[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 60

File: Soaring.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Soaring.webm
2MB, 640x480px
▀▀▀
[ROM HACKING]

Notable ROM hacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Gen 4 - 6 Hack Tools:
http://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR

▀▀▀
[ESSENTIALS]

Essentials Engines:
http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD

Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

▀▀▀
[SITES FOR SHARING GAMES]
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better for Essentials games)
>>
Sorry about the late thread.
I went ahead and added the dl to Mind Crystal (ENG) to the "Notable ROM Hacks" section.
>>
File: 1470437462296.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1470437462296.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>27576090
I get this is the best thread for this.

How do I get Pokemon Godra to go full screen without it looking like horseshit?
>>
>>27576178
>Pokemon Godra
Never heard of it, but it looks like an interesting concept.
Most rmxp games can't go full screen well because the algorithm that finds the screen size has very few constraints.
I suggest just going 2x or 3x from the options menu, because one of those will fill most of your screen.
>>
Reposting cus the last thread died

Hey friends I'm lookin for a romhack of Fire Red that has the phys/spec split, all 365 pokes obtainable (trade evolutions changed etc) and maybe an increase in difficulty. Added areas, a day/night cycle and changed/added stats/movesets would be cool too

That exists somewhere right guys? I swear I had one that at least had the phys/special split but I forgot what it was called

Basically Eccentric Emerald but for Fire Red, pls and thank u
>>
>>27576178
>Pokemon Godra

Ohh, I played that one a long time ago. It's actually the only fangame I've seen that's focused on player choices - you can join the military, or get a job, or do a bunch of stuff as you please. It's actually quite fun just by itself to be given the option to choose.

But I think when I played it there wasn't a lot of content yet. Could you tell us how you found the game when you've played some more, anon?
>>
>>27576090
Max, ol' buddy ol' pal, think you could add a little note in near the top saying that we're not the injection general next time you make an OP? We've been getting a lot of lost people lately.
>>
Last thread:
>>27493133
>>
>>27576531
>Ohh, I played that one a long time ago. It's actually the only fangame I've seen that's focused on player choices - you can join the military, or get a job, or do a bunch of stuff as you please. It's actually quite fun just by itself to be given the option to choose.

I was actually in the planning stages of a game like this inspired by Elona. Maybe I should change my concept.
>>
>>27576395
you didn't even read the pastebin, did you.

check out Yet Another Fire Red Hack.
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 482x321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 482x321px
Man, these level curves were ridiculous.
>>
>>27576769
Why? It doesn't hurt to have more games with significant choices in them.
>>
>>27577416
I did and thats why I'm asking here if there's anything like what I asked for

yet another fire red hack has gen 4/5 pokemon which I'm not really into
>>
>>27577906
I honestly just didn't want to get in the way of someone who might be doing something better but I started playing it and it's different from what I imagined when I read that text.

I'm not far into this game yet but I do like the some of the features and I think I can use this as another one of my inspirations.
>>
>>27576651
Shoot, totally forgot.
Will next thread
>>
>>27577691
????
>>
File: 1434682167389.gif (246KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1434682167389.gif
246KB, 294x233px
Tell me how awful this idea is, /heg/.

I want to try making a hack that does evolution for every Pokemon in the same kind of system as Eevee. Pokemon can be evolved into a number of different types, which means less base types but a fuckton more evolutions.
>>
>>27578759
Would you be making new evolutions for old Pokemon or entirely new fakemon?
Either way I'm digging the concept
>>
>>27578907
I'm leaning towards the former right now, if only because it'd be fun to retype some of my favorite Pokemon in a number of ways rather than just creating a full roster of fakemon. At least in terms of the spriting side, the latter doesn't feel that much different to me than just creating a regular fakemon Pokedex.
>>
>>27578696
That's pokemon Vega, I think.

>>27578759
I'd love that - just so long as it's new pokemon. It won't work if you try to cram existing pokemon into the hierarchy like I saw some other anon doing, but as a fakemon concept it'd be awesome.

What would you do about stones/evolution method availability?
>>
>>27578997
>It won't work if you try to cram existing pokemon into the hierarchy like I saw some other anon doing

I was actually thinking more along the lines of drifting more towards base Normal types and redesigning some non-normal types into normals to be used as evolutionary bases, but who knows. I certainly didn't want to be doing a "Pikachu now evolves into every type" hack, the way I'm thinking of it.

But who knows, fakemon might be a better way to take it. I'll have to actually flesh out the idea a bit more before I know for sure, this was literally just a stray thought that came up.

As for evolution, part of me is leaning a little towards the older Fire Emblem GBA games, in terms of promotion items and all that jazz. You get a set number throughout the game, and slightly more characters than you can use for them, so in the context of Pokemon you'd get a pretty good amount of evolutionary stones throughout the hack but not so much that you can just make everything a singular type from the beginning. You have to plan or think ahead a bit as to what evolutions you want to follow through with on which Pokemon.
>>
>>27579127
Oh, normal bases actually does sound really cool. I was thinking you'd be having pokemon evolving into different species - your way is much saner.

Could be really cool! It may live and die on the strength of your modified sprites, however.... but for fakemon that's even more important, so not much of a choice there. Go with the modified real pokemon - people will be looking for more multi-form 'mons, what with all the Alola hype.
>>
I'm facing a dilemma
I really want the eeveelutions to share a Pokébody, but I can't think of a good one to give them that they would equally benefit from.
I don't want to go and make adaptability a Pokébody either. Sylveon would be one scary mofo.

My other option is to give them all different Pokébodies:
Vaporeon-Hydration (Hidden Ability becomes Swift Swim)
Jolteon-Spiky (Rough Skin clone)
Flareon-Fluffy
Espeon-Magic Guard
Umbreon-Poison Touch
Leafeon-Photosynthesis
Glaceon-Snow Rush
Sylveon-Healer

What do?
>>
>>27580201
Sorry, I'm out of the loop. What's a Pokébody?
>>
>>27576090
fucking interlaced piece of shit.
>>
>>27580345
It's basically a secondary ability that works with its other ability simultaneously and is based on a Pokémon's natural abilities or physical features.
>>
>>27580376
I had to resize the WebM to get it to fit in the file size constraints, which caused all the distortion.
My bad.
>>
>>27580478
Ah. I suggest one that weakens opponents of the same type- call it Elemental or something.
>>
>>27580505
How so? I don't want to weaken incoming attacks due to most eeveelutions already resisting them

What about a tinted lens clone?
>>
>>27579127
Sounds cool as fuck, especially if you develop some of the existing (boring) normal types into cool as fuck bases
>>
>>27578759
>>27579127
It seems to that the way you handle these evolutions is really what will make or break the concept.

Just having the Pokemon evolve exactly the same way as Eevee (mostly by items you gather) would make it a bit repetitive, as you'd spend a lot of the game buying/looking for all sorts of items to level up your Pokemon.

Personally, what I'd recommend, is that if you're already going in this deep: Try to implement a system where a Pokemon learns a wider array of powers before evolution, in that if it can evolve into say a Fighting, Fire or Fighting/Fire type, then give those types of moves to it as it levels up.
Then, when it reaches a level where it would evolve, have a script check as to what types of moves it has. If the trainer decided to only teach the Pokemon Fighting moves, then it evolves to a Fighter. Reverse goes for only fire moves and Fire type, or if it's a mix, then Fire/Fighting. Or something like this.
>>
>>27580538
I was thinking passively lowering defenses.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 480x1084px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 480x1084px
>>27580538
>tinted lens pixilate hyper voice
Pls no
>>
>>27580641
I dunno. I could see that getting pretty scary in doubles, especially since you can have more than one.
It might be better to have individual Pokébodies for each one.
At least I'd be able to manage each Pokémon's power, patch up weaknesses, and keep a theme of diversity.
>>
File: 001.png (165KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
165KB, 384x384px
Is vidyaman around? I got time. Can maybe whip up a few sprite for him.

Also, working on my sprite. Should I scale(redraw) up the sprite, or just make the standard size and let Essential double the size?
>>
>>27581029
Depends on the scaling of the other sprites, like the HUD and landscape.
It's best to maintain similar scaling throughout the game
Both look really nice though.
>>
so what is the OP webm from? that's pretty impressive.
>>
>>27581184
It's from some testing I did in RMXP to see if the soaring mechanic was possible to implement.
It's totally possible, it just needs some polishing.
>>
>>27578012
just don't catch them then, fuckface.
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, is it possible to emulate Pokemon Essentials-made games on android?
>>
>>27581355
Stock essentials can be emulated on Android using the Play Store emulator NekoRGSS, but any edit made in it comes with varied compatibility.
Ethereal Gates maybe compatible, but mine most certainly isn't at the moment.
>>
Does anyone have a patch that will let me make gender-based evolutions for a GBA romhack? I don't need all the other stuff, I'm just an autistic faggot and want to make a single Nidoran evolve into Nidorino or Nidorina based on gender, and a few other things.
>>
File: screenshot2.png (190KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2.png
190KB, 480x380px
I'm still figuring out how to stack textures this high.
>>
>Decide to give Neo Y a try
>It's the Drayano hack he never made
>Fire her up, pick Fennekin, Shauna fight is literally unwinnable without spamming potions because she has a roided Totodile and I got a shit roll.
Shauna is a gracious winner, I'll give her that. She's the cutest.
>First trainer in the game, literally three patches of grass after this is Level 7-8 and has three mons, with a team designed to counter starters and flying types.
Found out what happens if you black out before visiting any Pokemon center, you black out to home and get some encouraging words from your mom.
>Make it to Santalune Forest
>Unavoidable rival battle against Trevor who opens with a Level 8 Piplup with WATER PULSE and AQUA JET and two other mons at Level 8. We just walked into the forest a minute of gameplay ago. After beating it somehow, his Nuzzle/Charge Beam/Double Team/Never Even Saw It Pichu cleans me up.
>Every singe trainer battle is like this as of Rinka the Roller Blade Girl

Listen, future mod makers and game designers.

Pokemon X is too easy, yes. But don't go the other way and make a game so unfairly difficult at the get go. I'd be fine if it was this hard at the second gym, but I have just reached the first Pokemon Center. Drayano didn't completely fuck you at the first date, he eased you in.

Considering this actually is the easiest part of the game, according to Flintex himself, if he ever redesigned Pokemon Red if you pick Charmander the game just resets to save you the embarrassment of fighting Brock.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160729-041313.png (966KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160729-041313.png
966KB, 1440x2560px
Why hasn't anybody made a game with pokefusions possible yet?
>>
>>27582600
What's this?
>>
File: image.png (157KB, 800x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157KB, 800x260px
>>27583514
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347883
>>
Can someone link me to any great pokemon roms that are fun and playable on mobile just a download and play? I need a new adventure while I wait for sun and moon.
>>
>>27583531
Thanks!
>>
>>27583551
Next time you want to ask someone in any 4chan general for anything, always read the OP.
>>
>>27583573
Let me rephrase then. Any recommendations on which ones I should try?
>>
>>27583586
No. Because that's what the OP is for. Giving you recommendations. Please read it. This isn't a joke or a test. Read that pastebin.
>>
>>27581029
I'm always here anon.
>>
>>27576178
Would you say Godra's worth checking out?
>>
the fire red omega link from the pastebin is kill, anyone has another link i can use?
>>
>>27583839
...No words.

Okay, maybe a few.

How come your first response to finding out a link is dead isn't googling the romhack name, but whining to us?

I googled Fire Red Omega and a youtube link with this link from a year ago was the fourth result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu2bk0w1c1nk017/Pokemon%20-%20Fire%20Red%20Omega.GBA
>>
>>27576090
How do you make a 3D overworld like that?
>>
>>27583872
>How come your first response to finding out a link is dead isn't googling the romhack name, but whining to us?
I was assuming this issue was solved a long time ago but nobody changed the pastelbin, because you know, downloading either from the general or the official website is usually safer than googling
>>
>>27583910(you)
by the way, thanks
>>
>>27583910
Fair enough, but that's what antivirus is for. Enjoy your game.
>>
>>27583918
> (you)

Woah, you are new to 4chan.

Look, the (You) thing is done by 4chan itself, it's the website talking directly to you, saying this post that is being replied to was written by you. You don't have to write it out yourself.

Be careful writing out (you) because some people take it as an insult, they think you're trying to say that they're pretending to be two different people at once, or samefagging.
>>
>>27583921
i don't use anti virus, i don't need it most of the time

By the way, gonna do a different run to test some kinds of mons i don't usually use, how fucked am i?

>Tangela (starter)
>Espeon
>Umbreon
>Onix
>Horsea
>Ponyta
>>
>>27583937
dude, i was just making it clear i was samefagging in case of context not being enough, guess i did it out of habit
>>
why are there no really really good romhacks for sgc. gen2 was pretty comfy and the even older graphics have their own charm
you wouldn't be challenged by all those gen3 hacks that implement newer features into old gens and have more freedom to do your own thing
I'm thinking about maybe doing a custom comfy region in gen2 but I never managed to finish a hack before and I have absolutely no idea what kind of tools exist for gen2
>>
>>27583942

>Onix

A-are you gonna evolve that or

>Horsea

Um, is this some kind of mistake

>Ponyta

This isn't Pokemon Stadium, the evolutions are usually inferior.

Anyways, where's your bird, pal? I always try to have a Flying type for posterity.
>>
>>27583975
Gonna evolve every single one of them like a scub

Birds are overrated
>>
>>27583957

DIRECTLY FROM OUR PASTEBIN:

Gen 2:
Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition: Simple 251 hack.
<NO LINKS, READ THE PASTEBIN>

Pokémon Pure Silver: An interesting take on the 251 hack, rare Pokémon and Legendaries being placed in their own added sidequests. Webpage has been taken down, but the archive has a working DL link.

Pokémon Crystal Enhanced: Difficulty hack, adds all 251 Pokémon.

Pokémon Crystal Kaizo: Similar to the above, but taken up to masochistic levels. Prepare your anus.

Also what is SGC? It's Gold, Silver, Crystal. It's not called the SG Ball, Anon.
>>
File: Arino02.png (237KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
Arino02.png
237KB, 600x576px
>Omega Emerald
>decide to do a mono type run because i hate myself
>ghost types
>based Sableye tanks the shit out of everybody
>level 50 before third gym
>Shedinja saved the game once or twice
>Banette is a glass cannon
>Haunter is fine
>manage to get two of them to level 55
>still can't fucking beat Norman
god dammit
>>
>>27584009
yeah but I meant real romhacks not emulation helpers
idk how I mixed up the order I just woke up..
>>
The DL for Eccentric Emerald on pokecommunity is broken and I can't find the latest version anywhere else.
>>
>>27577691
English? How?
>>
>>27580478
adaptability
>>
>>27584089
Play Kaizo. Cry.

Or watch shofu try it and give up at Celadon three weeks ago.
>>
>>27583456
Neo XY are garbage, they only get worse as you go on. Viola has an underlevelled Ariados with rock throw, there's a random trainer with a power up punch Taillow, and those are just the beginning. Flintiex has no idea how to make a ROM hack. None of his changes make sense, and the player can't even get any of the ridiculous bullshit he throws at you. The games are only hard because they're so badly made.
>>
>>27576651
Not like these people read the OP anyway.
>>
>>27584492
I feel like I should just try this romhack again but with a hacked Lv. 5 six-slotted team (nothing ridiculous, only PKHeX mode stuff, just max IVs, max EV mons that I like but can't use because they're poop otherwise.

Some of his changes I can relate, but there are lines.

I'm the guy who keeps challenging Max every time he has an amazing new feature that doesn't sit well with me, after all. (I admire his dedication and creativity, though.)

I think Metapod should learn Rollout. Metapod learns nothing but Iron Defense, Bug Bite, Electroweb, and Snore.

It seems super over ambitious for the first and only real X/Y hack we have. Story changes, type changes, moveset changes, stat changes, certain trainer changes, and that's just stuff that's not in the Lite version.
>>
>>27584600
>only real XY hack we have
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=362505
It seems likely that Neo XY were Flintiex's first ever hack, and based on the story changes I'd assume he's pretty young, so I'm probably being overly harsh. The changes he's made are all actually pretty easy to do, just extremely time consuming.
Rollout Metapod would be reasonable in the hands of the player, but imagine having to fight that with a grass starter or a flying type. It probably wouldn't be much fun early on in the game.
>>
Perhaps there was some miscommunication, I meant that it should learn it at like Level 20. Not that early.

Just to make Metapod less of a joke on pupas and more a usable mon that's currently a bigger bridge to a better evolution than Magikarp.
>>
>>27584712
Oh, that seems more reasonable. Not sure why you wouldn't just evolve Metapod ASAP though. I guess it would be fun for a level if it was available later than usual.
>>
>>27584747
The point I was trying to make is that some changes make sense to me, but can seem stupid to others or completely unnecessary.

We all know Golduck should be a Water/Psychic but it doesn't feel right when you make it a Water/Psychic. Feels like you treaded on something sacred.

But either way, once the Pokecommunity starts working again, I'll be sure to check out your romhack.
>>
File: MVenusaur.png (199KB, 1005x330px) Image search: [Google]
MVenusaur.png
199KB, 1005x330px
I'm the guy from last thread who was retexturing pokemon Y.
How do you guys think i should handle Mega evos and 6th gen pokemon? I mean they were born in that dull form, so there isn't really anything i can do to make them look like as they were before, since they "weren't" before at all.
I really don't feel like letting them as they are either, because they don't go well with the other "fixed" mons. So what I tried is to recolor them using Sugi's art and other official material. Pic related is Mega venusaur, what do you think?
>>
File: ss1.png (245KB, 1030x786px) Image search: [Google]
ss1.png
245KB, 1030x786px
A friend and I made an Essentials game over on /m/, if you're interested, we'd really like your input. As far as fangames, go I think it's pretty different

>>/m/14586136

Any comments or criticism are appreciated, in this thread or the other

The majority of assets, like the battle UI are placeholders

Thanks
>>
>>27585063
It's vibrant.

As for Wilting Y

Holy hell, this romhack looks promising, I don't normally say this, but Anon, thanks for the delivery. First page and this guy is already making plans for an optional extra package that nerfs the first gym, he has verbose, nice, and funny changelogs and understands what a changelog is, and he added anti-frustration features.

There's even a "just fuck my shit up senpai" button called Insanity Edition, so Lysandre can actually be a threat.
>>
>>27578759
Sounds like Touhou Puppet Play. Only a little over 150 "base" puppets but each one has like 4 evolutions.
>>
>>27583518
RMXP neo mode 7
In the source demo, which is what I used for soaring, you can only stack up to two layers, which isn't great, but works for soaring where you're high above ground.

>>27585063
Looks fine. I'd say your SOP should be referencing the standard form's palette and making very subtle palette shifts ( think Garchomp to M-Garchomp).
Again, I think you're doing fine.
>>
>>27585099
well shit, I fucked that up good.

>>>/m/14586136

That should do it
>>
>>27585063
How do Gen 6 Pokemon compared to their Sugimori art? If they're duller then bring them up to par, otherwise just leave them as be, honestly. Megas of old Pokemon should get the updated colors if they get them.
>>
File: screenshot_4.png (12KB, 513x287px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_4.png
12KB, 513x287px
>>27585099
>Dat choice in sprite style
If you're interested, someone over at PokéCommunity made a Battle system where both characters are facing each other:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341986
>>
>>27585063
This feels like a bit of a waste of time, honestly. You've been posting about this for two days and you're only, what, four pokemon in? I'm not sure your change is even better than the original - but if it is, I probably wouldn't notice it in game. What's the point in doing it at all?
>>
>>27586106
>What's the point in doing it at all?
Autism.
>>
>>27586106
>>27586169
Again, you don't seem to understand the concept of art or creativity.

You want to do something.

So you do it.

Is it so baffling that there can be an incredibly naive and simple reason for an action? Because he prefers richer and darker colors on Pokemon?

Stop thinking objectively and start thinking subjectively. He's doing this for his and likeminded people's personal taste and because he wants to. That's all the ingredients necessary for any ROMHack.
>>
>>27586320
He's wasting his time in doing so.

He could be learning a complex coding language in the time it takes him to slightly recolor every pokemon in the dex.
>>
>>27586320
All I'm questioning is this: is it worth the effort?
>>
>>27586348
So do you waste your time when playing the games that tech you ultimately nothing of value, but you still do it.
>>
>>27586348
You could be learning a number of skills but yet here you are posting on a shitty weeb imageboard about fictional creatures.
>>
>>27586357
I personally would love to see color corrected models for the mainline games. Going forward, if gamefreak still uses washed out models in future games it should be easy to just port over the fixed models that are already made into future hacks
>>
>>27586368
>>27586376
But those things are fun. Painstakingly recolouring every pokemon? Not my cuppa tea personally.

If recolour-anon wants to go for it, go for it - but I hope he acknowledges just how long it's going to take him or has some kind of plan in place.
>>
>>27586419
You would've gotten different replies if you'd said it simply 'wasn't your cuppa tea' in the first place, rather than claim he's wasting his time.

Whose to say he doesn't get a kick out of what he's doing? If not the process, he probably still feels pretty satisfied about what he's done when he's finished with each one
>>
>>27586419
Because he's definitely being a total masochist doing something that isn't fun to him or enjoyable to people like you, right?
>>
Sorry that you probably get this a lot, but there it goes anyway.
I'm interested in doing an experimental pokemon game to try how it would be with some mechanics changed.
Problem is, I've never done a hack nor used rpgm, and my notions of coding are extremely basic. Not that I'm bad at programming; I can learn.

So what are the differences between "hacking" and using essentials in rpgm?
Which one would be better in your opinion for changing how some mechanics work, rework some pokemon entirely, and of course mapping a lot?
>>
>>27587134
ROM hacking cam get you pretty professional looking results relatively quickly, but editing past what is already in the game takes a lot of work and is very limited on most generations.

Essentials is more programming heavy, but far more customizable. You get full control of the battle system, map system, and graphical look and feel, however the only games to have come out using it have been of comparatively lower quality than most ROM hacks.

If you're really interested in programming and want to drastically change the game, I recommend Essentials, but if your changes can be done on gen 3 and lower, ROM hacking is probably the way to go.
>>
>>27587351
>If you're really interested in programming and want to drastically change the game, I recommend Essentials
This then. I see one of the complains of essentials tend to be that they don't look like "pokemon games", as in people change the graphical look too much, but that's not my intention.

I was thinking of remapping one of the regions from zero, even giving it more routes and zones.
Change types/stats, and add/change moves and abilities. And what I think makes me need essentials: redesign how the ability system works.
So I guess I'll start looking tutorials about it.
Thank you.

One last question though.
I think my biggest issue will be controlling the level curve. How do you guys manage this part?
Is there some way to calculate the levels of the trainers/wilds or it all comes down to trial and error?
>>
File: mrclean.jpg (41KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
mrclean.jpg
41KB, 650x400px
Alright watch this:
While Garbodor usually seemed to consume only garbage the clean enviroment of region X managed to cleanse its body over the generations and altered its form into a healthier state that allows it prosper into a stronger Normal type upon evolving from trubbish
>>
>>27587502
The complaints usually stem from the fact that the stock version of Essentials contains graphic from multiple Generations.

Finding a really good level curve is a good question. I haven't figured out a complete solution, but I'm thinking maybe going through and testing it out as you go will help you find a general speed of you game's level curve.
>>
>>27587502
You can tailor the graphical side of the game to look however you want. RMXP has a lot more freedom with customizing the game's look than hacking does. Hacks are pretty much confined to using 3rd or lower-saturation 4th gen tiles which have to be inserted in the game. With RMXP you can just create a tileset and load it in
>>
>>27587702
>>27587768
Alright then. Thank you for the answers.
>>
>>27587768
>4th gen map editing is a dead dream at this point
>>
Fire red omega from in the description isn't working. Anyone have a working link?
>>
>>27588324
here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ap9d9ruyzlrmn8t/AADZ6-QdKNTJN2c_kt5_rN37a/Fire Red Omega.rar
>>
>>27588421
I'll add the new link first chance I get.
>>
>>27587768
Can VX ACE be used for the better visuals of the newer gens or stick to XP for ease of use?
>>
Hey Max it's spritefag again just wondering if you set up that application yet
>>
>>27589004
I've been really busy with life, and haven't been able to put out a trailer or page yet.
Give me a week or so, and I'll have the page ready with the application.
>>
>>27588942
Yes, you can run XP games in the VX Ace engine with the right technique.

I do not think this is a smart idea for Essentials. I have seen no evidence for or against this being a good idea, so given Maruno's personality and the nature of programming I will err in caution and not try to run an expanded version of an engine in an engine.
>>
>>27584009
To be fair the pastebin actually is outdated. I think Pyrite and TPPAC are better than all the hacks in the pastebin.

The only reason I haven't updated them is because I haven't played that many hacks lately and I'd need recommendations on what to add so it can be fully comprehensive. I know I need to add the two above hacks, Red++, Red/Blue DX (which is its own kind of Red++, not quite as good but it has most of the features of Red++, Pokémon from all six generations, and full color, so it serves a niche), and Gaia, but I've barely played any other hacks in the last year that aren't already in the pastebin.
>>
Are there any decent x or y hacks? Something that quickens the combat perhaps?
>>
>>27576090
What's better: rutile ruby/star sapphire or rising ruby/sinking sapphire?
>>
>>27589855
I think NTR has a cheat for that
>>
I have the a decrypted version of Pokémon Rouge Flamme, ine of the only Essentials games to incorporate Neo Mode 7 successfully.
I'm going to see what changes need to be made to improve the Neo Mode 7 system and make it compatible with other Essentials games
>>
File: pr1-401e971.png (11KB, 276x212px) Image search: [Google]
pr1-401e971.png
11KB, 276x212px
>>27590647
With a couple tweaks, pseudo 3D can be implemented to look more like 4&5 gen games.
Pic related is a much older version of the game, and the maps look a bit better.
It still shows the extremes it can do.
>>
Wow, Insurgence and Zeta were both truly horrible. They were worse than Reborn.
>>
>>27589163
Ahh, thanks. I'll just pick up XP after payday then. May as well use what works without extra hoops to jump through. Is map editting easier with the XP?
>>
>>27590916
That's a mighty tough bar to """pass""", Anon. What's your reasoning?
>>
>>27590647
If it's the Rouge flamme I'm thinking about it's not an essentials game, unless the guy doing it decided to change the starter kit he was using toward the end. So you may have to tweak a lot of things to make it work with essentials, I don't know.
>>
>>27591207
Most of the edits he made were in Game_Map and add-on scripts.
Even if he didn't use the traditional Essentials base, which he didn't, his overworld scripts should still work after a few tweaks.
>>
>>27591267
Yep, he used pokémon script project, the french equivalent of essentials. On a side note, the guy over there are making a new SK. A demo is to be expected soon^tm
>>
>>27587502
you can remap region, change stats/types, add moves, change abilities, all with currently existing romhack tools. It's incredibly easy.
>>
File: mountaintile.png (56KB, 1045x583px) Image search: [Google]
mountaintile.png
56KB, 1045x583px
Desaturated the mountain tiles a bit.
>>
>>27583906
Neo Mode 7
It's not nearly ready for Essentials, though.
>>
Hey, They actually did a lot of tile ripping!
>>
>>27592645
The guy actually re-made a lot of the tiles himself, so it's not even ripped. He probably spent a stupid amount on time on it.
>>
>>27577691
Good luck with the post-game. It's gonna hurt.
>>
>>27593254
How extensive is vega's post-game content? I've been playing it lately but I overtrained a bit at the second gym and since then I've been wrecking everything in one hit including gyms. Going for the fifth one now and not sure if it's even worth it to keep going since the challenge is gone.
>>
>>27593290
I don't wanna spoil you everything but every dungeon, cave, forest and even B.H buildings have new areas to explore with new Pokémon and at the end of them are famous trainers from other Pokémon games and Altair/Sirius you can battle twice. Really challenging.
Also there's Alto Mare with the Mirage battles, kinda like a Fattle Frontier with very very hard trainers to beat (including Cythia and Red)

And then there's Asphere Ruins, which are... hell, literally a pain to explore but you can meet most of the lengendaries there.

When you complete the dex at 100% is when it's the true ending.
>>
File: uhoh.png (23KB, 721x480px) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.png
23KB, 721x480px
Things are starting to get real weird.
>>
>>27593419
Well shit, guess I'll stick to it and enjoy while it's pulling its punches. Do the trainers ever just get 100 lv monsters? I'd rather have the power curve stabilize at some point so fights feel fairer.
>>
>>27593663
what do you mean? Do you have anything against cereal types?
>>
how do you guys display your pokedex when presenting your own romhack
for example if you pick a set of 386 pokemon out of the 700 something we have.
just dropping a massive textlist seems kinda lame and overwhelming but handpicking an image for every single pokemon sounds really tedious...
>>
>>27593663
I saw only humor in this idea at first but its an interesting trivia endeavor. I especially like how evolution are literally the evolution of the brand mascot over time.

Your typings should be flavors. Chocolate, berry, honey, frosted etc. "Normal" type should be bran, since its so plain.
>>
For essentials, is there anyway to get the PBS .txt files out of the .dat files?
>>27594349
I make a .rtf file with the name and number, locations, level up pool, abilities (if changed), types (if changed), and then put the sprites or icons of the Pokemon above the info.
>>
File: 1469380603778.jpg (83KB, 793x620px) Image search: [Google]
1469380603778.jpg
83KB, 793x620px
Doing rerun of white 2, is there a way to increase the hidden grotto regeneration percentage? Read something about some key codes, but don't really know shit
>>
File: envirolutions.png (34KB, 767x192px) Image search: [Google]
envirolutions.png
34KB, 767x192px
>>27593663
Envirokids as eeveelutions please. Heres some sprites ready to go. Gorilla Munch as eevee since he started the craze.
>>
>>27594791
Holy shit, this.
>>
>>27592305
Looking good, anon! Are those gen 3 grass tiles you're using with gen 4 everything else? It looks a little bit off. Have you considered gen 5's grass style as an alternative?
>>
File: 1.0-release-poster.png (1MB, 1500x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1.0-release-poster.png
1MB, 1500x2400px
Holy shit. Pokemon Uranium just got released.

Released. Uranium. A game I've been following for like five years now. Miracles do happen!

Pic related: why aren't you playing it?

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1316
>>
do I really have to learn hexediting if I want to add new pokemon into gsc...
I hate "coding"..
>>
>>27596231
>9+ years in the making
Holy shit

Looks really good though. This might be the game that gives Essentials the credibility it deserves.
>>
>>27596231
>why aren't you playing it?

Because
>Essentials

>>27596389
No, just use the disassembly.
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal

Though, there are only 253 usable slots in Crystal, so unless you're fine with removing some Pokémon there's not much you can do.
>>
>>27596559
excuse my being retarded but can I edit some shit in this then build it, edit shit with tools and then disassemble it again? or do I have to commit to all the changes I want to make for pokemon first and then edit the remaining things
either way this is already helping
thank you
>>
>>27597056
No tools. You edit the shit in the disassembly and build it whenever you make a change; if you try editing the ROM with tools afterward, all the changes you make will be undone since you're building the ROM from scratch.
>>
>>27596559
>>27597126
>cygwin spamming error messages upon install
>can't get a build working
>can't get it to figure out what github is
I guess I'll just stop here again before I get too invested into something that will only frustrate me
>>
>>27594791
It is done.

Any ideas what I should do for caterpie metapod and buttetfree? Just finished up Crazy Cravings as mankey.
>>
>>27597479
What error are you getting?

Remember to just install and build the vanilla ROM before changing anything.
>>
>>27597126
yeah its telling me to grab git make python and gettext
not one of these packages exists
>>
File: heavy breathing.gif (2MB, 207x186px) Image search: [Google]
heavy breathing.gif
2MB, 207x186px
>>27597613
alright this is making me feel like a retard and hate myself because I somehow managed to fuck up the installation process and now can't undo it
I'm already 60 minutes into a hexedit tutorial for gsc and I'll just do it that way I guess, thank you anyways
>>
>>27597728
I'd really recommend not doing hex editing, the disassembly is a million times easier once it's set up and you know the basics of git.

I had heard gettext wasn't needed in pokecrystal anymore. You should ask #pret about this, it's the main hub for this sort of thing.

webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23pret
>>
>>27597777
I don't think you understand how early in I error:
I install cygwin and in the installer I'm supposed to install make git python gettext as packages
but these don't exist for me
yet cygwin just pretended they did and kept installing. when I reinstall it just loads up the old files again instead of redownloading. when I attempt to use it it spams error messages because obviously it doesn't have any of the packages it needs
I'm not even in prets disassembly
its not letting me access it
maybe I'll come back tomorrow but error screens I can't fix make me want to kill myself so I'm taking a break for now.
>>
>>27597949
Sounds like taking a break until tomorrow would help, yeah. Hopefully you'll figure it out then.
>>
What's everyone's favorite hack? I need a good hack with a good diversity of pokemon, good story, and well polished
>>
>>27594738
No one? From playing around, it's possible to get some of the PBS files (abilities, type data, move data, trainers, TMs, some other things), but can't get Pokemon or map data. After running the editor, it even eats my townmap.dat file. I just wanna play in debug mode.
>>
>>27598096
Its not really a big story, but I'm liking this rom hack

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364713

Lets you play the events of Kanto from Blue/Gary's PoV, but they add enough that its different from FRLG, in some areas you go to are completely different paths.

Its not finished yet however, and only up to Koga's gym.

My biggest problem is they have mega Pokemon in it, despite the fact they shouldn't be around yet, but that's a tiny nit pick.
>>
File: 1331397988103.jpg (36KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1331397988103.jpg
36KB, 268x265px
Crossborder here.

I saw a image with 4chan memes pokemon about 6 months ago. Did that hack ever get released?

Thanks.
>>
>>27599932
You mean Clover?
I think the guys are still working on it, but in an IRC chat.
>>
>>27597994
alright now I got cygwin to work (I think)
at least it dowloaded something from the github
but...
I don't even know where it is?
also when I enter "make" it says this:
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

where do I even edit the game now? in the github itself? the only thing related to the pokemon I could find were the dex entries but that wouldn't let me allow to edit stats right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (768B, 199x27px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
768B, 199x27px
>>27600200
>*** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Are you in the right directory? If you cloned it properly you should have a "pokecrystal" folder.
>>
>>27600277
theys_000@de_struggle ~
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal
fatal: destination path 'pokecrystal' already exists and is not an empty directory.

theys_000@de_struggle ~
$ cd pokecrystal^C

yeah
>>
>>27600332
If you're in the /pokecrystal directory then I'm not sure what's wrong, you should have a Makefile in that folder if you cloned it. I'm about to head to bed though, so I'll either help you tomorrow or you can go to that IRC I linked and see if anyone can help you there.
>>
>>27600384
alright good night
I just scanned all harddrives on this system including temp folders and there is no folder called pokecrystal on my computer.... all that I have is the search log of said thing and logs of Cygwin saying I downloaded something with that name
>>
>>27600438
For me it's within the cygwin folder I installed. It goes

>/cygwin/home/User/pokecrystal

Good luck.
>>
Anyone have experience using the cracked version of drastic? Wanna play storm silver on muh phone.
>>
File: 1.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>27596231
>start it up
>walk downstairs and this is the text on the first thing i interacted with

And here i was excited for a new nuzlocke run in a new game, and it turns out the devs are undertale fags. Goddamn it.
>>
>>27600505
What?
>>
File: 3.jpg (157KB, 741x740px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
157KB, 741x740px
>>27600531
>>
File: tumblr_n5e1duULFL1t02edfo1_400.jpg (282KB, 300x566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5e1duULFL1t02edfo1_400.jpg
282KB, 300x566px
>>27600505
I don't get it. And honestly, who cares.
>>
>>27600582
It's an immediate sign that the whole game has been infected by a horrible fan base, and that nothing good lies ahead.
>>
>>27600613
If you wanted something good, you wouldn't be playing Pokemon romhacks and fangames.
>>
File: Klonoa.png (29KB, 180x60px) Image search: [Google]
Klonoa.png
29KB, 180x60px
>>27583605
Ayy
>>
>>27600505
my favorite is when devs literally advertise memes on their game page/ screenshot section
I like it because it's a good way to know immediately not to play it.
>>
>>27594791
Not sure. But cocoa pebbles and fruity pebbles for the fossils I think. Cookie crisp as growlithe. And boi you trying to tell me honey comb monster isn't the perfect fit for mankey?
>>
>>27597545
>>27601071
Meant to reply there
>>
File: 200px-Gold_explores_Route_29.png (62KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Gold_explores_Route_29.png
62KB, 200x150px
>>27596150
I might try gen 5. Gen 4 grass, at least the style in this pic, looks horrid to me.
>>
>finally get pokecrystal build working
>every fucking file is zipped up by some nazi linux software that makes deliberately crappy/Broken ports to windows and doesn't update them since 2003
>if they are not linux zips they are .pal files
alright I'm glad I lost about 5 years in stress for absolutely nothing
>>
File: JUST.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
>ash gray will never be finished
metapod23 u fuck
>>
>>27589542
>TPPAC
?
>>
>>27593663

Wow, that's a nostalgia bomb out of left field; I remember my mom getting huge boxes of this cereal as a kid and I ate it up like candy.
>>
>>27600628

You just wait until I finish my anon,

Then you'll see. Then you'll ALL see
>>
>>27600505
Hold up. If you're not an undertalefag yourself, how did you recognise it?
>>
>>27604045
probably because it was all over the internet for a really long time?
>>
anyone have a guide to installing a9lh on o3ds?
>>
>>27604086
What, that specific line? That's a really obscure reference, and Uranium isn't a very memey game. It's probably just a one-off thing because, Anon, sometimes people have different opinions from you! Who'd have thought?
>>
What's the hardest 3DS romhack? Preferably with alot of Pokemon variety early on. Also can you Wonder Trade with any of the 3DS romhacks?
>>
>>27604295
Check out Drayano's hack of ORAS
>>
What's the best romhack out there?

I hear people toit Light Plantium around like it's God's gift, but it seems pretty low quality.

I also heard Snakewood to be good. It wasn't.
>>
>>27604344
Snakewood is garbage.
Underages on PC claims it to be god-tier because "zombies use da pokeyman xD"
>>
>>27604344
Sacred Gold / Storm Silver
>>
>>27604398
I was actually interested in the story, besides the shitty writing, but bone of it made sense.

Also I tried Glazed, and it wasn't bad, but there wasn't really anything to pull me in. Just kind of boring.
>>
>>27604313
that's new
where can I find this drayano hack?
is it harder than star sapphire?
>>
>>27604456
https://twitter.com/Drayano60

Probably not harder than Star Sapphire since it doesn't require you to use Exp. Share the whole game, but I like it better because Drayano has a great sense of balance when it comes to his hacks.
>>
I want to make it so every single Pokemon is available on every single route in Pokemon X. Is that possible with a randomizer or something?

My 3DS is hacked and I have an installed .cia of Pokemon X.
>>
>>27605006
That is impossible. You can only have like ten different encounters in a route at a time.
>>
>>27605021
Ah ok thanks.
>>
>>27604313
>Drayano's hack of ORAS

>PSA my little project over the last few months has been revamping RR/SS a bit to improve the wild list and pokemon changes.

>I'd like to say hold off a week or two if you're thinking about starting now, though I can't guarantee I'll get it out in that timeframe

Why would you recommend it now of all times that he's going to do a major update that's savegame incompatable
>>
>>27605053
I didn't know that, I got RR/SS from the original launch
>>
>>27605067

It actually wasn't your fault, Anon. I was mainly miffed with the guy who linked the twitter account that just posted those tweets on the 28th.
>>
>>27596231
The site is unavailable atm.
Anyone knows where I could get the game?
>>
>>27578759
you mean digimon?
>>
>>27605343
https://mega.nz/#!6YdCSJ5Q!hkyWiwm9p7nIyGJrnZIDBegjlhOsIfe8Jov4jMjzW-o
>>
>>27604344
>snakewood
I played all of that game. It was like a glimpse into the creator's mental health problems.

Started off solidly enough... for what the concept was. At it's best, it's engaging and interesting. And then it spirals down into madness and loses all coherence.
>>
>>27596231
I'm having massive problems with the framerate on my laptop. It's almost unplayable.

Dammit. I was so excited, too. I wish there was an option to turn off the fog and day/night cycle overlays.
>>
Please tell me this is not "Gender Neutral" option.
>>
>>27605723
It is, and I'm OK with that. You should be too.
>>
>>27605723
Yeah, the artist for this game is a realtumblrfag. But the design is better than the M/F options so whadever
>>
>>27605723
i guess? but i picked the trainer on the right and the game still uses "they" pronouns to refer to me so i'm assuming it does that no matter who you pick
>>
>>27606073
Same here. Unfortunately, all the trainer options are a bit shit aren't they? The middle one's overworld sprite looks the best though.
>>
File: wtf is this captcha.jpg (35KB, 982x272px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this captcha.jpg
35KB, 982x272px
>>27605723
>>27606142
Most likely
I don't see the problem with it
It asks you who you are, not what gender you are.
Sun/Moon does the same thing, "what do you look like?"
If anything, it gives you another character option and gender queer people a character to choose that they can interpret as "non-binary". Gender identity never really mattered in Pokémon anyway, as the characters are school age, the game doesn't vary much between choices, and lack romantic or sexual interest.
>>
>>27606285
you think anyone uses exclusively genderless pokemon like magnemite and porygon just because they are "non-binary"?
>>
>>27606483
>porygon
>non-binary
01001100 01001111 01001100
>>
>>27606483
You'd have to be pretty autismo to do that if you're really self inserting as ALL of your Pokémon down to the gender, but I could see someone simply liking unknown gendered Pokémon.

But player wise, it never mattered. Gen 1 and and GS didn't have a female option, yet it was the biggest era of Pokémon until now, popular amongst boys, girls, men, and women almost equally.

Another thing, not all players self insert at all, and rather play as a character unlike themselves. Picking a character of a gender that's not yours shouldn't be frowned on either.
>>
>>27606549
And top kek
>>
File: Sammy.jpg (22KB, 225x252px) Image search: [Google]
Sammy.jpg
22KB, 225x252px
>>27606549
01000001 01110111 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101110 01101001 01100111 01100111 01100001 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110010 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101
>>
>>27607237
Try using a different magnification/filter or 3D renderer
>>
>>27606483
I'm almost tempted to make a script for essentials that generates pokemon with tumblr genders just to troll people.
>>
I installed a Pokemon Star Sapphire .cia. When you hover over it, it says an update is available. Should I update? I assume that I shouldn't.
>>
>>27607417
Please go ahead.
>>
File: desmume line.png (10KB, 1434x782px) Image search: [Google]
desmume line.png
10KB, 1434x782px
Thought I'd bring my question here too, how do you get rid of this annoying little white line on the bottom left? This didn't happen with the previous versions of Desmume only the recent one.
>>
File: d3034.gif (978KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
d3034.gif
978KB, 350x197px
>>27606073
>>27606235
>taking people with mental illnesses seriously
I hope I just responded to bait.
>>
File: spritesheet.png (258KB, 872x2594px) Image search: [Google]
spritesheet.png
258KB, 872x2594px
Updated!
>>
>>27601540
If you're talking about the .lz and .2bbp files, those are specially compressed and decompressed by the compiler, they aren't meant to be unzipped normally. If you add a file to pokecrystal the compiler will automatically compress it and make shit like the .pal files and animation files.

>>27602343
Twitch Plays Pokémon: Anniversary Crystal.
>>
>>27605053
>savegame incompatible

Did he or someone else figure out how to add new event flags for custom scripts or trainers?
>>
>>27607663
You didn't. Being nonbinary isn't a mental illness, though; some non-western cultures include more than two genders in the norm. Also, telling someone on 4chan to respect nonbinary genders is kind of like throwing marshmallows at a boulder.
>>
>>27600720
>>27607984
>>
>>27608273
>not posting examples of said cultures since they're all retarded and embarrassing
Every time.
>>
File: 1364631769325.png (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1364631769325.png
88KB, 500x500px
>>27606073
>>27608273
>Being nonbinary isn't a mental illness, though

Unless you're born in those cultures and strictly live by those cultures' rules, it's a mental illness. The only people in the west who claim to be a lithromantic agender polysexual bitrans attack helicopter are attention whores and people who are actually insane.

And don't claim joining a random culture's lifestyle out of nowhere isn't attention whoring. My dyke aunt converted my three cousins to Buddhism just because she could.
>>
>>27608465
By that logic, having a religion that the vast majority around you doesn't have is a mental illness.
>>
>>27608300
Oh fuck how did I miss that. Thanks for showing me.
>>
>>27608502
If someone had an odd religion I'd assume they'd have a reason like growing up in a family that practiced that religion.

If a young kid claims to be transsexual or nonbinary I would just assume the parents are mentally ill instead of the child.

This isn't Pokémon though so I'll stop replying to prevent further shitting up the thread.
>>
>>27605053
I highly doubt it's save incompatible. Hell, I imported a save from ORAS and it worked fine.
>>27605006
Every single Pokemon on every single route? Impossible. It is possible to fit every single Pokemon into the game though.
>>
>>27608502
It is, if you randomly make yourself a worshiper of odin or something equally alien to the culture around you, it's either to garner attention or because of a more serious mental problem.
>>
File: ichimatsu.png (391KB, 561x661px) Image search: [Google]
ichimatsu.png
391KB, 561x661px
How can people who are dedicated enough to make romhacks make such basic, painful spelling mistakes so consistently? It blows my mind, is spelling really that hard?
>>
>>27608540
Oh no you don't, senpai. You can't make exceptions like that. A religion is nothing more that a spiritual belief or understanding of the world around them.
Christianity, for example, has thousands upon thousands of interpretations that vary from person to person. A Christian coming from very strictly Bible based family may take drugs, be pro-choice, or even be a Deist. His is or her interpretation is up to his understanding of his world and is based on his or her personal beliefs.
The parents have little effect on the outcome of the child's internal belief system.

>>27608599
And you, my friend. The world is a mighty big place, and ideas and information is transferred in more ways than ever before. To consider yourself rational because you limited your thought pool to only the ideas of the culture around you is absurd, because you have to deliberately renounce facts, teachings, and understandings from other cultures.
It's not a mental disorder to be the only Buddhist is rural Alabama.
And a hammer wielding thunder god seems just as rational as a man in the clouds that tells you psychically what to say and do, who split himself into three parts to come down and die as a human only to resurrect himself and wait thousands of years without doing much of anything until he feels like rapturing all the souls that believed in him, innocent babies may or may not be included.
Also, Norse "mythology", like Greek died out when a more militarily advanced nation came in and stole their culture in the name of THEIR religion. In the case of the Greeks, the Romans just took their religion, changed the names, and commercialized them, almost making them like modern day Japanese mascots. It took the fall of the most advanced civilization for Christianity to arise, and the Christians started doing the same manipulation tactics to gain power. Really makes you think

(1/2)
>>
>>27607984
Why are spriters for projects like this better than the ones from Sage/Clover?
>>
File: grandma-gun.jpg (29KB, 433x308px) Image search: [Google]
grandma-gun.jpg
29KB, 433x308px
>>27608540
>>27608599
>>27609113

(2/2)
You both failed to realize that many transsexuals, transgenders, and otherkin acknowledge that physically they were not the things they believe they are, but in fact they believe that they are spiritually these identities.
"Trapped in a boy's body", "My tulpa's wings", and the like sound very similar to "The devil made me do it", "I'm so full of sin", and "God lives through me".
But you never here a transsexual say, "let me express who I believe I am, or else you'll burn in Hell".
If anything is insane or mentally unbalanced, it would be Zionism, Radical Religious Terrorism, and the belief in a Force responsible for every bad act an individual does. Religion has brought down every lost civilization. It caused a half millennia of educational darkness.

Man in a Dress with a dildo up his ass spouting pronouns on Tumblr never did this.
>>
>>27609113
>>(1/2)
kys
>>
File: tips fedora.png (54KB, 229x254px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
54KB, 229x254px
>>27609113
>>27609333
>>
>>27609113
Yep, and gender, unlike religion only has a partly cultural basis. I'm not using that to classify it as a 'mental illness', but the two cannot be compared.
>>
>>27609348
> I see you made a logical argument, but little did you know I have this picture of a Pokemon wearing a fedora. Haha tough luck pal.png
>>
>>27609431
The 2nd post is bait big enough to clear the Lake of Rage of its Magikarp population. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1409448547826.png (62KB, 292x244px) Image search: [Google]
1409448547826.png
62KB, 292x244px
>>27609431
>>
>>27609455
Explain perhaps?
>>
>>27590916
Care to explain why?
>>
Does anyone have of decent sea autotile ? With waves going back and forth on the beach.
>>
>>27609612
I'm working on one. Check back in a couple days
>>
>>27609565
You're an edgy boy in an edgy world, where edgy things happen. Set off on your edgy journey through this edgy region to become the true edgelord master!

Yeah, that's about it. Really.
>>
File: oops.png (161KB, 1358x503px) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
161KB, 1358x503px
someone fucked up, thanks dray
>>
>>27609674
which of the games are you talking about?
>>
>>27609792
Not him, and I've only played Zeta, but from what I've seen of Insurgeance it sounds like an equally valid description for both.
>>
>>27584009
the pokemon pure silver download link in the pastebin doesn't work
>>
File: alienfruitmonster.jpg (8KB, 172x150px) Image search: [Google]
alienfruitmonster.jpg
8KB, 172x150px
Tangela
>>
>>27609659
Nice, thanks !
>>
>>27609821
Story aside, what about gameplay? It good?
>>
File: plok gsc.png (890B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
plok gsc.png
890B, 56x56px
>>27607984
First sprite for the project. How'd I do?
>>
>>27596231
>Mankey
>that Jerbolta thing
they don't look remotely like they belong in the same game.
>>
File: fix'd.png (785B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
fix'd.png
785B, 56x56px
>>27610021
I got u brother
>>
>>27590647
Ridled with grammar mistakes.
Worst offender is the third screenshot.
Somehow managed to fit 3 mistakes in a 8-words question.
>>
>>27610741
Neither does any starter and many recent legendaries.
>>
>>27590647
>>27590735
There's an option for that in essentials. You just have to set MAPVIEWMODE to 2.

Problem is that it completely disregards layers, which makes it basically unuseable. I'd love to get a properly working version.
>>
>>27591267
you mind sharing the scripts in a pastebin or something?
>>
>>27610977
Perspective mode does very little to make the game look like 4/5, If I'm using it correctly, that is. I'll look further into it through.
>>
>>27611002
I'll share the script when finished, but it'll take a bit more than some script edits to get going.
>>
>>27611056
sweet
>>
>>27608451
http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/a-map-of-world-cultures-that-recognize-more-than-two-genders/
It was actually because I'm incredibly lazy.
>>27609113
>>27609333
I love you.
>>27609348
>>27609456
I'm just gonna assume these are the same person and question why you have at least two of these. If they aren't the same person, then holy shit why would multiple people draw a fedora-tipping Lucario?

Anyway, back to hacking and Essentials.
>>
>>27611589
>I'm just gonna assume these are the same person and question why you have at least two of these.

One was a non-cringey Lucario pic that happened to have Riley's hat in that pose so I cropped it for reaction image purposes, the other was an OC I saw in a cringe thread that also worked for reaction images.
>>
>>27611846
That seems reasonable. "Fedora" still isn't an argument, though.
>>
File: group.png (6KB, 192x120px) Image search: [Google]
group.png
6KB, 192x120px
>>27607984
contributing
>>
>>27612440
Oh damn, these are nice as fuck.
>>
>>27612440
GOAT
>>
File: 1468101827697.png (59KB, 293x317px) Image search: [Google]
1468101827697.png
59KB, 293x317px
>>27612440
>that king
>>
>>27608038
so I get the file sizes and resolutions from somewhere else? or do I just guess lmao
I was hoping to edit them
I wanted to make a a fiery version of onix that adapted to living on around a vulcano and using magma stone similiar to the alola ninetails.
I guess I'll just have to grab them from bulbapedia or something, I was just hoping I could do it all offline.
how would one go about disabling the animations?
>>
File: dimensions.png (20KB, 666x467px) Image search: [Google]
dimensions.png
20KB, 666x467px
>>27613577
>so I get the file sizes and resolutions from somewhere else?

The file size doesn't matter as long as it fits in the ROM, there's no standard file size for sprites.

Resolution for backsprites is always 48x48 pixels, and front sprites can be 40x40, 48x48, or 56x56. The data for this is in a Pokémon's base stats, i.e. Farfetch'd has a 48x48 front sprite so his data is 6x6, since it measures the data in 8x8 blocks.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-08+at+01.54.00).png (141KB, 1386x959px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-08+at+01.54.00).png
141KB, 1386x959px
>>27613677
alright thanks.
sorry to be so annoying but how do I go about changing up the pokemon
I searched through almost all of the files now and it seems like there are at least 20 different positions in which I find something like the name bulbasaur
do I have to replace it everywhere? or is just the base stat asm enough and it does it automatically for things like pokedex entries and so on?
>>
I can't seem to figure out how to allow dual screens in VX Ace. (I'm not porting essentials over, just want to figure out dual screens.) Would any of you know what the best way to go about this would be?
>>
>>27613982
If you want to completely replace a Pokémon, you're going to have to replace everything.

Also, you don't have to search files manually; if you use "git grep [search]" it'll look through the files for every instance of something. If you want to find Pokémon data you should use a Pokémon that doesn't appear on any trainers or in the wild like Articuno, so you get less results that aren't base stats.
>>
>Insurgence still has the bug where if you forfeit a challenge you lose your Instant Lapras and Scuba Gear
>Thought I didn't have Surf as an HM and submitted my bug report based on that
>Found out I had the HM for Surf but didn't have Scuba Gear and Dive isn't in the fucking game yet for some reason

First thought: Fun otherwise, I love being able to basically just use nothing but Golurk

Second thought: Fuck these guys for not noticing an obvious problem
>>
File: nice.png (21KB, 630x300px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
21KB, 630x300px
>>27614266
I tried searching online but didn't find anything
are there any tutorials for this somewhere?
I feel like I have a lot of power now but I'm not a game developer and have very little tools so I don't really know what to do with half of the files.
For example I don't know how I would go about disabling animated sprites and making them static would simply replacing them be enough?

>git grep
wow this makes life easy
although this doesn't include everything
I'd have to make a search for Bulbasaur, bulbasaur, BULBASAUR and 001 apparently but its still better than going through every single file.
>>
Why do people like Pokemon reborn and Pokemon Rejuvenation when they're both tryhard as fuck?
>>
>>27608273
Nah, it's a mental illness. Stop encouraging it.
>>
>>27614513
git grep -i bulbasaur
>>
>>27614513
You can also do "git grep -i [search]" to ignore capitalization.

>I don't know how I would go about disabling animated sprites and making them static would simply replacing them be enough?

I think you just have to edit the .anim files to be "endanim" and nothing else. You'd probably save some space in the ROM if you replaced the sprites since that extra animation graphics is in said sprites but I don't think it's necessary.
>>
>>27615279
;)
>>
File: browser.png (2KB, 60x58px) Image search: [Google]
browser.png
2KB, 60x58px
>>
>>27609856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlOTNtUvhe8

It's on this video, Anon.

I am assuming you made a mistake, and I'll help you. I got this link by following the link in the pastebin.

2shared /file/Szb3QSzk/PokemonPureSilver.html
>>
File: group2.png (5KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
group2.png
5KB, 128x192px
>>27607984
contributing more
>>
File: _20160421_205036.jpg (39KB, 477x465px) Image search: [Google]
_20160421_205036.jpg
39KB, 477x465px
>>27616177
>>27616902
>>27612440
>>27610829
>>27610021
OOOOOHHH FUUUUUUUUCK

We just might be finished with this dex yet! Thanks for the donations, my good chum.
>>
File: shovel knight gsc.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
shovel knight gsc.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>27607984
got another one
>>
Bump
There's a strangely comforting touch of humanity in this thread.
>>
>>27620823
Whenever people cooperate or just talk about about a topic without political issues it tends to be chill
>>
>>27607984
>>27618947
where do I get the colour palette for this?
>>
>>27621871
Just use whatever colors. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>27607984
really nice keep it up
>>
File: Vectorman.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Vectorman.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>27607984
haven't made sprites in a real long time, but I figured I'd try for my boy Vectorman
>>
>>27598801
>>27598801
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364713
how do I mega evolve in this? I attached Beedrillite to my beedrill but I don't know how to activate it.
>>
File: asuka.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
1KB, 56x56px
contributing
>>
Thoughts on Pokémon Pure Silver and gen 2 romhacks in general? What's your favourite gen 2 romhack? I liked Christmas Gold
>>
>>27622742
I'm thinking about creating one but since there is no way to properly edit the pokemon in it without hexediting I'm now "stuck" with pokecrystal
but boy, I don't know if I can map without any tools

pyrite seems to be a decent "difficulty" hack
I don't really like christmas because I don't like the theme it has, I'll look into it when its winter maybe then it'll be comfy.
there are very few high quality gen 2 hacks and to be honest I don't think I could change that either this shit is actually harder than gen3
>>
Is there a way to create a new trainer with PK3DS and add it to the game?
>>
File: corrin.png (1KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
corrin.png
1KB, 56x56px
>>27622485
>>27607984
another one
>>
>>27623042
It's hypothetically possible but to create something totally new instead of just replacing something, you'd have to script in a new event. Which is beyond everyone for now. Even Mixeli just replaces data. So in that sense, yeah, you could. Overwrite text, replace a portrait, even replace overworld model and textures. Otherwise, no.
>>
File: 1469794693602.png (120KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1469794693602.png
120KB, 284x339px
>>27605723
>Xe xi xo xum I smell the privilege of white cis scum

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid this SJW shitshow.
>>
File: s***.jpg (20KB, 412x368px) Image search: [Google]
s***.jpg
20KB, 412x368px
So. I'm new here
Do we all have to use Linux?
>>
>>27624227
No. You just have to download Essentials.
>>
>>27624266
But we're hackers right?
All hackers usw Linux
>>
>>27615174
I never played Rejuvenation, but I liked the challenge Reborn gave me. As much as the field system could be a pain sometimes it also felt interesting how some moves were affected and as much as the level cap could hinder me, it also made me learn to strategize.
As much as it was edgy, it also had... I dunno? It just had something interesting that made me keep going and playing. The game had everything in it for me to hate it, but somehow I still found myself liking it. I dont know if it was the challenges, the sidequests to obtain the pokemon or something else though. I just liked it
>>
>>27622597
You still need a Mega Ring
>>27605723
Couldnt care less for gender neutral options. Dont know why you do
>>
Does Star Sapphire have a modified Delta Episode? Or is it the same as the normal game.
>>
New Toast
>>27624656
>>27624656
>>27624656
>>27624656
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.