[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 37

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
Old
>>28391548

New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: How many 1st place tournament trophies do you have on ptcgo?
>>
I have
2 Bronze
5 Silver
1 Gold
From 4 ticket theme tournaments played with Voltage Vortex

1 Bronze
2 Silver
2 Gold
From 24 ticket standard tournaments played with Mega Scizor.

Never lost in 1rst match.
>>
>playing meme chomp deck in expanded
>varying success due to not being full of meme ex mons
>last opponent ran a viplume lockdown deck or some shit
>she legitimately fucking mulliganed herself fucking down to 4 fucking cards
>no N or fucking anything

Like jesus shit, how can you be that retarded? Watch your card count at least if you're going to ramp through your deck.
>>
File: Uxie__43_146__Legends_Awakened.jpg (58KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
Uxie__43_146__Legends_Awakened.jpg
58KB, 361x500px
Was uxie essential?
Does anyone know what draw support replaced it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160910-230316.jpg (322KB, 1035x546px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160910-230316.jpg
322KB, 1035x546px
I haven't done a lot of tournaments since I started playing exactly a year ago since the trophies don't count for official points for online tournaments or like that, I try at least to get at least bronze because of muh tradeable packs.
>>
>>28423004
Are you still living in 2009?
>>
>>28423004
Very. Didn't play much in HGSS format (mostly because that rotated out with Cynthia's Feelings) But in BW we had Tropical Beach as a 200-300 dollar staple in some decks. Then obviously Shaymin EX came back for XY.
>>
>>28423004
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/World_Championships_Deck_%28TCG%29
They print out the three decks that won Worlds and a fourth random popular deck to round it off every year. You can use these to get a glimpse of what builds were good, or at least what engines were used.

Despite the memes and Shaymin comparison, most decks only ran 1-2 Uxie. However, there were many other support Pokemon used alongside it, such as Claydol, Azelf, Chatot, Castform, and so on, meaning there was much less room for Uxie.

And Uxie wasn't that important for the same reason why decks back then regularly ran 20+ Pokemon; their Supporter lineup didn't rely on blind drawing as much as it did just directly searching for cards via things like Bebe's Search, Pokemon Collector, Celio's Network, Roseanne's Research, and so on. With so many consistency options, Set Up is nice but not so wildly mandatory like Shaymin is today.

>Does anyone know what draw support replaced it?
It was used until it rotated, but in the years after people mainly used 1-2 Cleffa, Magnezone Prime, and not much else. You had Pokemon Communication, Prof Oak's New Theory, Collector, Copycat, and Pokegear as your Trainer lineup. The 2011 meta was one of the slowest in the game's history, until Juniper got printed. Then we got Colress and N and Computer Search and Ultra Ball and you know the rest.
>>
>>28423339
>World Championship Decks
Ugh, the person who runs Pokémon tournaments at my local game shop (who isn't a Play! Pokémon league organiser because she repeatedly failed the test) refuses to ban those, so now there's one twelve-year-old boy with the 2014 winning deck who wins everything.
Now I just bring my regular decks for everybody else and 2012 winning deck for him.
>>
>>28423421
So 1 year ago I put my codes into ptgco but never really played I had a full art keldeo that I traded for 18 pack. Was it a good deal? 5 steam siege, 5 breakpoint, 5ancient and 3 pack from bw
>>
>>28424160
No. SS, BP, and AO packs are virtually worthless online. You basically got 6-10 packs for a 20+ pack card.
>>
>>28424174
Well w/e I didn't have any standard cards and I got a full art ex scyzor so I guess it's not too bad
>>
>>28424195
Are EX cards common now? I seem to get 1 every pack that and double rares.
>>
>>28423004
Shaymin EX nigga
>>
>>28424214
Sounds about right to me. They aren't common per say, but they're not super hard to get. They're desirable and there's many of them.
>>
>Bought a little $5 pack
>Get a holo Hoopa and a holo M Gardevoir ex

I thought that was pretty neat, should I even be buying cards? It's so easy to just get a little 10 card pack on my way out from work.
Sh
>>
>>28424254
That's some damn good luck my dude
>>
>>28422617
>>she legitimately fucking mulliganed herself fucking down to 4 fucking cards
>mulliganed

princessbridequote.jpg

If she mulliganed herself to a 4 card deck, it would mean you didn't have a basic until her deck was down to 4 cards from the extra cards she got.
>>
File: 1094098.jpg (284KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
1094098.jpg
284KB, 325x450px
Should I make a Zygarde EX fighting deck? I'm new to the game and it's the only deck that interests me (besides yveltal and zoroark)
I'm new to the game too
>>
>>28422617
>she legitimately fucking mulliganed herself fucking down to 4 fucking cards
How?
>>
Bump
Anyone play Legacy? I figure my best bet at SRUBs are just opening Freeze packs, so I'm making a deck for tournaments. 1/360 aren't the worst odds.
>>
fucking sick of playing against psychic decks 2bh lads
>>
>>28424468
You should, seeing as you're new to the game. Also, because you are new to the game.
>>
Does someone have a good flareon/volcanion deck to share?
>>
>>28426058
Not sure why people think Flareon is a good card.
>>
>>28425796
The chance of SR UB isnt 1/360...

There are 6 SR in PF and the chance of getting a SR is 1/72

The chance of getting SR UB when opening a PF pack is 1/432 packs
>>
>>28426217
Whoops, completely forgot about Garchomp.
In case you didn't notice, 72 * 5 = 360. My count was off by one is all.
>>
>>28426079
Because its energy efficient and can 1HKO easily when paired with Magma Camerupt and Volcanion-EX

With FFB you have 210 HP, with 3 Energies you do 120 damage and with 2 Volcanions you increase it to 180, enough to 1HKO exs.

All this can be done turn 2, which is really fast and the deck doesnt fall off as the game goes on but only increases in power.
>>
>>28426079
see>>28426337

also need a new standard deck and this seems fun. I´ve also got a mega fug, is it worth or should I trade it away?
>>
>>28426337
110 for three energies isn't efficient.
FFB and Volcanion EX aren't unique to Flareon. Just because Flareon is (debatably) an acceptable target for both doesn't make it good.
It can't really be done turn two unless you open perfectly. Really, think about what you're suggesting: you're saying having two Fire Energy in hand, Flareon in the active, an evolved Camerupt on the bench, and then a third Fire in the discard by turn two is "really fast". And that's before the FFB, Volcanions, extra Fire energies, etc.
Sure, eventually you have this elaborate setup that can stream one (1) extra energy onto a below-curve Flareon each turn, but by then, an actually tiered deck will have won already.
It might have been acceptable with Blacksmith and Compressor, but it really isn't now.
>>
>>28426447
Of course, but Flareon deck costs less than 20 packs, a tiered deck goes from 110 to 160 packs to build.

Its a decent entry level standard deck, no need to get salty about people not trying to tryhard on a childrens game.
>>
>>28426498
>Of course, but Flareon deck costs less than 20 packs, a tiered deck goes from 110 to 160 packs to build.
Both those prices are absurdly wrong. 20 packs for what I'm assuming is a Shaymin-less Flareon deck? 160 packs for an M Mewtwo deck? Really?
If anything, not running Shaymin makes your Christmas scenario of a Turn 2 Flareon even less realistic.
Talking about the viability of a card isn't being a tryhard. The sooner you lose this mentality, the sooner you'll improve as a player.
>>
>>28426517
Shaymin goes for 45SS on average.
Mewtwo for 6
M Mewtwo for 10
Hoopa for 4
Garbodor for 1

There you have 144 packs on Pokemon alone to build a Mega Mewtwo deck from scratch.

For Mega Rayquaza with 4 Shaymin is above 200 packs.

For Mega Scizor is above 110 packs.

Also, let people play whatever the fuck they want.
If they want to play with fucking flareon game fucking let them you fucking loser.
Its a kids game and there is no reason to tryhad.

>>28426058
3 Flareon-EX
2 Volcanion-EX
1 Hoopa-EX
2-2 Magma´s Camerupt
2-2 Octillery

10-12 Fire Energy

The trainer setup figure it out yourself, but dont forget the FFB, Float Stones and Scorched Earth.
>>
>>28426517
Then tell me a good deck anon. I would love to play jolteon/glacion but that is too expensive.

I wanted to play the dark integral gaming flareon deck because that looked fun.
>>
>>28426633
t-thanks anon, but I´ve got a shaymin and want to use it
>>
>>28426633
>Prices are in SS
Oh, sure. If I bought it using XY packs, it would probably be well over 500.

>Also, let people play whatever the fuck they want.
Who's stopping anyone from playing Flareon? The only thing you should stop is getting triggered off card discussion.

>>28426646
There aren't really any "budget" decks this format like last. You can try your luck with Greninja if it's even still on the tier list, but you probably won't get far.

If you're not going to build something that's on the tier list, then there's no point in making suggestions. Just build whatever looks interesting, since Tier 4- is a crapshoot as it is. You'll still win if you're competent.
>>
>testing Primal Groudon in Standard (it's better than you would think)
>Lose to M Mewtwo only because my two Klefki are prized
>>
>>28426717
>Prices are in SS
Of course they are, they are the latest pack and the pack that people get from event thus what it used comonly to say the value of the cards.

Also if you use RS or PF to buy cards like these you are an idiot.

>There aren't really any "budget" decks this format like last.
Rainbow Road is a budget deck and will probably be tiered.

>>28426714
You are better off using a 2-2 Octillery line instead of a Shaymin if you only have one.

If you have 2 you can replace the 2-2 Octillery line for the Shaymins
>>
>>28426767
You cant attach Klefki with Garbodor in play...
>>
>>28426778
>Of course they are, they are the latest pack and the pack that people get from event thus what it used comonly to say the value of the cards.
No. SS is a sub-1.0 pack. People use 1.0 packs like RS to value cards.
When you go shopping, do you see prices in multiples of half-dollars? Think about it.
>Your bill will be 18 quarters, thank you very much.

>Rainbow Road is a budget deck and will probably be tiered.
Until we get results, that's speculation. Making Rainbow Road no better than any 4- deck.
And if it's not on the tier list, there's no reason to suggest it any more or less than any other 4- deck.
>>
>>28426813
He wasn't playing Garbodor, it was a pretty weird metal build.
>>
>>28426856
Not him, but the latest pack is regarded as 1 value and the rest according to it.

Steam Siege pack value is 1.
Roaring Skies pack value is 1.5
>>
>>28426856
To add to this >>28427090

RS is worth 1 when dealing with higher value cards.

When dealing with lower value cards its considered 1.5 but even then you are buying at a loss.

Two examples of this:

A)
Shaymin-EX RA:
22 RS or 44 SS
The RS value is twice as much as a SS pack in this case.

B)
Scizor EX:
2 RS or 3 SS
The RS value is 1.5 times the value of the SS pack.

In case A you are using the full potential of the RS pack value thus its reasonable to use it over other packs.

In case B you are not using the full potential of the RS pack and are better off using regular packs like SS to buy more comon cards.

Unless you are buying shit like Shaymin, FA Darkrai, FA N, FA Mewtwo and Mega Mewtwo, FA Giratina, FA Hoopa, etc etc you are better off using SS over RS packs.
>>
>>28424352
Apologies, it was like 1 in the morning and I was about to head to sleep.
She drew her deck down until she only had 4 cards left to draw.

>>28424541
Shaymeme, AZ, Shaymeme, Lucky Helmet, the stadium that lets you evolve pokemon first turn
Next turn, used her Sycamore, and more Shaymeme and shit

She legitimately drew herself down to 4-6 cards and I just focus sashed for a turn or two with my garchomp meme deck and forced her to draw out. Her Vespiqueen/March deck was just disgusting.
>>
>>28427385
Oh right, also forgot she used a shit ton of compressors as well.

I think at least 2-3 compressors were used.
>>
File: 1315767394864.jpg (76KB, 418x500px) Image search: [Google]
1315767394864.jpg
76KB, 418x500px
>>28426767
Can you post your deck?
I made a Primal Groudon deck myself but I'm still figuring it out, I 'd like to get some ideas from other decks.
>>
Is Puzzles of Time some meme recommended item or some shit? Or is it just the "theorycraft" item that everyone thinks is good on paper?

I swear tons of deck recommend stuffing fucking 4 of those into your deck and I always feel like I actually don't need them. They slow down my decks, they're unreliable, and almost in every case I'd rather have shit like Sycamore/N in my hand early on when it matters the most.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-11-16-47-01.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-11-16-47-01.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>28427491
If you have any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.
This deck would be so good if Korrina was still in Standard.
>>
>>28427852
>Steven
>Prof Letter
>3 Skyla
>Assault Vest
I'm trying to eat breakfast you sick son of a bitch
>>
>>28427914
I take it you've never seen the deck in Expanded, huh?
That's how Primal Groudon operates, set a Groudon up while you have a Carbink/ Wobbuffet in the active. It's a slow, but a pretty good deck, it's super good in Expanded with Tropical Beaches.
Steve is my ghetto Korrina backup since she rotated.
Professors letter is a must to get up to 4 energies on the Groudon. Also good with Scorched Earth.
Skyla is a all-star, deck is a toolbox, Skyla finds the right tool for the turn/ the next turn.
Assault Vest on Groudon, good luck OHKOing that.
>>
>had perfect hand 1st turn
>enemy uses N
>literally draw a hand of just energy

I... Holy fuck.
>>
>>28421834

hey guys.. does these new decks have returned to the shop? or I have bug? I though they removed them due to NB bug, but I have ninjaboy from booster pack & no new theme decks...
>>
>>28427636
they can be clutch, but the fact you need to play a full set of four makes them too bulky in terms of deck space. With Korrina gone from Standard, unless you have a deck that's running multiple Team Mates it's a bit of a waste. Which no deck should be. They become very hard to justify over other cards but people still like to try make them work.
>>
>>28428188
That's what you get for playing Typhlosion.
>>
>>28428403
Was running Garchomp.

I have 10 energy in my deck.
One of them was already attached to a pokemon in play since I went first.

I drew 2 strong energy and 4 fighting energy.
I was astounded.
>>
>>28427636
Between your 2-4 Shaymin and 4 Ultra Ball, Trainers' Mail, Skyla, and (last format) deck thinning/setup via Compressors, getting 2+ Puzzles in hand is very easy.
But it only has a place in decks that need to be able to pull unsearchables out of the discard as quickly as possible, mainly DCE decks like Night March or M Rayquaza.
It's not theorycraft, it has tournament results. Both Top 8 Masters Night March decks at Worlds ran 4, for example.
>>
>>28428454
That's the thing, it ONLY seems good in those decks like Night March and M Ray. And mainly in expanded and not standard where you can run shit like compressor to get rid of frivolous cards and this more likely to get the two in your hand.

Every other deck it seems to clog up space and will inevitably just cause you headache draws. But for some reason people love recommending to put four in every deck.
>>
Yo guys. I'm new to PTCGO and wanna start acquiring staples for my future decks. What can I get with one tradable XY base and XY Furious Fist pack? I had two codes laying around...
>>
>>28428441
Just caught some of the bad end of variance there then. Happens, but it's what makes card games unique.
>>
Help me improve my $300 meme deck.
>>
>>28428835
how did you spend $300 on that?
>>
>>28428835
>jolteon ex
>glaceon ex

is this deck just a meme or it is really good? I wish I had the packs for these cards
>>
>>28428882
I didn't. I bought a full collection from a kid leaving the game for $400. Sold 95% of it for $320 and kept this deck for myself. It retails for 320-330 on T&T. Lots of reverse holos in there.
>>
>>28428971
it's really only about a $200 deck to be fair, $220 at max
>>
>>28428888
Regice is the real MVP. It's a fun deck. Probably one of the most interactive in the game. If you can identify what your opponent is playing T1 or T2 and adjust accordingly (easy to do with basic meta knowledge), then you can have the correct Pokemon out and have the lockdown started T2.

Pokemon Ranger hurts a bit, but Ninja Boy also adds a lot to the deck.

Imo, Yanmega Break might be the worst matchup because it's immune to the lock, though Jolteon OHKO's it and their Shaymins, so it's not an auto-loss with careful play and good Lysandres.
>>
>>28429045
>Yanmega Break might be the worst matchup because it's immune to the lock
???
Glaceon???
>>
>>28428674
You cant get a nigger to rape you for those packs.

They are literally worthless, you are better off opening them and hoping you get an EX or something like that.

>>28428835
I did a similar deck.

My list was something like this:

3 Jolteon-EX
3 Glaceon-EX
2 Manaphy-EX
1 Shaymin-EX (Aroma of Gratitude)
1 Magearna-EX
1 Hoopa-EX
2 Shaymin-EX (Set Up)

4 Rainbow Energy
4 DCE
2 Electric Energy
3 Water Energy

2 Special Charge
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker

3 FFB
3 Rough Seas
1 Parallel City

4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Hex Maniac
2 Ninja Boy
1 Pokemon Ranger

Manaphy lets you retreat freely.
Magearna makes you immune to effects like Scizors where he can discard your DCE and you wont be able to attack next turn due to energy cost.
Shaymin-EX heasl 20 to all bench pokemon, add 30 of rough seas and all your pokemon get healed 50 every turn.

Rainbow Energy lets your pokemon have Manaphy and Magearna benefits at the same time, it also allows Magearna to be able to attack for a solid 130 with FFB, damage your deck lacks.
>>
>>28429045
>yanmega the worst

Nah, it's Scizor.
Scizor gets set up in 1-2 turns depending on how lucky they are with draws and once they're mega they can just OHKO literally your whole deck. You also can't do anything more than 3HKO their megas so they can stall out for hammers or ranger. Also if the game goes on too late they usually have a Cobalion to 2HKO or OHKO your whole deck.

I actually love fighting your deck with Scizor, as soon as I see the regice then I just wait for the draws.
>>
>>28429071
Barrier Break shuts off the lock
>>
File: IhtyKY3.jpg (276KB, 1317x809px) Image search: [Google]
IhtyKY3.jpg
276KB, 1317x809px
what would you change
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (643KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
643KB, 1920x1080px
>>28427852
Here's my current deck, I only have 1 Skyla, but seems cool to look for your ranger/hex when needed, might try vest too.
Trainer mail doesn't work that good in this deck.
>>
>notice how few people are teching in the Pokemon Ranger card they should be.
>start playing Galceon/Jolteon
>every deck now has multiple copies
ffs. if the devs weren't so incompetent I'd suspect they did this somehow.
>>
>>28429075
I keep meaning to get Rainbow Energy, but then I suppose I ditch Max Elixir.

My take on Rough Seas in this: ideally we shouldn't be taking any damage at all, so there shouldn't be any to heal. Therefore, I don't play any.
>>
>>28429176
>we shouldn't be taking any damage at all,
POKEMON RANGER OR LYSANDRE...

You will take damage.

FFB Is there so you can tank 1HKOS

Rough Seas and Shaymin-EX are there so you can heal back up so the Lysandres / Ranger + VS Seekers from the enemy aren enough to wear you down.
>>
>>28429141
the rainbow road part.
>>
>>28429112
Not all the Scizor players near me run Cobalion. In that case, I try to get out a lone Regice and coast to the win.

A common mistake with this deck is loading the bench. You need an active and then 1-2 on the bench good for that particular matchup.
>>
>>28428835
The only thing that could make this deck good is Ranger getting banned. Otherwise a waste of money/10.
>>
>>28429375
Pokemon Ranger just temporarily puts this deck on equal fighting with everything else (i.e. our Pokemon can actual take damage). However, opponents need to run that card and waste their supporter for the turn on it just to bring us down to their level (for one turn), so it's really all good.
>>
>>28429474
Equal footing*
>>
>>28429474
Yout just hit for 80....

They use ranger and 1HKO you....

You hit for 80....

They use Sycamore and 1HKO your bench.

Decks run 4 VS Seeker 1 Ranger and 2 Sycamore, enough to beat that deck.
>>
>>28429474
If they're using it then they're almost always KO'ing your mon and taking a prize. Ranger isn't supposed to just be used to "do damage". It's for the cinch KO.

>>28429312
If they don't run Cobalion and don't have hammers then they're doing it wrong and leaving themselves open to get run over by this meme deck.

I've actually decided to run 2 Cobalions in my deck recently just in case one of them gets prized or some shit.
>>
File: dewgong.jpg (60KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
dewgong.jpg
60KB, 430x600px
Dewgong from evolutions. It's shit.
>>
>>28429561
Have Regice in active, nothing or Octillery on bench, and drop an energy on Regice every turn is how I play that. Game over.
>>
>>28429697
Enjoy getting buttraped by Ranger and Hydreigon.
>>
>>28430645
>Hydreigon
I kek'd
>>
>>28430716
He obviously meant Hydreigon-EX, which ignores effect on the defending pokemon.
>>
new to the game what deck should i make first?
>>
>>28430741
Laughably absurd all the same
>>
>>28431010
Try the deck wizard in the game and build something around that.
>>
>>28429141
Wouldn't it be better to use Exp. Shares instead of Belts and Energy Keeper Carbink instead of Safegaurd Carbink? That way you might actually be able to attack more than once in a game.
>>
Help me build a competitive deck with 150 bucks from scratch, I've been slowly getting the core trainers, but I want to get an idea of how much it would cost.

Multiple options are greatly appreciated
>>
>>28431345
You could build Greninja under 150. The only expensive card is the BREAK which I think is like $15-$18. It does not require Shaymin. But the deck loses hard to Garbodor decks.

After that 150 will be you 2 Shaymin and not much else so you'll need to spend more money to get the EX's you'll need for your deck.
>>
>>28431043
Nice meme
>>
>>28431430
what would be a non-shaymin dependant budget-ish deck? ignoring the $150 limit.

Many people have told me that Greninja BREAK is my option but, as you stated, garbodor seems to be pretty common in nowadays decks.

I also don't really like water type pokemons so there's that.
>>
>>28431500
You said in your original post you wanted to build a competitive deck. Unfortunately there's no such thing as a competitive non-Shaymin-dependant budget deck.
>>
is it worth buying real cards for the digital codes if u mainly play online? i'm in Wales so I don't think there's much of a market online for real cards
>>
>>28431780
Just buy codes off people on ebay or amazon
>>
>>28431686
You can use Octillery until you can afford Shaymin EX
>>
>>28431780
I buy physical because I do both.
>>
>>28431780
tcgplayer ships international. Irish here. Have bought from them many times.
>>
>>28433501
Dont the shipping costs kill you?
>>
what the fuck deck am I supposed to use for dragon knockouts challenge? Standard seems to only have Giratina worth anything, and as soon as you are set up with that, people just concede before you can get KOs.
>>
>>28433547
Dragonite theme
>>
>>28433522
Not at all. Example last order:
Quantity: 39, Subtotal: $77.84, Shipping: $3.99, Sales Tax: $0.00, Total: $81.83
Maybe it was discount over a certain rate or something?

There is always ChaosCards if you want something local. I've only ever bought sealed there - not singles, so I can't vouch for condition.
>>
>>28433634
What. You bought 39 cards for 80 bux and paid 4 dollars shipping?. How anon. If i buy even 1 card from ebay its literaly 12 pounds shipping. Chaoscards i do buy my sealed from but Magicmadhouse on the other hand has terrible quality cards of singles.
>>
So anons help me out I´ve got 10 Gen packs + 1 AO pack.

Should I wait until SM comes out and make a standard deck. Playing until then with my expanded nightmarch tournaments etc.

or should I get now a new standard deck?
>>
File: 1417690777756.jpg (584KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1417690777756.jpg
584KB, 900x660px
Deck idea I wanna run by you lads:
3-3 Gallade/Mega Gallade
3-2-3 Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar BKT
1-1 Drifloon/Drifblim STS

Just doing a bit of damage to everyone at once. I know Yveltal Break is better at that but I don't have any. Thoughts?
>>
>>28431780
>Wales
Are you me? If you're in South Wales I can give you codes and cards.
>>
How do I into Fight Alone Memecario?
>>
>>28434392
I don't even remember. It was tcgplayer anyway, get the money card you're looking for then make sure you are buying the rest of the fodder from the same shop within - since they are only a handler website.

I have 25 credit with them from a pokebeach tournament so I might put together an order and see how it works. Maybe it was a one-off discount or something. But I don't think I've ever been hammered before either.
>>
>>28435922
it'll be fine for the client, but not competitive enough for tournaments.
>>
>>28433029
No, you can't.
>>
>>28438095

You can in Greninja decks, they're dependent on Dive and Level Balls than Ultra Ball.
>>
>>28438208
>using octillery in greninja deck

Yeah, nah.
Hell, using Shaymeme in Greninja deck is highly questionable.
No one in masters literally ran either, it slows down your deck too much.
>>
Just started out, bought the Greninja and the Articuno/Salamence decks. I have about 700 tokens left, what should I spend it on to get an entry level competitive deck?
>>
>>28438392

Shaymin doesn't slow down your deck in Greninja. You don't run it because the idea is that you're making sure your opponent has to take 6 knockouts.
>>
>I just lost to a deck wizard muh op ex deck

I need to reevaluate my life.
>>
>>28438208
Greninja is the only notable example. Which I did mention here: >>28431430
And like I mentioned Greninja is mediocre.
>>
>>28435936
Yeah i'm in South Wales bro...Ponty area
>>
do you get boosters for doing easy trainer challenge?
>>
>>28440034

Yes but it's slower than doing the harder "difficulties."
>>
anyone have complete 1st edition sets? i've got all the commons/uncs for team rocket but thats it
>>
Why are the events down? It says to check out the forums but there is nothing..
>>
File: 4zhS7lX.png (191KB, 371x673px) Image search: [Google]
4zhS7lX.png
191KB, 371x673px
why did it break?
>>
>>28441844
all of my decks are broken outside of theme decks
??
>>
>>28440951
They took them down with the emergency maint but never explained why.
>>
>taking forever to complete my challenges because people keep conceding before I can knock out their pokemon
Why are people such pricks?
>>
File: 1471138771907.png (200KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
1471138771907.png
200KB, 570x658px
"Wow this starting hand is terrible, I only had one basic Pokémon. But at least I can just N it away."
>Plays N
>Draws the exact same hand as before, including my second N
>>
>>28443025
The game has a legit issue with drawing Unown off of an Unown.
>>
>>28443025
You could have the alternative that happened to me today:

>"Wow this hand sucks ass, it's all helpers and I literally need one energy to win this game"
>Use Sycamore
>Get elixers, vs seekers, and sycamore
T-thanks.
>>
It really sucks testing deck flow out when every game you start a Shaymin and clump all your cards together. Just ran into 9 energy before a Max Elixir.
>>
>>28442968
>why won't people sit around and wait for me to jerk off on their faces
I can't imagine.
>>
File: Froakie chilling.png (150KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
Froakie chilling.png
150KB, 370x370px
>>28443417
I think I actually did experience this feel earlier, but it was so traumatic that I suppressed the experience.

Some other spicy card memes I've encountered today are:
>Super Rod, VS Seeker, and Sycamore in starting/post-N/post-Sycamore hand in several different matches
>All three Gardevoir EX in my Despair Ray deck are prize cards
>Vital Hex Maniac/Pokémon Ranger is the last prize card
>All six prize cards are energy cards, leaving almost no energy in my deck
>Hoopa EX as only starting basic
>>
>>28442968
>Opponent sets up maximum sweep
>Nothing that can save you
>Opponent is taking forever fucking about with his trainers instead of attacking and getting it over with
>Concede
>>
>>28442968
have you tried talking to people? Most people are cool and less likely to fold if you even send a good luck dude at the start. if you are just a silent stranger well I'd fold too.
>>
What's the general concensus on an Ariados/Croagunk deck?

Managed to get my hands on a few of both recently.

Also, to the dudes running Garbodor: Do you design the deck around Garb, or just slot it into an existing deck concept and hope it works out?
>>
File: mydad.jpg (387KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
mydad.jpg
387KB, 1944x2592px
Ho-Oh EX Decklist

15x PkMn

4x Ho-Oh EX (Purifying Fire/Elemental Feather)
2x White Kyurem (Burning Icicles/Blizzard Burn)
3x Lugia (Pressure/Intensifying Burn)
2x remoraid (ion blast)
2x octillery (abyssal hand)
2x smeargle (second coat)

32x Trainer

4x Puzzle of Time
4x Prof. Sycamore
3x VS Seeker
2x Float Stone
2x N
1x AZ
1x Xerosic
2x Battle Compressor
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Fisherman
1x Delinquent
4x Max Elixir
1x Town Map
1x Ultra Ball
1x Teammates
1x Team Flare Grunt
2x Pokemon Center Lady

13x Energy

1x Double Colorless
1x Rainbow Energy
3x Basic Water
3x Basic Grass
3x Basic Electric
2x Basic Fire

halp
>>
>>28444804
>What's the general concensus on an Ariados/Croagunk deck?
What about it? It's not going to kill anything, the way Raticate BREAK can. Either way relying on Poison is just a meme in this format.

>to the dudes running Garbodor
If the deck doesn't rely on abilities, it can fit Gabordor; e.g. M Scizor, M Mewtwo, Darkrai/Giratina, etc.

>>28444836
I think we went over this a few threads ago. This list is all over the place, has no focus, no win-con, all-in-all garbage.
>>
>>28444836
Are you going to listen to the advice we give you this time?
>>
>>28444894
as long as it's reasonable (price-wise)

don't recommend shaymemes
>>
>>28444893
If you actually read the list there's a lot changed since last time, don't just start off aggressively like that.
>>
>>28444893
it beat a fully stocked greninja break in best 3 out 5 and a fully stocked fairy toolbox worth at least 30 RS. It definitely has win potential when it's in my hands; I'm just looking for advice.
>>
>>28444938
>t-thanks senpai
>>
>>28444938
Nothing important has changed. It's still 3 arbitrary attackers, that share no synergy with each other, a bunch of random trainers, one of which isn't even Standard legal anymore (but hey at least you took out the banned card, good work), and an umbrella of random energy at random ratios (1 DCE? 1 Rainbow?)

If you want to build a Ho-oh EX you're going to need better energy acceleration than Max Elixir. I used M Manectric EX last format and it worked out pretty well, most of the time. M Manectric/Ho-oh also didn't do too bad at States.

>>28444945
Anything has win potential on the client when it's played by mostly children.
>>
>>28445068
This was in real life with intelligent adults.
>>
>>28445068
I appreciate the help anon! Your delivery could use some work but a bit of it was somewhat useful.
>>
>>28445068
Also if I ever catch you saying Ho Oh and Lugia share no synergy I will find you and rip the small plums you love to fondle to delphox hentai straight from your semen drenched neckbeard paws
>>
>>28444836
>Ho-Oh deck
>no AO Volcarona
>>
>>28444836
>>28444911
For starters then, is this an expanded list since it includes Compressor and AZ? Or is it a standard list that just happens to have compressor and AZ in it? (Those rotated out as of ~2 weeks ago). If that's the case, well, there's your announcement that it's rotated out.

I'd get rid of Pokemon Center Lady since you already have healing. Fighting Fury Belt buffs Ho-Oh's HP so it doesn't just get OHKO'd. Professor's Letter can get the specific energies you need into your hand. Winona can search you a combination of Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Smeargle in one card.
If you're gonna play Delinquent, you want to play it with a stadium so it's not dead in matchups that don't run a stadium. Toss in a Parallel City or a Faded Town to give you a better matchup against certain decks.

>>28445068
For the sake of things though, it's a fuckton better than it was before when it was 16 arbitrary EXes, at least now it has a focus on Ho-Oh and a decent pool of 4 Sycamore/2 N/actual Vs Seekers/Draw Power. You saw that list. Actually taking some of the advice suggested to improve the deck should be noted.
>>
>>28445228
you are the reason I still come to 4chan

all these other neckbeards are less than productive. Thanks a bunch
>>
File: IMG_4486.jpg (1MB, 2635x2382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4486.jpg
1MB, 2635x2382px
Hey friends, I was wondering if I could get some pointers to help finish up a pet project of mine I'm really excited about. After playing a decent chunk of the Pokemon TCG Online, I decided I wanted to get into the physical TCG. To celebrate my new hobby, I started working on a Full Art/Holofoil Volcanion EX deck. You've probably seen me post this ~1-2 times before in the generals, so sorry if it's getting old. I'll avoid posting further about it.

There's a few things I needed help with, if anybody was willing to add their two cents.

>Which sleeves would be the best to use for this deck?
I've got KMC Perfect Size and KMC Hyper Matte sleeves headed my way for double-sleeving, but I'm wondering if there's a better option. From what I've heard, though, they're pretty fucking dope.

>I've been thinking of adding x1 Energy Reset. Is that a good idea, and if so, which card do you think would be worth swapping out for it?
This deck feels really lacking currently, and there's a few changes I KNOW it needs, I just can't put my finger on it. I'm going to my first physical event soon, so maybe I'll just have to figure it out then.
>>
>>28444836
I'd swap Lugia for something like Volcanion or Palkia-EX that helps set up your attackers. I like to use Brigitte in basic-heavy decks but I don't know if it's very efficient.
>>
>>28445439
Yeah, KMC is probably the best sleeves if you don't want any designs or anything. At least ever since Dragon Shield started using lower quality material to lower the prices on their sleeves. Ultrapro has always been budget "good for a few months, maybe a few years depending on how much you play" sleeves.

Max Elixirs could probably fit well into your deck given all the basics you run and the large number of basic energies. Maybe a Skyla for all your one-ofs?
>>
>>28445439
Remove 1 Scorched Earth and add 1 Parallel City to get rid of your Shaymins / Hoopa and increase the odds of winning a M-Ray matchup.
>>
>>28445337

>other neckbeards
>4chan 2016
>/vp/

lol
>>
>>28443025
>Play N/sycamore
>Get worse hand than before, more energies and no supporter cards or nothing I need

>Get a good hand
>Opponent uses N turn 1
>Then get a shit hand

Or the best
>Card I need is a prize card
>>
File: Screenshot_20160911-194224.png (346KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160911-194224.png
346KB, 1080x1920px
Who the fuck would buy this code lot with rotated codes famalam
>>
File: tumblr_o3jjygt4VN1v68t0mo5_500.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3jjygt4VN1v68t0mo5_500.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>28445654
Oh shit, I didn't even think about using it to discard Shaymin & Hoopa. That's great, thanks.

>>28445641
Right on, I appreciate the tips. I've seen a lot of people push for Max Elixirs in this sort of deck, I just don't know what I'd replace with them.
>>
First deck I made (using the cards I had), how can I improve this with easily obtainable cards?
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Articuno ROS 16
* 1 Articuno ROS 17
* 4 Froakie BKP 38
* 4 Frogadier BKP 39
* 4 Greninja BKP 40

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Rare Candy DEX 100
* 1 Judge UL 78
* 2 N DEX 96
* 2 Shauna PHF 104
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Steven ROS 90
* 1 Fisherman HS 92
* 3 Tierno PHF 107
* 1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 1 Town Map BCR 136
* 3 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 1 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 12 Water Energy Energy 3

Total Cards - 60
>>
>>28446027
prepare for your neck to be shat down
>>
>>28446027
get 3 greninja breaks, maybe 1 more rough seas
>>
>>28446027
>>28446027
4 vs seekers MINIMUM

4 Sycamore MINIMUM
>>
File: Hooh.jpg (229KB, 933x579px) Image search: [Google]
Hooh.jpg
229KB, 933x579px
>>28445337
I need sleep and made this in about 5 minutes. I in no way shape for form clam that it is good.

It's hard to tell but those are the grass Larvesta so you can try and forest a Volcarona turn 1.

Buy Shaymin
>>
>>28446355
>3-3 volcarona instead of 2-2

>lugia in a deck without DCE
>>
Why the fuck does this game constantly give me Shaymin/Hoopa + 6 things that can't draw starting hands? Two game sin a row with 4 DCE in there, what are those odds?
>>
>>28446027

Start with the staples seen in op. Birch, Shauna, steven, and Teino are ass.

Articuno 16 is the one with find ice. Not particularly useful in a greninja break deck. You have professor's letter is arguable better than using find ice for three energy then ending your turn. Articuno 17 is the one with the ancient trait, takes three turns to charge and has has a retreat of 2 so again not particularly useful. I would take these pokemon out if you get some better cards.If you can't take them out then add some float stones.

Get greninja break if you can.
>>
File: good maybe.png (573KB, 1255x715px) Image search: [Google]
good maybe.png
573KB, 1255x715px
was this any good?
>>
Shutting down Rainbow Road with Trev break is the funniest shit.
>>
>>28447921
Seems a bit ok but I do think there could've been a better deal
>>
>>28447921
Not a good deal tbqh famalam
>>
File: ShamanEX.png (63KB, 597x163px) Image search: [Google]
ShamanEX.png
63KB, 597x163px
>>28447921
No.

Shaymin = 22 RS

21 FC = 7RS
2 GEN = 1.3 RS
9 BP = 3 RS
3 PF = 3 RS
3 PS = 2 RS
3 BC = 2.25 RS
3 SS = 1.5 RS
2 FF = 0,4 RS
1 PF = 0,5 RS

Total 21 RS

You should ask for single booster pack trades to get good trades.

Just wait for some faggot to open a couple of booster boxes and rip him off like pic related.
>>
Why havent PHF packs spiked in price?

They are the only decent way to get VS Seeker and they arent in the shop anymore.
>>
>>28448939
Years of grooming by TCs to lower its price despite it being one of the most important packs from the last two formats.
>>
>>28444804
>Do you design the deck around Garb, or just slot it into an existing deck concept and hope it works out?
He works best in decks that don't need abilities (obviously) after the initial set-up rush. That said, he's in Darkrai/Tina a lot, and I've played some idiots with my Mega deck that turn off their own Tina protection. So just be aware of that.

The second thing I've seen people screw up on, is putting him in decks where you wouldn't already have float stone. Like there's no point putting him in a Raichu/Vespi combo where now you have to add 2 stones that you weren't using anyway. Put him in a deck that has two stones already, and add a third stone along with your 2-2 line rather than fucking shit up. Put him where it makes sense to put him.
>>
File: image.png (344KB, 670x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
344KB, 670x460px
Have we talked about this yet?
>>
>>28439847
I walk my dog in the park there on weekends, it's chill. There's loads of tcg events happening in the area, you should check them out
>>
>>28449344
Its shit.
>>
>>28449487
spotted the guy who doesn't like pancakes.
>>
>>28449487
I didnt frickin ask, you dummy!
>>
Oh shit time to do my second IRL booster opening, did first one about a week ago (12xSS (Elite trainer box) and 4 Breakpoints and got only 1 EX) here as well and had fairly bad luck, this time I got:
12 x Pokemon: XY Fates Collide Booster
12 x Pokemon: XY BreakPoint Booster

These boosters were the only ones left from where I could buy some and I didn't want to buy only 1 type of booster so that's why I bought FC's as well, also will post pulls after, wish me luck.
>>
There's no trade button on my cards. Can someone help?
>>
>>28449474
Glad to hear there's a scene here I'll have a look though I mainly plan to play online
>>
>>28449344
Pretty rubbish GX move. 210 damage is amazing, 210 damage for five energy is great, 210 damage for five energy once per game is meh.
>>
>>28451204
Thank you for being the first person to realize the energy cost isn't unreasonable.
The main advantage is the 180 move, which is enough to KO non-Mega things before Belt. The 210 is mainly for hitting post-belt and undercurve Megas.
You're also probably going to run it with Hypno, which can sack games for you.
If they reprint Megaphone, this might not be a bad card in any DCE+Elixer deck.
>>
>>28451105
They're probably tradelocked.
>>
>>28451236
>Thank you for being the first person to realize the energy cost isn't unreasonable
Mega Mewtwo makes any pokemon with 4 or more energy cost unusable.

>The main advantage is the 180 move, which is enough to KO non-Mega things before Belt.

By the time you charge up those 5 energies you probably already lost the game.

>You're also probably going to run it with Hypno, which can sack games for you.
Garbodor
>>
>>28451389
>Mega Mewtwo makes any pokemon with 4 or more energy cost unusable.
>By the time you charge up those 5 energies you probably already lost the game.
Giratina, all of Fire and Waterbox, and even M Mewtwo itself prove this is objectively wrong

>Garbodor
>If they reprint Megaphone, this might not be a bad card in any DCE+Elixer deck.
>reading

No one said Snorlax was a good card. Try to analyze a card objectively without trying to force a shitflinging match next time.
>>
File: WP_20160912_10_30_15_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160912_10_30_15_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>28450829
Much better than last time, not the best ex's but I'll take it, on top of pic related I got whole bunch of good trainer/item cards, special energies etc. Also solid non-ex pokes like Carbinks, Greninja etc.
>>
File: 1472673050791.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1472673050791.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>28451885
Holy shit my online pulls tho:
-Greninja Break
-Audino EX
-Scizor EX normal and Full Art
-2 different FA Alakazam EX's and Mega Alakazam FA
-2 Garbodors
>>
Is 36 packs (from booster box) enough to trade for cards to make a semi competitive deck?
>>
>>28452363
No.

Shaymin is worth 44 packs and every deck needs at least 2.

The only deck you can MAYBE manage to make with 36 packs is Greninja BREAK, but its quite shitty in the current meta.
>>
>>28452411
fuck shaymin I would rather just not play until that bullshit rotates
it'll go with next year's standard right?
>>
>>28452479
Yes.
Next year in September.

Even then, after that there will be another "bullshit" expensive card taking its place.

If you cant deal with that play something else.
>>
>>28452531
well by then I would probably have a lot more resources to be able to compete. it doesn't seem worth it right now, I'll just stick to dumb theme decks and not play too seriously
>>
>>28452555
If you are not a dumb moron you can get enough packs to get two Shaymins in less than a month.
>>
>>28452604
that isn't possible for me so I guess I'm a dumb moron
>>
>>28452650
You already have 36 packs.

In one month you can get around 4800 Tokens and 100 tickets.

With the tokens you can get 24 Roaring Skies packs from the store and its likely you will ge AT LEAST 1 Shaymin.

With the Tokens you can enter 25 theme tournaments and if you play with XY Basic Blue you will end up with around 40 packs if you dont fuck up.

Thats enoguh to make any tier 1 deck you want.

But its easier to resign yourself to mediocrity pathetic loser.
>>
I have 37 packs of Roaring Skies. Is it worth getting a Shaymin EX if I don't have one? I've done alright so far without it. How big of a difference does it actually make? And should I get one FA, or one RA and keep the remaining packs for a second RA?
>>
>>28453012
Entirely depends on your deck. Most decks benefit from having one, some decks won't see any use.
>>
>>28453134
I use a few different decks. Despair Ray M Gard, M Scizor, Regice/Glaceon, Xerneas BREAK, A Zygarde/Regirock mess, and some slight variations of those. Mainly play M Gardevoir, which I think might benefit from Shaymin, but I honestly have no idea. I just make a bunch of decks and they sometimes work for me.
>>
Save the thread. They are shitposting a storm
>>
>>28454366
I don't think we'll be able to, every bit of news seems to warrant 30 new threads about the same fucking thing because the mods don't give a single shit.
>>
File: 1468844524769.jpg (46KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1468844524769.jpg
46KB, 600x662px
Fug
>>
When do you think the Sun and Moon cards will get released? February?
>>
>>28454923

Yup, Feb for the first Sun and Moon set.
>>
>>28454923
Sets are released once every 3 months.

SS was released in August.
Evolutions will be released in November
SM1 will be released in February.
SM2 will be released in May.
SM3 will be released in August.
PC, RS, AO and DC will rotate in september.
SM4 will be released in November.

Chances are we will see a good replacement for Shaymin in SM3 or SM4.
>>
>>28455116
>>28455022
Neat, thanks.
>>
File: 2016-09-12 14.05.45.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-12 14.05.45.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
1/2 came in the mail today! Very happy with them.
>>
File: 2016-09-12 14.06.20.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-12 14.06.20.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
>>28457243
>>
>only play PTCGO
>buy Victini collection for colelction purposes
>draw M Scizor-EX
>local card store doesn't buy Pokemon cards anymore

Fug
>>
So, how many copies of Gardevoir EX and its Mega should I run in a deck dedicated to it?

Is 4 of each pushing it and I should tone it down to 3 each or is having 4 fine?

Additionally, with Aromatisse rotating out, what other kind of mons would be good to run?

Currenlty using 4 Gardevoir-EX. 4 M-Gardevoir-EX, 3 Geomancy Xerneas, 1 Xerneas EX and 2 Clavion as my Pokemon base.
>>
>>28457290
E-series cards look so comfy
>>
these not exciting leaks are gonna push us to page ten.
>>
>This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

Wait, will Sparkling Tail ignore Regice's Resistance Blizzard effect?

>During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX.
>>
>>28459978
Yes
>>
How do I change the game resolution? It goes in my taskbar a bit.
I remember reading about something to speed up the game. What was it about?

I's new.
>>
>>28460298
Options -> Settings -> Video.
>>
>>28459251
I ran 3-3 for a while, with 3 Geomancy Xerneas. Pushed it up to 4-4 with the same amount of Xerneas. 2-2 for Octillery which I'll drop when I get Shaymin, I guess. That's for Despair Ray Xerneas. I haven't put Klefki in there simply because I figured I could do with less Pokemon.
I also had 3-3 Brilliant Arrow, 3 Geomancy Xerneas, and 2 Xerneas BREAK. It hit hard, and usually pretty quickly, but you lose a card and the energy attached to it, you lose a decent chunk of power, and it can very easily turn against you.

I do have a Florges/Despair Ray Gardevoir deck that works surprisingly well. 1 energy for Despair Ray, and if I can get both Florges out (I normally do), 1 energy to confuse and damage. Doesn't really elevate it much, but it's still fun.
>>
>>28460384
Even the smallest resolution goes into the taskbar a bit sadly.
>>
>Multiple Ultra Beasts confirmed in CoroCoro

I wonder how they would be worked into the TCG.
>>
>>28460548
What the fuck is an ultra beast?
>>
>>28460548
Probably as supporters or some kind of new cards depending on what they actually do in the game.

If they're boss fights as speculated, they would make cool stadiums.
>>
>>28439847
Nice more welsh people, I live in Cardiff.
>>
>>28460506
Try full screen and switch between windows with alt+tab?

Also, you can probably force desirable resolution in your graphical driver settings.
>>
>>28433634
Chaos Cards never seem to have the code cards I want, and I don't want to risk Ebay. I just stick with buying physical packs.
Finding Roaring Skies here is fucking impossible though.
>>
>>28460638
the latest gimmick to be added to the DS games. It will be relevant for maybe two genrations and then tossed aside.
>>
Is the server offline or just here?
>>
What should I be offering if I want these cards:
4 Talonflame STS, 4 Riolu FCO, 4 Lucario FCO, 1 Buddy Buddy Rescew, 4 PokePuff, 4 Puzzle, 1 Super Rod, 1 Pokemon Ranger, 2 Silent Lab

Would 1 ROS + 1 PRC + 1 BKP be a good deal?
>>
>>28462444
Sounds about right.

You could probably put all the commons and uncommons in smaller lots.
>>
>>28464012
this

The thread is dying.
>>
Just bought a few binders, how should I organise my cards lads?
>>
>>28464371
By the weight of each pokemon.
>>
Does there exist a card that could have benefited from being a dual type more than this guy?
>>
>>28464171
It's a weekday and new pokemon news came out.

It's always been a fairly slow thread regardless.

I'm still buttflustered that I've lost around 3 or so games today because I literally need ONE energy within my 14 or so remaining deck or a Sycamore but I draw into nothing.
>>
How much is a Forest Breath Celebi worth? Seen 11+ packs, not sure if I should trade it or not
>>
>>28464844
Do people seriously follow /just/ the TCG?
>>
>>28465389
Not who you replied to, but yes to your question.

Former MTG pro here, this game is soft as hell and immensely easier. I don't particularly care about pokemon but the TCG is great. There's arguably more room for deck creation/innovation and good play is generally rewarded over playing the better net deck (unlike MTG).

Without delving into a different topic entirely, I can also tell you that there is real money to be made within ptcgo, unlike MTGO.
>>
Popplio – Water – HP60
[W] Sing: Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Asleep.

Now ill be impressed if it DOESN'T evolve into that water/fary mermaid.
>>
>>28466772
I'm just saying this ability might be one of the most annoying for a starting basic I've seen for just one colored energy.

If the final evo isn't utter dog shit, then I can see Popplio being decent.
>>
>>28466772
Where did you get that info?
>>
>>28465389

I'm trying to avoid S&M news like the plague because I want my playthrough to be completely blind. It's impossible to do but I've been trying.
>>
>>28451124
>>28460754
Cardiff and Swansea have competitive tcg scenes with some decent players. A few SR ultra balls going around too which is crazy for such a relatively poor area
>>
>>28466915
It was some poster on /vp/ who seemed to have gotten it from somewhere else.

For reference another thread:
>>28467565
>>
>>28468011
> somewhere else
Pokebeach, dumbass
>>
>>28452767
>With the Tokens you can enter 25 theme tournaments and if you play with XY Basic Blue you will end up with around 40 packs if you dont fuck up.
whenever ive looked at tournaments the theme ones always take tickets not tokens when do the token ones happen?
>>
>alt tab and look at dumb shit
>tab back in turns out i started a match and skipped my turn
>>
>>28459978
Yes, it's part of a group of EX cards that are above EX cards, and thus get a free pass over their counter cards. Because, fuck it, they don't even want to pretend that they don't favor EXs anymore.
>>
>>28469618
Ampharos EX is not a good card.
>>
>>28469618
>ampharos
>good

Shit is mad mediocre, also it's evolution doesn't get the pass.

The issue is when megas like mega mewtwo can get a pass.
>>
>>28469618
Ampharos is not even that good, stop talking bs.
>>
>>28469722
>>28469685
tfw ampharos is favorite pokemon
is there a mega ampharos thats good?
will he always be shit in everything?
>>
>>28469818

>is there a mega ampharos thats good?

Nope

>will he always be shit in everything?

Until the end of time

>tfw most of the Pokemons that I like from Gen 2 have Mega forms but their EXs are terrible
>>
>>28469913
at least he isnt as bad as ledyaba
ledyaba is also trash in the tcg right?
>>
>>28469913
Hey, I'm in a complicated relationship with my favorite mons to be honest.

>garchomp is THE MAN in games
>in the TCG he's... eh niche tier. basically a meme deck in expanded

>mawile is literally trashcan'ish tier because she's LMAO so random coinflips
She could've been saved by making her attack ALWAYS take one energy and the second a coinflip.

Oh and shaymeme is actually one of my favorite mons, but he's in the limelight ever since SS.
>>
any ideas on a dark deck I can use to complete the daily challenge? I have no EX dark pokemon, and the only theme deck with dark pokemon I have is terrible (didn't get dark hammer).
>>
>>28471016
What's the challenge?
>>
>>28471514
defeat 12 pokemon
>>
>>28471016
>Build whatever
>Concede everytime you're in a no win scenario
>Eventually be matched up with people with similarly junky decks
>Win
>>
>>28471016
You at least have zoroark?
>>
>>28471599

I actually got a bunch of dark pokemon:

Absol
Pangoro
Zorua
Zoroark
Malamar
Vullaby (no mandibuzz)
Sneasel
Scraggy

>>28471578
might as well do that
>>
File: shitdeck.jpg (224KB, 932x591px) Image search: [Google]
shitdeck.jpg
224KB, 932x591px
>>28471920
This is the deck I did the dark challenges with.

Malamar is hilarious.
>>
>>28472289
Awesome! I will check it out, many thanks!
>>
Shaymin EX prices are getting even higher, what the fuck?

Is there no stop to this?
>>
>>28475609

Unless TPCi decides to release a Shaymin EX Tin which would probably sold out in 5 seconds before Pre-Order is up, Shaymin EX will probably be the most expensive Non-Promo Standard legal Pokemon card ever (surpassing Luxray GL Lv.X in its hayday)
>>
Why are you retards saying AZ and battle compressor rotated out of standard? Check the database....
>>
>>28476069
Go to bed son
>>
>>28475811
I know the possibilities of a reprint or a tin are very slim.

What I meant to ask is why is this fucking thing going so high? I'm just getting started on the game after I watched worlds on twitch.

Since then the card went from 30 bucks to 70 on the RA one.
>>
We're never getting Crobat, Arcanine and Mandibuzz Break are we. Not that I care, but it's kind of weird.
>>
>>28476182
Mega Ray is supposed to be BDIF, and it uses 4 shaymin
>demand goes up

more people are getting into tcg after watching worlds (like you) and they want to make decent decks
>demand goes up

start of the season and you can pick up ez championship points at league challenges
>demand goes up
>>
>>28476182
Because it's in every deck, and so it's getting a lot of sales. the more a card sells, the more it will cost.

It's not that good, really, You just draw a couple of extra cards that you could've drawn with one of a billion trainers and placing it in your bench is just asking for a lysandre followed by a OHKO and free prizes for your opponent.

Really, it's a good card that's being overestimated by the people netdecking.
>>
>>28476415
>It's not that good, really

find me better burst draw support that doesn't rely on a coin flip or take up your supporter slot newfriend
>>
>>28476177
So are you saying the database is out of date by 2 weeks? You guys don't make much sense..
>>
>>28476415
This is exactly how I feel about the card.
It's been stated in multiple articles and posts I've been lurking to learn the game why it's so good.(like >>28476509 )
But I still fail to see how broken it is.

Should I just get it now before it keeps going up, wait for it to (never) go down or just play the booster pack lottery to get it?

I feel kinda silly stressing over 2 copies of a card when I still don't even finish getting the core trainers that I've been getting slowly at good prices.
>>
>>28476415
>not that good
Go click the Legacy format tab and play some games there. Enjoy.
>>
>>28476509
I meant it's not THAT good. As in, you don't need it in every single deck that has it.
>>
Someone tell me why the database says AZ and Battle Compressor are Standard Legal?
>>
>>28476541
it's not broken, more of extremely useful in many situations

doesn't take up your supporter so you can play it multiple times per turn
can search with ultra ball / hoopa / fan club if you want to play that meme

>>28476587
of course you don't need it, but good luck getting set up faster than a deck that does run it
>>
>>28476617
Incompetence on TPCi's part like most of the things involved with the TCG.

Basically with how Pooka was doing a better job promoting their game enough to where they hired him, I haven't expected competence from them in a long time.
>>
>>28476679
Thanks for the info, a friend and I were in a dispute regarding legality of standard play for certain cards. Do you know where I can find an up to date list?
>>
>>28476767
anything in the sets primal clash and forward
>>
>>28476541
For the sake of things, the game has so much search and draw power that even a single Shaymin EX in your deck can be played 9 out of 10 games that it doesn't get prized
>>
>>28476767
Bulbapedia should have a list of legal sets and promos, you just kind of have to look through the links.

Pokebeach doesn't update in a timely manner either because they just assume everyone knows what cards are in which sets already.
>>
Why the fuck didn't Steven's text say any energy? He'd go from one of the worst supporters to one of the best.
>>
>>28477573
Because searching a DCE, DDE or Strong energy would be a bit too good given how easily basic energies are attachable from the deck/discard.
>>
Tier list by Andrew Wamboldt (http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/09/11/2016-2017-early-season-pokemon-tcg-standard-tier-list/)

T1:
1. Vespiquen
2. Rainbow Road
3. Xerneas BREAK/Giratina EX
4. M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor

T2:
5. M Scizor EX/Garbodor
6. Volcanion/Volcanion EX
7. M Gardevoir EX (PRC/STS)/Xerneas BREAK
8. M Gardevoir EX (STS)
9. M Rayquaza EX (Colorless)
10. Darkrai EX/Giratina EX

T3+:
M Audino EX
Greninja BREAK/Talonflame
Yveltal/Zoroark
Yveltal EX
Zygarde EX Stuff
Vileplume/Ninja Boy
M Sceptile EX
M Alakazam EX
Primal Groudon EX
Primal Kyogre EX
Magnezone
>>
>>28477731
Pretty much on point, although I do disagree with the prospect of Vespiquen in the new format. No Muscle Band, everyone's running Parallel City, Unown and Klefki will die to Garbodor if not resolved quickly, and no, I don't believe Ultra Ball and Sycamore are adequate Compressor replacements. And to boot, nothing in this format is weak to Grass.

I think there's plenty to be debated about the other decks as well. Is Xerneas BREAK not being an EX worth the trade off over Darkrai EX having access to Fighting Fury Belt? Is Mega Scizor going to be lower than M Mewtwo? Is it even worth it to play PRC M Garde when Xerneas BREAK is arguably better?

Lots of questions this format. But I think all of the decks listed are great places to start for regionals testing. And ultimately we won't know for certain what the tiers will shake out to be until we get some real results.
>>
>>28477731
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/09/11/2016-2017-early-season-pokemon-tcg-standard-tier-list/
>tfw unpacked rainbow road yesterday
guess thatll be the deck i try to make
>>
>>28477731
Pretty accurate, but Vespiquen isn't that good by any stretch. Without BC it's too clumpy with any partner and it struggles to reach the damage it needs way too often.
>>
>>28478753
Also Karen flat out murders the deck. And it'll be out before regionals.
>>
>>28477731
Is Rainbow Road really THAT good? It's popular, yes, but I have yet to lose against it with my mediocre T2 deck.

We don't even have Karen yet, and Vespiquen is already kinda shit, why is it T1?

Also, I think Scizor definitely should be T1.
>>
>>28479131
maybe the people youre playing against are bad?
>>
Well, that makes 4 Jolteon-EXs now.
>>
>>28479231
Probably, but I don't feel like Rainbow Road can do so much better, unlike other tiered decks where bad players really stand out.
>>
>>28479443
>binder guy
Welcome back
>>
>>28479468

It's good to be back, my friend.

It's also nice to see Night March out of Standard.
>>
File: d7SgkZN.png (999KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
d7SgkZN.png
999KB, 1366x768px
>>28472289
finished! it didn't take long though, thanks again for the deck!
>>
File: SM_Pikachu_New_Friends.jpg (139KB, 979x447px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Pikachu_New_Friends.jpg
139KB, 979x447px
It seems that not only GX get new card frame design, neat.
>>
popplio has sing

what moves does pikachu have?
>>
>>28479131
Having tried both M Ray and Xerneas, I would say the latter is harder to shut down. It can still hit for up to 190 even with Parallel City in the right circumstances
>>
>>28480967
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/pikachu-new-friends-product-image
>>
>play 10 energy
>don't see one until 15 cards left in deck
>3 Max Elixirs fail
>none ended up being prized

Cool shuffling.
>>
>>28478137
>>28478753
>>28479131

Vespiquen is pretty good. I played a dozen games with it today and only lost three. The first two losses were my first two games, both of which I misplayed heavily in. You don't really need to hit the super high damage numbers right off the bat. You almost always can hit 110 on turn 2/3, which is good enough to lysandre a shaymin. If that's not in the cards, sky returning with a shaymin of your own will usually put anything in KO range. It's certainly not as fast or as strong as it was previously, but it doesn't need to be.
>>
>>28481822
what's ur vespiquen deck?
>>
>>28481572
>>don't see one until 15 cards left in deck
How did you even make it that far with no energy??
>>
File: vespiquen.png (954KB, 1121x697px) Image search: [Google]
vespiquen.png
954KB, 1121x697px
>>28481855

This is it right now. I had Raichu in it earlier. The secondary attacker isn't too important. It depends a lot on what you're seeing. A lot of people were limiting me to 3 pokemon with parallel city for reasons I couldn't explain, so I subbed it out for Zoroark.
>>
>>28481880
Bad luck.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (228KB, 1248x828px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
228KB, 1248x828px
>>28482032
this is mine
all the pokemon are meant to tank until i draw something good
i guess it can use some work
i'm 3W3L on this deck
>>
>>28482032
An example of a good, coherent deck.

>>28482269
An example of the opposite.

Either way Karen will be the end of this discard*damage meme once and for all.
>>
is despair ray MGard shit or not shit?
>>
>>28482269
jesus fuck. Rather than putting in fodder to wait for something good.. why not put in more good things to hit sooner?
>>
>>28483589
I think it's basically only good due to the meta right now. Weak to uncommon steel type, psychic type hits Mewtwo for OHKO so it can't damage change, Fairy type hits Giratina once you turn abilities off, 110 OHKOs Vespiquen, and Rayquaza seems like an even matchup since you can run parallel city all day. Most of that for only [F] [C] and maybe 1 tribute(of a shaymin so they can't snipe it)

It's good in theory for being what Manectric was last format(cheap 110 attack that happens to hit the meta hard), minus the energy acceleration.
>>
>pc is shit and randomly shuts off
>superfar ahead in tourny game
>comeback and ive lost at least 2 turns and my gallade is kod
i just wanted tickets no i get shitty consolation prize
>>
>>28484239
also is it worth keeping the uncommon reward chests for trades or should i just open them
>>
>>28482476
What does Karen even do?
>>
File: clutched.png (2MB, 1898x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clutched.png
2MB, 1898x1080px
>when you have 1 card left in the deck and only 1 energy on your pokemon and 3 prize cards left and you manage to win on the last turn because you pull the last and only double dragon energy in your deck and take 1 energy from discard pile thanks to ability and get the double kill for the last 3 prizes

Holy shit.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.