[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General - Cool Porygon Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

Last thread: >>27607302

New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play, then switch to theme decks from the store for extra packs
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad and eBay instead of asking.

TOTT: What are you playing post-rotation
>>
TOTT: If volcanion.dek become less popular , M-sceptile. Rayray needs a full sky bench to 1HKO , literally autowin to grenigger and kills the zygarde. The only hard deck is darkrai/giratina
>>
Is it safe to assume Evolutions' gonna have bad pull rates as well?
>>
>>27650552
We barely know anything about the set, but it's safe to always assumed the worst so you're not too disappointed.
>>
>>27650552
Generations had a decent pull rate. I'd imagine Evolutions can't be that bad.

>>27650550
Volcanion.dek honestly doesn't seem like it's gonna be good. All the fire stuff is going to be gone in a month or doesn't work with it (like burning energy)
>>
TOTT: Rainbow road. I still have a few things to figure out on my list but I already play the deck so I'm really familiar with it. I just don't think Stardust Jirachi is going to be worth playing any more but I can't think or a better card for it's slot.

I also plan on running M Sceptile, TurboTina and Raikou/Magnezone. I'll also try out M Gardevoir, and maybe Kyogre/Clawitzer.
>>
>>27652069
Do you have the post-rotation Pokemon list for your rainbow road deck at least? I'd be interested in seeing it.
>>
Why was it called "Cool" Porygon anyway? Its really odd
>>
>>27650491
>TOTT: What are you playing post-rotation

I have a M-Ray deck and a M-Mewtwo deck prepared for post rotation.

The M-Ray one im playing it with DiancieEX instead of JolteonEX since JolteonEX is kind of shitty since the introduction of Pokemon Ranger.

The M-Mewtwo one im playing with Zebstrika and Garbodor.

Havent decided on what to build next.
Probably a Zoroark deck or Darkrai & Giratina one.
>>
TOTT: I've been playing Yveltal since XY base, I didn't stop when M-Manectric became meta (I just tossed in Manectric myself) and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.
>>
Evolutions? I thought Generations was enough of nostalgia cashgrabbing.

Sun/Moon after Evolutions or are they going to scrap the barrel even more?
>>
So i'm a new player and have no clue what deck to go for, any suggestions?

I'd vastly prefer something resilient or something that has a lot of options.
>>
>>27650491
>burnt out of Pokemon
>Pokemon Go rekindled that flame
>turns to shit
>decide to get back into the TCG
>there's an online program to play on now
>go to make an account
>can't because of Go
Any alternatives, other than waiting?
>>
>>27652691
There's no time left for a set between evolutions and S/M's launch. We're probably just getting evolutions because Gen 6 had so little to work with.

>>27652814
Sounds like you want to look up Waterbox, which is both of those things.
>>
Got an Elite Trainer box for Steam Siege a few days ago. Mainly wanted the dice and sleeves, but checking out the new art on the cards every once in a while is such a treat.

Is this game mostly played online? Only really see people playing Magic/DnD/40k at my gamestore.

Also, do the physical cards have any value? I pulled a ton of EX and Breaks that will prolly rot until they're devalued, might as well get rid of them (except the fullart Steelix EX I can't let go of this cool ass card).
>>
>>27653018
The game is mostly played at scheduled events called Pokemon League and tournaments. For one of my stores, they host Pokemon every tuesday. The other store only hosts Pokemon league like once a month or so on the first sunday because nobody goes there for Pokemon(it's like 80% MTG). Ask your LGS if they have an event schedule or anything.

The physical cards have some decent value. Breaks not so much as EXes. Check eBay or trollandtoad. Since Steam Siege is the latest set, things will probably be higher in price right now. You can sell a lot of them for like 5-20 dollars depending on what you pulled if you act now.
>>
>>27653157
Ok cool. Thanks anon.
>>
>>27652828
TCGOne. It's a third party tcg simulator that gives you access to every card from the start in quickplay.
>>
I love being a smug piece of shit and talk shit to 10 years old, while destroying their decks with mine in this free to play game on which I spend like a fucking truck of money.

kill me plz
>>
>>27653955
post list
>>
Can you not just challenge people on TCGONE? I wanted to play with a friend.
>>
ToTT: Playing either Darkrai / Tina or Greninja. I'm not gonna push for my worlds invite this season, I put way too much work into practicing NM for worlds.
>>
sup guys
Trying to build a deck, but I'm really new to competitive TCG.

I want to start with a Trevenant Break base but then play with poison shenanigans in addition to that by way of Toxicroak EX, Virbank Gym, and Hypnotoxic Laser.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1461566456585.png (4MB, 1100x6940px) Image search: [Google]
1461566456585.png
4MB, 1100x6940px
>>27654391
>Trevenant Break base but then play with poison shenanigans
Literally no synergy at all.
You should also try for Standard. It's a much cheaper and easier format to learn, and we're about to enter a fresh meta.
>>
>>27654427
should I just skip the Trevenant and go for just poison? I've got a bead on some Dragalge I could use to lock pokemon in.
>>
>>27654471
dralgage rotates out of standard this season

trevenant break has a little bit of synergy with gengar ex (mystery energy on trev, retreat for free to gar and dark corridor to keep the lock)
>>
>>27654523
Okay I'll look into that.
>>
>>27654427
I have no intention of picking this game up. Why did I read that whole thing?
>>
>>27654010

Nothing fancy. Zygarde Ex/Regirock Ex/Carbink Break

When rotation kicks in, I have no idea what I am going to do without Korrina. At least I don't use Muscle Band so I guess there is at least that.
>>
Is there a list anywhere of the actually useful/viable cards from each legal set?
>>
>>27655265
The only good cards are:
Darkrai EX,
Giratina EX,
Yveltal EX,
Xerneas,
Xerneas BREAK,
Greninja BREAK,
Shaymin EX,
Mewtwo EX, M
Mewtwo EX,
Rayquaza EX,
M Rayquaza EX,
Zoroark

Anything not on that list is meme tier and you shouldnt be playing it.
>>
>>27655359
>Xerneas
>Greninja
>Mewtwo
lol
You also missed a bunch
>>
>>27655265
You mean a place that could give you a set list and other competent players discuss which cards are relevant like

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/steam-siege-set-list-discussion.132626/

>>27655359
just fuck his shit up senpai
>>
>>27655912
Like what?

I only mentioned things that will be top tier when the rotation hits.

If you are not playing top tier decks you might as well play a deck of Bidoof and not care what the useful / viable card will be.
>>
>>27652227
Because it's cool.
>>
>>27656108
>I only mentioned things that will be top tier when the rotation hits.
You also mentioned a few cards that were garbage, which makes me heavily doubt your judgement.

>If you are not playing top tier decks you might as well play a deck of Bidoof and not care what the useful / viable card will be.
>There is no such thing as Tier 2/3/4+
>Rogues have never made an impact in any tournament
>Viability is objective and only applies to singular venues
Put on a trip so we can filter you
>>
>>27656166
>You also mentioned a few cards that were garbage

Like what?

All the cards that I mentioned are the ones that will be in tier1 decks, which will be:
-M Mewtwo
-M Rayquaza
-Dark Box
-Darkrai/Giratina
-Xerneas Break
>>
File: bestdeal.jpg (24KB, 573x168px) Image search: [Google]
bestdeal.jpg
24KB, 573x168px
Do you guys ever get trade offers that are just straight up insulting?
>>
>>27656932

I'm maybe gotten 5-6 private trade offers offer the 3 years I've played the game and they were all like that except one, which just wanted an uncommon for a couple of his commons, which I accepted because fuck it.
>>
TotT: I'm already playing Magnezone / Raikou / Kingdra

I lack Shaymin EX so I use Octillery, so I get a little more mileage from Rough Seas.

But I want to try the AT Nidoqueen with the Nidoking from Steam Siege.
>>
So now that the dust has settled on Steam Siege, what's the consensus? Overall shit? Is Volcanion going to show up at Worlds? What sort of impact does it have on the next format?
>>
>>27658786
It's shit. Only worth buying for Sycamore and from what I've seen so far, it's almost impossible to pull. The ultra rare pull rates for this set are trash in general.
>>
>>27658786
Mostly shit Pokemon. Decent trainers. That's basically it.
>>
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/44991-2381-server-update-august-9-2016/
>New Known Issue
>Klefki (STS #80): Using Ninja Boy (STS #103) to replace the Pokemon that Klefki is attached to via the Wonder Lock Ability causes Klefki remains attach to the original Pokemon for the duration of the match rather than transferring to the new Pokemon.
>>
>grinding theme deck versus
>water mirror match
>draw corsola, articuno, gyarados and ultra ball on first hand
>ultra ball to find magikarp
>corsola stall to set up articuno
>corsola KOd, play articuno to add energies to set up gyarados
>articuno KOd
>play gyarados, draw rough seas
>aqua tail through 5 prize cards
>opponent concedes before last KO

feels good man

What's a good deck to start with? I've gathered passive abilities and multi draw moves are key, but I'm not sure what to look for. I'd love to use Snorlax, but he's kind of shit for 4 energy
>>
>>27659180
>Ultra Ball
>>
>>27659312
Oh fug, it was Great Ball. Forgive me senpai
>>
>>27659180
I would've said Vespiquen or Night March before but they're rotating.

Greninja Break is a decently cheap deck to start out with right now. Maybe Yveltal/Zoroark.
>>
>>27659460
I wouldn't recommend Greninja. It's not that amazing right now and it'll be worse off post-format when the easy targets rotate out, and cards like Garbodor gain a lot of traction.

I don't think next format will have any tiered budget decks, unless I'm forgetting something huge.
>>
>>27659385
>great ball
>>
File: pokebucks.png (145KB, 675x168px) Image search: [Google]
pokebucks.png
145KB, 675x168px
>>27659460
>>27659562
I'm really just unsure if I should pop these and see what I get or trade for something, but I'm not even sure what to trade for
>>
>>27659562
Greninja still hits shaymin at least, and decks might run Garbodor less often if they need the speed from Shaymin to set up, but you're right. I also forgot XY Greninja rotates out which hurts the deck internally, regardless of its matchups.
>>
>>27659678
ALWAYS trade. You'll never pull enough to build a full deck.

>I'm not even sure what to trade for
Either go down the the tier list and find something you like that'll survive the rotation, or just pick your favorite Pokemon that isn't filler and build a rogue around it. PTCGO is casual enough to let anything remotely competent win.

Didn't you post here a day or two ago? You definitely have enough packs to build what you want. Maybe even trade for a Shaymin with those Gen packs.

>>27659695
My point wasn't so much to say that Greninja is going to be shit, just that it'll be as successful as a number of other rogue decks. And at that point, you might as build what you want.
>>
>>27659562
You can make a decent deck out of zoroark and pokepuff.

Also Vileplume + Vespiquen will still be strong.
>>
>>27659808
>vespiquen will be strong
>no compressors
>>
>>27659808
>Also Vileplume + Vespiquen will still be strong.
Without Compressor? You'd be better off just pairing Vileplume with something else.
>>
>>27659678
With that budget you can probably get:
Shaymin-EX
Mewtwo x3 (shatter shot)
M-Mewtwo x3 (infinity strike)
Hoopa EX
Garbodor x2
Zebstrika x2

And have a tier1 deck ready for the rotation.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 855x40px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 855x40px
>>27650491
i don't know the value for cards is this a good deal?
>>
>>27659985
Absolutely not. Steam Siege is a worthless pack. It's only inflated right now because of the hype, in a week or two it's going to drop to 0.5 like FC. MAYBE it'll be one of the 0.66 off of Sycamore alone, but that's a heavy maybe.

Since it looks like you already took it, you should get rid of those SS packs asap. You can probably convert them to RS 1:1 or trade for something good while it's still hyped.
>>
>>27659785
>>27659892
How many packs would be fair for each card? I'm thinking 10 for Shaymin, but I have no idea how these are valued
>>
>>27659985
Regular art shaymin is worth 20 Roaring Skies packs.

Full art shaymin is worth 26 Roaring Skies packs.

Roaring Skies to SteamSiege is around 3:2 now.

It will be 4:2 in a couple of weeks.

You basically sold your shaymin at half price.
>>
>>27660154
XY, Ancient Origins, and both Break packs are worth ~0.5 packs right now, but you can wiggle more value out of them.
Generations value is really arbitrary, but it's generally considered to be worth between 1.0 and 2.0.

So for >>27659892's list, the values on public should be around
>Shaymin EX (15~20 each)
>Mewtwo EX (1 each)
>M-Mewtwo (1~2 each)
>Hoopa EX (1~2 each)
>Garbodor (0.5~1 each)
>Zebstrika (0.25 each, maybe cheaper)
So you should still have packs left over assuming this is what you really want to build. Just note that when it comes to high-value cards like Shaymin, people generally don't want to trade it for low-value packs.
>>
>>27660154
The XY pack is worthless, you might as well open it or trade it for a trainer you need.

The Shaymin EX will be around 22-24 Generations.

The 3 Mewtwos EX you can get them for 9 Breakpoint packs.

The 3 M-Mewtwos EX you can get them for the 8 Ancient Origins and 3 Breakpoint Packs.

The Hoopa EX you can get it for 5 Breakthrough packs.

You will still need a few extra packs for the Garbodors, the Zebstrikas you can get them from a theme deck.

My list is as follows:

Shaymin EX x 1
Blitzle x 2
Zebstrika x 2
Hoopa EX x 1
Mewtwo EX x3
M-Mewtwo EX x3
Trubbish x2
Garbodor x2

Escape Rope x1
Mega Turbo x3
Super Rod x1
Trainers Mail x4
Ultra Ball x4
VS Seeker x4

Hex Maniac x1
Lysandre x1
N x1
Pokemon Ranger x1
Professor Sycamore x3
Skyla x1

Parallel City x1
Shrine of Memories x2

Float Stone x3
Mewtwo Spirit Link x3

Double Colorless Energy x4
Psychic Energy x6
>>
File: IMG_2403.jpg (646KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2403.jpg
646KB, 1632x1224px
Is it worth getting new cards PSA rated?
>>
File: XY9_EN_49.png (160KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY9_EN_49.png
160KB, 245x342px
>>27659892
Why is the zebstrika important? Mega Ray counter?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Rate my rares

1/3
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
2/3
>>
>>27660571
M.Ray and Yveltal

Also great for fast 1HKOs vs shaymins.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
3/3

Fucking shit didn't show in wrong orientation before :(
>>
File: hoopa.png (171KB, 917x457px) Image search: [Google]
hoopa.png
171KB, 917x457px
>>27660413
I can't agree with those prices at all. 5 BT for a Hoopa? Mewtwos at 3 packs each? I know I'm dealing in RS, but you really need to work public better if those are the best deals you can make. I wouldn't pay those prices for the FAs and SRs, much less regular arts.

Your list is solid, though. Except I'd point out that Zebstrika is a personal tech of yours as opposed to something important or even generically good. Same with that Parallel City over a third Shrine.
>>
>>27660707
>>27660707
What do you suggest I use over Zebstrika?
>>
>>27660497
Nope, Skyridge and older are the only ones worth grading. EX sets CAN have some good gradeable cards, but other than that, not much from the newer sets.
>>
File: SnorlaxBREAKthrough118.jpg (90KB, 444x612px) Image search: [Google]
SnorlaxBREAKthrough118.jpg
90KB, 444x612px
>>27660384
>assuming this is what you really want to build
I have no idea. I had a lot of fun with Corsola/Rough Seas stalling in theme, so a defensive/regenerating deck would seems like it would be my thing. I'd love to work Snorlax in, but it doesn't seem very efficient.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.