[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon GO Phone Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: xiaomi-redmi-note-3.jpg (89KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-redmi-note-3.jpg
89KB, 1000x749px
I guess this would technically be for /g/, but it's Go related so I'll ask here.

My piece of shit phone is outdated and I need a new one so I can play. Currently looking at this one.

Yea or nay?
If not, what phones do you recommend? No Apple shit.
>>
>>27245107
i recommend going to /g/
>>
Galaxy S5s are currently fairly cheap. Bought a new one @250€. Shit is cash and running smoothly. Also awesome battery, even exchangable.
>>
>>27245147
>Samsung

Enjoy your shit battery.

Try to find a cheap Sony phone, they're battery wizards. Fuck, get anything other than a Samsung.
>>
>>27245192
Spoken like a true idiot.
>>
>>27245192
>remove back
>swap batteries

wow so hard
>>
>>27245107
i'm rocking an xperia z3 compact and that runs on an 801, so if you have anything newer than that then it'll work
>>
If you want it cheap, go for an older phone that doesn't have gyro. AR mode eats up your battery life, anyway.
>>
>tfw droid turbo 2
>tfw can literally leave the game running all day despite 1440p res
>tfw 21 meg camera for sick pokemon shots
>tfw when can throw it off a bridge and it wont break because shatterproof design

unnnghh I'm cumming
>>
>>27245309
If you ever happen to throw your smartphone off a bridge, you should do the gene pool a favor and jump right behind, please.
>>
>>27245242
It's easier to just get a power bank. For like 20 bucks, you can get a pocket-sized power bank that can let nearly any phone run Pokemon Go for a full day.
>>
I got a redmi 3 for go. Works pretty great. Only issues with the phone is that the screen gets damaged easily and needs a protector and the camera is meh tier
>>
Literally any smartphone.
Like...any of them.

My iPhone runs it great and lasts a long time, my friends with android devices run it great and last a long time.

Who fucking cares, arguing about smart phones in 2016 is fucking dumb. They're all pretty much great.
>>
Xperia z5 compact
Everything else is trash
>>
>>27245765
This.
And a power bank.
>>
>>27245893
Yeah phone battery doesn't matter, a portable battery is going to be absolutely essential if you plan on playing for more than an hour at a time.
>>
>>27245107
N E X U S
E
X
U
S
>>
>>27246451
Agreed. A portable battery has been a blessing. The one I have has two USB output ports. So I can share with somebody if I need to. I was cleaning around and found an extra portable charger that my mom gave me the last time I visited. It doesn't seem to have a big battery on it but it'll be good to have in a pinch.
>>
5X or 6P if you want something bigger
There is literally no other phones on the market worth buying
>>
Low power mode and power saver mode on my iphone nets me 3-4 hours.
>>
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6. Sure the battery is shit, but I figure everyone's is playing this game regardless. I have an energy bank and an external battery phone case on the way in the mail so I don't really have to worry too much.

It's sleek and fast as shit, or rather, as sleek and fast as it can be with this game. I don't get as much lag as most of my friends seem to have, but they have cheaper phones than me so I don't know.
>>
>>27245107
>>>/g/

Also, Apple isn't shit. Just your opinion. Any phone can be shit or not shit. It depends on your opinion and on how you use it. But since you're a faggot who just wants a shitty phone to play Go, go buy one of those fanboy-favourite Samsung train wrecks.
>>
>>27245765
This.

Though that being said, Apple haters often tend to be the same people who love Samsung phones. Oh the irony.
>>
>>27248171
game runs fine on iphone 4s, you don't need to splurge on the 6
>>
>>27248154
>everyone who says Apple is shit is a Samsung fanboy
>says Samsung is shit

Oh the irony
>>
If you have the disposable income get an HTC 10.

Awesome audio, battery, and build quality. Fast, good camera, and good screen quality. S7 is fantastic too but the 10 is an alternative to touchwiz
>>
>>27248480
>but the 10 is an alternative to touchwiz
What does that mean exactly?
>>
I'm very happy with my LG G3 although they have released the G4 which I assume is an outright upgrade however my G3 is still the best phone i've ever used
>>
>>>/g/oaway
>>
>>27248493
Some people prefer it over Samsung because Sense is lighter and faster. HTC 10 just has a faster stock interface
>>
My LG G3 couldn't even play this game

>high brightness/temperature warning immediately as I launch the game
>phone slowed down to shit
>wouldn't even launch into pokemon catching mode

had to borrow my friend's galaxy s6
>>
>>27248580
how did you even play it on your G3? my g3 couldn't even play it
>>
>>27245107
http://en.bignox.com/pokemongo/
>>
>Thinking any phone has enough battery capacity to last a long Pokemon Go session.
Just a get a mobile recharger.
>>
I've got the Mediatek version of the Redmi Note 3 as pictured in the OP. Geekbuying.com have them cheap as fuck, battery life is fucking good. Would recommend/10. Just put Nova Launcher on it, MIUI's homescreen is blegh.
>>
>>27245765
>Literally any smartphone.
>Like...any of them.
No. You need a certain Android OS for it to be able to work; Intel CPU phones are fucked; most cheap/throwaway phones will not run the game.

>My iPhone runs it great
Your iPhone is about ten times as expensive as most phones on the market, you fucking moron.

Buying a phone just for Pokemon Go is fucking stupid. You're going to be spending at least 100 burgers for a fucking smartphone app that requires you to get outside and walk around instead of comfortably playing the game indoors. It's normalfaggotry at its finest.

Fuck off.
>>
>>27248869
Why didn't you buy the SD one? They have QC, albeit only 1.0.
>>
I have a Moto G2 and it runs but heats up massively and gyms are impossible due to lag. Is there really nothing less than 400€ new that can run this autism collector?
>>
>>27248898
>less than 400€

You have plenty of good choices for that price, do some research, fuck face.
>>
I'm using a Note 4. I also have a Nexus 6, but the Note has a 10k mah extra battery. So I just swap Sims and grab the Note for GO, and I can still play here and there on my Nexus when I'm at work or out and about.
>>
My £100 phone runs it fine
>>
>>27248740
oh shit
i was thinking of picking up a G4 to replace my cheap htc phone
>>
Anything with Android 4.4 and at least 1GB of RAM will run the game smoothly. I have a cheapo J1 Mini and it runs great.
>>
File: 1464494713385.jpg (58KB, 794x750px) Image search: [Google]
1464494713385.jpg
58KB, 794x750px
>>27248871
>100 fun bucks is a lot of money
>going outside is bad
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.