[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Anime Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 39

File: trio.png (861KB, 1142x638px) Image search: [Google]
trio.png
861KB, 1142x638px
Welcome to the Pokémon Anime Discussion Thread. Talk about new episodes, old episodes, upcoming episodes, anime Pokégirls, sub releases, discuss, speculate, bitch and moan, etc., etc.

>NOT-SHIT SUBS:
http://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/#PocketMonstersXYSubbed

>Citronic Gear On's music rips:
http://pastebin.com/C2gkFb0g

>Newfag Airing/viewing order guide:
http://pastebin.com/anb9qe55

>****New trailer for upcoming events (Flare Arc)****
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDLz9sHvm5A [Embed]

>Movie 19: Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna [Jul 16th]
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
Excerpt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMWw5xiwW8 [Embed]

>LET'S GO SEE GEKKOUGA IN THE THEATER! SPECIAL GEKKOUGA VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-34tfTiqo [Embed]

Next episode:
>XY&Z39: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!! [Aug 25th]
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xyz/trailer/

Upcoming episodes:
>XY&Z40: The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! [Sep 1st]
>XY&Z41: Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Citroid Forever!! [Sep 8th]
>XY&Z42&43 1 Hour Special [Sep 15th]

Shit people will ask:
>Is this season good? I haven't watched the anime in [x] years and-
JUST

>Will Serena win da Ash?
FUCK

>Muh subs when?
[PM] is subbing XY&Z. Their releases can happen any time of the week.

Old thread:
>>27902156
>>
>>27905779
Satoshi would've won if He literally dragged his own Lizardon to Kalos and had it train daily with Greninja.
>>
File: 142326432324.png (203KB, 740x719px) Image search: [Google]
142326432324.png
203KB, 740x719px
Long hair Serena best Serena.
>>
File: DialSoap.jpg (56KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
DialSoap.jpg
56KB, 238x238px
This place is filthy! Let's clean it up. :)

This post brought to you by Dial Soap
>>
File: 1471290676126.gif (3MB, 336x178px) Image search: [Google]
1471290676126.gif
3MB, 336x178px
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>27905796
He would have won if he hadn't asked Alain if he was gonna be in the league
>>
File: 1465324714835.png (134KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1465324714835.png
134KB, 500x418px
>>27905839
>dubs confirms
>>
>>27905839
But Serena lost her competition too so they're both keks. They're meant for each other
>>
File: 1471573640722.png (92KB, 446x495px) Image search: [Google]
1471573640722.png
92KB, 446x495px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_-7tWcr3Y
>>
File: 143c8095ef160ed0.jpg (81KB, 1017x786px) Image search: [Google]
143c8095ef160ed0.jpg
81KB, 1017x786px
>>27905839
Ship is stronk as always.
>>
Can anything salvage this? Will the writers even attempt to salvage it?

Was Alain cheating? Will Alain and Satoshi have a rematch for Satoshi to be the rightful champion?

These last episodes better be good. I hardly feel like even bothering them with.
>>
>>27905947
Tthe only way this will be salvaged is if they have a proper rematch in the Kalos league arena if there was meddling involved.

Non-official rematches won't mean shit because they'd be for naught in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>27905947
There is nothing they can do besides changing the episode. Nothing will redeem it because only a fair battle in that stadium counts.
>>
>>27905990
It was a fair and square fight. There was literally no one who interfered
>>
File: 02_by_nurinaki-d6pkya9.png (4MB, 3000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
02_by_nurinaki-d6pkya9.png
4MB, 3000x1800px
Alain deserved the win - Zard X is on a different league than anything on Ash's team except Pikachu, and Ash had already used Pikachu up. Ash was also a retard and didn't bring in any of his old powerhouses he has on standby, and instead opted to use a whole bunch of newbies.

Should they have built it up as much as they did? No, it was pretty much just yanking everyone's chain. That was especially bad on the marketing team, and building up AshNinja was a poor choice of the writers. But anyone who's seen the specials and has seen what Zard X is capable of shouldn't have expected any of Ash's Kalos Pokemon to be even close to capable.

Oh, and Serena's not going to stay for Alola, the new girl has already been confirmed in artwork.
>>
What do you think of the result of the last episode, and did you expect it?

Please vote here?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11020292
>>
Where can I get raw episodes of XY? I've looked around nyaa but I can't find much.
>>
>>27905779
>Shit people will ask:
>>Is this season good? I haven't watched the anime in [x] years and-
>JUST
>>Will Serena win da Ash?
>FUCK

Finally
>>
>>27905947
>>27905990

Even if they had a rematch, its too late. The hype is over and the moment is passed, Ash will always be known as being 0-6 at Kalos for leagues.
>>
>>27906029
>Should they have built it up as much as they did? No, it was pretty much just yanking everyone's chain.

Dont get me started on that fucking episode title
>>
Literally leaving the perfect girl for tanned island trash
>>
File: 56988098_p0.jpg (1MB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
56988098_p0.jpg
1MB, 868x1228px
Since this seems to be one of the main complaints of people who don't care about the show anyway, what's everybody's opinions on changing protags with the seasons/regions?
People always say that that would "fix everything" about the anime.
>>
>>27905024

This. Who else isn't giving up until the end? I mean with redeeming Ash and amour.

You can be Kalos Champ, but no champ is worth anything if he can't defend his title. And Ash WILL surpass him. I'll take that as a finale and be satisfied.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Hey guys, I took a shit ton of sleeping pills after Ash lost in an attempt to wake up to a world where Ash didn't lose, but it looks like I failed. I just woke up, about 24 hours after he lost it looks like. I'm not sure where everyone else is in the stages of grief, but I think I'm in the bargaining stage. I think that if there is some kind of closure between Ash and Serena, and not just a high five, I might be okay with this season. Am I the only one who feels this way? I'm sorry if I'm late, the eight Benadryl I took a while ago were pretty strong.
>>
You can't fight fate
>>
File: 1458892096843.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458892096843.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
I feel so empty, I don't even feel like playing pokemon anymore

how are you guys coping with the events that just transpired?
>>
>>27908712
I don't know about you, but I'm coping just fine - I guess I've gotten used to seeing him fail so many times that I just don't give much of a damn anymore.

I am interested to see where this whole deal with Zygarde is going, though.
>>
>>27908712
I'm currently grinding in Yellow for a Ditto with good Defense and Special DVs so I can breed a decent team for Stadium 2 i.e. actually having fun instead of watching this feces and playing the feces that is XY/OR ASS.

Worried as fuck for SM. Hopes aren't high.
>>
>>27908712
I believe in the 50 or so cuts to Serena's face specifically during the league. If they wanted cutesy shipping moments, it could be just like all passed ships where the girl reacts with the camera also on the other characters. This is something more serious, so that takes care of amour for me.

As for Ash not being a fuck, he's going to surpass Alan and beat him in the end. It will mark his progress from the start of XY. He will non-officially be the strongest in Kalos, and that's all anyone with half a brain would have predicted when it leaked that team flare arc was right after the league.
>>
>>27908749
>He will non-officially be the strongest in Kalos
I can see it.
>>
>>27906029
This argument needs to die already. The entire point of the main series (not 4 specials that were used to show mega evolutions and show how strong Alan was) this time was that Ash wanted to win the league. 4 specials where Alan has a few good fights doesn't suddenly mean he's an unstoppable god that Ash can never touch. I guess it would have been just fine if Goku had always lost at the world tournemant every time. He should have lost to Freeza too, did you see how strong he was?
>>
>>27906029
>Oh, and Serena's not going to stay for Alola, the new girl has already been confirmed in artwork.
I've not been around here for a while, where's this artwork?
Anything else semi-confirmed like who will have what Pokemon?
>>
>>27908770
Goku lost to Jackie Chun because Chun outfoxed him. Goku was stronger. Goku beat Tien too but got hit by a truck. Goku beat Piccolo.

Goku a best, GT/Super a fucking shit,
>>
>>27908763
In terms of pokemon trainers anyway. There's still Diantha. Though they may do yet another rematch with her, though I seriously doubt it.
But if they did and they somehow beat her Gardevoir, that'd be pretty insane.

It wouldn't be a 6v6 champion battle obviously. I think they'll achieve most of what they need to address writing-wise when he beats Lysandre though.
>>
>>27908384
>People always say that that would "fix everything" about the anime.

These are the same people that think Red would be a good protagonist. A guy who beats the Elite 4 on his first try is not fun to watch as an MC. And a lot of series have tried replacing their MC in new series and I wouldn't say any of them are particularly better than Pokemon has been.

>>27908791
Agreed on GT/Super being shit, Buu arc I'd also say was awful. But the point is that Goku did eventually win on his 3rd or 4th try (Can't remember it's been ages since I read the manga). If XY existed in a vacuum I wouldn't even be that mad, the problem is he's lost 5 times before this now.
>>
File: Pokemon SuMo Starter Evo leak.jpg (233KB, 537x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon SuMo Starter Evo leak.jpg
233KB, 537x1171px
>>27908784
Look at the fire cat's and see the part of where he's sleeping. Next to him is what appears to look like the new girl Mallow and a boy in a hat with a pikachu.
>>
>>27908749
Nope. Ash is getting kidnapped, Greninja's going to come in to save him but Zard X will end up coming in and doing most of the work. Then Steven's coming in to bail both Ash and Alain out when they both get in over their heads with Lysander (this last part is practucaly confirmed as Steven's voice actor is returning for three episodes).

My bet is that this series is going to end by having Alain and Ash start a battle at the end of the last episode, and then it'll freeze free right as their Pokemon are running in for their attack, and fade to credits, and when the next season starts up, we'll either never know who won or Ash will be talking to Pikachu about how they almost beat him.
>>
>>27908820
Diantha is shit tbqh. In her introductory episode Gardevoir had to fucking go Mega in order to escape from a TR trap.

Alain would wipe the floor with her eviscerated labia.

>>27908825
>Buu arc I'd also say was awful
GTFO

And yeah, Goku won on his third try after getting fucking robbed his second try. First try was more or less a fair loss-ish.
>>
are the nips still pissed
>>
>>27908837
You should reread the Buu arc, aside from some pretty cool scenes (SS3 and Vegito) it was pretty bad compared to the other arcs.

>>27908848
Yes.
>>
>>27908834
Is Steven really confirmed for the next 3 episodes?

either way there's no point in having alan look edgy in the preview if ash wasn't going to take him down and make him realize he's a edgy retard
>>
>Lysandre was watching Ash-Greninja like a hawk in the previous matches
>Suddenly now that his strongest minion is fighting it, he's fucking around on his phone
>Alan's mega bracelet is made by Team Flare and has Mega energy transfer functions

I'm just fucking saying.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (124KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
124KB, 688x800px
>>27905779
>people actually care about the anime after sinnoh
topkek, you all deserve this ash will never win.
>>
>>27908837
Oh and the whole thing about getting robbed isn't really so bad if it's just the first time. It would have been bullshit if he got robbed a third time, although at that point the series was slowly moving away from the world tournemant as a reputable competition. With Ash we already had him getting robbed in DP and I don't even know what to call what happened in BW. Although BW was so bad it would have been a hollow victory to win there.
>>
>>27908830
I wonder if the placement of that Rowlet means it's Ash's.
>>
>>27908875
Even if this is true, what will they do? Have a rematch? It'll just be a hollow victory if Ash wins it that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
Delete your general
>>
>>27908875
>Alan's mega bracelet is made by Team Flare and has Mega energy transfer functions
Still doesn't power Charizard up.
>>
>>27905796
It doesn't matter what he does. It doesn't matter how good he gets. Ash literally isn't allpwed to win a league. Mega Charizard Z and Ash-Greninja 999% could do the fusion dance while Ash could be the master of typing knowledge, and he would still lose.

This isn't a matter of Ash having to do this or that. The writers are fucking hacks. That's all it is.
>>
>>27908892
Not until Serena leaves. Then the whole board will explode into butt hurt.
>>
>>27908825
>If XY existed in a vacuum I wouldn't even be that mad, the problem is he's lost 5 times before this now.

I wouldn't even say that's the problem - the problem is that there's been NO progression since the Sinnoh league, and arguably none since the Hoenn league.

In indigo ash made it to the top 16
In silver ash made it to top 8
In hoenn ash made it to top 8 again, but lost only to the eventual champion
In Sinnoh ash made it to top 4, and lost again to only the champion (who was a Diablo ex machina).

He then regressed back to top 8 in unova, and in kalos he got token progression to the finals when he's already ONLY lost to the champion twice in a fucking row.

Ash had actual, tangible improvement during the first three leagues. Since then, he's only staled or gotten worse, and all the pre-hype for this match made it worse.

I don't think Alain should have lost to Ash under pretty much any real circumstance (Alain goes fucking even with Steven goddamn Stone, he is just straight out of Ash's league), but I also think that it was compete bullshit that Alain actually entered the tournament to begin with. Ash should have won the semi's against Trevor, and won the championship against Diantha - Alain should not have been there at all.
>>
By the way, this scene is confirmed to not be a foreshadowing of Lysandre vs Wulfric, since Lysandre's Mega Gyarados is a shiny one. Just in case anyone was still wondering about that speculation.
>>
>>27908900
the tobias loss is still 1000 times worse, i'm half expecting that to happen again in tikiland.
>>
>>27908889
>it's hollow because he doesn't have the title

no, fuck you. What matters is how far his character comes by the end of XY. If he literally beats Alan, then it's an indirect way to say he finally achieved the strength that would have torn through every single other person at the league.

When he reaches that point is irrelevant. What matters is that he does it.

I'm going to assume you're mad because of BW, and thinking they'll reset ash's character next season even though outside of that reboot he's been actually progressing the entire anime.
>>
>>27908864
He's confirmed on 3 episodes this season, I don't know if it's the next ones or later though.
>>
>>27908889
>After they save everyone from Flare, the league officials DQ Alan and try to give Ash the trophy
>Ash refuses and demands a rematch
>They 1v1 their aces and Froggo narrowly wins

This is the only way to redeem it.
>>
>>27908921
he'll appear to help against the zygarde disaster because literally everyone will be there. It's more likely that Serena of all people saves Ash than fucking steven at this point.
>>
>>27908898
That's the plot twist, Anon. I'm suggesting that Lysandre pushed energy to the bracelet instead of draining from it because he needed Ash-Greninja to be KO'd so they could kidnap Ash.
>>
>still thinking reamtch is happening
Ultimate battle of Ash has ended. Just let it go.
In the end of TF Koriina will save everyone with Mega Lucario.
>>
>>27908941
in b4 serena gets blasted along the space time axis and ends up on another planet or some stupid shit, hence why she doesn't show up next season.
>>
>>27908925
Mr.Frog won't win though.

He fought against an already damaged lizard and still lost - there's no logical way to make Ash win at all.

UNLESS Alain gets rid of his Mega Stine, because he hates Lysander or some bullshit like that.

Actually, I can see the writers trying to push AshGreninja vs Regular Charizard as the real rematch.
>>
>>27908791
But that was when Goku was still a child
When he was an adult he only really lost to Raditz and Cell
Ash lost to Ritchie in the first league(Even though it was stupid)but then he lost to Harrison and Tyson and Tobias and Cameron and now Alain
>>
>>27908902
>I wouldn't even say that's the problem - the problem is that there's been NO progression since the Sinnoh league, and arguably none since the Hoenn league.

That's pretty much what I mean though. He's lost against the eventual champion twice before, this really should have been the time he won it all.

>I don't think Alain should have lost to Ash under pretty much any real circumstance (Alain goes fucking even with Steven goddamn Stone, he is just straight out of Ash's league)

I disagree, that is exactly why Ash should have won. It doesn't necessarily mean he would beat Alan every time, but it means he's finally progressed to the point where he can actually beat people who are almost good as the Champions. And you could even argue that Alan's only good pokemon was MegaZard and that the Champions are probably much better with 6 pokemon than Alan. After 20 years, I don't think it's so much to expect Ash to beat Alan at least once.

>but I also think that it was compete bullshit that Alain actually entered the tournament to begin with. Ash should have won the semi's against Trevor, and won the championship against Diantha - Alain should not have been there at all.

I would agree if they had shown Diantha more, but I thought the way they introduced Alan was good and I actually do like his character.

>>27908918
The point of XY was that he finally wanted to win the league. We've known since DP that he was strong enough to potentially win the league if there was no bullshit going on and he doesn't suddenly forget how to battle.
>>
>>27908969
>Actually, I can see the writers trying to push AshGreninja vs Regular Charizard as the real rematch.

youre actually a retard
>>
Hey guys.

Friendly reminder that Ash lost yesterday to Alain.

He fucking lost. I'm so happy :D
>>
>>27908982
>The point of XY was that he finally wanted to win the league

I could argue that the "point" was always Ash droning on about getting "stronger and stronger." If anything, that's the NEW point, as he literally says this right after the finals.

Ash getting strong enough to defeat Alan is literally THE point. And it's going to happen, and no one fucking cares. Fuck all of you. Yeah I'm pissed about the league, but it doesn't mean Ash-Greninja is over.
>>
File: BMFuQ28CMAIAOUa.png (206KB, 598x337px) Image search: [Google]
BMFuQ28CMAIAOUa.png
206KB, 598x337px
>>27908969
Or Alan gives Ash his mega stone, which would indirectly make Ash the strongest non-elite 4 and non-champion trainer. But that's just wishful thinking and unrealistic expectations. Then again, The Zard always appears in the darkest of times.
>>
>>27909003
muh nigga
>>
I swear to God if the writers just teased use about these Lose and it will be revealed that Team Flare gave Alain a tampered Stone, and the Finals will be rematched, Ash wins becomes the champion and form his strongest team to beat the e4 and champion, I swear if this fucking happens, im gonna suck the writers dicks and pre order a lot of Sun & Moon then give to homeless people.
>>
>>27908969
No no Anon you misunderstood. I'm saying Charizard was able to tank all those hits and OHKO because Lysandre was boosting the mega stone with that Flare tech bracelet. And if my bullshit is correct, it means that it wasn't actually Charizard's real strength Greninja was up against.
>>
File: 1471494700533.png (529KB, 769x430px)
1471494700533.png
529KB, 769x430px
>>27909018
>Alan gives Ash his mega stone
ohshit
>>
File: 1467277580224.jpg (391KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467277580224.jpg
391KB, 1366x768px
She just found out that Ash didn't defeat Alan in the Kalos League final. How will you console her?
>>
>>27909040
Literally no hints has been provided.
>>
Please give me Cynthia x Steven ship to compensate with this shit.
>>
File: BRZv7zs.jpg (250KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
BRZv7zs.jpg
250KB, 1280x960px
>>
Now that it's all over we can agree this league was some letdown bullshit right?
>no reserves
>skipped more than half the matches
>Mega Absol fight lasted 10 seconds
>only 2 actual matches with Ash
>said 2 matches were almost nothing but KO trading
>Goodra was fucking useless
>Ash didn't even get to win
The animation team being based as fuck was the only thing that saved it. At least we got some cool gifs/webms out of it. Even in that regard they used a shitton of stock footage on the matches they didn't care about (Noivern vs Salamence for example was like 40% stock footage).
>>
>>27909059

*compensate for
>>
>>27908825
it works for Yu gi Oh
>>
>>27908986
I hope you're this salty when it happens anon, because it's fucking coming and you know it.
>>
Does anyone have a webm of Bisharp using Guillotine on Goodra? That was fucking brutal.
>>
>>27909073
I haven't watched it but I've heard that only one of the new series was actually really good and everything else was pretty bad.
>>
You know what's funniest? Charizard wasn't even Alain's MVP of the battle

It was his Bisharp that won him the League
>>
>>27909059
The anime prefers the Dawn x Cynthia ship
>>
So if S/M ends up having new Megas (seems unlikely at this point but I'm not ruling it out) do you guys think they'll keep Alan around?
>>
>>27909066
They should have at least had a montage of Ash / Alan / Tierno / Shota beating their way through the other trainers.
>>
>>27909107
Even so, Guillotine working as well as it did was luck.
>>
>>27909111
Keeping Alan around would make a lot less sense than keeping Serena around.
>>
>>27909125
How so? Serena's not the one who got her own miniseries.
>>
>>27909050
>>27908875
Plus Malva talking about it like it was guaranteed.
>but she was just confident in Alan!
Literally no one knows what Ash-Greninja is or what it's capable of. You cannot be that confident against a total unknown.
>>
>>27909125
Serena's been confirmed to be replaced, and they kept Ritchie and Gary around for 3 seasons, so keeping Alain around for another isn't too far fetched.
>>
Watch the entire Flare arc be a complete joke and an exercise in making fun of anyone who had any hype for this show. I bet Lysandre loses by tripping on his own shoelaces and falls into his own deathbeam or some shit like that.
>>
File: 1471533970960.png (292KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
1471533970960.png
292KB, 600x592px
Friendly reminder that the frog has brought great shame to Satoshi
>>
>>27909125
i'm legitimately hoping tobias comes back just to slap ash's shit in some more in sun and moon with more bullshit legendaries and smogonshit.
that may have seriously been the single most hilarious thing in pokemon history.
>>
So was there a proper thread as some point that got deleted in favor of this shitposter thread or something?
>>
>>27909141
Alan knows what Ashnimja's capable of.

Jobbing. That's pretty much fucking it.
>>
>>27909066
I would agree. If this was to be Ash's winning League there would have been a lot more fanfare

>bringing back reserves
>lasting more episodes
>showing his mom and Oak (honestly this one is the killer)

DP felt more likely because he used a bunch of his older pokemon. Him winning with a bunch of newbies wouldn't haven't felt right.

If they were going to give him the win there'd make him use his most iconic mons in the final match
Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja
>>
>>27909152
Part of me actually likes the Tobias loss more, because it managed to make Ash look really strong even while losing.

Here he just kinda lost out of nowhere. It felt really weird.
>>
>>27909135
Player character in SM is so customisable that it isn't necessary to introduce a new one. You can just put Serena in a new outfit at this point. And beside that, Alan has served his purpose as showing off the megas and did his whole thing with TF. Maybe he'll get a few cameos ala Ritchie and Gary like >>27909145 is saying.
>>
>>27909169
he's a fag
>>
>>27909141
>jobfrog lost to Alan 3 times
>don't know
Yeah, huh. Also, there is no point of doing this bullshit league rematch. If they wanted him win, they would've let him win with super shuriken.
>>
stop
>>
>>27909169
i'll agree with that, because at least the tobias loss made sense, his halfassed team getting shitslapped my legendaries is something that happens in even game pokemon, OH-KO via guillotine equivalents is stupid, frog is shit for getting hit, his frog should seriously commit sudoku for that.
>>
>>27909103
WAS good, not IS good
>>
>>27909175
>Imperfect transformation
>Still went toe-to-toe
Son, your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth.
>>
Chances of Alan being on team Flare's side and Ash fighting him again and this time winning even though this time they both fight for something bigger than themselves?
>>
jjust
>>
Just back from /a/. They can't even make a bleach thread with over 2 replies.

>>27909141
>job
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>27909204
He perfected the transformation in episode 30? What are you talking about with imperfect transformation?
>>
>>27909212
You realize this is some troll thread from last night that got bumped regularly by shitposters, right?
>>
>>27909175
>jobfrog lost to Alan 3 times

This really pisses me off. Why is Alain portrayed as some unbeatable rival? He's not the champion like Diantha.
>>
File: 1437852354587.jpg (76KB, 605x703px)
1437852354587.jpg
76KB, 605x703px
>38,000 dislikes
>>
>>27909204
>toe-to-toe
He couldn't even scratch Char in his imperfect form. Charizard looked completely fine every battle, except final, when he got some hurtful hits, but this still wasn't enough to take him down.
>>
>>27909225
Because of his role in the new arc
>>
>>27909233
from how many people?
>>
>>27909225
>Why is Alain portrayed as some unbeatable rival?
Because he has the Charizard, who saves Gekkouga and gets glorified.
>>
>>27909259
At the very least 20.000, at the very most probably 35.000. Most likely around 30.000
>>
>>27909233
Amusing but what's their end game?
>>
>>27909269
>implying
>>
>>27909280
Shitposting
>>
>>27909233
Lots of angry fans yeah, but I doubt anything will happen. This isn't the first time the Pokeman anime trolled the shit out of everyone, they'll just get a new generations of kids to watch like they usually do.
>>
>>27909280
Show that they're dissatisfied? From a marketing perspective this is probably the dumbest thing they could have done. Genwunners are all playing Pokemon Go right now, having Ash win the league would have hyped them up to go buy Sun or Moon. Now if they have Ash win it will be too late, Genwunners will already be too old by then.
>>
>>27909291
Imagine if we had internet in the Kanto league
>>
>>27909222
Every time he fought with Alan before now has been with the incomplete water shroud thing. They fought in episodes 13 and 23, but Ash didn't perfect the sync into the giant shuriken until 28.
>>
>>27909306
heh
>>
>>27909310
Right that's the point he perfected the sync and fought Alan with his now perfected sync. Winning should have definitely been a possibility.
>>
>>27909291
>implying that Japan can make a new generation of kids in less than four years
The anime is fucked.
>>
>>27909306
Ouch
>>
>>27908892
>>>/a/

>>27909224
iirc the first troll thread was up over 12 hours ago. Not that /vp/ is capable of creating regular thread or following it.
>>
>>27909306
Back in Kanto his loss felt real, and they had a whole episode dedicated to him getting over it. That and his loss was attributed to something that was completely his fault (being unable to control his Charizard, and he never had an episode where he made a real effort to get through to him).

Here they hyped it up as if he was going to win, and they had Ash being competent and powerful the whole series. Then he lost at the last second and basically all Ash gave was "I lost, oh well".

It's pretty different. That's without mentioning the whole "20 years of losing" thing.
>>
>>27909310
>>27909323
You know Alan coulda gotten stronger too.
>>
>>27909306
#Sleep=/=Faint
>>
>>27909291
>they'll just get a new generations of kids
>Japan
>having kids

kek
>>
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
HAHAHAHAHA
twitter.com/AshGreninja1/status/766601181187538944
>>
>>27909323
Alan is still stronger. He probably trained for the league too.
>>
>Still watching the show
>After 8/18
>In this year, the year of our Lord, 2016

nah man, It's just not worth it anymore.
>>
>>27909335
Yeah but this series isn't over, this loss was leadup to the Flare arc
>>
File: GXJeanetteFisher.png (118KB, 271x419px)
GXJeanetteFisher.png
118KB, 271x419px
>>27909306
There'd be lewds of Jeanette for a start.
>>
>>27909398
nice
>>
Ash used a fucking z move. He has to perfect it to beat alan
>>
>>27909393
This
>>
>>27909391
I'm just hanging around for Alola news
>>
Part of me thinks the writers thought they were being really clever by writing a le epic plot twist with Ash's loss, which just shows it's just another thing about plot structuring they don't seem to understand very well.

Guess they should stick to the "We did nothing" episodes.
>>
Flare arc looks cool
>>
>>27909377
>>27909338
What even is this argument? May as well just apply it to every series and just say the MC may as well lose. Freeza was training too, there's no way Goku could win! (Do not fucking mention Super) Shohoku can't beat Sannoh it's not possible! Sannoh are too talented and practice too hard! It doesn't matter how much Echizen practiced because Yukimura and Sanada and Atobe practiced the same amount and were better than him before they started practicing! Luffy can never be pirate king because he'll never catch up to Kaidou ever.

Nobody actually thinks that Alan shouldn't have possibly won because of in universe reasons. They think that Ash shouldn't have lost because of the entire story up until now.
>>
>>27905779
Does anybody know where I can look up the history of the anime's ratings, along with its ratings compared to other shows aired on TV Tokyo or shows on other channels but with the same timeslot?
>>
>>27909442
Yes
>>
>>27909204
>Still went toe to toe

You're that dumbass faggot from several threads across, aren't you? You can't just keep saying shit and hoping it's true.

Go watch Greninja's rematch again. Greninja never goes toe-to-toe with Mega Zard - he gets in one good hit, Alain gets excited that they might have a decent match (not as excited as he got against Houndoom or Blastoise), and then Ash has a heart attack and the battle stops, and Zard doesn't have a fucking scratch on him, unlike when he fights actually powerful Mega's or Primals.
>>
>>27909446
Oh and the Devilbats will also never beat the Oujou White Knights, look at how good Shin is he'll never lose.
>>
>>27909442
I'm salty as fuck at Ash's loss, but I'm not going to let it ruin any enjoyment I can get out of the rest of the show. We're almost at the finish line so might as well make it there.
>>
>>27909451
ANN.
But it's basically always been in or near the top 10, usually in the top 7-12, the exact position depending on what other shows are current.

Watch out for retards/Scott samefag saying "it got like a 10.0 in 2008 and a 3.0 this year so it's dead" while ignoring that all other shows dipped the same
>>
>>27909480
I agree, I can't imagine that they would have Ash lose the way he did without having him shine once more in the series.
>>
>>27909446
>They think that Ash shouldn't have lost because of the entire story up until now.
Entrie story is about "I lost, but it was fun, dream is not over, let's go to new region to get moto moto tsuyoku".

Losing is only way for Ash to move forward.
>>
>>27909446
>Freeza was training too, there's no way Goku could win! (Don't mention Super).

Um...

Freiza had never trained a day in his life pre-hype, and this was canon back in Z.

Come the F movie, it took him 3 months to train up to just under Goku's level, while Goku had been training for several years. Had he trained for a year, or as long as Goku had trained, he would have ripped his fucking head off.
>>
>>27909467
The point of that scene was to give you a brief moment where greninja overpowers charizard.

Fucking autist. Unless charizard is fucking bleeding, sweating with his organs falling out of his sliced stomach, you think the writers didn't show us a crucial moment of progress from ash
>>
>>27909446
Show me why on earth you think that Greninja's water shrunken is more powerful than Mega Blastoise fucking Hydro Pump.
>>
You liars said you'd end the generals if Ass lost
>>
>>27909513
He was over Goku's level. He just wasn't used enough to the form he could hold it so long and lot because he stalled the fight too much.
>>
>>27909507
>I won but i'm not done yet. I'll keep training until i'm the greatest in world so let's get moving to that next region
>>
Now that Ash lost the league and all the build up to his success was pointless, what about Amour?
>>
>>27909526
No, you said that a bunch of times, pretending you were several people.
>>
>>27909517
>landed a hit
>woohoo they're totally same level
By your Greninja WITHOUT transformation is as strong as Diantha's Gardevoir, because he landed Cut on her once.
>>
>>27909517
He didn't overpower Charizard. He got a clean hit in, which as we know means fucking nothing unless we see Pokemon actually have scratches or are banged up. And Zard pretty much no-sold it.

He never fucking went even with Mega Zard.
>>
>>27909507
The whole thing in XY was that he wanted to win the league. Him losing in other regions makes it seem like this is finally the time he should win, especially DP. And losing is not the only way to move Ash forward, he could even lose to the first member of the E4 and still want to travel. He could even skip the E4 entirely and he would still want to become stronger. He even says that winning the league is the first step in becoming a Pokemon master.

>>27909513
>F or Super
>relevant

Just stop.

>>27909524
?? What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>27909526
ebin
>>
>>27909536
This is not Pokemon anime. Pokemon Anime teaches you that there is always someone better than you, someone who will defeat you.
>>
File: 1644405651098564.jpg (268KB, 882x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1644405651098564.jpg
268KB, 882x1102px
"See ya next season guys"
>>
>>27909517
>Pokemon landing a hit means they're going even

Was this your first fucking episode?
>>
>>27909323
I think we miscommunicated at some point, I'm also saying Greninja should have won.
>>
tapu koko
>>
>>27909539
Never give up until the end.

Ash will canonically surpass Alan.
Greninja will be the saviour of Kalos and be left behind to protect it or something dumb.
Serena hint will be dropped that implies Ash will return to her one day.
>>
>>27909546
F was far more successful than any recent Pokemon movie. Super probably gets higher ratings than the Pokemon anime. Goku will always be relevant because he's Goku.
>>
>>27909546
Then the Freiza comparison is retarded, because while he's on Name in the Manga he states that he's never fucking trained ever.
>>
>>27909596
Super gets surprisingly low ratings, actually. They're above Pokemon's but the show also airs next to the super popular One Piece and gain a lot from that.
>>
>>27909542
From a writing perspective you fucking retards.

>first fight rekt
>second fight a CLEAR CLASH AND STRUGGLE BEFORE GRENINJA WINS THE STRUGGLE

Again, you need everything spelled out to you with multiple blows
>>
>>27909640
This
>>
>>27909570
Yeah I misread your first post, my apologies.

>>27909601
Goku never stood a chance against Freeza (Why are you putting an i there?) without going SS. Which is pretty much on par with the asspull that is AshGreninja.
>>
>>27909640
I'm convinced you've never seen a Pokemon fight in your life aside from Greninja's jobbing.
>>
>>27909567
Yeah
>>
>>27909556
Why do the writers think losing at the league is where Ash always needs to lose? The Champion League is the higher point. Why not have Ash make it there. And Pokemon Master needs to beat BOTH.
>>
>>27909467
I actually agree with you and I want to accept that explanation, but that means Alan's line make no fucking sense.
>"This is it! I was waiting for this!"
He was acting like fighting Ash was something special to him that no other opponent had ever given him. Why they fuck would he feel that for Ash over a fucking E4 member?

The writers seem to really love their shounen tropes but they also seem to love dropping them into places where they make no fucking sense.

I've honestly felt the same way about Alan's whole motivation with Manon is the same too- so he wants to be stronger to protect Manon even though being strong or weak had fuckall to do with why Chespie was injured? It would've made a lot more sense if Chespie got hit with Mega Rays while he was fighting Primal Groudon/Kyogre or some shit, then that would actually make sense that he'd be mad he wasn't strong enough.
>>
>>27909640
Still doesn't mean equality. Frog got stronger, but this strength is not enough. He needs to be more and more stronger, that's why they will probably dump him in XYZ044(Greninja in broadcast data) to train.
>>
>>27909654
I'm not him but I'm convinced you haven't watched the anime outside of this one episode. It was clear that this was a close match and could have gone either way in-universe. There's a reason Alan really wanted to fight Ash and even entered the Pokemon League with the explicit purpose of fighting Ash again.
>>
>>27909654
In convinced you can't into narrative at all and are a retard
>>
>>27909646
The training thing was about Golden Freeza from the new movie where Freeza trains to get even stronger than God Goku, but loses because he stalled the fucking fight too long for his own amusement and tired faster than Goku. It's pointed out several times he'd have won if he had just gone in and fought properly from the start instead of choosing to dick around.

Yeah.
>>
>>27909393
No one cares about Flare after that.
>>
>>27909693
Most people that have been watching XY for more than a month do.
>>
>>27909662
>Why do the writers think losing at the league is where Ash always needs to lose?
Because league win makes you officialy almost E4 level. And just imagine if anime stated that Ash is E4 strong and then loses to some Alola captain or his newbie rival.

With him losing, they at least can reset him with logic "he lost, so he's not that strong".

Ash can win only gimmick shit like Orange and BF.
>>
>>27909670
It's open to interpretation but the intent is obvious. That's why it makes sense to go from that to Alan acknowledging that he's been pushed to the limits and beyond in the finals.
>>
>>27909670
>that's why they will probably dump him in XYZ044(Greninja in broadcast data) to train.
Have you not being watching show or just like pretending to be retarded? You have to go back and watch xy1-2 and xy92-93.
>>
>>27909703
The said the Frontier Brains were nearly EF level you fuck.
>>
>>27909703
You're an idiot. Ash greninja alone blows your theory out of the water because you assume he keeps his Pokémon for new regions. He doesn't so it doesn't matter how far ash gets in the e4.
>>
>>27909665
>This is it! I was waiting for this!

Dub translation. In the original, he's just excited and mentions something about their power to Charizard.
>>
>>27909680
I'm the guy who said they didn't care about F or Super. Sorry, but Toriyama is a hack at this point and anyone who thinks Beerus or F or Super were good for Dragonball has lost their minds.

I was referring to the original fight between Goku and Freeza, and I even included that part about not caring about F because I know that that was the explanation given for Freeza suddenly becoming super powerful.
>>
>>27909544
>He got a clean hit in, which as we know means fucking nothing
The only things to get hits in on his Charizard are other megas and legendaries.

Let me spell this out for you.

If an incomplete transformation makes Greninja strong enough to land a clean hit, that puts incomplete mode on the same level as a mega.

Perfect synchro Greninja should have been an even match, since Almost-Perfect Ash-Greninja was giving the Champion's Mega Gardevoir a good fight until Ash passed out from overuse.
>>
>>27909733
Pikachu exists and he lost in early episodes of every series.
>>
>>27909736
I don't watch the dub, I was paraphrasing what he said in Japanese.
>これだ!これを待っていたんだ!
It's pretty obvious what the line implies.
>>
>>27909703
>With him losing, they at least can reset him with logic "he lost, so he's not that strong".

Of course he's that strong he barely lost against Alan. It was a faceoff between their last two pokemon, and Pikachu destroyed Metagross and Tyranitar. There is never going to be an excuse for him losing to some new trainer in the next region, this is exactly why BW was so terrible right from the start.
>>
>>27909756
Explained away by his strength coming from ash's strength. See the amour fight episode. If ash is confused due to him meeting new pokemon, so is pikachu
>>
>>27909306
Imagine the screencaps for the Kingler sweep
>>
>>27909743
>Perfect synchro Greninja should have been an even match, since Almost-Perfect Ash-Greninja was giving the Champion's Mega Gardevoir a good fight until Ash passed out from overuse.

Agreed with this, although I'm not the person you're replying to.
>>
>>27909715
Why they need to keep Greninja? He will save Kalos, will be hero, prophecy will come true and after this his role is done, he is either Oaked or goes to train.
>>
>>27909740
The problem with Super is mostly that Toriyama isn't writing it, just doing plot outlines for Toei's writers to work off. You can tell from shit like the Magetta fight being completely different in the anime and the manga (both of which work right off Toriyama's outlines) that these outlines aren't THAT detailed all the time.
>>
Team rocket ruining every single episode.Since fucking season one, hated them when I was young, hatin' now
>>
>>27909556
more like teaches
>you will never succeed in life, so never aspire to anything

feels a lot more Japanese
>>
So essentially no matter how hard works or how much "has" he has, he'll never win a league. Great message to kids. Especially when you have other shows where the main character succeeds.
>>
>>27909743
Different guy here. It's obvious this is really just another case of the show having awful power level consistency.

It's not even the first time XY has done this. Mega Lucario clearly outpaced Pikachu in speed, power, and just about everything else, but Pikachu was still somehow able to match him evenly in the gym match- and in that case Ash didn't even do anything particularly special, he dropped the rhythm strategy 2 minutes into the match.
>>
>>27909804
This is unique charm of pokemon. It is realistic for japanese person, who works 90% of lifetime
>>
>>27909780
Are we ever going to get a match like that from Ash again? It's kind of dumb to see Ash always have to get down to the last Pokemon because "that's more exciting".

Remember when Ash beat Crasher Wake 3-0? That shit was great.
>>
>>27909789
I think the main problem is that they keep trying to push a series that should have just ended when Toriyama wanted to end it. It should have ended after Freeza or Cell, or even Buu would have been fine. People just need to let a series end when their creator(s) want it to end instead of dragging it on pointlessly.
>>
>>27909824
It's not that unique
>>
>>27909567
>>27909656

1 -Mallow
+cooks
+is native to Alola
+is a 'gym leader'
+grass type expert, possibly she will get Rowlet
+she's in the concept art with Ash

2 -Lillie
+ is knowledgeable of stuff like moves/abilities
+ isn't a battler so could have be used to show side activities in Alola
+ Alola native (?)
- her ingame plot might mean this is unfeasible
- not a battler so won't be helpful against TR

3 -Lana
+ native of Alola
+ is a 'gym leader'
- don't know much about her yet

4 -FemMC
+ is a female protagonist which increases her chances
+ the status quo
- not present in the games unlike other femMC's
- not a native of Alola
- doesn't have any goals/personality as of yet

5 -Serena
+ crush on Ash
+ cooks
+ small team might be leaving door open for her to catch Alola mons instead
+/- no confirmation of contests in Alola
- companions rarely travel to new regions
- not an Alolan native
- Ash losing the League re-affirms status quo

6 -Bonnie
+ has Squishy, and we know Zygarde has an important role in Alola
- Zygarde's plot seems to be coming to a close
- unlikely to go to Alola without Clemont
- Ash losing the League re-affirms status quo

nah she doesn't stand a chance I'm afraid
>>
>>27909805
This. Just because it's inconsistent, you autists want to pretend like you don't pick up on the clear message and tropes employed in a scene. Ash is almost elite 4 level. Deal with it.
>>
>>27909845
>Ash is almost elite 4 level
Just wait for A L O L A
>>
>>27909845
Or, you know, it means the second match was the inconsistent one. Given that he lost the league match I think we can make a guess at what the writers actually intended.
>>
>>27909845
So is Alan though
>>
>>27909805
Pikachu can do anything the plot needs him to.

That said, the plot didn't actually need him to win against Lucario while it was Mega, so it was establishing that Ash could even compete with megas without having one himself. Just another now-useless victory flag.
>>
>>27909824

There are a lot of series where the protagonist loses in the end. Like Kaiji, off the top of my head.

But to have your character be The Eternal Jobber, for 20 fucking years, is a bit much, don't you think? And then to build it up like this is the one he's finally going to win, and he has all these other peoples' hopes riding on him, only to have half his team just give it up, is taking it too far.

Fuck, yesterday you had one of the actual key animators for the series saying on twitter "is it so wrong to let kids have hope/a dream?"
>>
>>27909855
Just for this, Serena

*unzips dick*
>>
>>27909874
Like JOE
>>
I stand tall cause I know i'm a winner
>Loses League
Knock me down i'll just get up again
>Greninja is knocked down and doesn't get up again
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>27909870
>Given that he lost the league match I think we can make a guess at what the writers actually intended.
They didn't want to have to write a new series from the perspective of a now league champion. That's pretty much all they intended. If they wanted Alan to be much stronger than Ash he would have been crushed like he was against Tobias.
>>
dicks
>>
>>27909870
the second one is the fight WITH the obvious intent and trope you retard

The intent in the finals is to show he nearly won before finally winning in the flare arc.
>>
>>27909874
There is literally no point in getting invested in these main characters success. That was made clear to me at the very in of AG, and blatantly so in DP. None of the main characters with collection question trinkets will ever be allowed to succeed or accomplish their dream.
>>
>>27909891
Alan winning is clearly going to be a plot point in the Flare arc though.
>>
>>27909871
No shit? Pizza is made out of cheese. What else have you got for me.
>>
>>27909929
>Pizza is made out of cheese
>>
>>27909929
pretty sure pizza is made of dough not cheese
>>
>>27909874
>Doesn't get up again

What did he mean by this
>>
>>27909926
That's what everyone watching the show thought until XY came around with a new director and started doing wild shit that's never been done before just in time for the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>27909929
Pizza isn't made of cheese you dildo.
>>
>>27909927
Oh no I absolutely agree with you, but the outcome of Ash vs Alan could have gone either way and the Flare arc could still have been well done. With Alan winning there are now a few possibilities, but with Ash winning we could have had Alan redeeming himself and being the one to stop Zygarde (because he was responsible for Lysandre gathering the energy).
>>
>>27909927
Alan is second protagonist, and he actually gets conclusion. by getting redeemed by Manon, he will be E4 trainer, because Malva was arrested, will marry Manon and live happily.
>>
>>27909907
>Alan beats E4
>Ash loses to Alan
>Somehow this means Ash is E4 level
I know personal insults feel good when you're losing, but they don't actually make for a good argument.

On the other hand, the argument that the second match is being misinterpreted by you is supported by the fact that the league match had Clemont in the stands literally given the line
>Ash has never won a match against Alan before
>>
>>27909953
The 20th anniversary is next year.
>>
>>27909958
Next you'll tell me it isn't made out of sauce either. Sorry I didn't autistically list of all the ingredients
>>
>>27909981
rekt
>>
>>27909978
The 20th anniversary of Pokemon as a franchise is this year.
>>
>>27909978
Of the show, yes, but they're celebrating the birth of the whole franchise.
>>
>>27909999
>>27909996
The anime has never acknowledged any of these anniversaries..
>>
>>27909975
Where did I say he was e4 level.
Stay ass mad for all I care. If you can't deal with being called out at being brain dead on obvious scenes it's your fault.

Clemont stated a fact. That changes the obvious interpretation of that fight how...? Oh wait it doesn't and the point of that clash is still really, really obvious. You're just THAT dumb and tryhard at being jaded.
>>
>>27910012
Are you trying to make some sort of point?
>>
>>27909968
>will marry Manon
Manon too young.
Alan too, he is 13...I think?
>>
I don't understand why they can't let him win just once.
>>
>>27909968
Oh shit. This would confirm ash as e4 level once he rematches charizard.
>>
>>27910030
Yeah, that the anime does not acknowledge this as the 20th anniversary. They'll acknowledge next year as that and do their anniversary specials and shit.
>>
>>27910035
Ash is gonna travel eternally so he can lose.
Alan is basically side-protag, we will never see him again, so he needs a league win and happy end.
>>
>>27910015
>Where did I say he was e4 level
>>27909845
Either you're just backtracking to save face or you're just entering the conversation and you're too much of an idiot to read back two posts. I also notice you didn't actually present any coherent arguments despite the fact the show itself had a line to explain what happened before just to make it clear to idiots like you. Don't get mad just because you got BTFO so hard.
>>
>>27910062
lol
>>
>>27910062
#rekt
>>
>>27910062
tip kok
>>
>>27910062
You seem mad
>>
>>27910062
>almost
Is that all you have to nitpick because you yourself have no actual argument? Explain what clemont's line changes about the narrative. You point to it like it's supposed to blow me away. For zero reason. Okay...?
>>
>>27910062
>almost
>>
>>27910062
LOL why u mad retard-kun
>>
>>27909840
Keep posting your shitty pasta
>>
>>27910031
If you're old enough to legally travel the world alone, you're old enough to get hitched.
>>
>>27910164
its still better than yours Lunacuck :^)
>>
:^)
>>
>>27910196
?
>>
Manon a qt though
>>
>>27910196
K K EEEEEE K K
K K E K K
KKK EEEE KKK
K K E K K
K K EEEEE K K
>>
>>27910291
What are you doing?
>>
Just
>>
>>27910118
>>27910137
>>27910148
>all these posts a minute apart
Try not to make it so obvious. You're just embarrassing yourself.
Also Clemont stating that line means that the second match didn't count as a win or even got close enough to be considered one. The fact that Greninja lost the league match makes that even more clear. I don't get why you're arguing about what the scene was "implying" when the results we have today completely contradict those assumptions.
>>
>>27910301
He's somehow more butthurt about an anime thread existing than we are about Ash losing the league.
>>
File: mad.jpg (89KB, 1119x181px)
mad.jpg
89KB, 1119x181px
>>27910327
Sorry to disappoint, mad-kun
>>
>>27909063
what's the f**k

the f**k

F************************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: sadfroge.png (79KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
sadfroge.png
79KB, 346x346px
the face of regret and dishonor
>>
>>27909702
>hurr hurr new

Fuck off, I've watched plenty. Thats why I have no interest any more, I've seen exactly where all the build up gets, absolutely nowhere.

I know /padt/ likes to blame new people as their personal boogieman but come to terms with the fact that there is no reason to watch any more. The Flare arc was always a foregone conclusion, Ash in the league was the only thing that there was any uncertainty and thus excitement for.

Unless you're staying for Amour and then you're even more delusional.
>>
>>27910365
>f**k
>>
>>27910351
Nobody cares about how good you are at using Paint. Grow up and accept you were BTFO.
>>
File: 767.png (97KB, 1115x179px)
767.png
97KB, 1115x179px
>>27910327
you got me
>>
I means its not like Team Flare will succeed or anyone will die or anything

there's no real tension
>>
File: 1463904050559.png (357KB, 427x640px)
1463904050559.png
357KB, 427x640px
What's with the sudden influx of one-word memeposters? The thread was doing okay like an hour ago.
>>
>>27910365
>F************************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
reddit go
>>
File: 1470677957708.png (1MB, 1280x720px)
1470677957708.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27910375
>Unless you're staying for Amour and then you're even more delusional.

I mean I knew I was delusional from the start, but I'm going down with this ship.
>>
>>27910375
Most of the idiots that defended Amour have all left, or they were just shitposting. Anyone who knows this series should have known Amour was never going to be mutual. Their relationship hasn't changed from the start. And won't change by the end. It has been stagnant for a very long time.
>>
>>27910365
Just leave
>>
>>27910406
and guess what was made an hour ago
>>27909350

Coincidence?
>>
>>27910432
The memeshit started like 15 minutes ago, though.
>>
>>27910432
At least that has the actual OP.
>>
>>27910425
>Most of the idiots that defended Amour have all left

Anyone who was defending amour was also heavily invested in the league and are most likely pretty upset right now.
>>
>>27910464
Honestly does anybody even read the OP still other than to bitch about what it gets wrong? I dunno, I stopped looking at it like a year and a half ago.
>>
>There're people that believe Ash deserved to win
>Not because he was a better trainer but because meta reasoning

Shit people, what are you doing?
okay I'm explaining it one more time

Reasons why Ash didn’t win against Alain

1. Ash didn’t bring any of his old mons
This may be one of the best reasons to explain why Ash didn’t win the Kalos league. We all know that Ash has a bunch of very strong powerful pokemon at home. And we all know that some of them are stronger that most of his current pokemon. The fact that Alain’s pokemon, sauf the notable exception of charizard, went down quite easily makes this worse. His two pseudos fell to Pikachu alone; his unfezant went down with his adversary; the rest took down just one pokemon respectively and then were consequentially defeated quite easily by the next pokemon. What does this mean? It means that the rest of Alain’s pokemon are pretty weak, and could have been taken easily by stronger pokemon. Ash’s current team is strong, but it’s far for being the strongest. May have been the case Ash had brought his truly ultimate team (Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Snorlax/Heracross/Kingler, Sceptile and Infernape) he may have won easily. Charizard and Sceptile have already battled and taken down legendaries and pseudos, so they would have taken easily unfezant, weavile and bisharp while Pikachu have taken down the pseudos.
The rest would have been a battle of attrition, sending wave after wave Ash would have been triumphant.
What’s the problem? Ash can’t into deep strategy. Ketchum has proven that strategic battle planning isn’t his forte, being more of a natural improviser. These kinds of tactics don’t call his attention and make him unable to tap into advanced pokemon battle planning.
Also his ridiculous stubbornness of only using his current pokemon, even if they’re weak just to enjoy the battle and to make them fill worthy is just wrong.

Continue…
1/8
>>
>>27910327
>fight ended prematurely
>"he has to win the fight to show greninja overpowering charizard"
>clemont stating facts changes the point of the clash because I said so

You're an absolute embarassment. Make a proper argument next time, and go rewatch the finals because you were clearly too mad to read the subtitles.
>>
>>27910481
2. Ash has a minimal to null comprehension of pokemon’s abilities
It’s common knowledge that all know pokemon have some kind of special ability. It’s also known that some of Ash pokemon have showed these abilities like overgrow, blaze and static. These have proven to be very efficient when battling, some even been considered the reason why some of his pokemon are so strong. YET, Ash has little to no knowledge about them, even ignoring that all his mons have these dormant powers within. Ash has learned about them almost, if not all cases, by accident. Knowing this is very troublesome, considering his mons could be stronger if he knew this. E.g Greninja having torrent and using it against charizard during his final battle

Continue…
2/8
>>
>Ash does better than he's ever done in a league
>Literally runner up
>after years of constant improvements in the league riddled with achievments like beating the battle frontier and Orange Island League
>WAAAAAAAAAAHH HOW COULD ASH NEVER ACHIEVE ANYTHING AFTER ALL THIS TIME HE'S SUCH A LOSER
>>
File: 1471507240000.png (254KB, 516x428px) Image search: [Google]
1471507240000.png
254KB, 516x428px
>>27910375
Tbh I'm glad you are leaving useless spoilers kun and hope the gotta watch everything fags take their leave too. Its for the better.
>>
>>27910494
3. Ash training wasn’t as hard as Alain’s
Though Ash has been showed being training, he’s training is far from being efficient or the best. Consider this, how many times instead of training was he traveling or helping a COD? How many times did you see him battling against an opponent that wasn’t either a gym leader or a member of TR. This is a hard truth but Ash travels more and helps more than he trains his pokemon. He also wastes a lot of his time doing useless shit with his companions, hell this is going backwards. For example in Hoenn rather than assisting to May’s contests or her training sessions he was actually training! Yeah, he may be a good friend and husbando, but how the hell does that count as training? Even more outranging it’s when he becomes involved within local pastimes like a fucking costume party
Compare this with Alain who has been shown in almost all his appearances battling against someone else or searching for ways to becoming stronger specially by battling stronger opponents. Alain battled against the Champion of a region, battled against two elite 4 and won against one, battled against 10 consecutive megas, the final opponent being an elite fighter, and won; he literally travelled all around Kalos and parts of Hoenn to fight against the best of the best, and win, and most of the time he did win. We don’t even know how many mega trainers he defeated. How many mega trainers have Ash defeated? 3, Korrina, Shota and that qt girl at the league
Ash is more a person who enjoys the ride and thinks the destination is secondary.
Alain is person who thinks the destination is the most important thing.
There’s a very good reason why Alain has been called Ash’s most powerful rival.

Continue…
3/8
>>
>>27910410
Did you really believe that there was going to be a conclusion to this ship that resulted in them getting together?

It was just one-sided Serena lusting over Ash, getting triggered over him with other girls, being too beta to make a move, and drawing strength from him.

Ash's side was the same as it always is. "You're my good buddy". Ash wouldn't give a shit if Tierno went on a date with her, nor would he care if Bonnie keepu'd her for Clemont.
>>
>>27910410
I can actually respect that
>>
File: nice photoshop faggot.gif (59KB, 584x437px) Image search: [Google]
nice photoshop faggot.gif
59KB, 584x437px
>>27910351
>>
>>27910512
4. Ash didn’t use and doesn’t use type advantages properly
This is a very persistent thing in the entire anime. Ash just won’t fucking learn or accept that some pokemon are naturally weaker to other. He believes the power of friendship and good nurturing will equalize them and erase these natural weaknesses. Guess what? Ice doesn’t stop melting by fire just because I hug my ice type pokemon and tell him to shill out.
The thing is further complicated when Ash refuses to call his old mons for specific battles when these natural strengths come handy. Wulfric’s battle is a very good and recent example. An ice gym? Weak to fire, easily. And Ash has several fire type pokemon, then this battle should be easy, right?
But no… let me use flying type pokemon against ice type pokemon because the power of friendship overcomes this. Please, this is horrible as a pokemon strategist! It’s against common trainer knowledge!
I mention this because Greninja has an inherent superiority to fire, and should have destroyed Charizard easily have Ash used WATER TYPE MOVES AGAINST A FIRE TYPE. Add to this the possibility of torrent! And you have a winner combo! Ash just won’t fucking learn
But because Ash is so ignorant and stubborn, defeat embraced him.

Continue…
4/8
>>
>>27910481

When was last time Pikachu activated Static ability?

I think it was in 8th Unova Gym against that Gardobor, and previous to that, to 8th Sinnoh League to that Electivire, against Paul Ursaring, and against Norman Vigoroth, but don't remember
>>
File: Carrey Laughing.jpg (106KB, 500x500px)
Carrey Laughing.jpg
106KB, 500x500px
>>27910530
Didn't know someone made a gif for this. Thanks.
>>
>>27910534
5. Ash only used the same 6 pokemon he had captured in Kalos for all his battles at the league
There’s a good reason in past seasons why Ash didn’t use the same exact team or mons battle after battle in the league. That being pokemons get exhausted. Why not giving them a rest and alternate with another team? Because fuck you, the power of my pokemon and our friendship can beat all odds.
Ash should have rested and alternate his pokemons to have them at their best for the battles.

Continue
5/8
>>
>>27910480
People were complaining about no raw link in the OP a bunch yesterday. The link was in all the threads not made by shitposters rewriting the OP with "lel show is ded"
>>
>guy writing entire essay about why Ash lost

Ash lost because the execs in charge of the anime are fucking spineless. That's it.
>>
>>27910555
>>27910555
6. Ash didn’t research his adversary’s full arsenal
Unlike Gary, Paul or Conway. Ash never research what the rest of his opponent’s pokemon would he face. Nah, he went blindly to the battle. Bad strategy considering a trainer may use this information to use specific pokemon to combat efficiently determinant pokemon or make strategies to use in battle.
Ash almost lost to all the aforementioned trainers because of this.

Continue…
6/8
>>
>>27910481
>>27910494
>>27910512
Your retarded wall of text was retarded whenever you wrote it and it is still retarded right now. It doesn't even deserve a response.

>>27910518
No I don't think there was going to be a conclusion that resulted in them getting together. There was maybe still a chance about half way through XY, but there was no way they were going to include a mutual romance in the Pokemon series (I disagree with their reasoning though).

Honestly I would be more than satisfied if she confessed and Ash didn't really know how to respond and then left. That's more than enough of a conclusion for me.

>>27910520
I mean I still hope that Serena will go to Alola, but I acknowledge that it's incredibly unlikely and I won't get upset when she leaves as long as there is some sort of satisfying conclusion to her crush.
>>
>>27910575
It's pasta from tumblr I think
>>
>>27910596
7. Ash didn’t perfect synchronization with greninja
Greninja’s final attack made it clear, Ash hasn’t perfected this form. Obviously because his lack of training, having more time to waste helping out CODs, travelling or engaging in useless activities.
The giant red shoriuken and the glowing red it’s a clear indication Greninja is far from obtaining his full potential. But he lacks the efficient, regular and superior training Alain provides to it’s charizard

Continue…
7/8
>>
>>27910601
At the speed it was being posted here earlier I thought he was actually writing it here. You could be right though.
>>
>>27910534
your spelling is fucking atrocious

you're either dyslexic, a spic or 12
although some of these points are valid
>>
>>27910597
We literally don't know anything about the Alola series emofagging about tings "we know" are retarded.
>>
>>27909103
>>27909198
Original series is good.
GX is OK with Sub terrible with Dub.
5Ds is good, nearly as good as Original but fucks up a couple of times.
ZeXaL is aids.
Arc V is meh.
>>
>>27910607
8. Ash didn’t want to win as hard as Alain
Alain just wanted to win more, easily as that. He wanted to protect Maron’s smile and to truly become the strongest. Ash just wanted to have fun and maybe get closer to accomplish his dream.
Just see how Ash took his defeat, he didn’t do shit but smile and “well, maybe the next time I’ll win!”
The last it’s not the attitude of a true winner, it’s the mantra from someone that doesn’t see defeat as it is a “loss” something to be avoided to be suppressed and to not never EVER see familiarly
Alain fought for love and glory
Ash just for fun

The End
8/8
>>
>>27910608
No you're right, I wrote it last night. I was bored and Ashfags wouldn't shut up

>>27910609
Dyslexic
>>
>>27910597
I wouldn't mind if Serena confessed, but I really don't see how they'd do it considering this is Pokemon. Which is why I can't see them doing it at all.
>>
>>27910616
Do you think Yugi Oh would have been better if it had kept the original cast throughout? Or would it have been impossible to continue with the original cast at some point?

>>27910662
Well before XY we would have thought the same thing about having a traveling companion who has a blatant crush on Ash. But Ash losing the league has definitely decreased my faith in the anime staff to not just randomly piss off their fanbase.
>>
>>27910662
Expecting them to do nothing and just ignore/drop the entire thing is more retarded than anything
>but muh patterns
The pattern is "no romance subplot at all", not "romance subplot that gets dropped with no conclusion". This is the first time they actually do one.
>>
>>27910597
>I mean I still hope that Serena will go to Alola, but I acknowledge that it's incredibly unlikely and I won't get upset when she leaves as long as there is some sort of satisfying conclusion to her crush.

Well then you're probably going to get upset, but I hope I'm wrong for your sake
>>
>>27910714
>Expecting them to do nothing and just ignore/drop the entire thing is more retarded than anything

I think you're giving them too much credit. Especially cause nothing has really happened with Serena's crush in a very long time, nothing of note at least
>>
>>27910723
>>27910738
To be fair, even in D/P they had Lyra straight up ask Dawn if she likes Ash even though that series didn't even have a romance subplot. I don't think they're THAT scared of touching the subject. Kiddy animes have crush subplots all the time, they just usually don't go anywhere for obvious reasons.
>>
37 subs when Adamant?
>>
>>27910738
I think you're giving them too little because you're mad about Ash not winning the league honestly.

It's a real subplot. It's going SOMEWHERE. This isn't the equivalent of "Ash loses the league", it's the equivalent of "Alan just never show up again at all after XY&Z23 and the Flare arc is just Ash and friends beating Team Flare and Zygarde with no mention or appearances from Alan and Manon anywhere".

It's going somewhere. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
File: 1471611453376.png (94KB, 329x458px)
1471611453376.png
94KB, 329x458px
Why is Alain so based?
>>
>>27910481
>using the pokemon that you want to use instead of basically cheating and using a buncha ubers that you trained and used in other tournaments years ago is wrong
Say what you guys want but I side with Ash on this, I think it's okay to use a couple of your old pokemon but just getting rid of the guys who you've been traveling with and winning battles with you the entire region when you reach the leauhe and going backwards just to spam the same old pokemon you've already used is cuntish and cheap. Especially since eveyone else in the leauge is usually not a veteran trainer and use pokemon that they just caught and trained not shit that they've had for years.

It's just cheap and not in line with Ash's personality at all, there was an entire series based on how he isn't a minmaxing smogonfag like Paul is.
>>
>>27910792
Honestly I would be happy to be proven wrong. It'd be nice to have one of the teased plots actually come to fruition.

But I'm 99% sure it won't and I think anyone who thinks it will is being blindly optimistic.
>>
>>27910831
I said "going somewhere" anon. Not "going somewhere that is her staying for 10 years and marrying him at the end of gen 9".

Saying it's "blindly optimistic to assume a subplot that's been running for 3 year and gets constantly brought up won't just get dropped" is inarguably just emofagging. You'd never have claimed that had Ash won the league, you have to admit that.
>>
>>27910795
>using the pokemon that you want to use instead of basically cheating and using a buncha ubers that you trained and used in other tournaments years ago is wrong

I thought you wanted him to win.

>It's just cheap and not in line with Ash's personality at all, there was an entire series based on how he isn't a minmaxing smogonfag like Paul is.

Then how do you expect him to win against seasoned rivals like Alain?
The magic of friendship? nigga please
As I stated Ash could have wrecked Alain had he used his old mons considering how the rest of Alain's pokemon were weak like shit

Pikachu took down all by itself 1/3 of his mons!
>>
>>27910795
I really like to dream about a series where he constantly cycles through all his Pokemon as he travels through the region (while also raising 5 new members of course). Like bringing back his old fire types to mentor the newest one, that sort of thing. Then it all ends with a bang by having a full league where he wins, of course.

I mean, think about how many "nothing fucking happened" episodes there are for each series of this show. If they really, really wanted to it wouldn't be hard to fit in all of Ash's members into a series with like 200 episodes.

Obviously it'd never happen, but I can dream.
>>
>>27910723
Yeah I'm going to go with >>27910762 and >>27910866 on this I really do think they will conclude the amour subplot.
>>
What are the saddest songs in the anime?
>>
So we're using this then?
>>27909350
>>27909350
>>
>>27910866
>Saying it's "blindly optimistic to assume a subplot that's been running for 3 year and gets constantly brought up won't just get dropped" is inarguably just emofagging. You'd never have claimed that had Ash won the league, you have to admit that.

I absolutely would. Even when I thought Ash was going to win, I expected Amour to die with a whimper instead of a bang, him losing has just made that even more likely. They've made it evident that they're not going to take any chances. She'll want to confess and then change her mind at the last minute and stay in Kalos to pursue her dreams and we'll never see her again. Or at beast she'll show up in an episode or two seasons from now.
>>
>>27910947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPlaTD2DX_U
>>
>>27910947
>proper OP
Ya
>>
My life depends on Amour. If it doesn't happen I'll die.
>>
>>27910971
Better start writing that will
>>
>>27910575
The question is why? They broke so many other things, why not this? They don't even have the "legacy of Shudo" excuse like with BW. No, that's gone the way of the dodo. The only answer I have is that TF was more important to them. Perhaps the League was NEVER important to them. Then again, that could've still been influenced by Shudo. I could go into an analysis of what the goal of the anime is, but it would be unsuccessful because it has never been just one premise, but many, all melded together. However, none of these aspects ever get a conclusion, save for one: the villain climax, if there is one. I guess that answers it for me. They know what's up. The only thing that ever really mattered in anything pokemon was the villain plot. Everything else has no purpose. What about Orange and the Battle Frontier, you might ask? They were more challenges than an actual tournament. I guess being certified for competency is more significant to them than a trophy that has fleeting meaning.
>>
>>27910971
It'll happen in the minimum amount something can happen
>>
I'm confused. Why is Amour dead again? Did status quo kill it for good? Was the only way the ship would survive is if Ash won? (I doubt it, there was still the idea that Serena would be abandoned even in that scenario, because game representation is more status quo than winning)
>>
>>27911092
It's shitposting and emofagging.
>>
>>27911035
Finally
Someone else gets that winning the league isn't that big a deal.
He got in second fucking place, I have no clue how so many people can get fixated on it.
>>
>>27911092
>Candy girl
>Confirmed serena would protect ash during kidnapping
>rest of the lyrics will happen
>further pottery and foreshadowing

This came out when dori dori came out.
>>
>>27911092
It's mostly shitposters who didn't actually watch the episode and see that Serena got her own shot watching the battle multiple times, whereas the other people watching were always in groups.
>>
>>27911160
I don't know what the lyrics are.
>>
>>27911200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-yIiu69850
>>
Or rather that I'm aware that true shippers will not die until the cast of the SM anime is known.
>>
>>27911210
>I embrace both your strengths and your weaknesses

10 year Olds aren't supposed to love this hard!
>>
>>27911214
The denial has been so much that at this point I don't think that even that would stop them.
>>
>>27911266
If there are still Poke- and Advanceshippers then I can't imagine all of the Amourshippers will just drop their ship.
>>
>>27911214
judging by pokeshippers not even that would kill them
>>
>>27911214
Why would that kill amour? All that's needed is a promise or a kiss on the cheek.
>>
Rebuttal: If Ash was willing to fight for Serena, he would've done so here and not later.
>>
Just a reminder that literally everyone except for maybe here prefers Tobias over Alan. At least in Sinnoh Ash went with a bang beating two legendaries and not losing against an edgy faggot with an improvised team who didn't even wanted to win in the first time.
>>
>>27911559
I disagree, if they were both in a vacuum losing to Alan would be preferable to losing to Tobias. And if their positions were swapped, with Alan being in DP and Tobias being in XY I'd probably be much more mad about Tobias than I am over Alan.

But as it is right now Alan is worse for me than Tobias purely because Alan happened after Tobias already happened.
>>
File: 1471520655504.png (3MB, 1760x990px)
1471520655504.png
3MB, 1760x990px
Goodra is supposed to be a Pseudo right? Then ho the fuck did he jobbed so hard against a little shit who was already damaged? He was at full HP and that bide should have killed Bisharp. The truth is that there wasn't any type of cheating in this fight. Ash Pokemon jobbing hard its why
>>
File: li1373653101951.gif (14KB, 416x416px)
li1373653101951.gif
14KB, 416x416px
>>27911830
>tfw you made this edit and now everyone is using it
>>
I still think outright saying fuck you is worse than simply being unfair. It means you were never going to win in the first place. I won because I said so, and there's nothing you can do about it. It's not tricks or hax, it's flat out ignoring the rules.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.