If I can go my own way, I'd be out in that wide un-mapped space north of Mt. Silver, studying how ancient cultures employed Pokemon in architecture. It looks pretty cold up that way so rock and ice types would help for obvious reasons.. Maybe a fire type to help with long excursions? Ghosts make sense in ruins but having a psychic buddy could make sense as a scholar...
>I also don't like having a full team; it's always seemed comfier to only have ~3-4 close pals
>I'd build my team like this:
>Espeon
>Ninetales
>Alolan Ninetales
>Bergmite
>So Espeon would be my main scholarly friend, and oldest Pokemon. Bergmite would be my wayfinding buddy and help out, like a natural navigator--intuiting the land, being my extra set of eyes. Ninetales has always been portrayed in the Anime as having a historical/psychic slant to it--so it's cool that its Alolan form got fairy typing; it's like the line between history and mythology.
>Ninetales' fire typing would help us keep our shit together that far off the map, and together with Alolan Ninetales, it would be like having two archaeological blood-hounds with complementary typing.
>>
File: 1446042559571.jpg (59KB, 550x617px) Image search: [Google]
1446042559571.jpg
59KB, 550x617px
Iron-Island Anon
>I would take up the offer for an E4 spot in Sinnoh however my aspiration would be to replace Cynthia as Champion. I'd specialize in Steel type Pokemon but have Water type as a backup specialty. Room design would be fairly plain but on the sides I'd have flowing water powering turbines that power the room and the option to open up and fill the battlefield with water.
>Team:
>Magnezone
>Aegislash
>Ferrothorn
>Aggron
>Excadrill
>Empoleon
>Empoleon serves as my signature Pokemon and Ace on all my teams. My residence and training grounds would be hidden on Iron Island where my water Pokemon would have access to the sea and my steel types access to the mountain.
>>
File: alola now.jpg (389KB, 1600x1106px) Image search: [Google]
alola now.jpg
389KB, 1600x1106px
>>28555786
>Name or trainer type, or both (if you would rather say something like super-nerd instead of a name or your own "class")
class: Scout
>Home region
unknown (edgeville)
>Area of permanent, or otherwise current (or transient) residence
transient residence exploring the western front
>Occupation
scout for a world superpower
>Context information; what is the person's story?
not sure but i'm imagining them living in a post apocalyptic/still apocalyptic war torn pokemon world, as a scout searching for pockets of survivors and communities for a government that may already be defeated, but which at the same time can't really ever be defeated completely because the war is so entrenched in reality now.
>Pokemon team
shiny ninetails, sun wolf, alolan exeggutor
>A relevant image. Of your bromon, of your trainer sprite, original artwork, or just something you find cozy and fitting. Trainer cards work too.
>Keep it comfy!
>>
File: Csgo_CT_icon_alt.png (79KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Csgo_CT_icon_alt.png
79KB, 256x256px
>>28555786
A thread just for CTs? Sweet, fuck those dirty Terrorists.
I'll buy;
>UMP- | Grand Prix
>Desert Eagle | Kumicho Dragon
>1 Frag, 2 Flash, 1 Smoke
>Armor + Helmet
I'll smoke off Mid, try to run into Tuns, then get killed by a spin-botting wallhacker through the smoke.

Captcha, a salad is not candy.
>>
bumping because this thread has potential.
>>
>>28558706
same
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.