[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 69

File: Ampharos and Swirlix.jpg (195KB, 463x488px) Image search: [Google]
Ampharos and Swirlix.jpg
195KB, 463x488px
Ampharos is the talent edition. Old thread >>28071656

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online feature or anything doing so, don't worry. You will be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more.

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware roms, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American
>>
I want to marry swirlix
>>
I want to hold hands with Espurr
>>
File: Rin ''Not that hard!''.png (101KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Rin ''Not that hard!''.png
101KB, 400x240px
The partner is cute! CUTE!

Any more custom starter requests? If not, I'll just go back to compiling in-dungeon character quotes.
>>
>>28118721
>>28118743
>>28118774
Fuck off waifufags
>>
>>28118804
rude
>>
>>28113164
>>28118650
What was it about? I'm curious.
>>
>>28118910
iirc it was an art/creative writing group on deviantart where people would join the group with whatever team idea, and you'd receive art/writing prompts every so often for you to portray how your team would accomplish the objective or interact with other people and their teams

I ran into it a while ago when looking up PMD fanart long after it had died, but it seemed like the thing I'd have been all over when I was younger
>>
>>28118774
You mean custom saves?

How do you upload custom saves anyway? I'd be down to help out with those, I got NTR CFW and it doesn't look much different from the other things I use it for.

>>28118910
Basically a DeviantArt group RP where we're all Pokemon and we gotta be rescue teams. I was fairly inactive but one of the main artists, PurpleKecleon, did some admittedly cool shit.

Nowadays PK went SJW and convinced her boyfriend to emasculate himself. I'm not exaggerating. Have there been any equally successful group RPs of that sort? I admit it's a guilty pleasure. Did PMDOrigins take off?
>>
File: 1212511711360.jpg (49KB, 800x665px)
1212511711360.jpg
49KB, 800x665px
>it's a 'still can't find that one TM you want' expedition
>>
File: 1472208736628.gif (319KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472208736628.gif
319KB, 250x250px
>>28119020
>it's a "Monster House with Agility users" expeditition
>>
>>28119106
agility users are trash
now, monster houses with safeguard users or natural cure pokemon

those are cancer
>>
File: three amigos.jpg (362KB, 723x480px)
three amigos.jpg
362KB, 723x480px
>>28119011
Yeah, referring to custom saves. To upload a custom save, all you have to do is use the Homebrew save manager app (it's included in all of the custom starter packs I've uploaded so far, inside of the 3ds folder), and backup a save with said custom starters installed in them. Then you compile the newly created savedatabackup folder and the 3ds folder containing the save manager app into a .zip file, and upload it somewhere like Mediafire or Mega.
>>
>>28119011
Read the guide in the OP, once you've changed the Pokémon get the save with JKSM and upload the folder (as a compressed file)
>>
>>
There's some new pokemon plushies coming out in September, including a Drifloon. Mite b cool
>>
>>28119445
dropped my pic
>>
>>28119463
>drifloon

How big is it
>>
>>28119486
we rarely get sizes before the actual releases, but it costs $22, so probably 8-12 inches
>>
This isn't really related but

>playing DQ3
>it has a personality quiz

pmd totally ripped this off
>>
File: 1472293408093.jpg (53KB, 500x500px)
1472293408093.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>28119902
Chunsoft made the old DQ games
>>
Can we all agree that the worst character in PMD was Azumarill?
>>
>>28119463
some of the cutest pokemon
it's great
>>
>>28119902
>same developers
yeah right. Thanks for reminding me I should play these games though.

>>28119933
And the Japanese version of the first Dragon Quest game uses passwords for saves. I can see them recycling the idea (in a definitely better way) with RT. That feature is great.

>>28120189
That, or Munna's friends.
>>
>>28119902
No fuck you it's Dragon WARRIOR 3 to me. More importantly, GBC version right?
I always loved personality quizzes to determine your class/character/whatever. Der Langrisser's was great, 7th Stand User's was great, and holy hell I would kill for more like them.
>>
>>28120366
Yeah it's the gbc version, emulated on the wii anyways. Doing this while shiny hunting at the same time and i'll get back to PMD in a bit
>>
>>28119106
>it's a "Bug Bite user eats your Blast Seeds" expeditition
>>
>>28120384
My nigga. Hope you enjoy, it was one of my favorite games back in the day despite never beating it.

If my copy's still around I'm gonna find it, thanks for reminding me. Also you should play Dragon Quest Monsters if you haven't.
>>
>>28120398
when are we getting pots
>>
>>28120398
>tfw Damp

Means i can't use the seeds myself though
>>
>>28120398
>it's a water dungeon expedition
Stop killing my tagalong member with Hydro Pump, he needs all the exp he can get

>>28120439
I thought Blast Seed explosions and Blast Trap/Move explosions were different. Did Super change that?
>>
>>28120461
Super changed it, yeah
>>
>>28120417
What's the best dragon quest/version to start with?
>>
Besides Wiiware for obvious reasons, which PMD has the worst story?
I'd assume Rescue Team, but even that has high points. I skipped Gates so I can't say anything about that.
>>
>>28119463
I lost my shit when I saw that news. I'm going to be in Japan for most of September for TGS, and all I wanted was good ghost pokemon plushes.
>>
>>28121014
gates has great characters and a good enough story
>>
>>28121014
I say Rescue Team as well. Going back to it a while ago, it felt too short (cleared main story in 10 hours). And while events were happening, it felt like that's all that was going on: events independent of each other being shown to the player and then you get asked to save the world. The disasters don't get worse as far as I remember, the stakes don't get raised and it just lacks a sense of urgency.

I'm probably gonna play through it again soon since I feel like I'm giving it too hard of a time typing this and I just finished 999 as well as VLR so I'm back in the Chunsoft mood but I got that dreaded feeling on the first replay that it just wasn't as good as I remembered it being.
>>
>>28121528
I think it's not necessarily bad to have the story be structured like that. It gets particularly good in the postgame, since it being events independent of each other (while some still being related) gives you more freedom.
>>
Do you think we're getting a GEN VII mystery dungeon?
Do you think i'll be as good as explorers?
>>
>>28119011
In answer to the spoiler text; Not successful, mind you, but there was a kik group made to follow up on the recent bizzaro-turned-rp threads. It's mostly turned into memes, drawing requests and general fucking around, but occasionally it'll sink back into it, the concept of Pokemon posting is still prevalent regardless.

not trying to be a shill though, so if you want to talk more on it if you have an active kik, add/talk to me there - search up "InnocentRem" without quotations
>>
>>28121720
>Do you think we're getting a GEN VII mystery dungeon?
Yes, on the next console.

>Do you think i'll be as good as explorers?
Probably even better, it will build on Super.
>>
>>28121834
How about [kissing are partner ?]
>>
>protag gets turned into a psyduck
>eternal headache
>>
>>28121528
You played those games? Have you tried Zero Time Dilemma? The weakest of the three but still great.
>>
>>28122739
I haven't played it yet. I bought these games in January I think but never really got far in 999 until I picked it up again recently. I heard ZTD was kind of disappointing and I'm stuck with the 3DS version if I ever decide to get it but I'm on a high and looking forward to playing it once I do.
>>
File: le tricky duck.png (30KB, 256x384px)
le tricky duck.png
30KB, 256x384px
>>28122420
>can only express joy through looking like a snide jackass

>>28122168
If my partner was Kissing, I'd probably kill myself. Kissing is so useless in PMD, why would anyone use it? Just use Handholding or Nuzzling.

our*
>>
>>28123026
Oh, well if you played virtues last reward, its pretty reasonable to play ZTD cause the whole point of VLR was to do ZTD correctly. So by not playing ZTD is basically like watching a movie and skipping the end only. I really recommend it, the end is very weak though, mid-game is really strong.
>>
File: 41173106_p0.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
41173106_p0.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
>>
File: Raivolt sweating.png (208KB, 492x548px) Image search: [Google]
Raivolt sweating.png
208KB, 492x548px
>>28121014
I think it'd probably be easier for me to just list pros and cons with the plots. Incoming textdump.

RT
>Pros
Events keep happening regarding you generally helping other Pokemon out. It genuinely feels like you're a team that was made to support others, whereas in the other games the rescuing others aspect usuallt gets shoved aside quickly. The Ninetales arc was rather solid, and was the perfect mix of crazy and average.
>Cons
The partner was very weak. He felt like he was just there to push the protagonist into situations, and never did things on his own. Besides that one time he was afraid to go to Silent Chasm, all he ever does is be the protagonist's doormat, from giving him a free house to traveling across the world with him. It didn't make much sense to me. The world ending meteorite and general disasters also didn't seem to hold much weight in terms of showcasing the threat of the world ending, like what that other anon said.

Explorers
>Pros
The plot itself is rather compelling and does a good job at leaving things up to interpretation. Things are grand, and time travel shenanigans allow for crazier things to occur without going too overboard. Twists were new, making them interesting compared to what's done later.
>>
>>28121014
>>28123457
Explorers
>Cons
The characters really fall flat. Not one character had much of a personality in the main story. Grovyle was as bland as cardboard, and Wigglytuff's just a generic manchild. Thankfully, Special Episodes help redeem some of these characters. Saving the world doesn't make much sense either when you consider that saving the world also destroys the entire existence of the future. While they did that to keep with the sad ending tradition, wouldn't doing that essentially erase all the progress the protagonist and Grovyle did, effectively making them unable to change fate? SE5 also fixed this to an extent, at the cost of having to asspull everyone into not dying.

Gates
>Pros
Unlike Explorers, the characters in Gates are strong and have quite a bit of personality. I felt more interested in Emolga and Dunsparce than anyone from Wigglytuff's guild. The 5 man team dynamic really helped with showing that everyone was a team, whereas in the other games your team might as well consist of two members. Dunsparce's desire to get braver to impress Virizion, Virizion slowly warming up to everyone flowed with the story very well, it didn't feel tacked on unlike some of the emotional moments in the other games. Even though most of Gates' villains were semi-rehashes of Explorers', like Munna being Dusknoir and Kyurem's whole "you can't change fate" schtick, they were done in a much better way than Explorers'.
>>
>>28121014
>>28123457
>>28123509
>Cons
Similar to Rescue Team, the world-ending threat doesn't feel as serious as they try to make it. Most of the supporting cast doesn't do much about the situation, even if all they really had to do was get their shit together. Nothing felt like it was at risk, in spite of everyone hammering in the notion that it was.

Super
>Pros
Most of Serene Village was great. It helped establish your partner's personality, something most of the other games didn't dwell on much and they made her a total qt. Like Gates, the first part of Super also introduces you to a group rather than just your partner, and they were all characterized well. Seeing Pancham and Shelmet slowly grow to respect your partner, who they both picked on at first, after seeing her help other mons in town out and eventually saving their asses was refreshing, since usually the partner's well respected from the get-go. The cast's childish adventures were a neat way to mix things up, with them getting fed up with the partner's dangerous trips, while also still being close enough to bro it out at night during the haunted school/house segment. Having contrasting father figures in the form of Nuzleaf and Carracosta was also great. Costa's strict but loving personality contracted nicely with Nuzleaf's carefree but manipulative personality perfectly.
>>
>>28121014
>>28123457
>>28123509
>>28123556
>Cons
Everything after Serene Village.
To be specific, there were a lot of ridiculous points once you head off to Lively Town. All but two of the characters that were developed and expanded on in Serene are completely ditched, never to be seen again until the very end. The replacement characters mostly suffered from Wigglytuff's Guild syndrome, mostly lacking in personality and relying on stock tropes. The only one that avoided this was Ampharos. Much of the story seems cobbled together at this point, mostly borrowing from Gates with the non-Pokemon world negativity being and final boss cutscene with everyone cheering you on so you don't give up, and the general amount of infodumps just to explain what the fuck's going on, even going as far as to dump exposition in the ending cutscene. The villains all being possessed only makes things worse, since they never expand on it besides them having negative emotions, something every Pokemon has. The scarves feel even more snowflake than any of the things the previous games threw at the protagonists, and that's saying something, especially with Explorers' visions. The protagonist also doesn't help at all, he does absolutely nothing all throughout, most of what goes on is driven by the partner, and him going full retard and risking Dark Matter's return just to resurrect his partner doesn't do him any favors at all.
>>
>>28121014
>>28123457
>>28123509
>>28123556
>>28123593
Overall, I feel like Super's plot pissed me off the most, especially since the quality took a huge nosedive after Serene, but RT probably has the weakest plot, since it was all a series of unconnected events.

Sorry about posting so much shit, didn't expect it to be that long.
>>
I liked the second half of Super, the only bad thing about it is that the school kids, apart from Espurr, don't do anything
The ending didn't try and didn't want to be sad, it's not something to complain about. It was still just about the twists
>>
>>28121014
Rescue Team's is probably the weakest story, but it's still pretty decent. There aren't any major highs, but there aren't any massive flaws either. Rents mostly happen without much connection between them, making it feel more episodic.

Explorers is a lot grander but still recognized when to stop, meaning it hits the right balance and doesn't get in over its head. The focus on you and your partner was also greatly improved, making it vastly easier to get invested, and the events of the game are much more interconnected (making the more episodic post game feel more relaxed).

Gates tries to reconcile the episodic nature of RT with the focus on characters like in Explorers, but doesn't really succeed at either one since each ever generally focuses on this character or that rather than you and your partner, making it harder to care; the more characters get introduced, the more time feels wasted. This hurts the story's scope, among other things.

Super starts strong with a solidly characterized partner similar to Explorers, then spends too much time in Serene Village (which is nice but lacks any connection to later events), which kills the investment fast. By the time you reach Lively Town it's difficult to care anymore, and the rushed pace, lack of interesting characters, and bungled scope can actively induce apathy.

Personally I'd say Super annoys me the most because of its missed potential, but maybe Gates' lack of focus or Rescue Team's basicness will bug you more.
>>
>>28123863
Also fuck phone typos
>>
>it's a "shit on super's plot" thread
Fuck off already
>>
>>28124379
Let other people have opinions, anon. It's okay if they don't agree with you, even if it is kind of tired to be harping on the same things every time it's brought up.
>>
File: skill drain.jpg (130KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
skill drain.jpg
130KB, 544x544px
>Playing SMD
>Everyone around me mentioning I'm a kid every 4 seconds

Man, as if I didn't feel bad enough with all these unpleasant new mechanics, now I've got them telling me I'm too old to play this shit.
>>
>>28124480
>not wanting to play as a kid
why? how?

>now I've got them telling me I'm too old to play this shit.
Except the main character isn't actually a kid and they're just pretending because there's nothing else to do. Also, things aren't as they seem to be.

>as if I didn't feel bad enough with all these unpleasant new mechanics
They're objectively great, except how some parts of the connection orbs are handled.
>>
>>28124480
at least 80% of the game is pandering to the people who played the older game when they were kids though
>>
>>28124379
I tried to bring up flaws in the other games' plots and the good in all of them, since in the past threads I've only been talking about why I hate Super's so much. None of them are perfect, and if it's any consolation, I think the great gameplay in Super completely makes up for the horrible story.
>>
>>28123593
>and him going full retard and risking Dark Matter's return just to resurrect his partner
Fucking his. The whole world would've been screwed had it not been a ruse, since the player and partner lost their scarves after the partner returns, meaning nobody's safe from getting turned to stone. And despite that the player had the balls to say he would still stand a chance against Dark Matter. Good fucking job, idiot
>>
>>28125084
That happens before the scarves go away.
>>
>>28125084
why can't they just make more scarves?
>>
>>28125084
Well, he could.
>>
>>28124553
>Except the main character isn't actually a kid and they're just pretending because there's nothing else to do.
Don't make my love for Espurr weird, dammit
>>
>>28125128
I think the protagonist makes the claim that he can beat Dark Matter before his scarf disappears, but it wouldn't change the fact that if Nuzleaf and co. were telling the truth, he could've destroyed the world.

>>28125131
Why didn't they make more after the partner came back? It was a sign of their friendship, after all.
>>
>>
>>28124553
>Objectively

I don't think that word means what you think it means. If it's someone's opinion, it's subjective. Someone may dislike how you can only recruit one of each Pokemon, or how they're all lazy and won't stay on your team, or the fact that the basic attack is now entirely useless despite a push to conserve PP. You may like these, but I don't.
>>
File: 1472435895473.png (211KB, 480x640px)
1472435895473.png
211KB, 480x640px
>>28125547
oh geeze
>>
File: Pochi condom.png (167KB, 392x392px)
Pochi condom.png
167KB, 392x392px
>>28125499
>Espurr
Don't worry, she's more mature than almost all of the adult cast. Even Player/Partner is weirder than that, but that doesn't stop me.
>>
>>28125506
>Why didn't they make more
Because if it wasn't that they didn't want to give them to evolutions they wouldn't have lost them to begin with. Here's a better question: Why don't they just put them on a wall or something instead?
>>
>>28125570
I don't like the A attack being like that either, but it's originally from GtI and Super actually made it better with Emeras.
>>
What happens to the scarves on custom starters? Do they just not appear on them? For example if my starter was a tyranitar or something, would it show or not?
>>
>>28125712
they don't have them
>>
>>28125712
They're magical scarves blessed by a Minimize Drifblim so they're so small you can't see them. no the scarves dont show up
>>
>>28125616
>Player/Partner
>weird

I mean they've literally been connected throughout the ages, sooo

>>28125712
I thought starters with scarves were special models, so I assume they won't appear.
>>
File: Purin.png (114KB, 400x240px)
Purin.png
114KB, 400x240px
>>28125712
Won't show up.
>>
>>28118774

Are you still here anon?
>>
File: Raivolt face.jpg (23KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
Raivolt face.jpg
23KB, 312x312px
>>28125761
Yep.
>>
>>28125616
ima hate myself in the morning, but source?
>>
>>28125784
Hey, don't forget that if there's some save request and you're doing something else I can still do it myself.
>>
>>28125616
I've seen furry porn all day here for years, but this particular, pretty tame picture is triggering the living fuck out of me. Disgusting.
>>
>>28125784

Could you do an Inkay/Clefairy file for me? You'd be the best!
>>
>>28125831
Alright, thanks. I'll probably post something if I'm busy, so people'll know I can't get around to doing them.

>>28125810
@_okunawa on Twitter
>>
File: Chen Lazward and gf.jpg (45KB, 599x458px) Image search: [Google]
Chen Lazward and gf.jpg
45KB, 599x458px
>>28125898
I did that already. If you can't find the link, it's the Mega link in the guide. I'll post it here in case.
https://mega.nz/#F!ZsYRgCwL!e6LYqEDwQ_0b8wLnM0rS5Q
>>
File: 1453695056870.jpg (68KB, 500x500px)
1453695056870.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
>>28125946

Much appreciated, I had no idea where to look.
>>
>>28125761
It's pretty easy to tell when Poochanon's on. He avatarfags Poochyena/Manectric/FE Inigo and shits on Super's plot all the time
>>
>>28126059
Whenever someone here is playing or doing something useful it's easy to figure out who they are. I like Super's plot as well, but I think you're a little exaggerating.
>>
File: custom_RT_starters_stuff.png (203KB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
custom_RT_starters_stuff.png
203KB, 512x576px
I decided to do a playthrough of Sky to test out the RT starters and their new portraits (sticking with Psyduck and Cubone from the last pic). There's some minor issues I found:

There's a slight glitch with the sleeping animation of the hero if they are any of the 3 RT starters. For some reason they flip in the same direction as the partner despite being flipped the opposite just fine.

When the hero and partner eat, they start playing the falling down animation (which makes it look like they're eating with their butt).

Drenched Bluff's Chingling are monsters to Psyduck due to Wrap dealing a lot of damage to Psyduck's small HP and weak Defense. I even had a Def. Scarf on and they nearly killed me. Cubone is no better since Bone Club can't hit them. I managed to get through with items though. I can only imagine the hell Mt. Bristle will give me since I'm at lv. 8 now.
>>
>First playthrough of BRT
>Starter squirtle partner grovile
>FUCK THE ARTICUNO FIGHT
>Ran out of reviver seeds, can't use petrify orbs, and nothing to stop him
>Hours of grinding later and he still one shots grovile
I almost gave up but fuck that game for basically letting you pick the inferior grass types as a partner and then not letting you change partners cause "you're on the run". Seriously fuck this game
>>
>>28126433
you didn't play well enough
>>
>>28126433
I beat it with Totodile/Treecko. It required some preparation and cheesing, though. What I did was get to the point where Whiscash is able to talk about the Ninetales legend, but rather than listen to it like normal, I went to the Dojo until the Kecleon Shop stocked on Attract. I taught Totodile it. On the floor before the Articuno fight, I gave Treecko my Gravelerocks. Once the fight began, I immediately set him to "Get away from here" so he'd move a space away. Once he does that and Articuno approached me, I set Treecko to "Wait there" and then used Attract on Articuno. Treecko would then be able to attack Articuno from afar with rocks and Quick Attack, while I dish out the real damage. Still had some Reviver Seeds in case he decided to be a cheeky cunt and use Powder Snow.
Second run, I did it without Attract since I forgot to get it. It was harder, but still doable, since a water type leader is able to tank at least one hit from Articuno.

>>28126059
Rude
>>
>>28125751
Whoa, even the model's expressions change for custom partners? Now I'm curious if the game does this for everyone. Might make for some funny scenarios.
>>
File: very happy Purin.png (137KB, 400x240px)
very happy Purin.png
137KB, 400x240px
>>28126620
Almost every mon seems to have some set of expressions. Poochyena and Jigglypuff both used their smiling model expression in this scene, for example, and in another save that I have (Electrike+Growlithe), Growlithe's mouth changes depending on the scene too. For portraits, it's a bit different. If they don't have the corresponding portrait, they'll just use a blank one in its place.
>>
So, I only have about four Pokemon left to recruit.
>Lugia
>Ho-oh
>Groudon
>Arceus
and I have a ton of vitamins in storage. Any particular mon or two that I should throw my vitamins at?
>>
>>28126734
The starters, since they're never on break. If they capped already, your favorites.
>>
>>28126705
Wooper has the surprised look and a frown that still manages to look like a smile at first glance
>>
>>28125902
...Well. I can't do that anymore, my SD card somehow got supposedly damaged and I don't have another one at the moment.
Why did this happen to me.
>>
How can I make PMSD appear on save manager? I'm using digital if it's any help.
>>
>>28127247
I've never used it, but does it show the icon of the inserted game in the HBL layout? If so just press left/right
>>
>>28127301
fuck off back to /trash/
>>
>>28127119
It's fine. The amount of starter requests has declined recently, so that makes things a lot easier for me anyway. Thanks for offering, though.

>>28127247
What happens when you click on the save manager? If an application/game that isn't PSMD shows up on the bottom screen, you simply have to keep pressing right until the game pops up. For me, whatever 3DS game I have in the cartridge slot shows up first, or Taiko no Tatsujin if nothing/a DS game is in the slot, the latter being the most recent game I installed. Pretty sure the save manager goes in order from newest to oldest installed games when scrolling through them.
>>
>>28127350
>It's fine. The amount of starter requests has declined recently, so that makes things a lot easier for me anyway. Thanks for offering, though.
I guess so, but I just wanted to play around with it, and now I can't really do it anymore. I hope there's actually a way to get my files back.
>>
>>28127350
>>28127295

Yeah, I press save manager and it gives me a list of games (or game rather, since only Omega Ruby and a few software titles are on there) to choose from but the game's not there for some odd reason, even when I scroll from left to right.
>>
>>28126553
>>>/vg/feg/
>>
>>28127488
That's weird. Do you have any other digital games, or just Omega Ruby?
>>
Can we take some time to just know how fucking great the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's music is?

1.Temporal Spire
2.Sky Tower
3.Temporal Tower
4.Tree of life: Roots
5.Vast Ice Mountain Peak

I'm not so orgasmy about the final boss themes even though they are pretty damn good, especially dark matter phase 2. But seriously, without the good music i wouldn't even give these game a 6/10.
>>
>Even after I disappear from here... I will never forget you...
How does that even work
>>
>>28128114
Friendship.
>>
>>28128114
>he doesn't know about the typical anime 'power of friendship' plot mechanic
>>
File: FUCK.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
113KB, 222x280px
>>28126433
>mfw Articuno
Articuno is like one of the few genuinely challenging moments of the game.

Like, you can Gummi and vitamins your way through postgame, most of the time anyway.

But Articuno? Nope! You can't buff your starter and partner yet, outside of their IQ. And Powder Snow hits both of you hard.
>>
>>28130406
Unless you have Mudkip+Cyndaquil in which case the fight consists of not even letting them being able to land a hit, between the mud slaps and smokescreens. Otherwise you better hope Articuno is too dumb to use Powder Snow

>>28130417
nice doublepost nerd
>>
>>28130425
nice tactic nerd
>>
>tfw took totodile+chikorita first time playing red

That was a mistake if ever i made one
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.jpg (19KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.jpg
19KB, 168x168px
>mfw you can't continue your PMD things because suddenly you get Portal and Portal 2 from your friend
how do I stop playing these games
>>
>>28131526
Just take a day off and finish them.
Neither are very long. Unless you're really bad at puzzles you could play through both of them twice in a single day.
>>
>SMD
>Team of Riolu&Fennekin
>Axew wants me to fuck up a Salamence
>Think it'll be easy picking
>Salamence one-shots the crew

Nice. Super Mystery Dungeon doesn't pull punches on the impatient.
>>
>>28131622
I am already done with Portal (other than the insanity that are Challenge Medals. TEN STEPS MY ASS) and Portal 2 is about to finish downloading on the third day of downloading. My Internet sucks.
>>
>>28131650
Slumber wands help here. Blast seeds too.
>>
Why does Pelipper Island have a character selection screen if it doesn't even change anything
>>
File: Delibird.png (144KB, 400x240px)
Delibird.png
144KB, 400x240px
Uploaded in-dungeon quotes for the Gen II cast.
https://imgur.com/a/A185O/layout/grid

Also reposting Gen I's.
https://imgur.com/a/5N7Gw/layout/grid
>>
>>28131876
>tfw downloading portal 2 at 80kb/s

living hell

>>28132905
So you can run around pelipper island as whoever you want
>>
File: 56620346_p0.jpg (114KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
56620346_p0.jpg
114KB, 800x800px
>>28131876
>tfw my area got 100mb fibre 2 months ago and I no longer have to live this hell
>>
Making progress in recruiting everyone in Blue rescue team, only 4 friend areas left and then wish cave for Slowking,Chansey,Blissey,Exeggcute,Exeggcutor, Vileplume,Victreebel and Jirachi
>>
File: FEELS INTENSIFY.gif (28KB, 160x59px)
FEELS INTENSIFY.gif
28KB, 160x59px
>>28135015
>mfwf you have worse downloading speed than me it peaks at 120 kilobytes per second
holy shit I actually feel sorry
and here I thought I have the trashiest internet ever
>>
I hope Mimikyu is part of the next pmd's story in some way
>>
>>28136265
>go through entire game
>parter was just a mimikyu and you never noticed
>>
>>28136435
>pika is a starter choice
>so is another pika
>pick one of them
>it's mimikyu
>play the entire game in a halloween costume

i love it
>>
Do you think Rotoms ever get used for their possessed appliances?
>>
>>28136942
You'd think with human (or superhuman, depending on the species) intelligence and Gates' protagonist not having amnesia that they'd have all the advancements that humans have by Super, but the Pokemon in the PMDverse still sleep on hay instead of actual futons/beds.
>>
>have to find someone's item
>spawn right next to it

ez win

>>28137017
Well, you probably wouldn't know how exactly to build a generator
>>
>>28137017
Beds do exist.
>>
>>28137269
Not that anon, but where?

I mean, you do sleep on hay in Rescue and Explorers... Is it Super only?
>>
>>28137290
Swanna's thing in Gt
>>
File: Ampharos used Cotton Guard.gif (170KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ampharos used Cotton Guard.gif
170KB, 320x240px
>>28137325
>tfw the leader is a cotton source
>tfw he's stingy and doesn't give it away
>>
File: 1452251969810.jpg (45KB, 600x450px)
1452251969810.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>28137383
>>
I wish the pokemon in some of these dungeons didn't have bullshit amounts of HP. You cant hit their amount of health without a ton of sitrus/life seeds, and it ends up feeling like they're only hard because they're damage sponges
>>
File: 1463720775633.jpg (73KB, 376x404px)
1463720775633.jpg
73KB, 376x404px
>mareep finally can learn Discharge
>>
File: wooper mystery dungeon 9.jpg (162KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
wooper mystery dungeon 9.jpg
162KB, 400x240px
>>
wondering if requests are still open for custom starters. wasnt able to edit them myself
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (81KB, 323x454px)
for what purpose.jpg
81KB, 323x454px
>starter Ampharos doesnt have the same eating animation as Expedition Society Ampharos
>>
>>28139290
>Wooper Mystery Dungeon
Fuck you I get it now
>>
>>28139600
I'm pretty sure starters use their talking animations (I've noticed this with Treecko at least). Ampharos' is probably special.
>>
>>28138903
I rather liked the increased enemy HP. It accommodates for the fact that line range attacks now pass through allies by default and gives enemies more chances to attack.
I've always found that my team's combined damage output is enough to take most things down, so I don't think it's too much or anything.
>>
>>28139616
I just thought that the two would share it, due to being the same species.

>>28139634
It becomes a problem due to dungeons only being listed as 1 of 4 difficulties. One dungeon labeled "Very Difficult" could have pokemon with over 100 more HP than another dungeon with the same label
>>
>>28139667
Oh yes, I agree the difficulty rankings are fucked, but that's something else.
>>
>>28139290
>Excuse me sir, you're in my spot
>>
File: Inigo and his mom.jpg (350KB, 1000x668px)
Inigo and his mom.jpg
350KB, 1000x668px
>>28139399
What starters do you want, anon?
>>
>>28140200
Stop posting your shitty husbando here and go back to /feg/
>>
>>28140557
why does it trigger you so much? i'll probably start posting it as well despite me not caring about fe
>>
>>28140557
>/feg/gots are visiting /vp/

Would explain why this place is so shit
>>
>>28140778
Because it's avatarfagging and doesn't even relate to PMD at all
>>
>>28140823
oh fuck off, take your crossboard war bullshit elsewhere
>>
>>28140849
While i think you're being a bit too mad, I do think he should cool it with the FE pictures, since it's not related to pokemon.
>>
>>28140200
Marill with Petilil partner
>>
>ended up causing a shitstorm
Fuck.

>>28140919
Will do.
>>
>>28140919
Uploaded!
https://mega.nz/#F!ZsYRgCwL!e6LYqEDwQ_0b8wLnM0rS5Q
>>
>>28141169
thanks a lot :D
>>
File: wooper mystery dungeon 10.jpg (192KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
wooper mystery dungeon 10.jpg
192KB, 400x240px
>tfw no arms
>>
>>28142144
He didn't specify arm muscles. There are muscles in other parts of your body.
>>
>>28142144
NOT HAVING ARMS ISN'T A DISQUALIFICATION, IT'S AN OPPORTUNITY

UNLEASH LEG DAY
>>
>>28142289
There's always bashing their face in with an ice "punch"
>>
File: 3DS PMD fonts.png (325KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
3DS PMD fonts.png
325KB, 400x480px
Haven't given it much thought until recently, but Super really improved the ___font
>>
File: 1472219855952.gif (890KB, 500x253px)
1472219855952.gif
890KB, 500x253px
CHERISH 2 CHAPTER 3

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7771954/chapters/18069190
>>
File: Axw.png (260KB, 370x350px)
Axw.png
260KB, 370x350px
>>28142863
Oh shit!

I missed a lot while I was gone
>>
Never played a PMD game before, just a few questions before I try one out:

What exactly are these games about? Some people say the story's amazing, but don't elaborate much. Is it like a fanfic OCfest, or does it stay levelheaded?

Which one has good gameplay? I don't want to start with something that feels like a chore to play.

Which starters/Pokemon in general suck? I'd like to avoid getting screwed over during my first run. Most anons here seem like they're using generic early route mons like Wooper and Poochyena.

Any general gameplay tips so I don't suck?
>>
>>28143372
Do you like roguelikes?
>>
>>28143372
What games are you going to play? I suggest starting with RT, then Explorers, then GtI optionally and then Super.

>What exactly are these games about?
Pokémon roguelikes made by Chunsoft. Excluding some of the postgame dungeons it's structured like a normal RPG instead of a rogelike though.

>Some people say the story's amazing, but don't elaborate much. Is it like a fanfic OCfest, or does it stay levelheaded?
Expect a generic RPG plot.

>Which one has good gameplay?
All of them except Gates to Infinity.

>Which starters/Pokemon in general suck?
The only thing that actually matters outside of level 1/5 dungeons are moves. So the only Pokémon that suck are Unown and, in the DS/Wii games only, Ditto.

>Any general gameplay tips so I don't suck?
Learn what each button does, try different combinations.
>>
>>28143456
Yes. I take it the games play like Shiren?
>>
>>28143372
>what are the games about

Human gets sent to world with only pokemon, and turned into one. Might sound a bit fanfic-y, but it's not that bad

>which has good gameplay

The games are roguelikes, the game's about crawling through dungeons. It can range from easy to hard as hell. Most people say Sky is the best game, but Blue Rescue Team is a good starting point.

>which starters/pokemon suck

Most everything is usable, apart from pokemon with no moveset like Unown/Ditto. If you play Sky, DON'T pick Phanpy as part of your duo. You can use your favorites very easily though, thanks to every pokemon being able to hit the stat cap, regardless of evolution stage. It's why I use Wooper.

>any tips

Learn the control shortcuts, rooms with a ton of items are likely Monster Houses, ALWAYS carry a Petrify Orb, don't be afraid to ask for rescues here, and feel free to use your absolute favorites, especially if it's unevolved.
>>
>>28143518
Yep. But since it's Pokémon it needs to be more accessible and thus easier.
Also, Shiren is also MD, they're basically part of the same series.
>>
>>28143372
Also, the Level 1 dungeons are where the gloves come off and the game stops fucking around. If you can beat Sky's Destiny Tower, you deserve a pat on the back.

Oh, another tip. Beware of balloons.
>>
>>28143372
>What exactly are these games about? Some people say the story's amazing, but don't elaborate much. Is it like a fanfic OCfest, or does it stay levelheaded?
Gameplay-wise, it's a relatively easy roguelike. You're a human-turned Pokemon who teams up with a standard Pokemon, who ends up becoming your bro/waifu for life. The plot usually starts out calm/relaxing, but depending on the game, shit gets crazy fast. Most of the games' plots don't feel very fanficcy, though they do have their weird/dumb moments.
>Which one has good gameplay?
Super has the best gameplay in the series. Adventure Squad/the Wiiware games also have good gameplay, but they're in Japanese. RT is clunky and outdated, but it's not noticeable if you start with it. Gates has shit gameplay. Sky has a balance of decent gameplay and an okay plot. Super and Sky have the most content in the series, but the first games' recruitment system will keep you playing for a long time.
>Which starters/Pokemon in general suck?
Almost all mons are good, besides Ditto pre-super, early route bugs like Caterpie, and Unown. Movesets matter more than stats, since any mon can cap eventually. As a starter, Phanpy is shit, along with Eevee as your partner, but even then they're not unusable. Drifblim has the best ability and Level 1 moveset.
>Any general gameplay tips so I don't suck?
Spam items in Super. In Explorers, you can use items less, but you should still bring along Reviver Seeds and Petrify Orbs.
>>
Reminder that in RT and Sky, Wide Slash is the duct tape of movesets.

>everything can learn it
>everything can use it decently
>nothing can resist it
>hits 3 spaces at once
>>
>>28143372
The first 3 are basically Rougelites. You won't have too much trouble in general, and can statbrick your way through most problems.
Super is closer to a true Rougelike, in that you WILL need to use items and utility moves to survive. It still is quite tame compared to even average Rougelikes, however.
I'd say Super is more fun, but if you have never played a rougelike before, I'd start with Rescue Team, or Explorers of Sky.

The stories are generally simple enough to avoid le cringe. You wake up as a pokemon, some dofus you saw in the creation section finds you and says "Hey, you wanna be an explorer?" and you say "Fuck yeah!". They have enough story to not be empty, however. Super does have pacing issues.

Your starters are pretty much all usable. There are a few specific combinations that can be brutal, especially with the more unusual pokemon you can be in Explorers of Sky, but anything can make it to the end of the game with a bit of effort and items. There are a few OP starters for each game, but even there the difference is so slight that it is basically not worth noting. Just keep in mind that ranged moves are very useful, and Grass Type movepool syndrome can be quite painful for those two starters. (You know the ones)
Recruits are barely notable until post game. Super does have recruits that join you ridiculously over-leveled, but this is balanced by recruits occasionally being unavailable, which is more common if they are overleveled.

I'd start with Explorers of Sky to see if you like it.
>>
>>28143509
>>28143554
>>28143593
>>28143707
Alright, thanks. I take it Sky's the most solid all around, RT's clunkier but still playable, Gates is bad, and Super has the best gameplay but a fucked up plot? If that's the case, I'll probably start with Sky and then move to Super.
>>
>>28143778
I wouldn't say Super's plot is fucked up, it just basically flips a switch from "Plot? What plot?" to "Ohmygod,letmeoffthisthingi'mgonnapuke" out of nowhere.
>>
>>28143778
Super's story is good, it's just not structured like the other games. The first half can seem like a drag if you aren't enjoying it and the second half can feel too short/fast.
>>
>>28143778
>a fucked up plot
A lot of people seem to either dislike the first OR the second part of the game. Some people think the first part is too slow and the second one is too fast. I don't see any issue though, I assume it's probably just because it does a certain thing differently when they were used to the way the older games did it.
Specifically, not having the long ending cutscene.
>>
>>28143778
Pretty much. If you care about gameplay only, Super's going to be the most fun for you, but if you want the other fluff, Sky would do more for you.
Super's plot starts off fine/not too serious, up until you travel to the next town, which is when infodumps, asspulls, and edge hell bullshit start happening. The text speed is fast enough for you to just hold B and get it over with, though, if it starts to annoy you.
Also forgot to mention Super has a break system. If your favorite mons aren't from the starter lineup, I'd highly suggest you request a custom starter combo, because most of the cast is either unusable until the endgame or benches themselves whether you like it or not.
>>
>>28143778
>uniroically skipping rescue team
when will this meme die?
>>
>>28143914
It's not a plot-based game series like Ace Attorney, he could always just go back and play RT later.
>>
>>28143914
I was going to play it if I liked the other two games, calm down anon.
>>
>>28143778
What starters do you plan on using?
>>
>>28144073
Checked out Sky's starter list, and I like Ninetales and Persian the most out of all of them and their evos, so I did Vulpix and Meowth.

For Super, I'll probably use customs like that one anon said. Having mons I like bench themselves sounds annoying, and none of the normal lineup interests me.
>>
>>28143945
Mechanics do get improved in the later games though, so it might be better to play it first.

>>28144064
It was a half joke. A lot of people just play Explorer and then just dismiss everything else making assumptions that nothing else can be nearly as good as it is without even actually taking the rest in consideration.
>>
>>28144134
>evolving your starters

Evolution gives a pitiful amount of stat ups that can be covered with only a few vitamin drinks. Also, Meowth is Time/Darkness only. However, you should be able to just give yourself a custom starter with Meowth in Sky.
>>
>>28144134
Sky has custom starter too. You can play as Ninetales/Persian directly if you want, since evolution in Explorers is unlocked at the very end.
>>
>>28144134
Also, i dont know if 1st playthrough customs in Super is a good idea, due to a ton of animations getting turned to the very jarring "default attack constantly" animation
>>
>>28144172
Meowth can be a partner in Sky, which I think is what that anon was going for.
>>
>>28144172
Nah, I was able to pick partner Meowth just fine. It seems like I couldn't play as him directly, though.

>>28144188
I know about Sky's custom starters, but I still like Vulpix and Meowth enough to stick with them normally.

>>28144220
I don't think that would bug me too much, so far it seems like the game prefers to tell instead of show, so it wouldn't be too hard to piece together what the custom starters are trying to do.
>>
>>28144362
Wait, it can? I totally forgot. Well, they're good then, as long as they're okay with playing as a girl and having pink text boxes
>>
>>28143778
Gates is not as good as the other games, but if you like the other game's plots, playing through it might be worth it due to the plot, which is the only thing that really shines in that game, besides some gameplay mechanics which are fun/interesting. It isn't as dark 'n edgy as explorer's and is much better paced than super's. There's barely any postgame for this game so you'll be done with it pretty quickly, in comparison to beating the postgame in the other games (not considering recuiting every pokemon or filling paradise a post-game).
>>
I want to fuck my partner.
>>
File: cherish harder.png (56KB, 558x558px) Image search: [Google]
cherish harder.png
56KB, 558x558px
>>28146007
Cherish first!
>>
>>28142863
What is this? Is there a first part I should read first? Genre/synposis?
>>
File: Purins.jpg (178KB, 480x640px)
Purins.jpg
178KB, 480x640px
>>28145962
Super's Pokemon getting sent to hell, and then perishing in said hell seemed "edgier" than anything Super threw at you, which mostly felt like generic shonen anime outside of the 5th special episode.

>>28146007
Jigglypuff is for hug before fug
>>
>Nuzleaf has Frustration
>>
>>28146214
he hasn't had a good fap since he got possessed by dark matter
>>
>>28146075
Click clack on my gay-ass profile and find a bunch of bullshit. TMoM is a sequel to Ears, you can find both in the writethread catalog as well. Synopsis are there.

Both are the exact kind of romance adventure drama tragic garbage you should expect from a PMD fic, but apparently are alright.
>>
File: 1470870899404.png (325KB, 902x772px) Image search: [Google]
1470870899404.png
325KB, 902x772px
>>28146048
This
>>
>tfw hatching for a shiny drifloon thanks to pmd

I have nobody to blame but myself for Drifloon
>>
File: Waninoko sad.png (96KB, 224x224px)
Waninoko sad.png
96KB, 224x224px
>get so invested in PMD that you stop caring about any of the other Pokemon games
What's the point if none of the Pokemon have any personalities
>>
>>28146635
I just give them personalities myself with special brands of autism called fun and imagination. It helps a that amie exists, but I'm usually the type to find more enjoyment pretending out of very little than being lead along a narrative that still leaves a tiny bit of legroom for imagination. PMD has its own personalities and characters, there's no need for me to get wild and crazy with it.
>>
>>28146683
I do the same in PMD, kind of ignoring what a lot of what the actual plot goes by in most of the games.
It's just that no matter how hard I try, in the mainline games the Pokemon just feel like generic units/tools that only exist for the protagonist to win fights, at least the PMDverse makes them all people in a sense.
>>
>>28146635
In the main games i'm forced to evolve my pokemon in order to actually be able to use them at all.
>>
>>28146048
Okay, this might be a silly question, but where is this "cherish" thing from? I keep seeing it get mentioned in connection to Fennekin. Is it a reference to something?
>>
File: 1454473840739.jpg (14KB, 400x290px)
1454473840739.jpg
14KB, 400x290px
>>28147451
When Super launched, it was meme'd into existence because Fennekin has been and will likely be a popular partner character choice. It was then that you first had to cherish your special doggo as law.
>>
>>28147524
I'm still angry about how they handled the European release. The American one was great, I wasn't expecting something like this.
>>
>>28143637
>tfw I just realized they will never bring Wide Slash and the room-hitting move back
It was called Vacuum Slash, right? I think it did fixed damage or just really sucked. Man I actually miss those moves a bit.

>>28143707
>Grass Type movepool syndrome can be quite painful for those two starters. (You know the ones)
I'm assuming Chikorita and Snivy?
>>
>>28144434
Only in Time/Darkness, which are the Ruby and Sapphire to Sky's Emerald.

As a Munchlax player in Time, I totally agree with anyone who says this is bullshit.
>>
>>28146180
>seemed "edgier" than anything Super threw at you
I assume you mean Sky. Also it's Purgatory
>>
>>28147760
The game calls it hell though. Why do you say that?
>>
>>28147741
Vacuum-Cut. 30-35 damage in RT, 18 in Explorers
>>
>>28147769
I thought the Japanese version called it Purgatory? I remember worrying with another Anon over that being censored.

>>28147776
Oh yeah. What a shit-ass move that was. I still miss it because I'm a sappy fuck
>>
>>28147809
Japan doesn't have purgatory. They call it Naraku, AKA Hell, and you get to see everyone fall which is a lot fucking edgier than Sky ever was.
>>
File: chocolate poisoning.png (285KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate poisoning.png
285KB, 400x480px
>>28147760
>>28147809
Yeah, meant to say Sky. Either way, the entire Voidlands segment felt like something I'd read in a bad fanfic. Might just look for a Japanese playthrough of it to see what it's called there.

>>28146807
Same here, anon.
>>
>>28147910
I should take a look at what the other translations used. The Italian translation calls it hell too, I don't think the English one does.
>>
>>28147914
I thought that section was hey, look, gti references! coupled with some lore I actually liked.
>>
>>28147914
The Voidlands itself is referred to as "虚無の世界" or "the world of nothingness". Abyssal Badlands is referred to as hell.
>>
>>28148066
I decided to go to Google Translate for shits and giggles and it popped up with "Abyss of the Wilderness", and clicking "Abyss" pulled up Hell, a handful of abyss-related words (including Abysmal, which made me crack up at the thought), and Naraku, oddly enough. Seems like Hell's just a coincidence, unless the two are straight-up one and the same over in Japan/
>>
>>
>>28148397
The italian translation translates back to "Hellish Land"
>>
>>28146635
There's just so much more cute things you can imagine when you stop and think about PMD's setting.

Though I'll admit that I'd have a hard time imagining myself as a first stage starter Pokémon at this age
>>
>>28148621
How old are you?
>not imagining yourself as a little kid regardless
>>
>>28148645
Three decades old.

Though I can see the "Kid" nickname being given to you if you go the amnesia route. Imagine watching a Charizard who has no idea how to operate their wings, or a Samurott who can only dog paddle.
>>
>>28148674
>an oshawott/dewott DECIDED to evolve instead of remaining as cute as they were
>>
>>28148621
PMD's always felt like a weird sort of fantasy setting, to me. It's not your typical swords and sorcery castles and cottages fantasy, given it's much more rural, stylized and... well, more Pokemon except for Noe Town, so it's really grounded, but at the same time you still have magic shit like the Time Gears and whatever, so it's also very... uh, fantastic. But the Time Gears and the stuff like that (aside from Super, maybe?) feel more like the typical hold items and stuff you'd get in the main games (said Time Gears I always liked to imagine were carved out of the Adamant Orb, because I'm a big fop).

It's weird. But the sheer charm of it is a big part of why I like the games so much. It's its own unique thing.
>>
>>28148707
>tfw they have to choose between cuteness and range
>>
>>28148707
You have to do everything it takes to protect that smile, Anon. EVERYTHING.

>>28148732
Yup, it's one of the things that really helps sell. It's not Tolkien ripoff #3567, nor some modern fantasy stuff. You can let your imagination run wild, since the Pokémon themselves are often so distinct.
>>
File: 1471658549535.gif (13KB, 53x88px)
1471658549535.gif
13KB, 53x88px
>tfw swift swim + barrage + bulk up
>>
File: 1447387330144.png (971KB, 984x661px) Image search: [Google]
1447387330144.png
971KB, 984x661px
>>
>>28148025
That's because all the bible-thumping angry moral guardians live in America and can't speak Italian.

I mean Pokémon was accused of satanism long before all this.
>>
>>28149248
I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened since the late 90's and it also happened outside of America, but you're free to prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1472320132627.png (932KB, 1049x513px) Image search: [Google]
1472320132627.png
932KB, 1049x513px
Where do I go if I want to amass a ton of wands?
>>
I've completed Super,i don't know if continue the post-game or move on with sky,it's a good game but the post-game and the story feel inferior to explorers or RT i was expecting more,honeslty.
>>
>>28151397
On a side note,i hope PMD5 removed connection orb,brings back random missions and the 4 party member slot and the IQ system,imo these things where good,don't fix what ain't broken.
>>
>>28151397
The postgame mostly just consists of Connection Orb missions, but it does have a three-dungeon storyline where the protagonist acts like a total retard to get his partner back.
If that's not your thing, I'd suggest you skip to Sky.

>>28151578
I really miss random recruits. Being unable to name Super's teammates or have more than one (or two/three if you want to lose your prevos forever) of a species was nice.
>>
>>28151768
The protagonist's choice is great. Who cares about fighting that thing again, the partner knows how to do it now.

>>28151578
The IQ system IS broken though, and Emeras are actually way better.
>>
>>28151886
No scarves, they'll get stoned before they even reach DM again.
>>
>>28151906
Why do you assume that?
>>
>>28151906
See, here's the thing you all are missing when you say that. If Dark Matter comes back, then it's BABY Dark Matter. It's Dark Matter that's just getting started. There are no infinite Void Shadows in the Voidlands, no corruption of the Tree of Life that begins before anyone notices - and this time, Xerneas would know what to look for, and he'd sure as hell notice. In ancient times, Mew and the MC were able to create Luminous Water and seal it away. If the Expedition Society, Mew, and all their allies worked double-time to figure out how to make Luminous Water again, then they could just give Kyogre a Luminous Enema and have it rain down all over the world. If the Expedition Society got the word out ahead of time, then everyone would know what was going on, be prepared, and kick Dark Matter's spherical ass back where it came from before it gets to the situation everyone was worried about. The ancient Pokemon didn't plan properly, let the PC's memories be erased, and didn't have any redundancies. Speaking of redundancies, if Dark Matter actually was going to return and everyone knew it, then they could just talk to Xerneas to get a few more Tree of Life leaves and make scarves out of them - hell, get a few Life Acorns, plant them, and use them just to make scarves and armor! With the modern organization that the Expedition Society has and all the divine allies the MC has made, it wouldn't even be a challenge to get word of all the warnings and precautions out, and KEEP it out for generations to come, until Dark Matter rises again - and gets its ass kicked again. And again, and again, until eventually the Earth is consumed; not because of Dark Matter's influence, but because the Sun finally went nova, billions and billions of years into the future.
>>
>>28151906
>they'll get stoned
Sounds fun
>>
>>28152066
Fair warning, this entire post is spoilers. I couldn't be arsed to hide bits and pieces because it'd be nearly impossible to censor everything without it being an unreadable mess.
>>
>>28152079
Really looking forward to Citra so we can stop using spoiler tags for all the fucking traitors without a 3DS. How's that Vita you cheap motherfucker?
>>
>>28152653
Why are you assuming they bought a Vita? Also I actually want to get a Vita now because homebrew emulators and some vita/psp stuff.
>>
File: omega rewby.png (282KB, 412x547px) Image search: [Google]
omega rewby.png
282KB, 412x547px
>>28152653
>looking forward
Anon...
>>
>>28152732
He probably meant looking forward to be it being good and not just almost decent.
>>
File: PMD tools.jpg (111KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PMD tools.jpg
111KB, 320x240px
>>28152653
Having a good 3DS emulator would be nice and all, but I doubt I'd use it when CFW exists.
>>
>>28153552
What's that blue "h" application? Do they have a homebrew launcher you can install now? Where's that at?
>>
>>28153842
>Do they have a homebrew launcher you can install now?
That's what it is, and it's been available for months.

>Where's that at?
Yellows8's github
>>
>>28153842
The blue h is the Homebrew Launcher. Here's the download link:
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.2

I put those three applications in the screenshot because they're all useful for PMD. FBI can be used to install the 3DS games themselves, and can also be used to extract/inject DS saves, meaning you can play custom starters on cartridge.
NTR's been explained already for the most part, you use that for custom starters/moves/whatever in Gates and Super.
Homebrew Launcher's used for save dumping 3DS games, which is done to make those custom starter save zips.
>>
>>28154206
>>28154213
Oh that sounds useful, thanks. I should probably keep more in touch with homebrew progress. I stopped paying attention to it once I got cfw setup.
>>
cfw on 11.0 never
>>
Nintendo direct on Thursday. Motherfucking sequel time
>>
>>28156291
They're not going to announce a new pmd. SM aren't even out yet, and SMD came out not even a year ago. Maybe in a year or two
>>
>>28156374
Nah, PMD is gonna become a yearly release series.
>>
>>28156461
god I hope not
>>
File: 1469115500707.jpg (12KB, 247x124px) Image search: [Google]
1469115500707.jpg
12KB, 247x124px
>>28156487
Out.

>mfw reading through this thread

Actually never mind, stay. I'm out.
>>
>>28156643
why would you want chunsoft to rush out a new game every year instead of having time to work on it
>>
>>28156643
ok bye
>>
>>28156291
1MD x gen.
>>
>>28156643
See you next week
>>
File: Raivolt.png (200KB, 496x548px)
Raivolt.png
200KB, 496x548px
>>28156643
>wanting PMD to become as formulaic as the main series
>>
>>28157254
PMD already fucked itself over with AS, Gates, and Super so I don't see how a yearly release can be any worse than what we have.
>>
>>28157481
>PMD already fucked itself over with AS, Gates, and Super
???
>>
>>28157577
To be fair, Gates and Super were pretty noticeably rushed to completion, Gates moreso. Say what you will about the main series, but at least a formulaic series will (usually) stay polished at its core, which is something PMD hasn't really been able to do.
>>
>>28157481
No.
Spin-offs are one of the best things in this franchise and shouldn't be ruined.
>>
>>28157577
>literally Sky with less content and no plot
>game with half the gameplay mechanics, mon selection and difficulty cut out, shit mechanics
>game that keeps Gates's shit mechanics like regular attacks that deal 5 damage while also including its own brand of garbage like breaks
Ok
>>
File: 1472566143278.png (89KB, 380x310px)
1472566143278.png
89KB, 380x310px
>>28157739
>thinking "hit A to kill everything and rarely use any actual attacks" is a good mechanic
If you don't like the games after Sky that's your own opinion but your /v/ tier posting, I can do without.
>>
>>28157739
>Comparing a re-release which took 2 years to make with a new game

At least Super and Gates tied up their plotlines, unlike T/D which just leaves the future hanging and doesn't explore one character outside of the main cast.
>>
>>28157814
>unlike T/D which just leaves the future hanging
Different anon, but for me that's half the fun. The game left a lot of loose ends open that gave the player more incentive to keep playing the game after finishing the postgame stuff. Finding Darkrai was an adventure in-and-of-itself for me, and it was easier to let my imagination fill in the gaps that way. By comparison, Super and Gates "tied up" their plotlines with some really underwhelming, short postgames and lacked any kind of satisfaction, which made it harder for me to want to keep playing.
>>
>>28157739
Breaks aside, Super's gameplay felt very solid to me. Say what you want about the horrible plot, but I had the most fun playing Super than I did any other game in the series.
Gates at least makes up for the poor gameplay with an okay plot. Won't deny it was still a weak entry, though.
>>
Who's worse? Anti-Super nostalgiafags or Gates apologists?
>>
File: 1471897013415.jpg (50KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1471897013415.jpg
50KB, 407x286px
>>28157904
Gates has a good story and characters. You're allowed to like pieces of something without liking something as a whole.
>>
>>28157875
Sky has no momentum. You beat Dialga and then nothing of importance happens for 15 hours until Darkrai pops up and says "BTW Dialga was my bitch" and you kill him.

Special episodes don't fit anywhere into the main storyline and kills all momentum.

Shaymin village is a long tedious unavoidable sidequest which kills all momentum.

In Super, everything you do upon reaching lively town builds up to the final confrontation, leading to results which the post-game wraps up quickly. The story finishes with a bang, a few lingering sentiments and doesn't overstay its welcome like Dragon Ball GT.
>>
File: 10.png (201KB, 506x376px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
201KB, 506x376px
>>28157962
>Gates has good story characters

Love this meme
>>
What is with the shitty posts lately? Feels like the greater mass of /vp/ suddenly decided to look in this thread and shit it up, rather than the quieter, friendlier atmosphere I'm used to from PMDG.
>>
>>28157981
It was the same dusnparce?
>>
>>28156643
Imma regret this, Source? and what are they saying?
>>
>>28158017
I warned you not to compare the games. Look at the rest of /vp/, every gen wanting to kill the other because they slightly prefer one over the other.

All PMD games are great except the WiiWare ones. Great writing, great gameplay, great characters, especially when compared to everything else involving Pokémon.
>>
>>28157966
What? What on earth are you talking about? The whole point of the postgame content is that it's more relaxed and episodic, similar to what Rescue Team was like. It's way more of a fitting way to do the postgame compared to both Gates and Super, which were way too short and squandered any kind of emotional connection or potential they could have had.

I mean, if you want to talk momentum, let me tell you my experience with Super.

I started Super and actually felt pretty optimistic at first, since the partner had a personality and they were easing you into some of the mechanics still. I knew we were going to go to Lively Town and join the guild eventually, so while I enjoyed the interactions, I patiently waited for the tutorial to end and for the story to really get going. There wasn't any foreshadowing or mysteries being opened up (like the Dimensional Scream or anything), so there wasn't much to keep me attached to the village. Then I got the Connection Orb and got told "we're not starting the story or letting you join the guild yet, we have to keep easing you in" despite the game being a quarter over. That was the moment I stopped caring about Serene Village or any of its inhabitants. By the time I actually reached Lively Town, I couldn't be arsed to care about the story at all anymore because it had wasted so much of my time. That is "no momentum".
>>
>>28158128
More like ADD.

Have you ever gotten past the first chapter in a book before the lack of explosions made you lose interest?
>>
>>28158108
The fanboyism needs to stop. Liking one entry in a series more than another is no reason to declare every other game in the series as shit.
This thread is one of the few places on /vp/ where you don't have to deal with retards posting nothing but greentext with a reaction image trying to act superior for liking a specific game or trying to force a shitty meme they came up with. If you wanna like Sky, that's cool, but don't start posting about how every other entry in the series is shit to do it.
>>
>>28158017
I said this in an earlier thread, but for better or worse, it's been almost a year since Super was released. There really isn't much to talk about at this point, since both gameplay discussion and story discussion has pretty much been exhausted. Usually generals go in one of two directions at that point; they either devolve into harsh arguing (like they've been for the past couple threads) or they end up turning into a lot of only-semi-related speculation and wankery. If anything I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have.
>>
>>28158276
Yeah, I agree. Once I refinish Super with my custom starters that'll probably be it for me until we see a new MD get announced.
>>
File: Totodile Block.png (19KB, 113x95px) Image search: [Google]
Totodile Block.png
19KB, 113x95px
>>28157962
>>28157981
I hate to say it but I think part of the reason I'm predisposed not to like Gates is from the crippled amount of recruitable Pokemon. Not being able to use my signature duo (Charmander/Totodile) really curbed my enthusiasm also.

Looking back I was probably too harsh on the game's story, since it definitely tried its best to maintain the same level of character development given the lack of (Pokemon) diversity. Even Super has its own share of bullshit plot-wise.

That said I really did enjoy Gate's paradise mechanic. I think most of my hours spent in-game were devoted to that.
>>
>>28158264
That's a lot easier said than done. 4chan isn't completely unwieldy though, our best bet is to discourage such behavior by ignoring them.

>>28158276
There's lots to talk about. Like who the fuck is the composer? And how the hell do they keep getting away with all this clearly non-kid friendly shit?
>>
>>28158389
>Like who the fuck is the composer
this
what other stuff has he done in the past and why doesn't he do the mainline game music?
>>
File: Heatmor Coffee.png (9KB, 364x453px)
Heatmor Coffee.png
9KB, 364x453px
>>28158389
Did I miss something? What's so "non-kid friendly" about Super's OST?
>>
>>28158389
Composer like... uh, music? We all know it's SDD in Rescue Team and Explorers, but I think for Gates and Super it was someone else, right? It'd explain why the music felt so different in the other two.

>>28158362
I'm kind of in the same boat here, though I'm still not entirely sold on the plot, but that's more because I can't get into games with large casts like what Gates and Super tried to do. Gimme a really small group of characters that all work together from the get-go and I'm happier, it's why I like FF5 over 4 or 6.

I still feel like the Paradise mechanic is the way the games should have gone in terms of expanding the gameplay. For me, Sky's gameplay, plus giving the IQ groups a little more polish and adding in the base-customization would have been perfect.
>>
>>28158462
I'm guessing the "they" in the last sentence was supposed to refer to Chunsoft in general getting away with stuff like the fugitive arc and the Voidlands.
>>
>>28157904
Gates is the worst title in the series (except for the wiiware titles), but that doesn't mean it doesn't have good parts and it's not irredeemable rubbish like people act.
A lot of the people hating on it haven't even played it, and are just parroting what they've heard from others.
If they would have just priced it at say, 15 bucks instead of full title price, I would be lot more forgiving of it.
>>
>>28158462
What, the OST only made me orgasm?
>>
>>28158602
I paid 45$ but it felt OK since I played Sky on an emulator. Pirated Super as revenge, so I guess I have to buy the sequel now.
>>
If SMD really was the last game, which outcome would you prefer? Gamefreak taking some of the staff members (writer, composer etc.) to add minor content to the next mainline game, or Chunsoft making spinoffs of a different franchise again?
>>
>>28158826
Ask me again once Sun and Moon come out. Maybe I'm being a bit too hopeful here, but SM seem to be making a lot of sorely-needed changes to the mainline games, and that alone would be enough to tell me that they might not need extra help to do so. On the flipside, if it turns out that a lot of those changes aren't actually changes after all, then maybe they could stand to have other people give them a poke in the ribs.

Personally I'd prefer Chunsoft to keep making MD spinoffs in either situation anyway, so let's go with that.
>>
>>
>>28158389
>Like who the fuck is the composer?
The music composers are listed in the end credits.
>>
>>28159295
Keisuke Ito, Yasuhiro Kawagoe, and Noriko Murakami are listed under music composition in the credits, and I googled the first one and found this:
http://www.ennichisaiblokm.com/#!keisukeito/c16fr
I'm not sure if it's the same person as the one listed in the credits, and I don't speak moon so I don't know what the text says, but the music linked on that page is pretty neato.
>>
File: FuturePart1.png (346KB, 600x744px)
FuturePart1.png
346KB, 600x744px
>>
File: FuturePart2.png (341KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
FuturePart2.png
341KB, 600x643px
>>28159549
>>
File: FuturePart3.png (628KB, 600x1090px)
FuturePart3.png
628KB, 600x1090px
>>28159651
>>
>>28158826
Gates to infinity sold like 1.29m and they created the most expensive MD: Super.

Super has sold 1.23m or so.they're good sales for a spin-off....
Also,keep in mind that they have 721 pokemon modeled in Super so they only need to have models of the new pokemon...so i think it woudn't be that expansive than super.
>>
>>28159819
yeah most of the hard work regarding assets is done, they have a good engine and all of the pre-SM models done
>>
>>28159719
That's some, gay shit you know?
>>
>>28159954
its not gay if its vulpix
>>
>>28159954
No, it's fine
It's Pokemon so it's fine
>>
File: FuturePart4.png (270KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
FuturePart4.png
270KB, 600x598px
>>28159719
>>
File: FuturePart5.png (403KB, 600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
FuturePart5.png
403KB, 600x1170px
>>28160006
>>
>>28159549
>picked phanpy
>>
>>28160851
i wanted to put that in a spoiler on the first image but i thought it would ruin the picture's mood hahahah
>>
Guys what GEN VII,VI or V new non-starters are more likelu to debut in PMD5?
I'd say Rockruff,Litwick,Pancham,Goomy,Stufful,Espurr and Minccino are all likely choices.
>>
File: Meguroco.png (688KB, 1280x1280px)
Meguroco.png
688KB, 1280x1280px
>>28161072
qt Just give me a Dark type already
>>
need new thread

>>28161072
Scraggy?
>>
>>28161072
>Minccino
>giving protags access to a mon with technician and a plethora of multi hit moves
they can't be this dumb
>>
>>28161260
Yeah, what's next? A multihit attack that's also ranged?
>>
>>28161298
but anon, cinccino GETS bullet seed
>>
>>28161260
I don't know, they let people use Skitty and gave Chespin Pin Missile and Rollout.
>>
>>28161323
>Cinccino

Key word.
>>
>>28161327
chespin having stab bullet seed would've been more broken than rollout tbf
>>
File: SSBM Purin.png (114KB, 368x298px)
SSBM Purin.png
114KB, 368x298px
>Doubleslap+Rollout Jigglypuff partner
A shame her base stats are so terrible because she'd be god tier.

I forgot if Bullet Seed TMs are still a thing in the newer games. RT Treecko was pretty good in my game because he had that move.
>>
>>28161447
bullet seed stopped being a tm otherwise you can bet your ass chespin would now be oneshotting bosses from across the room

new thread by the way
>>28161487
>>28161487
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.