[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Split Evo fags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (125KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 320x337px
No split Evos for starters or any other Forms
>>
>>27550580
>GUYS I DID IT XDDDD THOSE LEAKS ARE F A K E
The leaker said that you choose in the Dex which evolution should appear there.
>>
Oh... duh. How the hell did this not come up sooner. Did I miss it?
>inb4 gamefreak edited it so it'd be surprise!!
>>
>>27550580
Literally this.
Reminder that the only trustworthy leak until now is the chinese one, the other ones just rode on its credibility to add more shit on top. For more information, please visit the leaks general >>27550230
>>
The argument here is that by "split-evo" they're referring to something like Meowstic.

I'm not particularly for split evos unless they retcon other lines to have gender differences too, but it'd be cool if you wanted a more masculine poppmaid.
>>
>>27550580
Might not even be split evos because Alola Dex. Maybe s/he was referring to Gender Differences like on Gen V and Gen VI.
>>
>>27550580
Thank you, you just killed that stupid theory.
>>
>>27550625
I never said the leaks were fake you idiot.
Back when this was shown on E3 they said these spots show and evolution or another form. If they had another form then there would be a third box.

And Split evolution is like Wurmple/Tyrogue

Formes is like Megas,Womadam,Alolan
It's a clear difference
>>
>>27550625
That sounds retarded desu why have a completely different Pokemon have the same dex number

>>27550658
No he meant actual evolutions not gender differences
>>
>>27550698
>I never said the leaks were fake you idiot.
>But I'm also saying that

Retard.
>>
>>27550720
Meowstic
>>
>>27550625
Why the fuck would that be the case. We've already seen how Eevee's page looks and if any page needed a way to only show a few at a time it'd be Eevee's. But they show every single one.
>>
>>27550580
Nice job plumber anon
Stop them leaks
>>
>>27550743
Is just a gender difference, it doesn't have two separate dex numbers
>>
>>27550625
Split Evolution does not equal new forms
>>
Well, it may be possible that the different evolutions are in the different pokedex for each island...
>>
>>27550778
>Gender difference
>Different appearance
>Different movepool
>Different BST
Sure, lad
>>
Did the leaks say split evos? I thought it said different forms with different types kinda like Rotom.
>>
File: 1444968268247.gif (28KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444968268247.gif
28KB, 356x200px
>>
>>27550780
OP says "No split Evos for starters or any other Forms" while posting the grass starter
>Hurrrr split evolution =/= new forms!!!!!!

What is reading comprehension?
>>
>>27550580
It'll either be like Meowstic and share a slot that you can switch between views in the dex, or there will be a dex listing for each island and the starters will be on each one.
>>
>>27550580
Each island has a different dex
>>
>>27550810
Their BST remains the same, only its HA is different.
>>
>>27550856
This is becoming one of the most misused phrases since the "confirmation" of those 3 starter evolutions.
>>
>>27550580
Wait why are we seeing Litten when the rival take the pokemon weaker to yours ?
>>
>>27550778
There are no concrete rules about this and there never can be because of Nidoran. If they change it they have to basically retcon the whole Pokedex because of it's sequential nature.

There will always be exceptions and the devs can do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
I still think the possibility of split starter evo's is very unlikely.

Plus the leak said they "may" have split evo's. So they're not even sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2048x2048px
>>27550580
>>
>>27550893
Meowstic works the way it does because it's a gender difference, and it's logistically kind of weird to have a starter evolution for each island. That means a player has to either stay or go back to the first island when their starter wants to evolve, or hold back on evolving until you get to the last island (assuming your starter will evolve somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd island if progression is roughly similar to gyms). Not impossible but a pretty weird and convoluted system for starter pokemon and hardly warranted.
>>
>>27550580
Good evidence

>>27550625
Shit argument, leaker said it was different pokemon and not forms, which are completely different, and different pokes have different dex numbers. A better argument would be >>27550903 this, but it clearly shows the "leaker" didnt think this throughout.

No split "evos", just accept it before it hurts more.
>>
>>27551006
>August 2nd
>After the newest release of information
"no"
>>
I'm not convinced of the split evos leak, but the pokemon themselves would be different, not dex entries.

I imagine it would work similar to rotom. Change in stats/typing, but doesn't take up more spots on the pokedex.

In fact, this is already surely going to happen with the Alolan versions of older pokemon, so there is already precedent, here.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UC-uLg_5RI

Go to 18:50
>>
>>27551125
we know the dex now shows alternate forms of pokemon, like FRLG's pokedex. The point of this post was, perhaps simultaneously, that if there were alternate forms of the starters there would be more Pokeballs, alongside extra dex entries.
>>
>>27551142
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UC-uLg_5RIA
>>
>>27551030
>Shit argument
>Not a single argument there

Mermaidfag, wait and see.
>>
File: 1450062237904.jpg (164KB, 2034x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1450062237904.jpg
164KB, 2034x1133px
>>27550927
This is taking "grasping at straws" to a whole new level, you are literally grasping at straws about grasping at straws, my dick is wet for you
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 546x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 546x719px
>>27550955
It's lit
>>
File: file.png (342KB, 750x470px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
342KB, 750x470px
>>27550580
C'mon you idiots. They might still get drastically different gender-exclusive forms.
>>
>>27551376
See but at 19:40 >>27551179
>>
>>27551376
The Pokedex has Pokeball icons indicating all evolutions and forms attached to a specific Pokemon.
>>
>>27550955
Hau isn't your rival you fucking retard.
>>
>>27551471
How do we know the Pokedex has a ball for forms?
>>
>>27551487
Because they say it
>>
>>27551487
https://youtu.be/UC-uLg_5RIA?t=1160
>>
File: 250px-413Wormadam-Plant.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-413Wormadam-Plant.png
38KB, 250x250px
What's going on here?
>>
>Some people actually believing the starters will have split evolution's

kek
>>
>>27551541
It's the bargaining stage of grief
"okay, they could be real but we could get these too'
>>
>>27550625
I don't belive in the split evos, but maybe it could be different formes depending on the sex or just other form for the same pokemon (like Meowstic, that got different abilities and moves)
>>
>>27551654
Then where is the third spot for the form then?
>>
So what about the secret of the starters and Rockruff? Of Rockruff will evolve into 2 different pokemons (depending on the day or the night) it should be the same for the starters
>>
>>27550646
>only trustworthy leak is the chinese one

how did the leaker who got more right than the chinese leak ride on the chinese leaks credibility exactly? especially when at that time the chinese leak had no credibility as the smogoner who posted it wouldn't even give us a date and time for it and just told us to believe it was 2 weeks old?

do you even think before spouting this retarded shit?
>>
>>27550720
the alola forms and oricorio birds are going to have the same dex number and they have completely different designs and types. SANDslash is going to have the same name despite being ice/steel with nothing relating it to sand/grond. so this would be pretty much the exact same situation as those. not difficult to grasp
>>
>>27552066
Exactly. Same name and number but different typing/stats/movepool
>>
OP nice find
>>
>>27550917
Still a completely different ability and movepool. Also Basculin and Gastrodon exist, albeit without varied movepools between the two.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>27551006
>>
What if there is no mid evo?what if there's only two different final evolutions.

Game freak really wants to change things up.
>>
>>27550748
Alola formes still share the same dex entry.
>>
>>27554699
What does it say on those red and orange bars?
>>
>>27551006
retard
>>
>>27550580

The leaker who mentioned split evos said they share a dex spot.

Your post means nothing.
>>
>>27554829
Alola Dex and Melemele Dex.
>>
>>27554912
Well, that's a strong point in the favor of having island based evos. After all, even the Kalos starters were only listed in the central dex. I see little reason to have the starters be in multiple island dexs unless they had a purpose.
>>
>>27555032
Alola has a National Dex, the Alola Dex, and then each Island has its own.

So basically the Kalos Dex, and then Central Kalos, etc.
>>
>>27555134
Right. I think I got the name of the second island mixed up with the region for a bit.

In that case, it's dependent on if the starters are listed on each island dex again.
>>
>>27555173
I already have an answer for this. Yes, Oricorio is listed for all 4 islands, but it's the same entry. Like, you have Pom pom, and you either see or capture pa'u. You go to Akala dex, it's entry is there, but you still see both forms and two blanks.
>>
it's almost like they would want to cover up such a huge new twist, and properly reveal it later, not buried in an hour long playthrough at the nintendo treehouse.

I don't even believe we're getting split evos but they could easily have taken out the split evos from the pokedex so no one would see until later
>>
>>27555286
if that were the case they would just not show it period.
>>
>>27555332
That's a good point
>>
>>27550625
Oh how convenient
>>
File: Picture.jpg (26KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Picture.jpg
26KB, 500x335px
>>27552017
I'm sure the "secret" they share will be some bullshit like they'll give you a Rockruff and it'll hold one of those Z-moves stone, and your starter held one too when you got it
I really want the split evo to be real even though I'm happy with the final stages we got, but I'm just setting myself for disappointment
>>
I do find it odd the stones in it's neck look exactly like the Z Crystals. The starters have no such feature, though.
>>
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 789x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 789x481px
The pokedex entry shows white pokeball icons that represent all possible evolutions and Pokemon that "form a pair" with it.

Eevee is shown with 8 icons that represent all its different evolutions. If the starters were to have split evolutions, an extra icon would be present, whether as another possible evo or a "pair pokemon", but it's not.

Now, it could be possible that these "split evos" are actually alternate forms of the final evolution. I'm not sure if alternate forms are included in the pokedex entries.

If this is true, I wouldn't expect a totally different looking alternate form. At best, it'll probably have different coloring, a few small changes, and probably different stats. Alternate forms hardly ever stray too far from their original forms (Rotom, Basculin, Sawsbuck, Vivillon). I wouldn't get my hopes up for a drastically different Pokemon. Pretty much all Pokemon that are split by gender are treated as individual Pokemon and not alternate forms (such as Volbeat + Illumise, Gardevoir + Gallade, Wormadam + Mothim).
>>
I forgot to mention. Some might say that the pokedex entries were changed so that they wouldn't reveal this information about split evos.

However, I feel that their solution to this would've been to just censor it. If you watch the E3 gameplay video at around 20:45, you'll notice that they cover up Yungoos' pokedex entry (the woman mentions that they could check it out but then it gets censored lol).

I feel they would've just done this if they wanted to avoid any sort of inadvertent leak.
>>
>>27557630
Supposedly you can edit what is shown in the dex
>>
Frillish, Unfezant, Pyroar, and Meowstic are examples of Pokemon who have substantial gender differences and still share the same pokedex number. It's important to note though, that these gender differences aren't radically different (both Frillish are same-shaped jellyfish, male Unfezant has a mask, the two Pyroar have different styles of manes, and the Meowstic change in color and pattern but retain the same body shape and form).

So, even if alternate forms of the starters are available for the opposite gender, they would most likely be very similar to the other form. We're more likely to get a "merman" design rather than a totally different, Ballio type design.
>>
>>27557852
If this is the case, then it is possible that these alternate forms could exist.

Personally, I highly doubt it. However, we have seen some crazy things in the last couple of weeks so who's to say it's totally impossible. But, if they are real, they probably won't be the kind of alternate forms people want.
>>
>>27554788
Then litten's evo will make even less sense.
>>
>>27554662
Meowstic tho
>>
>>27550580
It only happens with the national dex in the kalos late game
>>
wow........... really makes you think huh?
>>
>>27557867
>merman
and why has noone made a drawing of this yet?
>>
>>27557867
How are they even going to make Litten's more female, tits and eyeliner?
Popplio and Litten are far more skewed to a particular gender appearance wise, so if they actually want to go for more apparent gender differences with the starters instead of just the usual "X of the mon is bigger etc" they have to change up quite a bit of the design.
If that's the case I can't even imagine how weird it will look, or how much outcry there will be if it ends up too "sexualized" and it's going to be pretty difficult to not have a wrestler look faggy or sluty.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.