[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptg/ - Pokken Tournament General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: darkrai.jpg (25KB, 554x311px) Image search: [Google]
darkrai.jpg
25KB, 554x311px
Pokken Tournament General

It's not Sun and Moon Edition

Old thread >>27376559
>VS Code: vgptg

>FAQ
http://pastebin.com/wg88nq9D (embed)

>How do I play online? What is a VS code?
After completing the initial menu tutorial and picking a partner pokemon, pick Online Battle from the main menu / world map.
VS codes are basically passwords. Set the preferences to Anyone > Use Vs Code > vgptg

>What are some resources I can check out?
http://www.serebii.net/pokken/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pokken+tournament+tutorial
http://kuroganehammer.com/Pokken
http://pokkenarena.boards.net/
>>
so who are your mains and side charas, who are you currently learning??
Main: Blaziken
Side: Garchomp, Mewtwo
learning: weavile
>>
Anybody wanna get on the code? particularly if you play a projectile heavy character, I need pratice against zoners
>>
>>27497717
I might able to play in 30 minutes
I'm the above poster though, so no projectile chara
>>
>>27497831
You ready?
>>
>>27498118
yes
>>
>>27498135
>>27498118
searching
>>
>>27498135
Alright. getting on code now then
>>
>>27498164
>>27498156
Fuck, give me a sec, I forgot the wiiu is retarded and forces you to use the gamepad for text input

Need to charge the gamepad enough to just do that, should be like 2-3 mins
>>
>>27498176
no problem
>>
>>27498176
>>27498164
>>27498156
>>27498135
Alrighty, code inserted, searching now
>>
>>27498202
ggs, I didn't expect the skill difference to be this huge though
I need a life
>>
>>27498483
Yeah I think it's pretty clear you vastly outskill me. Your mewtwo especially I was just helpless against

I'm actually somewhat confident that on a better day we'd be more even in terms of weavile mirrors, though. I was not at my best during those last two matches due to being on tilt from all the mewtwo ones.

That aside, your fundamentals are way stronger then mine by a massive margin regardless of the match up. Even though most of the time I can see and recgonize the tells somebody is going for a grab or a counter, I lack the capacity to actually translate that into inputs untill ity's too late.
>>
Man, I wish the codes weren't so poorly designed. Can't see if anyone's in it, can't choose who to fight in it. With more than two people in the code, and less than ten, it's a mess trying to fight anyone other than your current opponent since finding a new one probably just rematches you to the same person. Can't tell if anyone is waiting in the code, so you just press rematch and hope your opponent sits out for ten minutes so maybe someone else in the code decides to find a new opponent, because you can't tell who's still fighting or not, goddamn.

On another note, Magneton takes too damn long to charge, the debuffs are shit, damage isn't great, and can't even hit anyone standing in front of you. They should at least hit people standing right in front of you, what the hell.
>>
b-bump
>>
File: c737a760f6f141ea60159a3f8ed494b5.jpg (232KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
c737a760f6f141ea60159a3f8ed494b5.jpg
232KB, 1000x707px
how are those youtube channels coming along guys? feel free to self promote yourselves, we need more content creators
>>
Calling it now, fourth new character will be another boss character.

Ash Pikachu.
>>
File: 41.png (54KB, 300x286px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
54KB, 300x286px
>tfw there's gonna be pokken at a con i'm going to
>tfw last minute cosplay crunch and can't practice
>>
>>27502689
>expecting good players at a cosplay con
>>
empoleon when
>>
>>27496764
Main: Sceptile
Haven't really gotten good enough that I've picked up any secondaries. When/if Scizor hits I'll probably give him a go, he's one of my favorites.
>>
File: gengar.jpg (269KB, 680x590px) Image search: [Google]
gengar.jpg
269KB, 680x590px
>>27496764
Main: Gengar
Side: No one. Gengar is it.
Learning: I guess after all this time, I'm still learning Gengar.
>>
Would Gengar's sludgebomb be OP if the counterbox extended over his entire body like every other counter in the game?
>>
>>27503881
Not really, since it's a charge move. I don't think it's even safe on block unless you only hit with the first hit of it.
>>
>>27503306
December 2017
>>
>>27503270
it's hosted by the local fighting scene
>>
>>27503999
Can't you grab right after it?
>>
>August
>still no WiiU news
>>
What can Machamp do that Charizard can't?
>>
Charizard is probably my most hated, besides S/M2s.
>>
>>27513248
I hate every character in some way, but Charizard and Garchomp are pretty fucking annoying.
>>
>>27496764
Main: Garchomp
Side: Sceptile
Learning: No one at the moment, any recommendations?
>>
>>27517269
Darkrai.
>>
>>27496764
Main: Braixen
Side: none
Learning: Weavile/Lucario
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.