[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 18

File: 1467114664037-477387749.jpg (860KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1467114664037-477387749.jpg
860KB, 2048x1152px
>muh INJECTION
vs
>muh PURITY

I find breeding to be more fulfilling and gives you a sense of accomplishment. It also kind of establishes your relationship with that Pokemon because you worked hard to get it.
>inb4 autistic

Pic related freshly bred 6iv
>>
I don't give a shit as long as they stay away from official tournaments and don't pretend that what they're doing is legitimate.
>>
>>26891156
it's not shiny
throw it in the trash
>>
Thoughts on people who breed with 6 IV injected dittos?
>>
>>26891165
If you can't win against someone who inject his pokemon instead of breeding them the problem isn't from the player who inject, the problem is your shitty level
>>
>>26891168
Still cheating
>>
>>26891166
you must be "that guy" with a team of all shiny pokemon
>>
>>26891156
I don't understand this debate, is this too hard to accept some people like breeding their pokemon and some people prefer the fighting part and skip the breeding part because of this?
>>
>>26891175
That has nothing to do with what I said.
>>
>>26891194
I think what people don't accept is that people who inject are using 3rd party software which is anything but legit
>>
File: marie doughnut.jpg (49KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
marie doughnut.jpg
49KB, 582x582px
I prefer breeding.
I know how to RNG abuse in gen 5
I don't care if people inject if they choose to as long as it's legitimately possible to get.
I and many others use hacked/rng abused dittos for breeding

It's not my place to judge how anyone decides to play the game they bought.

>>26891188
>tfw you have breed enough masuda shinies to be able to pull off multiple shiny teams but feel too guilty to do it.
>>
File: 20150610_073132.jpg (532KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20150610_073132.jpg
532KB, 1328x747px
purity. because i don't battle competitively and i actively hunt shinies.

my larvitar was found during diamond chaining! too bad the whole hexagon thing sucks :(
>>
>>26891175
Bullshit. I kinda planned to go to regionals(I would say I'm kinda good everytime i play on Showdown i reach Top 100 after ~2-3 hrs) this yr but that they included legendarys stopped me. Because most battles are just Groudon + X + Kang.

So It ends up being a Speed Tie 99% of the time or you don't go for Speed Nature and boost your attack. If you have 30 Speed IV you have a disadvantage by system you loose 100% of the speed ties and you don't get anything from it. If you have 31 Speed IV but a Nature which doesn't give speed you gain something from it atleast.

Seriously If I would go to a tournament I would always cheat my pokemon as you have to test a huge amount of EV splits. It would take years to breed + test them.
>>
>>26891156
I inject. A 6IV legit and a 6IV injected are literally identical but if I inject it save me hours I can use to play with that team instead of cycling around an island.
>>
>>26891156
I don't care if others inject but I don't do it myself. Mostly because I enjoy the building and training a team part of the process. I have found out that when I inject, I find myself growing bored of my team more quickly, and as a result battles become boring too. Call me autistic, but I find the game more enjoyable when I get attatched to those bits of data that are my pokemon.
>>
Inject if you want. Breed of you want. If you get riled up over something so fucking stupid you are living a pathetic life and need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>26891156
>Adamant
lmao
>>
>>26891336
just as long as you dont go around defending inject = legit i guess
>>
>>26891242
Daily reminder that if you do not play competitive your opinion on injection is completely worthless as perfect IVs are not necessary in singleplayer
>>
>>26891594
kinda going for a tanky beast
>>

▲ ▲
>>
>>26891156
>Having to reject hundreds of newborn pokemon immediately after hatching
>Choosing to form a relationship with a pokemon because it has better stats
Wew lad
>>
I prefer breeding myself, I use it to pass the time and find it relaxing, but I don't mind if others inject. In the end, you get the same result.
>>
Wtf does inject mean? Kinda stopped playing right before b/w2 so I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>26891729
This

Do whatever you want. I prefer breeding but I don't think you need to be good at making chess pieces in order to be a good chess player.
>>
>>26891738
Basically pokegen/sav
>>
File: tumblr_n9ji16GXeh1t8duw6o1_500.png (156KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9ji16GXeh1t8duw6o1_500.png
156KB, 500x298px
>>26891156
why cant people who like breeding breed and people who like injecting inject?
>>
>>26891238
I am hesitant to use a Ditto of questionable legitimacy I got from the GTS. I would, however, be fine with using an RNG'd one. That's why I'd like to know how hard it is to RNG one in gen 5. Any tips?
>>
>>26891755
Ah I see, is that what it is called nowadays lol. Thanks friend.
>>
>>26891156
>It also kind of establishes your relationship with that Pokemon
>inb4 autistic
Yes, you are you fucking sperg.
>>
Don't give a fuck if you inject or fucking breed, it doesn't give you an advantage over me so I don't care
>>
File: its time to stop.jpg (18KB, 447x469px) Image search: [Google]
its time to stop.jpg
18KB, 447x469px
>>26891767
>he doesnt treat his pokemon with love and care

didnt professor oak teach you anything?
>>
I used to breed and now i inject

Never understood people's problem with each other since the end result is exactly the same
>>
File: 1463375566435.jpg (32KB, 457x361px) Image search: [Google]
1463375566435.jpg
32KB, 457x361px
>>26891767
>playing a game about virtual pets
>not loving and caring said pet
>>
>>26891156
There's no fucking difference, who cares. I would say you should only actually breed if you're fighting against your real life friends or if you're participating in VGC.
>>
>>26891724
>Having to reject hundreds of newborn pokemon immediately after hatching
That's what wonder trade is for, son. Maybe they will make someone else happy.

In return I now have multiple boxes of trashmon that I will never use.
>>
>>26891868
This nigga knows what's up.
>>
File: smug rival face.png (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
smug rival face.png
4KB, 256x192px
>>26891767
Half of the board grew up to be this guy.
>>
>>26891868
this
>>
>legit
can take an entire day to get a perfect pokemon

>inject
can take at most 3 minutes

There is literally NO REASON to do it the legit way unless you seriously enjoy riding your bike for hours.

The only thing I don't believe in is injecting shinies. If you inject shinies, you're just ruining the coolness of them.
>>
cheating will always be cheating.
Underhanded; you only cheat if you can't win any other way.
>>
>>26891156
I bet that Larvitar isn't even proud of it's power, like all my real, pure pokemon.
>>
File: 1465719243916.png (320KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1465719243916.png
320KB, 469x463px
>>26891930
>>
>>26891761

Just go to any serious Pokémon board (Smogon, Pokémon Showdown Wi-Fi chat, Nugget Bridge) and ask for one.
I know for a fact Smogon gives away RNG'd flawless Ditto freely to its members.
>>
I used to inject, just made the game really boring once you had everything you wanted. At least it did for me.

I prefer breeding, feels a lot better getting something really good because I worked for it.

I could give less of a shit if someone injects, because at the end of the day a 5iv Totodile with Dragon Dance and Ice Punch is the same thing whether it's bred or injected.
>>
>>26891930
For a second,I thought that you were serious.
>>
What if they added to the games an inject/edit option with the use of BP

How would everyone feel?
>>
File: fletch.jpg (34KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
fletch.jpg
34KB, 360x360px
>>26891156
Inject the Pokemon you intend to battle with (most people may as well be hacking considering they use 6IV dittos) and breed everything else. There, problem solved and the literal worst party (those who breed with hacked dittos but claim "muh purity") finally get assimilated.
>>
File: snipershrug.png (192KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
snipershrug.png
192KB, 800x459px
It's the same end result. Who cares?

>>26891980
>breed everything else
What are you going to breed that you're not going to battle with?
>>
>>26891168
Worse than everyone. People who breed regularly are fine. It takes a ridiculous amount of patience and dedication to work with what GF gave us. It's annoying but respectable to a degree.
Injectors may be cheating/hacking/what have you, but at least they're honest. And I'm sure some of them are doing it because of how time consuming GF made breeding.
6 IV ditto users are trying to have the best of both worlds while stepping all over and contradicting themselves. They're people who's opinions can be freely ignored.
>>
>>26891990
Living Dex, Shinnies, Pokemon who are Proud of their Power I guess. Maybe contest Pokemon. Breeding is a part of the game that helps immerse the player a little more in the Pokemon world. Right now it's a little too involved but I get the sentiment behind it.
>>
>>26891156
You feel more accomplished by doing it legit? Fine, but that doesn't give you the right to shit on people who doesn't find wasting hours on breeding to be worth the while when you can get the EXACT same result in just a couple of minutes. It's a fucking game, everyone else don't have to follow your autistic rules.
>>
>>26892036
vice versa
>>
>adamant
>pokeball
>1 egg move
>>>/out/
>>
>>26892003
>6 IV ditto users are trying to have the best of both worlds while stepping all over and contradicting themselves. They're people who's opinions can be freely ignored.

The only reason that I use a 6IV Ditto is because I don't think you should inject shinies. If I wasn't trying to get a comp shiny, I'd just inject it. I know it's still cheating, and I don't pretend that it isn't.

But for the fags that act like they aren't cheating by using a hacked Ditto, then yes, you're correct.
>>
File: 1463899489016.jpg (352KB, 1362x970px) Image search: [Google]
1463899489016.jpg
352KB, 1362x970px
>>26892079
>not having more than one build on a pokemon
>being a balltist
>some egg moves can be learned through move tutor
>>
File: wait.png (72KB, 1088x403px) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
72KB, 1088x403px
I have injected a livedex competitive plus some more fun sets, shiny or not and pretty much all the event pokemon with special moves/abillities since gen3.
By using wondercards and being careful all of my pokemon are impossible to differentiate from the grinders'
I am ready to pour all of these into S&M and crash the market with no survivors
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb6e5limvzo1jyj/main?dl=0
>>
>>26891990
Other 5/6iv shit as breeding parents for Sun & Moon, so if Skuntank for example gets something that makes it less utter trash, then he could breed a 6iv one easily
>>
>>26892107
The mental gymnastics that you autists do are still surprising me.
Why not just inject your pokemon and play a romhack or a new playthrough instead?
That is how you make "bonds" with pokemon.
>>
>>26891887
At least after he got his ass handed to him a dozen times, he started to gain some empathy, unlike the autistic sociopaths here.
>>
File: tsuyu.png (55KB, 270x276px) Image search: [Google]
tsuyu.png
55KB, 270x276px
I usually breed the IV's and then use my powersaves to change the nature.
>>
>>26891168
As long as it's German and not shiny, it's okay in my book.
Injected shinies are cancer.
Teams of all shinies are worse.
>>
>>26892314
even if all of those are legit, selfcatched or selfbfred?
>>
>>26891168

While it gives you a massive advantage over non cheaters, it's cool in my eyes since hackers tend to give them out en mass and they don't make the children hacked due to the way the generator works.
>>
Pokémon are a string of numbers.
I can make a string of numbers with my computer a lot more easily than playng bike simulator for hours. Injectmons are literally legit.
>>
>>26891930
This is never not funny.
>>
>>26891868

They're good for the lottery if anything. I get PP ups every day now.
>>
>>26892249
Did you even read my post? What "mental gymnastics" are you talking about? I know I'm cheating, I'm not denying that. I'm not claiming I'm doing ANYTHING legitimately. A 6IV Pokémon is expected, and practically necessary, for battling, a shiny is completely irrelevant. Breeding for a shiny just gives me something to do when I'm not battling.

And why would I want to start a new Playthrough? All I would do is what I'm doing now, breed for a shiny. The only difference is that I would have to do a bunch of pointless shit over again to get to the point I'm at now. I'll concede that breeding for a shiny is also pointless, but it's not AS pointless as playing the same game all over again for a third time.
>>
never realized this was a thing. is it still possible/easy to do? breeding takes too long
>>
>>26892454
Instead of wasting time grinding, why don't you play a romhack or a new playthrough on an emulator?
Justifying grinding as a "time waster" means you are either NEET or a bum

>it's not AS pointless as playing the same game all over again for a third time
Yeah you are retarded, maybe underage
>>
>>26892480
It is piss easy to do, assuming you are not a naive kid or teenager.
Check /ekx/
>>
I wouldn't call it much of a relationship if it was achieved through eugenics
>>
>>26891918
winners are winners, regardless of what it took to win.
>>
>>26892579
>Yeah you are retarded, maybe underage
Yes because Pokémon offers SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fucking new content on a new Playthrough. Just think! Instead of fighting Watson with this mon, I could fight him with that one! It's a completely different game!

I don't want to play a romhack, because I'd like to eventually battle others, if I'm going to spend the time to play through the game.

I also like that just because I don't agree with you that means I'm either stupid or a child. Clearly no adult could ever have a differing opinion on what is fun, because your opinions are objectively correct! But if you want to throw around baseless accusations, I'm pretty sure it's you who's either a NEET or underage.

This is the last reply you'll get from me, have a nice day.
>>
>>26892778
Lost your way? >>>/reddit/
>>
>>26891156
I prefer breeding because of the peace of mind that comes with knowing you got your pokemon legitimately, meaning there's no method that gamefreak can implement that might result in me losing my pokemon, who I get very attached to over time.
I do, however, use a set of 6IV dittos for the sake of ensuring all my pokemon are the best they can be. I see it no different than the idea of genetic modification/artificial birth, which is a pretty cool concept.
It also kind of tears me up inside knowing I've brought all these pokemon into the world only to throw them aside, so I try my best to minimize that.
>>
It's not cheating if you don't get caught.
And you will literally never get caught if you do it right.
>>
>>26892314
german?
>>
File: bob.jpg (44KB, 507x515px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
44KB, 507x515px
>>26891793
>>26891838
>>26891887
>>26892252
>love and care for your Pokemon!
>except the not perfect ones! toss those ones to rot in the box or pawn them off online!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9
>>
I don't really give a shit what people do with all that, do whichever

I breed because I enjoy it in XY
>>
File: 1466962622148.jpg (74KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1466962622148.jpg
74KB, 454x453px
>>26892842
hey
I cry everytime i trade away any of my pokemon
>>
>>26892321
>A legit self bred 6iv shiny ditto
>Self bred ditto.
>Bred
>Ditto
Yu wot m8?

>>26892830
Ja! Deutschland Uber Allies!
>>
>>26891156
Of course the process of breeding normally is more rewarding than injecting, since you actually put in the effort.
The thing is that, nobody injects because injection in itself is fun. They do it for what you use the pokémon for afterwards. And if the actually battling is what you're interested in then injection is the better way to get there.
>>
File: 1461514530495.gif (494KB, 245x136px) Image search: [Google]
1461514530495.gif
494KB, 245x136px
>>26891583
>>
Who fucking cares honestly?
If you both end up with 6 IV pokemon in the end it doesn't matter.
Dont be a little faggot and brag you inject, or don't be a little bitch and cry about muh effort.
>>
>>26891238
Anon fuck that, if you bred them, use them and don't feel bad about it, that's silly
>>
All I bother giving a shit about is the nature tbqh
Any more is minmaxing faggotry for tryhards that live inside of pokemon
>>
>>26893011
i was talking about the "full team of shinys"
>>
I was given a perfect ditto that i then made my team from, how would you count that?

>>26891165
But in the end it's the same pokemon, just faster
>>
>>26892339
Elaborate pls?
>>
if you hack, inject, cheat whatever you're a sad lazy piece of shit and you do know it. you just try to scream loudly about legit players' butthurt to try and shield yourself.

i don't care until it comes to the competitve scene. if you hack to gain an advantage in competitive battling then you're an even more massive piece of shit than i described above. that's what tiny dicked autists need to do to feel some sense of accomplishment and domination over over people and says a lot about your character.

pokemon fucks us over by allowing one-off, difficult to catch, ultra powerful, unbreedable pokemon in competition. this is where hacking aggravates me the most and makes competition nearly pointless.

with the breeding mechanics introduced in xy, i thought they did a great job to promote the spirit of the game and to reduce the need to hack. plus at least for the first competitive season, no legendaries and only kalos born were allowed. it made it possible to battle and not worry if the faggot sporting a 6 iv shiny uber hacked it or not (hint: 99.9% of the time they do).

now they allow in pokemon from previous gens and the unbreedable legendaries and the fuckstick losers that cba to compete without cheating (it is, you know it, because you worry about hack checking at tournaments) get to feel like they are so great while in truth they are complete frauds.

my wish is that competitive battling were like ps, where you could choose ivs, natures, moves, etc. prior to battle and then there would be no debate about cheating in competition.

if you hack to make a shinies to play the game or show off to friends, or even if it's known between whoever you battle, i don't care. but when you compete online or in a tournament, the presumption is that the poke is not hacked and if you hack to create an unfair advantage defined as cheating by the tournament rules or tcpi rules, then you're massive loser faggot and damn well know you are.
>>
>>26892842
Seriously, you could argue that the people who hack care MORE about their pokemon, because at least they don't end up with several boxes worth of unloved rejects.
>>
>>26893670
>hack checks
Ayy, they don't check shit
>>
>>26891156
I just don't care for the whole purity aspect. I inject some Pokemon I'd like to use but even then I keep stats in legitimate boundaries.
Most of my competitive Pokemon are legit anyway. I've just gotten bored of playing bike simulator when I got just make a competitively viable level 100 Pokemon much quicker.
I don't feel the same sense of "reward" that others do, I never have and probably never will. The only time I did was one time where I got a shiny ralts, but the novelty wore off eventually and I felt it was just a waste of 6 hours.
>>
>>26893767
This, hacks where they give 999 of every stat are retarded i was versing a guy with all hacks and ohko pokemon, it was cancer. I managed to kill his kyogre but nothing else
>>
>>26893584
Not for legendaries.
>>
>>26893670
>grinder tears

So fucking funny
>>
>>26894077
>I WORKEDDDDDDDD for my top tier smogon team.
>Shut up dad, I'm just yelling at a dirty cheater on the internet.
>No I can't go out and get a job, I have to ride my virtual bike 10 of thousands of time back and forth.
>DAD NO, GIVE ME BACK MY 3DS YOU PAYED FOR!!!!!!!!
>The sound of the righteous fury of a man destroying the machine that stole the son he once loved and had high hopes for.
>>
>>26893670
saved for pasta
>>
File: 1466545510273.png (474KB, 1440x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1466545510273.png
474KB, 1440x1437px
>Breeding for Hidden Power
>Giving a fuck about if Pokemon that have completely legal IVs end EVs were created legitimately when it's indistinguishable from the real thing
>Thinking that injecting gives you an edge in battle
>Breeding for Hidden Power

I don't give a fuck if you breed, but don't pretend like you have the moral high ground. Breeding is not difficult, it does not facilitate a bond between you and your Pokemon, it is not any more legitimate than injecting, it is pure tedium and nothing more.
>>
>>26894210
>thousands of time
Why not millions
>>
>>26891156
>It also kind of establishes your relationship with that Pokemon because you worked hard to get it.
Autism.
>>
>>26891156
They should get rid of ivs to eliminate the need to do illegal things, then breeding would solely be about nature's and movesets
>>
>>26894710
the game doesn't hold our hands enough yet
>>
Personally, I like to breed my mons. But I have injected some gimmick mons to try out. I'm against injected shiny mins though. All my shiny are bred for.
>>
i inject all of my competitive pokemon but no one would ever be able to tell they were injected
>>
>>26891156
>It also kind of establishes your relationship with that Pokemon because you worked hard to get it.
How's that special relationship with the rejects that you also bred?
>>
>>26895186
enjoy your hours of bike sim
>>
See, I breed all my Pokemon but get legends injected
>>
Why the fuck should I bother doing that if I can just cheat. Its a game theres no reward for working hard.
>>
I wouldn't care about injecting if every legendary had perfect ivs. Aren't they one of a kind? Why such diversity then?
>>
IVs were a mistake.

EVs I can get behind, only if they go about it several other ways.

Essentially make all pokemon equal unless you put some effort into, guess what, training them.

Holy fuck, training pokemon.

What a novel fucking idea.

Holy FUCK.

F U C K
U
C
K
>>
File: Shiny_trolly_gardevoir.jpg (43KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny_trolly_gardevoir.jpg
43KB, 640x488px
>>26893687
Honestly, this is how I feel about it. I breed from time to time, but if I really want something that would take hours of bike simulator 2014, I just inject it at lvl 1. Then I train that pokemon to a desired lvl, and I have a new friend that didn't require hundreds of 'rejects' to get.
>>
>>26893687
I certainly bond with the Pokemon I've injected. My scoliopede, lanturn, mr mime, haxorus, love all those fuckers like we go out for drinks every weekend.
>>
>>26897462
Yea but if you lose your game somehow it wouldn't be as much of a loss because you can just inject another :/
>>
>>26897517
You're right, my friends are better because they will never die.
>>
>>26897517
You could always breed another, moron.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.