[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 1453143361150.jpg (552KB, 1305x857px) Image search: [Google]
1453143361150.jpg
552KB, 1305x857px
/vpwt/: Ticking off Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>28343623

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: How do writers handle pokemon trades? Do pokemon get upset when they're suddenly dumped with a new owner? How does trading based evolution work? Why do some pokemon disobey their new owner but only when they don't have enough gym badges?
>>
File: 1403146909455.jpg (235KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1403146909455.jpg
235KB, 1220x1220px
>>28448576
Fic recap:

There was a motherload of Wicke-centric fics that have been made. Thankfully they already condense all of their content into one pastebin, so look in here for some. Assume they're all NSFW.
http://pastebin.com/KpvPszZx

Traipsingexodus started another fic called The Errant's Hearth. SFW(?)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12140893/1/The-Errant-s-Hearth

An anon is looking for feedback for something he scrapped up to work on his style of writing. Help him out. SFW
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1As2-dv1GkFnyNmDR7dJnzcsrKqYf1eMllzw-BR8u7x0/edit

Among the Wicke love comes one for that Aether Foundation leader involving the male sun/moon protag. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/EynDJBSc

Updated fics:

Mimiga's Marriage of Mew chapter 4
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7771954/chapters/18265969

Solar's Gift of the Protector chapter 14
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/14/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

Gallanon's chapter 4 of his Gallade fic. Don't remember if it has a title or not.
http://pastebin.com/3ynQHee0

Snapath's wrapped up Forest Temple fic
http://pastebin.com/8WEa6q4T

Link your fic here if I missed yours
>>
>>28448576
I'd be annoyed if I had to spend an eternity with someone I barely knew after bonding with someone for a certain amount of time desu
>>
File: gallade_study_by_archus7-d2ihmxt.jpg (120KB, 629x1269px) Image search: [Google]
gallade_study_by_archus7-d2ihmxt.jpg
120KB, 629x1269px
To the anon I was talking to last thread.

Well it took about a hour or so of rearranging things and rewriting a few things. But here is a improved version of things. I took most of the criticism you had to give and I feel as if I have fixed a few glaring issues with it.
http://pastebin.com/AiddFuKf

>>28448830
It's titled "Curiosity" for future refrence
>>
>I didn't write for a full thread
End my miserable existence
Social lives can suck a fat one I just want to lock myself in my room and git gud
>>
>>28449283
>Entire electrical system to the house is falling apart
>Mom is having multiple panic attacks every day because she can't handle shit and power problems automatically equal fire
>Still handwriting MoM in the light of the most affected circuit in the house.

Correct. Git gud is correct.

Correct.Git gud.
>>
>>28449394
I am in awe of your determination.
Tomorrow I can go home and resume writing until 5AM.
But not tonight. Tonight I suffer as I try to finish this draft chapter.
Keep on keepin' on, you get all of my respect
>>
>>28449445
It is not determination, it is addiction. If I did not write even in the most dull of situations, the stress would surely actually manage to have an effect on my mood, if simply because I did not write that day. I could be living in a rackety-ass shack with 100kb/s internet and a faggy tablet eating ramen and granola bars and I'd probably still feel alright if I could write.

A dimmed light and fire hazard is hardly enough to keep me from my characters.
>>
>>28449283
It worked for me.
Except I never got gud, and didn't ever have a social life to necessitate any locking, and am gradually becoming the fat one.

But that's basically the same thing.
>>
>>28449530
Caffeine is my one true addiction. I tried to stop and it got me fired in retaliation. Writing will have to settle for 'favored hobby'.

>>28449575
Something is progressing somehow, right? Even if it's just the numbers on the scale...?
>>
>>28448576
fart form gengar hentai is my fantasy, where they all fuck and sometimes it makes pikachu mad when gengar gets his cum in the pikachu eye when they ahve the threesome with gardivoiur but then it;s ok and they battle but he loseese and then gardivoir tells hium it's hwats on the inside ecause on the outside gengar is a fart type pokemon (it replaces poision) and then they have hentai sex and they have a family im working on it rn
>>
>>28449604
Don't tell me you let the pusher-man get you hooked on coffee. They teach you "Just Say No To Drugs" for a reason.

>>28449604
Mustn't forget the arterial blockage. Although it's easy to since it only updates around 99% when it first makes your left arm go numb and second makes your right arm become part of a dead guy.
>>
File: Gengar.gif (35KB, 407x310px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.gif
35KB, 407x310px
>>28449605
here's fart form gengar concept, rate?
>>
>>28448576
Trades and evolution function the same. Now for the caveats to trading:

When intelligence gets tossed into the mix: Pokemon with relatively low levels of intelligence would be sad to see their Trainer go but also get over it quite quickly if their new Trainer is a suitable replacement.

Higher intelligence pokemon work differently: If one owner has a particularly close bond with his pokemon that he's trading away then he might explain, "Oh hey, I'm trading you away for this reason," and depending on the reaction of the pokemon he might actually back out of the trade and then spend the next few weeks trying to deal with a gross breach of trust.

Now we bring the military into the equation: in this case it's just seen as another thing that happens. The pokemon in question has (by this point) become familiar with being passed around as duty dictates and forms nothing more than professional relationships with their owner. The first time is always the hardest though.

Badges are odd: A badge can be explained to a sufficiently intelligent pokemon as being a mark of experience and strength. Owning that badge also means the owner exudes an imperceptible aura of strength, akin to an imposing presence that is recognized by less intelligent pokemon as: this guy means business.

This all just scratches the surface though.

>>28449604
Caffeine addicts ww@ this is a terrible addiction the headaches are awful i should stop but HAHA CAFFEINE
>>
>>28449739
>Don't tell me you let the pusher-man get you hooked on coffee.
Coffee would be a blessing. I love it but for some reason I can't handle it, six or seven sips and I can't drink anymore. I get my daily 100mg fix from Coca-Cola.

Anyway, to keep this relevant, and since I've never done this before (which is a theme with all the entries on this list) here's what I'm working on or have percolating. Would have percolating if I could stomach it I mean.

Both of these are from trainer POVs holy shit!
>Request: Trainer with socially disfavored pokemon.
Absol OS with a dash of Teatime Misdreavous for flavor, from that other anon.
>Rapidash OS; Wild West Mode.
I cheated and took a request from myself
>BStF Ch.7. Status: Heavy Editing.
If I have any self-respect I might finish this tonight but it's not going up yet.

ToTT: The only trading I've written was 'in the family' and not really much of a trade at all actually so idfk. I don't think I ever WILL write trades unless an interesting request comes over the transom, but if I did outside a request, I think it'd be between people the pokemon is already familiar with so they're not in the dark.
If you really simplify it, BStF is about a trade a decade in the making
>>
I'm thinking of bug type pokemon, and i was wondering on your guy's opinion.
Would you rather consider insect pokemon to be similar to their real life counterpart's height, or rather a more exaggerated approach like you can sometimes see in the anime.
Dealing with a real life counterpart, it would seem very easy to catch one, seeing as how you could probably fit about a dozen bees in a pokeball. But looking at the more exaggerated approach i think just by the massive size of these colonies the insects would be greatly dangerous to human infrastructure, seeing as how these fuckers would just dig massive caverns and nests.
>>
>>28450033
The pokedex lists sizes, I personally would use them.

>>28449835
>Now we bring the military into the equation:
Oh boy I always like thinking about this approach. Michael was originally ex-mil instead of his current tragic past, and I still wonder if that would have made a more interesting story
Servicemembers get really attached to even inanimate, unliving equipment. Just look up how ordnance disposal techs get attached to their little remote-control robots. They're like mascots and family pets rolled into one adorable electromechanical contraption. If their tool of trade can express emotions and love them back? Nah, every bodn is going to be a rock-solid one, no matter how many times the pokemon's been traded. I bet pokemon with long service times become living hearts of a unit, and I wouldn't be surprised if all the discharged personnel from the unit throws it a big fuckin' party when it retires.
>Minesweeper Flygon gets let out of service after 20 years, current handler still serving so previous handler picks him up
>Files all the paperwork and gets permission to adopt
>Military gets previous handler the Vibrava that will take its place
>Huge ceremony when the trade takes place between current handler and previous handler
>Previous handler takes Flygon to a party
>All its past handlers are there, along with some other members of the unit.
><Wow, I wasn't expecting this, Sergeant.>
>"You outrank me now, Colour. You can drop the title!"
><Sorry, old habits.>
>"Look, the Colonel even showed up. You wouldn't know it but the hardass has really loosened up since retiring."
etc etc
>>
File: nWTkZhd.jpg (79KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
nWTkZhd.jpg
79KB, 500x425px
>>28450352
You make an excellent point there. I'd forgotten how attached military personnel can get to the things they carry with them. Honestly, with stuff like K9 units, I wonder how the hell I even forgot that, god damn I feel stupid now. Time to annotate my headcanon.

>discharged Pokemon get parties thrown for them with their previous handlers
Oh my fuck this would make for some fun ass fluff.
>>
>>28450482
The comic that pic is from gets me right in the feels every time.

...now I kinda want to write more Minesweeper Flygon and Ex-Handler.
>Headcanon: Experienced Flygon can mimic human speech with their wing-vibrations. >Minesweeper Flygon was originally taught how to mimic certain verbal commands but greatly expanded his knowledge after leaving service
>>
File: 1458826341563.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458826341563.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>28450656
Definitely worth doing I think, and that wing-vibration thing is a neat as fuck idea. You should write that out.
>>
File: 1473640986990.gif (955KB, 510x625px) Image search: [Google]
1473640986990.gif
955KB, 510x625px
>>28451146
I really want to, I just gotta think of something I'd do with them. Some idea to explore. BStF has some neat angles on pokemon technology and boats at least. Gotta get something else that'll grab me I can fluff out a plot with.

I guess I have a space open since the eeveelution stories are by far my least popular so I don't see much of a point continuing pic related

but I'm open to persuasion
>>
>>28449530
>someone who is addicted to writing
Well, a first for everything I suppose
>>
>>28452704
I mean, how can you truly tell if you're addicted to something that seems productive and expressive? It just seems like a normal thing in general, except that I probably wouldn't be nearly as happy without it and likely be wracked with anxiety and binge-read. No way I'm the first.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.