[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he's not playing pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

>he's not playing pic related
>>
I just got menuhax from another thread so I want to start playing challenge roms. Do you think those are a good place to start?
>>
>>27431363
Yeah. I'm having fun making a team while being challenged. Also Roxanne team is pretty nuts.
>>
>>27431227
>playing romhacks
>>
>>27431511
>not playing romhacks
>>
>>27431227
How do you play a gen 6 romhack? I want to play these really bad
>>
>>27431574
Do the whole homebrew tutorial, then read this

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!
>>
>>27431227
Tried finding some playthrough to see what the challenges are like, and got this shit
https://youtu.be/vUrm7fviDPw
God damn, I can't handle the autism.
>>
What's the deal with wild pokemon not being legit? What change does the game make to them exactly?
>>
stop shilling your shitty rom hacks
>>
>>27431465

>starts off with a sticky webbin Shucle
>A FUCKING SHUCKLE IN THE FIRST GYM
>then a Carbink with Dazzing Gleam whichwhen you have a team full of first stages, it hurts a lot
>then a Probopass for added measure.

funny enough, Brawley and Wattson were much easier, even though they're technically suppose to be harder.
>>
>>27431818
If you install the Legit build, then it's fine.

I believe the difference between the leveled and 679 build is that the levels are scaled so they'll be met at levels that aren't legit. Of course,further randomizing these things mean you'll be discovering say, a Charizard right in the starting town, which obviously isn't legit.
>>
>>27431772
You should install it. I've just beaten the first gym and it was a challenge for me while running a randomized save. I thought I could power through it the first time with a team strong type of bad typings, but I lost and had to actually plan.
>>
>>27432158
> levels are scaled

Also, I think the 679 build means all pokemon are available for encounter, including legendaries, and their levels will also be scaled.
>>
>>27431227
Can you make a tl:dr of how to install it OP?
>>
>>27432437
>https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!

There's a short how-to install towards teh bottom, also has a video.
>>
>>27431227
Because I don't have a 3DS
>>
>>27432158
>>27432288
So the easy thing to do is just say you hatched everything at level 1?

Also I realized you have to run exe's to make the rom. Does anyone know an easy way to do that or should I just email shit to a pc?
>>
So besides a 3ds, what else do you need in order to prepare for hacking?
>>
>>27432622
That's why the maker of the rom mentions having to use PKHex or whatever to edit it to be legit if you want to use it outside of the rom. Just change the info to be legit and you've got yourself a legit pokemon.

Also, not sure what you mean by your last comment?

The two exe's you're going to be using are already included in the Star or Rutile folders you download. If you want to randomize, you'll need the third exe pk3DS.

You're going to want to do this on a PC because there's also a lot of drag and dropping and such.
>>
>>27432653
A 3DS running homebrew.

Other than that, a lot of what is need to play Rutile and Star is already included in their respective folders. Only other thing you may need is a randomizer if you want to run and randomized run. PK3DS is what the maker uses in his install video.
>>
>>27432717
Okay. Also, what flashcart do you recommend? Will any do?
>>
>>27432692
My sd card reader is built into a mac. I was just saying I guess I could send everything over to my desktop.

But what specifically would you change? Is it enough to change met levels to 1 like you hatched them from an egg or are there other details?
>>
>>27432762
I don't believe you need a flashcart for this. Just a computer with a SD reader.

Maybe watching the install video will shed some lght on how simple it really is. It's mostly just dragging and drop or waiting for the exe to do the work. Pretty simple.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKdU-cdMx1U
>>
>>27432772

I used a PC with no problems. I have no idea how it would work on a Mac. Sorry :c

You'll probably need to change specific things on certain pokemon, but I would think that for any non-legendary, just changing it to a hatched egg will work. For legendaries, you'll probably have to figure out their specific requirements, like where and what level Kyogre and Groudon are met at in a legit game.

But of course, I believe all of this would only matter if you run a randomized game. If you follow the how-to video, you'll be installing a legit game, so everything will be legit. The maker's words exactly:

>Legit Build: All Wild Pokémon are 100% legit for trade and will not appear as "hacked" by any legitimacy testers. Post-game foreign Pokémon are unlocked from the start, and rarities and Hordes are adjusted.
>Leveled Build: Wild Pokémon are the same as in the Legit Build, but are leveled up to keep pace with RR/SS's harsh level curve. A quick adjustment in PKHeX (editing Met Level) will make them 100% legit.
>679 Build: Wild Pokémon are altered so that every non-Legendary non-Starter species is available, at the same level as the Leveled Build. Legendary encounters are not changed in this or any Build. Click here for the list of altered encounter tables.
>>
Retard Proof guide to getting the Homebrew channel?
>>
Because my computers charging port AND my 3ds broke
>>
So I wanna play Pokemon for the first time, which edition should I play?

I wanna play a newer game, so no classic like Red/Blue, please.
>>
>>27433054
Yellow.
>>
I'd help but I don't want to be responsible for fucking up your 3DS.

I mean it's pretty simple. Download the starter kit on the homebrew channel then choose whether you want to do Menuhax or Web browser exploit to open Homebrew. It's already pretty retard proof.

Ask any questions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4v7yqa/3dshacking_qa_release_the_kraken_edition/
>>
>>27433005
Or go here: >>27425974
>>
>>27433054
Pokemon Emerald/ORAS
>>
>>27433054
pokemon stadium 2
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.